Mordin is a Solus, a traveler of sorts. He's been growing inside the world of Remnant since time immemorial, waiting to be born. His kind are ones that travel the vast emptiness of space, time and other realms. He is fairly cheerful, if a bit clueless, and enjoys living his life and having fun with the ones he cares about. He has taken the form of a wolf/fox faunus and is currently in Beacon, training to be a hunter. He has a certain fondness for food of all kinds and loves using great swords as weapons. He often gets himself involved in some of the craziest situations imaginable, though whether it's due to bad luck or his Solus nature is a mystery.
As a Solus, he has several innate advantages. One of which is his ability to use Domains, which are concepts and aspects of reality that he can use and manipulate. He is also capable of Awakening other beings, granting them sapience and Domains of their own, while linking their souls and minds to himself. He has done this to three people so far.
- Adorkable: When Mordin fumbles with the most basic of social interaction, he can be like this.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Mordin's faunus form is this. He needed a form that could allow him to fit in with the inhabitants of Remnant so he decided to be a faunus, mostly because of the fluffy tail. He also had the option of becoming a human, a Grimm, a tree, and an animal.
- Alternate Timeline: Apparently when Mordin was born, he accidentally opened a rift in time. Traveling through this rift allowed him to travel 110 years in an alternate future. He also learned how to make rifts in time himself, though the price is rather steep.
- Always a Bigger Fish: Mordin is this on both sides of the trope. By the standards of Remnant, Mordin is an Eldritch Abomination who is more than capable of eating the entire world if he wanted to and nothing would be able to stop him. By the standards of most Solus, however, Mordin is incredibly weak. Justified, since Mordin has only lived for several months, while most average Solus are thousands of years old. He's the Solus equivalent of a newborn.
- Badass Adorable: Mordin looks thirteen, is incredibly short, and is cute enough to pass as a girl at times. He also wields a sword bigger than most people, is capable of using cosmic powers, and is more than capable of ripping people apart with his bare hands.
- Big Eater: Mordin has been officially kicked out of every all you can eat buffet in Vale, because of this. His stomach is practically bottomless.
- Berserk Button: Trying to kill him is a minor one. Justified in that after spending thousands of years sleeping underground waiting to be born, he is not happy when someone tries to cut his life short. Harming his cat Blake or his friends is another.
- BFS: The first weapon Mordin received was a huge sword bigger than he was. Now he has a fondness for huge swords and has three of them.
- Born Winner: Mordin, by virtue of being a Solus, is a Reality Warping alien capable of eating planets. He has command over Domains of reality, each of which is more than capable of destroying the universe if practiced or used often enough. His soul is large and powerful, and if the average person were flooded with the power of his soul it would make them almost godlike. Hes capable of learning increasingly complicated skills in less than a few weeks if he practices enough, and if he ever dies he can resurrect himself good as new.
- Bullet Time: Mordin is capable of slowing the world down with his Time Domain.
- Breath Weapon: Can breathe fire or corrosive gas.
- Combat Tentacles: Mordin's command over his Body Domain means he has these. They're about as long as his arm and allow him to stick to walls. He thinks they're awesome. Everyone else on the other hand...
- Constantly Curious: Mordin is less than a year old. And much like any small child or toddler, he is amazed by the world and its many wonders. This sometimes gets him into trouble, since he doesn't know when to reign his curiosity in.
- Creepy Monotone: Word of God states that Mordin sounds like this.
- Cute Bruiser: Can rip apart Grimm with his bare hands. Is cute as a button.
- Deadly Upgrade: He can do this to someone he cares about. By flooding the full power of his soul into someone, he can give them godlike power at the expense of dying in less than a minute.
- Double Jump: Weird enough, Mordin's Time Domain allows him to do this. Apparently it turns the time beneath his feet solid, allowing him to step on it briefly.
- Genius Ditz: Mordin comes across as this to most people. Even to other Solii.
- Eldritch Abomination: The image on the front page? That's his true form.
- Happily Adopted: By Hazel.
- Emotionless Boy: At first glance, Mordin can come off as this. Then you get to know him.
