Deadendia is a horror-comedy webcomic based on the cartoon hangover short Dead End, it's about the adventures of Norma, Barney (and his dog Pugsley) who are two workers at the haunted house attraction in a failing amusement park, Winslow Wonderland, that also happens to be a portal to hell.
Will have an Animated Adaptation coming to Netflix in 2021.
Deadendia features examples of:
- Baleful Polymorph: In Issue 4 Pugsley accidentally turns Barney into a dog and Norma into a cat
- Beach Episode: Issue 3 centers around beach day at Winslow Wonderland.
- Breath Weapon: In Issue 2 Courtney uses this on a cowboy named Murdoch.
- Dark Is Not Evil / Light Is Not Good: Demons are not necessarily evil, and angels not necessarily good (though we don't get to see much of the latter as antagonists).
- Demonic Possession: In Issue 1 Pugsley is possessed by a demon named Temeluchus.
- Emotion Eater: Dr Mckinley feeds off of peoples anxieties.
- George Lucas Altered Version: In the original webcomic, the theme park was called Winslow Wonderland and is run by the reclusive film director Franklin Winslow. By the time it was released as a graphic novel, the theme park was changed to Pollyland, dedicated to the actress Pauline Phoenix (who was briefly mentioned in the original version of issue 5).
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Barney dyes his hair a different color every issue.
- Killed Off for Real: So far, both 3D and Pugsley have been killed off.]]
- Never Suicide: In Issue 6 Swan states that he never actually hung himself, and that his brother Winslow strangled him to death.
- The Nicknamer: Norma has nicknames for everyone in Winslow Wonderland. It's stated by her sister that she used to call Barney "The Wrestler".
- Tragic Villain: The Watcher, who is Pugsley long twisted by demonic possession and war.