open/close all folders
Tori "Impossible" Aoi
the idiot. Tori is also the energy of Class 3-Plum, literally: he acts like a living mana battery that can recharge and supply his companions with unlimited reserves, controlling a quarter of Musashi's ether supply, thanks to being one of two viceroys in the city.
- All-Loving Hero: Despite the goofy pervert he might be, Tori is an optimistic and selfless guy who wants to create a world where everyone's dreams would come true, a belief that earned him the respect of everyone in Musashi.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Play to Masazumi's All Work.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: He looks pretty good in a dress and has fun fooling men with this.
- Butt Monkey: If there's someone here that will always end up getting beaten up, that's Tori. However, he's kinda asking for it with his perversions.
- Buxom Is Better: He certainly thinks so; in fact, when he writes down a love letter confession to P-01s/Horizon, his classmates are surprised he doesn't mention her bust size in describing the automaton's "positive traits".
- Childhood Friend Romance: He is in love with his childhood friend Horizon. Later in the light novels, he gets a small harem formed by Horizon and his other childhood friends Asama and Nate.
- Childhood Friends: He has been friends with several of the members of Class 3-Plum since childhood; Asama, Nate, Suzu and Tenzou among them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's a huge pervert who loves groping girls, but he genuinely cares about his female companions, especially Horizon and he only wants to create a better world for everyone and bring back the emotions of the woman he loves.
- Conveniently Seated: He sits in the back seat next to the window.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He saw his childhood friend and crush Horizon getting run over by a carriage and dying right in front of him. To make it worse, the reason she got in the way of the carriage was because she was trying to get away from him after he insulted her cooking.
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers: Has feathers adorning the shoulders of his uniform.
- The Heart: He is the one who encourages his crew whenever they feel down and gives them the will to keep figthing no matter what.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His support powers don't mean much to his friends when they reside in the city and academy grounds of Musashi, as these places are rife with ether for their daily needs and training. Outside Musashi, however, Tori is the key to success, as he can supply his allies with infinite ether reserves to continue fighting without worry.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.:
- Watching P-01s/Horizon get taken and being unable to do anything about it.
- He suffered a severe one when he was a child after losing Horizon. He refused to eat or drink and only stayed in his room throughout the day until his sister Kimi snapped him out of it.
- Hidden Depths: At first glance, Tori is just an idiotic pervert that no one could take seriously as Musashi's chancellor, but he's actually quite smart when the situation calls for it, serves as Musashi's energy source both figuratively and literally, and he has some deep emotional issues coming from losing the girl he loved and blaming himself for it.
- Keet: He's loud, optimistic and full of energy. He literally does not know the meaning of "depressed". With good reason, too.
- Legacy of Service: He comes from a family of loyal servants to the Matsudaira family.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: A complete pervert who shamelessly gropes and sexually harasses girls, even his own teacher and loves to read porn magazines and play eroge games. Yet his perversions are always Played for Laughs and he only gets a few smacks as punishment.
- The McCoy: Always cheerful and optimistic, Tori is driven by his emotions and instincts.
- My Greatest Failure: He has always regretted not being able to save Horizon when they were kids. Made worse since she died because she was trying to get away from him after he insulted her cooking.
- Naked People Are Funny: In Season 2 except for a few scenes.
- Non-Action Guy: Not the useless kind, but he's plenty lacking in the combat field.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Despite all that goofiness and perversion, Tori's quite sharp, to wit:
- When debating against Masazumi Honda on rescuing Horizon Ariadust from the K.P.A. Italia, he took the stance of not rescuing Horizon, thereby forcing the more adept-at-debating Masazumi to take the opposite stance. Not pleasant, but actual debating does assign people to motions they should defend regardless of personal preference.
- In episode 12, Horizon consigns herself to death; Tori argues against her views by using a parallel argument and convinces her to leave with him.
- Opposites Attract: He is a loud, goofy and fun-loving Keet while the woman he loves P-01s/Horizon is a quiet, analytical and no-nonsense Emotionless Girl.
- Personality Powers: He sure is energetic, isn't he? Perhaps he got some to share.
- The Pollyanna: There is nothing that can depress this guy. He will always see the bright side of things no matter what. Justified since as a condition to his contract to the Asama Shrine for his powers, being sad will literally kill him.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni:
- The loud, happy-go-lucky and emotional Red Oni to Horizon's quiet, emotionless and analytical Blue Oni.
- Also the carefree and outgoing Red Oni to Masazumi's more serious and reserved Blue Oni.
- Robosexual: He is in love with the automated doll P-01s. Although he fell in love with her back when she was a human.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a scar circling his left shoulder.
- Shameless Fanservice Guy: He has no problem with stripping naked in front of his entire class or going around naked for most of the second season.
- Spanner in the Works: If his move under Obfuscating Stupidity doesn't earn him this title, pantsing Masazumi and throwing off Pope President Innocentius' attempts to undermine her definitely does.
- Student Council President: He is the president of the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council, which in this series equals to the position of a chancellor.
- Super Empowering: When Toori gains the 1/4th governance status in Musashi as a Viceroy, he is given the authority to use 1/4th of the fuel of Divine State of Musashi. Since his contract allows him to share everything he owns with everyone, he can provide an almost endless energy supply for his comrades, improving their abilities to the fullest.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Often, specifically with Makiko Oriotorai, Nate Mitotsudaira, Suzu Mukai and Horizon.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: The day Horizon died, she cooked breakfast for him, but he said it tasted terrible. Horizon ran away crying and Tori chased after her. As Horizon tried to get away from him, she got run over by a carriage which resulted in her death.
- Useless Protagonist: Subverted. As his nickname "Impossible" suggests, there seems to be nothing Tori can do and his companions have to handle everything instead. However, Tori proves himself useful when he resupplies his companions' energy. Also, his Obfuscating Stupidity helps in some situations.
- White Mage: A rare male protagonist example, as he buffs and resupplies his allies' energy.
- Amnesiac Hero: She has no memories of her origins, her identity and her life as a human.
- Brain Uploading: She originally was a human girl, but she died in an unfortunate accident. Then, her father put her soul in a robotic body. Horizon has no memories of her life as a human, but according to the people who knew her, her personality is pretty much the same.
- Chaste Heroine: Since she is an automaton without emotions, matters like feelings and romance are confusing for her. She doesn't even know what having sex is.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Although she has no memories prior to her rebirth, she was childhood friends with Tori, who has always loved her. She eventually reciprocates his feelings.
- Cry Cute: She regains the emotion of sadness and the ability to cry at the end of the first season after Futayo takes the Lype Kataslypsi from Muneshige. And God, this Emotionless Girl looks adorable when she cries.
- Damsel in Distress: The second half of Season 1 is about saving her from her execution for illegal possession of one of the Armors of Deadly Sins and the destruction of Mikawa at hands of her father.
- Deadpan Snarker: She never misses the chance to snark at the situation.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts out as an Emotionless Girl without any interest in Tori and she doesn't want to regain her emotions since she thinks they will only bring her sadness. Tori eventually gets her to open up to him as he convinces her that she can feel positive emotions and she falls in love with him.
- Devoted to You: In the 10 years that she was gone, Tori never forgot about Horizon and once he discovers she is still alive as an android, he readily declares war on the entire world to get his beloved's emotions back and see Horizon's smile again.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Tooshi Douka ("Song of Passage")
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: P-01s bears a mysterious resemblance to Horizon Ariadust, Tori's lost love which attracts him to her. It's soon revealed that P-01s is Horizon reborn in a robotic body, but she can't remember her life as a human.
- Emotionless Girl: As an automated doll, P-01s lacks emotions. Turns out she used to be a human girl with plenty of emotions, but she lost them upon the creation of the Deadly Sin Armaments.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She is actually Tori's childhood friend Horizon who was revived in a robotic body, but she can't remember him.
- Fun with Acronyms: "P-01s" is merely the shortened form of the designation "Phtonos-01s", the operating system for the Armor of Deadly Sins.
