- A Crown of Stars: Asuka to Shinji in chapter 20:Asuka:"If you wanna 'love me', Third, you better be ready! to! push! BACK!
- Advice and Trust: When Zeruel is about to strike Asuka and Shinji, Rei... goes nuts:Rei:"You... will not... harm them... I... will... not... permit... it!"
- In The Silmarillion huge fic Beyond the Dawn Beren slashes certain Orc in pieces with motto:No! One! Speaks! To! Me! This! Way!
- Child of the Storm has a few examples.
Dresden: What. The. Hell
- When Harry Dresden's informed that the Darkhold is loose.
Carol: What. The. Fuck.
- In the sequel, Ghosts of the Past, Carol Danvers' reaction to winding up in Pepper Potts' pregnant body during a "Freaky Friday" Flip.
I AM LIFE. I AM FIRE. I. AM. PHOENIX!
- And in chapter 15 of the sequel...
- Hail To The King: Shinji, when fights Leliel to protect Asuka:Shinji:"Get. Away. From. Her."
- Evangelion 303: In chapter 17 Rei asks what the Hikari's bachelorette party will consist of. Asuka explains it this way:Asuka: "Nude. Male. Review. Best in town."
- The Age of Dusk: I am master and king of all Space marines. Though you have cast aside your humanity, you are still Astartes, and you! Will! Kneel!
- Uninvited Guests. MY! NAME! ISN'T! SHIRO-CHAN! IT'S! CAPTAIN! HITSUGAYA! All the while beating the crap out of the assembled Espada.
- The first installment of the Deliver Us From Evil Series. If it isn't bad enough that a half-dead Sherlock Holmes is convulsing in his sleep, Dr. Watson quickly turns the moment into a Tear Jerker with these words (while he himself is crying): "I refuse to let you die, Sherlock Holmes, do you hear me? I refuse to let. You. Die.
- Once upon a Time: Abridged gives you this, when Snow White is about to win:
- A few in White Devil of the MoonFate: "Leave. Nanoha. Alone."Nanoha: "Don't call me that! That selfish, irresponsible, cowardly child is not me! I'm Nanoha, not Serenity! Na. No. Ha!"Nanoha: "And they will. Not. Hurt. Anyone. Else."
- One in A Posse Ad EsseDolly: "Ye. Hae. Bin. Given. Multiple. Chances."
- Harry Potter:Voldemort: I. Need. The. Stone.Snape: Have. You. Seen. Harry. Potter?
Harry: And afterwards I don't. Want. You. To punish. Yourself.
- In Night Flight Harry convinces a reluctant Zabini house elf to obey his orders.
McGonagall:''' So again, I say to you Albus Dumbledore: LEAVE. HIM. BE!
- In Passageways McGonagall is fed up with Dumbledore's manipulation of Harry.
Harry: We. Are. Not. Friends.
- In The Heir Harry is annoyed by Ron's stalker tendencies.
Harry: Like I said. Over. My. Dead. Body.Snape: I. Am. Going. To. Murder. Albus. Dumbledore!Sirius: Harry. Will. Never. Go. Back. To. The. Dursleys.Harry: Shut. The. Hell. Up. And. Die.Ron: So Potter gets special treatment again, does she? First years aren't allowed to own brooms.
- In Coexistence a pre-1980 Voldemort tries to Imperius Harry, whose spirit is temporarily possessing his mother's body into killing his own grandfather.
Draco: Duels aren't allowed either, but that's a rule I would definitely break. Just. For. You. Weasel.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
"And heres where the fun keeps getting better. Next time! On Pony! War! Z!"
- Ace Combat: The Equestrian War: Fluttershy yells "Leave and NEVER! COME! BACK!" at the two griffins, scaring them away with the Stare.
- Chaotic Harmony:
- In chapter 3, after Sonic is sick of Owlowiscious's limited dialogue: "Alright, thats it! Say who one more time. I dare ya, birdie! I. Dare. You."
- In chapter 4, as Rarity is asking Sonic to take a bath: Dont. You. Dare.
