Powers: Super Strength, Flight, Intangibility, Sonic Scream, Cyber Shocks, Force Field
Cyber Boy was born in the final years of The Civil War of his Home Satelite. His two fathers were Coldboot and Shop, a Cybernite Lawman and Medic respectively, while his mother was eMail, a Cybernite Post Officer.
When Viral came looking for any and all survivors of the Cybernite Kingdom, eMail used her teleport powers to send Cyber Boy, her little pixel, to a location that was far away, and rich in data and signals, that would feed him and mask his scent, ensuring Viral would never find him.
Cyber Boy landed on planet earth in London in 1991, and was unable to find a sufficiently advanced system to function in. So he merged with a basic computer model belonging to Charlie Scrap, the first Data Boy. Years later in 2002, the now retired Scrap sold his old computer in a church jumble sale, the machine being bought by teenage genius Lee Yamashita. Yamashita managed to connect his iPhone to the computer, and the phones advanced system was good enough to allow Cyber Boy to function. The Cybernite infant managed to travel from the computer to the phone, and managed to materialize.
Tropes Relating to Cyber Boy
- Aliens Speaking English: He learned English from listing to episodes of The Archers, resulting in a really thick Brummie Accent.
- All-Loving Hero: For all his flaws, he's still very much this.
- Always Someone Better: He is this to Virus, his Evil Twin. He interests Lord Game, manages to beat Virus in every confrontation, and eventually succeeded Lord Game as ruler of all Cybernites
- An Ice Person: Like one of his fathers Coldboot, he can fire a freeze lock blast from his tail.
- Battle Couple: With Big Money.
- Beast and Beauty: The Beast to Cleo's Beauty.
- Beehive Barrier: His force-field is this.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Boy, they get a lot of mileage out this one. He only has two organs, has three parents, has a gender but apparently not a sex, has retractable holographic wings, which don't actually facilitate his flight, and is apparently made entirely out of light.
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Cyber Boy only has four, Sight, Hearing, Limited Touch, and Smission
- Cannot Spit It Out: Nurtured a very large crush on Bubble Girl for a very long time. When he finally did tell her she shot him down, unable to get passed his alien appearance.
- Combat Pragmatist: If he can do something to hurt you, he'll do it. His fighting style mostly consists of Fake Outs, Groind Attacks, Biting, ruthlessly exploiting any weak spot he finds, and when you're down, he will kick and beat you until he is SURE you can't get back up for a while.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: On a very vague sense, Cyber Boy is occasionally visited by "an angel" who may or may not be his mother, who warns of him of approaching dangers.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: After his Plot-Relevant Age-Up in 'Invasion', he gained Aerokinesis and 360' Vision.
- Eye Beams: He can fire Cyber Shocks from his eyes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Subtle, but his left hand and forearm is slightly larger and more developed than his right.
- Gemstone Assault: After eating actual matter, he can create and control crystals, usually firing them from his tail and mouth, but he can also create and levitate massive crystal glaciers. This later becomes his Signature Move.
- It should be noted that he is the only Cybernite to realise they can do this.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Played straight by Human Standards. He has 7 angels wings, fairly average for his species.
- When he becomes a royal Cybernite, His Angel Wings become Dragonfly Wings, noting him as exceptional.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Lee Yamashita. The two outright consider eachother brothers.
- Insectoid Aliens: He's often referred to as a giant blue cockroach, but in actuality he's more like an anthropomorphic ant.
- Intangible Man: He can switch to "soft light" to phase through objects and such.
- Kid Hero: Although 6ft. 5, and with an insanely deep voice, Cyber Boy is only eight years old in earth terms. In Cybernite terms, he's still only a "Pixel"
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His sonic scream, which can shatter rock and toss people about.
- Never Gets Drunk: Due to his alien biology, Alcohol has almost no effect on him. However, his diamonds, which he creates when he ingests matter, can and do get drunk when created from alcohol.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: When he became a Royal Cybernite, he became roughly twenty in Cybernite terms.
- Power Glows: He glows in the dark.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Pretty Fly For A Glowing Blue Alien: A core personality trait of his that he adopted from Earth culture is that he's such a wigger.
- This, combined with his Birmingham Accent, is just hilarious.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Was sealed inside an old PC since the eighties, and was released in 2012.
- Shock and Awe: His "Cyber Shocks" are basically beams of lightning.
- Teleportation: He can "email" himself to different computer hubs.
- Weaksauce Weakness: He only has a finite amount of charge on him, once he runs out without recharging, he vanishes back to wherever he's downloaded to until he can recharge.
- It's probably not a good idea to let him near magnets either.
- The West Midlands: As mentioned above, he has a really thick Brummie Accent.
- Would Hit a Girl: Justified, however, in Cyber Boy coming from a race without Sexes, and initially was unsure of what a female was even supposed to be. However, nowadays he just sees "human", regardless of age, sex or ethnicity, and acts to whatever extend he feels justified, given their crime.
AKA: Data Boy II
Lee Yamashita was a teenaged genius who was moved from Kyoto to Essex by his family. Lee was the one who bought Old PC at a church rummage sale, and activated him. Since then the two have been inseparable, and Lee was the one who became Data Boy, sidekick to Cyber Boy.
Tropes Relating to Data Boy II
- Asian and Nerdy: Of a very Adorkable variety.
- Arch-Enemy: Although he's locked horns with more than a few Supervillains, Hot Stuff in particular seems to have it in for him.
