Given that this series has one of the only officially-sanctioned gag dubs, it's only natural that there would be many instances of this. Hell, the entire freaking dub is the very definition of Crowning Moment Of Funny. Moments are divided by episode, but running gags are listed first.
Please note this page is a work in progress.
- The banter between the construction foreman and his hapless lackey.
- "Just [verb] the [noun], [noun]-[verb]er!" "Sure thing jackass."
- Any time the dub makes fun of Engrish.
- Any time the dub lampshades the Off-Model animation.
- A lot of things Momoko says qualify."Verizon! Like Jesus, it never stops working for you."
- This exchange
Satsuki: "Why don't you go bomb an abortion clinic or something?"
Momoko: "You just wait. When our wonderful president finishes stacking the Supreme Court, we won't have to!"
- This exchange
- Any time the characters spontaneously scream.
- Or go into Motor Mouth
- The "BAYUM" Running Gag.
- Every time someone or something dies, expect it to be compared to Christian Slater's career.
- Many of the chants for the "spells" could qualify, as they often boil down to telling the ghost to fuck off.
- Satsuki: What the fizzity-uck?
- Satsuki, Hajime, and Leo's homeroom teacher constantly trying to one-up another homeroom teacher named Hadley.
- Anytime Keiichiro's loud AHAHEUGHH shriek is heard.
- A bit meta, but the Soundtrack Dissonance of the upbeat and cheerful opening that would better fit a Slice of Life series playing after The Teaser, in which some poor schmuck inevitably gets killed/dragged to hell by the episode's ghost is morbidly funny in a "what were they thinking they couldn't have been this stupid" way. To say nothing about the utterly bone-headed move of choosing a song called "Sexy Sexy", for the ending of a series about a group of elementary school students. And neither of these are the Gag Dub's doing!
- Reiichiro: "Get back in here or you'll get your head chopped off!"
- And later: "Now remember kids, just say no to everything."
- Gramps: "Why you want to live in your dead wife's house is beyond me. It's sick! You're sick!!"
- His only other line: "When this bitch kicks, I'm movin' to Vegas."
- Satsuki: "Monsters only get evil people like Republicans and we're not old enough to vote!"
- Leo: "You're an older classman."
- Hajime: "Giggity-giggity."
- Momoko: "HaveyouacceptedJesusasyourpersonalsaviour?"
- Satsuki: "Kaya just showed up on the day of our mother's funeral... Our DEAD mother. You feel bad now?"
- Momoko: "I can only hope she knew about Jesus!"
- Satsuki: "Principals always look like lesbians... Mom?!" (one of the many early throwaway lines they turned into a Running Gag)
- Keiichiro: "What's a lesbian?"
- Satsuki lampshading an Off-Model moment: "Oh wow convulsion that was weird. Okay "
- Mr Sakata's entreaty to the students to use a cursed toilet: "Don't hold it in. All your butts'll explode."
- The principal: "Open your books and turn to page whatever!"
- That same scene: "Now, where's Sakata? Better go check the girls' locker room "
- When Hajime's getting sucked into the spirit world during the climax:Hajime: I'm too young to die! The only person I've had sex with is my babysitter.
- "I was beat up by an apparition of Gloria Steinem!"
- This exchange:Satsuki: The real problem is that demon that's pulling a Linda Blair with my cat. I don't suppose you know any exorcists, or Al Sharpton?Momoko: I don't think he's a real reverend.
- The principal catches Leo skipping class (Satsuki and Hajime have already entered the old School House), and this happens:Principal: All the bigger boys in detention are gonna love you. [creepy laugh]
- This exchange during when the kids decide to wish upon the cursed steps
Satsuki: I want a huge allowance and breasts when I get older.
Hajime: And when I get older, I want to fondle said breasts.
Satsuki: I'm still poor and flat-chested.
- And later:
- This bit of Lull Destruction just before the episode's halfway point:Keita: (after a basketball backboard falls on him) Aren't any of you bastards gonna help me?!?
Hajime (nonchalantly) Keita's dead.
