Family Feud's primary source of funny is Steve basically saying what the audience is thinking and berating contestants for giving stupid answers, generally being shocked if the answer is actually on the board. Thanks to the show's official YouTube page, he got major points with the fanbase before Season 12 even began. He's also responsible for the show's ratings being better than they've ever been before.
When you're done laughing, head back over to the Feud's main funny moments page for more from the show.
- "When people talk about 'The Big One', what do they refer to?" The first answer? A man's privates. Cue the most epic "WTF?!" face from Steve.Steve: ..."Family"! "Family"! I just got this job! What are you trying to do?!
- During a question asking for a word or phrase that starts with "Pot", a contestant responded with "Potato."Steve, after being shocked for a few seconds (and can be seen mouthing "Potato?"), responded to both the family and audience with "Why y'all clapping?" After explaining the problem with the contestant's answer, he stated that "I'm gonna just... start walking towards the [other] family." As it turned out, "Potato" was on the board, shocking Steve again and prompting him to beg for the contestant's forgiveness.
- "In this bad economy, what might Santa Claus have to do to one of his reindeer?" "Eat one." Steve then proceeded to tear into the guy and his family ("You stop high-fivin' him!"), taking said response to its logical extreme. And then it was on the board, stunning Steve to the point where he could only muster a small "Wow."
- "Name a creature people sometimes get rid of by flushing it down the toilet." A very innocent-looking teenage girl dressed like she read some Dawson-era fashion tips answers the stuff that you normally flush down the toilet. Steve's reaction is just a little TMI.
- "We asked 100 men. Name a part of your body that's bigger than it was when you were 16." The 2nd contestant gives the answer you've all been waiting for, to which Steve slowly crumples to the floor... all while the timer continues to count down. After it hits zero, well... just watch. (The full round was MUCH worse, though.)
- Not on the show's YouTube page but still unaired, this exchange where Steve celebrates the birthday of the cue card lady. He then points out her husband "Woodstock" (so named because he's "been a hippie his entire life"), only to discover that Don (the man standing to Steve's right who gives him each question card) was the cue card lady's first husband.Steve: Well, welcome to Family Feud everybody. ... Right after the show, outside, Don and Woodstock are gonna be kicking each other's ass.
- During a question asking for something that a person with long legs might not be able to fit into, a contestant responded with "Long Pants." Steve responded by walking over to the contestant and basically lecturing her as a father would to his daughter over her choice. Steve's next reaction says it all.
- October 2010: A girl nicknamed Double-D.Steve: ...you can do that on Family Feud? This is the greatest show I've ever had!
- Steve cheers a strike.
- It's not uncommon for a family to reveal all the answers on the board, and it has happened many times with no Strikes. A pastor's family doing a Strikeless Sweep on this question is... well, it probably hasn't happened before or since.Steve: (grinning) I gotta go to this church!
- Later in the same episode, "Name something a burglar would not want to see when he breaks into a house." "Nekkid grandmaw!" The best part? It was the #2 answer (listed as "Gun/Occupant)".Opponent: (deadpan) I wouldn't want to see that, either.
- "Name a profession where you might get booed." "A comedian." Despite the verbal backspacing the poor girl cut loose with, Steve looked like he took it personally.
- During Fast Money: "Name a job that's dirty, but someone has to do it." "Plumber. [buzz-buzz] Uh .... Gynecologist."
- These three questions have the same train of thought by the contestants.Steve: This is when you know we're goin' to Hell.
- "Name a reason why someone may leave a house through the window." Vanessa gives an answer ("They lock themselves in the house, with the bolt lock-the extra lock on top.") which Steve notes has already been given ("Lost Key / Locked In") by literally walking up to the board and pointing at it... but she says it's different ("Maybe you spell 'lock' with two Ks"). She re-phrases her answer as "the deadbolt is stuck", to which Steve just says "Okay, I tell you what, let's just go with this one right here." It's accepted as "Broken Door". Steve, shocked by the discovery, ends up hugging and kneeling down to her.Steve: Forgive me, I'm sorry. I thought that was the stupidest answer...
- Contrary to what Steve heard at first, this contestant did not say "my black-ass parents".
- May 2011: Name a kind of crack. No, seriously.Steve: (resignedly) This show is going to hell.
- "Name something a man might give a nickname to." "His private parts." Steve's reaction says it all.Steve: Obviously, this isn't the show I thought it was...