- Hidden Depths: Mordin may seem like a nice, if slightly weird guy, but he's deeply troubled by the thought that he might have been abandoned. He's also pretty concerned about how he compares to other Solii.
- Intrigued by Humanity: Mordin doesn't really understand humans at first. A big part of his motivation is to understand them.
- It Amused Me: The main reason why Mordin does anything. It seemed interesting at the time and there wasn't anything better to do.
- Major Injury Underreaction: All the time. From breaking bones, loosing limbs, or being ripped in half, Mordin will always act as though it is no big deal.
- Master of Your Body Domain: Mordin can control his body's biology which gives himself tentacles, hard skin, a healing factor, and scales.
- Master Swordsman: Mordin eventually becomes this with greatswords.
- Monster Lord: After eating enough Grimm, Mordin gained the ability to control and even create some of them. Additionally, after resisting the corruption of Salem this power got a pretty significant boost.
- The Navigator: Mordin's Walk Domain means that as long as he follows a road, he can never get lost. He also find shortcuts much easier.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: What everyone perceives his "bullshit semblance" as.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Mordin is intrigued by the weirdest of things. For instance, when he came across this tree◊ in the Emerald Forest, he had this to say:
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Oh so much. For the most part, his teammates haven't seen this part of him. Yet.
- No Social Skills: Mordin is really bad at this. It doesn't help that he has a different way of looking at the world.
- Our Souls Are Different: Mordin's soul is notably different from the souls of humans and faunus. For one, he can't use aura, and he doesn't have a semblance. He does however have Domains, as well as the ability to link other people to his soul to give them their own Domains.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Mordin is really short — one of the shortest characters in the story — and yet can do a ludicrous amount of damage to his enemies.
- Pocket Dimension: Mordin's Storage Domain allows him to form a small pocket dimension where he puts most of his stuff.
- Reality Warper: A minor case. Most of his Domains are capable of warping reality, albeit in minor ways. Mordin's true form is also capable of this, since upon being born he accidentally opened a rift in time and space.
- Time Master: His Time Domain makes him into this.
- Tranquil Fury: Mordin has been genuinely furious exactly one time. When Hesperides Rose is killed in front of him, he nearly goes ballistic before channeling his rage.
- Seer: Shades of this. He has dreams of the past, present, and future. He cannot remember any of them though.
- Semantic Superpower: All of Mordin's Domains are this.
- The Soulsaver: Downplayed. Mordin manages to rescue a large number of souls from An alternate version of Salem. However, of the souls he obtained he could only save the small fraction that wanted him to save them.
- The Stoic: Comes off as this to many people who don't know him. Doesn't help that his social skills are so poor that he barely knows how to smile properly.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Mordin has pretty much admitted he's only really attracted to Ruby. Thus far, at least. Even when their genders were reversed he didn't care.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Subverted. After some physical changes when he resists the corruption of Salem, Mordin is still fully in control of himself. Subverted again when he fully immerses himself in that power. He looks absolutely terrifying, but he's still in control.
- Super Strength: Mordin is fairly strong despite his rather short stature and lack of muscles. Strong enough to lift a sword taller than he is and strong enough to beat Yang in an arm wrestling contest.
- Shock and Awe: Mordin's Lightning Domain. It even works on Nora!
- Skeleton Key: The aptly named Key Domain. Allows him to open any door that uses a physical key and lock.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Mordin is one of the best greatsword users alive in terms of raw skill, but he lacks the combat experience of older warriors.
- Time Stands Still: He can freeze something he's holding in time.
- Unskilled, But Strong: While he's getting better, he still has a long way to go before he can master his Domains.
- Weirdness Magnet: Some of the weirdest things can happen to him when he's just minding his own business. From fighting pro-human terrorists to traveling to alternate timelines, Mordin always finds some form of excitement.
- Willing Channeler: Mordin has a habit of taking lost souls into his body. First Hesperides, before getting her a body, and he currently has a host of "shattered souls" within his body. They help him out by possessing Grimm and supercharging them.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Mordin frequently crossdresses at his job, while at school, and in public. Due to his unique outlook on life he doesn't see how this is a big deal.
- Yin Yang Bomber: Mordin eventually gains both the Light and Darkness Domains at the same time.
