open/close all folders
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Almost every time they get propeller suits, Chugga will yell "We're going jogging!" in reference to how the propeller suits remind him of jogging outfits.
- Any time Jon says "GO TEAM!"
- Just about any time Jon kills Chugga.
- Tim's death at the "hands" of the very first Goomba.
- Jon's several attempts to leave the others behind, especially after getting a Super Star in 1-2.Jon: Bye guys!
- On the character select screen:Emile: I, Chugga, am going to be Mario!Tim: I will be Luigi, because I'm greeeeeen!Josh: I'm going to be Yellow Toad, and I'll be the best Yellow Toad you've ever seen!Jon: And I'll be leaving, thank you. *hits 1 and Blue Toad runs offscreen*
- Josh reads out Bowser Jr.'s letter in Mr. Burns' voice.
- The most fantastic intro ever:Josh: Oh my God...Emile: His boy Chugga!Tim: Oh my God...Emile: Daughter Johnny!Jon: You...Emile: Tim, his wife!Tim: WHAT?! WHAT? NO! NO!Jon: You need so much mental help it's not even funny.
- In 1-6, one normal Paratroopa takes out Jon, Emile, and Tim.
- The guys trying to do a group Ground Pound. Emile and Josh end up going down a pipe.
- "Every time the Yellow Toad dies,note he sounds like a chicken."Emile: BA-KAWK BA-KAAAAAWWWK!!
- While pointing out his recent bad luck, Josh complains that even TIM has more lives than him at the moment. Jon and Emile immediately start calling him out on it (jokingly, of course).
- Jon's attempted Taking You with Me:(Emile eats Jon with his Yoshi)Jon: YOU! (gets out) Get away from me!(Jon ground-pounds on Emile, hijacking his Yoshi)Emile: You- how- You stole my Yoshi!(Both start falling into a pit)(Emile escapes, jumps out of the pit, and bubbles)Jon: BASTARD!! BASTARD!!Emile: HAHAHAHA!! YEESSS!! DESERVE!! DESERVE!!
- Jon takes a number from Maxwell and bubbles just before grabbing the flagpole while being the only person outside of it, to the chagrin of the others. Sadly, he didn't do it during a level they were having a lot of trouble on.Jon: Thanks, Maxwell!
- The group finds a Pokey. Josh seems to start preparing for a "MOVE FASTER POKEY!" reference, but Jon angrily stops him.
- During the Star Coins/deaths montage in the fourth episode, they earn an extra 1-Up house. What they don't realize until after entering is that Emile, Tim, and Josh were still Fun Sized thanks to the Mini Mushroom. The Mini-Game for earning 1-Ups involves shooting oneself out of a cannon.
- Even better: They spent two minutes chasing a Lakitu so that they could obtain one of the sky-high Star Coins. Almost immediately after Jon was finally able to grab it, he got hit by a Pokey. He was the only one still alive.
Josh: "CAN WE JUST GO TO DINNER?!"
- I guess that Pokey should have moved faster.
- While Emile is deciding which level to select next:Emile: We have 2-5 here aaand 2-6. Because I can count, we're going to 2-5.Everyone (except Emile): You can count?Jon: In unison everybody said it!Emile: I can only count to 5, okay? I could only tell that 6 wasn't before 5 by process of elimination.
- While riding a spinning block through the air, Jon thinks he sees a pipe, leading to everyone almost dying (and Josh actually dying) to reach it:Jon: There's a pipe up there! There's a pipe up there!Emile: Get it, Toad (Josh)! Get it! *falls off, saves himself with the bubble, only to get popped by Tim (who bubbles and then gets popped by Emile and re-bubbles) and barely re-bubble*''Josh: I am— *gets powered down by a Flame Chomp, losing his propeller and falling* NOOO! *accidentally pops Tim's bubble, causing Tim to jump and pop Emile's bubble, with them barely re-bubbling as Josh dies*Jon: *completely unharmed and untroubled* Oh, I was wrong. Sorry guys.(Beat)Josh: OH GOOD!Emile: *amidst screaming and laughing of others* OH SCREW YOU! SCREW! YOU! SCREW! YOU!Tim: That was diabolical...
- At the end, the death chart shows that Tim has died 69 times in just 5 episodes.
- And 79 times after 6 episodes, though that's a fewer average-deaths-per-episode count.
- Emile will never live down the Steve incident. The others decided to name everything they run into Steve, which made this exchange.Jon: Let's just name everything we run into, that's a great idea.Josh: *After getting hit by a Bullet Bill* Steve.Jon: Yeah, everything is named Steve.Emile: NO! NO! Nothing is named Steve.
- And in an ironic fashion, Emile wanted his name changed to Steve when he was younger, since he hated his real name, Emile.
- While playing Power-Up Panels:Emile: (pairs up two Ice Flowers) I got a match.Josh: (pairs up two Fire Flowers) I got a match.Jon: (gets a lone Ice Flower) I got a ma...no.Emile: (pairs up two Penguin Suits) I got a match.Tim: (gets a lone Bowser Panel) I got shit.(Everyone starts laughing)Josh: (pairs up two Mini Mushrooms) I got another one...Jon: (finds the other Bowser Panel, ending the game) I GOT A MATCH!(Everyone starts laughing again)
- At a 1-Up house, Emile is trying to aim his cannon, but Jon stands on the end of it, blocking him.Jon: "WHADDYA GONNA DO? WHADDYA GONNA DO? WHADDYA GONNA DO?"
- Emile reveals an... interesting story from his past:Emile: "Four years old. Saw a woman in a revealing dress. 'I wish I had bouncy balls on my tummy to play with whenever I wanted! It'd be fun!'"
- A momentary lapse of judgement while searching for a fake wall in a ghost house.Jon: Pick a side![Everybody does so]Emile: Not the same side!
- And then they all scream when the platform drops.
- After watching the others struggle with the penguin suits, Jon takes charge... and then they get distracted:Jon: Outta the way — professional coming through!Emile: A professional penguin! You're a professional penguin, I'm a professional ape... what does that make NCS?Jon: A professional Weegie?Emile: A professional plumber.[Cue inevitable...]Tim: In the bathroom!
- During their run of the castle, they reach the third coin. Jon and Emile both jump for it... and crash into each other, sending them both to their deaths.Emile: Crap!Jon: DAMMIT! CHUGGA!
- In their first run of World 3-4, they run into a power up roulette block a short while after the checkpoint, and after much struggling to get everyone out of bubbles and safely alive, Josh hits the block just as Jon prepares to Ground Pound it... and gets the 1-Up Mushrooms, resulting in Jon landing on all of them and gaining 4 Extra Lives. Emile's reaction just tops it.
- After Josh knocks Emile off the spinning block of 3-5 and Emile reacts too late: "What did you do?" "He killed himself." "Marios don't kill Marios. Toads kill Marios." "Toads try to kill Marios, and sometimes succeed." Beat "Yeah, that's about right, actually."
- On their second trip through 3-5, they first attempt to ascend the level without setting the spinning block to rise (again). After everyone loses their propellers and are forced to go back, they attempt to do it all at once via Leap of Faith. Of course, things don't go as planned...
- Josh using Tim as a human shield.
- Tim: "Son of a beach..."
- Chugga utters this line when he enters the Castle while wearing the propeller suit:Chugga: I HAVE THE POWER OF JOGGING PANTS, BOWSER!
- At the start of the episode, Catch Phrases are swapped:Josh: Heeey everybody, it's Josh Jepson!Emile: (with a Southern accent) Howdy guys, it's Chuggaaconroy.Tim: Hey everybody, it's NintendoCapriSun, but you knew that already.Jon: I want a catch phrase to steal, too!
Emile: In the last episode we finished up, uh, World 3, and in this episode, we're going to be getting started on the world that comes after 3, I don't know 'cause I can't count that high.Jon, Josh, and Tim in unison: ''FIVE.''
- And thirteen seconds later...
