open/close all folders
Voiced by: Tomoaki MaenoOur male protagonist, Junichi's heart was broken two years ago when he was stood up by a girl on their supposed Christmas Eve date. Now a high school sophomore, he spends his days in his closet planetarium and mostly spending time with his two good friends, Masayoshi Umehara and Kaoru Tanamachi.
- Adaptational Dumbass: In the anime adaptation of Tsukasa's route, when she confronts him about her private notebook. In the original vn, he was smart enough to avoid falling for Tsukasa's joke,
- Accidental Pervert
- All Men Are Perverts: He and Umehara indulge a lot in porn magazines, with them sharing items between their Porn Stashes.
- Audience Surrogate
- Character Development: He grows from a hopeless guy to a better person for his chosen girl.
- Idiot Ball: One slips into his pocket at the end of Episode 1 of SS+. In the middle of a heated election campaign for Student Council President between Tsukasa Ayatsuji and Noriko Kurosawa, while supporting Tsukasa as her Vice Presidential candidate, he lets himself be fooled into accepting a fake love confession from Noriko, who hopes it will drive a wedge between Tsukasa and him, thus disrupting her rival's campaign so she can win the election. Junichi doesn't suspect her ulterior motives even though he's been dating Tsukasa, who constantly deceives people in a similar way, for an entire month. Naturally, it doesn't work, but it doesn't stop Tsukasa from calling him out on it.
- Like Brother and Sister: In Sae's arc, he initially sees his relationship with her as this. It is only when she tells him that she doesn't want to be his sister that he starts to see her as a potential girlfriend.
- Mistaken for Gay: By Miya in Episode 26, when she wonders why he is friends with so many girls, yet does not have a girlfriend.
- Nice Guy: Despite of his perverted antics.
- Player Character
- Primal Fear: He is deathly afraid of heights.
- Stood Up: By Mika Makihara two years ago, triggering the events of the series.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Unlucky Everydude
Haruka Lovely Morishima
Voiced by: Shizuka ItoSchool idol Haruka has been confessed to by countless men, all of whom she rejected. She likes cute things, but has a soft spot for puppies. Her best friend is the captain of the school's Swim Team, Hibiki Tsukahara.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Delivers one to Junichi in Episode 4, when she equates his not peeking at her while she was taking a bath as a sign that he's no longer interested in her.
- The Beastmaster: She can control puppies to do her bidding, and it's absolutely cute.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Hibiki.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's a quarter British from her mother's side of the family, thus the "Lovely" in her name. It should be noted that Lovely is not her mother's maiden name, it's a middle name given to her by her British grandfather.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Out of the six main heroines, she's portrayed in most adaptations to be the most outwardly jealous whenever she sees Junichi with another girl. In the first season of the anime, the third episode of her arc is titled "Jealousy."
- Cloudcuckoolander: Haruka goes into her own world at the mere mention of dogs/puppies.
- Covert Pervert: Haruka loves swimming, swimsuits, and girls wearing swimsuits. The latter always causes her to get booted off the swimming pool area by Hibiki.
- She even expect Junichi to act like a pervert he is. During their Christmas date, she (wrongly) think Junichi doesn't love her anymore because he didn't take a peek at her during bath. And in SS+ she deliberately wearing see-through negligee in front of him.
- In one Manga Adaptation focused on her, she admits to be willing to share a bath together with both Miya and Junichi.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards dogs and Miya, despite the latter's hostility towards her, even goes as far as subjecting her to Marshmallow Hell in one episode.
- Erotic Eating: Junichi feeding her in the school cafeteria. There are no phallic symbols, but there is some dripping on the side of her mouth. And blatant S&M undertones.
- Genki Girl
- Gratuitous English: Has a habit of sprinkling English phrases here and there.
- Happily Married: Her Best Game Ending and anime epilogue, even bordering on Sickeningly Sweethearts.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Hibiki, although her heterosexuality is often up in the air.
- Ms. Fanservice: Further enforced by her carefree, fun-loving personality.
- Ojou Ringlets: A rare variant — her straight hair curls near the tips.
- Perpetual Smiler: It's hard to catch Haruka without a huge smile on her face... except when you make her extremely jealous/angry.
- Rule of Three: Whenever Haruka participates in the Miss Santa contest, she always wins, thus making the victory her third in a row dating back to her freshman year.
- School Idol
- Sempai/Kohai: With Junichi, who calls her "Morishima-senpai".
- Statuesque Stunner: The tallest potential girlfriend, and second only to Hibiki among all female characters.
Voiced by: Rina SatoJunichi's good friend from middle school. Kaoru works at a family restaurant as a waitress to help support her single mother. Had the distinction of being nicknamed as The Nuke/Warhead of Kibitou in middle school due to her Hot Bloodedness.