- Hair Decorations: Back when she was a human, she wore a white ribbon in her head.
- Heroic Albino: The main heroine with pale white skin and grey hair.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Given how Akēdia Katathlipsē bound her entire body, Horizon has some serious self-esteem issues.
- He Will Not Cry, So I Cry for Him: Once she regains the emotion of sadness, Tori asks her to cry in his place since now crying or just feeling sad will kill him.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: She gets this as a power in Season 2. It's how she carries all the Armors of Deadly Sins around.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Her blue eyes reflect her emotionless and analytical personality.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: After hearing about her origins, she says would have rather keep living as a normal waitress at the bakery Blue Thunder instead of being the representative of Far East and the ruler of Mikawa.
- Lethal Chef: She even goes Blue with Shock on her own cooking. This sort of started things off since she died because of a chain of events triggered by Tori saying that her cooking was terrible.
- MacGuffin Super Person: Her body contains the ninth Armor of Deadly Sins Ólos Phthonos, which serves as the unification operating system for all the Armors. The Testament Union wants to have her executed because of her power and the second half of the first season is centered around saving her.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: After her death, her father put her soul into an android body which contains the ninth Deadly Sin Armament. He then removed her emotions and used them for the creation of the other Deadly Sin Armaments.
- Mystical Waif: She is the bearer of the Armor of Deadly Sins Ólos Phthonos, the most valuable of the nine Armors of Deadly Sins as its "unification operating system". Ólos Phthonos is the system that taps into Horizon's soul, allowing Horizon to use the Soul Activation of all Armors of Deadly Sins. The heroes make their goal to gather the nine Armors of Deadly Sins to bring Horizon her emotions back and stop the apocalypse.
- Mystical White Hair: She's an automaton who has silver hair, which hints at her artificial origins and the fact that she is an Armor of Deadly Sins and has a human soul.
- No Social Skills: She isn't very socially well-adjusted. In one occasion, she asks what "having sex" means along Azuma.
- Oblivious to Love: She didn't realize Tori loves her until he flat out told her. This is after he went to Blue Thunder just to see her everyday and Tori declared war on the entire world for her.
- Ojou: Horizon is the heiress of the privileged Matsudaira family, which serves as the representative of the Far East and rulers of Mikawa.
- Opposites Attract: She's a quiet, analytical and no-nonsense Emotionless Girl who ends up reciprocating the feelings of loud, goofy and fun-loving Keet Tori.
- Phlebotinum Girl: As the bearer of the ninth Armor of Deadly Sins, she's the key to her father's "Genesis Project" to stop the apocalypse.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair stretches down past her hips.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The quiet, emotionless and analytical Blue Oni to Tori's loud, happy-go-lucky and emotional Red Oni.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Pale skin? Check. Silvery-white hair? Check. Blue eyes? Check. Robot Girl? Check. Emotionless and quiet demeanor? Check. Love interest? Check. Mysterious Waif with a troubled past and origins unknown even to herself? Check. Gains more emotions over time? Check. The key to her father's project to stop an apocalypse? Check.
- Robot Girl: She is an automated doll.
- Robot Names: A Robot Girl named P-01s. This is merely the shortened form of the designation "Phtonos-01s", though. Her real name is Horizon Ariadust and after The Reveal, everyone calls her by that name.
- Sdrawkcab Name: "Ariadust" is "tsudaira", the last character in "Matsudaira", reversed.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Although she's annoyed by his antics, she falls in love with the cheerful and optimistic Tori.
- The Spock: Emotionless, inhuman and analytical. Horizon always makes her decisions based on logic.
- The Stoic: Even after recovering her emotions, her facial expression rarely changes.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She's emotionless, distant and analytical most of the time. Regardless, she is a nice girl at heart who always puts others before herself. Eventually she comes to care deeply about her friends, especially Tori.
- Tears from a Stone: Automated dolls are supposed to lack any emotion that allows them to cry, yet Horizon becomes able to cry once she regains the emotion of sadness.
- Third-Person Person: She refers to herself in third person.
- Tsundere: A rare stoic version of this towards Tori. She tends to be rude and harsh towards him, feeling annoyed at Toori's foolish and perverted antics. Her 'punishments' towards him include frequent punches to his crotch, as well as chiding. Despite that, everyone around her can clearly see Horizon does care about Tori, she just doesn't like openly showing it.
- Unusual Ears: She has heat radiators and various sensors that appear hair accessories instead of ears.
- Uptown Girl: Horizon is a member of the privileged Matsudaira family, while Tori comes from a family of loyal servants to her family.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: Most of her harsh and critical behavior towards Tori comes from her expectations that he improves himself and stops acting like a perverted fool. She usually gives him the Groin Attack when he takes his antics too far.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: When Tori confesses his love for her, Horizon tells him that since she is an automated doll without emotions, she can't understand or reciprocate his feelings. She eventually does come to develop feelings for him and this makes her wish to understand human emotions more.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Class 3-Plum
exact opposite. Due to a significant lack of *ahem* assets, he continuously picks on her. Masazumi aspires to become a politician, though she can't help but feel reluctant about it.
- A-Cup Angst: With a damn good Tear Jerker reason, too. She had to undergo a mastectomy in preparation for her gender reassignment when she was younger. She's reasonably sensitive about her flat chest.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Work to Tori's All Play.
- Bifauxnen: A swift Deconstruction. Due to the male-only succession rule of her family, she was raised as a boy and even tried to reassign her gender, but stopped partway through when her father was dismissed as a vassal. As a result, now she has an androgynous appearance and a flat chest and feels more comfortable in male clothing.
- Big "WHAT?!": After Tori chose the side of not rescuing Horizon during their debate.
- Dark and Troubled Past: To inherit the family name, Masazumi had to undergo several gender reassignment procedures, including a mastectomy. However, all she did was for nothing after Lord Motonobu Matsudaira of Mikawa ordered the exile of most of his subjects, replacing them with automatons. Her father moved to the Musashi, but she stayed in Mikawa with her mother. One day, her mother suddenly disappeared and was later reported as spirited away. After this, she moved to Musashi with her father.
- Foil: To Tori. He is well liked by his classmates yet not taken seriously by most people, and he constantly slacks off and is no good as a leader. Masazumi, on the other hand, is, while not disliked, more distant towards her classmates yet is respected by virtually everyone, and she is a very diligent worker and a skilled leader.
- Guile Heroine: She may not have combat skills, but she is the one in charge of the political issues and negotiations for the Musashi. And let's not forget the time she epically manipulated Innocentius into deactivating his Statseis Porneia.
- Heir Club for Men: In her family, only males are accepted for succession of the family name, which is why she tried to undergo gender reassignment.
- In-Series Nickname: "Seijun" (meaning "purity" in Japanese) by Tori.
- Kick Chick: She is quite good at kicking things, as shown whenever she kicks Tori for embarrassing her or just plain doing something stupid.
- Missing Mom: Her mother was spirited away some time before the start of the series.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the the historical samurai Masazumi Honda, the eldest son of Masanobu Honda.
- Number Two: To Tori in the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: She was raised as a boy, due to being an only child and only males being accepted for succession of the family name. She even had to undergo several procedures which would reassign her gender, including a mastectomy. The process stopped partway through when her father was dismissed as a vassal. Hence, she ended up not actually being male, but having a flat chest. To the viewer, however, this only complicates her pronoun usage. Do note Masazumi identifies as female just fine and everyone agrees Masazumi is a woman.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The more serious and reserved Blue Oni to Tori's carefree and outgoing Red Oni.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks just like her deceased mother.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She is a nice and sensitive girl, but she is also very serious and rational, focusing more on work and following rules than her personal enjoyment.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the second season, Tomo gives her an anteater Mouse which allows her to use magic.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Due to her Raised as the Opposite Gender backstory, Masazumi feels more comfortable wearing a male uniform. She starts wearing a female uniform after Innocentius tells her to start dressing like a girl already, but she still wears the male uniform's jacket.