- This exchange:Emile: That sounds like a really bad porn, 4 Penguins.Jon: ...What kind of porn do you watch?!
- After earning an item house with fireworks, Emile makes their first match: Bowser.Text Box: Too bad... You didn't even get one...Josh: FUCK YOU, GAME!Jon: That's my line...Tim: Wow.Emile: Better game than me.Text Box: Press 1 on the map to access your items!
- He then apologizes for swearing, which is immediately Lampshaded by the others mentioning all the swearing done in their previous episode and wondering if it's really worth censoring.
- When they reached Wendy's fortress, Emile gave us this pun.Emile: WE'RE EATING AT WENDY'S TONIGHT!Jon: Awwwww!
You see, Wendy's the ring master, so at Wendy's, they got ONION RINGS!
- The comment section called him out on this!
- Then made more puns...
- The outro for episode 7:Josh: I've been JoshJepson...Emile: I've been Chuggaaconroy...Jon: I've been ProtonJon...Tim: And I've been everywhere!
- The intros never stop being entertaining:Jon: Imagine yourself in a world full of palm trees, water, cannons, mushrooms, and giant spiky fish. Now turn to your left; imagine you have four random people, playing video games, and yelling very loudly next to you. You are in the Runaway Guys' world, [with] myself, and three others. I am ProtonJon and I am joined by...Tim: NintendoCapriSun...Josh: JoshJepson...Emile: And Chuggaaconroy. Ask your travel agent about World 4 today.
- Jon attempts to guide the others through the fortress...
- The group's reaction to seeing Cheep-Chomp, especially when it tries to swim after Luigi after he's already gone up a pipe.
- "IT'S EATING THE PIPE!"
- This, the way Jon reacts, and how it doesn't change at all.Emile: (gets invincibility) TIME TO RAPE!Jon: Um...Emile: AMERICA'S FAVORITE PASTIME!Jon: Um...
- The group trying to get a star coin from the fortress... and each and every one of them dies from falling platforms.
- The callback to the "dinosaurs aren't people" conversation. "Why are we quoting ourselves?! That's just weird!"
- The Emile and Jon "argument" about Ludwig.
- It's even funnier because in the end, Emile was right.
- To make it even funnier, they had this conversation in the middle of shooting the video. So, they ended up just arguing on the video for about two minutes, while on a level select screen not doing anything. It just makes it better for some reason.
- At the flagpole at the end of a level, Jon dashes ahead of everyone, causing the screen to scroll and dump everyone (except him) in the water and not get the flagpole, while Jon gets a 1-Up. This is accompanied with yet another "Bye guys!"
- At the end of a different level (this one a Ghost House), Emile and Jon safely reach the flagpole despite the giant Boo right in front (Tim is already dead). Josh jumps for it, but hits the big Boo and dies... literally the instant the Boo vanishes and Emile and Jon slide down the pole.
- It should be noted this was not a coincidence. Tim was out of lives, and since Jon and Emile were on the pole, the level ends once Josh is out of play, either through death or finishing. Doesn't make it any less hilarious
- At the end of a different level (this one a Ghost House), Emile and Jon safely reach the flagpole despite the giant Boo right in front (Tim is already dead). Josh jumps for it, but hits the big Boo and dies... literally the instant the Boo vanishes and Emile and Jon slide down the pole.
- Emile fails to get to where Bowser Jr. is in the airship. Jon's yell of "To space!" seconds beforehand and the fact that Jon and Tim made it makes it all the funnier.
- The team's Epic Fail in the World 4 Fortress trying to get a star coin.(Tim is squashed.)Tim: Bah I missed.(Jon is squashed.)Tim: Bah he missed.(Josh is squashed.)Tim: Bah he missed too.(Emile is squashed.)Tim: Bah.Jon: Go team!Emile: I never knew what group suicide looked like, but...(laughs)Jon: None of us learned from any of the others, that was great.
- After NCS gets hit by a skewer, Chugga cheerfully yells "SUICIDE!" and jumps after him along with Josh. Jon simply sits back and watches.Jon: Go team! Go Team What-the-Hell!
- The intro by Tim, in a Call-Back to how his several Zelda Let's Plays have made him introduce several videos of other LP's as "The Legend of Zelda: [Game Title]" by accident:Tim: Howdy guys, NintendoCapriSun here and welcome back to the Legend of Zelda: New Super Mario Bros. Wii wait what.note .
- Even better because of just how nonchalant and deadpanned he was.
- Jon throwing Emile into a wall of spikes in the tower, killing him.
- During level 5-3* , Emile makes a completely alien noise when jumping away from a Bramball. Even he doesn't know what it was.Emile: [laughing] What the frick was that?
- Singing Simple Plan's "Untitled" like a country singer.
- Josh loses all his lives again and presses random buttons to make horn sounds as the rest of the guys continue the level without him. Then he predicts the pun Emile is going to make:Jon: Josh is our horn expert.*everyone laughs*Emile: I'm not gonna make that pun.Josh: What?Jon: I'm not sure what pun you had in mind...Josh: I guess you could say I'm kind of...horny.Emile: THAT'S WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY!
- This conversation, after Emile notes how he and Josh were standing in midair due to being on a falling platform when a cutscene started:Jon: YOU ARE WIZARDS!Emile: I'M GOD!Jon: No you're not. Not even close.Josh: You think you're God.Emile: I'm not God. I'm not a god.Josh: (laughs) You're not a god?Emile: I am Amaterasu!Josh: You're not a god. YOU'RE THE GOD!Tim: I am a mortal!Emile: I am Amaterasu!Jon: I'm Batman.
- Josh dies to a Boo right before Jon hits the goal flag. During the "Course Clear" cutscene, his corpse can be seen falling as Jon does his victory dance.
- When they replay the stage, Josh dies to a Boo right before the goal again. Tim also misses the goal flag by one pixel.
- "Are you smarter than a cheese grater?"
- In the fortress, Emile starts climbing up the tower entirely too fast. hilarity ensues.Emile: Im on a mass homicide streak. Just you try and stop me! Jon, dont take that as a challenge.
Jon: Challenge accepted.
Emile: Ohhh God.
Jon: Your mama is a classy lady.
Emile: Your mama smells like the rear end of my foot.
- The intro:Josh: (rather quickly) Heeey, everybody, my name is Josh Jepson, welcome back to Let's Play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's just me today, nobody else, nobody at all. Nobody. Nobody's here. Just me.Emile: I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past.Jon: And present.Tim: And future.
- This line:Emile: (reading off the recording equipment) Disk space is running low. Computer can record audio for 85 hours and three more minutes. That's pretty low. (chuckles)
- Followed by snarking about it from everyone.
- "This episode of New Super Mario Bros. Wii brought to you by Gas-X!"
- Emile gets sandwiched between Jon and Josh while on a rotating hill.
- The intro (of course):Jon: All right, everybody, welcome back to American Gladiators! This time, the red team, green team, blue team, and yellow team will be fighting out against the Aggro Crag! Who do we have on Team Red?Emile: That is Chuggaaconroy!Jon: We have on Team Yellow...Josh: JoshJepson!Jon: We have on Team Green...Tim: NintendoCapriSun!Jon: Thanks for ruining that, by the way, Team Red. Five points deducted!
- The intro.
- And this episode might as well be called the "Gratutious Bubble Abuse" episode.Jon: Why are you all in bubbles AGAIN?
- Randomly singing "99 Red Balloons" in a British accent.
- Randomly singing anything, especially if they all join in.
- A little gem came from a mushroom game. There was a Lakitu and 8 Toad icons. Somehow, both Jon and Josh end up jumping when Luigi opens the box that the red Toad was in.
- Jon gives us the "I am an asshole, I am an asshole" moment. He takes advantage of being the only player left to, instead of popping the bubble of Emile, Bullet Bill Bounce an additional 10 lives. He already had far more lives than anybody else at the time, but he was trying to hit the 99-life maximum.Josh: He is getting lives instead...