- You Must Be This Tall to Ride: Being so short in comparison to everyone else means that he has a hard time going on amusement rides.
You won't stay like this, you'll get stronger and be of use to him.
Blake is a cat that Mordin found in a box on a rainy day. Upon bringing her with him to Beacon, he realized that she would get brought into danger. So he Awakened her, giving her Domains of her own, as well as giving her sapience. She lives to serve Mordin and protect him against all that will harm him.
Despite being less than a years old, she has a very mature outlook on life. She is somewhat reserved towards those who aren't Mordin and has shown to have a talent when it comes to singing and gambling. She has no weapon, but thanks to her Beast Domian, she doesn't need one. She regularly transforms into a tiger, and currently holds the Learning and Body Domains along with her Beast one.
- Action Pet: Can rip apart Grimm with her bare paws.
- Badass Adorable: Is a small kitten. Doesn't make her any less deadly.
- The Beastmaster: Can control animals.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: It loyal to Mordin because he saved her life and took her in when she was left out in the rain.
- Born Lucky: Is very good at gambling.
- Cute Bruiser: Can rip apart Grimm with her bare paws. Is a five month old kitten.
- Determinator: Doesn't give up. Even at her lowest with her entire family dead or gone and abandoned in the rain to die, she refused to give up. And her determination was rewarded when Mordin showed up to rescue her.
- The Glomp: Gives one to Mordin after he gives her a bow and a bell for a present.
- Gravity Master: In her Graviga form.
- The Lancer: Is this to Mordin. While just as curious as he is, she's much more willing to stop and consider before doing anything. She's also much more reserved and secretive about her abilities, and doesn't like being touched by anyone who isn't Mordin. This is in contrast to Mordin's easy going nature and his willingness to talk to people about private aspects of his life.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Is stronger than most adults and Beacon students, despite being a five month old kitten.
- The Power of the Sun: In her Fey Astra form, she can create small suns that she can throw at people.
- Tears of Joy: Starts crying after Mordin gives her a gift during the field trip.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Mordin for saving her. She will follow him to hell and back in order to protect him.
- Uplifted Animal: Blake was born a normal cat but after being Awakened she becomes fully sapient.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Her main Domain. It allows her to take the forms of various animals and beasts throughout the universe.
Felicia is a young woman that meets Mordin during the initiation into Beacon Academy. Vivacious and intelligent, Felicia likes nothing more than to thrust others into the spotlight and chuckle at them, but she takes care to never truly hurt other peoples feelings.
Felicias semblance allows her to take on the appearance of anyone whose DNA she has consumed. Shes an extremely skilled speaker, to the point that it even affects her combat strength. She uses a whip-sword called Viridi Anguis.
- Cosplay: What Felicia mostly uses her multiple bodies for.
- Expendable Clone: Felicia begin the story thinking of herself like this, but she gets better.
- It Amused Me: Felicia is highly intelligent, but more often than not this is her primary motivation for doing whatever she does.
- Long-Lived: Due to her connection with Mordin, Felicias lifespan becomes several times longer than that of a normal human.
- The Mole: Felicia was sent to Beacon to spy on Mordin. She honestly thought of him as a friend the entire time, but that didnt stop her from doing her job.
- Secretly Dying: Felicia was only supposed to live for about six months before being replaced with a nearly identical copy. When she meets Mordin her time is very nearly up. He ends up making a deal to extend her life.
- Seer: Pretends to be this at first, but that power is actually her employer.
- Self-Duplication: Eventually gains this as a second semblance, with each clone being a part of her consciousness.
- Silver Tongue: Felicia is terrifyingly skilled at persuading others. Fortunately, shes rather benevolent about it.
- Shapeshifting: This is her basic semblance After she becomes a real person.
- Super Soldier: One of the few people who has a Proto-body.
- Teen Superspy: Justified. Felicia was created with most of her skills ingrained in her.
- Troll: Her defining characteristic. Shell make fun of just about anything, but never maliciously.
- Whip Sword: Uses one called Viridi Anguis.
She wished to see the stars, and you've inherited that sense of wonder and the desire to explore and experience new things.
