The cast of Coμ - Black Dragon in a Gentle Kingdom.
Akihito Mizuwa (dm)
The protagonist of the story. Akihito is rather distant with people, but he has a weakness for women and will always go out of his way to help them as a self proclaimed feminist. However, he avoids getting too involved with their business as well. His distance from other people is related to the murder of his mother, which apart from distancing him from others has made him rather accepting of revenge.
- Accidental Pervert: Akihito accidentally walks in on Benio in the shower during the common route when she has to hide in his apartment.
- Bad Dreams: Akihito sometimes dreams of his mothers murder. The event always makes him want to either help girls in trouble or hunt down those with no respect for life.
- The Beard
- Mayuki tells a couple obsessive fans that want to move in with her that shes living with Akihito to make them go away.
- Mayuki and Ayaya both make him fake being Ayayas boyfriend to drive away a stalker but the stalkers arent interested in Ayaya that way. They just want revenge for the drug dealers killer by Izawa.
- Chick Magnet: Akihito is popular with girls and considers himself a feminist. For the most part though hes uninterested in relationships and tends to ignore Benio and Ayaya.
- Cruel Mercy: In Kagomes route Akihito resolves to save Rondo Rondo without letting her get her revenge even though shes been killing coμs as often as she can. Her coμ is destroyed, but she makes it out alive. After that, she has nothing to live for but cant simply die because Iroha died to save her.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: Akihito slashes his hand and leg to break out of an illusion during Hisokas route.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Akihito has a compulsion to come to the aid of women in trouble. Unusually, he really doesnt want to get involved with them, so he tried to avoid finding out why they need help in the first place.
- The Gadfly: Akihito rather enjoys being obnoxious sometimes, which amuses Gasai.
- Guile Hero: As the Mayuki Sensei Corner points out, Akihito isnt the type who should rely on guts and a forward assault but rather use special tricks.
- Harmful to Minors: Akihitos mother had her throat cut right in front of him.
- Hidden Depths: Akihito likes him some murder if he thinks the target deserved it. Drug dealers, other killers, whatever. Hes not too proud of that part of himself, though.
- Honor Before Reason: Akihito may want to Pay Evil unto Evil, but he refuses to simply assassinate Jack the Rippers contractors rather than challenge them to a duel. He consistently takes actions like this, which often causes significantly more damage if he just had some pragmatism in him.
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: In Kagomes route, Akihito tries to keep Mayuki safe after the coμ breaks up by having her go out of town, claiming he doesnt need her help. This is absurd in multiple ways, so she kicks him and demands that he accept her help.
- I Will Wait for You: Akihito confesses that he loves Mayuki and says hell wait for her, be it three years or ten but of course she was lying, like always. She's not going anywhere.
- Knight In Sour Armor: After saying that happy endings are bullshit, Akihito goes on to say that theres still things you have to do.
- Love Makes You Evil: Hisoka route turns Akihito into a vengeful killer to help her out.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Benios friends tell her that any man would probably accept casual sex if offered. Akihitos general attitude pretty much lines up with that.
- Master of None: Akihito's rare Bishop class has 7/10 in all four stats, though it also has the ability to increase the stats of all other members. This is less useful than it sounds: Ideally, Izawa is controlling the direct combat at all times, Haru the movement, Mayuki the defenses and Benio the sensory input. Akihito has nothing to do if everyone else is there except focus on controlling the black fire.
- Morality Chain: Without Akihito to tell her not to, Kagome would simply murder anyone that causes her problems.
- Nice Guy: Akhito at first glance seems like a really nice guy, but it only kicks in for girls. It also turns out that hes pretty vengeful and has no real problems with killing bad people.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Akihito in Kagomes route beats El-Ahrairah with Kagomes help, leaving Gasai unable to defend himself and setting off a civil war among the coμs. Massive casualties occur as a result.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: In Ayayas route, she and Mayuki decide that Ayaya playing the Dogged Nice Girl is a bad plan even if Akihito were to accept a direct confession. Hed be bored and resistant. In truth, its the exact opposite, as he tells her himself. Hes not interested in girls who wont make their own approach.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Akihito doesnt see any problem with killing people who attack him with lethal force. Drug dealers are also fair game. Izawa is similar, though he has less morals to offend than Akihito.
- Revenge: Akihito secretly loves the idea of destroying avatars of people who attack them. If they win, all the people connected to the other avatar will die. Since theyre murderers, he feels they deserve it. He also killed his mothers murderer.
- Second Year Protagonist: Akihito is a second year student, but his school life in general seems largely trivial. The only important people at the school are him, Kagome and Kururi, though theres also a nurse, an otaku friend that doesnt matter and Ayaya.
- Selective Obliviousness: Akihito does his best not to think about Sting in Kagomes route since its pretty clear that Sting is guarding him whenever Kagome is around.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: That is not Akihitos girlfriend. It is a witch and it inspires terror.
- Shoot the Dog: During the beginning of Kagomes route Nomad goes on a pseudo stampede, prompting Akihito to declare hell perform a mercy kill. He cant do it, so Kagome has to instead.
