Note: The spoilers regarding teams, team swaps, and right-to-stay eliminations are unmarked.
Born James David Weinroth, he's been the host of Endurance and its predecessor Moolah Beach since the beginning. His narration may seem condescending, but don't let that take away from the experience - he's trying only show the program has a market to kids. Otherwise, he is rather relaxed as a host.—-
- Captain Obvious: When doing the temple of fate elimination challenge, he will state what elements each team picked even though it is clearly shown which element each team picked (the chosen element usually rises up in most seasons or is the only element to be shown in front of a team like in ''Hawaii'). Thus teams tend to react to the results before he sums up what just happened before them.
- Catchphrase: Every temple of fate elimination challenge will have him say "Will the dominant element please rise now" before the chosen elements rise.
- Game Show Host: He is the host of all seasons of Endurance and Moolah Beach.
- Mr. Exposition: As the host and typically the only non-contestant person on the show, he explains how the missions work as well as the general mechanics of the game. This includes parts already known to teams like how the temple of fate challenge works which he explains every single time teams go up there.
- Nice Guy: And how! In Season 2, he went as far as refraining from using the word "twist" (substituting it with the word "surprise" instead) to accommodate Keetin, who got really nervous whenever the word was said. He also tends to say something nice to teams who have just been eliminated.
- He also disagreed with Cealey's position that some people just can't ever get along and instead encourages people to spend time with the other to get to know them.
Purple TeamClark Harrison and Summer Borden
- Purple Is Powerful: They won a couple of missions and made it to the final 2 where they won the cash prize
Green TeamKyle Searles and Shari Lee
Red TeamDrew Luna and Nancy Diaz
Yellow TeamAndrew "A.J." Johnson and Brittany Harris
Orange TeamJacob Capito and Chloë Levinson
Blue TeamXavier Yepez and Chasati Allen
Blue TeamAaron Thornburg and Jonna Mannion
The team was first formed when Ashley caught the Blue ball, and partnered them up according to the List. From the outset, the Blue Team was the strongest team on the island: they managed to win the first two Temple Missions in a row, making them into a threat. They also established an earlier alliance: the Brotherhood, along with Green, Purple, and Orange. However, this would immediately break off when the Blue Team gave the Samadhi to Orange, and sent Green up to the Temple of Fate, along with Gray. When the former returned, both teams turned against Blue for their supposed betrayal.
- The Ace: Aaron physically, Jonna mentally. Combined, they won 6 missions, more than any other team that season.
- Aerith and Bob
- Brains and Brawn: See The Ace.
- Chekhov's Hobby: Christian suspected Aaron did well in Knotted Up because he was used to knots when making necklaces for Sabrina.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Aaron, though this was mainly because of Sabrina.
- Flawless Victory: They won all but one temple mission and avoided going to temple the entire season; the latter feat only matched by one other team though unlike Blue, they did not become the endurance champions.
- Honor Before Reason: They had a lot of this. During the final three, they got rid of the Samadhi when given the option to do so. This made the final temple mission fair game.
- Irony: Jonna became partners with one of the four people who went against the List.
- It's All My Fault: Jonna after getting the note after Gray's elimination.
- No-Damage Run: They were never sent to the temple of fate prior to the finale. They did get the samadhi once but still won the following temple mission in spite of it.
Yellow TeamJon Crocilla and Sabrina Lloyd
The first team created on Endurance by Jonna, the Yellow Team was primarily led by Sabrina and her strategy to manipulate as many contestants as possible in order to get an advantage in the game. While this took them far in the game, it also made them a substantial amount of enemies, because Sabrina was ready to break an alliance at any given moment. Nevertheless, they were also good in challenges, breaking the Blue Team's winning streak in "Plant the Flag" and winning "Waterlogged".
- The Chessmaster: Sabrina, who tricked Aaron into sending his allies home.
- Dude Magnet: Like Ashley most of the guys wanted Sabrina as her partner.
- The Heart: Jon, who on the other hand desired to play the game more fairly.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Sabrina, and she even voiced it in one episode.
- Manipulative Bitch: Sabrina, especially to Aaron.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sabrina was red, due to her constant strategizing and role in the game to Jon's blue.
