Due to large amounts of Getting Crap Past the Radar
moments, unusual characters, and absurdity, Adventure Time
has many moments that will leave the audience giggling.
open/close all folders
- Pen's famous line regarding a certain piece of clothing that he wears on his head.
- The also-famous Abraham Lincoln scene:
What's going on? ... A-Abraham Lincoln? Abraham:
Pen. Your mind has been transported back in time. And to Mars. Pen:
Wh-What?? Abraham: It doesn't matter.
matter is you need to believe in yourself! (scene cuts back to Pen in Ice Kingdom) Pen: NEVEEEEER!!!
- Jake connecting to the internet with his mind. He downloads a little dance, which Pen starts to do.
- ALL of Lady Rainicorn's dialogue. She sounds like a screaming pigeon.
- Jake and LR meeting for the first time, completely ignoring Pen's fight with the Ice King.
- Jake casually defeating the Ice King after the blue doofus reveals the source of his power- he nonchalantly calls the Ice King a "sloppy milkshake" and punches the crown off his head, revealing a little dollop of white hair.
- The ninjas stealing the old guy's diamonds.
"Slumber Party Panic"
"Trouble In Lumpy Space"
"Prisoners of Love"
- Lumpy Space Princess' argument with her parents (the way they yell helps).
- And don't forget Lumpy!Finn and Jake arguing at the dance. Their voices are just hysterical.
- "I'LL KILL YOU LUMPY SPPPAAAACCCCCCEEE!!!"
- Finn's facial expression while yelling that made it all the more narmy.
- Finn imitating LSP over the phone.
- Everyone's Bad Bad Acting when they're pretending to throw a dance party in the Ice King's cell, especially Lumpy Space Princess.
- The Ice King has just been beaten up quite badly by Finn. While unconscious, he dreams he is flying, and ponders why no one seems to like him:
Ice King: (sighs)
What's wrong with me? Cosmic Owl:
Hoo. You're a sociopath
- Jake's Big "NO!"
- "[If I could do anything] I would pick... AN APPLE." "....Lame."
- When Finn starts to express doubts about bringing Tree Trunks along on an adventure, Jake manages to convince him to go with it by waving his arms around and repeatedly saying "It's fine, it's fine..."
- This scene:
What are you doing, Tree Trunks? Tree Trunks:
I'm helping you by tempting this guy with... my body
It's not a guy
, Tree Trunks! It's a snake-armed ruby brain beast! Tree Trunks:
Even brain beasts get lonely, Finn! Finn:
Jake! You were supposed to watch her! Jake: (covered in Tree Trunks's lipstick)
She got past me, man. I tried to stop her, but she over-powered me...
- The infamous ending where Tree Trunks explodes after taking a bite of the Crystal Gem Apple, complete with Finn's, Jake's, and the Crystal Guardian's shocked reactions.
"Ricardio the Heart Guy"
- "Watch where you're going!"
- The Keeper gives a long explanation of the quest for the Enchiridion, and Finn easily solves the first "riddle," without even saying a word until asked how he knew what to do.
- Doubly funny because the Keyper very obviously has a giant key tied to his head.
- "If you want the Heroes' Enchiridion, THEN SLAY THIS UNALIGNED ANT!"
- "Never. Never. NEVER!! (proceeds to kick evil guy in the crotch)
- And then when Finn accidentally attacks the Keyper in a blind rage:
Keyper: Congratulations, Finn the human. Now you have truly reached the end—
Finn: NEVER! [Punches the Keyper] Oh, no. Mr. Keyper, I'm sorry! W-why are you wearing that little Devil costume?
Keyper: These are my pajamas. I was getting ready for bed.
- After the gnomes destroy old ladies after Finn and Jake rescued them:
Jake: HEY! That kid just saved you guys! You should thank him! Not destroy old ladies! Do you even know what I'm talkin' about? Say thank you! Saaay thaaank yoooouuu.
Gnome: KILL IT!!
Jake: (Jake dodges their zaps and grabs them) GET BACK IN THERE! (puts gnomes back in boiling puddle)
- Hell, the gnomes destroying old ladies for anything Finn did or said.
"My Two Favorite People"
"Memories of Boom Boom Mountain"
- One of the frozen businessmen gets promoted by Finn for "taking one for the team" (letting Hot Dog Princess, a Dachshund, kiss him instead of Finn). Cue all the other businessmen trying to smooch Hot Dog Princess.
"City of Thieves"
"The Witch's Garden"
"What Is Life?"
- "Yeah, dude, force that enthusiasm!"
- "YOUTH CULTURE FOREVER!"
- "Dang it, Leonard! If we don't talk at the same time, nobody will understand us!"
"Ocean of Fear"
"When Wedding Bells Thaw"
- "To the Mesosphere!" "Finally, we can die!"
- The fact that Finn had at some point earned a blood oath from a bunch of prankster, suicidal balloons.
- "I could wake up at any moment! .... Naaah I'm still asleep."
- "Finn?! Ugh! Why can't you ever be a princess?!"
- "CRUSH HIM!! CRUSH HIM LIKE YOU ALMOST CRUSHED ME!!"
- "I think I know just the dumbhole we can get some from."
- The whole "sneaking" bit with NEPTR.
- “Yeah! Pootin’ on NEPTR to the max!”
- How Finn looks when he listens to music.
- One scene for some reason had me rolling:
Maybe I should go back to stealing girls. It's what I feel comfortable doing, y'know? Being free? With the wind at my back?... Lot's o' girls? Kidnappin' em? Finn:
Alright... HERE COMES MY DOUBLE KICK!!!
- "Even though the Ice King is a wad... I'm happy for 'im."
- This exchange:
Marriage is the most beautiful thing that could ever happen to a jerk
like you. Ice King:
Oh, really? Why? Jake:
"Why"?! (walks off, talking to himself)
Poots, that guy is good! Why... Finn:
NOT NOW! (to himself)
Why, why, why...
- This part:
Jake: Ugh. I'd better go after him.
Jake!Sandwich: No, Jake, stay here. With me.
Jake: (deep voice) Oh, my. (makes out with sandwich)
- NEWFOUND RESPECT.
- That giant cat trying to pounce on Finn. And constantly missing.
Cat: I know exactly where you might be, Jim!
- The demon cat's powers of approximate omniscience in general are pretty funny.
Demon Cat: Hello, Frank the human boy.
Finn: How did you almost know my name?!
Demon Cat: I have approximate knowledge of many things.
- "Unzip THIS! (armpit fart)"
- "I choose...Sandwich!"
- Jake's "key hand" bit.
Jake: I'll get us out, with key hand! (hand turns into a key)
Finn: I don't see any keyholes in this cage, though.
Jake: Not a problem, man! Lock hand! (his other hand turns into a lock)
- We see one of the trials Jake went through when separated from Finn. This includes a monster waving around a laser pointer. Which Jake chases into a wall.
- Jake tells Finn that tons of people hate him. Cut to one angry red squirrel at a holo-computer...
Red Squirrel: Why, Jake? Why won't you print my letters? I... I... I HATE YOU!!!
- And again...
Come on! Pick it up! (Jake walks right past the letter) Red Squirrel:
You son of a blee-blob!
- Not to mention when he and the Marquis of Nuts appeared at the council meeting at the end of the episode.
- Also when pursuing the Marquis of Nuts, Finn and Jake agree to split right and left. Even so:
Jake: I went left tooooooo!
- After Jake starts eating from a bowl of nuts belonging to the Duchess of Nuts:
Jake: Ohhhh... Should've asked if these were like, her eggs or something.
- The entire scene with the Duchess of Nuts is a scream.
- The Whywolves, who switch from being bloodthirsty to sophisticated in a single sentence. They then proceed to give a lecture on why they attack the House People, all the while sounding like an education video, complete with fitting music.
Whywolf: Not werewolves, whywolves. Motivated by the spirit of inquiry. AND BLOODLUST
- And the ending of his lecture:
Whywolf: Until eventually we too are devoured by the cosmic owl. But it'll be a pretty sweet ride up until that point.
- And the abrupt switch after he has finished the lecture, as if his suppressed wild side has finally been set free:
Whywolf: TONIGHT, WE FEAST ON THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!
"Rainy Day Daydream"
- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT?
- "I'M NOT RUNNING AWAY FINN THIS IS JUST PART OF MY PLAN!"
- When Marceline is ordering Finn to hold down a man so she can feed on the red from his bowtie.
Finn: I'm sorry, sir. I'm bound by my code of honor to do what she says.
I understand, son. I was married myself once. (Single Tear
Finn: Wait, wait! I'm not married to—
"What Have You Done?"
- "Conversation Parade"
- "I'm a kick-butt reality master!"
- "AWW MAN! I IMAGINED MY MOM NAKED!"
- The Imagination Man’s song. Especially when he shakes his “imagination cans.”
- "SHOULD'VE STUCK TO YER DIET!"
- "FINN! You have destroyed my faith in canned peanut brittle!"
- This. Just... this.
I'll show you the true jerks... (removing tarp from mirror)
BEHOLD!! (wind blows candlelight out) Finn:
Uh... it's too dark. Ice King:
BEHOLD!! (accidentally cracks mirror) BEHOLD!!! (mirror shatters) Finn and Jake: (beat)
- "These bars can't hold me forever!...hey, there's only like two of them!"
Ice King: How 'bout you just hand me my crown? I'll create some ice bars.
Finn: No, Jake! It's a trick.
Ice King: I'm toying with you, ha ha. Psy-cho-logically hahahaha!
- "I am no man's bosom."
- "I can't beat up the Ice King for nothing. It's against my alignment."
- Finn "dies"
Finn: (In complete monotone) Boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo hoo.
Ice King: (Looks around and sees Finn on the floor looking "distraught") Huh? Crying?
Finn: (still in monotone) Boo hoo, you hit me Ice King. I don't think I can live anymore, knowing my best bosom hit me.
Ice King: I was only saving you from poo poo palms!
Finn: (Monotonously) I'm dying because I know, you care not for me. ("Dies")
- And when the Ice King thinks he killed Finn:
- "...Ah, well. Gunter! Dispose of Finn's carcass!"
- The scene where Jake examines the Ice King's crown;
Ice King: Oh, this is a total rook!
Jake: Settle down, prisoner! We gotta record your belonging. One magical crown... (To Finn) Probably stolen.
Ice King: I didn't steal that item, I made it! Made it with the magic that I stole! So hand it over, or I'll strike menacing poses at you!
- Bubblegum going into happy hysterics after the Ice King's pained howls cure the Candy citizens, causing her to try and flip over the bed while shouting Gratuitous German before fainting. It's just so random!
"It Came from the Nightosphere"
"Loyalty to the King"
- Black Comedy example: "Daddy, Why Did You Eat My Fries" falls victim to Cerebus Syndrome incredibly rapidly, going from the titular goofy premise to Marceline wondering whether her father loves her in less than a minute.
