- A Day in the Limelight: "Down and Out in the Teen Club" and "Diet Please"
- Big Eater: Which became a issue when she needed to drop a few pounds to qualify for a beauty contest.
- Catchphrase: "I do declare".
- Color-Coded Characters: Pink
- Naïve Everygirl: Polite and ladylike to a fault, Taras demeanor sometimes is mistaken for naivete.
- Out of Focus: While she is also secondary to the likes of Larke, Bianca or Pierce she starts to fall into this in later episodes. Tara's last significant appearance is in "The Kindest Cut of All" and her last appearance with any speaking lines is "McTech, P.I.". She does show up in the two part series finale, but only in a non-speaking cameo role.
- Southern Belle: She possesses a pronounced Deep South accent.
- Supreme Chef: Implied.
- A Day in the Limelight: In "My Fair Wilshire" where he was made over by Pierce, Radley, Larke and Tara to get Bianca's attention. It worked but he didn't like the new Bianca and went back to his old self.
- Butt-Monkey: He's..not treated the best.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He is in love with Bianca that breaks his heart again and again.
- Extreme Doormat: To near The Woobie levels.
- Lovable Coward: Demonstrated in "Rampage".Bianca: (kidnapped by a gorilla) Wilshere, help me!
Wilshire: (shaking in fear) How?
- No Accounting for Taste: His attraction to Bianca. Only he knows why.
- Older Than They Look: Occasionally implied.
- Stout Strength: Shows this at times.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Old at Heart" and "Nikki's Big Break".
- Color-Coded Characters: Orange.
- Drama Queen: Bianca once said about her acting "Now, if we only had some eggs, we could make a great (raises her eyes) ham omelet."
- The Fashionista: She is an aspiring model/actress with a very dramatic demeanor, especially against unfairness (perceived and otherwise) in the fashion/entertainment world.
- Fiery Redhead
- Pretty in Mink: Has a white fur coat, and a skating dress trimmed with white fur.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has a ponytail that reaches down to her knees.
- Shout-Out: She's named after a Prince and the Revolution song.
- Alpha Bitch: She is the main antagonist in most episodes.
- Attention Whore
- Beauty Is Bad
- Color-Coded Characters: Magenta/dark pink
- Even Evil Has Standards/My God, What Have I Done?: In "Downhill Racer", when she realizes her latest scheme might get Larke killed, she risked her own life to rescue her and later withdrew from the competition.
- Expy: She's basically Veronica, from Archie Comics, without her redeeming characteristics.
- Failure Is the Only Option: She never succeeded, ever. She even remarked on it once, Breaking the Fourth Wall style.
- The Fashionista: After shopping, she is afraid her new clothing will be out of fashion before she gets home.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Well, at least it can be explained by the rest being very nice people.
- Friendly Enemy: While being the closest the show has to a recurring villain, she's frequently seen hanging out with many of the other characters, even joining in on some of their fun such as a Slumber Party.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She wants to win the heart of Troy. She is very jealous of Larke's relationship with him and is constantly scheming to ruin it, since Bianca has a major crush on him as well.
- It's All About Me
- I Am Very British: She speaks with a British accent that comes and goes.
- Jerkass: Bianca has nearly zero redeeming traits, at least on the surface.
- Lethal Chef: Seen in the episode where she lost her memory and tried to be nice by baking a cake.
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- Pink Means Feminine: Her main dress is dark pink, as is her evening dress.
- Pretty in Mink: Has worn a few furs, like a brown fur wrap with her evening dress.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has really long black hair.
- Rich Bitch: Even among the rich!
- Sore Loser: Seen in the ending of about half the episodes. Sometimes the entire premise is that.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Many episodes are focused on her or feature her heavily, to the point where she's the closest thing the show has to a consistent main character and nearly a Villain Protagonist.
- Smug Snake
- Token Evil Teammate
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Official Couple/Those Two Guys: With Jett.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Isn't that obvious?
- Cool Shades
- Out of Focus: Compared to the rest of the cast he's a fairly minor character, though he does become more prominent towards the end of the show and is even the focus character of the two part series finale.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Sunglasses at Night
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Non-Standard Character Design: Is usually drawn without eyebrows.