- Spanner in the Works: Akihito accidentally discredits the Round Table. His group beats Nanases Fuchur and later he prevents Kugura from making the group more militant by allowing it to address its problems with force. Unfortunately, this only speeds the rise of Caesar.
- Staking the Loved One
- After Nomad stampedes theres nothing that can be done anymore to save its last connector, Hisoka so Akihito decides that rather than let anyone else kill her, hell do it himself.
- At the beginning of Kagomes route Nomad is made to go on a pseudo stampede and Akihito declares hell take care of it himself. He cant do it, though, and his hesitation almost gets everyone killed, which pisses everyone off and risks Sting going on a stampede when Kagome is forced to save him.
- Stepford Smiler: Akihito is nice to women, but he actually finds them kind of annoying and doesnt like them a lot of the time. He simply cant help that he also wants to help.
A girl in the same year as Akihito who attends a different school. She meets Akihito when the coμ forms and quickly develops a crush on him and quickly begins to lament her small cup size, which leaves her feeling inferior to Kagome and Haru. She's the most moral member of the group and wants to actively use Babylon to pursue justice and fight evil.
- A-Cup Angst: Benio is really sensitive over her flat chest. She tries to retort that Mayuki is even flatter, but Mayuki doesnt care since shes younger and therefore has high potential.
- Be a Whore to Get Your Man: Benio decides that while she wants a pure love relationship, guys like Akihito will pay more attention to her if she sleeps with them first. She doesnt turn into a "bad girl" or anything, but she does go through with it and ends up his more or less girlfriend.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Benio decides to do everything she can to win Akihitos love and keep loving him until he feels the same way.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Benio is a little moody about how popular she is with other girls. Shes been forcibly kissed by other girls more than once in the past and her two best friends suspected she was a lesbian before they saw her obviously crushing on Akihito.
- For Great Justice: Benio wants to serve justice with all her heart, acting as the moral core for the group.
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: Before he can launch a double kill attack at El-Ahrairah from point blank range, Benio slaps Akihito. If he wants to get revenge, fine, but if hes motivated by fear enough to try to kill someone when he was trying to win without lethal damage then she wont accept that.
- It Gets Easier: After the group learns that they killed five people when they destroyed their first avatar, Benio goes without sleeping or eating for a few days and eventually gets sick as a result. They were attacked first, but shes a rich sheltered girl who loves justice. For the second incident with Jack the Ripper, she fully supports going after him after all the damage he caused.
- Love Confession: Benios feelings are pretty obvious, so when she brings it up shes pretty conversational about it.
- Mission Control: Benio never directly controls Babylon. Rather, she interprets the sensory input Babylon receives and tells the rest whats going on.
- Morality Chain: Benio is the most moral member of the group by far. The only other one who really cares is Akihito, who thinks its fine to Pay Evil unto Evil.
- Nice Girl: Benio is probably the most normal person in the cast. Shes friendly and popular and has a strong moral compass.
- Parental Abandonment: Benios parents are divorced and only her father ever shows up. Izawa hates his mother and probably doesnt know his father. Akihitos mother was murdered and his father is rarely even mentioned. Mayukis parents are divorced and her father is always traveling. Her mother spends a lot of time in Tokyo trying to market Yuuna. Kagomes parents died in the terrorist attacks.
A young otaku girl. She always wears a large frog hat and thick glasses that hide her features, but she actually has good enough looks to work as an Idol Singer, though she doesn't like standing out. She's a habitual liar and is rather distant from most concerns of the real world.
- Animal Motifs: Mayuki is a frog, which puts her at a disadvantage when trying to go up against Kagome. When Kagome comes to like Mayuki a little more and figures out she's an idol, she gets to be an ugly duckling instead.
- Beautiful All Along: Mayuki wears an ugly frog hat and coke bottle glasses to hide her good looks. Even without the hat her hair is tied up. Allowed to flow freely and without her glasses, the normally breast oriented Akihito begins thinking of Hikaru Genji plans.
- Captain Oblivious: Ayaya and Mayuki are completely convinced that bad manga and eroge are great guides for romance.
- Consummate Liar: Mayuki is rather good at lying even when her lies are ridiculous. She actually has more trouble being honest.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Mayuki hates being called Mayu-Mayu, but occasionally uses it herself.
- The Fake Cutie: As Yuuna, she maintains a fake cutesy attitude not just in front of fans, but also in front of her manager and staff.
- The Gadfly: Mayuki likes making things up and then gloatingly admitting it was a complete lie. When he stops to think about it, Akihito realizes that telling lies and getting deeply involved with fantasy are some classic signs of a lonely childhood.
- Geek Physique: Even accounting for being a short young girl, Mayuki is very out of shape. She says she's the indoor type and having to run is an insult.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Mayuki wears coke bottle glasses and a silly hat. Without the glasses to cover about half of her face, everyone agrees that shes really cute.
- Idol Singer: Yuuna, whos actually Mayuki, is an up and coming local idol. Kagome figures it out instantly when she sees Mayukis face uncovered, as does Izawa. The rest arent familiar enough with Yuuna.