- From the end:
Marceline: I've been meaning to ask you: what's with that pocket on your shirt?
Finn: Oh, Jake's in here. (looking inside pocket) Sup, Jake?
- The fact that Gunter the penguin has the most evil soul in all of Ooo.
"Of all of history's greatest monsters, you are by far the most evil thing I've encountered. Offer your soul to me, dark one!"
NO! You can't have my soul
, I don't even
— ...Look, just get in here. (tries to suck his soul and Gunter slaps him)
- Followed by:
"Keep your crummy soul!"
- "Gunter! Who told you you could fly?
No one sucks the life from my penguins but ME
! And maybe polar bears, because that's just nature, Gunter... Ice King:
(after being freaked out by Marceline's Dad
) I've soiled my tunic! Completely by choice!
- "Oh my glob, you guys!. DUH-RAMA BOOOMB!"
- Marceline's dad sucking the souls from ants.
"Stompin' on ants, souls souls souls."
- More Radar-based fun.
Finn, you're like an ant to him. Finn:
Well, this ant's about to get in his pants! Marceline:
- Finn banishing Marceline's dad at the end of the episode.
- The part where Marceline catches her bass instead of Finn.
- This exchange:
Stay out of my life, dad! Marceline's Dad:
You're not even alive!
- After Finn asks Marceline how he can kill her dad, Marceline admonishes Finn for it. Finn apologizes for his words, but Marceline adds that her father literally can't be killed because he's deathless.
"Blood Under the Skin"
- "Did I tell you that I like the opera? But if you don't, I hate it!"
- When the Nice King orders Finn and Jake to break it gently to Turtle Princess that he doesn't really like her that much:
The Nice King isn't really looking for a relationship right now. Jake: Get outta here!
(Turtle Princess runs off crying
- Lumpy Space Princess punching herself into a sphere to appease the Nice King.
- When Finn glues the Ice King's beard back on and he gets found out:
"Crystals Have Power"
- Finn trying to be nonchalant while trying to find romance for his story for Jake: "Normal guy, forest guy, just like normal forest guy... (stumbles over a root)"
- Finn's encounter with the Jerky Teenage Bear and his over-protective mom. "He's probably not dead! I'm sorry, though! That you think he's dead!"
- "Your cage is made of sticks, brother! Just kick it apart."
"The Other Tarts"
- Jake's flashback:
I don't wanna hurt nobody! Flashback!Jake's Dad:
Well too bad, because you're going to hurt EVERYBODY! Flashback!Jake: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
- It's the chipper way Jake's dad delivers this line that really makes it.
- And later: "Punch them, Jake! Punch everybody! Why not? Come on! Why not?!"
- Later still:
But Dad, you said I'd hurt everybody! Spirit!Jake's Dad:
Yeah, everybody... Jake:
I dunno Dad, that doesn't really help me. Spirit!Jake's Dad:
Everybody who is evil
, Jake. Let me finish next time
, hmm? Yeah? Jake:
Oh. Well, I'm over it then!
- "You didn't mash my potatoes! You didn't even make me cry silently into my pillow last night for... thirty minutes..."
- The Crystal Guard. It's just too funny with his constant no-face/poker-face while he just stares at Jake.
Crystal Guardian 1: Hurry up, guys. I've gotta take a crystal donk.
Crystal Guardian 2: Aww man, I don't wanna hear that!
Crystal Guardian 1: Hey, whatever man. I ain't ashamed.
- Jake's controlled fighting, where he punches a Crystal Guardian very slowly.
- The Crystal Men gushing over Queen Quartzion, AKA Tree Trunks.
- Pretty much everything Quartzion says:
- "She's too sassy and powerful!"
- "If I had a penny for every time someone went crazy hopped-up on magical energy... (beat, aside glance) ...I'd be Abraham Lincoln!"
"To Cut a Woman's Hair"
"The Chamber of Frozen Blades"
- Finn's Insane Troll Logic in carrying the tarts through the Desert of Doom because no tart thieves would expect him to go that way.
- When Finn and Jake try to take a short-cut through a cave:
Finn: Jake, did you just sniff my butt?
Jake: Just now? No.
(few seconds later)
Jake: Finn, did you just lick me...all the way up my arm?
Finn: Uh, no.
- Finn and Jake being held up for the last of the tarts by a butterfly. With a laser pistol.
- The famous Tart-Toter speech:
"The Silent King"
- Ice King freezing the other patients in line at the hospital... including the one who was willing to let him cut ahead.
- "Just give it to me straight, doc... am I gonna have to pay for this?"
- "Three Jakes?! That's one too many!" Guess math isn't Finn's strong suit after all.
- "The Ice King abducted me while I was distracted by the horrifying beauty of birth."
- "Dear diary...and you better write me back this time!"
- "I was at the hospital, for it turns out that Gunter was preggers!"
"The Real You"
"Death in Bloom"
- Finn's line when he and Jake are fighting the Goblin King at the beginning.
Finn (singing): WANDS ARE FOR WIMPS!
- The goblins randomly rioting without a king to tell them what to do.
- This little piece:
Finn: Jake, you wanna stay up all night listening to rules?
Jake: *immediately falls asleep*
- Finn keeping the goblins fooled into thinking he's still on the throne by using a giant golem wearing a cardboard box with Finn's face drawn on it.
"Go with Me"
- This particular scene.
More skeletons. We have to be really......really
quiet! Jake: (Beat stare, before farting and causing the whole cave to echo his fart and tremor) Skeleton: (the many skeletons look behind them and see Finn and Jake)
GET 'EM! (start running towards them) Finn:
JAKE! Jake: I thought it would be funny!
- "THE MORROW IS A BIRD!"
Princess Bubblegum: "I will be back on the Morrow. SCREEEE!"
- When Jake's memory is restored, Death kisses him on the lips:
Death: Kiss of Death, baby. You've got your memory back.
Jake: Aw, man! I wished I didn't.
- The montage of Finn and Jake taking care of PB's flower, with them seemingly not noticing that it's slowly dying. The montage ends with them tucking it to sleep, and it's only after then that Finn goes "Oh man, we totally killed it!"
"Belly of the Beast"
- The part where Jake calls Marceline. It cuts to a split-screen conversation between him and Marceline, until Marceline crawls out of the blankets next to Jake, still in split-screen, and scares him. Finn's response is simply:
- It's a clever joke because viewers who have their eye on Jake won't notice what Marceline's doing at first.
- "Soooo.... HEADLOCK!!"
- When Finn decides he doesn't like the film being shown at couples' movie night: "Marceline, would you do me the honor of getting us the plop out of here?"
- Finn and Jake doing a corny blues song during karaoke:
- The "Bears" song: "Bears bears bears bears bears bears bears BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!"
- After Finn, Jake, and two hot dog knights enter the center of a labyrinth, they are each given one wish.
Finn: (to hot dog knights)
So you guys should wish for your buddies back, right? Knight #1: I wish for a box! (gets cardboard box)
Sweeeet! Knight #2:
I wish to blow up! I mean, get big. (explodes) Finn:
Wow... You guys are really stupid. Knight #1:
What do you mean?
"Conquest of Cuteness"
"Morituri Te Salutamus"
"Memory of a Memory"
- The montage of Finn and Jake taking pictures of the Cuties while Cute King gets increasingly frustrated.
- Jake thinks he sees a murdered goat after the Cuties break into his and Finn's house:
Jake: Oh no! It's a dead goat, man! Its guts are all over the place! It's all chopped up and spread around and.. oh no, wait, it's just a blanket. I think I left it here this morning.
- The Cute Army's first attempt at assaulting Finn and Jake, which consists of them charging blindly at the tree-house while getting themselves injured or simply falling apart.
- When Finn decides to confront the Cuties:
- Near the "battle" scene:
Get ready, y'all! Together we fall! (Cinnamamon Bun falls over) Lumpy Space Princess:
NOT YET, CINNAMON BUN
- "Oh no, my blood!"
- "Hey Finn, you think blood tastes better than ketchup?"
- LSP's shtick is pretty hilarious.
Finn: And hey, guys, let's keep the acting subtle. Less is more.
- "Why?! I didn't DO anything!" The immature way the Ice King whines this.
- "Foooour weeks?" Finn's Nightmare Face.
- "Get outta here, Bubble-Butt!"
- Finn and Jake have a Let's Meet the Meat moment when they eat food from someone called Meat Man. It doesn't bother Jake at first, but that night he has nightmares about eating him. Finally comes the punchline later in the episode:
Jake: (wide awake, staring out with a cup of coffee) Hey, Finn... you awake yet?
Finn: (Yawns) I'm tryin'...
Jake: ....I had a dream about Meat Man...
Jake: ....I think I'm gonna stop eating Meat Man.
- Several things Ice King says:
- Scorcher curb-stomping Blastronaut, who turns out to be a naked goblin in a mechanical suit.
- "BUTT, BUTT, BUTT, BUTT, FREAKIN' BUTT! "
- "You're grounded!" "I know, but shush!" (beat, cut to Jake slurping coffee)
- Jake: (sarcastically) "Good job, the Ice King!"
- "WAAAAIT! You don't have to do this anymore! I killed them already! They're dead!" *starts slapping frozen Finn and Jake* "Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead, DEAD! Yup, they're dead."
"Fionna and Cake"
- This part:
- The Ice King saying that Jake is afraid of real emotion.
- "Aww man, he fell asleep with his eyes open."
- "DOES THIS DANCE PLEASE YOU, ASTRAL BEAST?! DOES THIS PLEASE YOU?!?!"
- The entire Astral plane bit.
Finn: Astral beast come to meeee!!
- "Aw, junk! Did I summon butterflies?"
- Gunter's random dance at the end after he finally breaks the unfreezing potion.
- This part:
Ice King: Who's hungie? Jake, you hungie?
Jake: (annoyed) I'm hungry.
Ice King: Haha, fair enough. Well how about I make us some omelets?
Jake: That.... sounds pretty good actually!
Ice King: I'm gonna put my foot in it!
- "Friends don't eat each other, Ice King. That's now how friends work."
"What Was Missing"
- Prince Gumball's memetic "SO. VERY. LARGE." line, complete with appropriate face expressions and hand gestures.
- This exchange between Fionna and Ice Queen:
Ice Queen: Ha! You should talk! Keeping all the babes to yourself, totally ice-blocking my game!
(Prince Gumball looks seriously Squicked out)
- This line of dialogue
Fionna: Jeez, I don't know, I thought about it, but I think you could wear your pants as a shirt if you really needed to.
- The Reveal:
Ice King: So, what did you think of the fan-fiction I wrote about you guys?
- The fact that the Ice King blatantly said "fanfiction" just made it twice as funny. Who would even think they'd hear that word in a show like this?