Emile: Oh no!
Jon: (singing) I AM AN ASSHOLE! I AM AN ASSHOLE! I AM, SUCH, AN ASSHOLE!
- If Episode 13 is the "Gratutious Bubble Abuse" episode, this episode is the one that bites the Guys HARD. Trainwreck doesn't even BEGIN to describe it...
- Jesus frosting. Here's the link to explain things. Sorta.Josh: Geez, it's thrusting!Emile: Jesus frosting?Emile: I don't want to know what that would taste like... and how you would go about knowing it tastes like that.Jon: Oh no...(Later, after failing and making up lost ground)Josh: Thrusting. I actually said "Geez it's thrusting".Emile: I thought you said "Jesus frosting". I was like "How would you know it tastes like that?"Jon: It tastes like sacrilege!Tim: Ewwww...
- In Part 2, there's a point when they are all jumping on each other's heads in a vertical line.
- They do that a lot, actually. Mostly because it's an utter Game-Breaker for acquiring Star Coins.
- Emile, due to a wall blocking his view of Jon and Josh, causes this little gem:Josh: Aww, Tim.*Emile advances further into the stage, causing Jon and Josh to be damaged*Josh: GAH!Jon: YOU ARE AN ASS.Emile: I didn't even see you were there...
- Made funnier by how completely nonchalant he was.
- Emile tries to justify various disasters he brought in Castle 7 with "I didn't do it on purpose!", which causes the entire group, especially Jon, to turn on him, in a "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you, WHAT HAVE YOU JUST SAID?!?" way. Then:Jon: (completely serious) Say it.Emile: (laughs) ...it.Josh: (laughs)Jon: (deadpan) You're an idiot.
- The Runaway Guys converge on a Star Coin over a gap.Jon: Alright, who's sacrificing their life?Josh: DAAAGGH(Laughter)Jon: Okay, you can do it, Josh!
- And later on, Emile jumps for a Star Coin and dies right after getting it.
- In an early episode, Emile nearly makes it to the flagpole but is a split second too late, ending up basically hugging the pole at the ending scene. Yes, he was touching the pole, and it didn't register.
- In world 7-4, the guys just got the third coin for the first time, then everyone but Josh died. He made an attempt to stay alive by ducking into a ball and hiding, not noticing the very obvious Bullet Bill slowly creeping up, when it hits him...*Everyone screams*Josh: I didn't see it coming.Jon:" HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THAT COMING?!'
- In the first part there's this when they use a power-up.
- Just four seconds into the second part of Episode 14, Emile gets instantly killed by a Skewer.Emile: OH SHIT!!!
- This:Jon: What did lava ever do to you? Lava's here to save the world.Emile: And fire is a wonderful invention.(Emile dies when the group reach a ? Block. Tim opens it, releasing a Super Mushroom and 3 Ice Flowers; while Emile's in the bubble, everyone takes an Ice Flower and Josh gets the mushroom)Emile: Thanks a lot! Wha — what are you targeting me for!? What did I ever do to you?Jon: We've been through this before!Emile: What did I ever do to you, honey?Josh: Um, what?Jon: Aaaand that's where we stop the video. Good night everybody.(cut to the end of episode screen for a few seconds, before going back to the game)
- The hilarious intro that goes on for a whole minute. Only the first couple of seconds are planned (supposedly). And while some would label it as an Overly Long Gag, it'll keep you laughing the whole time:Emile: Live from PAX Prime, it is really hot in here so JEPSON! YOU'RE FIRED!Josh: *girlish scream*Tim: *groans*Jon: So...we're playing three-player now?Emile: Well, you know he always gets hired back on by the end of the episode, so we might as well have him play with us while he still can.Tim: We need a replacement right now! You need to stick around!Emile: You are your own replacement, JEPSON!Emile: Anyway, so I am Chuggaaconroy. And you Jepson, your first name is...?Josh: Josh... Jepson...Emile: Josh Jepson-Jepson! And you are...?Tim: Mario Mario!Emile: AKA?Tim: Actually I am NintendoCapriSun.Jon: You're not even PLAYING Mario! That doesn't even make any sense!Emile: And you are Yourenotevenplayingmariothatdoesntevenmakeanysense.Jon: That's my name actually. I had it legally changed to that. It was a really awkward moment.
- Another incident involved a flagpole glitch similar to the Boo and Josh incident. Tim, in a rare feat of nice platforming, is able to get the 1-Up bonus at the top of the flagpole. However, he for some reason bubbles at the exact frame that he touches the flagpole. As a result, Luigi disappears from the screen and an empty bubble floats away. Cue flabbergasted reactions.
"Tim!""Tim's on top-"*empty bubble*Everyone: "...What? WHAT?!" "WHAT?" "HUH?" "WHAT?"
- *Chatting as they run to the flag, then the words "Warning: Turn your volume down!" appear on the screen.*
- It's been suggested that the reason he's been bubbling right at the end of the levels so much is that he knew about this glitch and has been intentionally trying to get it to work the entire time, which makes this even better.
- In Level 8-1, surrounded by lava and falling flaming rocks, Josh is the only one alive at the moment and freaking out. "Josh, don't fail us now!" "I will totally fail you now!" He doesn't, actually.
- "HEY JON! DON'T EAT THE HOUSE!"
- Another moment (roughly a third of the way through), this exchange making fun of how few movies Emile's seen:Emile: I actually saw a movie when I was little.Jon: (beat) A movie when you were little?Emile: It was Armageddon.Jon: One singular movie, that's all he's ever seen.Josh: He's seen Winnie the Pooh.(everyone in the room laughs)Jon: It was a good movie, man!Emile: It was! The effects were decent!Jon: ... The effects of Winnie the Pooh were decent?Emile: Yes.Jon: Gotta love that hand-drawn animation.
- Emile tries to grab a POW Block necessary for the 2nd Star Coin, but Josh sets it off too early.Emile: Well, we're redoing this stage since there's a coin up there...Jon: JEP-SON!Emile: GET IN HERE!
- When the group is having difficulty with 8-5. Allusions to the Freelance Astronauts aside when they did this game, both Josh and Tim had to continue, bringing their total to 12...
- While hunting for Star Coins, everybody but Emile is either dead or above a platform that prevents them from reaching the coin. Emile remarks about it's up to him, jumps... and falls in the lava without coming anywhere near the coin. Everybody laughs, and then to make it funnier, they were all so busy sarcastically clapping and laughing that Josh, the only one alive, didn't notice the lava coming up to him, and he died too.* AND THEN when they restart the level, still laughing, Jon walks two steps and falls into a lava pit just like he did earlier.
- The entirety of the battle with Bowser and the little scene afterward.
- Any time Luigi/Tim is in a bubble during a cutscene. Including the above.Tim: (referring to Bowser's demise) Nobody could've survived that...*Luigi floats onscreen in a bubble*Jon: (over laughter) Nobod- Except Luigi! *Laughs*
- The intro, both the Throw It In! minute-long burp incident and the actual intro which, for those wondering, involves the guys taking part in a so-called "anger management class" that culminates in Emile announcing himself note and Jon threatening to kill him. As usual.
- Tim switches up his IN THE BATHROOM Catchphrase to "IN THE WASHROOM" at one point, but it doesn't have nearly the same effect.
- In the final Bowser Jr. fight, Emile learns a lesson in Tempting Fate.*Jon throws Emile at a fire, and Emile bubbles just in time*Jon: Aw, come on game!Jon: Yeah, you know how that works. You say the game's favoring you, and then-*Bowser Jr. drops a giant spiky bomb right on top of Emile, killing him*Emile: OH NO!Jon: -And then that happens! *butstomps the last bomb up to Bowser Jr., killing him* And I get the kill!
- Even better, it was pretty obvious the game targeted Emile specifically. Why? Because Tim was literally an inch away from Emile and wasn't hit.