- In-Series Nickname: Much of the cast ends up calling her Mayu-Mayu at some point.
- Just a Kid: In Kagomes route both Akihito and Benio try to keep Mayuki out of the final battle, but she comes to see Akihito on her own. When he tries brushing her off and saying he doesnt need her, she starts kicking him until he agrees to stop being dumb.
- Love Confession: Mayukis comes in the form of Come on, stop saying you arent a lolicon. I only say that in the hopes that you wont deny it and deny me.
- The Matchmaker: Mayuki tries to help Ayaya win over Akihito in the latters route. Theyre both otaku dorks though and try to treat it like an eroge.
- Otaku: Mayuki is a big otaku and is one of three people running a big doujin project online. She also talks a lot in terms of eroge and manga. Once Akihito knows Mayuki a little better he realizes she fled from her distant parents into fantasy land. Ayaya is also a fairly high level otaku and Benio has begun upon the path.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Mayuki wears old man glasses she doesnt need and a silly frog hat to hide that shes obviously Yuuna.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Mayukis glasses arent really necessary. Theyre probably just the biggest and dorkiest she could find so to keep the chances of her day job as an idol from being found out.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Mayuki wears a big frog hat, old man glasses and a leather coat too large for her.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Without her hair tied up and wearing ridiculous clothing, Mayuki is pretty cute. Akihito thinks shes gorgeous.
- Smug Smiler: Mayukis smiles are always arrogant little smirks.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: Subverted. Mayuki is living alone and her parents arent even in the city, but this just means that she actually hides from police and whatnot so they dont figure out a twelve~ year old girl is living by herself.
- Stone Wall: The only thing she's good at is controlling Babylon's shield.
The most mysterious member of the coμ. She works at a maid cafe somewhere and is an open hedonist with almost no concern for what the group does, preferring simply to follow the majority so as to maximize her changes of survival. Her personality is hard to read.
- Bi the Way: Girls are no safer around Haru than unsuspecting males.
- Double Entendre: Everything Haru says sounds obscene, no matter how innocent the words are.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Female: Haru gets Benio drunk and takes her to a love hotel when shes unconscious. When she wakes up, Haru decides to have fun with her. Apparently, this was a good thing for Benio.
- Forceful Kiss: Haru runs into Yoruko and Akihito talking, deduces she must be a connector and then kisses her. Hard. She does the same to Mayuki before much longer. When she gets to Benio, at least it wasnt her first kiss. Or her first time having a girl force a kiss on her for that matter. In Kagomes route, its finally Izawas turn. He doesnt react much better.
- Fragile Speedster: She has amazing mobility as a Mage, but only mediocre defense.
- Friends with Benefits: Haru has three "boyfriends." Akihito later becomes a fourth. The start of his relationship with Benio begins similarly because shes decided she needs to appeal to him in a way he can reciprocate.
- The Hedonist: Haru doesnt really care about much apart from what feels good and surviving until tomorrow. Its implied that shes passed some point of despair in her life, but since shes very evasive its never dwelt upon.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Harus of the opinion that a relationship lasts no more than five years, then you move on for someone else to have sex with. Thats mostly for when youre young though so you go five rounds in one night.
- Nerves of Steel: Haru is never phased by anything.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Haru is a lot smarter than she normally acts.
- Really Gets Around: Haru has quite a few Friends with Benefits, including Tianwen in the past. So long as it feels good, shes fine with anything.
- Smarter Than You Look: Haru is also pretty intelligent even if she doesnt act it. She also hides a lot of things about herself, which leaves her very mysterious.
An up and coming thug in the New Heart area of town. He's violent and no stranger to murder, but actually does have his own set of morals and does his best to support his little sister and their brothers.
- Always Someone Better: Izawa is pissed that Kagome is way better than he is. Even more annoying is that shes isolated from the world in a way that he only wishes he could be.
- Ax-Crazy: Izawa uses Babylon to kill off his underworld rivals and is rather bloodthirsty.
- Bishōnen: Contrasting the rather average looking Akihito, Izawa has feminine good looks.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Akihito assumes Izawa is a girl at first. He figures it out on his own before saying anything, but Benio doesnt. Some guys also hit on him later, which he tries to threaten Mayuki into not revealing.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Izawa is extremely aggressive and tries picking fights constantly. If he tries it with Kagome she just oneshots him and everyone continues what they were doing.
- Hey, You!: The only people he seems to call by name are his sister Keiko and Akihito. Everyone else gets an insulting nickname.
- Ignored Enemy: No matter how much Izawa tries to pay Kagome back for easily beating him on the hill, she just treats him like a joke.
- Ineffectual Death Threat: Izawas death threats stop scaring anyone when they figure out hed just be risking death for himself. Plus, hes not as mean as he acts anyway. During Hisokas route he absolutely means it, though, and is only barely talked down.
- Ineffectual Loner: Izawa picks fights with gangs. Hes tougher than just about anyone, but if he hadnt gotten Babylon he probably would have been killed by the Russians only a few days after the story starts. Hes prevented from being too much of a loner when it comes to coμ activities since if he doesnt help, the rest of the group are more likely to lose and then hell die with them, no matter where he was at the time.