- Let's not forget the end of his story:
"I hope Ice King
will sweep me off my feet, and take me to the farthest corner of Ooo, where we will do nothing but kiss and eat a whole bunch, until we get fat and die
!" THE END
- How about the fact that Prince Gumball has a Flat "What." reaction to the above speech, even though he's a character in said fanfiction?
- Cake's first meeting with Lord Momochromicorn. Her tail frizzes.
- When Beemo gets his controller stolen:
Jake: (cries) You've all forgotten 'bout the MUSIC! I QUIT THE BAND! (runs backwards until he's out of sight) I'm just pretending!
Finn: Jake, you're back!
Jake: Shut your face! I came back for the music!
- The Aesop near the end.
Pasta...water...getting...HOTTER! A song about noodles? Marceline and Princess Bubblegum: NO. Finn:
Bwam! (they all laugh}
- And this leads up to the immortal line:
Jake: Shut yo face. I came back for the MUSIC.
- "That guy must do crazy squats."
"From Bad to Worse"
"No One Can Hear You"
"Jake vs. Me-mow"
- When the gang announces their mystery names:
: But according to the invites, we're supposed to use mystery names. Mine is Lady Quietbottom. Lumpy Space Princess:
My name is Duchess Gummy-buns! BMO
: I'm Professor Pants. Cinnamon Bun:
I'm Cinnamon Bun! Lumpy Space Princess: (slaps Cinnamon Bun)
What's the name on your invite
? Cinnamon Bun:
Oh yeah! Uh... it's Guy Farting
Prince Hotbod at your service. Jake:
I'm... Randy Butternubbs.
- Also: Cinnamon Bun coming on to LSP when he finds out she’s not dating.
: Now's my chance! LSP
: No. Way. Cinnamon Bun
: But I can make you happy. LSP
: (punches Cinnamon Bun)
Puke off, you big donut! Cinnamon Bun
. (walks away)
- "I don't have ghost-detecting equipment. I just like taking nice pictures."
- When they look for LSP.
LSP: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I'm dying!!!! (toilet flushes, LSP exits bathroom) Whoo! Oh, gross, ugh. My lumping body's all hollow now. I gotta put something in it.
- Finn's dramatic accusation of Princess Bubblegum being interrupted by LSP's drama over her break-up with Brad.
- "I'm listening, but I'ma keep eating!"
- "I've found this note stabbed to my door... man."
- The fight scene:
- BIIIG LIVAHH! BIIIG LIVAHH!
"The New Frontier"
"Holly Jolly Secrets"
- The ice golem's "don't be noticed, don't get involved" expression while sneaking past Finn and Jake's fight with the Ice King.
- The alarm clock bird, and the way it gets clobbered every morning.
- "HELP! SOMEBODY HEEEEELP!"
- "You know, maybe we could all learn a thing or two from those sandwiches."
- Ice King singing Marceline's "Daddy" song, with a Marceline wig.
Ice King (on video): (singing) Daddy, do you even love me? Well, I wish you would show it...
- Phil being included in the characters' new Christmas traditions.
- Beemo interprets Ice King's "tears" to be a complicated code involving arranging spaces and Ms that is printed to form an ASCII art picture of Gunther:
- Part 1 concludes with a cliffhanger as the Ice King encases Finn and Jake's treehouse in ice and the camera zooms into Jake's screaming mouth. Part 2 opens with Jake still screaming, and then suddenly breaking into Alouette.
Finn: Huh. I guess you do know all the words.
- A little Easter Egg thrown in there: some of the things the Ice King says during the sped up scenes are hilarious.
- Ice King addressing his army of snow men:
Some of you won't survive this! You'l melt, or split in half, or your head will fall off. But that's fine, because you're made of snow. Only one thing matters today: getting into that tree house, getting my tapes back, and beating up Finn and Jake! And maybe Beemo. Yeah, Beemo too! Who's with me? (beat
) And why are you guys so quiet? Are you mad? (snaps fingers
) Oh, that's right, you're not alive yet!
- Even funnier is that the snowmen immediately start attacking Ice King for no apparent reason.
- Near the end:
- Finn sees Marceline naked. His reaction is priceless.
Finn: (completely deadpan) I'm not goin' back out there.
- After Marceline hears them Finn and Jake take up disguises... which turn out to be a lamp (Finn with a lampshade on his head) and ...Jake shapeshifting as Finn.
Finn: DUDE! You shape-changed to look like me?!
Jake: (beat) Well, yeah!
- The dialogue just before that is hilarious as well:
Finn: (whispering) Is she awake?
Jake: (also whispering) Why are you talking??!
Finn: I'm wondering if she's awake!
Jake: Well, if she's awake she can definitely hear you talking!
Finn: I'm whispering!
Jake: Well now we're both quietly screaming!!
Marceline: (matter-of-factly) I can hear BOTH of you...
Finn: (still whispering) DISGUISE YOSELF, FOOL!
- Not to mention the episode's punchline after Finn and Jake apologize for hiding in Marcy's closet: "Apology accepted. I hide in your house all the time."
- The next scene, where the two are Properly Paranoid, features Jake wearing a Modesty Towel in the shower, then putting on a second one when he gets out.
- The note Marceline leaves for Finn and Jake.
"Hey guys, I had to run out, but I'll be back in a few minutes. I had to run out to buy some ketchup. Is it possible to be allergic to tomatoes? My sleep patterns are always super weird when I eat tomatoes. Do you ever have those lucid dreams? Anyhow, DON'T GO INTO MY HOUSE."
- The color codes don't work anymore so just to let you know that bold bit was written in blood.
- Jake being bitten and not being able to cry out.
- And instead opting to let out a silent scream, with tears in his eyes.
- This scene:
- Pretty much just Finn's sheer rage while he's on his way to get the tears of the cyclops. Best part is when he needs to cross the acidic, electric eel infested, fast current river.
Bush: Anyway, that's it, there's no other way around, you dummy.
Finn: But I need to get across.
Listen when I'm telling you. There's no way! ...ugly tramp. -flashes of the Monster Clown
Finn: Glob... Glob it... Glob it! GLOB IT!
-picks up the bush- MY WAY! -proceeds to cross the river WHIPPING
away the water and the eels, somehow... only to not even make it halfway across the river.
- At the beginning:
Ghost Princess: (moans)
Jake: Are you haunting us?
Ghost Princess: Yeeeees...
Jake: Oh. Okay.
- Clarence was voiced by Benson.
Jake: Wait a minute, say that again.
Clarence: MY LIFE IS LIKE A FART!
- This hilarious exchange between Jake and Joshua
But dad, Finn's already figured that out. He's a good kid with a kind heart. Joshua:
Remember, Jake, this is a pre-recorded holo-message. I can't hear you if you're talking to me right now.
(Moments later...) Jake:
But— Joshua: BUTTS ARE FOR POOPING!
- The spell used to banish the demon: "Kee Oth Rama Pancake!"
- "If I didn't cry when people died, I'd have a cold butt for a heart."
- Jake fending off the Fruit Witches by farting.
- In one scene:
Alright, dude. Dad told me not to tell you this, but— (An imaginary Joshua appears.) Imaginary Joshua:
DON'T TELL 'IM! Jake: (beat) (flatly)
You're not real. (turns imaginary Joshua into imaginary Lady Rainicorn)
- The YouTube Poop-esque remix Jake makes out of the tapes Joshua left in the dungeon.
- At the beginning, when Beemo promises to watch Finn while Jake is out.
*pounds fist against his palm* If anyone tries to hurt Finn, I will kill them!
- There's Jake singing about finding a love interest for Finn.
Gotta find a honey for my homey! A baby for my buddy! (incredibly deep voice) A lady... for my laddie.
- When Jake checks up on Finn through the Beemo-cam, he sees a first-person view of Beemo sneaking up behind Finn to poke him up the butt.
- There's also just before that when Finn angrily punches his tear ducts.
- "An awesome prince? That's the best kind!"
- Jake, attempting to win the Fire King's favor, asks him what his favorite thing is. He says koala bears.
Jake (pretending to be a koala bear): Eucalyptus! EEEEEEUUUUCALYPTUS!
Fire King: ...I don't like koalas anymore.
- At one point Flame Princess turns some fire denizens into flame cats just for whispering about her, which prompts Flambo to say this:
Flambo: Heeey, so that's where I came from!
- Flambo's voice and general mannerisms remain funny throughout the episode.
Flambo: I cast flame shield on ya's. Also I spat on ya's.
"Hot to the Touch"
"Five Short Graybles"
- In one scene:
- A little one from Flame Princess, as she's calmly setting the Goblin Village on fire: "Hmmm... Needs more... fire." She's doing this as calmly as somebody cleaning and decorating their bedroom.
- NEPTR's back!
- Even Finn's last encounter with the Flame Princess, one of the saddest scenes in the entire series, has one very funny moment: The Princess assumes that Finn is a water elemental because, as she tells him: "You cry and cry all the time". Visibly embarrassed, Finn nervously denies this.
- Near the end of the episode:
"Dream of Love"
- Finn's underwhelming attempt at mimicking Jake's acrobatic stunts.
- The flashback to Finn's overly-long fingernails.
- "I'm gonna take a nap while you grow out your fingernails."
- "Try to stay calm! Greet your fate with dignity..." Then the two flies start freaking out.
- Finn's reaction to Ed spinning a web.
- "Yeah, you MOMMY!"
- "I guess we're never gonna eat again, because I catch all the food, and your butt is dysfunctional!"
- "Love like theirs will always find a way. It'll crawl right up on you and drain your body fluids, poisoning you slowly until you pass out!"
"Return to the Nightosphere"
- When Mr. Pig and Tree Trunks's public displays of affection disrupt Bubblegum's concert:
Princess Bubblegum: Cinnamon Bun, do something!
Cinnamon Bun: ...Okay. Hey everyone, the concert is over!
Princess Bubblegum: That's not what I...
Cinnamon Bun: The concert's over, princess!
- "You two need to hide your love, or else you'll end up making the whole world throw up!"
- Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig try to "hide their love" by making out in random out-of-the-way spots, like under the floorboards in Finn and Jake's closet, or in a baby carriage, or inside a book Turtle Princess was about to read, or even inside a cheese sandwich Finn is in the middle of making.
- "I'M FREAKING OUT!!!"
"Daddy's Little Monster"
- ANYTHING involving the jail guard.
- Finn's reaction to the full landscape of the Nightosphere.
- Finn and Jake realizing that they're next in line... to go into another line.
- This part:
Finn: How long have you been in this line?
Big Demon: How... long? (starts crying)
Finn: Oh, butt-traps. Jake, stretch us to the front.
A lot of demons, collectively: NO CUTTING!!
Big Demon: I WILL KILL YOU WITH ALL MY HOPES AND REGRETS.