- Wham Line: "I'm a liar too...", Sabrina's infamous quote from one interview.
Red TeamChristian Justice and Ashley Gudzak
Created by Layla, but with Sabrina's intervention in the partner selection. They got along well with each other, along with the Yellow Team. Ashley and Sabrina's friendship catalyzed into a significant alliance through the season, but also made the impression that they were carried by their two stronger allies due to winning only one mission.
- Always Second Best: They did well in challenges, such as "Knotted Up", but were overtaken by Blue or Yellow most of the time and despite making it to the final 3, they only won a single mission before getting eliminated.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Christian Justice!
- Dude Magnet: Almost all of the guys wanted Ashley or Sabrina as their partner; so much so that Aaron compared it to a war.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ashley and Sabrina.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Ashley although she did make friends with Sabrina.
- The Load: Later on, as part of Yellow and (to a lesser extent) Blue's alliance-as the only mission they won was one based off a Schelling Point Game.
- Nice Guy Nice Girl: Ashley, especially compared to Sabrina.
- Bewarethe Nice Ones: Ashley wanted to use her influence to get the Blue Team handicapped or sent to Temple, because they were the strongest team.
- Number Two: Ashley to Sabrina.
- The Social Expert: Ashley.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Ashley's reaction to Yellow wanting to give the Samadhi to Orange over Blue.
- This Is a Competition: Ashley in Waterlogged because of no one wanting to send Blue to Temple.
Green TeamTrevor Wilkins and Lana Neiman
When Max caught the Green ball, he noted that Trevor pointed to Lana, and paired them up, breaking up the list. Not much later, the two partners would clash with each other; their lack of teamwork showed in "Tilt" and "Knotted Up". This prompted the Blue Team to send them up to Temple along with Gray, because the latter was stronger and would take them out. Much to everyone's surprise, the Green Team came back, and became the main opposition team to the Red-Yellow-Blue alliance.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Reversed. The reason why they lost "Tilt" because Trevor was holding a relatively larger Lana.
- This would be later seen in "Plant the Flag", as Lana was the only girl running to put the flags on the poles.
- Nerd Glasses: Trevor
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: The first in a long line of mismatched partners. They had gotten over it towards the end where they even surprised everyone by winning a mission.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Started the Three-Temple Curse.
- Younger Than They Look: Trevor was 12 when he was on E1.
Orange TeamSkyler Russell and Chelsea Myers
This was the second last team to be formed this season, chosen by Max when he caught the orange ball. While they where not suppose to be paired together, they seemed to get along. They were known as one of the more quieter teams, typically keeping to themselves though Chelsea did become good friends with Layla. Skyler was a member of the Brotherhood alliance (along with Aaron, Brandon and Trevor) though it was quickly dissolved after Blue gave them the first samadhi.
- Break the Cutie: Chelsea after being forced to eliminate Layla at Temple.
- Butt-Monkey: The only reason this persisted is because both contestants were quiet.
- Cool Shades: Skyler
- Fish out of Water: Chelsea was rather quiet as she didn't hangout with a lot of the other contestants. She did have a friendship though with Max, Layla and her partner.
- Joke Character: Neither of them posed a threat to anyone diplomatically or athletically.
- The Quiet One: Both; at the beginning of the season; people thought Skyler had a plan, while Chelsea didn't talk to many people. However, later on, Chelsea was able to break out of her shell.
Purple TeamBrandon Hendrix and Layla Brisco
Not long after Layla formed the red team, she was paired with Brandon by Jenna when she caught the purple ball. They weren't suppose to be paired together, according to Jonna's list, they seemed to work well together. Brandon was a member of the short lived Brotherhood alliance.
- Black Best Friend: Layla to Chelsea
- Compressed Hair: Brandon. Initially his hair was braided but his is a full blown Funny Afro
Gray TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
The last team formed this season, due to the fact that Max and Jenna catching the last 3 balls in the game. They appeared strong though they initially lost Tilt to make them less of a target. They were sent ot the first temple as Blue thought it would be a strength test. This decision however caused Gray to be the first team eliminated and began an alleged curse where Gray would usually be the first colored team out.
- Girlish Pigtails: Jenna.
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were chosen to compete again as season 2's brown team.