- Badass Normal: Just because he lacks superpowers, skill, or any considerable fighting skill, doesn't mean he's not this. In fact, taking on a horde of MeatHeads with only a cannon you made out of bits and pieces you found lying around without even being sure it would work has got to be pretty badass.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Princess Pink (the transvestite superhero), admits he's attracted to him.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To Cyber Boy, he's much more knowledgable
- I Just Want to Have Friends: He was very lonely guy before he met Cyber Boy.
- Legacy Character: The 2nd to wear the mantle of Data Boy, but the 1st to have no powers and be Cyber Boy's Sidekick.
- Teen Genius: He's a virtual genius in mathematics, engineering, and chemistry, with a photographic memory and advanced reasoning skills.
- Token Human: The first memorable human in the cast.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: The Crush Glove, perhaps the only invention that shows up consistently. Wearing it allows him to change his arms and legs into those of aliens and animals and car parts.
- The Spark of Genius: Implied to be the reason why is inventions can't be replicated.
- Of Course, perhaps Dr. Tarantula might not want to admit Lee is just smarter than him.
AKA: Hypno Man
Felix was the grandson of Manfred "The Goon" Goon, a pugilist crime lord in the eighties. Felix was a bratty, destructive teenage hellion that terrorised his parents and neighbourhood. Until he was kidnapped by the crime lord Organ Grinder, had his eyes harvested and turned into a cyborg slave.
On his first job for Organ Grinder, he was attacked by Police Brutality, busting the chip in his head that made him a slave. With his identity back, he went on a rampage against Organ Grinder's organisation, beating on any criminal he could find in the process.
Tropes Relating to Hypno Man
- And I Must Scream: Hypno Man's will often use his abilities to really, really screw over his victims. This can range from commanding them to stop breathing or telling an informant to say 'pterodactyl' in place of every other word when he's not talking to him.
- Not to mention Hypno Man's own situation. Kidnapped by a crime boss to have your organs harvested, forcibly turned into a cyborg, and then having your identity stripped away. Felix hints he was conscious during that period as well.
- By that logic, all of the Chain Gang is in that boat. Loads of Teenage Boys and Girls, all with various degrees of robotisization. Theres one girl with bits of her brain and her stomach missing!
- Anime Hair: Parodying the trope, he has three great, giant prongs of hair stick out nearly twice the length of his head.
- Anti-Hero: Of the 'Unscrupulous' type. He's vicious, socially maladjusted, willing to do anything to keep criminals off the street. He'll ruin peoples lives if they break laws or antagonise other people, and even when surrounded by allies, he's thinking of ways to take them down if they cross him.
- His Story Arc both Deconstructs and Reconstructs the trope over it's course, as his unwillingness to reconnect with the world around him and his single mixed vendetta at Organ Grinder has shown to be detrimental to his health. Also, his homelessness and survival on the street has left him a Fish out of Water in a normal, non-superhero setting.
- Arch-Enemy: Above all else, he has it in for Organ Grinder.
- Badass Beard: Rocks a frankly magnificent Lincoln Beard.
- Bash Brothers: With Cyber Boy and Mr. Pipes.
- Big Brother Instinct: To Cyber Boy and Lee Yamashita. He knows Cyber Boy can handle himself in a fight, but he takes lengths to stop Cyber Boy making a fool of himself in public, and god help you if you threaten Lee in front of him.
- In 'Invasion', he outright calls Cyber Boy is Little Brother.
- The Big Damn Kiss: With Bubble Girl after they become an Official Couple at the end of 'Those Are My Eyes'. Also at the end of 'Invasion'.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The Brooding Boy to Bubble Girl's Gentle Girl.
- Hypnotic Eyes: He has robotic eyes that let him Hypnotise people.
- Killer Yo Yo: Amusingly, its an Old Shame of his, that he used to use one when he first became a Superhero.
- Megaton Punch: his Grandfather's Forbidden Technique. Initally thought he and his father didn't inherit it, but during the zenith of 'Those Are My Eyes', it became an Mid-Season Upgrade.
- Morality Pet: Titanium serves as this to him, as it's their friendship and support that stop him from becoming a monster.
AKA: Bubble Girl
When she was young, Viola ate blackberries off of a bush that belongs to a crazy farmer near her home town. After she fell violently ill, the town superhuman found out that the farmer in question was an alien, growing alien parasites called Zlugulas in the form of blackberries. The Zlugula matured and fused to Viola's stomach, the two forming a symbiotic relationship.
The Zlugula feeds on Viola's calories, and in return generates a "Super Gas", that can be expelled as any gas Viola desires.
Tropes Relating to Bubble Girl
- Action Girl: Definitely
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She's head over heels in love with Hypno Man.
- Area of Effect: The gases she expels affect EVERYONE it catches, regardless of what side they're on.
- Badass Adorable: She is very. very cute.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The Gentle Girl to Hypno Man's Brooding Boy.
- Chemistry Can Do Anything: In any offensive, defensive, or stealth situation, she has a chemical that suits the purpose.
- Fartillery: If farting tear gas into enemy faces counts, then yes.
- Gasshole: Her only methods of expelling the gas are Belching, Farting, Blowing or Sneezing them out. It's most commonly the first 2.
- Hearing Voices: Apparently the Zlugula talks to her telepathically. We never hear what it says, but from her comments, they have a Master/Slave type deal.
- "It told me to dance for it" - Bubble Girl
- Hollywood Acid: She can belch out an acidic gas.
- Love Is in the Air / Hate Plague: She can create pheromones for all sorts of effects.
