Ming-Na Wen (Chinese: 温明娜; pinyin: Wēn Míngnà); born November 20, 1963) is a Macau-born American actress. She grew up in Pittsburgh where her family still runs a Chinese restaurant, and there was cast in Mister Rogers' Neighborhood while attending Carnegie Mellon University. She received her first major role in 1988 on As the World Turns, then rose to stardom in The Joy Luck Club and ER. She is also the voice of Hua Mulan and portrayed Chun Li in the live-action Street Fighter movie. She co-starred in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Melinda May. The Mandalorian turned her into a Promoted Fangirl of Star Wars, when she landed the role of Fennec Shand.
She shares two children with husband Eric Michael Zee, one of whom is voice actress Michaela Zee.
- 1993 The Joy Luck Club as Jing-Mei "June" Woo
- 1994 Street Fighter as Chun-Li
- 1997 One Night Stand as Mimi Carlyle
- As Fa Mulan in any animated Disney media.
- 2001 Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within as Dr. Aki Ross
- 2008 Prom Night as Dr. Elisha Crowe
- 2009 Push as Emily Hu
- 2018present Marvel Rising as Hala
- 2020 Mulan as an "Esteemed Guest"
- 1985 Mister Rogers' Neighborhood as Royal trumpeter
- 19881991 As the World Turns as Lien Hughes
- 1995, 20002004 ER as Dr. Jing-Mei "Deb" Chen
- 19951997 The Single Guy as Trudy
- 19981999 Spawn as Jade/Lisa Wu
- 20042005 The Batman as Detective Ellen Yin
- 2004 The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius as Peggy Tsu
- 2007, 2010 Two and a Half Men as Judge Linda Harris
- 20082015 Phineas and Ferb as Dr. Hirano
- 20092011 Stargate Universe as Camile Wray
- 20112012 Eureka as Senator Michaela Wen
- 2012 Adventure Time as Finn's Mom
- 20132020 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Melinda May
- 20142018 Sofia the First as Mulan and Vega
- 20172018 Milo Murphy's Law as Savannah and The Jacob Twins
- 2018present Guardians of the Galaxy as Phylla Vell
- 2019 Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart as Tanya Keys
- Star Wars as Fennec Shand:
- 2020-present Awkwafina is Nora from Queens as Aunt Sandra
- 2021-present Yasuke as Natsumaru
- Action Girl: Most of her well-known roles.
- Asian and Nerdy: If her character is not an Action Girl or Lady of War, then she's usually either a Hospital Hottie, a Hot Scientist or sometimes both.
- Double Entendre: Has a reputation for making these around fellow castmates and during interviews or fan meets.
- I Am Not Spock: To a lot of fans, she will always be Melinda May and/or Fa Mulan.
- Lady of War: Most of her well-known roles.
- Old Shame: Street Fighter, according to this video.
- Only One Name: Throughout the late '90s and early 2000s, she was often credited as simply "Ming-Na." She's since gone back to using her full name.
- Promoted Fanboy: She's gone from praying to the Force and cosplaying as Princess Leia, to playing a character appearing in several Star Wars TV shows.