A whole family, in a garage, grinding a deer that was hit by a car into sausage. The little girl played with its head. I dare you to find anything that's more genuine than that anywhere in the world.Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
is a Reality Show
program which features pageant participant Alana Thompson (Honey Boo Boo), along with her mother Mama June Shannon, father Mike Thompson (Sugar Bear) and her three older sisters. The show is mostly filmed in and around the family's hometown in rural McIntyre, Georgia. It is a spinoff
of Toddlers And Tiaras
. It runs on The Learning Channel
, making the title character literally the Poster Child
for Network Decay
- Big Fun: How Shannon and Alana see themselves.
- Camp Gay: Uncle Poodle.
- Cheerful Child: Alana's usually upbeat about everything.
- Deep South
- Everything's Messier With Pigs: Glitzy
- Fat Slob: June.
- Face Palm: Mike a few times.
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: Defied. You'd think a family that suddenly became rich due to the reality show they're on would spend that money like there's no tomorrow. Surprisingly, June (the mother) splits the $20K paycheck per-episode among her four daughters, the money of which is place in a trust fund that none of the daughters can touch until they're 21 years old, unless it's to pay for school.
- Manipulative Editing: Or lack of. Most reality shows edit the narration, interviews and conversations to polish them into conventional sounding dialog. On this show all of the pauses, sneezes, coughs, stutters and other bits of realistic diction are left in (the "ums" are even subtitled), which makes the family look stupider than they really are.
- No Sympathy: Alana's sisters show no sympathy for Alana after she's forced to give up her pet, Glizty. In fact, they casually state that they're glad the pig is gone.
- Only Sane Man: Sugar Bear. Also see Face Palm above.
- Out of Focus: Chickadee, when she was put under bed rest because she almost went into early labor.
- Point-and-Laugh Show
- Spoiled Sweet: Though Alana may get sassy at times, but that's to be expected from someone her age.
- Supporting Protagonist: The series is more about Alana's mom than her.
- Teen Pregnancy: resulting in a three-thumbed baby.
- Toilet Humor
- Trademark Favorite Food: Mountain Dew and Red Bull ("Go-Go Juice")
- Wicked Stepfather: Averted - even though he's only the biological father of Alana, he cares for all the girls as his own daughters. In return, the other girls love him very much.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Glitzy. Became Alana's pet in episode 2, only to be given up in episode 5.