Talitha is a robot from an alternate future. Created to explore the stars, Talitha was never able to fulfill her purpose before her creator — along with everyone in the facility she was created in — died a tragic fate. She was woken up by Mordin and Blake several decades after the deaths of everyone in the facility, with a damaged core. With only fifty minutes to live, Mordin Awakened her and bound her soul to his, so that she may be able to live. She traveled along with him to his timeline and is now a nurse's assistant at Beacon.
Talitha is shown to have Mordin's curiosity and love towards life. She loves experiencing new things and treats every day that she still lives as though it were a gift. She is very loyal towards Mordin, due to him saving her life. Her main weapon is S.C.A.R.F, a transforming scarf that turns into a giant pair of robot arms as well as two big guns. She has the Recovery and Craft Domains, as well as the Body Domain.
- Bond Creature: Has a digimon by the name of Kura.
- Casual Interstellar Travel: What she was programmed for. As a result, she is very proficient when it comes to exploring and astronomy.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Was programmed to be able to cosplay efficiently, as well as make costumes.
- The Chick: Shows shades of this. She's just as curios as Mordin and has a rather innocent outlook on life.
- Hidden Depths: Can rap, apparently.
- The Medic: One of her primary Domains is Recovery, which allows her to heal up to thirty people in a day. She is also skilled in first aid.
- Robot Girl: Is one. Makes a point that paradoxical statements don't affect her.
- Support Party Member: The readers of the quest picked Domains that make her into this. She's currently only capable of healing and crafting, and even with her S.C.A.R.F. she isn't really good when it comes to combat.
Hesperides Rose Solus
Hesperides, or Hes, is a lost soul that Mordin found trapped within the Mirror of Erised. Unwilling to leave her to an eternity of loneliness, he Awakened her and took her into his own body, before eventually having Talitha build her a new one. She is a distant ancestor to Ruby Rose, though whether she is a direct ancestor is unknown.
Hesperides is calm and kind, but also dangerous. She was trained as an assassin and was one of the best of her time, though her long imprisonment within the Mirror has dulled her skills slightly. She enjoys gardening, particularly growing flowers. Shes skilled with several weapons, but is best with a whip. Her main domain is Hope, but she also possesses the acceptance, body, rose, and summon domains.
- The Fog of Ages: After spending so much time trapped in the Mirror, Hes has a fair number of holes in her long term memory. When asked what year she was from, she answered "somewhere between 600 and 750".
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Hes spent several centuries trapped within the mirror. Shes quite surprised when she comes out.
- Hates Being Alone: Justified. When Mordin appears before her after centuries of isolation, she begs him to not leave her alone again. She gets much better after she leaves the Mirror.
- HeelFace Turn: For much of her life she was a professional assassin, but ran away from her family after she fell in love.
- Hitman with a Heart: Implied. While how she acted before she got married is unknown, she showed immense regret when innocent people, particularly children, were caught up in The Crimson Thorn Plague.
- Hope Bringer: Hess main domain. Thus far, it is mainly used to dissuade low-medium level Grimm activity, but she can also instantly awaken a persons semblance.
- Master Poisoner: While calling her a master might be a bit much, Hes is quite skilled with poisons.
- My Greatest Failure: The Crimson Thorn Plague. Hes accidentally started a terrible plague with her semblance that killed somewhere between dozens and thousands of people. When shes caught, she barely puts up a fight.
- Really 700 Years Old: Chronologically she's somewhere between 450 and 600 years old.
- Robot Girl: While born a human, her soul was eventually put into a robot body courtesy of Mordin and Talitha.
- Super Soldier: After a while, Talitha builds Hes a new organic body, but it's much stronger than the average human, with several unique abilities.
- Wicked Cultured: As part of her training, Hes was taught to be a proper lady. As a result, shes shown to be a decent cook, makes a great cup of tea, and quite likely possesses many other such skills.
Osmond is a partial clone of Mordin with some of Ozpins memories. After being given a permanent body by Mordin, he takes a job as a cafeteria worker at Beacon while he ponders what he wants to do with his life.
Osmond is a carefree and kind individual, but has also shown to be capable of deep thought and introspection. He currently lacks any domains and is essentially an ordinary faunus. Regardless, hes still quite skilled with a spear due to some knowledge he inherited from Ozpin.