- Master Poisoner: She create choke people with clouds of toxic gas.
- Smoke Out: She provides most of the cover for Titanium's entrances and uses it to blind opponents.
- The Symbiote: Has one in her stomach of the Mutualism variety. She feeds it and it gives her powers.
AKA: Mr. Pipes
Powers: Pipe Control
AKA: Big Money
Powers: Bio-Editing, Lots of Cash
Tropes Relating to Big Money
- Balloon Belly: Her Signature Attack!, she uses her power to expand her stomach rapidly to act as a crushing attack.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Her battle form, massively muscular arms, hugely fat stomach, and retaining her angelic face, which she uses to "crack bad-guy heads". Her real form is actually very waif-like.
- Birds of a Feather: With Cyber Boy, both have no immediate family, feel it's their only calling in life to be a Superhero, both into Street Culture, and are both really, really weird. It comes as no surprise to anyone when it's revealed they like each other..
- Boldly Coming: Let's see, there's her outspoken attraction to Trojan, a Cybernite, Meathead Dave, Roda Kyln'r, a Grotian and her loving boyfriend, Cyber Boy.
- Crimefighting with Cash: A rare super powered example. She bankrolls Titanium, she buys the crew gadgetry, vehicles, and hideouts, and once stopped a weapons manufacturing ring by simply buying out a few companies and cutting off the production flow. She also pays for all the property damage.
- Fiction 500: She apparently owns a massive chain of companies, which she inherited when she was eleven. She has more money than some third world countries, and owns or has a stake in just about every major enterprise in London and Essex.
- No-Sell: She's completely immune to viruses and diseases, as well as any outside attempt to alter her biometrics.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Super Intelligence: A very passive Required Secondary Power. She has a very advanced knowledge of the human body and how it works.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: A Limited version. She controls every cell in her body, but only has enough mastery to control her body frame, muscularity, fat-deposits, pigmentation and hair. Bone structure is an awful lot more difficult for her, and changing her gender is almost too hard to accomplish.
- She has THE POTENTIAL to be a very powerful shapeshifter, but to pull it off she'd need to have a working knowledge of how each cell in whatever she's transforming into is put together.
- The Xenophile: She's been shown several times to relate to aliens moreso than Human Beings. Since she's the only Earth-Native member of Titanium who was born with her abilities, she may feel a little isolated because of them.
Powers: Psychic Link
Tropes Relating to
AKA: Big Ben / Strong
Powers: Super Strength
see The 80's above.
AKA: Space Invader
Powers: Telekinesis, Telepathy, Teleportation, Shapeshifting
Tropes Relating to Space Invader
- Hulking Out: When things get really tough, he's use his shapeshifting to assume an over muscled, buzz saw covered Orc Form.
- Our Goblins Are Different: He's a Grotian, basically the space alien that inspired the myths about Goblins, Gremlins, and Orcs. He's one of the tallest members of Titanium, has Psychic Powers, can Teleport, and Shapeshift.
- Robo Sexual: He is hinted to reciprocate H-T-C's feelings for him.
Human Thunder Cloud
Tropes Relating to Human Thunder Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence: She was originally Vy'nd's Nav Computer, but somehow gained sentience.
- Meaningful Name: The cloud part of her name refers to Cloud Computing.
George H. Jordan
AKA: Elastic Man
See The Delta Men Below
Powers: Electronic Boots, Super Speed
Rento was the most promising cadet for H.E.R.O., before being recruited by General Woker to keep watch over Chromazone, and be part of an elite team known as The Delta Men.
Tropes Relating to
- Badass Normal: He was the only member of the Delta Men without superpowers. At first. After using his one wish from Wishmaster, he gains super-speed for real. Along with Laser Eyes.
- It turns out he was brought on to the team by Project Afterall specifically because he was this. Chromazone couldn't absorb his abilities if he had none.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: He started as a H.E.R.O cadet, then got recruited for project Afterall, then became a superhero out of genuine altruism, participated in the attack on Superheroes, then switched sides and defeated Afterall.
- I Did What I Had to Do: He feels what he did in 'China Town' was justified. He isn't proud of what he did.
- Power Armor: His electrified boots, although they only cover his feet and shins. they are destroyed by Warp when he turns traitor
- Superhero Packing Heat: He owns a portable machine gun, which he used both as a Cadet, at the events of 'China Town',, and in his hero work.
- Super Speed: The Power his boots give him. he gets it for real with a wish.
- True Companions: When he realises he truely loves See-Through and the others are the only friends he's ever had, he defects. It comes back later, to his detriment, when he realises he can't kill Chromazone.
- Walking Spoiler
AKA: Captain Clock
Powers: Time Portals
Tropes Relating to
- Straight Gay: The guy off-handedly mentions several ex-boyfriends, and otherwise gives no indication of his orientation.
- Badass Gay: That being said, he'll kick ass with the best of them, and is a competent hunter and sniper.
Powers: Power Absorption / Superhuman Geno-Virus
Tropes Relating to
Gordan H. Jordan
AKA: Elastic Man
Tropes Relating to
Powers: Intangibility / Invisibility
Tropes Relating to
Powers: Reality Warper
Tropes Relating to
- Physical God: He's a CyncoDoradoform, and has immense control over reality and physics. And all his inspiration comes from cartoons!
AKA: Lord Game
Powers: Corruption, Multiple Arms, Super Strength, Flight
Tropes Relating To Lord Game
- The Corrupter: Any Cybernite he touches with his 2nd set of arms is turned evil.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: He has a very stubby tail, but he surrounds himself with female Cybernites, makes every effort to appear bigger than everyone else, and gets very defensive when his tail is brought up.