- It's Personal: Izawa has a particular hatred for drug dealers since he lost a friend that way several years ago. Izawa isnt one to make friends in the first place.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Upon seeing Yoshimori thrown out of a car in the middle of a forced drug overdose, Izawa takes her to the hospital and contacts Benio after seeing her name in Yoshimoris contacts. He also gets some tsundere reactions when hes not able to deny thinking the other coμ members are friends.
- Little Big Brother: Izawa is only about an inch taller than Mayuki while his little sister Keiko towers over him.
- Mighty Glacier: He's a Fighter type, which has high attack and poor speed.
- The Nicknamer: Izawa calls the other members of the group snake, maid, chibi and ironing board. Akihito does get called by last name at least.
- Noble Demon: Izawa is a small up and coming thug who frequently threatens others with death, but hes more moral than he looks and hates the drug trade.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Izawa is thin, short and has features that are girly at best. Hes also unmatched in physical combat by anyone apart from Kagome, who is more or less invincible. In terms of actual physical strength, though, hes surprisingly weak; much to his embarrassment, he cant actually lift Akihito.
- Smarter Than You Look: Just because Izawa is violent doesnt mean hes stupid. The moment Nanase appears before him he knows exactly what her job is: hiding the disturbances in town. Thats why hes been using Babylon so openly.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Izawa feels that hes surrounded by morons, and hes right in a way. Hes just not much better himself and in some ways even worse.
The black dragon itself. It has fourteen glowing red eyes, ten points and mastery over gravity.
- Bully Hunter: Babylons coμ eventually grows famous as a group that hunts down those who use their avatars for murder. Theyre not part of the Round Table, but they do their dirty work.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Babylon is a massive black and red dragon that looks like a final boss from a video game. Its also powered somewhat by Izawas bloodlust and Akihitos rage and desire for revenge. Revenge and bloodlust in themselves arent that big of a deal, but its also possible for Akihito or Izawa to go out of control with them.
- Extra Eyes: Babylon has fourteen eyes. Two are where youd expect them to be, ten go up and down its neck and two are on its chest.
- Gravity Master: Babylon has gravity based powers. Since Akihito is in control of the special abilities of Babylon, hes the only one that can easily tell what its doing at first. Its special defensive armor can repel almost any kind of attack though Miss JH ignores defenses and Sting can neutralize them with its own gravity powers. Its special attack is a black fireball that destroys anything in its path and is often said to be unstoppable though Frith does overpower it and Sting's defensive shield is only momentarily canceled if struck.
- Lightning Bruiser: Though a Georgios is normally slow, with a burst of energy and Haru in control of Babylon, the dragon can rush fast enough to intercept even a powered up Gevaudan.
- Mundane Utility: Babylon isnt always put to the most appropriate uses.The power to fight for justice is being turned into a household appliance.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Babylon has fourteen glowing red eyes and everyone agrees it looks like a final boss character, though it doesnt move by its own will.
- Worf Had the Flu: Beaten up by Touri during her introduction, but Akihito was completely alone at the time. That said, he doesn't think it would matter if the rest of the group was there.
An unofficial bonus member to the coμ. She is not linked to Babylon, but she followed Akihito when he was called by Girl A and was there when it was summoned. Though not a member of the group, she often pretends that she is so as to mislead potential enemies. She has almost superhuman abilities and is referred to as a black witch by most both because of her nonsensical physical and mental abilities and because she's even crazier than Izawa.
- The Ace: Kagome is good at everything, a superhuman freak called a black witch by most.
- Animal Motifs: Kagome is a snake, giving her a predatory advantage over Ayaya the mouse and Mayuki the frog, though the latter is eventually prompted to ugly duckling.
- Ax-Crazy: Izawa talks a lot about the violence he'll do and kills people offscreen. Kagome doesn't bother talking. She'll just cut you up with her knives.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: To end her stampede, Kagome destroys all the action points she gained from being the sole survivor of the coμ war five years ago. She has to defeat every coμ she beat back then. She couldnt do it alone, though, so the fragment of Hisoka used Nomad to help her.
- Big Eater: Akihito is baffled by how much Kagome eats. She constantly eats huge meals, leaving him to say its more mystical than the dragon that she eats that much without gaining weight. She says its because of the diet pills she takes.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Kagome gets pretty pissed every time Akihito goes for someone that isnt her. When he calls her out on it once in Mayukis route, he feels like shes about to kill him. Still, this is the same route where after they announce their relationship shes the one who interferes least.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Kagome likes cooking weird things to screw with people. Shes actually a good enough cook to prepare food in a five star restaurant, though.
- Dark Is Evil: Kagome is black in attitude, appearance and speech. Shes also amoral and frighteningly direct.
- Definitely Just a Cold: Theyre diet pills. Honest.
- Dude Magnet: Kagome is an ex-dude magnet. Everyone knows how crazy she is now, so she rarely gets love letters anymore.
