SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.Tite Kubo (born Noriaki Kubo; "Tite" is pronounced "Taito") is the creator of Zombiepowder. and the incredibly popular series Bleach. He has several often parodied weaknesses as a manga-ka (eschewing backgrounds, slow pace, Only Six Faces, Plotkai, and creating new characters to overcome writer's block). Despite this (or perhaps because of it), Bleach remains one of the most popular Shōnen manga in circulation today, partly due to the large amount of interesting characters and partly due to the sheer number of awesome moments the series has produced. His color cover pages always have characters in very trendy outfits.He is widely considered to be a Trolling Creator, to the point of trolling demigod, given that he keeps a big part of the fandom riled up constantly no matter what he does. Here's his Twitter account, and he's also good friends with fellow author Mayu Shinjo, based on their tweets.When through said Twitter account he heard that Nick Simmons' comic Incarnate plagiarized his own works, he responded simply—
— Youtube commentator
"Between last night and this morning, I've been getting a lot of messages from overseas fans along the lines of 'There's an American comic ripping off Bleach!' I'm not that good at English, but I looked at the site and it seems it's a comic by Nick Simmons, the son of Gene Simmons. To be honest, I'm more bothered by the fact that Gene Simmons' son is a comic artist than whether or not it's a rip-off..."This earned him respect within his fandom.The shutdown of RawParadise and a message from Shueisha in Shounen Jump asking people to report sites that host raws for scanlation across the globe seems to be at least partially attributed to Kubo, who had been receiving several tweets from foreign fans congratulating him on his 400th chapter of Bleach before it was even for sale in Japan, and him putting two and two together.At Jump Festa 2012, Kubo revealed that he had recently gotten married, but didn't comment beyond that statement.
Tropes associated with Tite Kubo are:
- Arc Fatigue: At times because of his legendary Pacing Problems, at others because of Executive Meddling.
- Art Evolution: With time, the faces he draws have become more stylized and with finer features. As a drawback, he's often fallen in Only Six Faces syndrome.
- Ass Pull: Oh wow, yes.
- Costume Porn - Impossibly Cool Clothes: This man should've been a fashion designer.
- Fanservice: For women and men
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: He seems to LOVE putting loud characters on the spotlight.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Kubo has admitted that he sometimes creates characters when he's bored.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: At times, his charas engage in very snarky banter as they fight.