- Evil Is Bigger: He's noticeably taller than other Cybernites, even Trojan.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Due to his mutation, he has four arms. He uses his second set of arms to corrupt other Cybernites, either turning them into his slaves or feral animals.
The Vigilantes are the main protagonists of Red Lightning. They are a few people who were not naturally inclined to rampage after gaining there powers. Led by Rockwell, they make it a point to try to stop the various Super-Psychos from destroying their city.
Tropes Shared by All Members
- Ax-Crazy: For all their good will, altruism and general niceness, they are CRAZY MOTHERFUCKERS when it comes to fighting. They don't seem to have a concept of restraint, and cause a good lot of collateral damage.
- Badass Beard: All Vigilance members have sported facial hair in some point. Hector, Thomas, Vaughn and Finnlay in the present, Conner AND Rockwell after the time-skip.
- Brought Down to Badass: Any time the boys are stripped of their powers, they still manage to terrorise their enemies.
- Big Eater: All six of the boys can put away more than their body mass in one sitting. Rockwell in particular takes the cake.
- Necessary Evil: For all their destructive tendanies, when they were stripped of their powers in 'Human Afterall', the world quickly found out the lengths the villains where willing to go to WARRANTED their behaviour.
- Tyke Bomb: Used as this by the government in the "Terrorise" arc, when the boys were brainwashed into rampaging across enemy countries, only to be wrangled back when the government got what they wanted.
Power: Superhuman Speed, FTL
Thomas was given superhuman speed, stamina and reflexes by The Event, and is part of the minority left stable by it. Thomas has a strong morale fiber, which drives him to try and protect London. Thomas is a fast healer, which is largely useful because he often takes the most damage in fights. Thomas tries the hardest to balance his normal life with his super hero career as Flashpoint.
- Betty and Veronica: The Archie to Nikki's Betty and Leather Girl's Veronica.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Rockwell finds this obnoxious.
- Chubby Chaser: Is shown repeatedly to be one, such as going crazy around Nikki at Christmas time, deliberately buying smaller cloths for her, and don't even get me started on his browser histoy.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Easily takes the most punishment, by far. He always gets better.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's blonde haired, and is easily the nicest, sweetest Vigilante.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: He was temporarily turned into a Dragon Anthro by Fur.
- His spirit animal is also a Dragon, and he can understand the ancient language of Ba-Bbel.
- Iron Butt Monkey
- Lightning Bruiser: He's incredibly fast and durable, and he's strong enough to flip over cars.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Subverted, with Nikki, she prefers Thomas to Flashpoint.
- Played Straight with Leather Girl, who is very much in love with Flashpoint, but can't stand the idea of someone beneath the helmet.
- Nice Hat: His Woolly Hat
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: I! AM! TALKING!
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: The guys a MACHINE GUN when it comes to punching. See Signature Move below.
- Required Secondary Powers: Has a few, mainly his immunity to motion sickness is one. He vomits copiously without it.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Acknowledges he will get arrested if he's caught. Like anybody could ever catch him.
- Signature Move: Centipede Punch!
- Speed Blitz
- Super Speed: His main power
Power: Superhuman Strength, Metallic Skin, True Sight
Rockwell was given the ability to turn into a larger, stronger, metallic version of himself, a form he calls Quarterback. Rockwell is largely interested in his fame and opportunity to make money of his Super Heroics, but often shows a desire to help people, or at least help Thomas. Rockwell lacks Thomas's healing ability, but compensates by being virtually indestructible. Rockwell finds it easy than Thomas to balance between his hero and normal life, but mainly because the only people he really interacts with are involved in it.
- Artistic License Biology: His metal form is apparently solid metal all the way through. How does he even move?
- Big Eater: Taking the Blummin Cake on this one, he eats the most of the Vigilance, putting away three times as much as Thomas can.
- Chrome Champion: A rare Golden Example.
- Friend on the Force: His father is The Commissioner of The London Metropolitan Police Dept., and his girlfriend Jamie is a member of H.E.R.O.
- Made of Iron: Literally!
- Magical Native American: Hes Native American, and his grandfather trained him to be a medicine man during Age of Anubis, which resulted in
- Bee Bee Gun: He can see the language of bees, and ask them for help.
- Dishing Out Dirt: After being ordained as a Medicine Man, he was able to command the rocks to fight for him.
- Mook Maker: He can turn Trees into Ents, and Rocks into Golems.
- True Sight: He can see the true nature of things, such as trees and rocks talking to each other, and the true faces of Gods and Monsters.
- Meaningful Name: His alter ego - Quarterback references his love for, well, quarters.
- Double Trouble - His name could also reference the position in american football. Real Life quarterbacks tackle. Guess what Eddy's main offensive move is.
- Mighty Glacier
- Nigh-Invulnerability - His main power
- Super Strength - His other Power
- Worf Effect: Y'know Rockwell has magical powers, a completely invincible metal hide with more super-strength than any man has a right to have. Vaughn's Shadow tore through him like he was made of tissue paper.
Finley "Finn" Trevor
Power: Telepathy, Telekinesis
Finn is a newcomer to the country. Finn was also affected by The Event, giving him both Telepathy and Telekinesis. Finn also has a little sister, Sadie, who is a Super-Psycho. Finn was the first newcomer to join The Vigilance, and it was his death that inspired them to become The V-Team. Finn was killed in the finally of the 'Nemean Lion' arc, and was replaced by his lover, Future Fungus.
