An American sitcom starring Jonathan Silverman as a struggling writer, Jonathan Elliot and his close friends living in New York City as he tries to find success and a relationship.
It ran for two seasons on NBC from 1995-1997.
Tropes for the series:
- Crossover: Ross from Friends appeared in one episode.
- "Gift of the Magi" Plot: An episode has Jonathan and one of his female friends encountering this situation, the exact gifts being a Russian Doll and a comic book. In the end, he makes a quip that someone should write a book about this.
- Ma'am Shock: After being addressed by the hated word, Janeane get a tattoo to prove she's still young and cool.
- Mistaken for Gay: The Friends crossover as Jonathan and Ross each thinking the other is gay and hitting on them.
- Rogue Juror: The show used actual clips from the movie at one point.
- Subways Suck: Jonathan eventually pries open the doors and braves the filthy underground tunnels trying to make it to freedom.