- Nerd Glasses: Max
- Nice Hat: Max
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Why they threw the first Endurance Mission. They performed well in the partner selection game (initially forming half of the teams on this season) and had an early lead as a result (starting with 2 pieces while everyone else had one). While they could have potentially won Tilt they wanted to get under the radar to avoid being a target due to their earlier success. Unfortunately for them, their strength was a main reason why they were sent to temple as it was expected that would be enough to beat Green as no one was aware of what was at the temple of Fate at that time. This resulted in Gray's elimination.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: They were the first team eliminated. Subverted as they will voted in the reunion special to be allowed to return in Endurance 2.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Started the Gray Team Curse.
No TeamShane Peltzman, Ron Neurauter, Alejando Rose-Garcia;Lacey Elick, Heather Ichihashi, Cree Howard
Brown TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
Originally the Gray team in the first endurance, they were voted to return as the Brown team. They aimed to avoid the same mistakes they made in the past season. Their presence seemed to split the beach as some teams where fine with having them there while others were less than thrilled.
- Big "OMG!": Jenna after winning her first Temple of Fate.
- But Not Too White: Max & Jenna gotten considerably tanner from the first season.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: During Endurance 2, Max tended to make deals with other teams, only to quickly break them such as promising not to give the samadhi to Blue or promising Purple that they weren't going to send them to temple but ended up doing both. This causes some of the contestants to become annoyed with him.
- Hypocrite: They were quite upset when Green informed them that they were sending them to temple in the final 4 despite Green giving them the curiosity of advance notice. In contrast, Brown (or at least, Max) had previously made promises with other teams (such as Blue and Purple) to not target them only to quickly change their minds.
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were the first team eliminated in Season 1, but during this season, they Took a Level in Badass and ended up winning the game.
- They're Back: They were the grey team in Season 1.
- The Chessmaster: Max throughout this season, as he made deals with a good number of contestants.
Green TeamMike Lavigne and Keetin Marchi
Mike and Keetin where formed after each caught the green ball in Wash Out. They allied themselves primarily with Yellow and Brown though Mike was friends with Annie of Purple. Their initially wins in temple missions established them as one of the more stronger teams this season.
- The Ace: They were both good mentally and with teamwork
- Aerith and Bob
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: They sent the red team and (much later) the brown team to Temple once each. The brown team came back and forgave them, but the red team got eliminated and sent a very harsh farewell letter to them.
- Epic Fail: Green was the first team out in the Face To Face after Mike fell into the water as the cords were beginning to rise just a few seconds into the challenge.
Orange TeamTyler Burkhalter and Michelle Durand
Tyler and Michelle did not get along at first. Michelle was very motivated to win the game while Tyler felt homesick and wanted to leave. They also rarely talked to each other at the beginning and faired poorly in missions. This made them an easy target during the initial part of the game. According to Purple, Orange early on was in an alliance them and Gray though Purple ended up giving Orange the first samadhi. They gradually began to work better with each other as time went on.
- Honor Before Reason: By winning the Aqueduct endurance mission during the final 4, they could have given the samadhi to another team, all of whom had won at least 2 missions by that point. They instead took the samadhi out of the game. Fortunately for Orange, while they didn't win the following temple mission, they were not selected to go to temple.
- Suicide by Cop: Tyler attempted to do this for the first 2 temple missions due to being homesick and for not initially being able to get along with Michelle. This failed though as Orange was able to survive both trips and other teams became targeted afterwords.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Tyler was homesick which made Orange an easy target in the early part of the game, causing them to get sent to temple twice. The clash of team the members personalities also meant they did not get along very well. They managed perform well though in the Aqueduct mission and made it to the final 3.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Continued the Three-Temple Curse.
Purple TeamJeff Phillips and Annie Kim
One of the stronger teams on this season due to winning multiple missions. They were one of the teams that were not intially thrilled with having to compete with Brown though they had on and off alliances throughout the game. They also did not get along well with Yellow due to the constant clashing between Annie and Calley (their conflict was later ranked as one of the top 10 moments of the first four seasons of Endurance) though Shep did not seem to have any hard feelings towards Purple.
- Meganekko: Annie in her last episodes.