- Badass Gay
- Dating Catwoman: He fell for and dated FUTURE FUNGUS!! Who was with Conner's splinter group at the time. Averted later on, when Conner and Future Fungus joined the same side as him
- Embarrassing Pseudonym: He feels PixelFace is a little jerky and doesn't fit his motif.
- Not Quite Flight: He can hover for a few moments, or ride a giant slab of rock like a surfboard.
- Psychic Powers
- Psychic Nosebleed: Whenever he over exerts his powers, old cuts and bruises refresh themselves on his body, making it extremely painful for him to continue. Worse, these injuries must heal back in normal time.
- Sacrifical Lion: He was killed at the end of 'Nemean Lion', and it was his death that inspired the Vigilance to become a government sanctioned superhero team.
The Vigilance have accumulated a generous gallery of friends who, while not part of the core team, often help out when need be. Many were introduced in season 2.
Power: None However, when he takes a drug that gives him temporary powers, He gains Flight and Force Fields.
Ed, unlike the other protagonists, was not affected by the storm. Ed is surprisingly good at keeping his friends secret, and often finds himself in power-related shenanigans without Double-D or Eddy. Ed films his friends exploits and uploads them under his YouRoll username iJoker!.
- Ascended Fanboy: Ed REALLY enjoys doing "Stormy" stuff.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Played with. Ed has not been given powers by The Storm, but is treated as an equal part of the gang.
- Badass Biker: Becomes this at the end of season three, when Nathan gives him his bike.
- Barrier Warrior: Part of his SPB-Induced Powerset
- Big Eater: A rare, non-Storm example.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Despite Quarterback being the one with super strength, Ed is still freakin' strong.
- Cloudcuckoolander: And how!
- Clucking Funny: Temporarily turned into a chicken anthro by Fur.
- Day in the Limelight: The LightningStrike saga makes him Hector's sidekick.
- Demoted to Extra: He really got screwed. Not only did he fail to gain a super power, but he's all but been replaced by Finn. Tries to defy it in one of the chapters by providing information for Edd and Eddy.
- Eye Scream: In the bad future, both his eyes are missing
- Flight: His main power when he takes SPB
- I Just Want to Be Special
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: He gets better.
- In-Universe Camera: He films a lot of his friends exploits, and then posts them under the name iJoker.
- Mission Control: Or as close as the Vigilantes can get.
- Mr. Exposition: Tries to be this.
- The Team Normal: But at lest he has a pseudonym.
Marie Kanker is Double-D's girlfriend. She is described as having put on weight, as Double-D and Eddy's heightened metabolisms make them eat more, so Marie has gained a few pounds because of this. Marie is kinder than when she was a child, but still "wears the pants" in the relationship. Marie finds out in Episode 6 of Season 1, and did not take well to this fact.
- Big Beautiful Teen: Marie has put on weight in recent times, due to the side effect of Double-D's ability. He thinks it looks good on her.
- Fat Girl: She's normally indifferent, but she reacts badly to any sort of insult.
- Non Action Girl: She's the only one of the main cast who isn't directly involved in any sort of superhero shenanigans.
- Only Sane Man
- Opposites Attract: Double-D's lean, clever and freakishly fast, while Marie is fat (all though this is largely Double-D's fault.) of average intelligence and the stronger of the two.
- Perky Goth
- The Team Normal
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Hector is a member of The Bounce, a partially submerged nightclub. Hector is proven to be excitable, and is something of a nerd. Hector has the pseudonym Overload, and was given electrical Powers by the storm.
- Almighty Janitor: He's a barman and general handyman around the Bounce, but can create the most amazing thing and is just generally badass!
- Ambiguously Bi:He Slept with Ami,Vinyl, also With Nathan.
- Animal Motif: Moths
- Author Avatar: He is named Hector Railway, like the author.
- Calling Your Attacks: Although unlike Ami and Yumi, he probably does this out of habit.
- Day in the Limelight: Season 3 is mostly about him.
- Electric Slide: He can run at high speeds along power lines.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Implied he built the BFG outside the Bounce's door.
- He also created a power nullifier and implied to have created a robotic battlesuit.
- Hollywood Nerd
- Human Resources: A willing example. His electricity is rarely used for combat, and mostly just to provide free electricity for The Bounce.
- The Insomniac: Type C. He goes for days without sleep because there is too much to do, which effects him negatively.
- Otaku: He really likes Cheapo Sci-Fi.
- Psycho Electro: He's not evil, but he's very excitable and has electric powers.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: He created the cure for cancer, as in, the STAR SIGN. He is more interested in his own amusement than the good of mankind.
- Ride the Lightning: He did this in one chapter, during his Big Damn Heroes moment.
- Shock and Awe: He can zap people with his fists. And run on power lines. And control lightning strikes. And electrocute people. And everything else.
- Signature Move: SHAZAM!
- Spit Take: He did this when he found out Yumi was dating Conner.
- Trade Mark Favorite Food: He likes Soda.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Nathan. On the one hand, he and Nathan work well together, and are clearly on good terms, but Hector still considers it a "good day" when he was able to electrocute Nathan.
Ami & Yumi
Power: Pokemon Physiologies
Ami and Yumi are the owners of The Bounce. They were formerly from the show Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, until they decided to retire after being struck by the storm, turning them into Pokemon-versions of Funny Animals. They hire the Eds and Finn, in season 2.