- Pay close attention to the small idiot demons in the jail as Finn and Jake converse with the guard. Just look at them and what they're doing. Then try not to laugh. They're acting like a bunch of idiot babies, rolling around on the floor, clapping, flailing... Once you notice their antics, it's impossible to watch those scenes without giggling.
"In Your Footsteps"
- "Let's bury the hatchet! See how I'm not killing you?"
- Jake's line "Ow! My hippocampus!" as the explanation for how they lost their memory forced me to pause and just reflect on how hilarious that line was.
- The scene where Marceline proceeds to offer "Pain, Pleasure, or Weird Punishment" as the new Lord of Evil.
- The part where the guy who berated Finn and Jake for trying to cut was not let back in line:
Demon: Sorry, dude, you got out of line, I—
Guy we're talking about: DANG IT!!
- What about the scene when Marceline finds out her dad tricked her?
Marceline: Dad, you tricked me?
Marceline: Dad, that sucks.
- Finn and Jake finding out just what those bananas are.
- Finn's Non Sequitur rap:
(Jake beat boxing)
"Yeaaaahhh... Uuuuuhnnnn... Political Rap, yo... yo... Demon apathy! Yo zappity! Get ready! Government! Where you went? Yo... Farmer's market! Ride bikes. Get on it. Geodesic domes. Science! You HEARD?!
- During the Iris Out to the bear's party, Jake quickly blurting out "I knew it."
- When Bubblegum reveals that no one actually mistook the bear for Finn, Jake (who was convinced the bear was trying to steal Finn's identity) is in the background looking nervous and literally shrinking back.
"Princess Monster Wife"
- "Is this an extra butt?!"
- "And don't tell me it's cuz I have repressed emotional feelings for Cinnamon Bun!"
- This exchange:
- The scene with the protective candy dad defending his daughter with a candy cane shotgun complete with him making "pew" noises as it actually shoots.
- During the scene where Jake and Beemo find Finn after his hug wolf rampage, Princess Bubblegum is seen randomly chasing a cat in the background.
- "We're mad, but we're not gonna go down there..."
NO MORE HUGS! NO MORE HUGS! NO MORE HUGS! Random person in crowd: WITHOUT CONSENT!
- "Can I get a hug?" "JAKE!!!!!"
- And, of course, the ending, a rather horrifying Brick Joke when you remember the alpha hug-wolf got hit by one of the flaming globs of evil spewed by the dying Tree of Blight.
- "Beemo! STROBE LIGHT MODE!"
- "Somebody broke into my house and stole my lumps!"
- Jake's nonchalant reaction to LSP assuming the thief is making out with her lumps: "Heh, heh... gross!"
- "They're our limp, sleepy children!"
- The Ice King's song. The lyrics and atmosphere are heartwarming, but its execution is hilarious. He's singing to a tape recorder playing a cheesy, pop ballad song, and he even has back-up vocals on a different tape recorder.
- The Ice King makes his wife a dress using a sewing machine. Then he sews a sock to it. Then he sews an empty pizza box to it. Then he sews his BEARD to it.
- All of the Ice King's names for his penguins.
- The "normal people" on the Ice King's TV.
- "Lady parts."
- PMW giving Turtle Princess's head to LSP.
- Muscle Princess kissing her arm.
"Beyond This Earthly Realm"
- Peppermint Butler, for no apparent reason, was buried under Finn and Jake's lawn. He popped out to tell them that the princess had a message. It was never explained why Pepbut was buried underground. Finn and Jake were just as confused as us. Perhaps he tunneled there.
- The creation of Goliad in the flashback:
Finn: What did you use to create her?
Princess Bubblegum: Huh? Oh, you know, the usual Candy Person soup.
[Scene switches to Princess Bubblegum dumping various pieces of oversized candy into a vat. Along with Cinnamon Bun who hurriedly gets out of the vat.]
- Princess Bubblegum casually revealing that she's acting weird because she hasn't slept for 83 hours.
- The candy babies acting... well, like goofy, out of control babies- one of whom is painting the candy mama's face.
- The fat candy mama in general- especially her nonchalant reactions to the chaos in the nursery.
Mama: Settle down, everyone!
- Jake's randomly shouting at the kids: "I'M DON JUAN CHERRY TEMPO!" And Goliad later tries to repeat all of this word for word, hilariously flubbing it.
- The scene where Finn is trying to distract his mind away from PB's plan. He imagines various odd things, such as PB's head turning into a dolphin, PB turning into a bunch of little PBs, then melting, Finn rolling up the grass and smothering PB with it, and several dancing Finn babies.
- A more Meta example, or fridge humor. The fact that PB's attempt to create a replacement for Lemongrab backfired in the worst way. Most fans couldn't think of a scenario that was worse than Lemongrab taking the throne. Then Goliad came along... Apparently, Lemongrab is still the rightful heir, which is exactly what PB was trying to avoid by creating Goliad.
- "Heeeeeeeeey, Jaaaake! Is Finn hooooooome?" Cue Jake turning away with a deadpan "Euw..."
- LSP wearing a Squeezy Mart shopping bag and caked-on lipstick (which was actually the juice from a fruit pie!)
- LSP half-conscious and drooling on the couch.
- "Heeeeeeeey, Girl!" "HEEEEEEEEEEY, GIIIIIIIIIRL!"
- The title card. Sexy, busty LSP reclining on a couch.
- Turtle Princess's voice. Steve Little has fine-tuned her voice to the funniest, lowest, crackiest voice imaginable.
- "THESE LUMPS ARE NOT FOR SALE, BILLY!" Cue LSP throwing a fruit pie at a vulture in a tree. Turtle Princess later goes out on a date with the vulture.
- LSP stripping off her bag-dress and swinging it around like a stripper.
- While going on an adventure, LSP struggles to lift... two small rocks, as Jake (who has shapeshifted into a box with legs) is carrying the rest.
- LSP accuses a swarm of ants of trying to get her lumps.
- After Finn and LSP exchange a genuinely sweet, heartwarming few words about inner beauty, Jake yells at LSP and tells her to stop wearing garbage. LSP blissfully floats out of the window, ignoring him.
- While on an adventure, LSP gets a call from Turtle Princess, who tells LSP that she thinks the vulture is cute, and she wants to ask him out.
- LSP's ringtone- it's Turtle Princess saying "Heeeeey, Giiiirl!"
- LSP trying to be sexy for Finn, who totally ignores her.
- Finn and Jake taking pity on LSP and letting her work as their "Adventure Secretary."
- "LSP, you're wearing garbage for clothes!!" Because someone had to say it.
"Sons Of Mars"
- A rogue cookie is hell-bent on taking Princess Bubblegum's crown, and he starts taking hostages. Princess Bubblegum offers him "a really big cowboy hat" instead, which he promptly refuses.
- Finn's battle-cry. "ALVIN'S HOT JUICEBOX ALVIN'S HOT JUICEBOX!"
- Jake's fake back-story for himself about being a milkman who wants to be a mailman.
- The Poo-Brain horse disguise, complete with protruding tongue and dilated pupils, is back in all its majestic glory! Made even funnier due to the fact that you can tell it's a trap: there's a prominent yellow ring around its middle with an arm holding a spear sticking out, making it obvious that a Banana Guard is in the suit.
- Baby-Snaps's reaction to his hilariously failed attempt at suicide.
- For bonus points, the scene where Baby-Snaps actually falls to his "death" was depicted in a very poignant way, so seeing him mangled and shattered, but still alive and conscious makes for extreme Mood Whiplash.
- Some of the mildly unsettling posters on the walls of the Candy Kingdom mental hospital, messily written by the patients, apparently: "You'r (sic) special," "Don't Run," and "Stay Calm."
- The fact that the tiny little chocolate chip on Baby-Snaps's forehead is wearing an equally tiny little straightjacket!
- Also doubles as a HUGE Heartwarming Moment and Awesome Moment of Crowning, appropriately: when Jake places the crown of the Grass Kingdom upon Baby-Snaps's head, he has the biggest, most gleeful, irrepressible grin on his face.
- After Magic Man transforms the deer from "No One Can Hear You" into a telescope and tosses it aside, deliberately not reversing the spell, his jovial, nonchalant response is hilarious:
Magic Man: You're welcome!
- When Magic Man throws a rock at Finn's head.
- "You succu-butt!!"
- "Come on, let's go to my house! COOOME OOOON, LET'S GO TO MAH HOOOUUUUSE!!!"
- The way bloated Jake!Magic Man flies off as he sings this.
- Finn upon seeing Magic Man's house:
Finn: How long have you had this house?
Magic Man: Yes, that is true!
- "Euw... What am I STEPPING in?!" "That's where I blow my nose all day!"
- When Finn asks Magic Man about the picture of Margles, he starts singing and sounds like a complete lunatic.
Magic Man: Meeemories, drift in and out of my mind, and the little people get left behiiiind, SO WHAAATEVEERRR!!!
- All of those drawings by Grod, which portrayed the hideous torture of the Martians in crude, clearly child-like drawings.
- Every time Abraham Lincoln speaks. Strongly helped by the fact that Pen Ward alternates between Chewing the Scenery and just outright shouting his lines.
- When Finn and Jake fly back to Earth screaming, Finn crashes through Magic Man's roof, and lands by giving Magic Man a really hard punch in the head, leaving him unconscious, lying on the floor.
- The manticorn's bizarre speech at the end.
Tiny Manticore: I am the true coward; hiding from sincere expressions like a vampire in the nude who hides from the light. Thank you, brave hero. I was freed from bottle-jail, but my new prison is shame. MY NEW PRISON IS SHAME!
Finn: What's he saying?
Jake: [Who stretched his ear to hear] He said "My new prison is shame".
- Jake's "Bacon Pancakes" song.
- Princess Bubblegum lets herself into Finn and Jake's house to collect taxes.
- Jake's Dream Sequence when he falls asleep during Princess Bubblegum's lecture
Jake: Where am I?
(the camera pans over to show a tiny giraffe, a tiny snowman and a tiny version of Tree Trunks)
Tiny Snowman: Jake, you're president now!
Jake: Oh my gosh!
(Jake proceeds to sway back and forth while the tiny snowman, giraffe and Tree Trunks all clap.)
- Finn's repeated high-pitched shrieks when surprised by Princess Bubblegum.
Jake: Okay Princess, you need to stop breaking in here.
- Natasha Allegri's take on how Burning Low + Fionna and Cake should be handled◊.
- Jake's reaction to The Reveal and Princess Bubblegum's demand to be taken to Finn and Flame Princess. First, he calmly turns off the oven. Second, he stretches his arms and grabs Bubblegum. Then, he inflates his head, and smashes it into the wall of the kitchen, which he carries Bubblegum through.
- The final scene.
Bubblegum: (after watching Finn and Flame Princess walk hand in hand) Oh Finn...
