Character sheet for Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls. Spoilers ahead, proceed with caution.
- Badass Pacifist: He finally gets himself free from the chains that bound him whenever the other Jubei comes out and stops the attacks coming from Jubei and Nia. Then he bows down to Yoshihiko so that they can stop fighting already.
- Big Brother Instinct: In episode 7 of the second season, when Jubei is on the verge of dying from ki overuse, he is willing to pour his life force into her to save her.
- Blessed with Suck: Let's take a look at this from another perspective. He kisses one of the girls, and she gets powered up. Unfortunately, Muneakira gets to be chained with an invisible force to the point he can't even fight. Now, if an enemy is Genre Savvy, then they'd gun for Muneakira already with no guard or whatsoever. This doesn't seem to apply to Sen and Yukimura - only "Dark" Jubei provokes the vulnerable mode so far.
- It's revealed towards the end that his ability as a general is still imperfect at the beginning of the series so his contracts are imperfect and carry major drawbacks, both in power output and the mentioned weakness. After Muneakira mastered the ability, he no longer suffers the weakness.
- Butt-Monkey: Due to lots of accidental perversion and the fact that his Battle Harem gets really scary when mad. Though in his case, it may just be a matter of perspective.
- Depower: By the end of episode 1 in season 2, Muneakira's General power is almost gone due to magic seal inflicted to him. It wasn't even that powerful to begin with, but now he can't even lift a sword. Thankfully it doesn't stop him from being able to make more Master Samurai...
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: He suffers from getting hit by the other girls quite a bit. Sometimes by accident, but largely due to jealousy when another girl makes a move on him, such as when Gisen first shows up, and tries to forcefully seduce him. Although he was completely innocent, as he's dragged away by both Sen and Yukimura, both girls hit him on the head a few times as they think about how he seems to be acting improperly around other girls.
- Nice Guy: When he's not being mistaken for a pervert anyway.
- Non-Action Guy: Although he seems to have a reputation for being a badass, he's not seen doing much fighting. However, it could be justified because he's also a General, who by definition leads the troops, rather than actively takes part in the fighting. Still, one would think he'd show off his combat abilities a little more often, particularly as the girls like to fight over him sometimes.
- The Strategist: He usually performs this role for the girls in combat, giving them guidance on what to do in the fight.
- Took a Level in Badass: Muneakira takes several throughout the series.◦ In the second to last episode, he frees himself from the chains that bind him whenever Jubei appears.
- During the last episode, along with everyone else, but Muneakira's transformation from a flustered everydude to a determined commander is especially striking.
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: She gets extremely angry at Musashi after the latter attacks Muneakira when he tried to stop the duel between the two girls. Although Jubei's attack didn't seem to do anything to Musashi, the latter gives the former the win after seeing her powers slowly reawakening.
- In a more lighthearted sense, she doesn't like being called "fake" by Musashi.
- Genki Girl: She often seems a bit excited at various things.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Ones which randomly turn into Supernatural Gold Eyes.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She seems to have no issues undressing around Muneakira, although she doesn't do it blatantly like Gisen.
- Is It Something You Eat?: Prone to asking this question.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: Her Innocent Blue Eyes randomly turn into Supernatural Gold Eyes.
- The Nicknamer: Nicknames all of her friends.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: She's the only one who understands Sasuke's various animal noises, as seen in episode 2 of season 2.
- Split Personality: There's Blood Knight Jubei and Cloud Cuckoo Lander Jubei.
- The legendary Master Samurai Soul within Jubei was manipulated with by Amakusa Shiro to program her to do their bidding, like she did with Gisen. Jubei, instead, fused herself with the soul to try and prevent a complete take over. It worked... and that's why there are two Jubeis.
- Third-Person Person: Refers to herself as "Jubei".
- Almost Kiss: In season one, but she gets one at the end.
- Blow You Away: She can control very powerful winds with her fans.
- Cry Cute: While begging Kanetsugu to stop assaulting Muneakira.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Initally after becoming a Master Samurai.
- Dual Wielding: Uses two fans.
- Nice Hat: The fan thing on her head.
- Older Than They Look: Despite her short stature, she is 15 when the series begins, and in 10th grade.
- Petite Pride: She goes with this since she doesn't have a large bust size like practically all of the other girls in the show.
- School Swimsuit: The primary design of her outfit, and she explains its advantages with enthusiasm.
- Shorter Means Smarter: She is both the smartest and shortest of the harem, and acts as their strategist.
- Super-Speed Reading: Displayed when she runs through a huge collection of books about kisses.
- Token Mini-Moe: The youngest-looking Master Samurai of the main cast.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her Master Samurai garb and maid outfit.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets extremely angry when Jubei gets extremely close to Muneakira, and especially when the latter kisses him in front of her. She also gets upset at Yukimura trying to kiss him in episode four of the first season, and later when he awakens Kanetsugu as a Master Samurai in episode 3 of season 2.