Voiced by: Mutsumi Tamura (Japanese), Beth Lazarou (English)The student council secretary, despite being rather dry and critical of the antics of the class, Toussaint Neshinbara's an utter romanticist at heart and is fond of history. Despite wishing to be a novelist, he is the head strategist of Musashi's forces during wartime.
- Childhood Friend Romance: It's heavily implied he and his childhood friend Thomas Shakespeare have feelings for each other.
- Interspecies Romance: He gets much Ship Tease with the elven girl Thomas Shakespeare.
- Parental Abandonment: He is an orphan who lost both parents in Battle of Lepanto.
- Rewriting Reality: Whatever Toussaint writes can be turned into reality, affecting himself, his opponents or the environment.
- You Are Number 6: He was only known as "Number Thirteen" back when he was a war orphan in an orphanage in Tres España.
Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Japanese), Justin Doran (English)Always looking to make a quick buck, Shirojiro Bertoni sells the class magical items. Although he's the student council treasurer, he's essentially a miser blessed by the God of Commerce "Sanct".
- Cast from Money: His Shinto contract explicitly allows him to buy power from others and use it as his own.
- Intrepid Merchant: So long as there's a profit involved. In fact, him being this is the reason why he sides against the Testament Union.
- Money Fetish: He is thinking and talking about money all the time.
- Perpetual Frowner: Almost never smiles in the series, though there's a glint in his eyes when the subject of money is discussed.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Savvy Guy to Heidi's Energetic Girl.
- The Stoic: Which coined him the name "Poker Face" by the Testatment Union.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's very uplifting and optimistic.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has waist-length hair.
- Satellite Character: Her entire character revolves around being Shirojiro's cheerful girlfriend and assistant.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Energetic Girl to Shirojiro's Savvy Guy.
equally loud, over-bearing older sister, the overly-dramatic Kimi Aoi changes her name on a weekly basis because of increasingly vapid reasons. She has a contract with the god of public entertainment "Uzume", specializing in eroticism and dancing.
- Ambiguously Gay: She usually flirts with the girls and makes not-so-subtle advances towards them. She once kissed her Schoolgirl Lesbian classmate Malga to snap her out of her angst rant.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Slaps Malga so hard she creates a tornado.
- Battle Strip: She sheds off parts of her upper clothes and detaches her sleeves when she prepares for a fight, thereby increasing her Fanservice level.
- Big Sister Instinct: She cares a lot for her little brother. The only time she cried in her life was when Tori cried in her arms over Horizon's death. She says nothing can hurt her because there is nothing that can compare itself to the pain she felt at that time.
- Clothing Damage: During her fight against Futayo Honda, she looses part of her blouse, exposing her belly.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While her normal behavor makes her look idiotic, if you ever challenge her to a fight, BE PREPARED.
- Dance Battler: A variant, as it's not in the traditional sense.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!:
Kimi: Listen. This is what you just said, "If I die, it's because of you, Knight. I got beaten to death, but I did it for you and don't you ever forget it." You think sacrificing yourself is enough to stay with someone?
- When Tori was suffering a severe depression because of Horizon's death in the past, Kimi threw Tori out of a window and snapped him out of his funk by cramming a hot sauces and spices down his throat, including the bottle, and then jamming her whole hand down his mouth.
- Gives a TORNADO UPPERCUT, followed by a "Shut Up" Kiss bite to Malga in episode 9 of S2, then chastises her for trying to guilt Margot into letting her join the battle and possibly die, saying that a Senseless Sacrifice is not the way to prove herself equal to Margot.
- Good Bad Girl: She is a flamboyant pervert, yes, but she is also a really nice and caring Cool Big Sis.
- Hair Decorations: Her hair is adorned with lengths of white cloth.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Kimi manages to weaponize erotic dancing. Because of the contract with her god, she can avoid being touched by anyone who she doesn't want to touch her. Minor damage actually adds to the offering to her god, making her even stronger, and she uses the clothing she removes to block attacks from Futayo's Slicing Dragonfly.
- I Have Many Names: Played for Laughs at the start of the series, with Margot Knight complaining about her changing through stage names too fast. The kicker? She considers all of them as her true names, granting her protection against Slicing Dragonfly's ability.
- It Runs in the Family: She and her brother are very similiar. Large Ham, Trolling, Fanservice and they're Crazy Awesome.
- Large Ham
- Ms. Fanservice: Her contract with the goddess Uzume is specialized in eroticism and dancing, after all. The more sexy she is, the more powerful she becomes.
- The Nicknamer: Some examples include:
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Her eroticism-specialized contract with her god allows her to choose who can touch her, therefore she can avoid being touched by anyone who she doesn't want to touch her. Any attack directed to her by her opponent will either miss or be blocked.
- The Power of Rock: When fighting at full strength, she sings; as a bonus, it's also her Image Song. What's more, the lyrics seem to describe her fighting techniques.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is about as long as she's tall.
- Stone Wall: She doesn't have any offensive attacks, but it's nearly impossible to harm her as she has the ability to control which attacks can go through her and create defensive barriers.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to Futayo after the latter is unable to get any valid hits on Kimi during their fight, along with some Armor Piercing Slaps.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She is completely terrified of ghosts and can't even hear a ghost story without freaking out.
- Badass Pacifist: Refuses to deliberately harm anyone with her arrows (except Tori). She still fulfills a number of supporting functions during combat, however.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Asama has been in love with her childhood friend Tori for a long time, but tried to suppress her feelings because of Tori's love for Horizon. This is until Horizon herself encourages her to accept her feelings and join Tori's harem.
- Childhood Friends: She has been good friends with the Aoi siblings, Horizon and Nate since elementary school.
- Covert Pervert: If what she wrote down on her essay while she was fantasizing about how far would Tori and Horizon go if his love confession went well is to be believed...
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Death Arrow Priestess"
- Hair Decorations: She has a red ribbon on her hair.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: For a long time, Asama did her best to suppress her feelings for Tori, simply wishing him to be happy with Horizon. Later in the light novels though, Horizon herself lets her and Nate know that she's okay with sharing Tori with them so that he can have more emotional support from all the girls who love him.
- Magical Eye: Her left green eye is an artificial eye called Konoha that she uses for precision shooting.
- Miko: She's the shrine maiden of the Asama Shrine.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: She has known Tori since they were children and has harbored feelings for him for a long time, but she never acted on them, mainly because she knew Tori never got over Horizon.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches down to her knees.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue-purple hair.
Nate Argenté Loup Mitotsudaira
Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Japanese), Rebekah Stevens (English)A half-human, half-werewolf feudal knight from Hexagone Francaise with ridiculously large drill hair, Nate is charged with protecting the citizens of Musashi and holds the rank of Fifth Special Duty Officer. Despite having genes associated with lycanthropy, she cannot transform into a wolf form.
- Action Girl: A feudal knight with the Super Strength of a werewolf and who uses two powerful chains as weapons.
- A-Cup Angst: She's not happy about her flat chest. At first.
- Anime Hair: She has ridiculously huge drill hair.
- Berserk Button: Insinuating she's a tank-type.
- Chain Pain: Her Weapon of Choice is Argenteés Chaînes, two lengths of chain that can extend to indefinite distances.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She has feelings for her childhood friend Toori, but tries to suppress them both because of her duty as his knight and his love for Horizon. Later in the light novels, she embraces her feelings for him and joins his harem at Horizon's insistence.
- Childhood Friends: She has been friends with the Aoi siblings, Horizon and Tomo since elementary school.
- Collared by Fashion: She wears what appears to be a dog collar around her neck.
- Empathic Weapon: "Argent Chaîné", the Divine Armament of the Mitotsudaira, will act by itself if Nate is in danger. In fact, the weapon shapes itself into words when it wants to express its feelings.
- Failure Knight: Back when Horizon was human, Nate promised to protect her. Horizon's death made Nate feel she had failed her promise and she even tried to leave Musashi out of guilt. Eventually, Toori promised her he would become king and make her his knight. Nate then swore to not fail her promise this time and has protected Tori ever since.