- Purple Is Powerful: They proved to be one of the strongest teams on this season.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Annie, with the exception of Michelle, clashed with many of the girls (especially Calley) this season because she frequently hung out with the guys, to the point where she said all the girls followed Jenna like dogs.
Yellow TeamShep Allen and Calley Payne
Formed after neither person caught a ball in Wash Out. Calley was very supportive of Brown, even claiming she would target anyone who went against them though Shep did not seem to share such feelings. Calley and Annie tended to clash quite bit with each other though they claim they made up. They were in an alliance with Brown and Green throughout the game.
- Always Second Best: They did well in some of the missions but never actually won.
- Broken Tears: Calley after her elimination.
- The Load: Calley's lack of athleticism led to Yellow losing some challenges, and even their allies on Brown and Green noted this trend who began to question whether they should still be carrying them. Her outspokenness about wanting to protect Brown, as well as her dislike of Annie from Purple, also made Yellow a target.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The main reason why Calley clashed with Annie in a few episodes, as Annie was the tomboy while Calley was the girly girl
Blue TeamCameron "Scooter" Magruder and Christa Schultz
Scooter and Christa differed in personality. Christa was a more quiet person while Scooter tended to be one of the more outspoken contestants this season. In particular, he was not a fan of Brown coming back to endurance. Christa hanged with the girls from the Brown-Green-Yellow alliance while Scooter hanged out with the other teams. Despite the difference in personality, they tended to do well in missions though they never actually won.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Scooter's red to Christa's blue
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Averted; they were on opposite sides of A House Divided, but they worked very well together in missions. They even finished second in a trust-based temple mission despite having the samadhi against them.
Red TeamPhil Morelli and Jacquelynn Pointer
Phil and Jacquelynn were quite close with each other to the point other teams speculated they had a more closer relationship than being friends. They did alright in missions but didn't win anything. They tended to hang out with teams that were in opposition to Brown.
- Broken Tears: Jacquelynn after being sent to Temple
- Dude Magnet: Every guy wanted Jacquelynn to be their partner.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Phil believed they had a bond with the green team but got sent to temple by them.
- Sore Loser: Both of them made a very angry farewell letter to Green.
Gray TeamWayne Williams and Maryelle De Vitto
Wayne intially wanted Jacquelynn as a partner (granted, most of the boys did as well) but was willing to work with Maryelle. Maryelle was apparently close with Purple whom Gray had an alliance with. Max claims they had an alliance with Brown as well.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: With the exception of Wayne's storyline with Jacquelynn, neither of them had that much screentime, with Maryelle speaking only once.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Continued the Gray Team Curse. JD even commented that "Gray seemed to be destined to be sent first". Similar to season 1, it was the other team that the temple mission winners wanted gone but Gray ultimately became the victims instead.
No TeamDavid Cofresi, Glen Powell, and Trey Griffin;Sarah Ruckreigle, Abbey Konz, and Simone Bouffard
- We Hardly Knew Ye: As usual with contestants eliminated in the right to stay challenge, these contestants only got a small bit of airtime.
Gray TeamChris Vanderweir and Lindi Oest
Although Bryannah really wanted to have Chris as a partner, he actually wanted Lindi and the 2 successfully plotted to make it look like Chris wanted Bryannah to be his partner, only for Lindi to bump her. They formed an alliance with Purple, Orange and Red while having a rivalry with Yellow. They proved to be one of the stronger teams this season and became the only gray team to avoid being the first team eliminated.
- Chick Magnet: Chris. Bryannah and Lindi were fighting to have him as a partner. Lindi won, and Bryannah was stuck with Monroe.
- As for Dude Magnet, many of the guys liked Lindi and they picked her to skip the right to stay challenge.
- Hypocrite: In the final four, Lindi expected the Orange and Purple Teams to choose friendship over strategy, which wasn't the case for her.
- The Southpaw: Lindi is left handed as seen Create Your Own Game where she is drawing a diagram with her left hand.
- True Companions: Chris was best friends with Reece and this was why after winning Pipeline that they choose not to take Purple's pyramid pieces even though Purple was in the lead at that point. Purple repaid the favor after they were eliminated by giving their pieces to Gray.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Averted, as they were able to win the season and become Endurance champions, thus temporarily breaking the Gray team curse (this was the one season that featured a Gray team who did not end up the first colored team eliminated).
