open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Pinky - Mina Ashido's hero name in My Hero Academia
- Pinky (sidekick to Mr. Scarlet) - Fawcett Comics
- Pink Starlight - M9 Girls!
Anime and Manga
- Crimson Scorpion - Steam Detectives
- Crimson (or Red) Lotus Alchemist - Kimblee's alchemist title in Fullmetal Alchemist
- Red Riot - Eijirou Kirishima's hero name in My Hero Academia.
- Name inspired by Crimson Riot, who also counts.
- Red Arrow - Green Arrow
- Red Barbarian - Marvel Comics
- Red Bee - DC Comics
- Red Blazer - Harvey Comics
- Red Cross - Holyoke Publishing
- Red Demon - Harvey Comics
- Red Devil - Teen Titans
- Red Dragon - Street & Smith
- Red Ghost - Marvel Comics
- Red Hood - Batman
- Red Hulk - Red Hulk
- Red Inferno - Red Tornado
- The Red Lanterns - Red Lanterns (a Green Lantern spinoff)
- Red Lotus - X-Men
- Red Mask - Better Publications
- Also a very minor character in Animal Man
- Red Mist - Kick-Ass
- Red Raven - Marvel Comics
- Red Robbins - Fox Features
- Red Robin - Kingdom Come
- Tim Drake is now Red Robin in the main DCU.
- Red Ronin - Marvel Comics
- Red Rocket - Four Star
- Red Rover - Wildguard
- Red Rube - Archie Comics
- Red Rush - Invincible
- Red She Hulk - She-Hulk
- Red Skull - Captain America
- Red Sonja - Red Sonja
- Red Star - Teen Titans
- Red Tornado - DC Comics
- Red Torpedo - Quality Comics
- Red Torpedo - Red Tornado
- Red Volcano - Red Tornado
- Redwing - Marvel Comics
- Rocket Red - DC Comics
- Crimson Avenger - DC Comics
- Crimson Cowl - Marvel Comics
- Crimson Cougar - Astro City
- Crimson Dynamo - Marvel Comics
- Crimson Fox - DC Comics
- Crimson Phantom Vengeance - Wildguard
- Durham Red - Strontium Dog spinoff
- Madame Rouge- Doom Patrol
- Mr. Scarlet - Fawcett Comics
- Omega Red - X-Men
- Scarlet Arrow - Harvey Comics
- Scarlet Avenger - Archie Comics
- Scarlet Beetle - Marvel Comics
- Scarlet Nemesis - Harvey Comics
- Scarlet Phantom - Harvey Comics
- Scarlet Spider - Spider-Man
- Scarlet Witch - Marvel Comics
- Superman-Red - Superman
- Woman In Red - Better/Standard Publications originally, now Project Superpowers
- The Scarlet Pimpernel - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Crimson Clown - Pulp series
- Red King - Ultraman
- Red Python - VR Troopers
- Chapulin Colorado (Red Grasshopper) - El Chapulín Colorado
- Will Scarlet - Robin Hood
- Red Jaguar - Halt Evil Doer
- The Red Shadow - The Desert Song
- Red Devil - The Red Devil
- Red Panda - Strange City Heroes
- Ruby Dragon, from the same series.
- Son Red - Strange City Heroes
- Crimson Crossbow - League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions
- Robot Redshirt - League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions
- Red, Red Devil, Red Tigress, the Red Baron, every member of Red October, and the Blood Red King - Global Guardians PBEM Universe
- Red Panda - Red Panda Adventures
Anime and Manga
- Golden Bat - Golden Bat
- Blonde Phantom - Marvel Comics
- Booster Gold - Booster Gold
- Bronze Tiger - DC Comics
- Golden Archer - Marvel Comics
- Golden Arrow - Fawcett Comics
- Golden Girl - Spark Publications
- Golden Girl - Captain America
- Golden Glider - The Flash
- Golden Lad - Spark Publications
- Goldface - Green Lantern
- Yellow Claw - Marvel Comics
- Yellow Dragon - Street & Smith
- Yellow Peri(l) - Superboy
- Yellowjacket - Frank Communale Publishing
- Yellowjacket - Marvel Comics
- Yellow Queen - Whateley Universe
- Yellow, Gold Shield, the Golden Marvel
- Emerald Empress - Legion of Super Heroes
- Green Arrow - Green Arrow
- Green Falcon - Archie Comics
- Green Flame (then Green Fire, now simply "Fire") - DC Comics
- Green Ghost - Invincible
- Green Ghoul - Archie Comics
- Green Giant - Pelican Publications
- Green Goblin - Spider-Man
- Green Lama - Prize Comics
- The Green Lanterns - Green Lantern. However, the mythology has expanded so that the franchise now fits under "Spectrum", below.