- Going Commando: When Tori purposely gropes Nate, he notes she's not wearing a bra.
- Hair Decorations: Wears two blue hairpins that somewhat resemble wolf ears.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-human, half-werewolf.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: She got her absurdly large drill hair from her mother.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mito"
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Despite her feelings for Tori, she tried to suppress them because she didn't want to get in the way of him and Horizon. However later in the light novels, Horizon herself lets her and Asama know that she's okay with sharing Tori with them so that he can have more emotional support from all the girls who love him.
- Meaningful Name: "Argenté Loup" is French for "silver wolf".
- Megaton Punch: Has a seriously mean backhand, as Tori may testify.
- Ojou: The heiress of the noble Mitotsudaira clan, second only to the Matsudaira clan in status.
- Ojou Ringlets: Up to Eleven. She has extremely long hair styled in gigantic ringlets, with two small ringlets that hang in front of her shoulders.
- Petite Pride: Because her flat chest make her enable to an easily dodge incoming attack.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has ankle-length hair. And it's so voluminous that it's larger than her body.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks like a younger, flat-chested version of her mother.
- Subordinate Excuse: She has feelings for her "King" Tori, but she thinks her duty as his knight comes first.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: She has golden eyes, which indicates she's a Half-Human Hybrid.
- Super Strength: Her werewolf blood gives her superhuman strength that far exceeds that of a normal human.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Meat.
- Tsundere: Type B. Nate is a nice, noble and knightly girl, but she can get very angry and violent when Tori does something perverted to her.
- Undying Loyalty: To "Her King" Tori.
- Variable-Length Chain: Argent Chaîné.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purplish gray hair.
- Action Girl: Head of the Mikawa Security Corps and once she inherits the Slicing Dragonfly, she becomes a frightening fighter.
- Blade on a Stick: After Tadakatsu willingly stays behind to die at the Mikawa meltdown, Futayo inherits the Slicing Dragonfly.
- Chaste Heroine: She doesn't know what "having sex" means and after getting a vague explanation, she mistakes it for "training". This becomes hilarious when she claims she "had sex" (50 times!) with Muneshige Tachibana in front of his wife.
- Hair Decorations: Sports a hair accessory which resembles two pairs of wings or a deer-antler.
- Japanese Pronouns: She uses "sessha", an archaic term meaning something like "Your humble servant", to refer to herself.
- No Social Skills: She is extremely clueless about social norms.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail goes past her waist.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Due to the strict training she received from her father, she became a skilled fighter with the spear but is clueless about the world.
- Samurai Ponytail
- Skilled, but Naïve: Her father's training made her a strong and skilled fighter, but also incredibly clueless about the world and easily embarrassed.
- Slipknot Ponytail: Her ponytail becomes undone during her fight against Gin Tachibana.
- The Stoic
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Stoic and serious, but a nice girl.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter
- Undying Loyalty: She swears loyalty to Horizon Ariadust after Kimi makes her realize she must serve the ruler of Mikawa no matter what.
- Verbal Tic: Compliments most of her dialogue with "de gozaru".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue hair.
Voiced by: Nao Touyama (Japanese), Kris Carr (season 1), Allison Sumrall (season 2) (English)A ditzy, blonde-winged witch who flies on a broom, which she also uses like a rifle, Margot is pursing a career in the transportation industry. Also known as "Schwarze Frauen" (German for "Black Lady), she's Malga's girlfriend and holds the rank of Third Special Duty Officer.
- Action Girl: A powerful witch specialized in Black Magic and very competent in long-range combat spells, giving a good cover fire to close-combat units and needed firepower in battle.
- Badass Gay: She is a lesbian, uses her Flying Broomstick as a rifle and kicks ass along her girlfriend Malga.
- Battle Couple: With Malga. Margot is the one with offensive spells and Naruze spots enemies, fixes objectives and does supporter functions with her specialization.
- Black Mage: Not in the traditional sense, as Black Magic works off a more Magitek angle, with it having negative polarity.
- Cute Witch
- Eyes Always Shut: She always keeps her eyes shut. The only time that she opens them is when Malga mentions something about her father.
- Flying Broomstick
- Genki Girl
- Gratuitous German
- Hair Decorations: Wears a pair of orange ribbons.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair and she is cheerful and sweet.
- Homosexual Reproduction: Later in the light novels, she and Malga have been considering having a baby with SCIENCE.
- Horned Hairdo: Certain locks of her hair take the shape of horns more commonly associated with demons.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's fairly girly and is in a lesbian relationship with Malga.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her knees.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Malga.
- Winged Humanoid
Full-Contact Magic. She's Margot's girlfriend and a member of the Manga Club.
- Affectionate Nickname: Margot calls her "Gacchan".
- Art Initiates Life
- Badass Gay: She isn't as good on her own as her girlfriend Margot, but she's also a badass lesbian witch.
- Battle Couple: With Margot.
- Covert Pervert: She may seem calm and gentle, but she is really perverted on the inside and is quite knowledgeable about sex.
- Cute Witch
- Dull Surprise
- Fallen Angel
- Hair Decorations: Wears a pair of turquoise ribbons on her head.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: After getting her ass handed to her twice, she snaps when told that she will not be allowed to fight, and says she would fight with Margot even if she had to die for her. Kimi slaps her and tells her to calm down.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: In S2, she worries about whether she is capable of fighting on her own without Margot. Getting stomped twice when doing so doesn't help.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's a fairly feminine girl, just like her girlfriend Margot.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is about as long as her body.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Margot.
- The Stoic: Usually straight-faced and unexpressive.
- White Mage: Not in the traditional sense, as White Magic works off a more Magitek angle, with it having positive polarity.
- Winged Humanoid
- The Worf Effect: She gets (easily) beaten in two fights in S2. She doesn't take it well.
- Write Who You Know: An In-Universe example. Most of her works feature Tomo Asama as the main character.
Voiced by: Kei Shindou (Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (season 1), Maggie Flecknoe (season 2) (English)A rather bored-looking girl from Qing-Takeda, Sixth Special Duty Officer Naomasa has a prosthetic arm in place of her right arm. She lives alone and works in the Engineering Club.
- Artificial Limbs: A prothesic mechanical arm with three long fingers.
- Cool Big Sis
- Humongous Mecha: Built her own God of War "Jizuri Suzaku" from parts scattered on the surface of the Far East. Oddly, she doesn't pilot it: it's her maus who does it.
- No Smoking: In the anime, her Japanese style pipe was replaced with an Allen wrench.
- Oral Fixation: In the anime, she keeps an Allen wrench in her mouth.
- Smoking Is Cool: In the light novels, she is always smoking a Japanese style pipe.
- The Stoic
Voiced by: Rika Morinaga (Japanese), Jennifer Alyx (season 1), Molly Searcy (season 2) (English)The emperor's son with half-god blood, Azuma is the newest student to Class 3-Plum and is currently living in the same dorm room as Miriam. He's clueless about much of the world, and as such, has his power sealed.
- Adoptive Peer Parent: He and Miriam adopt a little ghost girl as their daughter even though they're still teenagers.
- Chaste Hero: His cluelessness about sexuality is shown in full glory at the start of S2, where he asks Malga what "having sex" means. It only gets funnier from there.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a purple ribbon.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half-god.
- Innocent Cohabitation: He lives in the same room as Miriam. He is understandably awkward about it at first.
- Like an Old Married Couple: He and Miriam are practically married already. They are even raising a ghost girl together.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Nice Guy
- No Social Skills: He is very clueless when it comes to social conventions.
- Parental Substitute: He and Miriam adopt a little ghost girl together.
- Power Limiter
- Rapunzel Hair: Even though he wears it in a ponytail, his hair reaches down to his knees.
- Sheltered Aristocrat
Voiced by: Ai Matayoshi (Japanese), Joy Saxton (English)A wheelchair-bound girl who can't make it to class, Miriam Polk is force to study at the dormitories.