- Ambiguously Gay: The author has taken to deriving great delight in implied Ami is a lesbian.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Relighting the Candle" shows that if Yumi cannot do this, she connot use her attacks. This probably affects Ami as well.
- Character Over Lap
- Cute Monster Girl: Both of them! Ami is a half Blaziken, and Yumi is a half Swampert.
- Elemental Powers: Being Pokemon, Ami and Yumi have these.
- Fetish: Resulting in a Too Much Information from Finn.
- Funny Animal: Of the Pokemon Variety. Ami is a Blaziken girl, while Yumi is a Swampert girl.
- Morality Pet: Yumi seems to be this for Conner.
- Otaku: They Love Pokemon!
- Ship Tease: Yumi has this, with CONNER of all people.
- Now developed into full blown UST.
- Troll: Ami is this.
AKA: Nazz van Bartonschmeer, Eddy McGee, Ed McKnight, Vaughn Carpenter
A Chameleon who wanted to be human, and developed shape shifting abilities by the storm. He intitally attacked the gang, picking them off one by one, but was defeated, and is released by Finn, becoming an ally.
- Morphic Resonance: His eyes remain reptillian, hence his trademark sunglasses.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Played With. It's rarely his eyes, which don't change, that give him away, but rather the fact that he's a terrible actor.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: He attacks the gang, and is a sentient Chameleon. However, he only attacks out of self-defense, as Finn attacked him without provocation for no other reason than that he is a Super-Psycho. After this conflict is resolved, he becomes an ally
- Shapeshifter Baggage: His true form is tiny, but is able to take on the forms of full sized humans.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: His Power.
Power: Ravenous Hunger, Powerful Jaws, Acidic Saliva
Jamie is a girl who was possibly given the shortest end of the stick possible by the storm. She is cursed with never-ending, ravenous hunger. However, she finds happiness in the form of Eddy.
- American Accents: Dixie
- Balloon Belly
- Big Eater: To an extreme!
- Blessed with Suck: Oh yes. Not only is she in constant pain from hunger, it's not even much of a power, more of a flat-out dissability!
- Extreme Omnivore: She can eat plates and museums for crying out loud.
- I'm a Humanitarian: She almost ate Eddy once.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: A rare written example. Jamie is sometimes written with a heavy Dixie accent, but this slips from time to time.
AKA: Shining Fury
Power: Control over Light
A Mysterious newcomer who works at the Bounce as a Special Effects Technician. Nathan is almost impossibly nonchalant to the insanity around him. It turns out that he's a Super-Psycho too, Who came from Lemon Brook to Chase after his Crazy Brother
- A Date with Rosie Palms: His magazine in an underwear draw scene heavily implies he does this.
- Badass Biker
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Alex's Cain
- Deadpan Snarker: Is painted this way in every way.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- Green Lantern Ring: What he can do with his power.
- Light 'em Up: His power
- And Nathan from Misfits Which he seems to be an Expy of
- Not So Above It All: He readily engages in Hector's game of cheese slice snap.
- Only One Name: Nathan. Just Nathan.
- Put on a Bus: He leaves at the end of Season 3, to become Lemonbrook's superhero.
- The Stoic: Is this to end. He managed to keep a straight face even when being beaten horrendously by Hector's Insta-Villain.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A Pony from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, that was created when Ed encountered a guy with a "Magic Pencil Power". She remains at the Bounce, much to Nathan's chagrin.
AKA: Mr. Impossible
Power: Super Stretching
Kevin was given powers by the storm, the ability to stretch like rubber. Kevin is still grouchy, and when Nazz rejects him, Kevin goes berserk, using his powers to wreck a large portion of the Industrial District. Kevin loses his memory thanks to a blow to head by Eddy, and is currently looked after by Nazz. In season 2, he begins dating Vicken. His Powers come from his flexible morals.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Well, Defeat Means Amnesia, Which Result's in Friendship.
- HeelFace Turn: Of Sorts
- Hero of Another Story: He has his own team, which judging by their only scene, looks an awful lot more expensive and cool.
- Identity Amnesia: The reason for his HeelFace Turn
- Jerk Jock: Played straight at first, then subverted.
- Nice Hat
- Rubber Man
AKA: Victory Girl
Power: Limb Sprouting
Vicken was a girl who began to date Kevin after his amnesia altered his personality. When Nazz attempted to bully her out of the relationship, Vicken retaliated (albiet unintentionally) by using her power to snap Nazz's limbs. Vicken had the ability to sprout limbs from any surface, which was born out of her pragmatic and "hands on" nature.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Her Power
- Perky Goth
- Shout-Out: To Nico Robin
- Temporary Bulk Change: Is fattened up to cartoonish proportions because of Hector's antics.
Power: Concrete Manipulation
The most major of minor characters, Rolf is a good friend of Kevin's, and seems to be the man who cleans up all the damage around town.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Well Concrete, anyway.
- Repetitive Name: Type 1.
- Ridiculously Successful Future Self: He's a mayor in the future.
AKA: Captain Melonhead
Power: Plant Manipulation
A very minor character.
Power: Sound Manipulation
Conner is a complete sociopath and wishes to wipe out anybody not affected by the storm. Conner is always smiling, and has the personality of a young child, wishing to be friends with everybody with powers, and seems to regard a fight with Double-D as a game. He is shown to dislike discrimination for the Super-Psychos by the police. Conner has a large loudspeaker grafted to his chest, and can create devastating sonic blasts. This physical mutation has evidently made it impossible form him to live a normal life, as thunderous techno music appears to play whether he wants it too or not. Conner's power comes from his love of music.