- In chapter 5, after Sonic noticed that Eggman captured Tails, Amy and Cream: Eggman! Let. Them. Go. NOW!
- In chapter 6, after Sonic is sick of Amy telling Tails to give her lines for her: I. Get. It. Thank you.
- Double Rainboom: "That! Wasn't! Very! COOL!" Doubles as Punctuated Pounding.
- Equestria: A History Revealed: Done a few times by the Lemony Narrator, the most notable of which was ending a chapter on a Shout-Out to Dragon Ball Z.
Zod: You will kneel before me, Daughter of Jor-El. Even if it takes my entire life and all my strength, you. Will. Kneel!
- Families: When Twilight goes Mama Bear to protect Spike from the teenage dragon gang: "Get. Away. From. My. Son!"
- Flash Fog: Well, Applejack drawled, the basic idea can be summed up in four words: Kill. It. With. Fire.
- At the end of Chapter six of Magnetism!, Rainbow Dash has had enough of everyone thinking her wing is broken, so she yells, "My! Wing! Is! Not! Broken!"
- Justice League of Equestria: General Zod during the final fight in Mare of Steel's first arc (also counts as Punctuated Pounding):
Night Strike: BITCHES. LOVE. CANNONS!
- During the Final Battle of My Little Avengers, this is how Captain Equestria wraps up his Shut Up, Hannibal! to the Ghost Flyer: "AND YOU! ARE UNDER! ARREST!"
- The Power of the Equinox:
- When the exposed Queen Chrysalis is about to explain her intentions in the wedding hall, Princess Cadance, desperate to make her leave before Dimmed Star (the transformed Twilight Sparkle) can come to do something horrible to her, interrupts her.Cadance: I don't care! I just don't. Fucking. Care!
- Spike when the Cutie Mark Crusaders are preventing him from going to Twilight's trial.Spike: Let. Me. Go!
- When Wind Rider wants Princess Celestia to detain Dimmed Star who has broken free of her restraints, Celestia only orders him to sit down.Princess Celestia: Sit. Down.
- Dimmed Star does this two times in the same conversation when she demands Spike to tell her who called him a pet.Dimmed Star: Who. Said. That? [ ] You have never once questioned anything of the sort, never once brought up the fact that you were different. You were raised to believe that you were equal, and you are equal. Somepony has infected your thoughts, and I. Will. Not. Have It!!
- When Cheerilee arrives at Scootaloo's house, Brutus Meadows repeats his initial question about her intentions this way.Brutus: What. Do. You. Want.
- Dimmed Star again when she's demanding from Cheerilee an explanation to why she and Brutus were fighting at her doorstep.Dimmed Star: Allow me to repeat the question. What. The fuck. Is going on out here?
- When Big Macintosh questions Applejack if Winona is trained well enough to sniff out ponies, she answers "Yes. Ah. Am."
- When the exposed Queen Chrysalis is about to explain her intentions in the wedding hall, Princess Cadance, desperate to make her leave before Dimmed Star (the transformed Twilight Sparkle) can come to do something horrible to her, interrupts her.
- From chapter 4 of Sonic Generations: Friendship is Timeless, after Spike pushed Amy's Berserk Button: "I. SAID. OPEN. THIS. DOOR!"
- Mayor Mare in A Special Offer from Shutterfly!: "How. Long. Each?"
- Turnabout Storm has several. None of them are played too seriously.
- Threatingly by the Judge after one of Phoenix's blunt remarks hurt Apple Bloom's feelings: "Mr. Wright, you are threading on Very. Thin. Ice."
- Rainbow and Applejack after Phoenix tries out his "I'm always Wright" pun: "That. Wasn't. Funny."
- Phoenix after Pinkie insists on not getting the difference between a ladder and a stepladder: "It's. A. Ladder!"
- Twilight in her Inner Monologue after learning that she's become a Living Lie Detector thanks to Phoenix's Magatama: "This. Is. AMAZING!"
