- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown hair and eyes.
Born in Russia in December 16th, this music conductor is a perfectionist who seems scary at first, but really he can be quite mischievous. Hamanov travels a lot, and he collects a lot of candy from different countries.
- Doting Grandparent: To Anya, his granddaughter.
- Funny Animal: Some kind of bird.
- Small Reference Pools: Most of the classical pieces his songs reference are easily recognizeable.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He likes to collect candy from various parts of the world.
- Meaningful Name: Hana means 'flower' and she works in a flower shop.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her shirt slits open at the front, making this effect.
- Blinding Bangs: Her eyes are always covered with her hair.
- Smoking Is Cool: She only throws her cigarette to the ground in her Lose animation.
- Crossover: From Konami's arcade game Wartran Troopers.
- Slapstick: During his LOSE animation, he accidentally flips a knife into his head. After freaking out a little, he shakes it off and resumes as normal.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Hanemann is drawn in a more semi-realistic style, and wears a lot of dull greens. Even their animations look a bit out of place among the other kiddy, bright characters.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a pink top.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Being a humanized haniwa statue, her waist is small.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: Turns into a haniwa statue in her Miss and Lose animations.
HannesFor more info, see her entry under the TheEpicOfZektbach character sheet.
- Acrofatic: He can move quite fast despite his girth.
- Big Eater: With an oversized spoon, no less.
- Horny Vikings: Wears a horned helmet.
- Meaningful Name: "Hara Hetta" is the masculine way of saying "I'm hungry" in Japanese.
A woman born in the Farthest Forest on November 9th. She's the most active during the night, and so enjoys the company of nocturnal animals living in the forest. She dislikes noisy daytime creatures.
- Feather Fingers: Only her left arm is a wing, and she uses it to play the ocarina.
- Harping on About Harpies: Has a wing for a left arm.
A gentle-minded soul who attends middle school, born in Japan, July 12th. He likes skateboarding as a hobby. He likes hamburgers and hot dogs, and dislikes roller skating and skiing.
- Cool Helmet: A red helmet with two dots and a white band, similar to a pop-kun. It gets adorned with a V shape in his second appearance.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Just a normal skateboarder.
The young prince of White Land. He dreams of travelling the world with his pet lion, but gets homesick easily. So he never makes it very far before going back home.
- I Got Bigger: In 11 he looks a little older, and he got over his homesickness problem and became a sailor.
A songwriter living in Japan, born on April 27th.
An idol born in Akiruno City on September 30th. She's the first member of the Rainbow Trio. She enjoys karaoke with friends. She dislikes sushimi.
- Idol Singer
- Meaningful Name: Hikari means 'light' and Nijino means 'rainbow field'.
- Multicolored Hair: Her pigtails.
A singer from Shizuoka who's great at multitasking. He enjoys tennis, likes tea and dislikes swimming competition commentators.
Daughter of Queen Drumstick born in Meruhen Kingdom's flower garden on March 14th. She loves to sing and explore the castle, and hates it when someone tells her to 'act like a princess'.
Hipopo & Tamayo
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Hipopo is a yellow hippo.
- Fish Eyes: Hipopo.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Tamayo.
Toru Kamikaze's cousin. An avid mah-jong player living in Yokohama, Japan. Currently locked in a fight with the evil squid Ikasama.
- Anime Hair: Similar to his cousin, he has hair reminiscent of old robot anime protagonists.
- Art Shift: In his FEVER animations.
- Humongous Mecha: Pilots the Great Gambler.
A junior high school student living in Japan, who enjoys playing the flute and la crosse.
- Love Triangle: She and Megumi have crushes on the same boy.
- Non-Player Character: Isn't actually playable, she just shows up in Megumi's BAD animations.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
- Ambiguous Gender: This character's gender was never revealed.
- Rapunzel Hair: Goes down to their ankles.
- The Faceless: Wears a mask.
One of the four Tsugidoka! characters. Shes the daughter of the general of a hospital and also the school council president. She has a mature personality and likes performing student council activities. Shes also very fond of Pastel-kun. She represents winter and thus has powers over ice.
- An Ice Person: Her element is ice.
- Colorful Theme Naming: Hiumi translates to icy waters.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Icy Blue Eyes and blue hair.
- Cuteness Proximity: She instantly softens at the mere sight of Pastel-kun, REFLEC BEATs mascot.
- Four-Element Ensemble: Alongside Rinka, Retsu and Fuga.
- Ojou: Of the proper lady variety.
- Red Armband of Leadership: Hiumi wears a blue one as a symbol of her status as...
- Student Council President
- Super Move Portrait Attack: Her FEVER animation has the Tsugidoka! gang briefly appear on-screen together.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Goes with her blue eyes.
A travelling trumpet player.
- Dem Bones: A skeleton.
A songstress born on August 2nd. She likes flowers and making cakes. She dislikes cellphones. She keeps a pet poodle named Creamy.
