Little Friends: Dogs & Cats is a Nintendo Switch title by Imagineer. It was released in December 2018 in Japan and May 2019 internationally.
The game is a pet raising simulation game where you choose from a variety of dog and cat breeds. You can play with up to three pets at a time and keep up to twelve at once. The player can take their dog for walks, play with toys, and dress up their pet. There is also a flying disc tournament.
This game provide examples of:
- All Dogs Are Purebred: You can own a Toy Poodle, Shiba Inu, Chihuahua, French Bulldog, and German Shepherd. The cats are also purebreds: American Shorthair, Scottish Fold, and Japanese Bobtail.
- Animals Lack Attributes: None of the animals have genitalia.
- Insistent Terminology: Pets are your "Friends" (always capitalized)
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Your pet won't grow into adulthood.
- Spiritual Successor: The game is heavily inspired by Nintendogs. It features a very similar design and has similar gameplay.