Webcomic / Hexagon Death Squad
Hexagon Death Squad
is an ongoing webcomic by the troper known as [AOD]. Started in 2008, it stars a six-woman assassination squad and their adventures as they take out "criminals" for a totalitarian Police State
world government in an alternate timeline
Earth where the Cuban Missile Crisis led to a nuclear war.
The comic can be found here.
- Alternate History: In the HDS storyline, the world is ruled by the AEGIS police state, which took power after the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis escalated into a nuclear war.
- Anti-Hero: Jennifer Ruiz can be thought of as this.
- Eye Scream: Jenna pulls one of these in Chapter 1 in a fight scene against an enemy Mook.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Kaycee has a moment of this after she steals Jenna's thunder by stabbing the Big Bad in the back at the climax of the last Fight Scene in that chapter.
- Hollywood Healing: Somehow Jenna had no bruises on her face, despite being punched in the face by a battle-nurse in Chapter 5.
- Hot-Blooded: When the blood starts pumping in this comic it runs very hot.
- Made of Iron: Subverted in Chapter 2 as Allison takes four arrows to her gut and is out of commission for the next three months as she recovers.
- Male Gaze: This is very much a "guy's" comic. I mean, c'mon. Pretty girls with swords?
- Martial Pacifist Kaycee adopts an oath against killing because she just can't deal with it.
- New Neo City: Los Nuevos Angeles.
- Out of the Inferno: Coral does this after surviving a car crash while standing atop a humvee that EXPLODES. Oh, and did I mention that she just CHOPPED THE ROOF OPEN WITH A GIGANTIC SWORD?!
- Panty Fighter: Averted, as the HDS women - in general - tend to wear modest, functional clothing.
- Police State: Willing to sacrifice a few hundred people to get a few "terrorists"
- Power Limiter: Subverted in Chapter 3, where Arundhati just flat out lies that she was fighting without holding back.
- Schizo Tech: The universal gun ban allows swords in a modern setting, though they're generally made of space-age materials.