Red Lightning is a currently ongoing Ed, Edd n Eddy fan fiction, centering around Double-D and Eddy after having been hit by The Storm, a Mass Super-Empowering Event that has given a small portion of the Peach Creek community superpowers, and left an even smaller portion mentally stable.
Double-D and Eddy seem to have developed a hobby of fighting off Super-Powered Psychopaths (Super Psychos, for short) and have a bit of difficulty keeping there operation under wraps.
Season 3 seems to have spawned not one but two spin-offs. The first is TimeDancers, where Double-D embarks on adventures through time with his own son, and combats a myriad of historical villains. The second is LightningStrike, focusing on Hector's inheritance of the mantle as Peach Creek's defender. Season 4 came shortly after, with Double-D returning.
The Series has two spin offs, each by different authors. One being Chasing the Storm which Chronicles Lee Kanker's Activities after the Storm. and the other is Damnation A Crossover Between MediEvil and The 'Verse it's set in.
Shows a surprising amount of Fan-Art. The two hotspots can be found here, and are run by Author Hector Railway and Scissor Snipper (Who wrote Chasing the Storm and submitted a fair amount of characters)They can be found here —> http://redlightningpics.deviantart.com/And here—> http://redlightningdoodles.deviantart.com/
The series also has a Character Sheet.
Tropes Appearing in Red Lightning
- Affectionate Parody: The Whole Thing seems like what happens when you mix Misfits with Ed Edd n Eddy.
- Alternate History: TimeDancers downright states that the Storm is a recurring event throughout the world's history.
- Artifact of Concentrated Awesome: The Black Box
- Animorphism: Crystal Claws, who can turn into a large polar bear.
- Anyone Can Die: When they meet Vaughn Carpenter
- Arc Words: "Superhero" seems to be a massive one.
- "Vaughn Carpenter", echoed throughout the first book.
- A minor one, but "Boys and Girls come out to play, on the busy motor way." seems to echo whenever Conner sinks into madness.
- Bad Future: Happens in a four-parter of TimeDancers.
- Baleful Polymorph: Fur has the ability to turn people into Anthros. Bloody weirdo.
- Barrier Warrior: One of the more common superpowers.
- Beta Couple: An odd example, because it's hard to tell who it is. It could either be Double-DxMarie (because they've already done the romantic stuff before the series) or ConnerxYumi (because they're secondary characters).
- Big Eater: Seems to be a Standard Side Effect of the Storm.
- Taken to extremes with Jamie, who's had her entire body redesigned to do nothing but eat.
- British Brevity: The Format is laid out in seasons consisting of seven episodes each. Every Five Reviews adds another season.
- Updated, Now 10 Reviews add another season.
- The Charmer: Sally, due to her power. Conner, through natural charisma.
- Children Are Innocent: Tyler's Group.
- Chubby Chaser: A Standard Side Effect of the storm makes all Males this.
- Detachment Combat: Topper gets this power.
- Demonic Possession: Keiran does a less evil version of this.
- Differently Powered Individual: Super-Psychos are the local lingo. And rightly so.
- Elemental Punch: Lynn, who has the fire variant. Also Hector, with the electric variant.
- Fantastic Racism: Humans towards Super-Psychos. It's gotten to the point that picketers have signs that say "Super-Psychos belong in camps"
- Eddy's Dad seemingly takes this to the extreme.
- Five-Man Band: Very hard to clearly define the roles, as they are frequently passed around the main five cast.
- Former Teen Rebel: Lynn act's like one of these.
- Good Colours, Evil Colours: Subverted at Every Possible Turn.
- Half-Human Hybrid: A lot of Super-Psychos appear as this. Double-D is the only example not caused by the storm. His dad is MEGATRON!
- Intangible Man: A common power.
- The Juggernaut: Vaughn Carpenter is shown to be this. Nothing can actually slow him down, and anything that he perceives as a hinderence is quickly and brutally dealt with.
- Kids Are Cruel: Three kids were prepared to kill another boy there age because he had a physical mutation. If Conner hadn't intervened, it's likely they would have killed the kid.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Even Give Superpowers.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: More with Each Season.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Sally's Power.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: The Storm, and it's freaky Red Lightning.
- Monster of the Week: A Predictable Episode Plot.
- Opening Monologue
- Personality Powers: In Some Cases:
- Police Are Useless: Subverted, they're not Useless per say, just ill equipped in comparison to Double-D and Eddy, who can defend themselves against Super Psychos
- Rubber Man: Kevin gets this power due to the Storm.
- Shout-Out: Red Lightning has these like pennies on a sidewalk. These include:
- Stock Super Powers: Mostly Subverted
- Snowlem: Rasputin is this.
- Spoiled Brat: Tam counts as this.
- Time Travel: the main focus of TimeDancers as well as a common Secondary Ability
- Tom the Dark Lord: A lot of Super-Psychos were normal people before the storm, so they are content to refer to themselves as their given names, such as Tam.
- The Undead: Dead Head from TimeDancers is exactly this.
- Keiran turns into a variant of this.
- The 'Verse: In-Universe; encompasses Ed, Edd n Eddy, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Kinda Sorta)
- Also out of Universe, it encompasses Red Lightning, TimeDancers, Damnation & Chasing the Storm
- Villain-Beating Artifact:Apparantly, The Random and Pointless Grenade in Chasing the Storm, According to the Fury.
- Was Once a Man: While most Super-Psychos are able to pass for humans, there are some like Kafka who have almost no resemblance to what they once were.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Subverted:, Peach Creek is stated by the author to be placed in the United Kingdom of America, so both British and American customs, slang and currency appear.
- Taken to extremes with the introduction of a DollarPound.
- Your Brain Won't Be Much of a Meal: Dead Head manages to grab Kieran in his brain-hungry frenzy, only to put him down in disgust.