Back to character index.
Voiced By: Rhona Rees
A farm girl and Army mechanic from Central Queensland, Gridlock is equipped with Trax Stingers, expanding caltrop mats that slow down and damage enemies.
- Assault Rifles: One of Gridlocks primary weapon options is the Lithgow Arms F90: the latest (as of 2019) variant of the Austeyr AUG used by the Australian military.
- Badass Driver: According to her bio, she can pull-off daring, albeit reckless, maneuvers behind the wheel. Essentially in terms of skill, Gridlock is to four-wheeled vehicles as Mozzie is to motorbikes.
- Bash Siblings: She and Mozzie have known each other since high school and theyve practically been inseparable since joining the SASR, having taken part in many missions together. In both of their in-game profiles, Harry noted that hes interested to see if pitting them against each other will affect their friendship in any way.
- Farm Girl: Born and raised in a farm. As is usual for this trope, she misses the old farm life as much as she complains about it.
- Genius Bruiser: Dont let her brawny looks fool you; Gridlock is a mechanical engineer by trade who also knows a great deal about robotics and vehicles. In addition, the Trax Stingers were her idea and, with some help from Rainbows engineers, she helped create the man-portable version she uses in-game."Gotta keep the mind in working order. It is the sexiest muscle, after all."
- Handguns: Gridlock can select the Sphinx SDP 9mm as a secondary, which she shares with Mozzie.
- Heroes Love Dogs: She owns a working dog named Izzy◊.
- The Leader: Subverted. Harry notes that while Gridlocks personality and skills should land her a higher spot in the SASR chain of command, she refuses to take a more active leadership role for some reason.
- Meaningful Name: Her gadget allows her to slow down or completely block off traffic in an area, like a gridlock.
- Mighty Glacier: As the first DLC Heavy Armor Attacker, Gridlock is one of the slowest characters in the game but can take a bit more punishment than the rest.
- More Dakka: Gridlock can also choose the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon as a primary. Its basically identical to Capitãos LMG; the main difference is that her weapon uses a 60-round detachable mag.
- Not the Intended Use: As both Gridlock's and the gadget's names imply, the Trax Stingers are meant to stop vehicles. They're still clearly useful against personnel, though.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Gridlock is the Blue to Mozzies Red, as shown in their teaser trailer. Compared to the latter, she is a lot more stoic and laid-back, casually enjoying a beer while waiting for the signal to get into action.Mozzie: It's, uh... quiet here?Gridlock: Mmhmm.*beat*Mozzie: (laughing) It's like really, really, REALLY...quiet...Gridlock: Was quiet.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: As with Mozzie, Gridlock can pick the Remington 870 MCS Masterkey (known in-game as the "Super Shorty") as a secondary weapon, which shes seen pumping with one hand in the teaser trailer.
- Smoke Out: She has access to Smoke Grenades.
- Stout Strength: While she's not as lithe or slender as other female Operators, Gridlock is strong enough to lift things they'll struggle with on their own, such as a frigging truck engine◊.
- Trap Master: Her Trax Stingers are essentially a better version of the Defenders Barbed Wires. They come in massive canisters that automatically unspool themselves when thrown, spitting out multiple expanding Stingers along a wide radius. While they do small amounts of damage over time, the Stingers slow down their victims and can even kill them. They also make noise when stepped on, giving Attackers a heads-up on would-be roamers and flankers.
- Wrench Wench: As if the tools on her chest rig and wrists arent a giveaway, she is also seen tinkering with Mozzies motorbike in Operation Burnt Horizons menu screen.
Voiced By: Martin Copping
- Attention Whore: Downplayed; Mozzie does not necessarily beg for attention all the time, but he is a braggart once all eyes are on him. As Harry puts it, he is "a showman at heart" whos especially proud of his biking skills.
- Awesome by Analysis: Mozzie is not just a speed freak, he also thinks fast on his feet. It is said he can analyze any situation, then formulate and execute a plan when others are still getting their bearings.
- Badass Biker: He served in an infantry battalion that uses motorcycles and ATVs for reconnaissance. His bio page depicts him riding across a desert, with one hand on the handlebars and the other wielding his shotgun.
- Badass Moustache: A mighty fine set of whiskers on this bloke, although its often obscured by his helmet.
- Bash Siblings: As said in Gridlocks entry, she and Mozzie have known each other for a long time and are rarely seen apart after they joined the military. Their claim to fame was the 2015 Esperance bushfires, where they were both commended for leading a daring rescue mission into the blaze to save some trapped firefighters.
