Music / The Great Luke Ski
The Great Luke Ski
is a funny music artist from the Madison, WI area. He is active in the local and national Filk
scene, and is a prominent artist in the Rap Dementia
sub-genre. He gets frequent playtime on The Dr. Demento Show
as well as DementiaRadio.org
. He is also active with the Funny Music Project (The FuMP)
. His podcast Luke and Carrie's Bad Rapport
can be found here
He is a member of the sketch comedy group Cirque du So What
As of 2011, he has had more yearly #1 songs on The Dr. Demento Show
than anyone but Weird Al
He works on the cartoon Mighty Magiswords
as a storyboard artist, writer, and voice actor.
Tropes Luke Ski has invoked include the following:
- Album Filler: The Gothsickles version of "House Party at Arkham Asylum" on Baconspiracy and tracks 9-13 on Worst Album Ever also all of the spoken word skits that are specific to an album (unless I find a trope more appropriate to put these on)
- Album Title Drop: The primary reason why "88 Lines about 44 Simpsons" was included on Worst Album Ever
- Anti-Christmas Song: Parts of "It's a Fanboy Christmas" and "It's a Fanboy Christmas II" invoke this. Also the introduction by "Gilbert" to "Christmas at Hogwarts" on Worst Album Ever
- Dance Sensation: "The Spongy Dance" is a parody of Spongebob Square Pants and "The Humpty Dance"
- Drunken Song: A skit on Baconspiracy treats Jonathan Coulton's "Re: Your Brains" as this.
- Villain Song: "House Party at Arkham Asylum" features The Joker rapping about his and other Rogues Gallery villains' plans to mess up the Justice League.
- Worst Whatever, Ever!: He has an album called Worst Album Ever.
- In reference to the above, his friends put together a tribute album called Worst Tribute Ever.