- Rich Bitch: Acts like this at first but improves herself as the series progresses.
- Tsundere: She even gives a class on how to be one in the second voiced manga.
- The Chew Toy: Jokes are constantly played on her expense.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Initally, though nothing changed only the villain part.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: While she doesn't hold her hand to her mouth, she does do the laugh occasionally.
- Battle Ballgown: Her skirt is composed of blades.
- Bifurcated Weapon: Wields dual blades that can connect.
- Butt-Monkey: The first one, before Kanetsugu comes along. However, she is still one when Sen is ordering her around.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Her glasses can come quite handy for checking up power levels. Also used to detect enemies that don't show up on the visible spectrum.
- Blade on a Stick: Wields a spear as her main weapon.
- Muscle Angst: She thinks that her muscled figure is less attractive to Muneakira than the other girls.
- The Pen Is Mightier: Zig-zagged, her master samurai weapon is a brush with a spear hidden underneath the bristles.
- Stripperiffic: Wears less clothing than any other character until Keiji appears.
- Cat Girl: Although she's technically a monkey-girl, she has the physical characteristics of this trope in her master samurai form.
- Humanity Ensues: Zig-Zagged. After accidentally kissing Muneakira, she becomes a Master Samurai. However, she can only hold this form for a while before turning back into a monkey.
- Easily Forgiven: By Jubei when she reappears in season 2.
- Femme Fatale: Tries to seduce Muneakira in order to kill him later
- HeelFace Turn: While she was The Dragon in the first season, in the second one she no longer seems to be a threat. She even protects Jubei, and tries to with Nia later on.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Actively tries to seduce Muneakira, and isn't above using her body to do it.
- Shear Menace: A sword in this case.
- The Tease: Likes to do this to Muneakira, who then often suffers from Unprovoked Pervert Payback by Sen and Yukimura.
- Villainous Rescue: Saves Jubei from being killed in episode 4 of season 2.
- Demoted to Extra: For much of season 2. When he does have a brief appearance around episode 5, it's actually Sen masquerading as him in an attempt to cheat during a contest. He finally starts having more screentime around episode 9, but its still largely brief scenes.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: In the end. He intends to amass Master Samurai to fight Amakusa, not for himself.
- White Hair, Black Heart: A subversion, who turns out to be quite a decent guy after being introduced as a ruthless leader.
Charles "Nia" D'Artagnan
- Demoted to Extra: While she played an important part in the first season, during season 2, she's seen very briefly in the beginning of episode 1. Then she doesn't show up again until around episode 9 and even then, doesn't play a very big role.
- Dual Wielding: Two claymores.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: While she does try to fight against some of his commands, such as killing off the other master samurai girls, when Yoshihiko is threatened, she puts her life on the line for him.
- Phenotype Stereotype: From France.
- The Worf Effect: While she proved to be rather formidable foe in the first season, in the first episode of season 2, she, along with other master samurai Yoshihiko produced to combat Amakusa, gets handily defeated by the Dark Samurai. She's also easily defeated by Amakusa later in the season.
- Affably Evil: Despite being an antagonist, she still comes to their Maid Cafe.
- Blood Knight: Wants to fight Jubei in her regular form more than anything else.
- Friendly Enemy: While she really wants to battle Jubei, she still pays visits to their Maid Cafe while its open, and later even goes looking for the street attacker after Jubei tells her that several characters suspect Inshun of being said attacker in episode 9 of season 2.
- The Leader: To her team of Dark Samurai.
- BFS: It can extend too.
- Blood Knight: She fights solely for personal enjoyment.
- Demonic Possession: In episode 9 of season 2, a spirit that comes out of her turns out to be the street attacker. However, she's unable to remember any of it when she comes out of the possession.
- Ore Onna: Refers to herself with the masculine ore.
- Mercy Kill: She begs Jubei to give her one near the end of season 2 to stop Amakusa from using her body to exact its revenge. Jubei does it by having her Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence.
- Token Mini-Moe: Of the Dark Samurai.
- Villainous Rescue: She does this for several of the main girls when they go looking for a street attacker in episodes 8 and 9 of season 2.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Does not want Musashi's attention to be diverted from her.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: She tries to kill Jubei for taking Musashi's attention.
- Butch Lesbian: Has a gruff voice, refers to herself as the masculine pronoun "ore", rides a huge bike, and is only interested in girls.
- Does Not Like Men: Just a slight touch by a man and she will blow him sky-high.
- Seems to have mellowed out of this a bit as she subjects Muneakira to Marshmallow Hell in the Samurai After OVA.
- Master of Disguise: Which helps her remain undetected.
- Parasol of Pain: Her weapon of choice.
- Trickster Mentor: Disguises herself as Kanetsugu and torment the group with all sorts of trickery, in order to hone their senses.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the first season.