I Thought That Was: F To K
open/close all folders
- F-Zero is not an abbreviation for The Familiar of Zero.
- F-Zero AX has nothing to do with Anime Expo.
- Facebook is not when heroic wrestlers dictate the matches.
- Fairly OddParents is not about parents that are fairly odd.
- That is, if you're talking about Timmy's biological parents rather than his fairy godparents.
- Though arguably Timmy's biological parents and his godparents are both fairly odd.
- Fairy Tail contains no fairies. The one mention of fairies within it includes that even if they exist, they proabably don't have tails. Similarly, it reads nothing like a Fairy Tale.
- Family Guy is not a super hero with family related powers.
- Likewise, Family Dog is not a spin-off focusing on Brian.
- Fanon (by John Edgar Wideman) has nothing to do with Fanon, which has nothing to do with Frantz Fanon.
- Neither Fantasia, Arc Rise Fantasia, Battle Fantasia nor Tales of Phantasia are related aside from the titles.
- Fatal Racing is not a racing game spinoff of FATAL.
- Fate/stay night is not what happens in a hypothetical Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Dating Sim when your Featureless Protagonist gets to bed Fate. What were we saying about Fate puns?
- It's not about turning off a computer for a night.
- On that note, Fate/Zero is not a Crack Pairing between Fate and one of the many people known as Zero, especially not Prisoner Zero's true form◊.
- Fear Effect is not a Spin-Off of Mass Effect.
- Fey Winds does not involve Tina Fey.
- The Fifth Element is not Boron.
- Fighting Fantasy is not an alternate title for Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Or Ehrgeiz.
- Filthy Rich And Catflap is not about aristocrats who let their cats provide for themselves.
- Final Destination is not about the Super Smash Bros. stage where Fox uses no items.
- Final Fantasy is not the last dream you'll ever have (but it almost was for Square Enix).
- Final Fantasy X-2 has nothing to do with doubling your Final Fantasy. However, playing it may double your fanservice.
- Finding Nemo is not a sequel to Little Nemo.
- A Fire Emblem is not a tattoo that burns your skin.
- Nor does it have anything to do with the Tiger & Bunny character.
- Firefox does not have anything to do with a web browser.
- There's no Fire in Fire Pro Wrestling.
- The Flander's Company is not The Leftorium. Nor is it a portrayal of a company that overemphasizes greed at the expense of all other characteristics.
- Flashman is not a speed or light-powered superhero. Nor is he in any way affiliated with Flash Gordon, nor is he a Robot Master. Nor is it the 1986 Super Sentai team.
- FLCL does not mean Forced LCL or anything thereof.
- Flower and Flower Flower do not feature the DJ YOSHITAKA song "FLOWER".
- FoxTrot has nothing to do with dancing.
- Franken Fran is not about reconstructing a golem modeled after Balthier's sky pirate partner.
- Fred And Barney Meet The Thing is not a Dark Fic involving The Flintstones being assimilated.
- Freddy Got Fingered is not Rule 34 applied to A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Freelancer has nothing to do with the Freelancers from Red vs. Blue.
- Friendship! and WORKING!! don't always go hand-in-hand.
- Frost/Nixon is not a yaoi work.
- Fruits Basket is not that you use apples, melons, lemons, and oranges as basketballs.
- The "FTL" in FTL: Faster Than Light does not stand for "For The Lose", though it may as well do.
- Fuck Space! is not about having intercourse with the cosmos, nor is it a parody of a particular social networking site.
- Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Jacket and Full Metal Panic! do not make up a franchise.
- Furry Vengeance is in no way the modern Internet counterpart to Revenge of the Nerds.
- Game Theory is not about a series regarding video games here.
- Garfield is not a piece of land that makes you a Badass.
- Generation Kill is not a systematic wipe of an entire generation of creatures.
- Generator Rex is not about an electric dinosaur.
- George Clinton isn't a trope about unsubtle and unflattering portrayals of certain American Presidents.
- Get Backers is not Get Ed with Ed replaced by someone named Backers.
- Nor is it about the Beatles.
- Getter Robo is not what Lucca shouts to Robo while they're fighting Queen Zeal.
- The Ghostbusters, GunBuster, Little Busters, MythBusters, Psycho Busters, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, DieBuster and Crude Buster are not specialized default weapons for Mega Man.
- Giga Wing is not a sequel to Zero Wing.
- Some people thought Gigli had something to do with the legendary opera singer Beniamino Gigli. A Bio Pic of him could easily have been a better movie.
- Girl with Curious Hair is not part of The Millennium Trilogy.
- GITADORA is not Dora the Explorer with a guitar.
- The Godpigeon is not a pigeon with Reality Warper powers. Or is he?
- Ghost in the Shell is not a spirit oyster.
- Going Postal has no relation to Postal.
- Golden Girls are not girls that are gold colored. (See Goldfinger for that.)
- Golden Time has no relation to the above, nor are any of the main characters senior citizens.
- Goldie Gold and Action Jack are not the names of porn stars.
- The Goon Show was not in any way affiliated with any members of Something Awful.
- Gore Screaming Show is not a Rock Opera version of An Inconvenient Truth.
- Gore: Ultimate Soldier is not about painting crankpot former-vice President Al Gore as a Memetic Badass.