- Even more hilarious was that it came out on the board as "His Ding-Dong".
- September 16, 2011: "Name something you see in every scary movie."
- Fall 2011: "Name something you put in your mouth but don't swallow." A pastor's wife gives the dirty answer you're more than likely thinking of (sperm), and Steve responds with probably the best "The Reason You Suck" Speech in the history of the genre... not only to her, but perhaps also to the show, which has been using these kinds of questions on purpose.Steve: (mocking her) "We're goin' for the money, so that makes it alright! It doesn't matter I'm a pastor's wife, a ticket to Hell is worth $20,000! You know it's up there, Steve-" (normal) No, I don't know a damn thing that's up there! What you ain't gonna do is drag me into your little nasty world! I don't know nothin' that's up there! "Oh, Steve, you know what's up there-" The hell I know what's up there!.... I have kids. Now... sp-spe...
(Strike sound plays; Steve goes into Happy Dance mode as the contestant looks shocked)
Steve: [Have] you ever walked up to somebody, saw the look on their face, and you just KNOW?
- Made even funnier by the fact that Steve anticipates the answer, and prefaces all of this with a "Think of the Censors!" spiel. Then he visibly grimaces when he realizes his plea fell on deaf ears.
- Before that, Steve asks the question, sees the huge grin on the contestant's face, and mutters "Wow" and backs up.
- "Name something an airline pilot may be holding during a long flight?"
- "Which of the Seven Dwarfs best describes your wife in bed?" A Youtube commenter described it best:"You know you've entered dangerous waters when even a Marine refuses to answer a question."
- To his credit, the Marine finally throws himself on that grenade, so... Hoo Rah.
- Even better, someone else in the comments pointed out the Marine had a Combat Action Ribbon and a Purple Heart.
- "Name something that gets passed around" "A Joint". Despite Steve's reaction, it's on the board. What makes this moment even better is the other contestant's answer, "a church collection plate" was worth less, and it was the only answer on the board worth less than "a joint"Steve: It scored less than the joint. This is not good.
- November 7, 2011: Name the best dressed game show host. "Steve Harvey" is up there... in the last slot. Steve is incredulous, but at least the audience cheers for him.
- Steve loses it over inconsistent judging surrounding the question "Name something that comes out of a hole."
- Name something you might see a squirrel at the park doing with his nuts. Made even funnier when someone responded with "Eating nuts" when Harvey didn't even finish the question, the same person later saying "Show me nuts!" The clincher, though, is the end of the round, where the last answer is revealed to be "scratching them", at which point Steve tosses away his card in utter exasperation.Steve: We'll be right back! ...If we still have a show!
- Name something a man might have in his pants when he's going on a hot date. One contestant knows her answer's going to be inappropriate and tries to be as PG as possible by saying "He's excited to go on his date." Steve knew what she was talking about but wanted her to be more specific. Her new answer? Boner. Steve's reaction was priceless:Steve: You can say that on TV? What are y'all clappin' for?! YOU SAID BONER! YOU SAID IT, YOU DIDN'T ASK ME IF YOU COULD SAY THAT! YOU SAID IT, AND THEN YOU SAID "DO I HAVE TO MAKE YOU SAY IT AGAIN?" I DIDN'T MAKE YOU SAY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!
- Number 5 answer, phrased as "a pitched tent", worth 5 points.
- "Name something that follows the word 'pork'" Firstly, Steve misunderstands a contestant's guess of "Loin" as "Lawn" due to her accent (she proceeded to blurt out "L-I-O-N! Loin!" to clarify it). Then another member of the family took it further by guessing "-cupine" (as in porcupine, with the same logic as the "Pot-ato" incident). Steve's reaction says it all.Steve: He said -cupine, (laughing) -cupine, -cupine, what?! What is -cupine? This is the greatest answer I've ever heard!
- "Name something that has white balls." The number 6 answer was "White Dudes".
- During Fast Money, "Name something you might put on top of a salad." Immediately realizing he made a major mistake, the second contestant says "Whipped cream". Steve declares it to be his favorite.
- "Name an occupation where someone wears a robe." "What is a surgeon?" Steve chastises the contestant for answering in the form of a question.
- "A wife can really cut her husband down to size by making fun of his what?" His manhood. (Which is the number 1 answer, labeled as Shrinky Dinky)Steve: All you women that's out there clapping, listen to me... Don't call it your man's Shrinky Dinky, okay, you'll wind up in a real situation, I can tell you that right now. You got a lot of stuff, but what I ain't 'bout to be is Shrinky Dinky.