- Affably Evil: He's down right chipper most of the time, and seems genuinely shocked when Double-D takes a dislike to him.
- Animal Motifs: Bats.
- Anti-Villain: He's pretty much the poster boy for this trope.
- Artistic License Biology: Double-D says that his lungs are either absent or have been made redundant.
- Body Horror: The Speaker on his chest seems to have been cauterized onto his skin.
- Cursed with Awesome: The speaker on his chest is capable of being quite destructive, and Conner is so far the character who has caused the most collateral damage. But the drawback is he cannot hide his speaker, nor can he turn of the music.
- His Super Hearing is also this. He hears every little noise humanity makes all at once, which manifests itself as a drumbeat.
- Father to His Men
- Freudian Excuse: Revealed in his Villainous Breakdown, that his parents didn't want him anymore, because of his mutation.
- His attempted extermination of humanity is partially justified, because Humans make an unbearable amount of noise, the Conner tried to snuff out.
- Friend to All Children: Played With, he was willing to kill almost all the children in Peach Creek, but Finn let's Sadie stay under his care, because he wouldn't let anything happen to her.
- Gale-Force Sound
- Hope Bringer: The Sweet Baby Among Us claims that his greatest power is not the ability to manipulate sound, but the ability to inspire hope in Super Psychos who have had there lives stripped away from them because the storm altered them too drastically.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Played With, he wants to be normal, but his definition of normal is a world where everyone has powers.
- Leitmotif: The Thunderous Techno Music that follows him around.
- It is also affected by his mood. When he's angry, it's heavy metal.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: A variant. He doesn't shout, but has a large speaker on his chest.
- Meat Puppet: Vaughn was able to inject himself into Conner's body.
- Musical Assassin
- No, Mr. Bond, I Expect You to Dine: Genuinely believes that he and Double-D are good friends, to the point he made them a gift basket when he and Finn were sick.
- No-Sell: His Immunity to Sadie's Powers.
- Ship Tease: Has this with Yumi.
- The Sociopath: Genuinely doesn't realize global genocide is a bad thing
- Super Senses: His hearing. Conner hears EVERYTHING
- Tractor Beam: He can do this with sound, for some reason.
- Trade Mark Favorite Food: Seems to have a thing for Curly Wurlys.
- Weak Spot: The slighted tap to his speaker will send him flying at high speeds.
Finn's little step-sister. Sadie was given the ability of Hypnosis, and can force people to do anything she says via eye contact. Sadie has let her power to tempt her into doing whatever she wishes, as seen when she manipulates Double-D to fetch her a large ammount of sweets. She joins Conner's gang. Her Powers come from her want for control.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Despite her general mockery and lack of empathy for Conner, she is quite possible the only one of his friends that joined out of her own choice.
- The Season 2 Finale proves that she still loves Finn, and relies on him to protect her.
- Big Eater: She Loves her Sweets.
- The Dragon: To Conner.
- For the Evulz: The reason she made Double-D act like a pirate.
- Hypnotic Eyes: They glow indigo when using her powers.
- Morality Pet: Despite being evil, she is still Finn's little sister and protecting her is his first priority.
- Neutral Female: She doesn't get into fights like the others, and she's the member with the fewest combat applications to her powers.
- Self-Made Orphan: She killed her own parents.
- Surrounded by Idiots: She's the only one who doesn't actively participated in The Underground's more childish ventures.
- The doesn't mean she's unwilling to exploit these activities.
- Trade Mark Favorite Food: Shares Conner's love of Curly Wurlys.
- Token Evil Teammate
AKA: The Burrowing Owl
Power: Tunneling, Flight
Cameron is a Super Psycho recruited by Conner (Or quite possible, Sadie). He is some sort of hybrid between an Owl and a Human, with the ability of flight and tunnelling, making him a dangerous opponent either in the air on on the ground.
- The Big Guy / The Brute: Depending on whether you see the gang as good or evil. Either way, he's definitely the muscle.
- Conner even says he's the "Quarterback" of the group.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Fast Tunnelling: Arguably his main power.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's part owl.
AKA: Harlequin Bondage
Power: Genius with Robotics
A girl who was recruited by Sadie to join the Underground. Harley is a genius with all things mechanical, especially Robotics. She likes to wear clown make-up and is often partnered with Future Fungus.
- The Chick: She's this for Conner's group.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Monster Clown: Her fashion states she tries to be this.
- Punny Name: Nelson & Winnie.
- Villainous Crush: She has this on Ed.
- Wrench Wench
AKA: Future Fungus
Power: Plant Manipulation, Time Manipulation
John is some kind of walking grass-man, and hails from Baltimore, from some unspecified time in the future. John can control both Plants and Time, but rarely uses the later gift. John dislikes his name, preferring to use his alias. Future Fungus.
- Badass Gay
- Elemental Powers: Has two.
- Planimal: He seems to be some kind of moss man.
- Scary Black Man: He's used to be black, but now he's a Scary Green Man.
- The Smart Guy
Greg Webster is a later addition to The Underground, having earned his spot by applying for the spot. Webster can control the wind, to such a degree it can be used indoors.
AKA: Atomic Dom
Power: Self-Detonation, Regeneration
Dominic is an UKA/Jamaican in his late teens. Dom went on a rampage. He was given the power to turn any part of his body to a bomb, then grow it back. His powers come from his explosive temper.
- Ascended Extra: He was introduced as just another Freak of the Week. Then he became the main antagonist, following Conner's mellowing out.