- And a few scenes later (the next day in-story)
- The Take That! at the end of the episode against Chris Patton and Greg Ayres.
- This episode contains the beginning of the Running Gag that Keiichiro is mentally deficient.Satsuki: Keiichiro what are you retarded?!Keiichiro: (babbles incoherently and then laughs)
Amanojaku: I think [Satsuki]'s right. You are retarded.
- Leo acting like a diva after getting the main role of the school play, despite the fact that nobody (besides his parents) thinks he can act.
Leo: And besides, Keita got that role on the Casting Couch.
- Including one blink-and-you-miss-it line from Leo:
- This Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:Howard's Husband Aren't you glad we came, Howard? They're so cute.Howard: They're not cute, and for the last time, we're not having kids together.
- The Sealing Chant for the Ghost of the Week: "Katabe, Katabe, kick the bucket! Katabe, Katabe, you can suck it!"
- As Satsuki stands in-front of the old school house, she looks up, and sees a flock of Creepy Crows sitting on the building, watching her:
- The old school house statue giving us one hell of a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment.Statue: [In a high-pitched voice] You have any books written by black people? [suddenly deep voiced] Yeh!
- Satsuki trying to run."This is what I get for skipping PE class... and my Liquid Paper habit..."
- Satsuki trying to comfort a sobbing Keiichiro, who wears a cow-spotted pajama.Satsuki: I told you, I'm going to be fine. Why are you still crying?
Keiichiro: Because these pajamas are gay!
- As Leo tells about the piano ghost to Satsuki, out of the blue he also mentions that there's another story about a pregnant cheerleader circling the school, but nobody reacts to it. He continues with the explanation and again out of nowhere adds that the cheerleader is pregnant with twins. The next day he has an Eureka Moment when he realises that Satsuki can just use earplugs to protect herself from the piano ghost, and blames his preoccupation with the cheerleader story for not thinking of it sooner.
- The piano ghost makes a phone call to Satsuki, impersonating Leo, claiming he has some new info and asks her to:
- Piano Ghost!Leo:...meet me at the scary, isolated pay-phone, on the bad side of town.
- When Satsuki tells tells the group about the ghost impersonating Leo on the phone, we get this glorius bit of Insane Troll Logic from Leo, who still has some of his sudden egomania from last episode:Leo: Of course he impersonated me, I'm the best actor.
- This exchange, demonstrating Momoko's hypocrisy.Satsuki: (seeing the ghost runner) Nice ass.
Momoko: *gasp!* Do not lust in your heaJesus you're right.
Satsuki: (voice-in-head) Keiichiro believes in you! Nice ass. Keiichiro believes in you! NICE ass!
- Becomes something of a Brick Joke when the ghost is facing his own inner demon
- The gang is trying to find solutions to Keiichiro's bullying problem when Momoko politely gives her advice.Momoko: (offscreen) ISAIAH 63:1!!! (onscreen, calmly) Stride forward in the greatness of His strength.
- Hajime's attempts to motivate Keiichiro in track practice using a call and repeat.
- Hajime: You want to be an air force ranger/ You want to live a life of danger/ You don't want to get raped by strangers.
- and "Think of a big black man chasing you! [Keiichiro falls on his face] ...well, he's not racist."
- The principal when he tells off Satsuki and Hajime
"Do you know what these parents'd do to me if we canceled? I'd have hear about little Billy and Suzie, and there's not enough booze in my office!"
- Satsuki's lampshade hanging of a Dull Surprise moment."Hold on Give me a sec But this hurricane!?"
- After the storm suddenly clears up, some kids in the background sing an off-tempo and off-key version of "Tomorrow".
- Keiichiro's response when the ghost tells him about his friend.Leo: "It must be nice to have a friend. Everyone here hates me."
- The group keep mistakening Babasare for Barbra Streisand
- And Leo at first mistakes the Babasare for his blind date.
- How the ghost tricks Keiichiro into believing she's Satsuki...Babasare: (With Satsuki's voice) Move your ass.Keiichiro: It is you!
- Even with the recent scares, the cast can't stop being deadpan snarkers.Satsuki: So... what, the stupid ghost made it rain? That's retarded.Leo: It's Babasare, not Storm from the X-Men.