- Green Knight - Harry "A" Chesler
- Green Mask - Fox Features
- Green Sorceress - Novelty Press
- Green Turtle - Rural Home
- Jade - Green Lantern
- Green Ghost - Pulp series
- Green Hornet - The Green Hornet
- Green Thunder a.k.a. Mr. L a.k.a. Luigi - Super Paper Mario
Anime and Manga
- Blue Rose - Tiger & Bunny
- Blue Beetle - Blue Beetle
- Blue Blaze - Marvel Comics
- Blue Bolt - Novelty Press
- Blue Bowman - Batman
- Blue Bullet - Marvel Comics
- Blue Bulleteer - AC Comics
- Blue Circle - Rural Home
- Blue Diamond - Marvel Comics
- Blue Devil - Blue Devil
- Blue Fire - Centaur Publications
- Blue Flame - Four Star
- Blue Jay - DC Comics
- Blue Lady - Centaur Publications
- Blue Marvel - Marvel Comics
- Blue Shield - Marvel Comics
- Blue Streak - Holyoke Publishing
- Blue Streak - Prize Comics
- BlueBird - Untold Tales of Spider-Man
- Little Boy Blue & the Blue Boys - DC Comics
- Superman-Blue - Superman
- Blue Rajah - Mystery Men. His costume has little to no blue in it, which is Lampshaded at least once.
- The Blue Meanies - Yellow Submarine.
- While Blue Senturion from Power Rangers Turbo is an example of this, his Sentai counterpart, Signalman, isn't.
- On Smallville, the media begins referring to Clark Kent's superhero identity, not as Superman, but as the "Blue Blur" (or "the red-and-blue blur," or just "the Blur").
- Captain Blue- Viewtiful Joe
- Blue Destiny - M9 Girls!
- Blue Kotatsu - The Escapades of The Blue Kotatsu
- Blue Rhino - Strange City Heroes
- Blue (a projector of burning blue fire) and Blue (the wearer of a set of blue Powered Armor), Blue Rose, The Blue Fairy, and the Blue-Faced Demon — Global Guardians PBEM Universe
- Purple Girl (aka Persuasion) - Alpha Flight
- Purple Man - Daredevil
- Purple Mask - Marvel Comics
- Indigo - Batman and the Outsiders
- Shrinking Violet - Legion of Super Heroes
- Purple Panda - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
- Purple Space - M9 Girls!
- Shrinking Violent (whose real name is "Violet") - Everyday Heroes
- Iron Violet of Iron Violet The Shy Titan
- Purple Pimp - Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
- Brown Bomber - DC Comics
- Bomber Brown and Brown Falcon - Strange City Heroes
- Brown Hornet - Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Anime Comic Books
- Black Adam - Shazam!
- Black Alice - Birds of Prey
- Black Avenger - Marvel Comics
- Black Badge - Astro City
- Black Bat - the second identity of Batgirl 2000
- Black Batman (a Hong Kong comics knockoff of Batman).
- Black Beetle - Booster Gold
- Black Bolt - The Inhumans
- Black Canary - Black Canary
- Black Cat - Harvey Comics
- Black Cat - Spider-Man
- Black Cobra - Dynamic Comics originally, later Four Star
- Black Condor - Quality Comics originally, then DC Comics
- Black Crusader - Street & Smith
- Black Cuervo - Astro City
- Black Diamond - AC Comics
- Black Dwarf - Harry "A" Chesler
- Black Flame - Superman
- Black Fox - Marvel Comics
- Black Hand - Green Lantern
- The Black Lanterns - Blackest Night
- Black Hood - Archie Comics
- Black Jack - Archie Comics
- Black Knight - Marvel Comics
- Black Lion - Fox Features
- Black Marvel - Marvel Comics
- Black Mask - Batman
- Black Orchid - Harvey Comics
- Black Orchid - Black Orchid
- Black Owl - Prize Comics
- Black Panther - Centaur Publications
- Black Queen (Selene) - X-Men
- Black Racer - New Gods
- Black Rapier - Astro City
- Black Rider - Fox Features
- Black Rodent - Fawcett Comics
- Black Seven - Archie Comics
- Black Spider - Ace Magazines
- Black Spider - Fawcett Comics
- Black Spider - DC Comics
- Black Tarantula - Daredevil and Spider-Man
- Black Terror - AC Comics
- Black Thorn - DC Comics
- Black Venus - Holyoke Publishing
- Black Widow - Holyoke Publishing
- Black Widow - Daredevil
- Black Zero - DC Comics
- Blackfire - Teen Titans
- Blackhawks - Blackhawk
- Flying Black Batman (a Hong Kong comics knockoff of Batman).
- Super Black Conqueror (a Hong Kong comics knockoff of Martian Manhunter).
- The Black Torrent - Relativity
- Blackadder was originally this, until his descendants adopted it as their family name.