- Adoptive Peer Parent: She and Azuma are both teenagers and they adopt a little ghost girl as their daughter.
- Brutal Honesty
- Innocent Cohabitation: She ends up as Azuma's roommate. She doesn't really mind, though.
- Like an Old Married Couple: She and Azuma are all but married. They are even raising a kid together!
- No Social Skills: Her lack of training in society has made her tactless in social situations.
- Parental Substitute: She and Azuma adopt a little ghost girl together.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her surname is either "Polk" or "Poquo".
- Tsundere: She tends to be harsh and even violent toward Azuma due to her lack of tact and his cluelessness, but she can turn caring and affectionate to him sometimes.
- A-Cup Angst: Is none too happy that Suzu has a bigger chest than her.
- Glacier Waif: While using Raging Beast, she becomes this, due to the Shell being able to shrug off no less than three direct hits from a high-caliber cannon, but her walking speed slows down considerably. However, even when she's not wearing it, she's a...
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Knightly Lance
- Lightning Bruiser: Her Mobility Shell enables her to catch up to almost anyone. Demonstrated well during the class chase on Makiko.
- Powered Armor
- Specs of Awesome
Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese), John Gremillion (season 1), David Matranga (season 2) (English)A little red slime spirit with 3 HP, Nenji is ferociously devoted to Adele.
ninja excelling in ninjutsu and intelligence, First Special Duty Officer Tenzo Crossunite specializes in close-quarters combat. He prefers blonde-haired, big-breasted women, which he's only too happy to announce. Notably, Tenzo's face is always covered with a scarf, thus his baseball cap with animated eyes are the means to reveal his expressions.
- Adorkable: His awkward and flustered reactions when he's with Mary are really adorable.
- Airplane Arms
- Big Heroic Run: Against Walter Raleigh.
- Birds of a Feather: He and Mary are both altruistic, servile, honorable and scarred individuals working for the well-being of other people.
- Buxom Is Better: He loves big-breasted women.
- Childhood Friends: With Tori.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's just as perverted as Tori, but he's a nice guy all-around and a gentleman to women.
- Covered with Scars: A bath scene early in season 2 reveals that he has quite a few old wounds.
- Expressive Accessory: The eyes in his baseball cap show the hidden expressions in his face.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Always wears a baseball cap that obscures his eyes.
- The Faceless: He wears a scarf that covers half of his face and a ballcap that covers his eyes all the time. He never takes his scarf off, even while bathing or eating. Yes, he uses ninjutsu to eat without taking his scarf off. He takes it off when he kisses Mary in a True Love's Kiss. And we still haven't gotten a look at his face. Hell, we don't even know what colour his actual eyes are.
- Japanese Pronouns: Uses the detached and impersonal "jibun" to refer to himself.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's a pervert, but Tenzou is still an selfless, helpful and hard-working guy.
- Has a Type: He prefers blonde-haired, big-breasted women.
- Highly Visible Ninja
- Innocent Cohabitation: He and Mary begin living together after getting engaged, but they sleep in separated beds and Tenzo isn't ready to take their relationship to the next nevel.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Love at First Sight: He falls for Mary right away once he discovers she's a woman, who coincidentally, is totally his type; a blonde-haired girl with exceptional cleavage.
- Nice Guy: Lampshaded in the second season, where Nate and Masazumi wonder how someone like Tenzo, who's so considerate and kind to women, doesn't have a girlfriend. Tenzo notably takes offense to the latter.
- Nice Hat
- Scarf of Asskicking: He wears a red scarf that covers half of his face all the time.
- Scars Are Forever
- Stock Ninja Weaponry
- Understanding Boyfriend: He doesn't care that Mary's roles as Double Bloody Mary have forced her to do horrible things, he still loves her.
- Verbal Tic: Ends his sentences with "de gozaru".
- Wall Jump
Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese), John Gremillion (season 1), David Matranga (season 2) (English)A close-up melee fist-fighter with very little social graces, Noriki constantly works at part-time jobs to help support his enormous family.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- No Social Skills
- Perpetual Frowner
- Robosexual: Later in the light novels, he develops a relationship with Ushinao Houjou, an automaton and the Student Council President of the Sanadawara Academy.
- Temporal Theme Naming: His stances/punches are named after the months of the year.
Magitek ears, which can "hear" up to 30 kilometers.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: On her first day of school, her parents were too busy to go with her and Suzu had to climb the stairs of the entrance on her own, which she hated. Then Toori and Horizon helped her climb the stairs and congratulated her for climbing on her own. After that she became good friends with them and she says she has loved both of them ever since.
- Blinding Bangs: Her hair always covers her eyes to highlight her blindness and shyness.
- Childhood Friends: With Tori and P-01s/Horizon.
- Fainting: She usually faints when she gets nervious.
- Funbag Airbag: Twice during Tori's confession to Horizon she nearly faints only to be caught by Kimi and Tomo's voluptuous chests.Kimi/Tomo: "Oh, Suzu-chan. What a sexy/lovely cushion you've found."
- It happens again in season two, this time with the head automaton Musashi.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She usually sits on Persona's shoulder.
- In-Series Nickname: "Bell-san" (Ms. Bell) by Tori.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail goes past her waist.
- Shrinking Violet
- Speech Impediment: She speaks in a slow stuttering manner. This is probably because her hearing device relays her own voice back to her. Which is a real condition, albeit without the Magitek.
- Super Senses: Hearing via Magitek.
- Tender Tears: She cries in episode 6 after Tomo reads her essay which tells a little about her backstory with Toori and Horizon. She uses this to try and motivate Tori into rescuing Horizon.
A stoic giant whose face is hidden underneath a medieval, crusader-like helmet, Persona mainly uses body language to communicate.
- Cool Helmet
- Gentle Giant
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Usually lets Suzu sit on his shoulder. Presumably, he also provides a more stable "firing platform" of sorts where Tomo can launch arrows while moving.
- Nice Guy
- The Voiceless
Voiced by: Takashi Kuroda (Japanese), Sam Roman (English)An aerial-based half-dragon aiming to be an inquisition officer, Second Special Duty Officer Kiyonari Ulquiaga is fully clad in armor. For whatever reason, he claims he's in charge of all the older sister-type characters in Eroge.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Crotch-Grab Sex Check: Accidentally does this to Nicholas Bacon. He tried to use a Groin Attack on him, only to discover there's nothing down there since he's a fairy with No Biological Sex.
- Fetish: Older sister-type characters.
- Groin Attack: One of his signature moves. Too bad that the person he used it on is a fairy...
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half-dragon.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses a pair of giant, golden pliers.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons and Mecha
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Justified, since no one else comments on Nenji being an amorphous blob or a nude Kenji Ito.
Voiced by: Eiji Miyashita (Japanese), Chris Hutchison (season 1), David Wald (season 2) (English)A naked, flamboyant incubus, Kenji's very happy all the time.
- Bald of Awesome
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: He always goes around naked, but THANK GOD they didn't animate any genitalia.
- Large Ham
- Monochromatic Eyes
- Shameless Fanservice Guy
Voiced by: Minoru Shiraishi (Japanese), Andrew Love (season 1), Bryan Leach (season 2) (English)A member of the Cooking Club, Ginji Ohiroshiki is a self-proclaimed Lolicon...though not how he would word it.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Faculty Members
Voiced by: Taiten Kusunoki (Japanese), George Manley (English)Musashi Ariadust Academy's principal, Tadatsugu Sakai was one (and often considered the leader) of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings but got demoted to his position as Musashi's principal due an incident involving the suicide of Lord Motonobu's younger brother for the sake of history recreation. He's something of an old enemy to Pope Innocentius.
- Badass Grandpa: We don't see much of it, but he was easily able to avoid all of Futayo Honda's strikes and even cop a feel of her ass.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after one of the Divine 4 Tokugawa General during the Sengoku Period.
Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono (Japanese), David Wald (season 1), Justin Doran (season 2) (English)A noble from Hexagone Francais, Yoshinao serves as both the king of Musashi and vice-principal of Ariadust Academy. Having agreed to stand against the Testament Union, he appoints Tori and Horizon as viceroys of Musashi, each holding a quarter rule of the city.
- Cool Old Guy: He's not as old as Sakai, but he's just as cool.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Tori fondly calls him "Maro Maro", or in the dub, "Ic Ic".
- It May Help You on Your Quest: Seeing Tenzou's plans to sneak a date with (i.e rescue) Mary, he marks the locations of the guard stations on Tenzou's map, telling him that stealthiness is the key to sneaking a date.
- Japanese Pronouns: Uses the very archaic form of "I" as "maro" (subbed as "Ic").
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: While he's not "ugly" per se, his wife is gorgeous.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Averted; his appearance is humorously compared to cosplaying by Kimi.
Voiced by: Ryoko Shiraishi (Japanese), Elizabeth Bunch (English)Class 3-Plum's homeroom teacher at Musashi Ariadust Academy, Makiko is the quintessential Amazon woman: passionate, incredibly strong and loves alcohol.
- Badass Teacher: She was capable of overpowering her entire class.
- Blood Knight: Shows traits of it during Class 3-Plum's first day, where she challenges the entire class to a mock battle against her.
- Catch Phrase: She tends to say "Hey, hey, hey" a lot.
Voiced by: Ai Shimizu (Japanese), Elizabeth Bunch (English)Class 3-Bamboo's homeroom teacher at Horizon Ariadust Academy, Mitsuki Sanyou's class is right next to 3-Plum's, so her students are constantly interrupted by the noise of the shenanigans next door.
- Christmas Cake: She's only 24 but having been recently dumped for another woman at the start of the novels, it worries her.
- Sensei-chan: She tries to be cute to her students.
Voiced by: Mai Nakahara (Japanese), Rozie Curtis (English)The head automaton maid taking care of Musashi, she is the same-named captain of the eight ships which comprises the city state of Musashi, commanding a head automaton maid on each one.
- Verbal Tic: Ends every sentence with "over" ("ijou" in Japanese).
Voiced by: Miho Yamada (Japanese), Susan Koozin (English)The owner of the bakery "Blue Thunder" on Musashi and the mother of Tori and Kimi. She has a very helpful personality. Around a year before the story begins, she took in the unidentified automated doll, P-01s, as an employee.
- Shopkeeper: She is the owner of the bakery "Blue Thunder".
The Honda Clan
Voiced by: Yuuji Takada (Japanese), Kalob Martinez (season 1), Genevieve Simmons (season 2) (English)The current representative of the Provisional Assembly on Musashi, Masanobu Honda is the father of Masazumi.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Masanobu Honda, as names can be handed down through generations in-universe.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While he is often controlling towards his daughter, when she decides to assert herself and her views, possibly destroying the nation in the process, he respects her decision and even sounds a bit proud.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Tadakatsu Honda's red, Masanobu is from the administrative branch of the Honda Clan. In contrast to Tadakatsu, he's calm, calculating and collected. Incidentally, they both lost their wives.
Voiced by: Sumi Naomi (Japanese), Mike Yager (English)Father of Futayo and one of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings, Tadakatsu's a soldier of remarkable ability, and was once called the "Peerless of the East". He's also the holder of the Divine Arms "Slicing Dragonfly".
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The Slicing Dragonfly's Normal Activation allows it to cut anything physical reflected by the blade. For greater absurdity, the weapon's Superior Activation is cutting any "concept" that can be imagined by its wielder. In other words, if the user knows his opponent's name, they can effectively erase the latter from existence.
- Action Dad: He is Futayo's father and one of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings. He can kick a lot of ass.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: He will do whatever his lord Motonobu wishes, even if that is cooperating in his Genesis Project, which involves blowing up Mikawa with both of them there.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical general Honda Tadakatsu from the Warring States period.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Masanobu's blue, as he's from the Martial/Samurai branch of the Honda Clan, boisterous, a bit rash, and a wicked spear-wielding fighter. Incidentally, he also lost his wife.
- Robosexual: He put his wife Kazuno's soul in an automaton's body and he clearly still loves her.
- Together in Death: He sees his wife as he dies, and his last words are, "You and I will never be parted again."
- Undying Loyalty: To Motonobu Matsudaira.
- Action Mom: In a way, she's hosting the soul of Futayo's mother and she can take down an airship all by herself.
- Brain Uploading: Just like P-01s/Horizon, Kazuno is a human woman whose soul was put in an automaton body after her death.
- Go Out with a Smile: She smiles at Tadakatsu in her final moments.
- Hair Decorations: She wears an armored ornament on the head, which is shaped like deer woods.
- Half The Woman She Used To Be: Redirected a shot from Muneshige Tachibana's Lype Katathlipse that blew off her lower body, leaving her upper torso.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is derived from Tadakatsu Honda's famous deer-antler helmet he wears in battle.
- Robotic Spouse: As a replication of Tadakatsu's late wife, she takes care of him and his daughter and cooks just like his wife did. Makes sense, since she really is his wife. Tadakatsu put her soul in an robotic body after her death.
- Supreme Chef: Tadakatsu says her cooking is great.
- Together in Death: With Tadakatsu.
- Undying Loyalty: To Motonobu Matsudaira.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A demure, gentle and domestic, yet strong and sharp woman who takes great care of her family even though now she is just a soul in a robotic body and has a Hime Cut.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair and she's a robot so its ok.
Voiced by: Show Hayami (Japanese), Andy McAvin (English)The creator of the Armor of Deadly Sins and the ruler of Mikawa. He is responsible for the area's current isolation policy.
- Disappeared Dad: To P-01s/Horizon.
- Go Out with a Smile: He keeps smiling as he blows up Mikawa to start his "Genesis Project".
- Mad Scientist: He created the Armor of Deadly Sins by putting the soul of his own daughter in an android body and removing her emotions.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after Tokugawa Ieyasu, who adopted the name Motonobu Jirosaburo Matsudaira when he was 15 years old (according to East Asian age reckoning).
- Never Hurt an Innocent: While he unleashes a reactor explosion in Mikawa that decimates the entire region, he makes sure no harm is performed on the public by having all citizens leave the area. The only ones who die are him and Tadakatsu Honda, who decided to stay on his own will.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His "Genesis Project" is supposed to save the world from the apocalypse, but his methods include putting the soul of his own daughter in an android body and using her emotions to create the Deadly Sin Armaments, as well as blowing up the capital city of the Far East, Mikawa.
Voiced by: Nobuyuki Kobushi (Japanese), Sam Roman (English)A merchant who does business with the Hondas.
- Eyes Always Shut: He keeps his eyes closed.
- Chewbacca Defense: He used this kind of argument when debating against Masazumi by bringing forth the fact that she is a woman who tried to undergo gender reassignment, lost her breasts and still has the habit to wear male clothing.
- Field Power Effect: Its Overdrive Activation is simply a stronger version of its Normal Activation, expanding its range within a 3-kilometer radius.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Pope Innocent X
- Not So Above It All: For all of his Smug Snakeness, he snapped and scolded Masazumi for summarily trolling him.
- Power Nullifier: Statseis Porneia's Normal Activation neutralizes anything it touches with an attacking will. It also dismantles any weapon-based armaments.
- Smug Snake: Even after being (mostly) foiled, he's still quite confident.
Voiced by: Tsuyoshi Koyama (Japanese), Jovan Jackson (season 1), Patrick Poole (season 2) (English)An archdevil who uses the Ptolemaic and Copernican Theories as abilities, Galileo was a former student at K.P.A. Scuola, now graduated and serves as Innocentius' right-hand man.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Galileo Galilei.
Muneshige Tachibana (Garcia)
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Like the Slicing Dragonfly, Lype Kataslypsi's Normal Activation is the ability to cut anything reflected by its blade.
