Mew-Genics is an upcoming project of Team Meat (Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes). Most gameplay details came from a post describing a single description of a "typical" gameplay session. It has been variously described as "a game about cats. Sorta," and "a Crazy Cat Lady simulator," and involves raising and breeding cats for fun and profit.
McMillen has announced that the game is back in development.
This game contains examples of:
- Black Comedy: Like with anything from Team Meat, this abounds even in the promotional posts:I was arrested by the local animal control shortly after I put Puddle in the cube, probably because of letting Goon run away.. and the whole giving my other cat aids thing or maybe it was the dead cat in the attic.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The game, according to all revealed screenshots, is exclusively monochrome.
- Empathic Environment: Inverted. One of the posts reveals that the environment changes the cats, making them wear mustaches, or even look like Meat Boy.
- For Science!: As the resident Mad Scientist says in the promotional material, "Judge me if you may, cats are the future, boy. Now it's time to play!"
- G-Rated Sex: According to this teaser, kittens are made by rubbing two cats together until one of them gets fat, and then that cat will eventually poop out a kitten. Although, we can see several pairs of cats humping later in the video.
- Procedural Generation: How the cats you breed and care for are generated, providing, according to official numbers, over 25 septillion possibilities for physical appearances alone.