Orange TeamDemian Martinez and Nicole Clark
Demian, who caught the number 1 ball in the partner selection game, choose Nicole to be his partner. They allied with Gray, Purple and Red while having a bitter rivalry with Yellow (at least, for most of the game since Nicole had a strong dislike of Bryannah). Nicole also seemed to be good friends with Vanetta. The relationship between Demian and Nicole did gradually deteriorate, particularly after Demian felt Nicole was trying to boss him around, to the point that Demian didn't think they deserved to win.
- Alpha Bitch: Nicole. She had an intense dislike of the Yellow team, specifically Bryannah, even though there didn't seem to be much reason for it and convinced other teams to target them as well. She also exposed Demian's secret alliance with Yellow and Brown to Purple and Gray while also trying to boss Demian around to the point he didn't think the team deserved to win.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The Yellow Team chose not to send the orange team to temple after the superteam mission. At the final four, the orange team returned the favor by sending its two biggest allies to temple (who admittedly would have sent Orange to temple if they won), keeping the yellow team safe.
- Did Not Think This Through: Demian picking Nicole as his partner. As the season went on, their personality differences caused them to fight constantly.
- Irrational Hatred: Nicole's dislike for the Yellow Team (more specifically Bryannah since she never had a problem with Monroe). In the beginning, it was understandable since no one really seemed to like Bryannah due to her clingy and flirtatious nature with Chris but she grew out of that over the season and even got along very well with her partner (whom she disliked in the beginning). Nicole on the other hand continued to dislike her for apparently no reason at all and even got the other girls to hate her as well.
- Fans even speculate that the reason Nicole hated Bryannah so much was because she was jealous that Bryannah not only was prettier than her but because all the guys seemed to like her better.
- Jerkass: Nicole was this big time. When 'your own partner' admits that he doesn't think you deserve to win, you know you're not playing the game right.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Nicole was red to Demian's blue.
- Saved for the Sequel: Nicole auditioned for season 2, and made it to the final 40, but didn't make the final cut because of being too young.
- Suicide by Cop: During the final 5, Demian attempted this by asking Gray and Purple to send Orange to temple as he grown to dislike his partner. However, though Purple won the next temple mission, Orange was not sent. Since Orange then won the next 2 temple missions, this became impossible.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: A world traveler (Nicole) and a city boy (Demian) do not make the perfect team. It really showed in missions.
Yellow TeamMonroe Gierl and Bryannah Bascon
Monroe and Bryannah were paired after Lindi bumped Bryannah away from Chris. While neither were able about this at first and were considered a weak team, they ended up getting along quite well and defied expectations by proving to be one of the stronger teams this season. They were close to Green and Brown but were the main target of the Purple, Red, Orange and Gray alliance, leading them to have a number of up and downs throughout the season.
- Adorkable: Monroe big time, especially with how he jumped up and down and screamed like a little girl whenever he won a mission.
- Ascended Fanboy: Monroe set the example for future examples of this trope to follow.
- Break the Cutie: Nicole, Lindi, and Sarah tried really to make Bryannah suffer throughout the season. They sent her and Monroe to Temple against their closest allies, took all of their pieces, and gave them a samadhi that forced them to sit out during the next Temple Mission only to send them to Temple again against their only other ally.
- Character Development: When she got Monroe for a partner, Bryanah didn't want him and it looked like they would fall apart; however, she learned to work with him.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Lindi and Nicole really did not like Bryannah, so they thought that pairing her up with Monroe would make her an easy target. Unfortunately for them, he would be a force to be reckoned with in missions. They even won the first temple mission of the season with the samadhi against them.
- From Bad to Worse: Occurred during the final 5. First Gray won Pipeline which allowed them to take Yellow's 2 pyramid pieces. Then Gray won 'I'm Pulling for You'' and gave the samadhi to Yellow which prevented them from competing in the following temple mission. Their only consistent allies, Brown, lost a teammate and Purple ultimately won the challenge and picked both to go to temple. Yellow did bounce back in the final 4 as they acquired Brown's piece and won another by winning the next endurance mission. They even forged an alliance with their main rivals, Orange, which got them to the final 3.