- Momoko trying to get Satsuki to sing with her:Momoko: Oh, Satsuki, let's sing! [sings] Jesus loves me- COME ON, YOU KNOW THE WORDS!
- The scene where Satsuki and Hajime try to tell an already-mirrored Sakata about the curse, and mock his monotone voice.
- When Leo gets back to his apartment and finds his mother playing a deactivated Playstation, and she responds
"Come rub my nipples."
- Later, while on the phone to Satsuki trying to explain the situation, this exchange happens
Satsuki: "Is it the Manischewitz again?"
Leo: "No, only three bottles this time. But that's not the problem. She's playing video games with the TV off!"
Satsuki: "What's her score?"
Leo: "Pretty good, actually. I'm not sure how, but she's got like a million points."
- Later, while on the phone to Satsuki trying to explain the situation, this exchange happens
- When Leo's reflection lures Hajime and Satsuki up some stairs in the school (both of whom should already know he's been assimilated by the new ghost threat taking over the town), the ghost dog with a man's face weighs in on the situation.Dog: "Oh, for God's sake, you kids are so stupid. You both deserve to die."
- When Satsuki is at a loss on how to deal with the ghosts, Hajime chimes in:"OK, I'm sorry. When are you gonna need another dramatic plot point until you decide to whip out that damn ghost book!?"
- This line from Hajime
- Satsuki's Lull Destruction in the climax, poking a little fun at the animation
"Whoa. Whoa~! Wow! This is some trippy shit, homes!"
* "Wow, was I trippin', or did that work?"
- And after that:
- Satsuki and Hajime running but they didn't animate the hallway moving, so naturally their voice actors say "We're running but I feel like we're not getting anywhere"
- Finally, Amanojaku's monlogue at the very end of the episode."But then everything was already reversed, which world would be the real world? Would it be the mirror world or this one? Maybe the reflection we see is real. Ever thought of that? Isn't that just freaking you out? I mean, seriously, isn't that just whack crap? I'm playin' with your mind, man. And you know what the weird part is? I'm not even high! Not a bit. Totally sober."
- After all the computers in the classroom shut off, two background characters exchange banter:Boy 1: Wanna go get lifted?Boy 2: [in inexplicable Jamaican accent] Sounds irie, mon.
- The entirety of this line, delivered by no one other than Momoko:Keiichirou: Startchildrenoffonthewaytheyshouldgoproverbtwentytwosix. What's a homepage?Momoko: Very good little Christian soldier, and you should never see homepages. You see... The internet was a blessing from the Lord Jesus to spread the word of God throughout the world, but pedophiles and Muslims stole it and used its holy power to seduce children like yourself into sin.Keiichirou: Get out!Momoko: Not get out, get saved!
- While waiting for Leo at the train station, Hajime was chasing Keiichirou with his not-Gundam repeatedly saying:Allyourbasearebelongtous, Allyourbasearebelongtous, Allyourbasearebelongtous, Allyourbasearebelongtous
- When Leo abruptly ends his phonecall with Hajime, Hajime assumes it's because Leo had a booty call.
- This line from Leo:They've been left behind, forgotten like a Black family in Bush America!
- This one is pretty much a Crowning EPISODE of Funny. Nearly every single line is gold.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Satsuki sees Mio for the first time:"Ohhh, her... Ohhhhhh... Ewwwwww..."
Satsuki: (smiling, but clearly terrified) Greaaaaat. Please don't hurt me.
- Hell, almost every line that Satsuki says in regards to Mio, especially her reaction when Mio gives her a rabbit key chain.
- The utterly bizarre squealing hog sound the escaping rabbit makes before Mio catches it.
- Upon seeing Mio's talisman
"It's a Nick Nolte voodoo doll!"
- Just about every single word that comes out of Mio's mouth in the second half of the episode."So I dragged my happy ass out in the pourin' rain." [mockingly] "'Come bring me back to life!' he says. 'I'll be good, I promise!' he says. 'I won't turn into a big, ugly, horrible, monster rabbit ' *inhales* HE SAYS.""Shirotabi, please forgive me for bringing you back to life. I know now that it could never work between us! As much as we wanted to it could never be! Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're Black."