- Totally true, if The Powerpuff Girls are to be believed.
- "Name something that will ruin a kiss." One of the contestants answers "a moustache." Steve's expression is priceless.
- The next answer? "Huge lips."
- "Name something that comes in 6-inch and 12-inch sizes." One contestant answers "condoms", and Steve loses it. Unlike a previous episode with this question, condoms were not on the board. Also surprising is that no one gave the other obligatory answer in that particular realm, "Guy's 'Soul Pole'".
Steve: Without hesitation. And he saw absolutely nothing wrong!
- Later during Fast Money, the contestants give "Titties" (4 points!) and "Tush" (2 points!) as body parts starting with the letter "T". In the case of the former, Steve is shocked and amazed that the contestant said it without an ounce of hesitation
- "Name a place on your body you wouldn't want a doctor to stick his finger." With a similarly hilarious level of confidence, members of the same family answer with "In the butt." (number one answer!) and "Vagina" (not on the board).
- 2012: "Name a place on your body that a doctor might look in with a little flashlight." The first contestant of the episode's "Fast Money" round, April, answers "Butt," leading Steve to later joke that if his doctor shines a flashlight in that area during an exam, "me and that man [his doctor] right there, we gonna tear that whole office up (i.e., Steve will fight him)." To both Steve and the audience's surprise, the answer earns 11 points! The hilarity is amplified further when April's sister, Bonita, gives the same answer when she has to answer the same survey questions!... which not only prompts a buzzer, but causes the audience to immediately burst out laughing, Steve to walk off to the other side of the stage and April to give Bonita a high-five.
- October 2012: "Name something parents hope their son has done by the time he's 30." "Have sex." The other contestant (and eventually, everyone else) realizes just how "interesting" the answer was; Steve had to emphasize that they were looking for what the parents hoped. It did score 2 points as "Scored/Sown Oats", though.
Steve: "Freddy Kr- who the hell are you married to?!"
- From the same episode: "We asked 100 married women: name a movie monster your husband acts like when he's angry." First, although she had won face off with a happy cheer (outscoring her opponent's "Godzilla" with "King Kong"), her family not only fails to celebrate, they tell her to pass. Perhaps a wise choice, as the opponent family fails to guess any other monster (Dracula failed to make the board despite being their only reasonable answer), and the only reason they got the steal was "The Hulk". Capping the absurdity is Steve's reaction to the No. 2 answer, "Freddy Krueger".
- For the win: "If Santa Claus was sick on Christmas Eve, who might he ask to deliver the presents?" "The Easter Bunny." She was right.
- In what probably is the first time this has ever happened since Celebrity Family Feud (or the TNA special):Steve: Fill in the blank; when I was a kid, we didn't have what?Mike: (buzzes in) Shit. (cue laughter, collective facepalms, and Harvey's WTF face) ...can I say that? It's the first thing that came to my head.
- Harvey proceeds to grill Mike for swearing on daytime TV, then turns to the director to ask how in the Hell he's supposed to work around that. His answer was accepted and written on the board as "Any money".
- February 18, 2013: "Name something in a honeymoon suite that encourages romance." "K-Y Jelly"
- November 27, 2013: Unfortunate Implications are not limited to the living.Steve: Name something you know about zombies.[Christie buzzes in]Christie: Black.Steve: [deadpan] They're black, okay. [laughter]Christie: I don't know if they're white, alright. Just help me. [long, awkward pause] It's up there! It's up there!Steve: You shut up, lady. The bl-, the Black Zombies! [strike]
- While a contestant introduced himself, Steve was fixing his tie. Then this happened:Contestant: I'm a product development consultant, and Steve Harvey is touching me!Steve: *jumps back, startled* ...Did that sound like a lawsuit to y'all?
- This exchange:Steve: Name a place people like to escape to.Contestant: A drunken state!Steve: *looks up with a 'what the hell' expression*
- The contestant has to clarify what she meant, for a moment Steve thought she was talking about an actual state. He mentions he was thinking of Alabama or Georgia or something similar.
- One Fast Money question was, "Name a reasonable curfew for a sixteen-year-old." The contestant answered...Contestant: Six o'clock!Steve: Six o'clock? GET IN THE HOUSE, IT'S SIX O'CLOCK!
