DC Universe is an upcoming streaming service made by DC Comics scheduled to go live in 2018. It was created to serve as a platform that both gathers a large backlog of past DC shows, online comics, and brand new material exclusive to the service. Born out of Young Justice's success as a show on Netflix, and frustrations in dealing with corporate execs trying to impose their will onto them under the threat of cancellation, the service is intended to be the ultimate source of entertainment for DC fans.
Though the catalog hasn't yet been announced, it's expected to include as many animated and live-action shows and movies as they can possibly gather, ranging from the DC Animated Universe to the DC Extended Universe, and everything in-between. Like Netflix, the service will make a heavy push for original and exclusive content.
For the DC Universe in terms of the fictional comic book setting, see The DCU.
This page now has it's own WMG folder.
Content exclusive to the service includes:
Content airing on the service includes:
- Batman: Bad Blood
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
- Batman: Gotham Knight
- Batman Ninja
- Green Lantern: First Flight
- Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- Justice League: The New Frontier
- Justice League: War
- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
General tropes applying to shows on the service include:
- Alternate Company Equivalent: DC Universe is basically Marvel Unlimited and a DC-centric Netflix.
- Alternate Continuity: To the DC Extended Universe films, and potentially other DC universes like The CW's Arrowverse. Titans features Dick Grayson, who has a Nightwing film in development for the DCEU. Cyborg is also set to appear on Doom Patrol despite existing as well in the DCEU.
- Animated Adaptation: Harley Quinn gets her own series, and Young Justice: Outsiders continues where the original series based on Teen Titans and Young Justice left off.
- Live-Action Adaptation: Of the Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing, for starters.
- Shared Universe: A series of live-action shows, specifically Titans, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol, exist in the same continuity. This is notably the third live-action shared universe that's currently ongoing by DC. Fans currently call it the "Titansverse".
- Spin-Off: Doom Patrol was announced as one to Titans, set after the Doom Patrol themselves debut in the latter.
- Un-Cancelled: Young Justice, which previously aired on Cartoon Network.