- Jake describing the "Tiers of love" to Finn (half of which make absolutely no sense outside of Jake's relationship with Lady Rainicorn.) He then flips out when Finn asks what tier 15 is.
Finn: What about tier 15?
Jake: YOU STAY AWAY FROM THAT!!
- Jake tells PB that Finn has a girlfriend:
Princess Bubblegum: (gossipy)
Ooh, a lady-friend! Do tell! Jake:
Uh, I shouldn't say. It's his business. Princess Bubblegum:
Aw, come on. You can tell me. Jake:
That's his personal business. Ya gotta respect the man's P-biz. Princess Bubblegum:
Okay, you're right. I'll respect it. Jake: FLAME PRINCESS. HE'S HANGIN' OUT WITH FLAME PRINCESS!
- Jake randomly applying women's makeup to his face. Including a swirl of lipstick on his face.
- Watching Beemo pretend to be a gritty detective is hilarious and adorable at the same time.
- Beemo "interrogating" a remote control.
- "I feel like I got hit with... a Dracula... by King Kong."
- "Our chicken's name is Lorraine?"
"Lady & Peebles"
- Phil randomly pops out of Peppermint Butler's back and shouts "SATORI!" in a high-pitched voice while throwing a spoon at Finn's head.
- When Finn and Jake are reunited in the dream:
Finn: I was just in some other part of the dream with Princess Bubblegum and Flame Princess.
Jake: Make-out dreams? Nice.
- When the Ice King finds Finn and Jake:
Ice King: Fionna, Cake, I need your help!
Jake: What did you say?
- Lady Rainicorn's voice, and the scene where she's helping Jake tape that present.
- Many parts of the episode were just so bizarre; it was no surprise when Pen said that the episode was inspired by YouTube Poops.
- The snowing LSPs.
- The Ice King running around in circles.
- PB having coffee with The Lich.
- Finn's dream sword turning into a shark? Horrifying. Finn screaming like a little girl at the sight and causing the wall behind him to crack like it's glass? Hilarious.
- "My life energy? I use that!"
"You Made Me!"
- "I'll use my BALLBLAMBURGLURBUR!"
- Jake's reaction to Rainicorn reveals to him that she's pregnant. He has a ridiculous mixture of shock, horror, and bafflement on his face as he gasps out the final line of the episode in a strangled voice:
Jake: I'm puppies!?
- Before the girls enter the cave, Lady Rainicorn gives a long set of dialogue in Korean, to which Princess Bubblegum simply replies "Hmm, I suppose that's true".
- Although it becomes a lot less funny when you learn what she's talking about: a recurring nightmare where zombies attack her family. Knowing Adventure Time, this was deliberate.
- Ice King taking Ricardio escaping, and his broken bones and such rather well.
Ice King: It hurt, oh boy. How 'bout a hug? Please? I need it...
- Princess Bubblegum attempting to be civil towards the Ice King, who's extremely happy about his maraca heart up to the point of being obnoxious, and, fed up, she just shouts: "ICE KING, PLEASE LEAVE!"
- Finn's frantic warning when he wakes up:
Finn: Princess, Ricardio's back, and he's peacocking hardcore!"
"Who Would Win"
"The Hard Easy"
- The fact that Princess Bubblegum asked for three candy people to volunteer to live with Lemongrab, and they responded by assembling an ANGRY MOB!
- All those noises Lemongrab makes. There's no way to spell them. He just opens his mouth to say meaningless, stuttering syllables.
- Lemongrab's self-revelation, and Starchie's response:
Princess Bubblegum: *bursts into the room, turns on lights* Lemongrab!
Earl of Lemongrab: *winces* GNAAAAA!
Princess Bubblegum: Why are you stalking my peeps?!
Earl of Lemongrab: I AM WITHIN MY RIGHTS!
Princess Bubblegum: Yeah, but what are you doing?! *Lemongrab glares at her and hunches over* You're freakin' me out!
Earl of Lemongrab: AAAAAAI AM THE EARL...
Princess Bubblegum: Yeah?
Earl of Lemongrab: ...the urrrl... OF NOTHING!!! *shoves head into window backwards* Uuhh...
Princess Bubblegum: WAIT! What do you mean, "nothing?"
Earl of Lemongrab: *head still in window, points at PB* CASTLE LEMONGRAB HAS NO CITIZENS!!! YOOOU HAVE EXCESS CANDIES!!! YOU MUST DONATE!!! DONAAAAAATE!!!
Starchie: In your dreams, you freak!
- The calm way in which PB tries to deal with the situation.
- When Lemongrab says "The earl of nothing," it sounds more like "The urrrrrrrl..." And when he says that, the pitch of his voice lowers about two octaves. He didn't even sound like LG.
- The promo art. It shows the Pup Gang pelting a basketball at a poor, squished-looking Jake, who looks completely startled and is farting.
- The Banana Guards didn't tell Princess Bubblegum about Lemongrab spying on people because they found Lemongrab's intrusions to be funny and entertaining. They watched it on their monitors for TWO WEEKS before Finn and Jake tattled.
- Princess Bubblegum tries to get Lemongrab to be more empathetic towards candy people. She hands Crunchy to Lemongrab. He pokes him... then starts slapping him, then randomly bolts up with a shout of "PUT YOU IN MY OVEN! IT'S GROOOSS!!".
- Crunchy is either a full grown Candy Person or a baby with the voice of a gruff old man. It's hard to tell which one makes the scene funnier.
- When Lemongrab meets his new friend Lemongrab (another Lemongrab), he greets him by poking him in the face. Lemongrab 2 doesn't mind at all, and starts poking Lemongrab in the face. This scene lasts for a while, until they both stop and smile. And they exchange Eskimo kisses.
- At one point, Lemongrab screams. Lemon Camel is lying near by. Lemongrab jumps on the poor resting creature's back, and Lemon Camel's expression is one of pure terror, and it runs off into the distance with Lemongrab on its back.
- After Lemongrab has a nervous breakdown, he runs through the castle ground screaming, and... starts ripping off his clothes.
- Rather than go live with Lemongrab, Mr. Cupcake BREAKS HIS OWN ARM.
- This exchange as Princess Bubblegum catches Lemongrab spying on a sleeping Starchy:
Princess Bubblegum: Hey!
Lemongrab: *nonchalantly* Huh?
Princess Bubblegum: What happened to your new citizens?!
Lemongrab: *still nonchalant* They didn't understand my lemon styles. I like this way better.
- A note on the above example. Even funnier is that closed captioning reveals that Lemongrab doesn't say "Lemon Styles." He says "Lemon Stylez". How Gangsta of you, Lemongrab!
- Lemongrab IS gangsta. The dialogue is actually written as "lemon stylez" and "candy stylez" in the original storyboards.
- An otherwise serious moment is interrupted by another Lemongrab walking into the room, naked, and asking: "Hello? Am I in the right room?" Lemongrab squints and says: "NNNUH?! WHO'S THIS RIGAMAROLL?!"
- There's a bit of a Accidental Innuendo in the schedule listing when this episode gets paired up with "The Hard Easy".
- "A LEMON GIVES BY TAKING!" "AND CARES BY YELLING!"
- Some non-Lemongrab related (well, not directly): when Princess Bubblegum remembers the Pup Gang at Castle Lemongrab, Finn and Jake decide to finish things off accordingly. Jake then assumes a large form with spikes, an axe for a tail, and two flails handing from his sides. When Princess Bubblegum tells them that she has to try to reason with Lemongrab, Finn immediately agrees and Jake adopts a flowery mane and fluffy tail, telling Princess Bubblegum to hope on. PB proceeds to jump into Jake's mouth, is swallowed whole, and emerges from a hole Jake makes right behind Finn. And she looks exactly the same.
"Reign of Gunthers"
- The leader of the mud scamps is pretty amusing, with his tendency towards malapropism and going on tangents.
Chieftan: Alright, let's cut the cheese.
Mud Scamp: "Cut to the chase."
- A pair of mud scamps are seen preparing for the possibility of having to move to the city... by standing around in fedoras.
- After getting lost, Jake raises his head above the trees to find where they are. Unfortunately, there is mist surrounding the trees. Then he gets struck by lightning.
- When Finn and Jake decide to build a fire, they try various methods of friction to get it started. Jake attempts to light a stick on fire by spinning it between his hands, but somehow ends up stabbing himself in the face. In pain, he rises above the trees and gets struck by lightning again.
- Really, all their attempts at making fire are hilarious.
Finn:(Writes "FIRE" on the ground with a stick) ...I dunno.
- "Argh! He's eating me! Gently eating me! No teeth, mostly tongue..."
- Finn dramatically kissing the Mega-Frog.
- Prince Huge's over-the-top, Sailor Moon-esque transformation- complete with ribbons and the obligatory nudity.
"I Remember You"
- The Ice King's web search history:
- The simple fact that Gunther's affinity for bottle-breaking is part of the plot.
- Also, the part where the Ice King is leaving to get a new wishing eye. He tells Gunther to try not to break anything while he's out, and seconds later, Gunther is smashing the contents of the Ice King's refrigerator on the floor.
- The secret entrance to Wizard City.
Ice King: Wizards rule. (Fake cliff disappears)
- Ice King (unsuccessfully) flirting with Huntress Wizard.
Ice King: I was just steppin' to ya, girl, with my intellectual wizard politics!
- "I didn't hear nothin' about no secret wizard club that I wanna be a part of!"
- When racing toward the Candy Kingdom, Finn, who is riding an enlarged Jake, urges him to hurry, then realizes that he's still in his pajamas. Cue Jake turning around so Finn can change.
- The conversation about the bad dating advice Finn got from Jay T. Doggzone's book Mind Games.
- "You'll never get past these walls, I think...!"
- The Banana Guards and Gumball Guardians both proving to be completely useless against the Gunther army, as well as PB's reaction.
- "Breaking news! This mystery plan of yours is a smash hit! ...Because of the glass... because all they care about is bottles, heh."
- The anticlimactic ending where Ice King shows up and takes back his magic wishing eye from Gunther, scolding her like the penguin who nearly took over the Land of Ooo with an army of shape-shifting clones was a mischievous child.
- The return of Gunther's baby kitty. Who can now fire lasers!!
- Ice King singing his own version of Marceline's song from "It Came From the Nightosphere"
- Gunther suffering a Jaw Drop and dropping his popcorn and soda on the floor upon seeing the Ice King in a huge black wig.
- Finn's split-second Cat Smile while spying on the Ice King.
- When Ice King flies into Marceline's cave yelling "MARCELIIIINE! ARE YOU THERE?!" She just stands there, almost as if in fear of what's going to happen, before softly muttering "No..."
- "I'll even split the fans with you! I'll get the princesses, and you'll get... whatever it is you're into." After all the hooplah over the supposed lesbian subtext between Marceline and Bubblegum in "What Was Missing", you get the feeling the writers are trolling the audience with that one.