- BFS: Lype Kataslypsi, which also doubles as a BFG.
- Happily Married: He and his wife love each other very much and they are very happy together.
- Heel–Face Turn: After being defeated by Futayo and stripped of his inherited name, Muneshige runs away to Musashi along with Gin at the end of the second season and they transfer to the Musashi Ariadust Academy as Assistant Vice Chancellors.
- Henpecked Husband: He seems to be whipped by his wife. When Muneshige asks Gin how he should deal with such a difficult woman like Futayo, Gin tells him there is nothing to worry about because he is already married to the most difficult woman there is.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical samurai from the Warring States period.
- One Head Taller: Than his wife Gin.
- Wave Motion Gun: Overdrive Activation of the Lype Kataslypsi is a 3-kilometer energy blast.
- An Arm and a Leg: She lost both of her arms in a duel with Muneshige to determine which of them would play the role of Muneshige Tachibana in History Recreation.
- Cry Cute: Given how stoic and unemotional she usually is, seeing her crying over failing to regain her husband's inherited name is really touching.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She originally hated Muneshige so much because he wanted to inherit the name of Muneshige Tachibana, something Gin had strived for her entire life. They fought countless times for the role, until he finally defeated her by slicing off her arms and gained the inherited name of Muneshige Tachibana for himself. Freed from the burden of becoming the strongest and the heavy load of being head of the Tachibana clan, Gin began to strive for her own happiness and fell in love with Muneshige for giving her a normal life, eventually becoming his devoted wife.
- Disabled Love Interest: She lost both of her arms and she's Happily Married to Muneshige. Actually, her husband was the one who severed her arms in the first place, to defeat her in a duel for the title of Muneshige Tachibana and to help her regain her humanity.
- Happily Married: She loves her husband very much and is very devoted to him.
- Heel–Face Turn: After being defeated by Futayo and failing to regain her husband's inherited name, Gin and Muneshige run away to Musashi at the end of the second season and they transfer to the Musashi Ariadust Academy as Assistant Vice Chancellors.
- Hyper Awareness: She can figure out what someone is writing just by looking at their hand movements.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after Ginchiyo Tachibana, the historical wife to Muneshige from the Warring States period.
- The Stoic: The expression on her face almost never changes. She only shows emotions when it's something related to her husband.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She comes off as overly serious and unemotional most of the time. When she's with her husband though, she shows a very caring and devoted side.
- Villainous Rescue: Steps in to save Malga from Drake.
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese), Holland Vavra (season 1), Kalin Coates (season 2) (English)Queen of Tres España and the vice-president and treasurer of the student council of Alcalá de Henares, Juana is one of the Eight Great Dragon Kings and possesses the Armor of Deadly Sins "Akēdia Katathlipsē".
- BFS: Akēdia Katathlipsē
- Forceful Kiss: She steals a kiss from Felipe in Episode 11 of Season 2. And then Gin walks up a few seconds later....
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: As Felipe prepares to die on his burning ship, she comes up and yells at him for being unwilling to let go of the past and trying to abandon her by dying, saying she just wishes to help him.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She is half-elven.
- Interspecies Romance: She is a half-elven woman who is love with the human Felipe.
- I Owe You My Life: She's the girl who Felipe saved. She pretended to be a pure blooded elf and became the queen to repay him.
- Likes Older Men: She is in love with Felipe, who is old enough to be her father.
- Masquerade: She is a half-elven girl that Segundo rescued after the battle of Lepanto. She pretended to be a pure blooded elf after being rescued by Segundo, deciding to become the queen to repay him.
- Please Don't Leave Me: When Segundo goes to lead the attack on the Musashi, fully intending to die, she cries that she doesn't want him to leave her behind, admitting that she is the girl he saved.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is as long as her body.
- Rescue Romance: She is in love with Felipe, the man who saved her.
- Subordinate Excuse: She became vice-president of the student council to be by the side of Felipe, the man who saved her when she was a little girl.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She's often strict, calm and collected, but she has a warm and emotional side that she shows to those she cares about, especially Felipe.
- Supernormal Bindings: Used by Akēdia Katathlipsē. Its Overdrive Activation binds opponents to the part of themselves they dislike the most. This ranges from one's identity to a certain "lack of assets".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Tetsu Shiratori (Japanese), Mark X. Laskowski (English)Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" Student Council President and Chancellor. Despite his high military and political status, Felipe opts to be uninvolved with politics, causing Juana to perform his duties on his behalf while he sweeps the floors of the academy.
- Accidental Pervert: When he goes to receive some letters a sleeping Juana has for him, he tries to pick them up without waking her up, but for his bad luck some of them get stuck in Juana's legs and breasts. Then Gin walks in...
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He initially seems to be little more than misunderstanding bait for Gin, but when he takes the helm during the Spanish Armada battle recreation, he shows what he can really do.
- Face Death with Dignity: Leads the Tres Espana attack against the Musashi, set on dying in the process.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: In friggin' SPADES. He can't stop hating himself for his failures in the Battle of Lepanto.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Philip II of Spain.
- Not What It Looks Like: Thrice, when Gin found him in a precarious situation with Juana. Gin is not convinced.
- Student Council President: He is the student council president and chancellor of Alcalá de Henares.
Voiced by: Kenta Miyake (Japanese), David Wald (English)The secretary of the school's Student Council. He is the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Novum". He is also a famous eroge novelist.
- Power Nullifier: Upon the activation of his Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Novum", the power of enemy abilities that are active or are activated within an area around the Testamenta Arma will be decreased to a certain fraction of its original power determined by the number of hits the targeted ability has.
Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto (Japanese), Andrew Love (English)The vice-chancellor of Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" and head of the school's baseball club. He was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when he was living, and now lives as a ghost. He is also the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Vetus".
- Interspecies Romance: He was a human who married an elf. They are still together as ghosts.
- Our Ghosts are Different: Like many ghosts in the series, the only visual clue that he is in fact a ghost is that he doesn't have feet, his legs just ending around the ankle in a sort of cloudy haze.
Voiced by: Masumi Asano (Japanese), Amy Bruce (season 1), Shannon Hill (season 2) (English)Second Special Duty Officer in the academy “Alcalá de Henares” of the Tres España. She is also the head of the school's track and field club and the wife of Takakane Hironaka. She was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when she was living, and now lives as a ghost. The owner of the God of War "Michiyuki Byakko".
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Queen Elizabeth I who was also known as Bloody Lizzie.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes past her knees.
- Student Council President: She serves as Oxford Academy's president.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her sharp eyes reflect her arrogant and haughty personality and are one of the few traits that sets her apart from her twin sister Mary.
- Twin Switch: She and her twin sister Mary usually exchanged places when they were younger. When viewing magical images of her childhood with Mary, she admits that she doesn't really know which twin she is.
- Voice Changeling: She can change her voice to sound like her sister Mary's.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Her haughty and aloof exterior is mainly an attitude she has to assume due to her role as Queen Elizabeth I. She has to disregard any personal feelings for the sake of the History Recreation, including her love for her twin sister who is meant to be executed.
- The Atoner: She at first insists she must be executed to atone for her actions as Double Bloody Mary. However, Tenzo convinces her to live on and atone for her sins by helping other people that suffer because of the recreation of history.
- Birds of a Feather: She and Tenzo fall in love with each other because both of them are altruistic, servile, honorable and scarred individuals working for the well-being of other people.
- Covered in Scars: Her body is covered in scars.
- Covert Pervert: She seems sweet and demure, but she readily invites Tenzo to take a bath with her and she feels disappointed that they are not going to sleep in the same bed after they start living together.
- Damsel in Distress: Tenzo goes to save her from her execution for her roles in the recreation of history.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wears a water lily in her hair when she goes with Tenzo to the festival.
- Flower Motifs: Associated with water lilies.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Despite what her roles have forced her to do, Mary is really sweet, considerate and selfless.
- Innocent Cohabitation: She starts living in the same room as Tenzo after she transfers to the Musashi Ariadust Academy. She wouldn't mind that it wasn't so innocent, though.