- Boisterous Bruiser: What Mozzie lacks in brawn he makes up with unbridled enthusiasm to get into the thick of things, be it saving rescuers from a raging bushfire or chasing down a convoy hijacked by terrorists.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Arguably one of the best examples in the roster so far, considering he fits in more as a stunt driver or extreme sportsman than a special forces soldier. In fact, he was only allowed to join the SASR provided that he refrained from talking back.
- Cool Helmet: Wears a military-style biker helmet and a pair of aviators, both of which go with his off-road daredevil persona. The helmets on his Operator icon too.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He might come across as a reckless goofball, but Mozzie also knows a great deal about drones. Even Dokkaebi herself is impressed by his programming skills, judging from her analysis of his Pest Launcher.
- Finger Gun: His Operator portrait has him doing this pose. His wife◊ seems to have taken after him too.
- Hack Your Enemy: This is the whole point of Mozzies Pests. He can launch them directly at an Attackers drone (including Twitchs Shock Drones) or deploy them as traps that automatically latch onto any drone that ventures close. Either method will grant Mozzie his very own mobile cameras, which other Defenders can also use to spot with through their observation toolsnote .
- Handguns: Mozzie can use the 16-round SDP 9mm as a secondary weapon, similar to Gridlock.
- Happily Married: To a woman named Lozza, who's heavily-pregnant with twins when Mozzie was recruited into Rainbow. One of his conditions for joining the Team was for Six/"Harry" to support his wife and kids in case anything happens to him.
- Meaningful Name: Mozzie is Australian slang for mosquito, a fitting name for a hyperactive, reckless, and annoying individual to deal with.
- Middle Child Syndrome: As the middle child in his family, Mozzie received much less attention from his parents. It's one of the reasons why he became an adrenaline junkie, as it seemed to be the only thing that got them to notice him.
- The Napoleon: At 1.62m (54) tall, Mozzie is the shortest male Operator by far. This gives him quite an inferiority complex, which (Harry believes) he hides by being a loudmouth and a showoff. Suffice to say, its a bad idea to joke about his height.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mozzie is the Red to Gridlock's Blue, as wonderfully demonstrated in the Operation Burnt Horizon teaser trailer. Whereas Gridlock quietly sips beer while waiting their orders, Mozzie is restless and impatient, and he almost literally jumps into action the moment theyre told to move out.Radio: Attention. Convoy entering the sector in five minutes.Mozzie: Yes! Hahaha! (runs to his motorbike and rides off) Woooo!Gridlock: *sighs* (pumps her shotgun)
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Harry also notes that Mozzie is quite vulgar.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Like Gridlock, his other secondary weapon choice is the "Super Shorty" Remington 870 MCS Masterkey, which is prominently depicted in his Operator portrait and bio page.
- Shout-Out: His real name is most certainly a nod to Max Rockatansky and Jim Goose.
- Submachine Guns: Mozzies primary weapons are the P10 'Roni' Personal Defense Weapon and the Colt RO991 submachine gun (called "Commando 9mm" in-game). The latter is erroneously classified as an Assault Rifle despite not being chambered for rifle-caliber ammunition.
- A Taste of Their Own Medicine: Do you want to terrorize Attackers with Twitchs Shock Drones? Bring Mozzie along!
- Thrill Seeker: In his spare time, Mozzie is fond of dune-racing, skydiving, off-road biking, skydiving with an off-road bike and more. Theres never a dull and safe moment with him around.
Voiced By: Julie Lynn Mortensen
A NATO covert agent from Denmark whose existence is known only by a few, Nøkk is equipped with the HEL Presence Reduction device, which makes her invisible to cameras and reduces the noise of her footsteps.
- Blinded by the Light: She can equip flashbangs as a secondary gadget.
- Cold Sniper: Nøkk is actually a highly-skilled sniper, even though her loadout in the game does not reflect that, and she has an icy demeanor to match.
- Composite Character: Her gadget acts as a sort of fusion between Vigil's ERC-7 and Caveira's Silent Step. Her outfit is also somewhat reminiscent of Vigil's, being one that completely covers her appearance.
- Creepy Good: Nøkk works for the benevolent Team Rainbow, but that doesn't make her any less frightening.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Nøkk has a uniform that resembles a ghost, a past shrouded in secrecy, and a gadget that helps hide her presence from opponents. Nonetheless, her bio states that she "harnesses a spirit of loyalty" and "has managed to hold onto who she is at her core". She is also very devoted to her mother and her country, and she respects her father enough to protect his reputation, despite him being absent for much of her life.
- The Faceless: Unlike Vigil, Nøkk's default headwear completely hides her facial features, including her eyes. However, this piece of concept art◊ gives us an idea what she looks like underneath all her gear.
