In the future, we will put guns on our trucks
When Testosterone Poisoning
hits the road.
A Sister Trope
to Cool Car
, this is the kind where even four wheels isn't enough, you need the diesel fumes and huge smoking pipes and... well, you have the big rig truck that tends to be a mainstay in action movies and the like. Ostensibly a trope unique to the West, but it's caught on in any other region where the terrain is more accomodating to the regular use of big rigs, but mostly for Rule Of Cool
- Daimos in his Tranzer form.
- The Mammoth Car from Speed Racer, essentially a train on wheels.
- Power Rangers used this in some of the Disney-owned seasons. Ninja Storm made the most use of their Mobile Command Center, while Dino Thunder brought out a suspiciously identical-looking rig for their last-episodes assault on the villain's base. SPD went with an entirely original design for the SWAT Command Truck.
- Rig-styled mecha would show up about half the time in vehicle-teamed seasons, even in the Super Sentai precursors:
- B.J. and the Bear. B.J. (Billie Joe) McKay drove a big rig truck. His sidekick was a chimpanzee named "Bear".
- A late '80s action series called The Highwayman involved frontier lawmen traveling the roads in big black rigs. The lead character's cab even turned into a helicopter.
- The original Knight Rider had one for a mobile base-cum-garage. Also, in a couple of episodes, KITT's Evil Counterpart Goliath.
- The Supernatural episode "Route 666" has a possessed truck.
- "Road trains" in Australia, essentially one truck pulling up to eight trailers at once.