It's About Time (1966-67) was about two astronauts who, after breaking the speed of light, accidentally travel back in time to prehistoric Earth. Unable to return, they make friends with the "natives" in the stone age. An attempt to do a live-action version of The Flintstones.Halfway through the season, having run out of stone-age jokes, the show was retooled by having the astronauts manage to fix their spacecraft and return, bringing some of the stone-age characters with them, turning the show into a Fish out of Water about stone-age characters trying to figure out modern life. This wasn't very successful either, and the show only lasted the one season.
- Animated Credits Opening: Revamped with its plot points reversed after the Retool.
- Comic Book Adaptation: One issue long.
- Contemporary Caveman
- Expository Theme Tune
- Fantastic Comedy
- Fish Out of Temporal Water
- Fish out of Water
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In the pilot the female Cave Dweller was named Shag. The radar then got fixed for the series in which her name became Shad.
- Half Hour Comedy
- Prop Recycling: Sherwood Schwartz reused the Gilligan's Island lagoon and the spacecraft used in one GI episode.
- Sherwood Schwartz, of Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch fame, created it.
- Time Travel
- Trapped in the Past, turning into Get Back to the Future when they fix their spacecraft.