- Jerkass Has a Point: While Yellow were not typically shown as jerkasses, Tom was very upset that Yellow did not pick Brown to be on their superteam despite being their only allies remaining in the game. Monroe however pointed out that Brown was a relatively weak team, especially compared to Gray and Purple. Monroe's belief was validated in the next mission where Vanetta got stuck during the mission and thus gave the Yellow-Purple-Gray superteam a rather easy win.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: If the game "Out on a Limb" is any indication, Monroe is far tougher than his appearance lets on. Reese (who was showcasing quite an impressive display of muscles because of his shirt) was struggling throughout the entire ordeal while Monroe was casually looking at his competitors and was smiling and looked as if he was barely trying.
- Though, one cannot ignore the fact that in that sort of scenario, it was crucial to lock your arms within your legs to get the most out of the muscles. In this case, Monroe did that perfectly.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Monroe whenever he won a mission.
- The Smart Guy: Monroe
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Bryanah was the tomboy to Sarah, Nicole, and Lindi's girly girl, which caused conflict between the two groups.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Final team afflicted with the Three-Temple Curse.
Purple TeamReece Bors and Sarah Baker
Purple was one of the stronger teams in the season and were allied with Gray, Orange and Red. Like the rest of the alliance, they tended to target Yellow though they were not as explicit in disliking them as some of their allies.
- Chick Magnet: The primary reason Reece was spared from the Right to Stay was because he seemed to be cute.
- Hypocrite: They were accused of this by Bryannah after they gave the samadhi to Yellow, whom they claimed were the weakest team at that time, despite saying they would generally want to target the people who were the strongest threats.
- Pink Means Feminine: Sarah thought that the purple rope was Pink.
- True Companions: They were particularly close with Gray. Neither planned to turn on each other despite the fact they both did well in missions. Reece even stated they he couldn't imagine being there without Chris. This would end up getting them eliminated however as Orange, who had previously been their ally, knew Purple and Gray would never betray each other and would have sent Orange if either won final 4 temple mission. Purple though did aid Gray one last time by giving their 3 pieces to them, giving Gray a huge lead.
Brown TeamTom Maden and Vanetta Smith
While Tom and Vanetta were eliminated in the right to stay challenge, they were brought back along with the other eliminated contestants to compete in the second chance challenge Headstrong. Tom won and picked Vanetta as his partners since she was the girl that remained in the challenge the longest. While Vanetta was close to Nicole, Brown tended to be allies with Yellow and Green.
- Back from Elimination: They did not survive the right-to-stay challenge, but in a Deus ex Machina, they were brought back.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Vanetta fell and cut her leg on some bamboo.
- The Load: When deciding Superteams, Yellow didn't pick them because they were relatively weaker than the other teams.
- And explains Vanetta in the mission afterward. Even her Partner Tom claimed that their superteam would have likely won if Vanetta wasn't with them. Damien (who was on the same superteam as Brown) also considered her the main reason they lost.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Vanetta hurt herself on some bamboo before the final-five Temple Mission. This ended up being the only time someone was eliminated for a non-gameplay reason.
Red TeamKareem Nugent and Rachel Lofton
Apart from Brown, this was the last team formed this season as Kareem was bumped twice and Rachel was the only girl who didn't have a partner yet. They primarily allied with Purple, Gray and Orange though Kareem seemed to be close with Tom.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Compared to the other members of their alliance, Kareem and Rachel were quieter. Their lack of success in missions didn't help either.
Green TeamBjorn Leum and Alex Reid
Perhaps considered the first team formed this season, they mutually wanted to be partners and were shown to be quite close to each other. They also formed an alliance with Yellow, who were their closest friends, and seemed to be allied with Brown as well. They ultimately proved to be a rather strong team.
- Tomboyish Name: Alex
- True Companions: They were the yellow team's best friends, even with everyone else against them. Bjorn and Alex also seemed to be quite close with each other and were very glad to be partners.
Blue TeamAntonio Iannicelli and Willa Zhou
They were formed after Antonio chose Willa to be his partner. Willa though did not like him and she made this fact very open to the other contestants. Despite this, they actually performed decently in missions.