- Bastard Boyfriend: He plays this in spades when he's first seen. He gets he literally gets crushed for his troubles.
- The Berserker: He has quite a temper.
- Big Bad
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Having a Blast
- One-Winged Angel: ExploDom, a lumbering explosion in the shape of person. The Transformation is even referred to as going "One Winged"
- Scary Black Man
- Stuff Blowing Up: His Power.
Milo is a duplicator, caught using his powers to wage a turf war on the Skinwalker Cartel. Milo has been proven "Unstable" by psychiatric tests.
- Cloning Blues: Subverted. Apparently the clones are not very bright and are made to be expendable.
- The Dragon
- Little Bit Beastly / Idiot Hair: His artwork shows he has feelers.
- Me's a Crowd
- Minion Shipping: With Elesa.
- Quirky Mini Boss Squad
- Self-Duplication: He's power.
AKA: Saw Boss
Power: Can Spit Buzzsaws
Gordon has the ability to spit buzz saws, an ability deemed too dangerous for society.
- Deadly Disc
- Evil Genius: Seems to give this vibe.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Spitting Buzz Saws is logically, deadly. Deadly enough for him to be locked up.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Spitting Buzz Saws is one of the more directly lethal powers, but it does have a ''limited'' range of household applications.
Power: Can Inflate Her Fists
Elesa has the power to inflate her fists, a power she was using to extort money from her peers. Despite being a very petite and cute girl, she is actually voiced by Fat Albert.
- Asian Airhead: She's Taiwanese, and very, VERY, stupid.
- Bare-Fisted Monk
- The Brute
- Crossdressing Voice
- The Dark Chick: She is also this.
- Dumb Muscle
- "And we can bust out, easy peasy lemon-ugh, the other thing." - Elesa, demonstrating her fantastic understand of idioms and language.
- Minion Shipping: With Milo.
- Shout-Out: To Pokemon. She's named after the fourth Black & White gym leader.
AKA: The Sentient Pier
Power: Absorbed into the Pier
A flamboyant associate of Conner who was absorbed into a waterfront carnival, which he can control. Percy is also a living squat, as he houses the Super Psychos that have been physically mutated.
- Camp Gay: Good LORD.
- Big Damn Heroes: A few characters had this, but Percy deserves special mention for the most impressive entry.
- Genius Loci: He's a sentient pier
- Making a Splash: He drags a large portion of ocean with him to move around.
- Shipper on Deck: For Conner & Yumi
AKA: Big Guy, Liverpudlian Carlsberg & Runner
Power: Cyborg Upgrades (Liverpudlian can attract Super-Psychos)
The Skinheads are a gang of local hoodlums who work for the mafia. The each receive cyborg upgrades from the mafia, and are often unfortunate victems of the storm, because Liverpudlian is a Power Magnet.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Liverpudlian still cares enough to send Jamie a wedding cake to snack on while she's in building 7
- The Big Guy: Big Guy, who else.
- Blessed with Suck: Liverpudlian has the power to alter probability and attract people with powers
- Cyborg: They become this.
- Dirty Coward: Runner
- Freudian Trio
- In a Single Bound: Liverpudlian can do this with his robotic legs.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Big Guy, after his upgrade.
- Power Nullifier: Big Guy is this after his upgrade.
- Use Your Head: Runner becomes this after his upgrade.
Jimmy has been pottering about on planet earth since the dark ages. He knows the most about The Fury and keeps a journal that descripts the events of the Time Dancers.
- Blessed with Suck: He can no longer eat or sleep, and has been isolated since the year 50BC.
- Catchphrase: "Spoilers"
- Complete Immortality: He is alive an conscious all the time. He does not age and can regenerate from any damage.
- Disney Death: Justified, Since He's Immortal
- Foreshadowing: Was vaguely mention in episode 5 of season 2, as the boy survived a spiking by Tamara Pines.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Mr. Exposition: He is this with The Fury's book.
- The Needless: See Above
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Justified, seeing as he received his Complete Immortality when he was only eleven.
- Non-Action Guy: He practically vanishes during fights, with a few exceptions.
- Older Than They Look: He's looks eleven. but was alive since the year 50BC.
- Walking Spoiler: In-Unverse and out.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?
Another pony drawn by the guy with the magic pencil power. She is Pinkie Pie's best friend.
Vaughn is a so far unseen character that a few Super Psychos have encountered. He is mentioned by the Chameleon as somebody to be bewared. It turns out he's a disembodied shadow, and has so far racked up the highest body count of the series, killing off several bystanders and one reoccurring character.
- Agony Beam: he gains one after eating Torture Man
- Big Bad: Is showing signs of this.
- Brown Note: His giggle is described to break small bones, cause nerve damage and kill small animals.
- His voice alone has been described to cause a small stinging sensation.
- Cannibalism Superpower: If he eats a Super-Psycho, there's a chance he'll get their power.
- Casting a Shadow: He is one, and can turn into a 2-d shadow to glide upon the ground
- Depraved Bisexual: He killed Morgan via a deadly Blowjob and pretty much raped Conner in mid-ar
- The Dreaded: "Beware Vaughn Carpenter" and rightfully so
- For the Evulz: He dropped Miku to her death and then attacked Conner to stop him from saving her. This was done merely for a laugh.
- Arguably, he kills, tortures, rapes, and eats innocent people for no other reason than he enjoys doing it.
- I Am A Humanitarian: He's happily eat children, Super-Psychos, and anything else.
- Psychopathic Man Child
- Rubber Man
- The Unseen: Up until Malice in Wonderland