- Expy: She bares a truly uncanny resemblance to Momoyo Kawakami. They both love teasing the main protagonist of their respective games, both love reminding people of how beautiful they are, are both busty (though Kagome's bust is far less ridiculously huge than Momoyo's).
- Giftedly Bad: Kagome gets sulky when Mayuki points out shes an awful actor. Mayuki just cant see her true skill!
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: In Kagomes route her eyes begin glowing when Sting finally stampedes.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Kagome tends to suggest things like death and murder for every problem. Eventually it becomes clear that she absolutely means it and will butcher people with those knives she carries around without a second thought.
- Hey, You!: If youre lucky, Kagome will call you You. Otherwise, youre some nickname like titmouse or chibi frog. In her route, she finally starts using peoples names starting with Mayuki and then Benio. Izawa is the same, though he does call Akihito by his last name.
- Informed Attractiveness: Kagome is the most beautiful girl and physically perfect. If you have problems with that, take it up with the writers.
- In-Series Nickname: She's generally called the black witch, snake woman, tsundere-sama or That by quite a few people.
- Jerkass: Kagome is incredibly isolated and unsocial, though oddly she genuinely considers herself to be deredere around Akihito.
- Knife Nut: Kagome carries around three kukri knives. Shes named them all, too, and they arent just for show. In Hisokas route, she butchers three assassins without pause. She gets her own blood splattered sprite.
- Love at First Sight: Kagome fell for Akihito the moment she first saw him, though she also punched him when he asked to marry her. Seven years later, she saw him again and fell in love again.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Kagome frequently suggestions assassination and murder as the best ways of getting through a problem. From a purely pragmatic standpoint, shes actually right troublingly often, though Akihito holds her back.Kagomes ideas are always technically correct, but a lot of them are unfortunately very serious crimes in modern Japan.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Kagomes color is black, so she wears a black uniform to school. Theyve given up lecturing her because shes both terrifying and gets very high grades.
- Purple Is the New Black: Kagome is black black black, but her hair and eyes are purple no matter what the narration says.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Kagome walks around Akihitos apartment wearing nothing but one of his shirts.
- Sixth Ranger: Kagome is a halfway member of the coμ. She cant affect Babylon, but shes free to move around as she pleases and is far more than any human can handle alone, even if shes no match for an avatar. She comes close to Sixth Ranger Traitor, though, since shes working with The System, who is experimenting on the city. She needs their help to keep her avatar Sting from going on a stampede.
- Slasher Smile: Kagomes normal smile is a terrifying, twisted sneer.
- Supreme Chef: Kagome is said to be on par with world class chefs, but she also likes to screw with Akihito and cook bizarre things like grilled frogs.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves cheesecake.
A mysterious transfer student who only appears after clearing the Benio route. She's almost emotionless and looks fairly plain, but Akihito feels an odd connection with her. She has scars from attempted suicide on her wrists.
- Bungled Suicide: Hisoka has scars on her wrists that Akihito decides not to ask her about. She says shes stopped trying that now.
- Cute and Psycho: Hisoka is one of the connectors for Nomad, making her a serial killer.
- Emotionless Girl: Hisoka never displays much in the way of emotion. Shes a little too psychologically damaged for that.
- Generic Cuteness: Akihito takes one look at Hisoka and says girls would like her: Shes no competition. When his own opinion of her rises, though, suddenly she becomes more popular.
- Ill Girl: Hisoka says shes sick a lot and tends to miss school on Mondays. Shes most likely recovering from the gig matches the night before, which put a heavy strain on her since Nomad is nearing a stampede yet is only controlled by two people.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Hisoka doesnt really care whether people live or die, so shell keep supporting Noiz since hes all she has.
- New Transfer Student: After clearing Benio, Hisoka appears and transfers into Akihitos class. She has an instant connection with him because they are fundamentally similar.
- Sacrificial Lion: Hisoka goes on a stampede at the beginning of Kagomes route after shes drugged by some traitors. Touri, Babylon and El-Ahrairah team up to take her out. Sting delivers the killing blow after Akihito stupidly shields Hisoka and gives Nomad the chance to recover and almost kill everyone.
- Shadow Archetype: She's what Akihito could have become if he had been all alone.
Akihito's underclassman. She likes to run around him flirting and jumping wildly to conclusions. She's unconnected to all the issues with connectors.
- Animal Motifs: She's a small, excitable little mouse.
- Be Yourself: When Akihito finally figures out that Mayuki and Kururi have been giving Ayaya awful relationship advice, he tells her she should have simply confessed and acted more naturally.
- Captain Oblivious: Ayaya and Mayuki are completely convinced that bad manga and eroge are great guides for romance.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Ayaya constantly follows Akihito around flirting with him, though she doesnt take any risks since she doesnt know if she can make him feel the same way.
- Generic Cuteness: Apparently, Ayaya is plain. When his own opinion of her rises, though, suddenly she becomes more popular.
- Genki Girl: Ayaya is energetic and helpful, always buzzing around Akihito and trying to flirt.