- All of the Other Reindeer: They were the one team on this season to not be in an alliance. Their constant bickering didn't really help their situation and largely contributed to making them the first team eliminated.
- Divided We Fall: They never got along.
- Mercy Kill: They were so dysfunctional as a team that Bryanah sent them to Temple just so they didn't have to deal with each other over the course of the season.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Willa did not get along with Antonio as she did not want him as a partner. She did not seem to make many attempts to try to work out differences and would openly say harsh things about him in front of the others rather than talk it out. They did however do alright in the missions they competed in, coming in (out of 8 teams) third in Ring of Fire and fourth in Bagging on You.
No TeamMarshall Katheder and Brandon Anderson;Taylor Madison and Eleanor Monahan
While right to stay contestants that lose the challenge are never really heard from again, they were given a second chance to form the brown team. However, Tom was the winner and picked Vanetta as a partner, thus once again preventing this four from being official contestants.
- Ascended Fanboy: Eleanor showed to be a big fan of the show in her audition tape (shown in special that looked at how contestants were chosen) which included playing a temple of faith like game with her cat. While she didn't get to stay on the show for very long, she did at least get to be an official endurance contestant.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: They only appeared in a couple of episodes. The fact they got a second chance to earn a spot on a team meant they had slightly longer tenures than other contestants who were eliminated in the right to stay challenges. Taylor is a bit downplayed as it was shown she was good friends with Monroe whom they considered to be soulmates and potential partners if she wasn't eliminated.
Red TeamFranke Sisto and Erika Cook
Franke and Erika were the 3rd team created this season. Erika was one of the strongest contestants in the game and Franke was quite happy to have her as his partner. Franke was known for his quirky comments and was referred to as the comic relief of the group. While Franke's lack of strength did at times hinder the team, he and Erika did seem to get along well. They tended to emphasis friendship over strategy.
- Action Girl: Erika, she was the reason why Red won their challenges.
- Brains and Brawn: Erika the brawn, Franke the brain.
- Color Motif: The only team to invoke this by choosing the Heart piece by because of its color.
- The Load: While Erika is one of the strongest contestants this season (being the main reason Red won both Drop Out and Circle of Trust), Franke tended to be one of least strongest which is apparent in missions that require strength to win. This was particularly apparent in Hang 5 where Red was the worst performing team. Jeszie even use that in her reasoning for her claims that Red wasn't as strong as Purple. Downplayed in Spin Fly where Frankee got 2 pyramid pieces for red while Erika got 1.
- Plucky Comic Relief: His comments tended to be a common source of comedy for the season and was even acknowledged as the comic relief of the group by JD.
Purple TeamJonathan Lebowitz and Daniela Bustamonte
Daniela originally wanted Michael as a partner but Chris instead paired her with Jonathan. While she was at first quite upset about this, the pair learned to work together and, despite being considered an underdog team, did quite well in some of the missions. Jonathan was quite close to Isaac and Chris, thus creating a Purple-Green-Yellow alliance.
- Ascended Fanboy: Daniela
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Daniela was able to solve a puzzle-based Temple Mission in under a minute.
- The Power of Friendship: As J.D. pointed out, their friendship with the green team was a big reason why they made it to the finale.
- Purple Is Powerful: Despite being considered an underdog team, they still won a number of missions and made it to the final 2.
- Shoot the Dog: Gave the Samadhi to Green before the final temple despite preferring to go to the finale with them. Only the winner of the temple mission would be safe from the temple of fate and Purple considered Green to be the strongest team there. Green though did take it well and were understanding of the situation.
Green TeamIsaac Hainley and Yesenia "Jeszie" Geronimo
Isaac and Jeszie proved to be one of the stronger teams this season. Their personalities and friendships did cause them some conflicts, particularly later in the seasons. Isaac was close to Jonathan (Purple), Chris (Yellow) and Amelia (Blue) while Jeszie was close to Erika (Red). Jeszie also wanted a partner she could control while Isaac tended to resist her demands.
- The Ace: They were in control throughout the game.
- Broken Ace: After winning three straight missions in a row, their teamwork deteriorated, which showed in challenges, and they were the first team eliminated in "Circle of Trust (in fairness, they were handicapped by Purple in that mission).