- TRG's collective response to Kamek taking off with Peach yet again after completing one of the airships:Jon: Hey, we saved the princess![Kamek captures Peach and flies away]Everyone: Oh.NCS: No we didn't.
- Star Coin fail on 9-3. Twelve tries before they finally succeed. Tim's comment wraps it all up:Tim: "The people who invented failing wanna offer us a contract."Emile: "I want a contract!"
- That might be a reference to something completely different.
- One of the main features in 9-3 Star Coin fail is when they finally get the coin, but right at the exit, Jon dies from Bullet Bills... and he's the only one alive. Cue screaming.
- And the level starts with Tim saying "Oh, well, this isn't so bad."
- According to the Guys, Tim actually sleeps IN THE BATHROOM at the hotel. Literally. He calls it "tradition".
- Somebody (three guesses as to who) ground-pounds right beside Josh and sends him into a pit in one episode. Josh is obviously angry:Josh: "WHO KILLED ME? WHO KILLED ME?" *indicating Emile* "WAS IT YOU?"Emile: "Maybe."
- Jon and Josh officially team up against Emile during the World 9 levels to make him use a continue. (It fails.)
- While going through one level, Jon is carrying Tim, who has an Ice Flower, essentially turning Jon into a moving ice sentry as long as Tim keeps shooting ice. And then:Jon: Force to be reckoned with! Force-a-nature! *falls* Oh shit! *bubbles, causing Tim to die*
- During the intro, everyone (except Josh) introduces themselves with a fake name, and the names on the side of the screen telling who is playing as which character change to match their fake names. We end up with two Thomas Jeffersons and a John Quincy Adams.
- Jon and Emile have each other listed in the Most Common Death Cause totals.
- Jon's ongoing crusade to make Emile use a continue:Jon: You're so close I can taste it!Emile: You can taste my death...Jon: And it's delicious!
- Emile and Jon debating who grabbed the star coins in a level:Emile: I got the first two coins! What are you, taking credit for my work? You know, it's not easy to just run face-first into money!
- The game punishes Emile for a bad pun.Emile: [gets knocked into the swamp by a frozen Koopa Troopa (thrown by Jon, naturally)] Oh, hey, you suck!Jon: Yeaaah!Emile: Hey... that was a nice kill and an ice kill!Jon: Don't make me kill you again. [Emile is killed by a falling Goomba] Thank you.
- At the very end of the game, Emile finally pays Jon back the best he can.Jon: You sure got your revenge against me!
- Remember in Episode 1 when Tim dies to the very first Goomba in the first stage? Well, even though no one points it out, if you look closely, he also gets killed by the very last Goomba in the last stage.
- Emile starts using a bunch of Josh's own quotes:Josh: What the hell, man?Tim: Lava.Emile: Well, it's 'cause I'm sitting at an angle, that's why.Josh: Oh my god! It's not supposed to go at an angle!Jon: I hear you can sue for copyright infringement on that.Josh: I can.Tim: Yeah, you got that creative commons...Jon: DUN DUN DUNNNNN!Emile: Creative commons... for saying something doesn't go at an angle.Josh: Yep.
- Jon pulls out the anti-Emile word, with predictable results.Emile: I'd say I trooped through it.Jon: Like Steve?Emile: NO!!Jon: Eh, Steve!Emile: HE FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME IN THE END!Jon: I can't kill him in the game, but I can kill him internally!
New Super Mario Bros. U
- The fact that Tim, who is usually the one who is not paying attention, is the only one who is actually paying attention in this LP.
- Both Josh and Emile treating getting star coins as Serious Business.
- And Tim, who doesn't, is getting all of them.
- Jon reveals whether or not he'll be continuing his... gameplay style from the previous New Super Mario Bros. game.Jon: Um... for now, it's gonna be... a treaty. I'm not going to be bloodthirsty for now. Uh, if someone draws first blood on me, though, they're going to regret it.Emile: He's staring right at me while he's saying it!
- Basically, the whole concept of Jon being nice, especially after the fiasco from last time.
- Taking three attempts to get all the coins on the second level.
- In one of their replays of the second level, Josh using the term "cray-cray" and Jon's reaction.
- The outro:Josh: I've been JoshJepson!Tim: I've been NintendoCapriSun.Jon: I will probably continue to be ProtonJon.Emile: And I am most likely Chuggaaconroy.
- Emile decides to start the episode with his Spiritual Successor to the "Meet Josh Jepson" song... The Timstones.
- The sheer amount of planning Emile put into the gag — he actually wrote the song out ahead of time on his iPad, and by the sound of the delivery, might have even rehearsed what is basically a follow-up to a years-old off-the-cuff joke. Emile, never change.
- Emile: I made Josh laugh. I am legitimately funny for once in my life!
- After the Guys decide Yoshi's waving-goodbye animation at the end of the level looks like a striptease, they act like this is a Geeky Turn-On.
- Giving the pink baby Yoshi a Vocal Dissonance deep boisterous voice. "YO-SHI!"
- The intro has Tim doing a spiel about running a store which supplies Piranha Plants and dancing flowers to liven up your lawn, which segues into the Guys proposing a film called "Rise of the Planet of the Piranha Plants".
- On "Rise of the Piranha Plants", Jon accidentally bounces on Emile's head while he holds a baby Yoshi, which makes them bounce through the air repeatedly and unable to get the flag.Jon: I can't get the gate! I'm stuck up here!Everyone else: *cracks up laughing*
- Josh deciding to take on Jon's former role as the asshole of the group when Emile's puns hit their peak annoyance.
- Emile attempting a squawky Toad voice and Jon trying to veto it.
- Tim chases after a lost green Yoshi for a while but it runs off the left side of the screen, so he seems to have lost it. Then, just as the other Guys go through a pipe, Tim falls down and land on top of the Yoshi just as it runs back on screen, as the screen transitions to the next section.
- Jon talking about when he was flagged for spoilers on Miiverse for saying that the level "Perilous Pokey Cave" has Pokeys in it.
- Josh drifting down to the top of the flagpole to get a 1-Up at the end of the episode.
- Jon says he trained for the LP by playing the game with drunken roommates, and segueing into saying that "four drunk people are the equivalent of one Chuggaaconroy ".
- Jon's annoyance at Emile's Leeroy Jenkins style playing meaning that they almost missed a secret exit.
- The way Tim just vanishes (as he was on a pipe platform up above) without any of the others noticing until he reappears.
- The Guys argue over a question-mark block, with Emile and then Josh 'camping' it by waiting above so they would get all the power-ups inside. They finally agree to back off and hit it... only for the block not to be a power-up one after all and only contain one coin.
- While Jon is well aware of its contents, just to see them struggle.
- The latter part of the Layer Cake Desert's Castle.
- Tim's intro involves him joking about Googling 'help me with my intro,' then Jon actually does it, finding that the top answer has someone on Yahoo! Answers wanting help with an introduction to an essay about comparing China and India, with child labor being one of the topics. This segues into Emile announcing "The Runaway Guys endorse child labor in China!".
- The Hyperbolic Toilet Chamber.
- Emile makes a Xenoblade reference, then is surprised that Jon got it...Emile: How do you know Riki is from Xenoblade?Jon: Because I watched you play it, because you forced me to!
- For no reason, Tim starts singing "Barbara Ann" by The Beach Boys, and the others all spontaneously join in. Emile remarks on he's surprised how coordinated they were.
- Emile says he also previously thought it was "Bobber Ann", amusingly.
- "Crowd sourcing how to fight Boom Boom". It's apparently why Peach ends up screaming "HELP ME!".Jon: "Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know Boom Boom?"
- This episode gives us Evil Chugga. He finally understands why Jon trolled so much, and immediately starts attacking Josh.
- Evil Chugga vanishes; but not in the memory of Josh, who is quick to call him an asshole (Chugga Asshole, or Asshole Conroy, or just Asshole Asshole) in the intro.
