There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
"Bow Chicka Wow Wow" is the sound of a character beatboxing
porno music, based on the funk-rock soundtracks most '70s pornos had.
This is usually done after the character has seen or heard something lewd. Or sometimes simply imagined something lewd. Compare That's What She Said
See also Sexophone
. Not to be confused with the children's alphabet rhyme Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
, nor the song Bow Chicka Bow Wow
in Phineas and Ferb
. Also not to be confused with the similarly basso register of the song "Oh Yeah."
Nor is it Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- There's a commercial for Lynx or Axe cologne that has a girl doing this.
- For a while at least, "Bow Chicka Wow Wow" was their slogan.
- Rachel from Friends does this in the episode "The One With the Free Porn," apparently unaware of what she's singing. Eventually she asks what it is that's been in her head all day and is told it's the theme to Good Will Humping.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - done by the bots when the dialog in a movie suggests a porn film segue.
- Also inverted: they add "sexy dialogue" when the music resembles this. (It was really the music of all low-budget 70s films, at least until the porn association became codified.)
- An episode of Bones had Booth explain what Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow Boom-Clicka-Mow-Wow meant to Bones
- Any time the scene style is 'porn' or simply 'filled with LUST!' in Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
- Shorthand Phonetics literally has a track called "Bow-Wow-Chikka-Wakka-Chikka-Wakka-Chikka-Wakka, Bow-Wow-Chikka-Wakka-Chikka-Wakka-Chikka-Wakka"
- Referenced by way of pun on Trace Adkins' "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow".
- Mike Posner has a song called this. Surprisingly, it's about mood music.
- "Cheeka Bow Bow" by The Vengaboys.
- The Argentine band Cumshot main source of inspiration is the aforementioned Bow Chicka Wow Wow soundtracks of the 70's porn flics. It's up to the listener if this is Stylistic Suck or a funny and inventive whole new playground for ambient music.
- But there is little doubt about how hard does Swedish europop singer Gunther sucks.
- Guitar Hero III: The Legends of Rock includes an unlockable bass guitar called "Boom Chicka Wah Wah".
- And if you listen closely, this tune plays before you play any career encore in the Mitch's Moose Lounge venue (which is a strip club).
- From the Crowning Moment of Funny page: Approximately a week or so before the Wrath of the Lich King expansion came out for World of Warcraft, Thrall, leader of the orcs, disappeared from his chamber for a few hours. The official forums proceeded to speculate on what he was doing and where he was during that time. This led to many responses simply saying "Jaina". But the absolute best was in response to one of these, where the poster simply wrote "Bow-chicka-lok-tar"
- Perhaps taken to a literal extreme with the DSiWare game Spotto!, where the titular bird character must rescue a hot chick by the name of "Chikkie Wowwow".
- When breeding sheep in FarmVille your sheeps' sprites in the pen will be replaced with a sign reading "Baa chicka-wow wow!" while they're, um... busy.
- "Bow Chicka Wow Wow" appears on screen as a form of censoring while Abobo is having his way with Annie the mermaid. Too bad we can't see how he managed to avoid The Mermaid Problem ...
- This became a catchphrase of the character Tucker on Red vs. Blue, to the point that even his alien baby said it. (Well, "Bow-Chicka-Honk-Honk", but close enough.)
- Tucker's actual catchprase was "Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow" not that different but it's his turn on the phrase.
- Caboose tries unsuccessfully, with "Hey Chicka Bump Bump."
- Family Guy:
- Stewie does this during "Screwed the Pooch," when Brian runs out onto a greyhound track and has sex with Lois' father's prize dog.
- Also, when Brian goes to Hollywood to become a writer and get a gig directing porn: he gets a Woody for best director. The best score Woody included two lounge lizards and John Williams.
- One On the Next spot for Clone High was nothing but Joan and Cleo in a catfight with the narrator Bow Chicka Wow Wow-ing over it.
- Bender does this in Futurama.
- In King of the Hill, when Bill's career as a competitive eater is over, Dale uses this (in a slight variation) to console him with the fact that he got lucky with his groupie. Yeah, not so much...
- Phineas and Ferb: a main part of the chorus of the song "Gitchee Gitchee Goo", about a man trying to work out if their girlfriend loves him, is "bow chicka wow wow". Coincidence, or a case of Getting Crap Past the Radar? You decide.