Justus is the main town of Academy of Merlin and the closest to the school. It used to be a little rougher, but the alleyways are now incredibly safe since the gangs broke up.
The owner of the hair salon. A half-dwarf that works the front desk and has been working there longer than Susan. Has a crush on Susan.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Parental Substitute: Acts like a nosy parents along with Susan to Marianne.
- Stuff Blowing Up: She's a boomwielder.
The owner of the Memory Den Pawn Shop, with ties to a shady group of characters known as the Friends of Bloody Mary.
- Bare Your Midriff: And a bit of underboob along with it.
- Multicolored Hair: Their hair starts off white and fades into a gold.
- Ritual Magic: Their specialty (that is, viewing memories kept inside objects of sentimental value) gives off a ritual feel when it's performed.
- Specialized Store: Aster buys and sells items like any regular old pawn shop, sure, but they buy and sell based off the sentiment kept in the item, not its actual value.
The newest worker at the flower shop. Intense promoter of social media.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Has a very short attention span. He's very easily distracted.
The Flower Shop Boss
Runs the secret bakery in Justus. A very manly woman who has a thing or two to say about magical schools.
- Mythology Gag: A graduated student from GEIOW.
A woman behind the scenes with Xander's tattoo on her throat.
- The Bartender: Tends to Xander's bar, usually.
- Blood Knight: Likes to fight for the sake of fighting.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: She barely remembers Teresa's arm incident because she didn't consider it nearly as important.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Lost to Kane, and joined up with him almost immediately.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar spanning along her face from just under her ear to over her opposite eye.
- Mysterious Mist: She's a mistwielder.
- Number Two: In the gang. She's the second in command, and it's policy for new members to share a drink with her.
- Rapunzel Hair: She keeps her hair tied up, but it still flows practically to the floor.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Has quite a following in the gang, though she does have a mischievous side and will let people in if she thinks they're interesting.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She's much calmer now than she was in the past. And to put that in perspective, in the past she ripped off Teresa's arms.
The manager of the bookstore.
The owner of the music shop.
- Nice Girl: A sweet young woman that will give anyone that comes in with an instrument a discount on accessories and repairs.
Marianne's other coworker at the salon. Susan lacks Sight, unfortunately.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Susan's nice enough, but push her buttons one too many times and she'll show you how creative she can be with a pair of scissors.
- Locked Out of the Loop: She sometimes feels this way, which makes sense considering she's a Muggle and Amy and Marianne are magicks.
- Motherly Side Plait: Wears her hair in a braid down her shoulder.
- Muggle: A muggle lacking Sight, in fact.
- Parental Substitute: Acts like a nosy parents along with Amy to Marianne.
Tamryn Ann Fisher
The toy shop owner that's also spearheading the tourist merchandise market.
- Collector of the Strange: Also a creator of the strange. She makes small sculptures of all different types of magicks she's met.
- Geek: Extremely enthusiastic about watching How It's Made.
- Good Samaritan: Doesn't hesitate to offer help to Naomi when she learns of her predicament. In the distant future, she takes in a few kids caught in a rainstorm when one's kid sister goes running to the toy shop.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Has a small, mild-mannered kitten named Ginko that sleeps under her hat.
- Kitsch Collection: Her miniatures, some of which actually move.
- Plucky Girl: She's a pretty determined lady.Naomi: Why are you so damn persistent? You met me like an hour ago.
Tamryn: Because I know leaving and starting over is hard. Because I can't rest easy knowing I let a damn stalker go after you without at least trying to help. Because of how panicked you looked when you realized that Cati was here. Because I'd like to be friends. Pick any of them, they're all equally true. Plus, persistent is my damn middle name. I wouldn't be myself if I wasn't.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair flows all the way down to her ankles.
- Secret Shop: The back of the main toy store has a door leading to the magic section, filled with items enchanted by Tamryn herself. The door can only be opened by a magick.
- Shopkeeper: Runs a memorabilia shop and can usually be found inside behind the counter or doing something akin to her work.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Inverted; she really hates almonds.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Looks for the best in people, and damn if she tries to convince those people themselves that it exists.
- Workaholic: Tam really loves her job. When she's not at her shop, she's usually reading up on enchanting or practicing woodworking. Once, she covered herself in moss and dirt just to get a close look at some nature spirits. She's very dedicated.
A black boomwielding dwelf looking for a little fun.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lacking both her arms due to a boomwielding accident.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The most destructive of the bigs in Cole's gang.
- Beauty Mark: Has one under her left eye.