- Male Gaze: Tenzo is more interested in breasts, but he finds Mary's butt very attractive.
- Named After Somebody Famous: She was one of the people assigned two roles so she was Mary of Scotland and Mary Tudor, better known as Bloody Mary. Although this Mary is genuinely kind and self-sacrificing.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Elizabeth.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even when braided, her hair reaches down to her knees.
- Red Baron: "Double Bloody Mary"
- Scars Are Forever: A noticeable cut right on her nose and around her body.
- Serial Spouse: She says her roles in the recreation of history have made her marry and divorce several times. She's not proud of it.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She isn't bothered to take a bath with Tenzo or hug him while they're both naked.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She falls in love with Tenzo, one of the nicest guys in the series.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: She had to disguise herself as a man known as "Scarred" to hide her true identity outside of Oxford Academy.
- Tareme Eyes: Her eyes are big and round, which reflects her sweet and kind personality and sets her apart from her twin sister Elizabeth.
- Twin Switch: She and her twin sister Elizabeth usually exchanged places when they were younger. Tenzo is the only one who can't be fooled by this.
- Voice Changeling: She can change the sound of her voice to imitate her sister Elizabeth's.
Voiced by: Natsuko Kuwatani (Japanese), Elizabeth Bunch (English)The student council vice-president of Oxford Academy, William Cecil has an egg-shaped body and likes to participate in eating contests. 10th TRUMP.
- Gravity Master: Variant; William ingests loads of food to increase her weight, thereby affecting how her opponents perceive gravity.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical William Cecil, an advisor to Queen Elizabeth I.
- Number Two: To Elizabeth in Oxford Academy's student council.
Voiced by: Miho Yamada (Japanese), Luci Christian (English)The vice-chancellor of Oxford Academy, Robert Dudley is a frail student that causes her to have high blood pressure. 10th TRUMP.
- Improbable Weapon User: A tennis racket.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Robert Dudley, Elizabeth I's favorite suitor
Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka (Japanese), Leraldo Anzaldua (English)The student council secretary of Oxford Academy, Ben Jonson's an athlete-poet and heads the academy's literary club. 9th TRUMP.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Ben Jonson, a contemporary to Shakespeare. As Jonson is an athlete (namely, a sprinter), he may or may not also double as a Shout-Out to the similarly named Ben Johnson, a Canadian Olympian.
Voiced by: Yuko Sanpei (Japanese), Clint Bickham (English)The outward appearance is that of a child, but is actually a protective ghost that houses England’s seal of state. Using his hammer, the “English Seal”, he can make its receiver take on the full weight of England. 8th TRUMP.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Nicholas Bacon, keeper of the Great Seal during Elizabeth I's reign.
- No Biological Sex: As a fairy, Nicholas lacks physical sex. He presents "himself" as male, though.
Voiced by: Ken Narita (Japanese), David Wald (English)The treasurer of Oxford Academy and the owner of the Royal Navy, though he has left its command to Drake, while he simply manages the fleet. 7th TRUMP.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Charles Howard, admiral of England's naval forces against the Spanish armada.
- Agony Beam: Variation; Overdrive Activation of Aspida Philargia transfers pain inflicted on the wielder into ether. In Shakespeare's case, this is used to further power her abilities.
- Bag of Holding: She has a magic bag in which she carries around Aspida Philargia.
- Bokukko: She refers to herself with the Japanese male pronoun "boku". She used "watashi" when she was a child until Toussaint left the orphanage and she begins to use it again after her rematch with Toussaint.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She and Toussaint were friends when they were children and lived in the same orphanage. When they meet again in the present, their relationship gets plenty of Ship Tease.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Initially cold and hostile, but she warms up to Toussaint after he defeats her in their rematch.
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: She and Toussaint were friends when they were kids and grew up in the same orphanage. They meet again as rivals, with Shakespeare holding a grudge against him for leaving her behind.
- Gender-Blender Name: Thomas Shakespeare is a male name.
- Hair Decorations: Her red ribbon.
- Interspecies Romance: She is an elven girl and it's heavily implied she has feelings for the human Toussaint.
- Loss of Identity: When she and Toussaint meet again, she says she is one of the two girls he used to be friends with in an orphanage in Tres España. She challenges him to figure out which one of the two is her. However, Toussaint tells her he was friends with only one girl, this causes Shakespeare to become confused as she can't tell which one of her two selves is the real one.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical English playwright, poet and writer William Shakespeare.
- Rewriting Reality: Like Toussaint, Shakespeare weaponizes this, but uses Macbeth as an example. In her fight against him, she places the role of the titular character onto Toussaint, cursing him. The effect ends if "Macbeth" kills the king (in this case, Toussaint must kill Tori) or Shakespeare lifts the curse herself.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She acts cold and calm, yet she's able to smile and be cute once you get her to open up.
- When She Smiles: Toussaint blushes when he sees her smile.
- You Are Number 6: She was called "Number Fourteen" back when she lived in the same orphanage as Toussaint.
Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi (Japanese), John Gremillion (English)A half-wolf former sea pirate who was given a knighthood because of his attack on Tres España expeditionary ships to the New Continent (Hokkaido) that brought in profits on par with the national budget. 5-1st TRUMP.
- I'm a Humanitarian: To his wife. He notes that if didn't kill her, she would kill him and eat him. He also only people that explicitly say it's okay if he eats them
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His War Cry attack. Doubles as a Breath Weapon.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Francis Drake, second-in-command of the English fleet fighting against the Spanish Armada.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical John Hawkins, a shipbuilder and naval commander who built better vessels to face the Spanish Armada.
- Olympic Swimmer: Looks and swims like one.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: He can breathe and is capable of walking in deep water.
Voiced by: Ryoka Yuzuki (Japanese), Wendy Martin (English)A mermaid. Often placed in charge of commanding warships due to her Abilities. During wartime, she often serves as Hawkins’ assistant as the Boating Club manager. 5-3rd TRUMP.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple hair and eyes.
- Gender-Blender Name: Thomas Cavendish is a man's name.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Thomas Cavendish, an English explorer and a privateer known as "The Navigator".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi (Japanese), Kendall McClellan (English)A sea pirate, of Scottish descent, and Elizabeth’s friend. She has a sharp tongue, but a deep sense of duty and morality. Her ship handling skills are absolutely top-notch. 4th TRUMP.
- Taking the Bullet: Uses her ship to save the Musashi's bridge from an enemy cannon blast.
Voiced by: Toru Okawa (Japanese), Andrew Love (English)A Living Bones. His abilities allow him to manipulate other Living Bones. His manner of speaking is a gloomy kind of energetic. 3rd TRUMP
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Christopher Hatton, Lord Chancellor of England and another of Elizabeth I's favourites.
- Verbal Tic: Ends every sentence with "Death", which is, in Japanese, a homophone to the native Japanese particle -desu.
Voiced by: Natsuko Kuwatani (Japanese), Kendall McClellan (English)An automoton and student at Oxford Academy, F. Walsingham can control gravity. 2nd TRUMP.
- Blade on a Stick: Two of them. Can combine into a BFG.
- Detachment Combat: Can split up her body parts and use them to attack.
- Flechette Storm: Her method of attack involves unleashing a torrent of flying knives.
- Gratuitous English: Notable in that it's the only thing she speaks.
- Mobile-Suit Human: She's actually a mouse using an automoton body.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Francis Walsingham, Elizabeth I's secretary of state.
Voiced by: Toru Okawa (Japanese), Summar Salah (English)A Far-Easterner under the service of Elizabeth. Uses a gravity sword. Taciturn, and has never spoken about himself. 1st TRUMP.
- Lurker: To the point the other members of England's Student Council are shocked when he posts something in the chat, even if it's just ".....".
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Walter Raleigh, another favorite of Queen Elizabeth I.
- The Remnant: One of the survivor of his Clan.
- The Voiceless: He doesn't speak.