- Tim pulls off two Incredibly Lame Puns in quick succession at the start of the episode: first when they run into a Cheep Cheep enemy on the overworld he says "That was cheap!" and then when Emile opens the chest and gets the star at the end he comments "You're a star!" The best part is, nobody even notices the second one.
- In a Call-Back to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, they decide that the Koopalings are now all called Iggy. Except one who is Bobert...
- "I hate physics!"
- Josh's unintentionally dark-sounding comment "I enjoy watching them die!".
- Emile having seen hardly any movies comes up again (not having heard of Christopher Nolan) and Jon asks him what was the last movie he saw in the theatre. Emile replies Wreck-It Ralph, then when Jon asks him the one before that, he says he went to see Twilight with his friends as a So Bad, It's Good thing. The other three decide to ignore the last part and challenge fanfic writers and fanartists to come up with embarrassing portrayals of Emile as a Twilight fan.
- Emile retaliates later on by creating the mental image of Tim dressed as Yuna or Rikku from Final Fantasy X and saying it will make the fanartists 'throw up all over DeviantArt'.
- Tim dies just as they defeat Wendy, resulting in Luigi falling off the screen with her. The other Guys comment on this, saying "Tim went down with Wendy!" Tim, running with it, quickly blurts out, "I was horny!"
- According to Josh, Daisy is lesbian for Birdo.
- The episode starts with Josh doing a fairytale-style intro and he randomly refers to the other three as women, which leads to them mocking Deviantart fanartists' obsession with doing Rule 63 version of the Guys.
- Tim makes another Stealth Pun during the Airship ambush level when he says "screw it" — not referring to the game in and of itself, but rather the nuts screwing around a bolt. Again, it goes unnoticed.
- Josh asks Jon if he wants to create a new collab channel...Jon: Aren't you on, like, five?Josh: ...Yes.
- One of the Miis on the Miiverse they're looking at the comments of is called "Josh" and has a moustache. Jon jokes that it's actually their Josh and comments "Nice moustache, Josh"... only for Emile to actually look at Josh to see if he has one.
- Josh spends "two hours" (according to Emile) trying to get a Fire Flower on an out-of-reach platform.
- Jon and Josh randomly shake hands to congratulate each other on finishing a level.
- Emile points out the unintentional Running Gag of Josh repeatedly saying that this is as far as he has played into the game, only to climb down and say he's actually played 'a few more levels' every time.
- Everyone, and especially Emile, constantly being killed by the Death Water.
- The guys mentioning My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic of all things.
- A Yank the Dog's Chain moment where Jon lets Josh take a 1-up, only for the screen to transition away just before Josh can grab it due to Tim having gone up the pipe to the next area.
- At the end, Emile claims that Josh will be replaced with Kid Rock as their fourth player.
- The guys bring up My Little Pony again:Emile: (to Jon) You never watch anything that I watch.Jon: You watch My Little Pony!*everyone laughs*Jon: Of course I don't watch what you watch!
- Jon and Josh's synchronised Evil Laugh.
- After Emile is disappointed that Josh finished off the boss, everyone else's chanting of "You're a dick! You're a dick!"
- In one level, Emile goes on a tangent about how he was bullied excessively in high school... only to be completely ignored except a single sympathetic "Awww" from Tim.
- Josh has this reaction to seeing the flying Boom Boom.Josh: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Bro, calm down! Calm yo tits!
- Jon actually being nice for once (waiting so he doesn't kill Emile by scrolling the screen up) causes them to miss a star coin and have to redo the level. Josh says he should reference the incident every time Emile complains about him being a dick in the future.
- Jon and Josh both spontaneously decide to go quiet ("The Broadsnote have taken a vow of silence" according to Emile), prompting Tim to suggest he killed them with a fart.
- At the end, Josh has a coughing fit and the others say he's 'dying', then Jon points out that Emile is looking at Josh 'longingly', and Josh suggests that Emile is harbouring necrophilia fantasies about Josh's soon-to-be-dead body.
- After Emile says that being "Like A Boss" is "not the Runaway Guys way", Tim puns "we're more 'Like an Employee'."
- Also, when confronting the miniboss at the end:Emile: You can't be a boss! You only have dots for eyes!Josh: That's racist!
- Emile insults Star Trek (actually meaning he had never seen it and had got a bad impression from others, but it came out like an insult) and Josh retaliates on behalf of all the Trekkies by chucking him into the lava.
- A Miiverse post says "I AM SO HORNY". Guess who the Miiverse name was? True Jon.
- Jon (the real one!) then sees that another Miiverse poster was 'Juan', and comments "Jon and Juan, it's on!"
- Emile even says that enabling Miiverse, for working for a straight hour, was worth it for stuff like this.
- Tim had three deaths in the episode. The causes, according to the end display? Emile, Jon, and Josh.
- "Charming Charlie's Chocolate Charmanders!"
- On the first level, Emile and Tim head into the pipe to go get the first Star Coin. Josh, being blind at this point in the game, saw the second Star Coin and assumed it was the first, while everyone else knew that it wasn't.Josh: (loudly) Does nobody acknowledge that we missed the fucking Coin because you assholes went in the pipe!?
- After Josh says he has gone from assholish to apathetic, Emile says Josh has relived Jon's entire life in a day.
Josh: Now I'll be Chuggaaconroy and scream and shit!
- Immediately afterward, Josh suggests doing Emile's life next.
- At one point, Josh is standing on the very edge of a tilting platform that is weighed down to the right:Jon: Josh, walk to the left.Josh: (walks right and dies)Jon: Thats not the left.Emile: (sings) To the left, to the left!Jon: Good job, Josh.
- Tim throws a POW Block to make a Star Coin drop down. It makes it... but not before bouncing off Emile's head.
- During an item collecting minigame in Episode 22, Josh states that the group is concentrating, leading to him accidentally blurting out concentration camp. The other three react accordingly while Josh tries to explain what he meant,Josh: I was thinking, like, summer camp, and we're concentrating... I swear to god! No!Emile: Speaking of offensive in Europe.Josh: Imma just shut up now...
- They discuss the Vitriolic Best Buds trope, with Emile saying that he heard AttackingTucans say that new friends are very polite with each other while best friends joke about wanting to kill each other. Josh agrees and then Emile traps him into confessing that Tucans is his best friend.
- The Stinger, which has Jon of all people making a bad pun.*after getting a Star and Mushroom from the minigame, Jon jumps on top of the question block and the dance animation plays*Emile: Jon's dancing with the powerups.Jon: I'm Dancing with the Stars.
- Emile jumping into the lava just before the flagpole.
- During the first fight with Bowser, Jon just uses his P-acorn suit to fly up and hit the switch, leaving everyone else to die via falling in a pit because the cutscene prevented them from bubbling.
Jon: Oh by the way, bye, guys.
- Made even better by how nonchalant he sounded just before this moment.
- Emile's "Why did I have a second three-dimensional plane installed?!" at the end of the Bowser fight, which is a callback to his line in New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Bowser fight.
- The entirety of the "Run For It" level.
- A Miiverse post:Nick B.: Bruce Springsteen was wrong. I was not born to run...
- Jon referencing Harley Quinn and Emile mistaking it for a reference to Rosie the Robot.
- Just like in NSMB Wii, Emile and Jon's most common cause of death...each other!
New Super Luigi U
- Jon's Miiverse posts.Two words: I can't count.Two words: One of the shortest sentences you can make.
- Because Mario is not in the game, Emile decides to be Yellow Toad:Emile: I will be the best Yellow Toad we've ever had!!!Jon: Even better than Josh.
- "If cats have 9 lives, does that mean that rabbits have 99 lives?"
- Jon says to let Tim have the power-ups, and he accidentally takes them all. Emile says this:Emile: "Let Tim get the power-ups" he said.
- Emile does the by now traditional spoof of a cartoon theme song...this time it's Runawayniacs.
- All three of the Guys are so busy taking the time to make sure they get the best bonus combinations on the hidden level that they are caught completely offguard when they run out of time just before hitting the flagpole and have to redo the level.