- The inevitable answer to this question:Steve: Name something a man has that he likes to polish.Contestant: His man part! *audience laughs while Steve gives him his I'm-losing-faith-in-humanity look* ...Not that I know from experience-Steve: Shut up.
- "Name something you pull out." "Your penis!"
- Steve met a contestant named Khanh, who was a heavy set man. When he asked Khanh what he did for a living, he responded, "I'm a recovering vegetarian." Cue Steve losing it.
- The final answer to "Name something you fantasize about hitting your husband with" was a giant rubber dong. (For bonus humor, read through the comment section where the commenters guess what the category was, basically playing If This Is The Answer What Was The Question.)
- This one. The question was "Name a word or phrase that means 'Naked'". The contestant said "Nekkid", and Steve Harvey went on a huge rant saying how he wouldn't be able to use that. The contestant then decides on "Scantily Clad". Harvey loses it.
- The contestant (Arvell) tries to justify his answer, and Steve gives a response that could just about sum up his attitude towards every silly answer he hears on the show.
- Asking for the best low voice someone has ever heard, "Harry Styles." Steve's reaction is hilarious.Steve: Harry Styles, ha ha ha, who the hell is that?
- "We asked 100 men; name something you might like about living life as a woman." "I can have my very own breasts!" It was the #1 answer.
- "Name something a doctor might pull out of a person". You might not believe the answer even after you hear it
- "We talked to a hundred women, name something most women wouldn't be caught dead leaving the house without." "Their vibrator." Steve's improv is just gold. "Well, on my way to the grocery store...Where in the world is my toy? Ain't no tellin' how long these lines gon' be..."
- "If the Statue of Liberty were a man, name something it might be holding instead of a torch." The number four answer, "its wang", prompts Steve to mime doing so immediately. The folks over at Whose Line Is It Anyway? would have joined in with him.
- This contestant failed to realize that their answer was already up on the board.
- "Name a little animal that's as scary to people as a big shark." "Chihuahua." Steve says he would dive into the audience naked if its up there; it's not.
- November 24, 2014: "Name something women wear that was obviously designed by men because it's uncomfortable but sexy." "Texas, Steve! Texas." Harvey is dumbfounded by the answer, even more so after the contestant says that this was what he meant to say, and provides zero explanation.
- Later on, from the opposing family: "Name an animal that, if it could talk, would say 'I'm all ears.'" "Old man." As part of his reaction, Steve proceeds to blurt out "Texas!"
- This contestant somehow misses the buzzer.
- May 14, 2015: "Tell me a nickname that someone gives their lover that starts with the word 'sugar'." "Sugar dumpling." You know an answer is ridiculous when it makes Steve breaks into song...
- Of course, the New Celebrity Family Feud had to lead off with "Name something a nude magician might pull a rabbit out of." Anthony Anderson's mom says "His nuts"; cue everyone trying to emphasize that this is supposed to be a family show.Steve: This show is goin' to hell. The kahunas! [strike]
- June 28, 2015 (Celebrity Family Feud): It's NFL night (AFC vs. NFC). 49ers tight end Vernon Davis stole the show.
- "If you're good at reading body language, which part of a woman speaks the loudest?" "Her feet."
- Steve scalding Terrell Suggs for hitting the buzzer too hard.
- "Name something that follows the word 'strip'." The whole round was pretty much a laugh riot, but taking the cake, "Strip rip", and Vernon trying to play the Pork-cupine card with "...-Per?"
- July 19, 2015: "Name something that can be inflated or deflated." Steve absolutely knows something bad is about to happen the moment he looks at the card, because up against Holly Robinson Peete is Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots. Holly Robinson Peete gives a low-scoring answer, but Rob decides to pass, perhaps because of poor timing.note Then we also get the bad answers "condom" and "teddy bear".
- Date unknown, uploaded on August 5, 2015: "Name something a farmer's wife might accuse him of caring about more than her." The contestant says "farm equipment" first, but Steve says he needs to be more specific...Contestant: His... hoe?
(the entire audience cracks up)
Steve: I kid you not, I couldn't have wrote a joke better than that! That's the best damn answer I've ever heard as the host of Family Feud! That's damn brilliant!
Contestant: Thank you, Steve.
Steve: Now, it ain't up there, but that is the BEST damn answer that ain't on the board I've ever heard!