- "Your constant harassment of the female gender makes me sick."
- Even Ice King is surprised when Marceline says he can stay.
Finn & Jake: Wha?!
Ice King: Yeah, wha?
- Finn and Jake awkwardly leaving after Marceline agrees to let the Ice King hang out.
- Ice King getting himself helplessly tangled in his Amp cord.
- And then he says he sort of likes it. "Kind of freak-ay."
- Before it turns into a Tear Jerker, Ice King's princess song is something to behold.
- Ice King climbing on top of Marceline's refrigerator after his Freak Out is funny, in a sad sort of way. Five seconds after meekly promising to stay out of her way, he's deliberately rustling his beard over her head.
Ice King: Whatcha got, an apple?
- The newspaper clipping◊ from before the war is full of these, tragic as it may be. If it's not the bored, unprofessional writing in the article, it's the fact that Ice King started to write "working on my personality" before changing it to "pecs".
- But that could be him misspelling "PECS" as "PEKS".
- This line:
Billy: What the heck are you guys doing in my crack?! It's three o'clock in the morning!
- The fact that it was The Lich makes it even funnier.
- When Finn and Jake are collecting the gems from the crowns of various Ooo royalty.
- The scene with PB experimenting with the tiny candy people, although it may be scary to some.
- The scene is lightened at least a bit by Finn and Jake's Epic Fail at sneaking into her room.
- "Billy"'s solution to getting rid of the Lich:
"Billy:" I'm gonna push the Lich in there.
- After the montage of collecting the gems:
Jake: So Billy, how many more of these do we need? 2? 1?
Jake: ...Well? 2 or 1?
"Billy": *indicates 1 with his finger*
Season 5 part one
"Finn the Human/Jake the Dog"
Five More Short Graybles
Up A Tree
- Finn and Jake treating a book of nursery rhymes like a Tome of Eldritch Lore, followed by them spending the rest of the episode sticking their thumbs into stuff.
- Tree Trunks accidentally bumps into a statue that has a single fist raised, back-of-hand to observers, and runs off to report the perceived offense to the police. It later turns out Shelby (the worm that lives in Jake's viola) was reading while relaxing on the statue's fist, and called down to Tree Trunks from a vertical position in the middle of the fist.
- Tree Trunks trying to get together an angry mob... consisting of Cinnamon Bun and two gum-drop girls. Armed with pantyhose and stockings full of balled-up newspaper.
- When the mob tries to confront the statue, Cinnamon Bun puts on the pantyhose and dances instead of using it to fight.
- Later, Cuber mocks the viewers for potentially guessing incorrectly that the theme of these graybles was the five fingers, lampshading that the characters in these stories have Four-Fingered Hands.
- The Ice King proposing marriage to his foot. And being tempted to cheat by his other foot.
All The Little People
- Finn and Jake pretending to be a "real" dog and owner is as hilarious as it is adorable.
Jake: I call dog and you be human! [running] Dog! Dog dog dog dog dog!
Finn: You mean "bark!"
Jake: Oh yeah. Heh. Bark! Bark bark bark...
Finn: Hello! I'm a human! Hello! I'm a human!
- The Running Gag of the squirrel answering questions with "Yes, and no..."
- There's also Finn and Jake treating Finn being shrunken like it's an everyday occurrence.
- The girlish scream Finn lets out when the porcupine (or was it a hedgehog?) impales itself on his behind.
Jake The Dad
- "C-listers, go back in the bag!"
- The blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene of Mini-Finn riding on Mini-Lemon Camel while Mini-Lemongrab chases them.
- Finn experiments a relationship with himself and Flame Princess, and then throws Princess Bubblegum into the mix. Hilarity Ensues.
Finn: PB's working out now!
*cut to an angry, more-built Princess Bubblegum lifting weights and grunting*
- When Finn initially drops Bubblegum between himself and Flame Princess, she turns to Finn and then to Flame Princess as though considering her options, and then stares straight ahead whistling.
- Magic Man's single, random scene.
- The various Crack Pairings Finn cooks up and their results, including...
- Mr. Cupcake and LSP. With LSP flaunting her lady lumps.
- Turtle Princess spanking Zergiok's butt non-stop.
- Marceline licking Peppermint Butler constantly.
- Ice King and Beemo.
- Something tells me the writer paired a few of these for a sort of Ascended Fanon, as if some parts of the fanbase were shipping these pairs.
- Finn's general detachment from reality in favor of manipulating the little people, reminiscent of a The Sims addict, or an avid user of tumblr.
Jake: (waving his hand in front of Finn's face) Hello, Earth to Finn! Are you okay?
Finn: (staring at the little people on the table) ... YES.
- Finn breaks up little Jake and Lady; with little Finn eventually taking little Jake's place. Actual Jake's reaction:
Jake: AAAAAAAGGHH!! *pounds on table* WHAT THE BALL, MAN?!
- Jake still trying to get Finn to stop reading Jay T. Doggzone's books.
Jake: You stay up all night readin' trash books? I'm tellin' ya, those dating books... that stuff is mess you up.
- When Jake refuses to read any more of "Baby-Eating Fox and the Babies" to his kids, T.V. pouts and throws a rubber duck at him, knocking Jake's hat off. Jake then uses his shape-shifting powers to grow his head into the shape of a hat, smiling serenely as he does.
- The Foxes deciding to eat babies after reading "Baby-Eating Fox and the Babies."
- The look the butterfly gives Jake when he tells his kids it might have "too much germs".
- Jake's Flashback:
(Jake's Mom and a young Jake are on a city street, in front of a cobra)
Jake's Mom: Stay back Jakey, my manual says it's too dangerous.
Jake: Mom, your manual's a bunch of junk. look what I can do!
(Little Jake turns his arm into a larger, muscley arm and punches out the snake, then starts giggling.)
Jake's Mom: Oh... dear... glob...
- Jake apologizing to his kids after realizing he was being over-protective.
Jake: I'm super-proud, y'all, and I'm duper-sorry too. I've been trying to make you know about safety without actually learning about safety the way I did, by not listening my mom when that snake jumped out of the policeman's boombox.
- Jake repeating this to Lady seconds later.
- Finn and Beemo at the end of the episode. Beemo's dancing on Finn holding two pieces of bread while Finn has Beemo's controller in his mouth.
- Jake tearily stating how much he loves his little babies...and then using Jake Jr. to dab the tears away.
- Lady Rainicorn's reaction on seeing Jake being pulled her away by some foxes, she tells her kids to "give Daddy a hand" in a somewhat nonchalant manner as if she wasn't worried.
- The sheer randomness of the names Jake gives his kids. Charlie, Jake Jr. (who is female), T.V., Viola, and Kim Kil Whan.
- The kids having a Plot-Relevant Age-Up by the end.
- "FINN! Uh... HAVE DINNER WITH ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! FINN! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! FINN!"
- The Banana Guards making police siren noises and doing Airplane Arms as they arrive to break up a fight between two of Finn's fans.
- Finn, in disguise as Davey Johnson, rubbing his stomach to adjust his voice.
- Not just rubbing his stomach — he was manipulating the computer he swallowed that lets him autotune his voice when he sings. The Brick Joke's, they just keep coming...
- Finn (as Davey), goes to work for a shopowner who inexplicably looks like Davey himself, sweeping brooms with a broom.
- Finn talking to his false mustache.
- The mustache talking back after Finn ditches his Davey identity and attaches the mustache to a candy horse's butt.
- BMO crying when Finn shaved his hair off, and saying that his Davey disguise (a balding, mustachioed man) looked "like the devil."
- When Finn first emerges from the house as Davey, the fanatic crowd disperses, one of them muttering that they thought it was Finn... because he's wearing Finn's exact clothes.
All Your Fault
- "Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear!"
- During this part, the Ice King is giving the earl the most priceless "What the hell is your problem, you psycho?!" expression. Let's go over that again: even the ICE KING thinks Lemongrab is a total freak!
- As LG yells the aforementioned line, he's turning his head around like Pinocchio to read the words on the wall behind him. Cue everyone giving him funny looks.
- Shelby's charismatic recitation of the words inscribed on the wall of the dungeon.
- Lemongrab, clearly angry and pointy-toothed, asks the Ice King how he tastes.
Ice King: "Nice, I guess."
*Ice King has a brief flashback of himself practice-kissing with his hand.*
Ice King: "Kinda lonely."
- The fact that the Ice King kidnapped four people and went through a death-trapped dungeon, finally breaking through to the life-creating being within...to make the characters from his fanfiction real.
- And the fact that makes it all funnier is that the characters didn't come to life at all. The book itself did.
- When a rat snatches one of Tree Trunks' pies with its mouth, Lemongrab knocks it out and then eats the mush left over in the rat's mouth!
Lemongrab: *omnomnom* ...acceptable. *omnomnom*
- Shelby was absolute gold throughout the entire episode. First, there's his response to Lemongrab eating the pie out of the rat's mouth.
Shelby: Um, Lemongrab...
Lemongrab: *Looks up from eating* Wwwhat?
Shelby: Never mind.
- Tree Trunks cutting her way out of the fish's belly with a knife. Hardcore.
- At the end of the episode:
- Lemongrab constantly calling Tree Trunks "Slave Trunks." AFTER apologizing to her. "I am sorry. Make me food, slave."
- When the Ice King tries to pull Tree Trunks back, he asks for help. Lemongrab half-heartedly reaches out his hand, looking like he couldn't care less.
- In the room filled with steam Ice King tells everyone that if he dies they can eat his body. Cue Lemongrab pulling his lower jaw back revealing several rows of sharp teeth.
Bad Little Boy
- "First one in is... um... the first one in!"
- "Hats can be anything: pants, other people... it's fine!"
- BMO smacking Finn on the butt after Little Dude ruins the dinner he made for Finn and Jake.
Jake: Heh heh, BMO hit you on the butt...
- Finn doing a bodyslam from above on the Sleeping Magi, whispering "ninja". Then Jake turns into a big fat guy and lands on the Magi as well.
- After possessing a candy person, Little Dude punches out a gummi horse outside a candy saloon. Then a candy cowboy comes out and does the Dramatic Gun Cock with both hands being Finger Guns. Then Little Dude hits him with a lamp-post.
- Little Dude fighting Finn, Jake and the Magi by throwing a horse at them. Twice.
Sleeping Magi: Look out! He's got the horse again!
- At the end, Finn's original hat leaves so he has to get a new one. Jake's solution?
Jake: (transforms his hand into a blade) Let's go skin an evil bear.
Vault Of Bones
- Lumpy Space Prince looking and sounding exactly like Lumpy Space Princess... except with a small peach fuzz stache.
- Marshall Lee summons an army of frightening skeletons...and then one of them starts beatboxing for him. Cue Boastful Rap.