- Sprouting Ears: Which is often. Ayaya grows little mouse ears and black button eyes.
The school nurse and an unregisted back alley doctor, sort of. Her name sounds very fake, for which she curses her parents. Whenever Akihito needs help but can't go to a hospital for whatever reason he tends to ask for her assistance. She also provides Kagome with her special diet pills.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Hanako Yamada has long hair that completely covers her eyes, giving her a gloomy appearance.
Akihito's bizarre upperclassmen. She has good looks, but thanks to her bizarre personality she has few admirers. She fancies herself a super detective, but surprisingly enough she lives up to that claim. She's something of a wild card given that while she doesn't know about connectors and avatars she knows just about everything else that's going on.
- Animal Motifs: Known as the werecat by most. When she's lounging, she gains a cat smile, cat ears and whiskers.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Kururi is a genuinely amazing detective, but shes also called a werecat for a reason.Kurumi: Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent cat.
- Insistent Terminology: Kururi isnt a detective. Shes a super detective.
- Sprouting Ears: Kururi grows whiskers and cat ears whenever shes lounging around. Which is often.
Akihito's loser otaku friend. Also a lolicon.
The self proclaimed king-to-be of the coμnet. He controls the invincible El-Ahrairah, a massive white knight with nine blades. He is the only one with the will and power to hold the coμnet together, but his occasionally shady actions put him slightly at odds with Akihito, though the two otherwise consider each other Worthy Opponents. He is also the guardian of Yoruko.
- Anti-Villain: Gasai is determined to have his kingdom, but hes actually the best hope the coμnet has of not completely self destructing.
- Big Bad: In Benios route, the position is taken up by Gasai, the only man in town who can hold the coμnet together. Akihito agrees with what hes doing and even the basic logic behind his morally ambiguous actions, but decides he needs to confront Gasai anyway. He loses, but Gasai eases back a little.
- Friendly Enemy: Gasai is only close to two people, Yoruko and his sometimes enemy sometimes friend Akihito. They trade favors and debts as necessary.
- In-Series Nickname: Akihito calls him King. Everyone else apart from Yoruko calls him Caesar.
- Leitmotif: Our Round Table.
- Light Is Not Good: El-Ahrairah is a giant white knight, but its master is a morally ambiguous king. Hes the only one strong enough to hold the coμnet together.
- Master of All: As a Lord, he's perfectly capable of handling El-Ahrairah all by himself. Or at least, the main functions: He leaves the 9R to Yoruko.
- Moment Killer: Right when Akihito and Kagome finally start getting somewhere, Gasai calls to tell him to check out the news. Both Kagome and Akihito instantly wish death upon him.
- Obfuscating Disability: When Caesar is rumored to have been hospitalized in an attack, Akihito doesnt buy it. Eventually, he calls Gasai and refuses to hang up until he gets through.
- Revenge: Gasai wants to avenge his father, who he suspects was murdered. Not much comes of this, possibly because Gasai doesnt know for sure and possibly just because hes patient and very well controlled.
A young but overly serious little girl who uses the 9R, the nine blades that float around El-Ahrairah. She considers herself Gasai's knight because she wants to be of use to him. She's otherwise prickly and unsociable.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Possibly because shes so small, Yoruko gets completely plastered after just drinking some chuuhai, which is at most 18 proof. Benio seems the same at first, but shes actually drinking a lot of pretty hard liquor.
- Catchphrase: Go away!
- Cute and Psycho: Yoruko organized Wolf Packs attack on the gig spectators.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After Haru steals Yorukos first kiss, she brings out her avatar.
- No Accounting for Taste: Akihito has no idea what Yoruko sees in Gasai, who treats her like a tool. Truth is, she took that role herself and Gasai lets her because she needs something like that to give her purpose.
- Now, That's Using Your Teeth!: Yoruko bites Akihito to get her phone back.
- Psycho Supporter: Gasai considers himself a utilitarian, so hes not exactly thrilled when Yoruko manipulates Wolf Pack into attacking the gigs. It may have helped him, but he wasnt happy with the unnecessary carnage even if he took advantage of it. This side of Yoruko isn't dwelt on much.
- Revenge: Gasai encouraged Yoruko to avenge her dead family. They were killed when the nephew of a politician got into an accident while drunk. He wasnt really punished, so she couldn't move on until he had paid for his crimes.
- Sacred First Kiss: Out of nowhere, Haru bends down and kisses the sullen Yoruko quite hard, who uncharacteristically breaks out blushing and almost crying since she wanted to save her first kiss for Gasai.
- Sex for Solace: In Kagomes route Yoruko almost has a breakdown when Gasai dies and as some sort of self-flagellation demands that Akihito have sex with her. She wants it to be painful and terrible, but he refuses that much at least.
- Subordinate Excuse: Yoruko follows Gasai because she nearly worships him. She doesnt care about Caesars Legion, she just wants to support her king.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Yoruko acts all tough and stoic, but shes actually pretty dorky and somewhat shy.