- In Fast Money, "How many of the Ten Commandments have you broken this month?" "Seven." Steve loses it when he goes over the results (the first person said "three")Steve: You said ... seven outta ten! Who does that? In a month!? What have you done? Who'd you kill? You stole some stuff, which one is it? Which one of the three didn't she do?!
- September 18, 2015: "If you were an octopus, name something you could do to 8 people all at once." Yes, they went there, and the very first guess was "suck on them" (not on the board). It culminated with one woman giving an answer that was too hot for TV (but apparently hot enough for YouTube)note ; it was accepted as "Fondle/Their butts".
- In Fast Money, "Name something that would make a party depressing." "Dead person." It scored 8 points.
- "What would make you suspect that your new home was haunted?". The #4 answer: "A ghost impregnated me".
- "What might a blind date conveniently forget to mention about himself?" After five seconds of almost reaching for the buzzer, a member of the right family does and answers "He's blind."
- Another answer to that question was "He's a woman"
- November 23, 2015: "Name a part of a man's body that if hair were ripped from it, it might cause him to cry." The first person says "chest", and of course the second person said "Penis". Even better is the fact that the judges actually considered it a valid answer (presumably, they counted it as "Crotch"), and it scored 26 points!
- The Hilarious Outtakes, which the show posts to its website and YouTube:note
Steve: They're gonna throw it out, we're gonna go back. It's nobody's fault, we just have a bad question sometimes. Then you match a bad question with two bad answers...
- Name something guys like to swing.
- Name something most men do not do as well as they think they do. Wipe theirself.
- Name a celebrity with a big mouth who is not afraid to use it. "Steve Harvey."
- Steve winces before he can finish the question.
- "Name an animal you associate with a holiday." "A bear. Valentine's bear." (Presumably talking about a teddy bear, but Steve turns it into a stand-up routine right then and there.)
- The crew ambushes Steve by flashing a rather shocking picture of one of the answers on the board. The reaction sells it: "When the hell'd we start using props?"
- "We asked 100 women: Name something you like to do when you're home alone." The answer: "Masturbate". And when it's not up there, she insists the women lied.
- February 23, 2016: Steve asks for "another way people say 'mother'"; one contestant seemingly tests his patience by giving answers that had already been said, with slightly different pronunciations.
- That same family went on to the Fast Money round, since the other family couldn't steal the points from the normal round. The first contestant, Cecilia, gave three bad answers and one decent one (she couldn't think of anything for the first question), for a total of 19 points. Steve doesn't have the heart to tell the second contestant, Sam, just how many points he needs, and before asking for 25 seconds on the clock, he says "Let's remind everyone of Cecilia's answer." Sam had already been struggling to keep a straight face, and finally lost it when Steve said this.
- February 24, 2016: (Fast Money) "Name something Grandpa is too old to be riding on." "His wife." Even more hilarious? This answer won the game.
- July 3, 2016 (Celebrity Family Feud): "Name something people do sexier than others." "Drive." Steve remarks that this was the first time he had ever heard the opponents laugh at an answer.
- July 10, 2016 (Celebrity Family Feud): "Fill in the blank: 'pie in the [what?]'" Snoop Dogg, being the person that he is, says "Horse." Steve cannot comprehend what the hell that answer is supposed to mean.Steve: WELL. (Snoop is squatting down, pantomiming shooting craps) Sometimes, God hears and answers prayers. I now get to find out what the hell he said. We need one point! Fill in the blank: Pie in the—what the hell did you say? What?! (walking up to the board) PIE IN THE WHAT?! (the word "Horse" appears on the board) Pie. In the horse. (walks back to Snoop) Folks, when your brain cells have...(Snoop and the audience laugh)...when your brain cells have suffered a little bit...you're gonna have moments like this. This is going to be on YouTube. Cuz Snoop just said PIE IN THE HORSE.
- July 31, 2016 (Celebrity Family Feud):Steve: Name someone you kiss goodbye but never passionately.Conor Daly: TK?James Hinchcliffe: That's a lie! I've seen you two kiss![Tony "TK" Kanaan goes over to kiss Conor on the cheek.]Hinch: You tell me there wasn't passion in that!
Steve: A wife might tell her husband 'Yeah, I'll wear lingerie if you wear...' what?Will: A sock? (It's on the board as 'condom/weenie beanie')Steve: Name something of King Kong's that's really long.Will: His, uh...Hinch: Easy.Will: His ding-dong? (Also on the board as 'His King-A-Ling')
- Even better, Conor's answer was accepted as "My Friend/Broski"!
