It was then that Nuden Keute ran between the monster and its helpless target, spun on one heel and crying "Nuuuuden Neutronnn Powerrr Pantiiiieeees!" flipped up her pleated mini-skirt. There was a blinding flash and Godzilla staggered backwards, an afterimage of blazing white knickers burnt permanently into its retina.
— Plan 7 of 9 from Outer Space
A series featuring martial arts or streetfighting with pretty girls. Typically a vehicle for large amounts of shameless Fanservice
and crude sexual humor.
Said contenders usually seem to have a serious lack of muscle
and an excess of bounciness
to do most of their stunts. See also: Catfight
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Ikki Tousen and its sequels, Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny, Ikkitousen Great Guardians, and Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor.
- Extreme example: Agent Aika. Which was also the Trope Codifier
- Change 123 is a textbook case.
- AIKI was created by a hentai artist, but tended more towards pure action by its end.
- Tenjho Tenge
- Real Bout High School, but in the anime only. The manga actually keeps it pretty tame.
- Najica Blitz Tactics has its camera angle constantly well below skirt level, fighting or not.
- Unsurprising, since Studio Fantasia created Aika as well.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!, has unsurprisingly done this at times. Notable was this being an Enforced Trope during the martial arts tournament at Mahora Academy. The organizer decides that Setsuna's and Asuna's fight would be too boring without some Fanservice so puts them in short skirted maid outfits.
- Averted in Busou Renkin: According to the Word Of God, The legs to Tokiko's Valkyrie Skirt were originally going to be skeletal bones to a hoop skirt, but he changed them to be attached to the thighs precisely to avoid panty shots.
- Arcade Gamer Fubuki parodies this trope: Exposing her "passion panties" gives Fubuki magical video game playing abilities.
- The manga version of Rosario To Vampire focuses more on the Fighter element than the panties, but when it was turned into an anime, the amount of Panty Shots increased.
- Highschool of the Dead is a Panty Zombie Hunter version of this trope.
- The six omakes produced for To Heart: Remember My Memories is basically this, entitled Heart Fighters.
- The Queen's Blade anime makes sure that no less than one woman's breasts are exposed in every episode, though not always necessarily through fighting (though it happens the most during.)
- Strike Witches, because none of the girls are wearing any pants. But they're not panties, so it's no problem.
- Air Master downplays this to the extent you wouldn't expect from a series about a schoolgirl martial artist. Maki never gets her clothes torn (at least, not for fanservice; she gets scuffed up all the time, and at one point, has them ripped apart by a would-be rapist at one point, but she holds the tear shut after she beats him stupid) and the camera doesn't seem to excessively focus on her undergarments.
- Master of Martial Hearts, like Queen's Blade in premise; a all-female combat tournament with a variety of unique participants, each representing some Moe or fetish. Lampshaded in a Meido cafe episode, where Aya is declared Moe when she wins in a Cat Girl outfit. Also the most shocking subversion of the genre the final fight is quick, brutal, and ends in a bloody Discretion Shot. Flashbacks to earlier fights show more blood than the original scenes, and later fights include bloody gun violence and neck breaking.
- Freezing: A deconstruction, for clothes aren't the only thing that gets shredded
- Maka in the Soul Eater manga. In the anime they gave her a Magic Skirt.
- Ranfan from Dragon Ball. Her special technique is stripping down and fighting in only her panties and bra to distract her opponent.
- A chapter of Bakuman。 introduced a new manga within the manga, appropriately named "Panty Flash Fighter". Apparently there are girls competing in a tournament where the goal is to expose your opponent's panties.
- Almost all of the female fighters in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple fit this perfectly.
- Senran Kagura: few panty-shots, but a critical overload of bikinis.
- High School D×D is this taken Up to Eleven. There is porn out there that features less nudity than this show.
- One of the very first in the actual genre, the Super Famicom Japanese-only Seifuku Densetsu Pretty Fighter featured an all-female cast in various outfits (police woman, gym student in volleyball attire, nurse, Magical-Girl, etc.) in a rather generic fighting game. Yes, there were panty shots, mostly during jumps, with some during kicks.
- Advanced Variable Geo, a Fighting Game with a cast of well-endowed waitresses.
- Asuka 120%
- Dead or Alive (which boasts "Jiggle Physics")
- Rumble Roses
- The Japanese PC fighter Line-Kill Spirits takes this one step further: players will slowly regenerate damage from attacks unless they can snap a picture of their opponent's panties (exposed by knocking them to the ground or into the air), locking in attack damage.
- Bikini Karate Babes and its sequel Warriors Of Elysia both feature real women.
- Sakura Kasugano of the Street Fighter series is a blatant attempt to appeal to this fanbase.
- Sakura wears gym shorts under her skirt precisely to avert this, though it's somewhat of an Informed Attribute (the color being the only hint as to which trope applies).
- At least in the Super Nintendo era of Street Fighter, Chun Li. She's either wearing a thong or nothing under her trademark outfit.
- Higurashi Daybreak: Female characters do this repeatedly. Lampshaded during Shmion's storyline.
- Vanguard Princess and Arcana Heart, although these are more serious stabs at creating Fighting Games than most other examples of its ilk.
- Jingi Storm, released to arcades around the same time as Arcana Heart. It's basically Tekken combined with a softcore eroge.
- May qualify as a subversion since the players are all male, with their assigned partners providing the eye-candy. The stripping feature was removed post beta (referred to as Location Test) anyway.
- X Blades, which is basically an attempt to copy Devil May Cry with a girl wearing dental floss. No catfighting, though.
- Skullgirls definitely seems unashamed of showing off the undergarments of its cast. It's also not afraid to show some of the more disturbing parts of its cast.
- Parasoul, Filia, Cerebella, and Valentine are the characters who expose their undergarments the most. Other characters, not so much and/or "why would you want to?!" (Miss Fortune wears short-shorts, Peacock and Squigly wear floor-length gown-dress-things, Painwheel is horribly disfigured, and Double is an Eldritch Abomination)
- The premise of the episode Grudge Match in Justice League Unlimited. To bring in more money for an underground superpowered fighting ring the villains featured death matches between various villainesses and brainwashed super heroines.