- A-Cup Angst: Episode 13 of Plus reveals her getting into specialized herbal bath in an attempt to increase her chest size alongside Tsukasa. During the bath, she even claimed that she will "die from sheer embarassment" the moment somebody with well-developed breasts come in and see them. Cue Haruka, Jessica, Hibiki, and Sae comes in.
- Casting Gag/Expy: See Tsundere below.
- Disappeared Dad
- Fanservice with a Smile: She works as a waitress part-time.
- Good Samaritan: Very willing to help strangers.
- Gratuitous English: Only second to Haruka.
- Hot-Blooded: Nicknamed The Nuke/Warhead of Kibitou in middle school.
- Megaton Punch: Usually/Exclusively done to Junichi.
- One of the Boys: Goes with Junichi and Umehara to check out a Hot Librarian chick.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: Gets one at the start of Episode 7 of Plus when Junichi drenches her with water. Gets another one in the next episode when she is caught in the rain with him.
- Tsundere: She is technically a romance genre incarnation of Mikoto Misaka without superpowers.
- The Tease: Among other things, she bites Junichi's ear within two minutes since beginning of her arc in anime, and asks "did it felt good?"
- Unkempt Beauty: There's a reason why she's called "Sex Hair" and this is it.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In her waitress uniform.
Voiced by: Hiromi KonnoMiya and Ai's classmate. Sae had only studied at exclusive all-female schools in her life until she transferred to Kibitou High in her first year, making her incredibly shy around men.
- Buxom Is Better/Gag Boobs: Repeatedly lampshaded (by a milk carton at one point) and poked fun at. Enjoyed by Miya thoroughly.
- The Cutie: She's described as "fluffy-looking" by other characters.
- Denser and Wackier: Her anime arc compared to the others, complete with Joji Nakata as Lemony Narrator.
- Does Not Like Men: More accurately, is intimidated and afraid of men... until Junichi comes along.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her outfit in the final episode of her arc.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Her arc's epilogue.
- Fanservice with a Smile: She finally gets a job in a Maid Cafe.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Happily Married/Babies Ever After: Her epilogue in SS+, where she's pregnant with her second child.
- Imagine the Audience Naked: Played with when Junichi has her imagine the cafeteria ladies as vending machines to help her overcome her shyness.
- Second Year Protagonist: In SS+.
- Sempai/Kohai: Calls Junichi "Senpai".
- Shout-Out: The penguin suit, which is probably also a Mythology Gag to those who are familiar with the original game, as the penguin suit also has a baby penguin attached and one of the possible endings with Sae in the game is her getting pregnant.
- Shrinking Violet
- Yaoi Fangirl: Interestingly is a fujoshi despite her shyness around males.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A, present in her school uniform and Elegant Gothic Lolita outfit.
Voiced by: YukanaA freshman on the Swimming Team and a classmate of both Miya and Sae. A very calm and humble girl, she is seen as her team's ace swimmer.
- A-Cup Angst:She's actually got a decent rack◊, but Junichi's tactless comments about Sae's larger breasts in front of her and Miya certainly unsettled her.
- Boyish Short Hair: Which fits her athletic image.
- Cry into Chest: Does this to Junichi in Episode 15, when he comforts her in the pool about her not making it onto the swim meet.
- Lap Pillow: Junichi rests his head on her lap on the beach at the end of Episode 16, and again in Episode 5 of Plus in the infirmary, where she sings him to sleep with a lullaby.
- Meganekko: One of the album covers shows she wears glasses.
- Second Year Protagonist: In SS+.
- Sempai/Kohai: Calls Junichi "Sempai".
- Sick Episode: Her OVA in Plus is this, where she tends to Junichi after he catches a cold following their Christmas Eve date. Leads to Caretaker Reversal when she catches his cold after he pulls her into his bed to cuddle with her.
- Skirt Over School Swimsuit
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Tsurime Eyes
- When She Smiles, all of Junichi's problems just go away.
Voiced by: Ryoko ShintaniA second year and Miya and Junichi's childhood friend obsessed with eating and dieting. She is also a member of the Tea Club.
- Big Eater
- Book Dumb
- Buxom Is Better
- Cherry Blossom Girl: Her family name contains Sakura. She's one of Junichi's possible love interests and the only one with a cherry blossom motif. Her story is heavily based on Yamato Nadeshiko elements and Tea Ceremony.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Unlucky in the first season. Ultimately Victorious in SS+.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- The Ditz: One of her Image Songs is even titled "DJK".
- Girl Next Door
- Patient Childhood Love Interest
- Second Year Protagonist
- She's All Grown Up: While Junichi has known her since childhood, he seems to have noticed her ample chest only recently.