- Also, Will Power is unable to answer anything above the belt.
- Also, Steve played wingman for the recently single Hinch.
- In another Celebrity Family Feud fast money, Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy was asked, We asked 100 married women
If men wore loincloths, what size would your husband wear?. His answer? 3X. This caused Steve to stop the clock and briefly walk off the set.Steve: (in a high-pitched voice) DAMN! 3X! 'Mama, here come that man!'
Steve: Is this real? Oh my god.
- Arguably even more hilarious was in that same fast money round, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs was asked to finish the phrase, leave it _____. Diggs answered without hesitation, In. Needless to say, Steve was shocked.
- Steve asks one man his occupation. "I'm a colon and rectal surgeon." After Steve goes off on him about why they exist and wanting to poke his eye out (and getting the suggestion "Find a surgeon with small hands", and holding up his own for emphasis), he moves on to his brother...who's a gastroenterologist.Steve: So y'all on one end, he's on the other? I just put it down there, y'all take it out? That is so jacked up.
- October 13, 2016: "Name something you only have one set of." First, someone answers "Balls". Yes, it's up there. Later, another contestant answers "breasts". It's listed on the board as "Dairy Cannons", which leaves Steve in disbelief.
- "Something you put on celery before eating it. You said 'Mustard'. [Beat] No one does that."
- "Besides tennis, name a sport played with a racket. You said... [The answer "Lacrosse" appears on the board] the sport with a stick. [crowd laughs]
- February 6, 2017: On one question, the buzzer doesn't make its sound when a player hits it (leading to an awkward moment).
- "Fill in the blank; some politicians belong in the White House. Others belong in the [blank]house." "The White House." Steve's reaction and mocking derails the game for several minutes, and he even uses the same mocking tone for his sign-off at the end of the show.Steve: Your brother-in-law 'bout to be on YouTube!
- July 9, 2017 (Celebrity Family Feud): "Name a word that rhymes with 'yummy'". Basketball Hall of Famer Gary Payton first answers with "hummy". Then, baseball player Pedro Martinez answers with Miami.
- In that episode's Fast Money, Pedro answers "We asked 100 men: In your life, how many fistfights have you been in?" with ''fifteen''.
- In the following game, one of the guesses for "Name a good place where you can cry" is "a restaurant". Harvey mocks it by assuming what a person might do in that situation and doesn't weep until he "opens up the menu".
- July 13, 2017: "Name a kind of suit that's not appropriate for the office." The contestant mishears Harvey and answers with: "Chicken noodle".
- April 18, 2018: During a Fast Money round, "Name a place you see a lot of unhappy men." Kevin answers with: "weddings".
- Steve Harvey asks a contestant to "Name something that dries up when it gets old". The first person to respond, Grant, meekly says, "Asparagus", and immediately cringes. It's not only up there (counted as "Fruits/Vegetables"), it's also the very top answer with 44 responses. Steve accuses Grant of making a guess he knew wasn't up there before finally admitting that he was the one that doubted it was up there.Steve Harvey: ...if the letters [in] "asparagus" had popped up on that board, (beat) I woulda shot myself.
- "Name something that could ruin a kiss." After Jaleel White's "chapped lips" answer fails to steal the points, Steve reveals the other answers...and #4 is "a booty tooty". Cue confusion from everybody.Rico: ...what is that?
Jaleel: (looking highly confused)
Rico: Do you have an explanation for that, Steve?
Steve: (looks around, confused)
Jaleel: (raises his hand, beckons Steve over) Um...if I'm gonna leave this show as a loser today, I would just like to know what is a "booty tooty"?
Raini: I'm interested to know. I'm confused over here.
Steve: The, uh, the entire minority population is confused. The blacks and browns have come together in... finally. Finally. And looking out at the others out in the audience, white people don't know what the hell that is either! So finally, we have found a common ground! Don't NOBODY know what the hell a "booty tooty" is!
- It takes someone in the audience to point out that it's a really strange way of saying "fart."
- One family's bad Fast Money round has some seriously hilarious moments, who otherwise got over $40,000 in their run. The first contestant says that a man's "perfect height for a woman" was "5'10"", and answers the next question, "name something on your body that might get pulled", with "penis." Steve struggles to read the third question... twice.Steve: Name something on your body that might get pulled. You said... ["Penis" is revealed] [snarking] And that's 'cause the woman you dating is too tall.