- The main characters observe Mio from behind a low wall, where they're easily visible. Leo points out he doesn't think they hid very well. Sure enough, just two seconds later, Mio mentions in her speech to Shirotabi that she can see them.
- Mio lampshades the fact that she's doing every cliche thing you're not supposed to do in a horror setting."And in the movies, this would be the part where I foolishly trust you not to kill me. And stick my hand in the cage!"*Bunny starts to transform*"You son of a bitch!"
- Mio talking about Shirotabi:Mio: When he died I was so sad that I would never hear that voice again... His laugh...Shirotabi: [very low pitched & ugly laugh]Mio: His funny little requests...Shirotabi: Touch me.Mio: His reprimands...Shirotabi: Touch me harder!
- Mio's reaction upon seeing Shirotabi's offspring."YOU TWO-TIMING SON OF A BITCH! WHO'S GONNA TAKE CARE OF THESE LITTLE BASTARDS?!"
- Sakata's explanation immediately before that
"You see, the boy bunny has this thing called a penis, and he puts that in the girl bunny's vagina. The girl bunny then starts thinking she owns that penis! Isn't that just awful?"
- Sakata's explanation immediately before that
- As mentioned on the main page, they turn the Everybody Laughs Ending on its head by adding in a Space Whale Aesop about paying child support on time."Deadbeat dads are not cool!"
- This exchange:Hajime: I met BJ Bridgett in the woods for a Wednesday usual, and I found something even more interesting in the animal graveyard.
- They managed to make the trailer for this episode hilarious.
- Hajime's reaction to coming across a roadworks barricade is pretty great:"Oh perfect, it's in Japanese. Jing chong nong ning tao. Wait, that's Chinese. Luckily I can speak barricade.
- The scene where Hajime and Satsuki carry milk bottles becomes a lot funnier when Hajime's facemask makes him The Unintelligible.
- Most of the taxi driver's dialogue, but particularly his opening rant.Driver: "I know what you're all thinking Why aren't I Pakistani or some stoned, dreadlocked Jamaican? Well, you're all just being racist. Creepy Japanese men can be cab drivers too, you know."
- The exchange between the driver and his daughter
Daughter: "Daddy? Cinnamon called and said you should get tested."
Driver: "Oh that Cinnamon. Such a kidder."
Daughter: "Maybe you could cheat on your test like you taught me for math!"
Driver: [mockingly] "I'm clean, I promise!"
- Momoko's reaction to Satsuki's clothes."James 1:14 'Each one is tempted by his own evil desire.' But I think your skirt is helping them out, Slutsky - I mean Satsuki."
- Satsuki being a dick to Keiichiro and her family.(picking up plates after dinner) What kind of four-year-old eats bell peppers. Come back here! I am not doing these dishes alone again! I mean it! I'm not the damn maid! Hey, listen, dad, how about you and I discuss your non-corporal-punishment stance? Gah! Don't eat his crumbs, we're not poor!
- And then right after that, it shows them washing the dishes."Maybe we are poor. Where's the damn dishwasher?!"
- And her father says "Wow and I thought her mother's voice grated on me."
- Sakata when he informs Satsuki her father's in the hospital"Miyanoshita! I've been lookin' everywhere for you! You need to go to Central Hospital! And I've gotta take a dump! Your father's been in an accident and I'm about to have one!"
- A Brick Joke from the previous episode:Mr Sakata: "Later, kids. I'm off to hook up with this 'Cinnamon' chick."
- "I'm Merry Mary!" (Very loud coughing and hacking) "I'm at the cigarette store!"
- This line about the building used at the episode's climax.Hajime: "Just a sketchy, scary, abandoned square-dancing hall. Toby Keith played here (Nazi)."
- This line from Momoko:"Merry Mary called my house too, Satsuki (I'm unlisted so I don't know how she got my number). I tried putting my Patty Prayer doll on the phone, but those two did not get along.