- Through His Stomach: Cooks for Junichi in his arc in Plus to help cure him of heat fatigue.
- Weight Woe: She isn't as fat as she thinks.
Voiced by: Kaori NazukaA second year and Class Representative of Junichi's class, as well as the committee head of the Founder's Festival Committee for the current year. She is hard-working, takes on jobs no one wants to do, and is generally an outstanding student. She is very popular due to this, and teachers find themselves relying on her more often than not... except this turns out to be but a facade for a meaner side.
- A-Cup Angst: Episode 13 of Plus reveals her getting into specialized herbal bath in an attempt to increase her chest size alongside Kaoru.
- Adaptation-Induced Plot Hole: The anime fails to elaborate on the contents of her diary and the reason she dislikes her sister Yukari.
- Becoming the Mask: At the end of Episode 23, and it is not a good thing. Reversed in the next episode with Junichi confessing he still likes her all the same. Cue him getting a 3-hit combo.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Downplayed. She's not so much mean so much as extremely cynical and paranoid. Past her arc in first season though, her meaner side is often Played for Laughs instead.
- Class Representative: She takes it very seriously. Gets elected Student Council President in Amagami SS+.
- Cry Cute: Even after venting out all her frustrations on Junichi for his foolish words and nearly turning her into the nice girl she actually wasn't, the guy actually welcomes it as a sign that the badass, strong girl he loves is still there, sending her crying in his arms.
- Death Glare: One of her weapons.
- Dissonant Serenity: Part of Becoming the Mask.
- Freudian Excuse: Tied in with her dislike for her bubbly older sister Yukari. While Tsukasa prides herself on being efficient, outstanding and successful despite her true attitude, people still prefer Yukari's easygoing nature despite her many shortcomings. As a result, Tsukasa has always felt some resentment against Yukari, especially when people praise her.
- Go-Getter Girl
- Happily Married/Babies Ever After: Her epilogue in the anime and Good Ending in the game.
- Important Haircut: Cuts her hair short after getting married to Junichi. Her previous hairstyle is then inherited by their daughter.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Nice Girl: AVERTED.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Which ties into her resentments that she pours into her notebook/
- Student Council President: At the end of her arc in Amamgami SS+.
- Tsundere: Has hints of this towards Junichi after the diary incident.
Voiced by: Kana AsumiJunichi's younger sister. She affectionately calls him "Nii-nii" but is often chastised by him for this; thus, she calls him "onii-chan" outside the house. She tends to be jealous of girls Junichi spends time with, save their mutual childhood friend Rihoko. Her favorite food is nikuman (pork buns).
- A-Cup Angst: With evidence.◊
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 26 is focused on her, and unlike the other arcs and even Risa's episode, there's no romantic development involved. At most, she gets a sudden love confession from a guy in a neighboring class, but she rejects him on the grounds that she's unsure how to handle it.
- Animal Motif: Cats. Even her first name is a derivation of the japanese onomatopoeia for a cat's cry, "nya".
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Junichi, sometimes.
- Genki Girl
- Hate at First Sight: Haruka instantly gets on Miya's bad side, likely because Haruka considers her the cutest thing ever and is very prone to glomping.
- My Nii-nii Is Off Limits: Most notable with Haruka, whom Miya immediately dislikes. Averted in the case of Rihoko and Miya's two friends, Sae and Ai.
- In a bit of Fridge Brilliance, this is based on the animal motifs of Haruka and her. Also, Cats Are Mean.
- Although it wasn't shown how, she and Haruka are implied to be in good terms as of SS+. She even cheered her brother and Haruka during their public confession at 3rd year students graduation event.
- Her hostility towards Haruka is averted in the spinoff manga Amagami: Dreamy Forever where she becomes a Shipper on Deck towards Junichi and Haruka and becomes close to Haruka.
- Signature Laugh: "Nishishi!"
- Sleepwalking: In Episode 4 of Plus.
- Third-Person Person
- Trademark Favorite Food: Meat buns.
Voiced by: Risa HayamizuHomeroom teacher for Junichi's class.
Voiced by: Takuma TerashimaJunichi and Kaoru's best friend.
- BackStory/Old Shame: Near the end of Tsukasa's arc, Junichi catches him about to burn a letter and tries to stop him. The latter reveals that it was a confession letter from a girl back in middle school, which he never replied to because back then he thought love and romance were "not cool", making it his biggest regret in life.
- Bromantic Foil
- Love Martyr: Helps Junichi with his love life, but fails to get a date of his own.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Junichi for any girl he's in love with.
- Ship Tease: Hinted between him and Keiko.
