YMMV: Joy Ride
- First Installment Wins: The first one is good, the two DTV sequels are average.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Ted Levine, who was uncredited in the movie for some reason.
- Retroactive Recognition: Jim Beaver shows up briefly as a cantankerous deputy who is frustrated by the extra work created for him by two young punks driving around in an old car.
- Shocking Swerve: The first movie's twist ending practically mandates that you pretend Charlotte isn't in the truck, because she doesn't have on a blindfold and had to have seen the entire ruse being set up. And the second movie's final scene also mandates you believing that Rusty Nail jumped out of his truck as it was careening out the side of a cliff and somehow managed to sneak past the two heroes, in a part of desert with absolutely no way to cover yourself.
- Also in third one, Rusty and his truck is put in crusher, and it seem that he was finally killed. But only in next morning, police officer find only truck in crusher without Rusty body and this is biggest shocking swerve in entire franchise. Because Rusty wasn't able escape from truck, when he was being crushing and male lead saw Rusty being in truck in first place.