When Barney, Norma, and Pugsley move into a house on Morningwood Road, it turns out to be haunted, and a ghost named Pauline takes over Barney's body and traps him in the internet. Barney must find a way to escape the internet and get his body back.
With the original pilot having been a failure, the series has since been adapted into the comic Deadendia.
Dead End features examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: BarneyBarney: That's not what I'm looking for!God of the Internet: Oh, the domain of the Bare Naked Gentlemen is over there.Barney: 'Chuckles' Maybe later...
- Not really ambiguously in the comic, where he is straight up gay and trans.
- Calling Your Attacks:Barney: Death Punch!
- Demonic Possession: What Pauline does to Barney.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Everything on the internet.
- It's Not Porn, It's Art: Pugsley when caught looking at a website called Pughub.Norma: What the hell is that!?
- Mood Whiplash: Pauline's death. The short remains pretty lighthearted before and after, but she dies in obvious agony. Presumably from internal injuries. Pugsley even lampshades that this isn't funny, not that Norma or Barney care.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Pugsley. He comes back...Pugsley: Nope X 30
- Shout-Out: To all kinds of things (the 'Where's catbug' tweet being just one of them)
- Take That, Audience!: A few of the YouTube comments (in the short itself) are obvious potshots at the comments they expected to get in response to the actual YouTube video
- This Loser Is You: All three of the main characters.
- Too Dumb to Live: Dead End is clearly not a place any sane person would consider entering, much less moving into. It takes internet failure for them to even notice something's amiss, and a ghost actually appearing in broad daylight for them to conclude the presence of supernatural activity.Norma: Pugsley... what if the house we moved into was haunted?Pugsley: It might explain the wallpaper.[zoom out to the foyer, where the word "LEAVE" is scribbled on every surface]
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight:Pugsley: Norma guess what? Barney's trapped in the internet!Norma: Ugh, classic Barney... wait, what?
- Valley Girl: Pauline appears to be one.