- Firing One-Handed: She will shoot her primary weapon this way whenever the HEL device is active. Aiming down sights will cause her to rest the gun on her forearm.
- Handguns: Her secondary weapon choices include the FBI Operators' 5.7 USG and the Navy SEALs' D-50.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Averted. Her face is completely masked by both a helmet and a mesh veil draped on her head. This is a real-world Danish military uniform, but for the maritime Frømandskorpset special forces rather than the land-based Jægerkorpset.
- Heroic Bastard: Heavily-implied in her bio. Nøkk was raised solely by her mother for a while and her father's family didn't even know she existed until much later. The family seems to be very prominent in Denmark, since Nøkk agreed to keep her identity a secret for their sake, knowing it will cause a huge scandal if it ever got out to the public.note
- Jump Scare: Her teaser trailer ends with her de-cloaking in front of the camera as a Scare Chord plays.
- Meaningful Name: A nøkk is a spirit of Scandinavian folklore that would lure people to drown in bodies of water. While the country of origin is the most obvious characteristic she shares with her namesake, Nøkk wears the uniform of the Frømandskorpset; Denmark's special forces for maritime operations.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Her characters general theme; her appearance is closer to that of a ghost than a special forces soldier, and her gadget is based around hiding her location from opponents. Youd be forgiven for thinking that she's a Dead by Daylight character rather than a member of Team Rainbow.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Unlike every other Operator, Nøkk's real name is only listed as 'REDACTED', as are most details on her profile.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Nøkk can choose the integrally-suppressed SIX12SD as a primary weapon, which is also used by SDU Operator Lesion.
- The Spook: Outside of Team Rainbow and NATO's higher-ups, nobody knows that Nøkk even exists. Notably, she's the first Operator to have details such as her name redacted from her official profile. "Official records" state she's currently serving time in prison, but this is nothing more than a cover to help her operate under the radar.
- Stealth Expert: As a Caveira/Vigil hybrid, Nøkk's special ability muffles her footsteps and makes her invisible to cameras for a short time. The effect glitches if she takes any major action in general (i.e. shooting, sprinting, etc.). Mozzie's hijacked drones and Echo's Yokai drones can also sense her presence whenever she's near, indicated by a 'glitching' effect on their HUDs similar to Vigil.
- Submachine Guns: She can also wield the Magpul FMG-9, which she shares with SAS Operator Smoke, as a primary weapon option.
Voiced By: Mark Deklin
A Secret Service veteran and former Marine with a career of 30 years and counting, Warden is equipped with the Glance Smart Glasses, which allow him to see through smoke and flashbangs.
- Badass Mustache: The man sports a well-groomed 'stache that adds to his suave persona.
- Badass Grandpa: 30 years in the Secret Service and the Marines, and he's still on the field, and a capable match for his younger comrades.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Unlike most other Operators, Warden elects to wear a suit to operations, likely a nod to his roots in the Secret Service.
- The Casanova: A notorious womanizer, Warden boasts of having a slew of affairs and dalliances that rivals that of some American presidents. Apparently, his Southern charm is a big hit with the ladies.
- Composite Character: Warden's ability is quite simply a manually-activated combination of Glaz's thermal-feedback scope and Ying's flashbang-resistant goggles.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Well glasses, but this trope counts nonetheless. His Glance Smart Glasses allow him to see through smokescreens and resist the blinding effects of flashbangs.
- Handguns: For a secondary weapon, Warden can use Clash's P-10C, which is equipped with its own reflex sight.
- Machine Pistols: He can also equip the SMG-12 as a secondary weapon, similar to Dokkaebi and Vigil.
- Mighty Glacier: As a Heavy Armor Operator, Warden works best as an anchor for Defenders, repelling entry gadgets like flashbangs and smoke grenades with his Smart Glasses.
- Semper Fi: He served three tours in the USMC and retired as a Master Sergeant.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Among Warden's primary weapon options is the M590A1 pump-action shotgun, also used by the SAS Operators.
- Southern-Fried Private: Warden hails from Kentucky, and he is a boisterous Operator with a taste for women and has little respect for protocol. This trope is ultimately deconstructed however, because his behavior has earned him quite a lot of enemies in the White House, and only his transfer to Team Rainbow has saved him from any serious repercussions.
- Submachine Guns: Warden can also choose the SIG Sauer MPX as a primary weapon, much like Valkyrie.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: He has impact grenades for a secondary gadget.
- Tuxedo and Martini: With his suit, womanizing and fancy gadgets (including a watch for his Smart Glasses), Warden is essentially Team Rainbow's very own James Bond. This was even lampshaded in the Operation Phantom Sight launch trailer, which was titled "Clutch Royale".