Voiced by: Yuki MatsuokaA friend of Rihoko.
Voiced by: Mai KadowakiA friend of Kaoru, who (with Junichi) gave her love advice.
- Love Letter Lunacy: An unfortunate example. Keiko has a crush on a boy in her class but is too shy to tell him so Junichi tells her to write him a letter. However, the guy was an insensitive jerk and shows off the letter to his friends much to Keiko's embarrassment. Thankfully, both Kaoru and Tsukasa call him out on what he did.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Kaoru/Junichi.
- Ship Tease: Hinted between her and Masayoshi.
- Talking to Herself: With Risa Kamizaki in episode 13 of SS+.
Voiced by: Yuu AsakawaCaptain of the school's Swimming Team.
Voiced by: Izumi SatouRihoko's senior and a member of the Tea Club.
Voiced by: Hitomi HaradaRuriko's friend and another member of the Tea Club.
Voiced by: Aiko IgarashiTsukasa's older sibling.
Voiced by: Mai KadowakiA girl who was in love with Junichi since grade school.
- A-Cup Angst
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 25
- The Atoner: At the end of episode 25, Risa decides to apologize to Haruka, Kaoru, Sae, Ai, Rihoko and Tsukasa for sabotaging their attempts to hook up with Junichi. May or may not overlap with Easily Forgiven.
- Averted in the game, due to her Yandere aspect.
- Forgotten First Meeting: With Miya, who taught her to call Junichi "Nii-nii". They meet in episode 26, where she even asks Miya to call her "Nee-nee", in anticipation of winning Junichi's heart and eventually having Miya as a sister-in-law.
- Morton's Fork: Essentially what Risa was faced with two years ago and her motive for her actions then. Makihara, the girl who stood Junichi up, was planning to humiliate him at their meeting place in front of her friends — Risa included — by rejecting him as a prank. Risa was horrified at the possibility of Junichi being Spurned into Suicide, so the day before she lied to Makihara that Junichi wanted to meet elsewhere, and Makihara waited there instead, resulting of course in Juinichi being stood up. Either way, Junichi ends up heartbroken.
- Secret Character: Arguably the first in this genre and probably the last bastion of the trope for modern video games at large. Her name is always kept hidden, even in the Japanese Amagami Wiki, with forum discussions as the only exception.
- Secret Relationship: Episode 25. She doesn't want anyone to know of her relationship with Junichi due to certain actions she's done as a mild case of Yandere.
- Her Image Song, secret room, is a nod to their meeting place (an unused preparation room).
- Stalker with a Crush
- Walking Spoiler: Her role in causing Junichi to be stood up and sabotaging his relationships with other girls makes her this.
- Where It All Began: Risa caused the famous rejection from two years ago by misleading the girl into arriving two hours earlier.
- In her anime arc, she lies to the girl, named Makihara, that Junichi changed the appointed meeting place, and Makihara waits there instead.
- Yandere: If you reject her, she exposes Junichi's Porn Stash to the school (unluckily, he's got some goods to trade with Umehara), ensuring Junichi never gets a girlfriend for the rest of his life in Kibitou. Even his friendship with Kaoru and Umehara is strained, with the two of them keeping their distance from him for their reputation. Miya likewise does not interact with him in school anymore.
- Fortunately subverted — big time — in the anime. She became remorseful, and even decided to let go of Junichi because she thinks he hates her. Fortunately the nice guy would have none of it and forgave her.
Voiced by: Hitomi HaradaThe girl who stood Junichi up two years ago. She appears in Episode 25 of the anime.
Jessica Sexy Morishima
Voiced by: Shizuka ItoHaruka Morishima's 1-year-older cousin from Britain who comes over for a visit. Like Haruka, she's part British, in fact she appears to be a blonde version of Haruka. Appears in the Amagami SS+ series.
- But Not Too Foreign: Same deal as Haruka, though the former is blonde.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Her middle name literally is Sexy. Making it even stranger than Haruka's "Lovely".
- Genki Girl: Moreso than Haruka
- Gratuitous English: She is a British national after all.
- Ojou Ringlets: Again same deal as Haruka.
- Palette Swap: She's Haruka with blonde hair.
- Shipper on Deck: Very much supportive of Junichi x Haruka. In fact she actually tries to push them together by warning each of them not to be holding back lest they lose each other.
- Smarter Than You Look: Despite acting like even more of an airhead than Haruka, the way she tricks Junichi into confessing to her in front of the entire school by carefully controlling the amount of information available to him (thus fulfilling Haruka's lifelong dream) proves that she is at the very least clever.
- Talking to Herself: Shares the same voice actress as Haruka, reinforcing the impression of her being merely a blonde Haruka.