This page is a collection of tropes for the characters belonging to the Partheno civilization in the Light Novel In Another World with My Smartphone and its adaptations. Fans of only the anime and manga must beware of spoilers
Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki (Japanese)A brilliant scientist, sorceress and engineer who lived 5000 years ago in the Parthenon Civilization. She created the floating islands of Babylon, as well as the gynoids who manage them.
- The Ace: Being the master of all elements plus a Null magic, she's designated to be this. And it helps she's a genius (she's the one who built the Babylon Garden and Frame Gears, after all).
- Bi the Way: She used her first gynoid, Pure Liora, as a sexual partner. Although Liora's genitalia is left ambiguous, she still identifies as female. Despite that, the Professor shows clear interest in Touya as well.
- Black Bra and Panties: Professor Regina Babylon wears a pair of lacy black panties with an absurdly short skirt, specifically for Touya's benefit.
- Brain Uploading: She uploads herself into the last gynoid.
- Fling a Light into the Future: Regina Babylon created Babylon so that Touya would be able to defeat the Fraze in the future, 5,000 years after they destroyed her civilization, and set up tests with her knowledge of the future to ensure that only Touya would be able to access Babylon and its keepers. And to mess with him.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She created the terminal gynoids that manage Babylon, and designed them to be highly sexual. In fact, it's revealed that each of them are designed with a fragment of her personality. In addition, she delights in teasing Touya, such as flashing her panties in plain view.
- Love Before First Sight: Regina Babylon fell in love with Touya after looking into the future and seeing his arrival from five thousand years in the past. All of her wonders of Babylon, as well as the nine gynoids that attend them, were made just for him.
- Master of All: She has affinity to every element and a Null Magic.
- Ms. Exposition: She specifically contacts Touya from 5000 years in the past to explain to him about Babylon and what happened to the Partheno Civilization.
- Not So Different: Regina Babylon tells Touya that time-bending magic only truly works if it can connect two similar beings separated by time and space. Thus, the reason she was able to watch (and later speak with) Touya is because the two of them are very much alike. Touya refuses to believe that they have anything in common aside from their magical affinities.
- Posthumous Character: She is long dead by the time the series starts. However, through time magic and Brain Uploading, she is still able to have an active role in the story.
- The Professor: Aside from the fact that she's known as "Professor" Regina Babylon, she is an eccentric, genius inventor with more than a few oddities about her.
- Robosexual: Pure Liora, aka Airframe #20, was her sexual partner.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Regina Babylon left a message for Touya inside Francesca. By using magic which bends time and space, she is able to speak directly to Touya from the past, even though her message has been waiting for him for 5,000 years.
Voiced by: Yuuma Uchida (Japanese)A mysterious white-haired boy that Touya repeatedly meets.
- Anti-Hero: His motivations are a complete mystery. When asked if he sides with humans or the Fraze, he vaguely states that he's not actively trying to defend humanity, but it wouldn't be good if the Fraze wiped them all out, either.
- Expy: A mysterious boy with red eyes and white hair who's also a Perpetual Smiler, are you sure he isn't Nagisa?
- Fish out of Temporal Water: He gets himself into trouble early on by trying to pay for goods with five-thousand-year-old currency. Touya has to rescue him and teach him how the new world works.
- Mr. Exposition: Aside from Regina, he's the greatest source of exposition in the story.
- Mysterious Past: No one knows who he is, or where he came from.