- From Kamen Rider:
- The Black Mudpuppy - Black Mudpuppy
(Used by a Black Captain Ethnic)
(Used by a Black Captain Ethnic)
- Black Goliath – Marvel Comics
- Black Lightning - Black Lightning
- Black Mantanote – Aquaman
- Black Mass - DC Comics
- Black Panther - Black Panther
- Black Samson – Invincible
- Black Spider note - Batman
- Averted in Spinnerette: Tiger is a large black super hero, but his name is just "Tiger". The reason this comes up is because everyone always calls him "Black Tiger".
"It's just Tiger, damnit!"
- Silver Agent - Astro City
- Silver Brain - Astro City
- Silver Banshee - Superman
- Silver Centurion - Iron Man
- Silver Fox - Marvel Comics
- Silver Sable - Spider-Man
- Silver Samurai - X-Men
- Silver Scorpion - Marvel Comics
- Silver Streak - Lev Gleason originally, now Project Superpowers
- Silver Surfer - Silver Surfer
- Silverclaw - Marvel Comics
- Silvermane - Spider-Man
- Silversmith - Astro City
- Silver Maiden - League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions
- Silver Serpent - Whateley Universe
- Argent, Silver Shrike, El Santo Enmascarado de Plata ("The Silver-Masked Saint", a super-strong luchador crimefighter), Syeryebro ("Silver", a Russian telekinetic), and Silver Wing - Global Guardians PBEM Universe
Comic Books Literature
- The Grey Lady, Fenrir Greyback - Harry Potter
- Gandalf the Grey, also known as "Mithrandir" which is Sindarin elven for "Grey Wanderer." - Lord of the Rings
- The Gray Lensman - Lensmen
- Lady Gray - The Graystone Saga
- Cure White - Futari wa Pretty Cure
- White Queen (Emma Frost) - X-Men
- White Rabbit - Spider-Man, Superman/Steel and Batman (Name's the Same)
- White Streak - Novelty Press
- White Tiger - Heroes for Hire
- In these two cases, they do have true Kamen Rider names, but are called by these In Series Nicknames.
- White Lion - Freedom City
- White Energy - M9 Girls!
- The Great White Hunter, Fuoco Bianco ("White Fire", an Italian supervillain), White Dragon, Whiteout, White Rabbit, White Owl, Bai Hou ("White Monkey, a Chinese Spider-Manesque martial artist), and El Halcon Blanco ("White Falcon", a Mexican ice-blaster) — Global Guardians PBEM Universe
- White Witch - Whateley Universe
- White Pantera - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
A form of Theme Naming when most or all of the cast is named after colors. Anime and Manga
- The Red Ribbon Army from Dragon Ball.
- Green Lantern now has Lantern Corps of every color in the spectrum. Though it should be noted that the yellow and violet corps dodge the color naming; being the Sinestro Corps and the Star Sapphires respectively. Some of the corps leaders also have color-themed aliases:
- Agent Orange (Larfleeze)
- Black Hand
- Green Lantern's Alternate Company Equivalent from the Squadron Supreme is actually called Doctor Spectrum.
- Red Tornado of DC Comics now has several other color counterparts.
- Color Kid - DC Comics
- Rainbow - Centaur Publications
- Rainbow Boy - Eastern Color Printing
- Rainbow Girl - Legion of Super-Heroes
- Rainbow Raider/The Rainbow Raiders - The Flash
- Rainbow Triumph - Soon I Will Be Invincible.
- Power Rangers and Super Sentai. Note, though, that Sixth Rangers often have their own non-color codename. There have been a few times in Super Sentai where the heroes, while still all wearing different color suits, weren't codenamed for them, such as Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger and Gosei Sentai Dairanger where they were called things like "Tyranno Ranger" or "Shishi Ranger".
- Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons: the organisation is even known as Spectrum.
- Disgaea has the Prism Rangers, themselves a parody of Power Rangers and Super Sentai.
- The Yakumos have a colour theme doubled with Bilingual Bonus - namely, Chen means orange, Ran means indigo and Yukari means violet. This gets VERY meaningful - Yukari is the most powerful of the 3, Chen is the weakest, and THAT'S just the game of their introduction. In the 8th game, Yukari is half of the border team, the other half being the predominantly red-wearing Reimu, making the team name very meaningful.
- Main heroes of The Wonderful 101 are Wonder-Red, Wonder-Blue, Wonder-Green and so on.
- The Squirrel Girls in Sequential Art.
- In the Whateley Universe stories about Silver Ghost, she gets involved with SPECTRUM, the superhero group of Cincinnati. They have theme naming (Green Witch, Yellow Knight, Azure, etc), which really ticks off Tawny - she'd rather have a name like Lioness.
- There's also the Iron Legion, a group of Powered Armor mercenaries whose code names (and armor) are Color-Coded for Your Convenience...Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet all wear armors in colors that match their names.
- The White Legion, a group of white-supremacist superheroes. All of them have "white" in their names.