Nanase Takatou (777)
The pacifist leader of the Round Table. While she has been able to hold the coμnet for the past two years, her methods are no longer able to keep things under control and her power base is slowly dissolving as her ineffective leadership becomes more obvious. She often asks Akihito for assistance. Her title in the Round Table is Sir Percival, which she finds extremely embarrassing.
- Dude Magnet: Nanase apparently keeps some form of control over the Round Table not because shes competent, but because shes cute and has a lot of fans.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Akihito thinks hed die of shame if he had a nickname like Nanase: Sir Percival. Perhaps thats what you get when you name your group the Round Table.
- Suicidal Pacifist: Nanase hates fighting and conflict and opposes Kuguras attempts to militarize the Round Table. Akihito steps in to handle their dirty work, but in the end this just discredits the Round Table since an outside party had to clean up their mess.
An ally of Nanase and a member of her coμ. He's much less moral than she is, but also loves her greatly and wants to support her.
- Poisonous Friend: To support Nanase and the Round Table, David entered the drug trade. He even tried to kill Kururi to cover up his deals.
- Smug Snake
Sir Lancelot of the Round Table. After Nanase, he's the most important member of the Round Table's executives, but is far more militant and power hungry. He initially hoped to use Babylon as a tool to increase his prestige and the influence of the Round Table, but after the defeat of Jack the Ripper the exact opposite occurred.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He's trying to take over the Round Table and turn it into a militant organization, but he makes poor use of his allies, lacks charisma and is never really much of a threat to anyone in the end.
A darkish skinned girl with blond hair and green eyes. She has a proud attitude and a powerful Burroughs type avatar named Miss JH. She's seeking revenge against Caesar, but doesn't know his true identity.
- Bully Hunter: Rondo Rondo likes tracking down and punishing Beginner Killers. It eases her conscience. The first few coμs she killed were innocent, but Beginner Killers are murderers in their own right.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Rondo Rondo is a tanned blond girl with family apparently originating from Massachusetts. Shes not very smart, but makes up for it with effort and a veneer of pride.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Rondo Rondo has no talent for anything, so she works three times harder than anyone else in an attempt to succeed or even excel. It still doesnt work.
- Leitmotif: I Am Rondo Rondo.
- Revenge: Rondo Rondo wants to kill Caesar for getting her brother killed and to that end shes been hunting Beginner Killers to level up Miss JH.
Rondo's best friend and a fellow connector for Miss JH. She's energetic and cheery, but also possessive.
- Cute and Psycho: After the match with Rondo Rondo in Hisoka's route, Iroha stabs Benio in the back for ruining "her" Rondo Rondo.
- Poisonous Friend: She bribed the other two members of the coμ with sex to get their allegiance and murdered the fifth member, a girl whose morals were too strong to work with Rondo. In Hisokas route, she stabs Benio.
- Psycho Lesbian: Iroha stabs Benio for ruining her Rondo Rondo. She also murdered one member of the coμ because she didnt want to go along with Rondo and sells her body to get the allegiance of the other two coμ members.
- Psycho Supporter: Iroha is completely nuts and will murder anyone that gets in the way of her Rondo Rondo.
The leader of Jack the Ripper's coμ. He seized power by openly murdering the first leader with a knife and then killed a second member when he objected. He has gone completely crazy and after seeing Sting tries to bait it into the open again by picking fights with Babylon's coμ and attacking civilians. In the past, he was the big sister figure for the girlfriend of one of Akihito's classmates.
- Ax-Crazy: He starts the story as a Beginner Killer, meaning he murders people who have just gotten their avatar, treating it like it's a game. After coming across Sting, he snaps even further and begins killing everyone. The rest of his group is too scared to oppose him after he knifed two of them to death.
- Power Incontinence: He can no longer control Jack the Ripper properly by the time of his final fight. It's a Gevaudan, meaning it relies heavily on agility, but it has become so fast that it can't rely on precise movement anymore.
- Sarcastic Confession: Karasuma cant lie, so he always tells the truth. His true thoughts are often taken as jokes instead.
The man running the battle gigs and the leader of the Nomad coμ. Every time he fights, he destroys the enemy avatar and kills all five connectors.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Noiz is killed offscreen in Kagomes route when Hisoka is given a drug to cause an artificial stampede.
- Normally, I Would Be Dead Now: After Noiz is shot three times at the end of Hisokas route he manages to get back up and either unsummon Nomad or try to use it to go on a rampage before getting shot a fourth and final time.
Paranoid connectors with a massive avatar that looks like an evil castle.
- Big Bad: Mayukis route is the last one to have anything like a Big Bad and even then its rather token: Theres a mad coμ out there with an avatar named K, which takes the form of a gigantic fortress.
- Combat Tentacles: K is a giant immobile fortress that attacks with seemingly endless red tentacles. Its very hard for anything to both evade the attacks and launch their own.
- If I Can't Have You...: K is flushed out of hiding when they intend to attack Yuuna's concert so she can stay 'eternal' in their hearts. They didn't even know she was the person they'd fought a few days before.
- Mighty Glacier: K has excellent defense and is hard to even attack while avoiding its tentacles, but it also cant move.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: It's a black castle wall with red tentacles and red lines at its joint. It's also massive, at least twice the height of a normal avatar and much wider.