- Blade on a Stick: Osmonds highest melee weapon skill is currently spears, although he hasnt seen any actual combat yet.
- Chick Magnet: Is very popular with the female students at Beacon.
- Composite Character: Played with. He has all of Mordins memories up to his creation, along with some of Ozpins. However, as time has passed hes become much more of his own person.
- Clones Are People, Too: Osmond may have started as a clone of Mordin, but his lack of connection to Mordins Solus library and a few added memories from Ozpin make him a much different person.
- Our Phlebotinum Child: The circumstances of Osmonds creation are irregular, even by the standards of those involved.
- Semantic Superpower: Osmonds semblance is this. Memory doesnt seem particularly powerful in combat, then you learn he can use the memories of other semblances
- Troll: Osmond shares Mordins love of messing with others, but is much more socially aware.
- You Are Not Alone: Osmond makes it a point to cheer up Xiao Green, a girl who was also created as a result of someones semblance.
Marshal is a faunus from the distant past. There was a massive war between human and faunus during his life, in which he served as an airship captain. Eventually the humans captured and trapped him in the Mirror of Erised, where he lost- and eventually regained- his mind shortly before meeting Mordin.
Marshal has a serious and straightforward attitude, likely a result of his time in the military. He currently lacks any domains and is an ordinary faunus, super body notwithstanding. His weapon of choice is currently unknown, although he displayed remarkable proficiency when piloting his mecha, the Morningstar.
- The Captain: Marshal was a near legendary airship captain before being trapped in the mirror.
- Cool Airship: Had one called the Endar Spire.
- Death Seeker: Averted. When Mordin first meets Marshal he just wanted to be put to rest. Mordin asks him to think it over, and he eventually decides he'd like to live a little longer.
- A Father to His Men: Some of the language Marshal uses when thinking about his crew is usually reserved for ones family.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Marshal spent two millennia within the mirror. Unlike with Hes, it seems modern technology is somewhat behind his eras.
- The Fog of Ages: Marshal doesnt remember anything from when he was mad within the mirror, which is probably for the best.
- Old Soldier: Marshal may have been eighty or ninety years old when he was captured in battle.
- Really 700 Years Old: Chronologically he's over 2000 years old.
- Red Baron: The Evening Star, which lights the way to victory.
- The Strategist: Or tactician, as the case may be. Marshal was renowned for being able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
- Super Soldier: Marshal was given one of Talithas special super-bodies. As a result, hes significantly stronger than a normal human or faunus.
Vajra is a Zinogre, a type of Grimm. Vajra is from another timeline, where he defeated and consumed a very young version of Mordin and gaining a fragment of his soul. After he found his way to another timeline, he was defeated by Glynda Goodwitch and captured by Mordin, who keeps him as a kind of pet.
Vajra is an aggressive and intelligent predator. He has a grudging respect for Mordin, and considers him to be his greatest foe. Despite losing much of his power, Vajra has begun learning to fight with weaponry while he waits for his lightning powers to return.
- BFS: He has some skill with using a greatsword in his mouth.
- Boxed Crook: Vajra would like nothing more than to absolutely crush Mordin, but he knows he isnt strong enough so he reluctantly follows Mordins orders.
- Canis Major: When Mordin first meets Vajra, but he got much smaller after being defeated. Hes slowly growing back to his old size though.
- Depower: After nearly dying, Vajras lost most of his power. Hes slowly regaining it though.
- Hellhound: Hes a Grimm. It comes with the territory.
- Pet Monstrosity: He hates it, but Mordin occasionally puts a leash on him and takes him for a walk.
- Savage Wolf: Vajras very aggressive in combat.
- Shock and Awe: A power that all Zinogres have; Vajra isn't as capable as he used to be, but given time he can charge up an attack that, if it hits, would instantly kill Mordin once.
- The Soulless: Played with. Vajra doesnt have a soul of his own, but he has a fragment of an alternate Mordins soul which gives him sapience.
- Token Evil Teammate: Despite being sapient, Vajras still a Grimm, and still wants to kill and destroy. He just wants to defeat Mordin more.
- Worthy Opponent: Seems to consider Mordin one.