- This gem:Emile: You know Jon, you're like Viridi, you can be really nice when you try.(Beat)Jon: Yea, that's gonna help the shipping stuff we have to deal with when you compare me to Viridi.Emile: OH NO! And people compare me to Pit, dang it! I didn't even think before I spoke!
- Jon spots a Miiverse post...by himself. And it's a joke about Waluigi. (He claims he made at least 30 posts on the game and only that one involved Waluigi).
- Jon climbs up a vine first, only for the game to randomly decide to instead have Emile at the top of the vine when the screen shifts.
- Emile pointing out a rendering error in the mushroom house when his character dances both in front of and behind Toad at the same time.
- Just like Tim and Josh in the past, Jon manages to pause the game when he's trying to bubble.
- Both Jon and Emile try to jump for a coin, only for both of their jump button pushes not to register. They fall into the pit below and Tim gets it.
- Not even 45 seconds in, they fail out of a level.
- At one point, Jon tries to risk his life for a star coin... Only for Tim to rush in and grab it before he could. Made better just a few moments later when he accidentally bounces Tim into the next star coin. And also by Tim singing the "I am an asshole" song. Emile even lampshades this by pointing out that first Jon was the dick, then he was a dick, and now Tim is being a dick, so they're all evil.
- "Darn kids get off my intro!"
- Halfway into the level "Weighty Waddlewings", both Jon and Tim get killed by a group of Waddlewings.
- Jon loses a life because Emile pops his bubble by jumping on it over a pit.
- This is the established trainwreck for this LP, including one time all of them bubbling at the very beginning of the level. Which you can see here.
- And we get to see another comment from Jon, this time about the Bowser snowman.
- Emile makes a pun, which is immediately followed by this gem.Emile: I take all your energy, I sap it out of your...cockles, and add it to mine.Jon: I'm sorry, my WHAT?
- We get possibly the greatest Accidental Innuendo ever. Of all time. Found here.Emile: Whoa! Two or three-up, my ass!
- Emile accuses Jon of wanting to kill him as the latter throws a Koopa shell at some enemies, with Jon pointing out that he hasn't tried to kill him yet in the entire LP. Emile later states that he constantly expects it due to putting up with years of "Jon's constant abuse".Emile: Jon....Jon: Why? I tried to kill that thing. Calm down.Emile: Oh.Jon: I'm not always trying to kill you! In fact I haven't even tried to kill you this entire LP!Emile: I'm sorry, but after so many years of constant abuse I'm just used to—Jon: Wow, way to make me sound like a total asshole!
Emile: I need to embrace my inner penguin to move through this stage.[Gets hit almost immediately]Emile: Crap.
- Also in Episode 10, we have this exchange as Emile gets a Penguin Suit.
- During one part of the video, Emile says that Nintendo released the 2DS, "a weird awkward system that nobody wants, it really is the Year of Luigi".
- Tim randomly hits the A button to bring up Miiverse posts while they're hanging around on the map... And the very first Miiverse post in range says, "Hi Protonjon Nintendocaprisun and Chuggaaconroy (sic)!" The guys break down laughing, and spend a good minute or so discussing how that particular Miiverse post knew to target them specifically.
- When Emile and Tim are laughing at the frustrated noises Jon is making:
- The ending, where Jon goes into faux Cuteness Proximity.
- Jon spends the majority of the episode spewing out Angrish and rage at the game's controls.
- The guys discover that the final Star Coin in the Ghost House either requires you to keep a star in effect until the end of the stage (which they deem impossible with three players) or have a Flying Squirrel powerup. So they use an acorn. As they start the stage, Jon says "If we all lose our flying squirrel suits before we get the star...". Cue all three of them losing the powerup on the first jump of the stage seconds afterward. Jon then tells them not to worry, since there's acorns in a nearby block. Cue all the acorns falling off the edge and Jon almost dying trying to get one.
- Near the end of the episode, after the guys have finished an absolutely nightmarish Boo house stage, they read a Miiverse post that says "LOL so easy". Emile is not amused.Emile: [groans] Oh screw you!
- Tim's "foreshadowing" pun is enough to make Emile groan, while Jon seems to miss it altogether.
- On the stats listing at the end, Jon's one proper death (by the purple goop) is attributed to "Death Water".
- At the beginning of the video, the life counter shows that Jon has 70 lives and Emile has 72. Tim? 1. Although he did redeem himself and brought his lives up again later in this episode and the rest of the LP.
- Also at the beginning, everyone decides to make references to Minecraft because of the location they're in (Rock-Candy Mines).
- As well as this, apparently Jon spent his time on his Nintendo 3DS during the intro.
- The intro:Emile: An unlikely hero. Two fungi sidekicks. A damsel in distress. And we are stowaways on this spine coaster to save her. This is Super Luigi U. Let's do it.
- And Tim's reaction to the aforementioned line.
- The guys when Tim dies (while Emile and Jon are in bubbles) and have to start the spine coaster level over.
- At the end of the level "Spike's Seesaws", Jon and Tim reach the top of the flagpole and get a 1-Up, but not Emile.
- Jon tries to grab Nabbit and falls with him into a Bottomless Pit... only to find that this counts as an escape for Nabbit and a loss for them. Cue Precision F-Strike from Jon and Big "WHAT?!" from Jon and Emile.Jon: BULLSHIT! Fuck you game!
- Everyone spontaneously bursting into the "Mahna Mahna" song.
- Emile uses "penguin-ing" as a verb and Jon complains. "That's not how you English."
- Emile randomly says "I like you, Jon!". Jon is very confused. Emile gets annoyed and spends the rest of the video reminding Jon that he said that whenever Jon says something vaguely insulting to him.
- The opening:Jon *in a deep voice* In the clouds, no one can hear you scream. But they can probably hear you yell a lot and swear, as God knows that's what I've been doing. Welcome back to Meringue Clouds Ghost House. In New Super Luigi U.Emile: They say that no one can hear you scream in the clouds, except the person standing right next to you. Don't be that guy.
- Before starting the first level of the video:Emile: (speaking like a Valley Girl) That's so totally raven!Jon: (quietly) Please never do that again.Emile: Challenge accepted!Jon: (laughs) I like that challenge, keep it up.
- The video description:Three heroes, two boss stages, and one pissed off Jon!
- At the beginning, Jon and Emile get into an argument about "Vampire Squirrels".
- Jon gets killed by the same moving block twice.
- By the time they reach the third star coin of the castle all three of them bubble and kick themselves out of the level.
- At the end, Jon and Emile have a brief Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate about whether the overworld map is meant to imply their characters are going straight through the doors of Peach's Castle or finding a secret way up the back. After a while, Emile lampshades how pointless the argument is.
- It begins with the Guys suffering Total Party Kill. Twice. In the first minute of the video.
- Tim is this close to getting the final hit on Bowser, with Emile calling it, until Tim misses it by the slightest margin. Cue the Big "NO!" from Emile.
- Jon steals the last hit on Bowser from Tim's second attempt, leading the Guys to realize that Jon landed every hit on Bowser after he had stolen Bowser Jr.'s Clown Kart from the other two every time. This leads him to confirm that he plays better when he's an asshole after all.
- This one provides another hilarious trainwreck: P-Switch Peril.
- Specifically, Jon's outburst near the end after he successfully pulls off a trick to bypass the last of the level's obstacles.Jon: *beat* Wow, that was cathartic.
- They made it through three Star World stages with ease, but the last one was yet ANOTHER disaster.
- Out of anger of failing, yet another run of a stage, there's this gem:Emile: Love of... the Monado!
- After going through the entire game without using a single continue, Tim loses all his lives on the level "Impossible Pendulums"... and has to use one. And Jon and Emile don't even realize it until they reach the flagpole.Jon: RIGHT AT THE END!Emile: NO, TIM!
Super Mario 3D World
- Jon's MLG horns
- Masae's eternal quest for the crown.