Macbeth is a Georgios avatar like Babylon. It has control over magnetism, which is a great asset when fighting the metallic avatars.
- Blood Knight: Nishiogi, the connector of Macbeth, just wants to fight and kill now that he has an avatar. Yoshimori doesnt really want to, but she cant oppose him.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Yoshimoris coμ is killed off by Nomad at the beginning of Hisokas route when they try to challenge Nomad. You dont mess with Nomad.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Macbeths coμ challenges Sting. You know, the invincible killing machine far above even El-Ahrairah in power.
The mysterious singing girl who joins together five connectors into a coμ. Lacking direction, many connectors view her as some sort of mystical savior or godlike figure, though nobody worships her.
- Invisible to Normals: Girl A can only be seen by potential connectors. Actual connectors can't see her either.
- Mysterious Waif: Girl A is a mysterious but beautiful girl that looks like an anime character. She sings to attract five connectors, after which they summon an avatar that follows the group will. Most connectors really hope to see her again or wonder what she wants the coμs to do. Girl A is not, in fact, a person at all, let alone a girl. Its just a program or illusion that puts on a form similar to the secondary connector Kagome so people will approach it. The only time it ever really speaks is in truth just a reflection of Kagome.
Akihito's boss at Izalone. A very shady man that Akihito suspects is linked to organized crime, but he pays well, has good connections and is otherwise friendly and supportive.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Akihitos boss Tianwen constantly flirts with him. Not interested.
- Affably Evil: Tianwen is obviously some kind of criminal and knows more than he lets on, but hes so friendly that he never even becomes an antagonist.
- Camp Gay: Tianwen at first glance is a flamboyant gay, but to Akihito's surprise he's actually bisexual. Still flamboyant.
- Depraved Bisexual: Constantly flirts with Akihito, but was married in the past. His affair with Haru put an end to that.
- Lonely at the Top: At the end of Kagomes route, Tianwen has created his kingdom, but he no longer remembers why he even wanted it.
- Obviously Evil: Tianwen is obviously some form of criminal, but Akihito doesnt care since it doesnt involve him.
Benio's father. Her mother divorced him some time ago after he spent too much time focusing on his job rather than his family, after which he made a bad mistake out of stress, which put an end to his career advancement.
- Necessarily Evil: Kagomes route reveals that Miyato and Tianwen have been working with Kugura and the coμ hunter. Tianwen and Kugura just want power, but Miyato has been feeding the coμ hunter information on Beginner Killers and criminals to try to minimize damage and save lives.
- Pervert Dad: Akihito outwardly says Benios dad is so affectionate because he rarely gets to see her and inwardly notes he agrees with her mom for divorcing him. Of course, the divorce really had nothing to do with that; her dad just spent every hour working and neglected their family.
A mysterious woman that Akihito considers a death god. She calls herself a magician and can effortlessly destroy avatars with her bare hands. She reminds Akihito of the killer that once gave him a knife, but he's not sure whether they're the same person or not.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Touri the magician can destroy avatars with her bare hands.
A narcissistic scientist. He's Ayaya's uncle, so perhaps it's not unusual that he rarely seems to actually listen to what anyone is saying.
A mysterious flying blade assumed to be an avatar. It's considered invincible and, if is an avatar, it's agreed to be the most powerful.
- Big Damn Heroes: During the common route, Babylon is saved from three beginner killers by Sting, which promptly flies away again. In Kagomes route it saves him and Ayaya.
- Gravity Master: Sting uses gravity to tear things apart, fly and reject all damage.
- Power Incontinence: It favors quick, efficient movements because it's so strong that it's not suited for much else.
The project leader for the Acceptor stories. His updates are sporadic and he's otherwise quite quiet, but even so it's been a long time since anyone has heard from him. While Amakuni contributes the most amount of sheer textnote and Yuki provides a lot of the plot details, he's responsible for the basics of the story, compiling all the work and some of the neater ideas.
- Author Existence Failure: In-Universe. He actually died a few months ago when he wandered into the territory of the mad coμ of K.
- Nice Guy: He was quiet online, but also very friendly and hardworking. His coμ was always one of the closest seen with all of them very close and sharing mutual interests.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He's one of only three contributors to Acceptor to use a nickname instead of going anonymously. His real name is never revealed even when he's tracked down.
- Posthumous Character: Herm disappeared a few months ago. Eventually, Mayuki and Akihito discover he died a long time ago.
- Posthumous Credit: In-Universe. He died, but he was the project leader for Acceptor and well loved by everyone. When his fate comes out, Mayuki and the community insist that he be credited as the main writer. Amakuni wanted credit himself but wasn't offered and Yuki could have been credited but didn't to make money off her hobbies or disrespect Herm.
- Promoted Fanboy: In-Universe. He didn't start the Acceptor stories, but his friends got him into it and he really brought it to life.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: His experience as connector just trying to get by greatly influenced his writing and was responsible for the story not focusing on Kaname's fighting but rather his daily life.