- This entire sequence:
Ice King, stop, please... This story is terrible! Wildberry Princess:
Maybe it's a new form of torture! Ice King:
Oh, come on! It's a first draft. Don't hate! And besides, that story had everything. Action, adventure, a hotter, older guy
... Wildberry, don't pretend. I know you like the silver foxes
. Wildberry Princess: [Look of fear] Ice King: [Raises his eyebrows suggestively] Wildberry Princess: [Look of horror] Ice King
: [Raises his eyebrows suggestively faster] Wildberry Princess
: [Look of absolute terror] Ice King
: [Raises his eyebrows suggestively even faster]
- "My shirt is, like, FILLED with cream puffs!"
- "Aw, my cheek meat!"
The Great Bird Man
Simon and Marcy
- "DO THE SPLITS, THOU MILK-LIVERED MAGGOT!"
- Flame King interrupting Finn and Fire Princess's card game:
Flame King: EVIL! Evilevilevilevil-Oh! I'm sorry, I thought my daugher was alone. Excuse me...I'll just...
- Before he leaves, the Flame King says to Jake "Nice teapot".
- Worried about Flame Princess' tendency to solve any problem with fire, Finn tries to suggest a less dangerous place for their next date:
Finn: Maybe next time we should just go to, like, a farmer's market or something.
Flame Princess: And burn it.
- One that sadly got cut after the first airing. As Finn and Flame Princess are walking through the dungeon, FP comments on how boring it's getting before making this observation:
Flame Princess: At least he's got a cute butt.
- Flame Princess and the Skeleton Man:
Skeleton: Hey! What are you doing here?
Flame Princess: (gleefully) Burning you alive!
"A Glitch Is a Glitch"
- Simon and Marceline find a video tape in the ruins. Simon asks Marcy if she wants to watch a movie. He then holds up the tape, looking at it a moment, then:
Simon: Man, this is a boooring movie.
Simon: I liked the book much better! [*chuckles*]
- Simon's attempt at riding a motorcycle. It revs out of control, slams into a wall and explodes.
- After Simon breaks into the soup shop by throwing a chair at the window:
Simon: Vandalism is wrong, Marcy.
- Finding out that the food van only supplied clams
[Marceline does so, then Simon starts kicking the door]
- Marcy's deadpan assessment of the situation at the end.
- The first time Simon sings the Cheers theme song is pretty hilarious.
- A meta example is Marcy's reaction to the first time he does it, which is probably a Lamp Shade Hanging of the fact that many younger viewers will not get the Cheers reference.
- And then she hits the "mute button". Cue Simon mouthing words as though he's been muted.
- At one point, it seems as though Simon's going to put on the crown to fight one the nuclear nasties. Instead, he hits it on the head with it.
- This exchange:
Finn: Don't worry princess, we'll take care of this thing.
Princess Bubblegum: Oohoho, me too. *cocks handgun* I'm gunna take care of it too.
- And then when she shoots Ice King with the tranq darts with a completely calm demeanor.
- When Finn tries to animate:
Man, I don't have the patience for this animation junk. Whoever does this must have no life whatsoe—(punches himself)
OOF! ...Why did I do that??
- "You're not the last person on Ooo because I'M still here!" Cue PB making out with her hand while Ice King watches.
- Even weirder/funnier is the moment where PB pulls her own hand away and says, "No." As if her own hand was trying to slip her some tongue without consent or something...
- (Princess Bubblegum bends down in front of Ice King) "Hey, are you prayin' to me? I'm into this! (PB lifts up Ice King's robe and gets it stuck on his crown, exposing Ice King's body.) I'm still into this. (PB shoves him to the ground.) ...Still into it..."
- Finn and Jake reacting to the video Ice King sent...
- Jake remembering good times with his right arm.
- PB's hand and Jake's arm... having an affair??
- The donut guy screaming about his face... even when it goes back to normal.
- David watched "Hitman."
Jake: Yeah! I wanna kick his boingloings, too!
- ONE SECOND LATER
- Rasheeta saying that he foresaw Finn's arrival in the tea leaves, the newspaper named Tea Leaves.
"Early combat kills a wombat"
- Depressing though it may be, Old!Finn's rambling and expressions on his deathbed are absolutely hilarious.
- For example, after Finn's kids say they love him, Finn gives us this:
Finn: I remember back when I was dad.
Jay: *sighs* Dad, you are Dad.
- Also earlier Finn is out chopping wool, wool trees. Also when he chops one tree down, it falls on a pillow sheep, the tree bounces off the tree and the sheep just shakes its head like nothing happened. Then what Finn does to it is pretty funny too:
Older Finn: Pillow sheep, you've got more fluff than sense.
*Finn kisses the pillow sheep, then drop kicks it*
- "Jake... you drive a hard burger
- At the end of the episode, the Bubble asks for BMO's hand in marriage, but Jake pops it. BMO's reaction and Finn and Jake's reaction to his reaction are cruel but funny.
- However, the Bubble lives on, as air. It starts as a Heartwarming Moment, then turns into... something else.
No, see that’s what’s so great. Now we can be together forever BMO. Every minute of every day. No more privacy, no more quiet, no more alone. Every room you ever go in, I’ll already be there, waiting... forever and ever... until the end of time
. BMO: YAAAAAAAAY!!!
James Baxter The Horse
- The Running Gag with arrows coming from off-screen to hit Jake. It turns out to be the red squirrel from season 1.
- Finn and Jake coming across Bounce House Princess. Finn completely geeking out about getting to play in a bounce house is what makes the moment.
- Jake smothering Finn in his asscheeks, to try and cheer up BMO.
The Party's over, Isle de Senorita
- Jake making a large number of appropriate signs, at least for the beginning of the day, while Finn only managed a few which don't apply to much of anything.
- The fact that BMO somehow knows bikini girls who can fly.
- Finn being chased and smacked by bikini girls, and having the appropriate signs on hand. "OW OW HEY HEY"
- The entire Gainax Ending.
One Last Job
- Ice King considering Princess Bubblegum his girlfriend.
- Not to mention him duct taping her at the beginning, claiming it's a surprise.
- Ice King fighting the Party God was pretty funny, also when he manipulated his knocked out body to talk to the Island Lady.
- "Banana Guards, Take me away!"
Another Five Short Graybles
- Finn and his primitive noise band. All the funnier since it's his only scene of the episode.
- A Banana Guard is forced to drink banana-flavored milk: "Noooo, the Forbidden Flavor! It's d-d-delicious."
- Tiffany's, "Jake, I love you! I love you!" After he got caught by Jake while they were trying to escape in a van
- Cinnamon Bun freaking out over Princess Bubblegum taking his night light away, as well as his subsequent rampage over being unable to sleep without it.
Wizards Only, Fools
- Finn and Jake screwing around with some cats in the begining of the episode.
- Bubblegum giving the panicked LSP a calming injection...from a needle about three times bigger than Bubblegum herself.
- Finn is somehow able to dial PB's number on a phone just by making beepy noises into the receiver with his mouth.
- Finn's random thought about PB's wizard getup.... which is what 90% of the audience was probably thinking.
Finn: Is PB straight up naked right now?
Jake: Dude, don't make me feel more awkward than I already do.
- "Let's just stay home just kidding."
- When Finn, & Jake first encounter Wizard City, they come to a wall they can't get past. Finn uncharacteristically says he's giving up and walks away from the Wizard Wall... only to run up from a distance and ram head first into the wall to try to bust it down.
Jake: That's a nice try, man.
- Later PB arrives with the password to get through the wall which she got from Ice King. However, it has to be in his voice so she plays the entire tape of her interrogating him to get it. The entire tape is hilarious.
- Jake counting the days they were in prison.
Jake: Let's count the days! (Carving wall) One!
(The rest of the scene transpires; everyone says good night to each other. Scene shifts to the morning.)
- The ending. Good god. Just... the ending. And of course it's the classic moot Spoof Aesop ending that Adventure Time always seems to go for. Having gone to Wizard City and realizing that the cold spell was a literal cold spell, in the temperature sense, they realize that it was All for Nothing. So they decide to go back to Starchy empty-handed. Abracadaniel does his rainbow magic (which does nothing) in front of Starchy, with Starchy thinking it's healing magic. When Starchy's distracted for long enough, Finn forces him down; Princess Bubblegum just says "fuck it" and force-injects Starchy with the medicine.
Princess Bubblegum: (Parodying a magic spell) Wooble-dooble dingle-dongle— (blows raspberry) (force-injection)
Season 5 part two
Frost and Fire
Earth and Water
- The SMO's in the break room trying to drink coffee and eat donuts with their screen faces.
- The scene where BMO is connected to an SMO and the SMO vibrates. HARD.
- Finn: "But memories are real cruc." BMO: "Yeah, no foolin'."
- Finn and Princess Bubblegum trying to get past the flame guards. Turns out all they had to do was say why they need to get through.
- Any moment with Cinnamon Bun that's not a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming:
- "Wanna pet my dog? He lives at my house."
- The fact his dog is apparently a giant sponge with a mop head on top.
- "Plz feed my dog"
- This conversation after Cinnamon Bun tell's Flame Princess her own backstory
Flame Princess: IS EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD HIDING SOMETHING?!
Cinnamon Bun: It's fun to hide!
Flame Princess: You're alright. Why can't everyone be honest like you? Maybe I should just go back where I belong.
Cinnamon Bun: Do you mean baby jail?"
- After Flame Princess and Cinnamon Bun overthrow Flame King:
Flame Princess: You belong in that lamp and if you don't settle down you'll have to answer to Cinnamon Bun.
Cinnamon Bun (wearing a small flaming hat): Hi.
- And the conversation right after that between Bubblegum and Cinnamon Bun:
Princess Bubblegum: Take off that silly hat; we're going home.
Cinnamon Bun: (pats the fire pup next to him) No. Look, got a real dog now.
- Flame King's response to his imprisonment:
Flame King: Once I get out of here I'm going to ground you for real. No snacks, no friends, no poppy music.
Flame Princess: You never let me have any of those things! You were a selfish king and a bad parent!
Flame King: But I did it for you honey! For you not to overthrow me like you just did!
Guard 1: I'm just on edge cause I'm afraid Jerry here is going to find out I'm dating his sister.
Guard 2: !
- The whole thing of Magic Man getting himself super slow-mozen with Jake's perfect sandwich and the characters trying (and failing) repeatedly to break through, somehow ending with BMO, on a skateboard, followed by a giant explosion and a vampire-demon monster flying behind. In slow-mo.
- Bubblegum's nervous laugh when Finn points out she's "Like a bazillion years old. Not no freaking 19."
- Finn was apparently some sort of blob thing in a past life.
- "You made me a manservant?"
- The Bath Boy Gang Leader mispronouncing "amulet" as "omelette", as well as his reaction to Shoko correcting him.
- Just... the entire damn episode. All. Of. It.