- The three guys begin their LP by singing a song...to the tune of The Legend of Zelda's theme.Tim: We're going...to play Super Mariooo! But in that caaaaase, why am I singing the Zelda sooong?Jon: Because we just played Hyrule Warriorrrsss, right before this gaaaame, because we could'nt come uuuppp...Jon and Emile: ...WITH AN INTROOOO!!Tim: (singsong) Well there you gooooo...!
- Guest star Masae Anela initially posing as Jon's left hand. Your left hand is your girlfriend?
- After that above gag, they introduce Masae properly...Emile: (to Masae) And you'll be playing as...?Masae: Um...the one in the dress.Jon: You mean Luigi? Sweet!Masae: ...YEAH!
Emile: I'm-(suddenly does a Mario accent) I'm-a Mario!Jon: (does the Mario accent too) I'm-a Blue Toad!Tim: (also does the accent) I'm-a Luigi!Masae: (does no Mario accent, but says with a positive tone) I am the one in the dress.Jon: Yay! Gender stereotyping, YAAAAAY!!Everyone: (all cheer and whoo)
- Which is followed by the roll call of the team, and the characters they will be playing as:
- Masae continues to be Deadpan Snarker towards Emile.Emile: I'm so sad...Masae: Are you sure you have friends?
- Jon and Emile start randomly singing Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", before Tim belts out a line very loud. Surprisingly, he enters a warp pipe at that moment, forcing everyone into said pipe, and also forcing Emile to do a pun related to Tim's 'pipes'. Masae is not amused.
- At the end of the video, there's an outtake of Emile clappingEmile: I hurt my hands...
- Continuing their tradition with LPs of Super Mario games, the intro has Emile and Masae doing a parody of the Tiny Toon Adventures theme song of all things! They even put sing-along styled subtitles on the screen as they sing! Words can't do justice on how hilarious this is! The song goes as follows:Emile: We're tiny!We're Timmy!We're all a little loon(e)y!And in this playthrough-ny...We're invading your YT!We're Let's Play dispensersWe crack up all the censorsOn Tiny Tim Adventures...We're a bunch of oddities!Tim: IN THE BATHROOMEmile: So here's Sprixie Kingdom...It's eight long worlds of funWe run and jump like some big chumps...Until our lives are noneMasae: The script's non-existentIt's all so inconsistentEmile and Masae:On Tiny Tim Adventures it's about to startEmile: Onward to TRG's project, we're at it once againWith my bad puns, we'll all cringe tons...Since two-thousand and tenJon's whiny, he's moody and just a little snooty(Jon: Wow!)It's Tiny Tim Adventures come and join the fun!Jon: Well fuck you too!Masae: And now his puns are done.
- Jon states that tips won't help, since they recorded months in advance... given what they bring up next episode, however...
- Right from the start, we get hilarity, because they had to redo this episode due to Emile not recording the commentary originally... and this was noticed after they finished the series.
- In the end of the episode, everyone blamed Emile for making the episode end early. Emile's following exchange is this:Emile: But that's just Emiiillleee...!(Beat)Tim: A GAME EMILEEEE!Both: Thanksss for watchinnnggg!Jon: (with no emotion) Ohhhh god, save me now.
- Followed by Tim referencing Game Theory's 'end-card tournament'...which happens during the end-card of the episode.
- An inappropriate (but conveniently censored for viewers) Miiverse post scrolls by, leaving a plethora of funny reactions from the group.Emile: Dicks on Miiverse, Nintendo employee was eating a sandwich!
- Another slot machine shows up, but they screw up the timing again; Jon ends up jumping before the proper countdown. The funnier part? They still get 3/4 of the reels matching without the countdown and Jon was the odd one out!
- Since one of the levels relied practically entirely on the player holding the game pad, Emile decided it was his turn to be the troll. Exemplified by the following line:Emile: Jon has taught me well.
- The gang runs through a boss gauntlet level, only for Emile to barely edge out Masae in points. When Masae expresses disappointment over losing out on the winner's crown, the following conversation takes place:Masae: Nooooo! I was so close! My crown...Emile: Aww, I'm sorry. But you already have a crown upon your head...Masae: IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH!(beat)Emile: Oh!(Tim busts out laughing)
- The beginning of the episode.Jon: (in raspy voice) Hey Luigi, I've got a secret to share with you.
Jon: (Still in the same voice): That's a pretty good secret.
- This exchange:Emile: Y'know, when you expend a shriek that high pitched, you really do deserve to win, so congratulations.
Masae: ...what does my squeal have to do with me deserving to win?
Emile: I mean, the loudness of your squeal showed how bad you wanted it and you got it!
Masae: So is that why you're so loud all the time? Because you always want to win?
(Jon starts laughing)
Tim: Oooh, she set you up on that one!
Emile: ...I'm gonna go cry now.
- At the beginning, Jon is spinning around and singing the Mexican Hat Dance, while holding Masae over his head, so Emile can't ground pound her and take the crown away. Meanwhile, Masae is moaning about how dizzy she is.
- Jon and Tim pondering what makes Captain Toad's backpack so heavy, and they jokingly state that Treasure Tracker is a prequel to 3D World. Ironically, it is.
- The guys celebrating someone's birthday has Jon spamming MLG horns.
- "They're so lonely that nobody taught them grammar."
- The ending, where they go discuss about depressing thoughts about social environments, only to quickly end the topic... until they see yet another depressing thing: a Miiverse post referencing Conker's Bad Fur Day.
- The last line of the episode:Jon: (cheerfully) Join us next week when we discuss about The Great Depression! See you then! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! (MLG horns)
- Halfway through the video, what else but dickbutt makes an appearance. The reactions are appropriate and hilarious, to say the least.
- In Switchboard Falls, their struggles with a certain loop where the "!" blocks switch the rails. It ends up switching back and forth a lot. Then Jon starts trolling.
- "ATTACK OF THE GIANT CANADIAN!"
- In the beginning of the episode, Emile tells us the problem he has with the Miiverse stamps: there's a cloud stamp and every other post uses it to make fart jokes.
- Shortly after that, Emile nonchalantly mentions that they're getting a 1-Up (from collecting a coin on the map), which prompts this from Jon and Masae:Jon and Masae: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
- Pretty much ALL of the gang's camera trouble in Ant Trooper Hill and everyone's reactions to it, given that it randomly locks onto Tim when not needed.
- Tim's joke at the beginning that Crosses the Line Twice.
- The Goomba that inexplicably follows the main characters.
- Emile calls Masae cute after beating Level 5-1.Masae: Yay! Yay!Emile: Can you see how happy we've made her? Can you see how cute she sounds?Masae: Excuse me?Jon: ... Wow! That went away fast!Emile: Why do you get so upset when people call you cute?Masae: Only you.(Jon starts laughing)
Jon: Hey let's test this. (Casually) That was pretty cute, Masae.(Beat)Masae: Thank you.Jon: You're welcome.Emile: You- your cheeks turned red.Masae: You're very nice.Jon: I love how, for a split second, you looked incredibly pissed, and then realized it was Emi- what we were talking about and like "Oh wait! Gotta smile!"(Masae starts laughing)Emile: Yeah, she li- yeah, she paused.Jon: There was a split second of like sheer pissed-off anger on her face, it was so good!
- Jon then decides to see if that's true.
- Jon and Masae touch the flagpole at the end of stage 5-5, but Emile and Tim are automatically bubbled in midair right as they are about to jump to it. They react accordingly.
- Emile actually tries to softly push Masae off playfully from a log boat, causing Masae to actually throw him off the boat.Masae: You DICK.
- At the beginning of the video Emile is trying to get his cat Kirby to make a meow noise. Jon uses this chance to make the "Nya" sound, much to Emile's embarrassment.
- During Mystery House Throwdown, they were running out of time trying to get the 4th Green Star and in the midst of chaos, Masae unknowingly threw Jon into the pit, leaving Jon confused on how he died. The slowed down replay is something that needs to be witnessed.