- Vision: Rarity does this, due to fact that she's Rarity. She's also crazy as shit, due to the fact that she's in a BioShock crossover.
- Night Strike of Fallout: Equestria - Empty Quiver gets one in while bringing a 37mm autocannon to bear on a very unfortunate gryphon mercenary.
- Ed, Edd n' Eddy Z:
- Red Lightning has Double-D deliver a beautiful speech that's constructed ENTIRELY! LIKE! THIS! When he gets to the clincher, he managed to get a freaking ARMY of deranged Super-Psychos to shut up and listen to him.
- I! AM! TALKING!
- Examples from the Calvinverse:
- From Retro Chill: "I...... AM... NOT... THE... EARTH... POTENTATE!"
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series paints its medium to deliver one of these:
- The Legend of Total Drama Island normally uses ellipses when this effect is called for.Bridgette: I am going to make you eat every word.
- Roy Mustang delivers a subtle one of these in Brilliancy. He's in the early stages of a debilitating fever and it's just been made clear that his Living Emotional Crutch has been kidnapped, so the narrating character notes that it's pretty much costing him every ounce of strength just to talk.Find. My. Wife.
- In A Great Endeavor, "Purple. Pony. Girl!" is General McAuliffe's disbelieving response to seeing Twilight.
- In Saki: After Story, Teru tells Sumire, I. Do. Not. Have. A. Sister!
- Bait and Switch (STO):
- In Reality Is Fluid, Eleya mistakenly thinks that Professor Atani Dukat is responsible for sabotaging her ship.
- "The Road Not Taken": Alt!Eleya to a Klingon she arrests for assault:Klingon: Officer, this verengan—Trans.
Eleya: —is not worth ending up in ghetorTrans. for being shot in the back. Drop. Your. Sword.
- In Frozen Hearts: Hans has this to say to Heins when they are in Arendelle under assumed names.Hans: We. Cannot. Be found.
- Hivefled: dorky teacher Icatus Gritch goes Papa Wolf after one too many lewd comments from Shuran Harkol: "Do. Not. Talk. That. Way. About. My. Students."
- Marybelles Curse:"Oh. My. StarClan. I... I don't know what to say! I don't deserve this. This is such... such an honor!
- Kage: Jade to Miranda in chapter 5:Jade: Do I have to repeat what I said to those hardheads? I! Don't! Work! For! This! Phobos! Guy!
The Queen: Read my lips. I! Didn't! Do! It!
- The Queen of the Shadowkhan to Jade in chapter 11:
- Bruce Has a Problem: Damian Wayne runs into this with his cloned brother, Gideon.Gideon: I was created to be your better in every way! I was purified! Improved! I am what you should have been! Stronger! Faster! Smarter—!Damian: Tt. Oh, please. She obviously screwed that part up.
Gideon: Shut! Up! Brother! I am speaking!
Damian: You. Are. Shouting. Genetics aside, you are no brother to me.
- Zistopia: Chet goes berserk when he sees prejudiced rabbits attack Nick, who at this point has saved Judy's life, befriended all of the Hopps family, and proved to be safe around baby rabbits without a shock collar despite being a predator.Bully: Whoa, Chet, it was just a long-nose chomper! A friggin conniving fox!Chet: [pummeling the other rabbit to the ground] NICK WILDE! IS! A! SAINT! YOU! JERK!
- The Keys Stand Alone: The Soft World : When the angry Paul is pounding Zarrack's unbreakable axe head into the ground, he punctuates each strike of his fist with the four's Share Phrase: Don't! Fuck! With! Nine! Thousands!
- Ages of Shadow has Jade, in the middle of a Villainous Breakdown while losing the Final Battle, saying this while fighting off the monsters the Sun Souls send at her:"HOW! MANY! TIMES! MUST! I SHOW! I CAN'T! BE BEATEN?!"
- The Pieces Lie Where They Fell: Sunset Shimmer's thoughts, in which she states she will "Make. Them. Pay." (The "them" being Princess Celestia's murderer.)