- The shot of Satsuki's dad holding Merry Mary to his crotch.
- "NO! I WANT TO PLAY TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE! But not the remake!"
- "DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Oh wait wrong movie!"
- Turning what was meant to be a touching pinkie-promise moment into "pull my finger".
- Amanojaku turning an Off-Model moment into cracking jokes about Keiichiro's supposed mental deficiency right after he mentioned losing his entry form for the Special Olympics.
- Good ol' Dad bringing up molesting a doll in the last episode.
- Satsuki mentions she doesn't like hospitals because of this one time... which changed the scene of her dad comforting her as her mom died into him saying "Listen Satsuki you only get a chance like this once in your life! Alright who's first!!" as he runs in.
- Momoko is priceless in this episode.
- Her backstory from before she was born again:"Remember how I told you I met your mom at the Exodus Homosexual Conversion Camp? Well, that was only one floor of the hospital. The floor I was on was the rehab wing. Before I met Jesus, I was really f*cked up. And a slut. Anyways..."
- Her revealing the backstory of Satsuki's parents:"She starts going on and on about how there's this party, and she gets wasted, and she'd never slept with a guy, and go figure, she gets knocked up, and now she thinks she's gotta marry this dude... you know where this is going, don't you?"
- And her thoughts on Satsuki's mom:"Looking on the bright side, she must've been bi, because you've got a little brother. I mean, she slept with the guy at least twice. I mean, she didn't have to have you..."
- Her backstory from before she was born again:
- This line from Satsuki: "I come from a long line of quasi-lesbian ghost killers! I'm not afraid of your ugly draggy ass!"
- Kayako lampshading how some of the photos in her album were Off-Model."Oh, and your father always thinks it's so cute to cross his eyes in pictures—SEE? SEE? Lo-look, he did it there!"
- Most of Kayako's letter in the English dub. She wrote her kids a last letter while dying in the hospital - but was on pretty heavy drugs the entire time and was clearly tripping balls. Not to mention the total lack of a filter in a letter to her children."I hope I didn't put that pink suit picture in there... Oh, God DAMMIT!"
"But the truth is, despite all his flaws, I really did love [your father]... and the hot, sweaty, wall-slammin' sex we used to have! Wooooow!"
- This completely random Gratuitous Spanish conversation.Nurse: "¡No corran en the hospital, cabronas!" EnglishSatsuki: "Perdon, ¿has visto un niño que luce que está en el primer graro?" EnglishNurse: "¡No, estupido!" EnglishSatsuki: "Adios, ¡gracias!" EnglishNurse: "¡Dije que no corran!" English
- Amanojaku's Tastes Like Diabetes reaction to Satsuki, Keichiro and their father having a family hug, crying on eachother's shoulders after reading the letter.
- Hearing Tamaki express his love for boobs as Da Vinci is priceless.
- "Let's see Purple. For your hair. *heh* Can't tell this is a goddamn anime.
- "Motorin'~" (set up by an earlier reference to Momoko as "Sister Christian")
- Vic being credited as "Obi Frostips".
- When the kids first see Da Vinci:Satsuki: "It's Maria Shriver!"
Da Vinci: "That's Mrs. Schwarzenegger to you!"
- "But if someone were to paint the same painting I painted, Da Vinci will probably be reborn... oh, that is just bullsh*t is what that is!"
- This conversation:Amanojaku: Isn't it ironic - dontcha think? Daughter unwittingly paints the picture that brings back the ghost mommy banished. Someone call Canada! We need Alanis Morissette, STAT!Satsuki: I ought know...
- Da Vinchi's rants about painting The Last Supper are doubly hilarious when you conceder the fact that Vic is a stout christian.
- Kayako has the same deep, masculine voice as a child that she has as an adult.
- The chant used to get rid of Da Vinci:Paint, paint dry real quick, Da Vinci is a big, fat dick!
- The cast is unsure whether the episode is ripping off The Ring or The Grudge.
- Once again making fun of Pakistanis driving cabs.
- The Head Surgeon tending to Momoko becoming The Unintelligible.