- Ice King's eagerness to marry the Slime Princess.
- And Jake's annoyance that he keeps getting involved.
- And BMO's laugh track.
- Blargatha's horrid, "romantic" singing. "Maybe later we can get 'Do not disturb.' I'm done."
- "WRAP THOSE GORGEOUS PYTHONS AROUND ME!"
- Finn's sheer terror in the spooning competition.
- The way Finn evades Slime Princess's spooning efforts while yelling "NOOOOOOOOO!!"
- "I LOVE YOU BABY! YOU SPOON SO GOOD!
- Elder Plops never fails to be an absolute laughing riot. After Finn sings relatively well and Blargatha sings terribly in the crooning challenge:
- "There's one more trial after crooning and spooning—smooching. ...I'm sorry it doesn't rhyme with crooning and spooning."
- Jake's amusement throughout the whole ordeal as he eats a single piece of popcorn.
- Slime Princess throwing up at the end of the episode as Finn and Slime Princess attempt to kiss.
- "This is unsatisfying!"
- The fight breaking out between all the cats.
- Finn realizing that the "kingdom" was really just a bunch of cats playing in boxes after spending the entire episode taking it dead seriously.
We Fixed a Truck
- There's something hilarious about how Jake's reaction to Marceline trying to eat him is to try cooking her.
- Marceline has to be tied to a stalagmite as she gets hungrier, and she just gets more hysterically desperate to satiate it, while still staying a Deadpan Snarker.
- Marceline sucking the pink out of Bubblegum to hold herself off until they return to the surface, combined with Bubblegum's gasp of shock.
- Bubblegum using the Spoon of Prosperity to restore herself, and being so hilariously nonchalant about it.
- The fact that Ice King is still living with Finn and Jake.
- Bubblegum 's lizard doppelganger being chased by a mob of candy people.
- The crazy conspiracy theories about Bubblegum being replaced by an evil lizard proven by BMO demanding that she eat a bug.
"Root Beer Guy"
- James in general. He's just so goofy and he always does random sound effects for no reason. It helps that he's voiced by Brak.
Jake: James, I wasn't sure about you at first, but you're all right!
James: Thanks, Jake, but to be honest, I wasn't too sure about you...
"The Red Throne"
- Tree Trunks' mother.
- Lumpy Space Princess trying to crash the wedding.
- When Finn blocks LSP's way, she pushes up against him and yells this out:
Lumpy Space Princess: Get out of my way, Finn! Oh my glob! You're touching my woman's body!
- After Bubblegum arrests the True King of Ooo, Tree Trunks and the assembled guests band together, declaring her prison can't hold all of them. Cut to exactly that.
- The King chewing his way out the cell, and beating a hasty retreat.
The King: King of Ooo.com!
- Bubblegum ordering the Banana Guards to release everyone. Well, they do. Releasing the wedding party and the criminals.
- Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig being left alone in the cell. Things quickly get racey.
Mr. Pig: Wait! Don't you think there might be cameras down here?
- Princess Bubblegum's expression going from teary-eyed sweetness to Oh, Crap once Tree Trunks says that line.
- Cinnmamon Bun somehow mistaking "Get Drinks For Us" as "Walk to the Zoo and back".
- Princess Bubblegum told him to "take these drinks around for us" so he took those drinks around the forest. And still thought she told him to walk to the zoo...
- Cinnamon Bun's moves as a bartender.
- BMO being forced to keep Tree Trunks' neurotic ex-husband company, then fleeing in terror when he asks BMO to move in with him.
- "Do you promise to love honor and obey each other... and live at my compound for the next six months and do assorted small chores?"
- The official designs for the King of Ooo show that he's made out of earwax, which is as funny as it is disgusting.
"Lemonhope Part 1"
"Lemonhope Part 2"
- Simon calls Marceline to tell her important information, but Marceline uncharacteristically faints upon hearing her old friend again.
- And Finn and Jake just kinda stare at her, not knowing what the heck is going on.
- Before that, Finn and Jake telling Marcy to lower her bass. Why? Because holding it up high like that makes her "look like a nerd".
- Finn and Jake's second question for Simon? If he remembers all the times they've kicked his butt. And his response is just so deadpan.
Simon: I have...bruises.
- This exchange, given through a magical portal through space-time, yet notice Betty's reaction:
Simon: I'm a thousand years in the future, love. I opened this portal so we could say goodbye…
Betty: You're dumping me!?
- In probably the most humorous description of an And I Must Scream situation ever, Simon describes being the Ice King as being like "living with eternal diaperbutt".
- When Bella Noche negates the Ice Crown's magic, thus relieving Simon of his curse, the only thing that Grand Master Wizard has to say is "Dang. Sorry, Ice King." You can't help but be amused by the sheer irony of it.
- The very anti-climactic way Bella Noche, a magic-nullifying, all-consuming Humanoid Abomination is dealt with. A punch to the face by Betty. Well, two punches. Yep. That's apparently all it took.
- "Looking for something? Well you found me: Fat Lemongrab!"
- "I CAN'T STANDS NO MORE!"
- Lemongrab's "things".
- The freshly reconstructed Lemongrab chimes in:
- Lemonhope: "See you in a thousand years I guess." (leaves) "PEACE!"
Wake Up/Escape from the Citadel
- The way the guests at Prismo's party mock the dormant Lich by taking selfies on him.
- It's easy to ignore given the dramatic tone both before and after, but once Finn's dad exits the Citadel's atmosphere with some other prisoners, he quickly inquires, "Hey, what about air-" just before the atmosphere closes back up.
- Seeing the Lich flail around spouting frantic gibberish as he's defeated is both unexpectedly hilarious and satisfying.
- Jake regaining consciousness and opening his eyes, the first thing he sees being the Lich's aforementioned behavior. Without so much as a change of expression, he closes his eyes again and goes back to sleep.
- One of the prisoners, a clean lower-half of some sentient, takes a Groin Attack from a bouncing skull. What sells it is its "Enghuu!" as it kneels.
- Finns tower toppling over at episodes end. It's so tall that it hits the Candy Kingdom and the mountains in the background. And the kicker?
- B-Mo gets hit by a falling brick from Finn's tower so hard he's driven into the ground. He then pops back out and acts as if nothing had happened.
- Princess Bubblegum and Jake's argument over Finn degenerates to just saying "Nyaa!" to each other... with B-Mo joining in.
- Finn whispering "Hey, Dad", in an hilarious mix between creepy and innocent, right before socking PB dressed up as Martin with his emotion-fueled arm.
- Maybe not intentional, but the fact that all the bits of stuff Finn rips of the landscape to build his tower look like mine craft bricks.
- Finn (possibly) getting ushered into manhood off-screen by LSP.
Furniture and Meat
- The first thing Finn and Jake do upon being transformed into birds? Break out into an electronic rendition of Mozart's "Queen of the Night's Aria".
- Tooooo aaaaa plaaaaaaannnnnt... aaaaaaa daaaayyyy iiiiis shoooooooorrrrrt...
The Prince Who Wanted Everything
- Ever wonder what happened to the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant? Turns out he was buried under Finn and Jake's mountain of treasure.
- "I will continue to chill here until you command me!"
- LSP's almost unbearable Marty Stuness just adds that extra bit of hilarity to the episode.
- LSP uses the power of not caring to defeat the giant monster her parents turned into. This causes the monster to turn back into Good Parents... then LSP kills them anyways with another shout of "I DON'T CAAAAARE!".
- During the song number, he flies up to the sky with no issue and an eagle just randomly swoops him and carries him around Ooo as he continues his number.
- The numerous anime faces LSP makes during the episode.
Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe
Joshua and Margaret Investigations
- Ice King shouting "Leave me out of this!" when his lair is struck during the fight.
Is That You?
- When Jake calls in Peppermint Butler to handle the ghost fly, he assures him, Finn, and BMO that everything will be fine as long as he has his bag of dark magic stuff. Then the fly steals the bag. Pepbut responds by slowly putting his hat back on and then bailing out the window.
Jake the Brick
- Jake finds an exquisite bed and a glass of milk in Prismo's place and figures it's a trap. He then sleeps in it anyway.
Jake: This feels like a trap designed by some kinda sick genius.
Jake: Well... (Drinks milk and climbs into bed) Hat's off to you, sir or madam! Your trap was a success!
The Pajama Wars
- Jake lives his lifelong ambition of being a brick in a shack. He then realizes that being an inanimate object is boring.
- To pass the time, Jake decides to do an impromptu documentary and starts narrating what he sees. Finn broadcasts this to all of Ooo on radio, where it quickly becomes a smash hit.
- The rabbit that Jake focuses on gains a massive fanbase as the episode goes on. There's even merchandise for it.
- The candy people's attempts to break the closet door down. At one point, they try to blow the door down like the Big Bad Wolf.
- As the Candy People fall into chaos, Jake is just kicking back, eating nachos, and enjoying the carnage.
- When things get even more intense, Jake thinks he should do something. So he takes some selfies.
- It's Sweet P's first day of school! Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig get him all ready and when he walks out the door, he is escorted by not only Finn and Jake, but also an army of Banana Guards surrounding the house complete with a helicopter. Looks like Finn and Jake are not taking any chances with the reincarnated Lich.
Comic Book Series
- Finn absent-mindedly drinks Desert Princess's sand shake, and immediately spits it up.
- "Well, I GUESS you could say The Lich should've worn a wide-brimmed hat today, because he's spending an awful lot of time... IN THE SUN."
- PB getting more annoyed by the fact that she had to give a royal speech for over 88 121 times without realizing it than over Jake breaking his promise of not using her time machine.
- While watching NEPTR try to fix the time machine:
DO you ever worry that he'll get tired of following your orders and try to destroy us all? Finn:
- Finn and Jake trying their hands at computer hacking, and finding that Hollywood Hacking doesn't really work:
Marceline: You're not hacking! All you typed was "asdhhadjaj," and then one of you hit caps lock by accident, and then you typed "ASGHK$HANM@$$%$"!
Finn: Have we stripped the firewall's header yet?!
- Finn discovers the Mnemnoid has been stealing his memories because the Mnemnoid feeds off stories. So what does he do? Go back in time and distract Mnemnoid with Lumpy Space Princess and her endless supply of teen gossip.
- Double Rainicorn anyone? The fact that they even mentioned that fad makes it all the more hysterical.
- The final boss of the licensed game, Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!. After defeating the Ice King and reclaiming your garbage, Lumpy Space Princess notices that the garbage includes the handmade ashtray that she gave to Finn for his birthday. She ends up throwing a tantrum and tries to destroy the world.
- The Comic-Con panel in which the cast read out a radio play written by and starring Ice King. Made better by the fact that Nikki Yang, the voice actress of BMO, was not available, so John DiMaggio read BMO's part.
- Meta example on this very wiki: one of the characters with the most heartwarming moments is... the Ice King.