- At one point, the guys are going down a warp pipe. Emile ground pounds as Masae is about to enter, which knocks Masae off the ledge. Guess how she reacts.
- The intro. Emile stretches his back, sounding like 'an anime school girl'.
- After they refight the Brolder Blockade, Emile jumps back into the stage. Jon Randomizes the characters, and the actually start fighting the miniboss again before Emile exits out of the stage.
- During Trick Trap Tower, Jon and Tim get knocked out of a lift because Emile walked into them.
- The intro, again.Masae: Right now, I feel like Emile embodies the attitude of a typical cat. He's the king of everything and we're all his puny minions.
- Masae jumping the gun during that video's Jackpot round too.
- In Castle-7, Jon accidentally enters the pipe that takes them to the next section literally seconds before the rest can grab the next green star. Tim manages to make it by crossing on top of the pipe over lava even while Masae accidentally falls in only to jump off directly in front of the pipe, which automatically sucks him in back to the next section of the level, undoing his work.
- Partway through the episode, Emile compliments Jon on using a word not heard often (opaque), and Jon asks if he's complimenting his vernacular. Emile then states this gem...Tim: Whoops.Jon: What?Emile: Yes I did.Jon: W-Wait, say that again in full, please?Tim: Uh... what?Emile: For, like, years, I thought the vernacular was, like, a sexual organ.Masae: What would it be? Wha... what would it be?Jon: Maybe he didn't know the real word for it?Jon: A cramp in your vernacular...Tim: Suck on my vernacular!
- Now animated!
- At the end of the episode, Jon states that he, Masae, and Tim were gonna punch Emile in his vernacular. Emile's response is to run away...only to slam into his bedroom door. The others' reactions are priceless.
- "It moves as soon as one person TOUCHESIT!"
- The introduction:Emile: Does that mean I punched you in your vernacular?(beat)Masae: (deadpan) Can I murder him yet?Jon: Go for it. I'm surprised it took you this long.
- Jon looks up at Bowser's tower and decides that Bowser is Donald Trump.
- At the end of the video, the gang finally encounters Rosalina and Emile immediately attempts to ground pound her, only to harmlessly bounce off.Emile: She's... using a force field to stop me from sticking my butt on her head.Jon: That's a good use of a force field.Tim: Back to Twitter!
- Jon's amazing, literal pride before a fall moment in "The Great Goal Pole".Jon: [Gets ahead of the Goal Pole] I'M WINNING THE RACE NOW, GOAL POLE! [Immidiately misses a jump and falls in a pit]
- At the end of their third attempt at the level, Masae and Emile end up tied... for last place... at zero points, resulting in Emile blurting this out:Emile: LOOK EVERYBODY, MASAE AND I ARE LOSERS!!!Masae: Why... *starts crying*
- Jon accidently throws a Bob-omb at Masae. She frantically throws it back, and it hits the platform they're on and blows it up, sending them both plummeting to their doom.
- The intro:Tim: What's the worst thing you can come across on the internet?Emile: NAKED GRANDMA!Jon: Lemonparty?Masae: Rule 34?(beat)Tim: Your keyboard.
- World Flower-5 was a trainwreck for the wrong reasons. For reference, the third star can only be gotten if Blue Toad jumps onto a switch. When they first come across it, Jon approached it, with Emile and Masae hovering over him in hopes of getting it for themselves.Jon: Back off! BACK OFF!Emile: Throw him onto it! Throw him!
Jon: FUCK ALL Y'ALL!
- Then it turned out the star was on the other end of the segment, meaning it was a mad rush to try and get it before the other. It resulted in Jon getting it at the expense of getting everyone booted out of the stage.
Masae: Yes you can! BELIEVE!!
- Take two: This time, everyone but Jon got onto the cloud where the star would spawn. Jon is not amused.
- Then after Emile and Masae started encouraging him to just guess where the button is, Jon decided to refuse to press the button until everyone went over to his 'corner', even threatening to throw Masae off a cliff when she tries to throw him onto the button. He does. However, as they were racing a second time, Jon falls off the cloud and dies, leaving Emile to take the star.
- They then proceed to debate whether or not Peach is claustrophobic.
- Masae is playing as Peach and the guys are ribbing her about how useless Peach is and how Peach gets kidnapped every week. Her thoughts?Masae: Bowser's a dick!
- The outro:Masae: (after both Tim and Jon desync) I'm still herrre. I'm still herrre.Emile: Just you and me.Masae: Please...(Jon Resyncs)Jon: Third Wheel!Emile: Noooooo!Masae: Yaaaaaaay!
- After finally getting through Champion's Road, Masae, somehow, almost runs the timer out by going through the final pipe (keyword almost).
- Then, Jon decides to demonstrate the Infinite 1-Up Trick in World 1-2Explanation only for it to get loose and kill Tim. Then he does it for real, and gets killed by the Koopa Shell midway through.
Jon: Shit. (throws his controller)Emile: Threw his controller- Hey, this is the Runaway Guys' "Thrown Controllers"!
- Then Emile decides to take a crack at it. As Jon predicted, he does it perfectly.
- On top of that, as lampshaded by the man himself, that is what made Jon throw his controller. Not "Champions Road"; failing the 1-Up trick.
Super Mario Bros. 3
- Anytime a projectile or enemy flies over Emile harmlessly, he almost always panics and leaps right into it.
- The fact that, by pure coincidence, Tim has been the one to tackle almost all of Bowser's airships at the end of each World. He's even the one to play the airship stage in World 8.
- Emile winds up dying twice. On World 1-1.
- And three times on World 1-4 (which is auto-scrolling)
- Jon and Tim have a somewhat sadistic discussion on which of That One Level from the game to subject Emile to.
- Emile's repeated loss of lives causes Jon to start Tempting Fate at one point.Jon: You did it! You found a 1-up! Now to lose it immediately!(Emile falls into water and crashes into a Cheep Cheep, reducing him to Tiny Mario)Emile: No! No! No no no noooooooooo!Jon: I was joking! I was joking! Don't actually lose it!Emile: I wasn't meaning to make your prophecy come true!
- Jon puts on a Frog Suit to look for a secret, only to realize it was in a later level then precedes to beat the level he's on which he does so flawlessly. This, in turn, passes it to Emile, who believes he'll lose it within the first enemy of the level. What actually happens is that he falls into the water, frantically swims away from the Cheep Cheeps (as he thought he was in a Boss Bass stage and freaked out), and gets to the end unharmed, only losing the Frog Suit because a Fire Flower overrode it. It then gets topped off with him getting the third mushroom card for extra lives. Jon and Tim are in utter disbelief.
- In World 6-6, Tim starts humming a Britney Spears song, leading him and Emile to make a couple bad puns regarding her song titles and Emile to mistakenly think Jon is talking about Britney Spears literally appearing in the game.Jon: Why do we all know way too much about Britney Spears songs?
- Toward the end of the episode, Emile gives us this gem:
- Emile plays the matching card game and Jon reminds him that they know where one Star is. Emile immediately flips it, mistakenly thinking that Jon was about to tell him where the other one was, and they proceed to bicker about it Like an Old Married Couple.
- They do it again later on, this time about airships being autoscrolling levels.
- Early on, Emile not only has a Fire Flower power-up but gets an Invincibility Star, only to waste both of them by almost immediately running right off a cliff.
- During one attempt at Bowser, Emile tries to hide on top of the door to Peach's cell, aiming to dash under the high arc of Bowser's jump. Bowser proceeds to perform a fast diagonal lunge that catches all three of them off guard in its abruptness.
- A few minutes later, Bowser trolls Emile again, performing that same homing lunge instead of his normal leap.
- At one point, Jon takes over and tries to beat the stage using the Frog Suit, only just missing getting to Bowser. After Emile finally beats him, Jon admits that, had he won, he would have immediately jumped to his death and handed the controller back to Emile.