- When Momoko is talking to the others in the school's infirmary...Momoko: "Hey, wait a minute...why didn't you guys bring me any candy? Or flowers? Are you even my friends?? Get out."
- "Leo! Leo! Leo! Leo! Goddammit! Goddammit! Goddammit! Goddammit!"
- The cursed chant."F[bleep] me Satan! F[bleep] me Satan! F[bleep] ME SATAN!!!"
- "Heil Hitler"
- When Satsuki calls another girl's home:Satsuki: "Moshi, moshi? I mean, hello. I'm sorry to call you at this hour, can I speak to Tomomi?"
Old Lady: "Tomomi? Ain't no Tomomi girl livin' here, sober up!"
Satsuki: (gasps and drops the phone)
Old Lady: "Get'cho crackhead ass into some rehab, I ain't got time for this bullsh-"
Satsuki: (looking horrified as the phone beeps) Motherf[bleep]er!
- Amanojaku's greatest line: "Run! She's a ghost AND a bitch!"
- The many take thats given to Vic Mignogna, including Satsuki's ending narration."Actually, I never really dated Vic. He had terrible body odor. But then one day, he was abducted by some gay Hells Angels, and was Never. Seen. Again."
- "LOOK OUT, TED!"
- The montage of poor people jokes:Hajime: So that's where the minorities live.Keiichiro: I'm gonna get bet up, aren't I?Satsuki: More like mugged and sodomized.
- And later, as they sprint up the stairs:Hajime: Now I know why poor people bitch all the time!Leo: I'd hate to be carrying all those babies!Momoko: If they have to climb stairs like this everyday, why are they all so fat?Satsuki: I saw Supersize Me. It's the french fries!
- And later, as they sprint up the stairs:
- The show finally becoming comfortable in its audacity and removing the sound effect bleeps.Satsuki: [to a doll she found on the floor] "Looks like it's just you and me, Raggedy Ann."
Doll: [obviously Satsuki voicing it] "Call me Barbie!"
Satsuki: "Fine. Looks like it's just you and me, Barbie." [looks at the camera] "I'm going fucking crazy!"
- Hajime has two extra lip-flaps where the Japanese voice actress said Baka. What does he say in English? "I'M HUNG!!"
- The pay-phone scene.Voice: "The number you have dialed is no longer in service. HEY! Maybe if they'd pay their fucking phone bill, you could call again!"
Satsuki: "Asian trash."
- Yuki's scream.
- Yuki (who is no older than eleven) openly espousing her theory about a man's race contributing to his penis size
then admitting she's "a size-queen from the word go".
- That leads to this exchange during a demon attack
Hajime: "Don't worry, Yuki! I'll stand extremely close to you!"
Yuki: "You're gonna have to stand closer. I can't even feel it!!"
- which leads to Yuki completely losing interest in Hajime, ignoring him when he offers to stand near her again.
- That leads to this exchange during a demon attack
- "I'd put that down if I were you. All our furniture and electronics have tracking devices. I've seen your kind here, before. Jew."
- Yuki and the others are discussing the blood-stained lake (*Scream!*), but Hajime tries to tell her that it's just a regular blue lake:Hajime: "No, I'm serious, bitch! *points at lake* I swear to God, blue.
- "Sure it might be blue now, but soon it will be redder than Republican Texas."
- This piece of dialogue when Miyuki's picture starts leaking blood from the picture frame:Yuki: *screams*
Hajime: "Don't do that!"
Yuki: "I can't help it! Can't you see what's happened to the picture!? The one beside the bunny, ASSHOLE!"
- About 11 minutes into the episode, when the group sees Miyuki's hat in the lake, the voice actors all start spouting off random dialogue that doesn't make sense at all to what's going on in the episode, or what they're saying to each other for a good 20 seconds.
- The episode begins with an end-of-school broadcast:Alright everybody, it's 4:30, school is finally over. *beat* Time to go home, load up that bong and watch Pokémon!
