Kimikiss (キミキス / "Kissing You") is a dating simulation game for the PS2. Released by Enterbrain in 2006, Kimikiss has become a media franchise, including manga, Light Novel, and has been made into an anime as of 2007-2008 entitled Kimikiss: Pure Rouge.
Character Sheet still under construction.
- Adaptation Distillation: Kimikiss: Pure Rouge.
- Alliterative Name: The title is sometimes rendered as Kimi Kiss. Also Mizusawa Mao.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Kouichi and Yumi, even after they got hooked up as witnessed by Megumi, much to her chagrin.
- Also a major (if brief) plot point in Mitsuki's route of the game owing to her Arranged Marriage.
- Canon Foreigner: Eiji Kai
- Childhood Friend Romance: Kouichi and Mao.
- Decomposite Character: The game features main protagonist Kouichi Aihara; this was split into two distinct protagonists for the anime: Kouichi Sanada (he gained his appearance) and Kazuki Aihara (he gained his soccer skills).
- Derailing Love Interests: In the anime, Kouichi's relationship with Yumi gets derailed all thanks to Mao.
- Depending on the Writer: Pure Rouge Eriko vs. Various Heroines Eriko. Both are superficially the same person (same name, same appearance) and do some of the same things (paper airplane from a failed test, experiment in love), but their personalities are fundamentally different.
- First Girl Wins: Mao (In the anime, for Kouichi)
- Gargle Blaster: The Berry-Berry Ramen Futami eats at a ramen shop in episode 8.
- Last-Minute Hookup: No, seriously, it's literally last minute.
- Love Triangle: Yumi-Kouchi-Mao and Eriko-Kazuki-Asuka in the anime.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sakino Asuka and Futami Eriko in the Pure Rouge anime.
- Rule of Drama: Midway through the anime series, all of the principal characters are happily together with the ones they love... Awwwwww~ Now what could possibly go wrong in this setup?
- Spiritual Successor: Predecessor, actually, but similar principle. Amagami and Photo Kano!
- Story Branching: Sort of. The Kimikiss: Various Heroines manga focuses on Kouichi hooking up with one of the girls for a good 7-8 chapters. Afterwards, the entire story is reset and another girl is chosen, so fans of certain girls can just choose to read a certain set of chapters and nothing else. This would later serve as the inspiration for the omnibus format of Amagami SS. For the curious, here's the complete listing:
- Mao - chapters 1-8
- Asuka - chapters 9-17
- Mitsuki - chapters 18-26
- Eriko - chapters 27-36
- Yumi - chapters 37-45
- Nana and Narumi get their own special chapter detailing their innocent adventure into Les Yay territory.
- The Tease: Mao likes to do this a lot with Kouichi. This was removed in the anime.
- Tsundere: Megumi Kuryuu towards Hiiragi Akira.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Futami Eriko. She "experiments" on our protagonist to find out.