Metro is a series of Fan Fic stories set in the Whateley Universe, written by Null0Trooper. The stories focus on Mads 'Metro' Jensen and his 'soul mate' Thomas 'Valravn' Jensen, two inter-dimensional refugees who ended up in at Whateley due to a confusing series of events (possibly involving body swaps and/or magical cloning).
Not related in the slightest to the Russian literature series and video game franchise, Metro, which can be found here.
- Metro 1: Chewing Through The Straps:
- "Metro: Pictures of You"
- Smithy 1: If I Had A Hammer
- "Fall Rush"
- Metro 2: Running With A Devil
- "Meetings By Pale Moonlight"
Metro has examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Mads' original parents treated him as something to eventually be disposed of. Fortunately, he was rescued from that disposal by the woman whom he would later consider to be his real mother.
- Broken Bird: A year of intensive surgical interventions, and two years of advanced psychotherapy barely brought him up to "functional".
- Animals Hate Him: Mads' skin emits a number of pheromones that signal "apex predator". Only a few land animals can tolerate that. If that doesn't scare off Lassie, he also has a form of a Fae Glamour, which causes him to give a sense of foreboding (described as feeling that one is walking through the remains of a recent battlefield and/or a cemetery) to those around him.
- Child Soldier: Mads started basic weapons training at 5, and was working as a hired mercenary at 15.
- Child Mage: Mads has had a talent for magic since he was 12, while Thomas is technically an Air Elemental bound to human form.
- Cunning Linguist: He is able to speak and read English, Arabic, Russian, Danish, and Old Norse, and is vaguely conversant in some others, though his Danish needs some work.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Metro was abducted for the use of a group of private entertainment contractors at age 12 (said "disposal", above) the scars this left run deep.
- Glamour: Though in some ways his 'death aura' is more of a Glamour Failure.
- Happily Adopted: Mads' adoptive mother treats him far better than his biological parents ever did.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Metro has No Social Skills, and much of the time what skills he does have are undercut by his unsteady mental state. He also has seen some of the worst which three different worlds have to offer. He is constantly blurting out things which shock even the most hardened faculty members.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Mads has been known to shift into a dire wolf-like canine form.
- Those Two Guys: Mads and Thomas. The stories started out as commentary on recent canon stories.
- The Wild Hunt: One night a year, his body is possessed by the Master of the Hunt.
- Trapped in Another World: a zig-zagged version; they are (non-)Canon Foreigners from the Shadowrun universe, though Word of God states that it not actually an alternate timeline, but rather, in this universe Alfheim continued to develop in parallel to the mortal Earth, leading to a world which resembled that of the game. They are technically able to return to their home reality, but it could be a bad idea.