- Gosick isn't about someone who contracts an illness.
- Gundam 00 is not seven short of James Bond recycled with Humongous Mecha.
- Guwange is not a rip-off of Giga Wing.
- Gradius is not Gladius WITH ENGRISH!
- Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou is not about the ambition of a gopher.
- Gradius IV: Fukkatsu (Resurrection) is named not because of the fact that you'll be resurrecting a lot.
- Gradius Gaiden is not Gradius meets Ninja Gaiden.
- The Grapes of Wrath are not edible.
- Gravity Falls is not about stuff falling down because of gravity.
- Great Big Sea is not about the four seas on Earth.
- Grey's Anatomy is not about alien autopsies.
- The Great Luke Ski are not the Last Words of an imperial stormtrooper, upon meeting a certain Rebel Alliance hero he secretly admires.
- Green Arrow has nothing to do with turning left at a stoplight, or with a steam locomotive.
- The Green Hornet is not about an F/A-18 with a green paintjob.
- It is also not about a green flying, stinging insect that builds paper hives.
- Grim Grimoire is not how Billy and Mandy acquired their favorite personal plaything.
- Guitar Hero and its sequel games is not a series about a literal guitar who has a secret identity as a super hero.
- Gundam SEED is not about a seed that grows into a Humongous Mecha.
- Gundam Unicorn does have robot attacks, but it's not that kind.
- Gungrave is not a disposal site for firearms.
- Gunman Chronicles is not a Gurren Lagann spinoff.
- Gunnm is not someone mumbling Gundam.
- Gunslinger Girl is not an anime adaptation of Final Fantasy X-2.
- GUN×SWORD won't try to shoot, then cut you.
- Guyver is not a Trans-Atlantic equivalent series to MacGyver.
- Halloween H2O has nothing to do with water.
- Hannah Montana is not a town in the state of Montana.
- Or a girl named Hannah in Montana.
- Hanna Is Not a Boy's Name is not a trope about Gender Blender Names, though it is a webcomic that involves one.
- Said webcomic also has nothing to do with transgender issues.
- Barbera is also not a boy's name, but the page isn't about them.
- Happy Feet hardly has any foot focus in it... Or at least no human feet in it.
- The Hardy Boys is about Frank and Joe, not Matt and Jeff.
- Harry Potter is not a clay sculptor who needs to shave.
- Harvest Moon is neither about harvesting the moon nor harvesting anything from the moon.
- Hayate Cross Blade is not a pairing of someone named Hayate and Blade.
- Heavy Rain is not a sequel to Vampire Rain and has nothing to do with The Heavy, The Heavy, or Hard Rain.
- Havemercy is not the TV Tropes page for this song.
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch is not about Harry Potter's owl in desperate need of a good scratch.
- Hell Girl is not the Distaff Counterpart of Hellboy.
- Hello Cthulhu is not about greeting or taunting an Eldritch Abomination.
- Hellsing is not about demonic music.
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is not something Yogi Bear would say at a pic-a-nic.
- Heroes is not a live-action version of Justice League Unlimited.
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan is not the unreleased eighth book in The Chronicles of Narnia.
- The answer to Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'? usually isn't Pokémon.
- Hexagon Death Squad is not a Darker and Edgier spinoff of Super Hexagon.
- Highschool of the Dead is The House of the Dead IN A HIGH SCHOOL!
- Hip Hop Mania's music is not really comprised of hip-hop.
- His Dark Materials is not to be read as His Dark Materia, and has nothing to do with Sephiroth.
- The Hollywood Squares is not about stars who manage to avoid descending into a pit of alcoholic or drug-taking misery.
- Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This? has nothing to do with Robin. Unfortunately, knowing this doesn't stop the mental images...
- It also has nothing to do with the similarly-titled Pet Shop Boys song.
- Holyland is not about The Crusades.
- Homestar Runner is not about the management of homes or stars.
- Homestuck is not about being under house arrest.
- Honey, I Blew Up The Kid does not involve exploding children.
- The Honorverse doesn't mean a universe that's really, really honorable.
- Hook is not a slasher film.
- Horrible Bosses is not the Darth Wiki counterpart to That One Boss and Best Boss Ever.
- House of the Dead is not a spin-off of House where the eponymous character runs the hospital's morgue.
- House of Leaves is not a House spinoff involving trees.
- How Green Was My Valley is not an audience response to a comedian saying "your valley was sooooo green..."
- How I Killed Your Master is not How I Met Your Mother as a Kung Fu revenge tale!
- How I Met Your Mother isn't a retelling of The Terminator by Kyle Reese to John Conner. No matter how long the show lasts, it's never going to turn out to actually be the story of Kyle growing up in the future and then going back in time to meet Sarah Conner. At least, probably not.
- Howl's Moving Castle is not the property of Thurston Howell III.
- Hulk Hogan is not the star of Hogan's Heroes, he is also not related to the Gennai clone Hogan, or to Yusei's friend Crow
- The Hunger Games is not about a contest when you have to starve yourself to death to win.
- Hunter × Hunter is not the Samus/Dark Samus pairing.
- Hyakko is not one of The Four Gods. You're just one letter off there.