Hoshi No Hito
A Humanoid Abomination that resides elsewhere in the universe.
- Humanoid Abomination: They're shaped like a human, and their features are humanlike, but they're definitely not human.
- Monster Mouth: Their lips appear above their head.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Looks like they would be more at home in the (literally) nightmarish Dream World of Yume Nikki than this series.
- Expressive Mask: The helmet has an emotive mouth and eyebrow.
- The Faceless: Wears a giant costume head that looks like a ping pong ball. Subverted in that there's a picture of what he looks like underneath the helmet in extra art.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Under the helmet.
He lives in Los Angeles, USA. His birthday is March 26th.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Funny Animal: A dog.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Wears a bandanna that has the American flag on it.
- Unfortunate Name: Of the Double Entendre kind. The D probably stands for Dog or something but, uh...
A young girl living in Japan born on July 29th.
- Palette Swap: A recolour of Judy.
Born in Ireland, Hugh works as a repairman. He acts like a cool, older brother to others. He enjoys motorcycle sports and fixing bikes. He doesn't like sweets.
A usually relaxed boy who wishes to become a popular musician one day, born in Japan on November 4th. He has a pet dog and sometimes works with Timer and Shollkee. He likes feeding his dog, and things relating to Latin. He dislikes heights, and talking to tall people.
- Badass Longcoat: His design for Get Wild
- Rockers Smash Guitars: In his "Get Wild" version, his miss animation consists of him smashing his keytar against an amplifier out of rage.
A ball-jointed doll.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Pure white.
- Facial Markings: has two lines extending down from the corners of her mouth, and a mark on her forehead.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Has a detached sleeve on only one arm.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Her eyes are solid red.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Said solid red eyes peek out of her bangs.
- Badass Cape
- Funny Animal: He's actually a fox anthropomorphisation of the player avatar of Konami's obscure Dating Sim Mitsumete Knight, a sword-wielding travelling Asian mercenary.
- Shout-Out: The song he appears in, "Warrior - The Man From Far East", is a remixed version of the Holy Knight Ending of Mitsumete Knight, a game Seiya Murai, the song's composer, was heavily involved in as one of the game's main soundtrack composers.
- Walking the Earth
- Funny Animal: Looks like some kind of mongoose or weasel.
Born in an industrial nation in ruin on June 12th, Jack spends most of his time searching for a 'red helmeted fiend'. He enjoys high concentrations of oxygen.
- Beautiful All Along: When he takes off his Gas mask.
- Character Title: The first song he represented shares his name.
- Facial Markings: Has red markings on his face.
- Playing with Fire: Can also breathe fire.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: His gloves fly around him in his FEVER animation.
Born in Lapistoria on May 31st, Jade's hobbies include becoming a God. He likes obedient people and dislikes the power that he cannot control. He serves as the true antagonist of Lapistoria.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has very pale skin.
- Bigger Bad: Of Lapistoria's story mode.
- Creepy Child
- Godhood Seeker
A sarcastic headmaster who collects peoples Lapises. He was born at the Lapis research institute on January 1st.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: White skin.
- The Atoner: Helps the Tsugidoka! gang stop Jade's plan for godhood.
- Big Bad: Of Lapistoria's story mode.
- Meaningful Name: His name comes from a pyroxene mineral.
A Texan panda who loves to rock out on his guitar. He really hates awkward situations.
- Non-Indicative Name: He's a panda, not a jaguar.
- Older Than They Look: He's short and round in stature, so he looks like a kid. However, considering that he really likes bourbon, he's probably older.
- Panda-ing to the Audience
A dancer born in the USA.
A sister whose groovy tunes are rumoured to make even angels dance.
John A. Chopper
The mascot of the Pink Poppers baseball team.
- Heart Symbol: Often has hearts floating around him.
A guitarist and high school student living in Liverpool.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are covered by his brown hair.
One of three characters based on DJ YOSHITAKA, and the only one of such to appear in pop'n music.
- Art Shift: In his WIN and LOSE animations, he changes into a more realistic art style.
- Character Title: The song "JOMANDA".
- Crossover: From jubeat.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His design is based on the character from "JOMANDA"'s jubeat album art, who in turn is based off of DJ YOSHITAKA, who composed the song itself.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: One of his eyes glows red. Combined with his black wing, this gives off the impression of a Fallen Angel.
- Winged Humanoid: Though he has only one wing.
The friendly rival of Mary, born on the West Coast of America on July 3rd. She enjoys dancing, inline skating, pasta and sushi. She dislikes umeboshi (pickled plums).
Jyun & Shingo
Two street musicians and best friends.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Jyun has brown hair and eyes.
- Funny Animal: A bird.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Fitting with her closeness to nature and her appearance as a traditional dancer.
- Expy: Of Queen Himiko.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her high ponytail goes down to her legs.
Her birthday is February 2nd. A distant poet who isn't interested in current world events.