- The second contestant proceeds to ALSO guess "5'10"" and "penis", guessing "4'3"" and "nipples" instead. Steve struggles to read the third question for the third time and promptly walked off the set.
- What's even funnier is that this is one of the few times a zero points answer got repeated. What's even funnier than that is that "Nipples" scored 2 points. What's funnier than that is that the top answer was "hair", something the two contestants and the host don't have.
- One of the questions was "If a man walks in on his wife when she's in the bathroom, what would she throw at him?" The survey revealed that four people said "Her poop." Steve's expression was just priceless. Even better, instead of reading along when it was revealed on the board, the audience just groaned in disgust.
- From a celebrity edition featuring Country Music singer Scotty McCreery and his family. Scotty's Fast Money response to "Name something you saw and immediately said, 'I'll take it.'" was "Fried chicken", which caused Steve to laugh and say "My man!" before reading the next question. He then followed it up with an even better one: "Name something you think of when you hear the word 'boo'." "Yah." (as in the slang term "Booyah!") "Fried chicken" got 11 points, and they won the jackpot before Steve could reveal whether or not "Yah" got any points.
- The appearance of the Obu family. During introductions, Steve gets distracted by one name tag in the bunch...Steve: Your name is Obu? And your last name is Obu? "Obu Obu"?
Obu: That's right.
Ibum: You should ask him what his middle name is.
Obu: Steve's not ready for that, no, Steve's not ready for that!
Steve: You don't know how ready I am! Matter of fact, we're not doing a damn thing until we find out! What's your middle name, Obu?
Obu: It's Obu.
Steve: "Obu Obu Obu"?
Obu: Yes sir. Should I show my ID?
Steve: Nah, I don't gotta see your ID... do you have it on you?
Obu: Yep. [shows ID to Steve]
Steve: I'll be damned... uh, who named you Obu Obu Obu?
Obu: My father.
Steve: Your father... your father still livin'?
Obu: Yes sir, he's right out there in the audience.
[Obu's father stands up and waves]
Steve: Yeah, you just who I'm looking for. What's your name, sir?
- One Fast Money round started off with a set of answers that only scored 14 points. But it wasn't the answers, it was the second family member's stunned reaction that set Steve off in a fit of laughter that can best be described as 'squeaky toy'.
- Near the end of the first part of a Fast Money round, Steve asked "Name something you do while on the couch that you also do in bed." as a question, and was given "rub yourself" as the answer by the first contestant. Steve was so frozen that he couldn't even manage to state the last question before the timer ran out. The priceless part? Three other people actually gave the same answer on the survey.Steve: Your ass is gonna be on YouTube!LaterSteve: (to the second contestant) Chavoy, surprisingly, got some points he shouldn't have.
- "If a man cheats on his wife, name something of his she might throw into a wood chipper." One contestant goes the Freudian route and says "his junk", and gets a point, but the rest of the family's nicer alternatives aren't enough to sweep the board and the other family steals. Their consensus? "The other woman." The capper is not that they're right, but that, on the board, it's counted as "Pickle Pleasin' Ho".
- "Tell me a word a married man would use to fill in the blank, 'I would BLANK for sex'." - Lie, die, pay, beg, kill. The two ladies say "cook" and "clean"; the fact that Steve agrees with all the male answers more and more as it goes on and gets more and more involved is hilarious.
- When they cycle back to the ladies, Steve just tells the other team "get ready to steal". Predictably, they do - unpredictably, their head of the family fouls it up for them by answering, way too proudly, "cry for sex". Steve smacks him.
- In one episode, there was a teenager who was easily One Head Taller than the other men on the show, including his father and older brothers, leading to this exchange:Contestant: Yeah, I'm a sophomore in high school.Steve: Great—what major?Contestant: High school.Steve: Oh. *looks up at him* Damn. You're the tallest one here.
- One particular case that also doubles as an awesome moment; "Name a male celebrity that can be described as bald and beautiful." Steve practically begged for at least one person mistakenly thinking of him fitting this somehow: he was worth 25 points! He also riffed on the other celebrities who came up as answers. Even better, was that all of the answers on the right half of the board were worth only two fewer points combined than Steve Harvey.
- "We asked 100 men: name a food that makes you think about sex." Cue the kid, who's probably not old enough to have sex, shouting "HOT DAWG!". His opponent's answer of "whipped cream" (which, kudos to her, is probably true!) is not on the board, so Steve goes to the family of the kid. The next answer? "Donut", and it dissolves into a discussion about sex education, which is as hilarious as it sounds.