- In Supergirl fanfic Hellsister Trilogy, Kara's reaction when she's whisked away from her vacation spot -where she was resting after getting almost killed by Darkseid- by the Legion of Super-Heroes who intends to drag her in another life-or-death struggle.Kara: (sighing, crouching and hiding her face) I. Am. Just. Getting. So. Damned. Tired.
- Megami no Hanabira: Father Phillips is fond of this.Phillips: I! AM! GOD'S! OWN! CHOSEN!
- Amazing Fantasy has Peter use this while giving Izuku dating advice.Peter: Here's a bit of free advice before you hit the dating scene. [jabs a finger at Izuku] Do. Not. Date. Supervillains. Not even morally ambiguous cat burglars.
- Oversaturated World: Group Precipitation - Blooper Reel, from, when Rainbow isn't getting Sunset's point:"Not. My. Point."
- In Origin Story, Alex Harris (a Kryptonian stuck in the Marvel Universe) speaks this way while instructing Moonstone on the message to be taken back to Henry Peter Gyrich and Norman Osborn:Alex Harris: Tell your bosses to leave me alone, or the next time Ill visit them in person. I dont want to fight. Im not robbing banks and Im not hurting anyone. Leave. Me. Alone.
Tony Stark: Why do you call her a thing, Norman?Norman Osborn: What?Tony Stark: (speaking slowly, as if to a four-year old) Why. Do. You. Call. Her. A. Thing. Norman?
- At another point in the story, Tony Stark gets to do it to Norman Osborn, but in a sarcastic manner instead of angrily:
- In Mall Rats, a fanfic of The Loud House, Leni says, "Leave. Him. ALONE!" to Lincoln's bullies.
- A Diplomatic Visit:
Spitfire: "Give. Me. The chance."
- In chapter 3 of the sequel Diplomat at Large, Bow Hot Hoof uses the same phrase twice - "BEST! FAMILY! EVER!"
- In chapter 6, when Luna shoots down Spitfire's complaints over not being involved in the war councils and asks if she's done anything, beyond simple seniority, to earn her ranking, Spitfire has this to say:
Pharynx: "I am really. Starting to get tired. Of you!"Twilight: "You! Don't! Touch! My! Friends!"
- Chapter 7 uses this a few times. Twilight's is overlapped with Punctuated Pounding.
- The Progenitor Chronicles (a Resident Evil fanfic): Rebecca, furious at the MC for risking his life after he recklessly runs into Bear University during a bioterror attack:Rebecca: What. THE HELL. Were you thinking?!
- In A Load Of Bulk, a fanfiction of The Loud House, Lana says, "They're... too... LIGHT!" about some weights she was lifting.
- In The Loud House fanfiction The Nightmare House, this happens twice:
- The first is when the old woman in Luna's nightmare brings up Sam, to which Luna responds, "Leave. Her. Out of this!"
- The second is when the demon-like sister impostors from Lincoln's nightmare tell him that if he let them be, he'd never be teased, to which he responds, "I. Don't. CARE!".
- In What You Wish For, when Lori Loud finds out that Lucy was the one who granted Lori's "wish" to not have a brother, she says, "WHAT. DID. YOU. DO?!".
- Sunsplit Saga: Sunspawned: "Okay, whatever you do, just act cool.": When the soon-to-be-named Sunset reflects on why Sunburst couldn't talk to mares, and what happened when he tried talking to them like stallions:"I mean, mares are people too, right?"
"So, just... talk to them like stallions!"
Sunburst blinked. "I... tried that once. It didn't... work."
"Oh. Right. That."
There was an awkward moment.
"In your defense," the construct pointed out, "she thought Saddle Rager was the best power pony. Obviously she was crazy."
"Oh, yeah. Radiance all the way."
"...I'm thinking a toss-up between Radiance and Matter-Horn."
- Homecoming, 2026: In a Shout-Out to the "This. Is. Sparta!" line of 300, to start off a Halloween event:This! Is! Halloween!
Punctuated For Emphasis / Fan Works