Kai & Zero
- Crossover: From Elebits.
- Gratuitous English: In Infinity of our Love.
- Engrish: The Smile of You and its lyrics.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Zero.
His birthplace is the Karst Plateau. His hobby is exploring caves no one has set foot in. He likes seeing chrysalises hatch and dislikes caves without a chrysalis.
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry: His crystal sparkles.
- Carry a Big Stick: Played straight.
- Oneway Visor: His visor is slightly rotated to the left.
- Fish People: Kajika means 'sculpin' in Japanese.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her sleeves are different colours and have different designs on them.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown hair and eyes.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves
Rides a large metal nightingale. His birthday is January 21st.
- Funny Animal: A panther.
- Katanas Are Just Better
- The Rival: With Shishiwaka, Shishitugu, and Kagetora.
A woman from Australia who went to live in Japan and became a miko.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Keeps her hands hidden in her sleeves.
- Miko: She is studying to become one.
- Occidental Otaku: Originally went to Japan to live out her enthusiasm for their culture.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has red hair that goes down to her lower waist.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Apparently does not like caterpillars.
An Indian girl who has 100 cooks, 500 elephants and 1000 servants at home to her disposal. She enjoys cooking, but only her dad ever eats what she makes. She dances three times a week and dislikes spicy curry.
- Bedlah Babe
- Curtains Match the Windows
- Does Not Like Spam: Dislikes spicy foods, including and especially spicy curry.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sweet curry.
Karoline & Yangels
A girl from England who wants to be a dancer like Judy.
An alien born near the Swan (Cygnus) who initially came with the intent to invade earth. However, culture shock and all the dancing she did made her forget her mission and immigrate to earth. She enjoys collecting figurines, and dislikes pickles.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Black hair and eyes.
- Plant Person: Maybe? Their hair (if you could call it that) is a tree stump and roots.
A mysterious gang member from Chicago, USA, born on September 10th. He enjoys dancing and poker, and hates cowards.
- Ascended Extra: He used to be a Palette Swap of Boy but became his own character in 10.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A woman who was born in Cordelia (Uranus IV), her birthday is February 26th. She enjoys learning foreign languages, and her favourite place is planet Earth. She dislikes space mice and drunk customers.
- Hartman Hips: In 19.
A depressed woman who barely talks, looking for the prince she fell in love with after he died. Her birthplace is Kyoto, Japan, and birthday is August 18th. She enjoys reading poems and the autumn night sky.
A singer and dancer who likes American football, his fans, and stage designing. His hometown and birthday is America, January 8th. He doesn't like it when Mary tries feeding him natto (fermented soybeans).
- Captain Ersatz: Of Elvis Presley.
- Chick Magnet: His Fever animations show him surrounded by heart-eyed fans.
An undersea idol
- Mascot: In-Universe, she's the mascot of the Pop'n World Grand Prix racing.
- Mega Twintails
- Zettai Ryouiki
A doll who lives in a forgotten town, created on December 24th. They enjoy playing with animals and picking flowers, and avoids conflicts of any kind.
- The Blank: Their entire head is solid black.
- Sweat Drop: In his MISS animation when he accidentally pulls a frog out of his pockets.
- The Comically Serious
The head vocalist of the Oni Tai Z band, he was born in Okayama, Japan on June 16th.
- It's All About Me: Downplayed; he does like his band members, but the first thing stated in his likes is 'myself'.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Animal Motifs: Butterflies.
- Funny Animal: A dragon.
A young basketball player in Groovy Town. He also break-dances in his spare time.
A boy from Nirvana, his birthday is August 15th. He likes to preach and go on pilgrimages.
- Art Shift: During his LOSE animation, everything goes from looking like an oil painting to digital art.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Black hair and eyes.
- Meaningful Name: Kobozu (小坊主) is a term used to refer to young priests who're still training.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Not Kobozu himself, but everything happening around him. Seriously, that scribbly background and all the weird stuff happening makes it look like M.C. Escher did it.
Chanel's twin sister living in Paris, France. She enjoys touring and going to the beach, and has an interest in cute boys.
A mysterious man who comes from the Eighth circle of Hell, Malebolge, born on June 19th. He enjoys seducing ladies and then making them cry. He hates hypocrisy. It seems he might have something to do with an epidemic going on in a nearby town.
- Animal Motif: Bats.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Whether or not he really is a vampire is up for interpretation, due to a lack of fangs and there's no mention of him needing blood. However, he has an ongoing bat motif, ashy grey skin and can hang upside-down from the ceiling. Also, he's from hell.
- Pointy Ears
A robot made in Russia, originally intended to be used in war but ended up being sold as a personal helper.
- Robot Maid: enjoys doing housework.
Kraft again? Oh, wait, no- it's just Uncle Jam pretending to be Kraft.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: there are apparently visible fasteners on the costume. Also the overall shape and colours are different from the original Kraft.
- Funny Animal: A bear.