- Chick Magnet: Almost every female character wants him.
- Informed Attractiveness
- The Everyman
- The Generic Guy: He doesn't have much of a personality besides being Larke's boyfriend.
- Straight Man
- A Day in the Limelight: "Star Split".
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Gig.
- Color-Coded Characters: Bright yellow
- '80s Hair: And how.
- Genki Girl
- Official Couple/Those Two Guys: With Gig.
- Valley Girl: Like totally! To the max!
- Child Prodigy: The youngest, but by far the smartest, member of the cast.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Girls think he's adorable.
- Gadgeteer Genius: His inventions usually get plots going.
- Grade Skipper: Chester has skipped several grades to become a 10-year-old freshman (and honor student) at Beverly Hills High School.
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Wears always this.
- Lovable Nerd: For a boy his age, he certainly doesn't lack female attention. He even managed to land a date with Larke (accidentally at that).
- Odd Friendship: Some episodes give him one with Radley.
- Shorter Means Smarter:
- The Short Guy with Glasses
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is afraid of spiders and heights.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Radley Wipes Out" and "From Rad To Worse"
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- The Ditz: He's probably the only character that can genuinely be called "dumb".
- Odd Friendship: With Chester.
- Surfer Dude
- Totally Radical: The way he speaks.
- A Day in the Limelight: "The Teen Cup" and "Poll Climbers".
- Brainy Brunette: She is very intelligent and level-headed and has brown hair.
- Color-Coded Characters: Purple/white
- The Generic Girl: She has almost no presence in the show besides hosting events.
- Downplayed in later episodes, which give her a role as the class president and an interest in politics and leadership.
- Only Sane Man: She's the voice of reason among her peers.
- Token Minority: The lone African-American of the bunch, and thus the token black of the series.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Visit from a Prince"
- Color-Coded Characters: Light blue
- Country Mouse
- Out of Focus: Gets very few plotlines of her own.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Nothing but Gossip"
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Occasionally implied.
- Butt-Monkey: Most other characters usually treat her as a nuisance.
- Gossipy Hens
- Innocently Insensitive: She genuinely doesn't seem to understand how irritating others find her gossipy habits.
- Motor Mouth
- Miss Exposition: Her role in most of her appearances. She tends to dip into Captain Obvious territory.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Brenda McTech.
- The Ace: "I'm just your average shark fighting cover girl." Larke is a successful working teen model who excels at numerous sports and general knowledge. She's admitted she's an inferior surfer to Bianca but otherwise there seems very little she can't do.
- Cool Big Sis: She's also a proud surrogate sister to Chester McTech, who has bailed her out of numerous fixes.
- Color-Coded Characters: Red
- Dude Magnet
- The Fashionista: She is a model and often wins many of the contests that she enters, although her rival Bianca tries hard to sabotage her.
- Foil: Kind-hearted and sweet to the core, she is Biancas complete opposite.
- The Generic Girl
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's blonde and one of the most honest and kindest girls on campus and in town.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Nice Girl
- Nice Shoes
- Ms. Fanservice: In-Universe, at least.
- Pink Means Feminine: She drives a bright pink Ferrari.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Pierce.
- Boys Have Cooties: The idea of embracing boys is "totally yucky" for her when she first appears. Changes her mind before the end of the episode.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Cousin Oliver: Not quite, but she doesn't seem to appear until episode 24.
- She does have a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance in the intro, though she looks kind of different.
- Precocious Crush: On Troy.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Averted. She and Pierce only share a passing resemblance.
- Unmoving Plaid: Her shirt is a notable example.
Pierce Thorndyke III
- Handsome Lech
- It's All About Me
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has a few moments of decency, and is shown to be at least a better person than Bianca most of the time.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: He's a close contender with Bianca for the sheer number of plots or subplots that revolve around him, and even in episodes where he is a minor character he tends to get a big scene or two (being the resident Butt-Monkey these tend to involve humiliation.)
- Pet the Dog: He gets occasional moments where he'll spontaneously do nice things for someone, even if he does them in his typical jerkish and self-centered way.
- Prince Charming Wannabe
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She looks almost exactly like Marilyn Monroe.
- Token Adult