Music: Barry White
"I woke up one morning, went downstairs, said 'Good morning' to my mother and nearly scared both of us to death.'"American song writer, 1944-2003.The "Walrus of Love" was famous for his deep voice and steamy romance songs, which were probably responsible for the creation of a fair number of babies.According to The Other Wiki, he was offered the role of Chef in South Park but declined as, being a devout Christian, he was uncomfortable with it.Was allegedly planning a collaboration with Marvin Gaye before Mr. Gaye's untimely death.Also, he was apparently a fan of The Simpsons, which led to his making two guest appearances on the show.For some reason, hbi2k thinks Mr. White's music goes great with Jello shots.
—Barry White, on the day he first developed his voice
"I was just... sitting here thinking. Certain things turn me on. Like the way you might say a word, or the way you wear your hair, have a certain smile on your face... or just the way you're standing there, right now. In your baby blue panties."
- Author Existence Failure: Succumbed to kidney failure on Independence Day in 2003.
- Basso Profundo: A really iconic deep voice.
- The Charmer
- Cover Version: Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are."
- Intercourse with You: C'mon, it's Barry White!
- Large Ham
- Music of Note: Behind his "ambassador of love" persona, Barry is also one of R&B's great producers, with a lush, expansive, string-heavy sound that set the stage for the oncoming Disco era. Of course, his distinctive vocal style in itself made him a major figure.
- Spoken Word in Music: He's often just speaking over the music.
- Technician vs. Performer: More toward the technician side. Barry's first love was producing, and despite his natural charisma on vocals, he actually had to be pushed to put out some solo material.
- Twinkle Smile: An old GIF animation of him used by Amazon.com to advertise his album Staying Power, lovingly recorded for posterity by Vincent Flanders.