Kimikiss (キミキス / "Kissing You") is a dating simulation game for the PS2. Released by Enterbrain in 2006, Kimikiss has become a media franchise, including manga, Light Novel, and has been made into an anime as of 2007-2008 entitled Kimikiss: Pure Rouge.
Character Sheet still under construction.
- Adaptation Distillation: Kimikiss: Pure Rouge.
- Alliterative Name: The title is sometimes rendered as Kimi Kiss. Also Mizusawa Mao.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Kouichi and Yumi, even after they got hooked up as witnessed by Megumi, much to her chagrin.
- Also a major (if brief) plot point in Mitsuki's route of the game owing to her Arranged Marriage.
- Canon Foreigner: Eiji Kai
- Childhood Friend Romance: Kouichi and Mao.
- Decomposite Character: The game features main protagonist Kouichi Aihara; this was split into two distinct protagonists for the anime: Kouichi Sanada (he gained his appearance) and Kazuki Aihara (he gained his soccer skills).
- Derailing Love Interests: In the anime, Kouichi's relationship with Yumi gets derailed all thanks to Mao.
- Depending on the Writer: Pure Rouge Eriko vs. Various Heroines Eriko. Both are superficially the same person (same name, same appearance) and do some of the same things (paper airplane from a failed test, experiment in love), but their personalities are fundamentally different.
- First Girl Wins: Mao (In the anime, for Kouichi)
- Gargle Blaster: The Berry-Berry Ramen Futami eats at a ramen shop in episode 8.
- Last-Minute Hookup: No, seriously, it's literally last minute.
- Love Triangle: Yumi-Kouchi-Mao and Eriko-Kazuki-Asuka in the anime.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sakino Asuka and Futami Eriko in the Pure Rouge anime.
- Rule of Drama: Midway through the anime series, all of the principal characters are happily together with the ones they love...Now what could possibly go wrong in this setup?
- Spiritual Successor: Predecessor, actually, but similar principle. Amagami and Photo Kano!
- Story Branching: Sort of. The Kimikiss: Various Heroines manga focuses on Kouichi hooking up with one of the girls for a good 7-8 chapters. Afterwards, the entire story is reset and another girl is chosen, so fans of certain girls can just choose to read a certain set of chapters and nothing else. This is made easier when printing the Tankōbon as they gave each girl their own volume. This would later serve as the inspiration for the omnibus format of Amagami SS. For the curious, here's the complete listing:
- Mao - chapters 1-8
- Asuka - chapters 9-17
- Mitsuki - chapters 18-26
- Eriko - chapters 27-36
- Yumi - chapters 37-45
- Nana and Narumi get their own special chapter detailing their innocent adventure into Les Yay territory.
- The Tease: Mao likes to do this a lot with Kouichi. This was removed in the anime.
- Tsundere: Megumi Kuryuu towards Hiiragi Akira.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Futami Eriko. She "experiments" on our protagonist to find out.