- Most of the lines from the female teacher, Bobbie Matsushima, are gold. Like this rant, given to Satsuki:"So I was busy giving you an F on that terrible term paper you did, when the girl came in complaining of cramps. Well, I tried to be consoling but I really don't like her. If her mother didn't tell her what a fucking bitch blood and pain is every month, it's not my goddamn problem."
- On the one hand, this episode has probably the most dated jokes in the series, thanks to Hilary Haag's anti-Bush rant where she makes explicit reference to the botched government response to Hurricane Katrina.note On the other hand, anyone who remembers the era will likely find humor in the somewhat-less-dated slams of NPR and Clarence Thomas."Our president is an idiot and liar! God bless America: land of free speech!"
- Amanojaku gives us this gem after explaining the Monster of the Week to the group:"God, you are four of the ugliest fucking kids I've ever had the misfortune of ever laying my eyes on, I can't wait for this bitch to kill you."
- Ms. Matsushima shows up while the kids are trying to get into the radio room, and Keiichiro tearfully admonishes her, "The least you could have done... was to invite my sister... to have sex with you and Mr. Sakata! Now she'll die a virgin!"
- Luci Christian's dead-on impersonation of Nancy Grace during the Cold Open, where she refers to Anderson Cooper as "America's favorite homosexual newscaster". Hilarious in Hindsight when you remember that this dub was recorded in 2005; Cooper didn't come out of his Transparent Closet until six years later.
- The Headless Rider's backstory in Leo's narration is so wrong on so many levels it's hilarious.Leo: Kinda like the Headless Horseman, but not. No. This guy is a member of a Gay Leahter Hell's Angels Club...or was. You see one day on their way to annual their homosexual orgy, this guy stood-up on his bike and was mooning his family in a station wagon. So he was looking at a hot teenager at the backseat -this is pre-condom 70ies- and didn't see the low-hanging overpass. Well, needless to say when this guy went looking for a head the next time, it took on a whole different meaning.
- Momoko tells Satsuki that her cousin won't like her.Satsuki: Yes he will! I have a great rack, awesome legs and a cute butt.Momoko: Do you have a penis?Satsuki: And a big... what?Momoko: A penis. I know you're kind of manly, but I doupt you have what Maki's looking for. You see Maki is a filthy anal pirate and gives oral pleasure to men.Satsuki: So he's gay.
- Replacing Momoko's female stylist cousin from the original Japanese with a Camp Gay man. Then this
Stylist: [to Satsuki] "*scream!* My product! *scream!* My face! *scream!* Your face! *scream!* GET OUT!"
- Then there's the way the dub handles Satsuki putting the ghost to sleep by giving him a head, and Hajime tackling her to save her from decapitation. Does This Remind You of Anything?
- The kids' reaction to the motorcycle ghost getting trapped in the clown doll's head. As the head rolls towards them and the ghost starts trying to break out, they all stare at it in utter confusion, asking "Huh?". Then when the ghost manages to free his front wheel (but nothing else), they start laughing. Then the head rolls into the water, and they all ask, "What?"
- The ghost is still trying to cut off their heads though, so Keiichiro reads from the diary: "'Ghosts extremely are headless spirits strong cautious must so be you after put even sleep. It lock capture little power trying itself while resurrect crawl and make'... no no no, wait, 'try and crawl'... that's yeah it, 'sleep while emitting resurrect capture.' Well of course!"Momoko: Wait, wait... say what?
- In yet another Off-Model moment for Amanojaku, he's shown with his mouth hanging open and his right eye almost closed as Keiichiro reads so the dub has him going "duhhh".
- Adding in new sound effects for Rule of Funny
- Turning the crank to close the fire door in the old schoolhouse plays "Pop Goes the Weasel".
- The procession of ghosts past a window is overlaid with barnyard noises.
- Amanojaku's Pre-Mortem One-Liner upon making his Heroic Sacrifice..."Think Brokeback Mountain."
- Nearly everyone in this episode has End-of-Series Awareness, and mentions it constantly.
- Satsuki's final line: "Show's over."
- Amanojaku engages in one final bit of Lull Destruction: "I'd like to thank my agent, my manager, Steven Foster for writing such a gay-friendly but still mainstream script that spoke to the universe..."