- The Big Guy: The major muscle behind Cole's gang.
- Casualty in the Ring: Lost both of her arms while fighting Magnolia.
- Defector from Decadence: Left Kane's gang when Xander took over, because she couldn't respect him.
- Delinquent Hair: Her hair is dyed bubblegum pink.
- The End Justifies The Means: Who cares what happens along the way as long as the end result is desirable?
- The Fighting Narcissist: She is pretty, and she will literally fight you on that.
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf.
A buff half-elf that runs the tattoo parlor. Offers magick tattoos to special customers, especially if you're a guy and you're cute. Extremely gay, and happens to be the brother of the equally gay Assistant.
- Adorkable: Surprisingly enough, yes. Much more open about it when he was younger, now he puts on a tough front in front of his gang members.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The head of the tattooed gang in Justus.
- A Father to His Men: Kane wanted the gang to be a family, and Xander did his damnedest to turn it into one.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
The owner of the recently-opened antique shop.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: They have a lot of cats. A loooot of cats.
- Peek-a-Bangs: One of their eyes is obscured by their dark hair.
Y & Z
Chinese twins that previously ran the piercing shop that operated as Cole's base. Yi now runs the clothing store, and Ze has taken over the piercing shop by herself.
- All Your Powers Combined: Together, they can create a gas similar to pepper spray that blinds opponents.
- Always Identical Twins: Aside from their hairstyles, attire, and eye colors, Yi and Ze look exactly alike.
- Badass Adorable: Don't let Y's cute demeanor fool you. She can still beat your ass into the ground.
- Blind Obedience: Y and Z are wholly obedient to Teresa and only Teresa.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: Y is emotions, while Z is stoicism.
- Hollywood Acid: Z is an acidwielder.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Y wears her hair up, while Z wears it long. Also, they have Mismatched Eyes on opposite sides.
- Mismatched Eyes: Y has a left purple eye and a blue left, and Z has a right blue eye and a purple left.
- Mixed Ancestry: They're both half-elves.
- Mundane Utility: Z uses her taming magic to summon the piercing gun instead of walking ten feet.
- Mysterious Mist: Y is a mistwielder.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Their personalities are almost exact opposites; Z is quiet, introverted, and shy. Y is boisterous, extroverted, and cheerful.
- Savage Piercings: They have identical plugs and probably have more piercings, but they refuse to tell where.
- Sibling Team: They never fight separately, when they do fight - only together, or not at all.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Y is emotional. Z is not.
- Twin Telepathy: They tend to finish each other's sentences.
The Cat Cafe
The owner of the Cat Cafe. An optimistic elf that named all the drinks personally.
- The Charmer: Felix is a huge flirt and has very, very easy standards.
A dwelf mage that makes up half of the idol duo Diolacov at Flare.
- A-Cup Angst: Downplayed, but there, considering she stuffs.
- Ascended Meme: She was originally just a joke character, and then things progressed...
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf.
- Seer: She specializes in tarot reading.
A teenage runaway elf that now, through a strange set of circumstances, manages Diolacov's shows.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Kinky. Thanks Seiko.
- Fortune Teller: They're surprisingly skilled in palmistry.
- Hair Decorations: A little fish.
A half-elf chemist that makes up half of the idol duo Diolacov at Flare.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
- Seer: She specializes in crystal ball telling.
Xander's mentor who came back in town to cover his tattoo shop while he was away.
A no-nonsense, homeschooled demigirl more mature than both of her moms put together.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Cherrie does not have any faith in either of their moms. She's the one that uses the parenting books, not them.
A mundane girl that went looking for her brother after a particularly nasty scandal involving a werewolf.
- Big Brother Worship: She loves her older brother with a fiery passion, such that she couldn't let his mud-spattered name go untouched.
- Determinator: Her brother is not a bad person, and she is perfectly willing to leave her home and track him down to prove it.
- Good Feels Good: Likes doing good deeds because it gives her a warm feeling inside.
- Muggle: Like Cole, Claire is a mundane. Unlike her brother, she is Blind.
A mundane man with a surprising talent for leadership. And a gun. Ex-leader of one of the gangs of Justus that now spends his time keeping an eye on Yi and Ze.
- Arch-Enemy: Solomon, a man at the top of a sex trafficking ring which Cole rescued Yi and Ze from.
- Badass Gay: Was originally the token straight character; however, magic turned him gay.
- Badass Normal: Despite being mundane, Cole is an incredibly good shot, and carries his gun wherever he goes.
- Cop Killer: Killed his father's partner Stiles, a werewolf responsible for several deaths in his home town, when he was a teenager.
