This page is currently under construction. Please feel free to help it grow.
Horror film and its sequel about a deranged
truck driver, "Rusty Nail", who stalks and terrorizes some pranksters in his large and ominous Peterbilt
. The victims consist of anyone who annoys him, as well as a few random unlucky folks.
This film contains examples of:
- Batman Gambit
- Booby Trap
- Car Fu
- Catch Phrase: "Candy Cane..."
- Completely Missing the Point: "When did you get out of jail, yesterday?"
- Deadly Prank
- Disproportionate Retribution: Steal Rusty's car? He'll kill you horribly. Insult truckers? Kill you horribly. Then again, he kills some people horribly for no particular reason at all.
- Distressed Damsel
- Drives Like Crazy
- Fanservice: Leelee Sobieski spent the majority of her scenes braless. To say nothing of Steve Zahn and Paul Walker when Rusty blackmails Lewis and Fuller into entering a truck stop diner completely nude.
- Floating Head Syndrome
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Ted Levine, who was uncredited in the movie for some reason.
- Hollywood CB: Many times throughout the movie, the boys and their pursuer have inexplicable privacy on the radio.
- Lost in the Maize: The protagonists are chased by Rusty through a corn field.
- My Car Hates Me
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Rusty.
- Oh Crap
- Road Movie
- Scare Chord
- Scare 'Em Straight: While perhaps not the true intent of the film, it does serve as a warning to would-be pranksters that they should be careful who they mess with and when to stop.
Tagline: It started as a joke. Now the joke is on them.
- Serial Killer: Rusty Nail, by the events of Dead Ahead, which has him pick up and kill a prostitute in the opening, and a female hitchhiker in the epilogue.
- Shameful Strip: To teach the boys what it's like to feel humiliated and to distract them while he kidnaps Vena, Rusty blackmails them into entering a diner nude and ordering a dozen cheeseburgers each.
- Tempting Fate: When Rusty asks for an apology for the prank, Fuller responds instead with a diatribe. This results in an Oh Crap when Rusty implies he's behind them by commenting on their burned-out tail light.
- The Faceless: Rusty's face is always blocked by his cap.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Fuller pressures his brother into pretending to be a girl on the radio to prank a stranger.
Fuller: Get him goin', get him all worked up, and then in the middle of it, say 'Hey guess what! I'm a dude!' Come on, man, it'll be fun!
- Unresolved Sexual Tension
- Vapor Wear