- Later, during that same question, two other answers given were "meatballs" and "tacos" (the latter caused Steve to throw his cards away in exasperation while walking over to the other team).
- "Name something on your wife's shopping list that looks like she's planning a murder." At some point Steve realizes that the family is a little too familiar with this subject...
- Fast Money with the second player, Big Beautiful Woman Mandi, which immediately throws a shadow over the very first question (name the perfect waist size for a woman). Mandi's answer was 34", which gets a 0, and Steve reveals that the top answer was actually 24", which doesn't help much... until Steve is reminded of the lyrics to the funk classic "Brick House", and Mandi also knows the words, leading to the whole scene mutating into a musical number.
- Qualifying for an Awesome moment as well, Mandi was also responsible for one of those answers that Steve is absolutely certain isn't on the board... until it is.
- "Give me a boy's name that starts with the letter H." The contestant's answer? Jose. Cue Steve Harvey just turning away with a blank expression that reads, "Did he really just say that?".
- The 2019 season of Celebrity Family Feud was capped off with the most legendary TV family matchup: The Goldbergs vs. Blackish. Needless to say, things went downhill fast and many laughs were had. Some highlights from the event:
Steve Harvey: Okay, I gotcha. You are stupid.
- Anthony Anderson trying to "bribe" Steve out of playing the match, which leads to the latter jokingly declaring team Blackish as the winners.
- Jeff Garlin's entire introduction is nothing short of hilarious, from casually mentioning that he's dating Anthony's mama Doris, to specifying that his charity is not called "Fudge" Cancer, because the disease doesn't exist in Family Feud.
Tracee: "Hag nose"?Anthony: What's a "Cat Face"?
- The question "What do you think Steve Harvey smells like?" resulted in a bunch of howlers (such as Sam being utterly ashamed of answering "sex", and Anthony actually smelling Steve so that he could get his "cocoa butter" answer right), but the one answer on the board that got Steve to do a Flat "What" was "Lilac/Flowers".
- After the round for the question "What body part does your mother have that you hope yours doesn't look like?" ended, among the predictable insult answers on the board, one was revealed to be "Hag Nose/Cat Face". Everyone was offended, especially Steve Harvey, whose mother fits the former description.
- The questions and answers get bad when the person with the raunchy answer has an enabler...Steve: Tell me the last thing you stuck your finger in?
(The contestant looks forward for a few moments, then glances at the woman next to him)
Kevin: My wife, Steve!
Steve: (looks away, exasperated)
Kevin: (high-fives his wife)
Steve: I've had a lot of good answers... my favorite answer of all time. (beat) Don't do that no more.
- To top things off, when he asks Kevin's wife the same question, he immediately turns to Kevin, who says in response, "No, sir."
- If the Easter Bunny pooped candy, what specific candy would he poop? Many hilarious answers were given, but the most hilarious has to be Carols answer of Penny Tootsie Rolls with the paper off. It says a lot when Steve cant even finish saying her answer without cracking up.
- "We asked 100 married women... Name a kind of boat that best describes your man in the bedroom." Contestant Brian answers with "aircraft carrier". Steve's reaction afterwards only adds to the hilarity.
- "Name something people run across their lips."Jim: Gravy. (laughs)
Steve: (while laughing) You're just trying to give the safest answer you can. You know good and hell well that ain't up here. Gravy!
- The funniest part is that gravy actually was on the board at #5, listed as "Food/Juicy Cherry". This results in Steve tossing his card and walking off the set, as if he's given up on humanity.
- We asked 100 women... Name something the Pillsbury doughboy and your man have in common. Contestant Bill laughs in exasperation before answering "he's white". This results in Steve, while laughing, walking off and throwing his cards away. That being said, Steve claims it to be one of his favorite answers.Steve: Aw man, that's funny to me. Man, that's the best answer I've ever heard. I-I love real answers, man.
- "If they sold a Steve Harvey costume for Halloween, what might it come with?" Lil Wayne look-alike Lamont answers with "a big nose." This leads to Steve repeatedly threatening to tear the game board down if "big nose" is up there. Thankfully for him, it wasn't.
- One Fast Money question asked for another word for "toilet". A contestant said "Shitter" which appeared on the board as "Sh***er". He got two points for it.