- Early-Bird Cameo: First showed up in first arc trying to attack Merchant. He lacked a name and appearance then.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: He's a very good shot. One wonders how he aims so well without using magic.
- Manipulative Bastard: Surprisingly good at getting people to do what he wants.
- Muggle: He's a mundane with Sight. Unlike a lot of mundanes with Sight, though, he managed to keep it a secret for a long while.
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: He won't turn down a goad like that, but be prepared to get a bullet in between your eyes.
- Savage Piercings: The gang's trademark. Cole himself has three on each ear and two between his eyebrows. (And some more in, erm, other places.)
- Straight Gay: From the way he dresses, talks, and acts, you wouldn't think he's gay. And then he starts talking about his boyfriend.
- Sympathetic Murderer: When he was a teenager, Cole was faced with a serial killer responsible for several deaths in town. With his unique mix of access to the police database and Sight, Cole eventually realized that the killer was a werewolf, and that the werewolf was a family friend. He ended up killing the werewolf in a confrontation and was arrested, but escaped due to a Secret Organization agent interfering. Cole has been flying under the radar ever since.
- Trigger Happy: Short temper + gun = bad idea.
A reporter for the Parchment that's always looking for the next big story.
- Camera Fiend: Always has her camera on her.
- Going for the Big Scoop: Has a habit of following people who are "official" in hopes of finding a good scoop.
Xander's sister. Gay and scary.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Has already scared most of Xander's gang into submission and uses them to her advantage as she pleases.
- Femme Fatalons: Has long, manicured nails.
- Likes Older Women: Was after Marinna in a flash. Xander is not happy about it.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's gay, just like her brothers.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf, like her brothers.
- Mysterious Mist: She's a mistwielder.
- Womanchild: She's grown up but acts like a bratty teen.
Naomi's mother and Xander's roommate. 1/8th siren and very sweet.
- Almighty Mom: She cooks, she cleans, she does laundry, she bakes cookies, she assists Lucy with her mischief - is there anything Marinna can't do?
- Beware the Nice Ones: The sweetest, gentlest woman in Justus... unless you end up on her bad side.
- Courtly Love: Has recently been trying to court Cecilia. So basically Xander's mother is flirting with Xander's mother.
- Enthralling Siren: She has her daughter's power, only more so. Marinna is able to will away the siren state and use a bit of the voice without transforming.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has blonde hair and is as warm and gentle as the sun.
- Hidden Badass: A very sweet lady that is not to be taken lightly.
- Housewife: Sweet, charming, and spends her time at home cooking.
A mysterious stonewielder that's been poking around in the gangs' businesses lately.
- Bare Your Midriff: Quake's belly can easily be seen with their shirt.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Definitely. They're very suspicious of Assistant. And they have good reason to be.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: While in the Secret Organization, Quake refused missions that they considered to be not as important. The missions they thought were important, however, never showed up on the board.
- Dishing Out Dirt: They're a stonewielder.
- Double Agent: Scurrying around trying to overthrow both gangs in an effort to regain the SO's favor.
- Glory Days: Used to be a member of the Secret Organization, but was fired due to not filling their point quota.
- Reverse Mole: Looking to do both gangs in at the same time, and has snuck onto Cole's gang to do it.
- Scars Are Forever: Wears a mask to cover many, many scars. Their origin is currently unknown.
- Skunk Stripe: Their hair is black streaked with white.
- Walking Spoiler: You can't really know a lot about Quake without spoiling their past with the Secret Organization.
- Wall Crawl: Their preferred method of getting around involves hanging around on walls. However, their method of doing so leaves footprint-shaped holes in the walls, so it's not the most discreet way of getting around.
The master of one-ups.
- Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Once he has his sights set on someone, he'll mimic them to the best of his ability, and try to outshine them in their specialty in the process.
- The Bartender: Tends the bar in Cole's base, when he isn't at the greenhouse.
- Determinator: He always has to be the best, no matter the cost.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": 6 regularly changes his alias, to the point that nobody is really sure as to what his real name is anymore.
- Green Thumb: He's not actually a plantwielder, like 5, but instead owns a greenhouse on the edge of town.
- Savage Piercings: Pierced ears and probably other pierced things that aren't polite to show in mixed company.
- Star Power: A starwielder, which is ironic considering he spends a lot of his time underground.
- Verbal Tic: You have a verbal tic? Nice, nice, but so does he, and his is better tho.
- Worthy Opponent: Considers 5 to be this, which is probably why he changed his name to 6 in the first place.