- Control Freak: Jeszie ideally like to have control over her partner and even stated she didn't want Frankie as a partner because she didn't believe she could control him. This did at times clashed with Issac if she wanted to target someone who was close to him.
- The Power of Friendship: Their alliance with the Purple Team, based on Isaac's friendship with Jonathan, propelled them both into the final three.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Jeszie's red to Isaac's blue.
- Spicy Latina: Jeszie
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: While they were able to work quite well in missions, their relationship did deteriorate a bit when it came to deciding who they should target. This was seen in Fireball were they had some disagreement about whether to send Blue (which Jeszie wanted) or Orange (which Isaac wanted) but even more prevalent in Hang 5 where it became a shouting match over who to give the samadhi to and ultimately only gave it to Red because they offered to take it.
Blue TeamShea Thomas and Amelia Land
Shea and Amelia were the first team formed this season due to speaking up about who they wanted as partners to JD. Thus, they were exempt from the partner selection challenge. Blue had an alliance with Gray which they openly talked about, making both a target as a result. Amelia later formed a close relationship with Isaac from Green. They were generally considered a underdog team.
- Good Ol' Boy: Shea
- Nice Hat: Shea
- [[Nice Boy/Nice Girl]]: Amelia. After Purple lost Waterworks (and thus guaranteed to go to temple if they didn't win the following temple mission), she tried to cheer Daniela up by pointing out that there was a still a potential way out. This is despite the fact that when purple won the first temple mission, they sent Blue. Moreover, when Green was having a hard time deciding who to give the samedhi to after winning Hang 5, she offered to take the samedhi.
- Southern Belle: Amelia
Orange TeamMichael Delvecchio and Kylie Glessman
While most thought Michael was to be paired with Daniela, he was instead paired with Kylie. They tended to be considered an underdog team. While Kylie was liked by most, some felt Michael was untrustworthy due to his tendency to switch alliances. At various points, he was allied with Blue, Gray and Red.
- The Load: Kylie felt the Michael made the team a target due to his reputation of switching allegiances amongst teams and for seeming lacking social skills.
- Younger Than They Look: Michael.
Yellow TeamChris Tavarez and Callie Simpkins
Chris won the partner selection challenge and picked Callie as his partner. Chris also got to pick all of the other teams except Blue who was already formed. They were considered a strong team and were close to Green, Red and Purple.
- Break the Haughty: Chris after losing to Erika
- History Repeats: A girl named Callie (but spelled differently） was placed on the yellow team on Endurance 2 and was eliminated by the eventual winners.
- One Steve Limit: See above.
Gray TeamJohn Kardian and Julie Dubela
John and Julie seemed to be a rather strong team and worked well with each other. The exposure of their alliance with Blue though caused them to be targeted by the other teams.
- Fatal Flaw: They hardly hid the fact that they had a strong friendship with Blue and even expressed in terms that made it obvious the 2 were in an alliance. This caused both teams to be targeted immediately. Gray got the samadhi as they were the stronger of the 2 teams. Since Blue was more of an underdog team, they weren't as heavily targeted (apart from Jeszie) following Gray's elimination.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Their strong performance in Blocked as well as the exposure of their alliance with Blue got them the first samadhi and caused them to get sent to temple, leading to their elimination.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Started the Grey Team Curse again after last season.
No TeamNick Vederosa, Tucker Baer, and Keith Walker II;Brittany Harvey, Kendall Yorkey, and Brooke Bellows
Unlike most right to stay contestants, these six got to stay for 1 night before being eliminated in the right to stay challenge.
Green TeamAlex Carignan and Cealey Godwin
They were the third team to form, chosen by Dakota and Kelsey. They were also the first team to complete Unwind, making them the first to get a color. They were in an alliance with Red, Orange and Purple, the relationship with the latter was especially close, which later had others accuse Green of being carried by them. Their involvement with the alliance included being part of the blue team switch: they claim Green would switch with Red if Blue let Red have the power, only to have Red switch Blue and Gray instead. They since maintained a rivalry with Blue for the rest of the season (especially between Cealey and Taylor).
- Born Lucky: Thanks to their alliance with Purple and Red, they only got sent to temple during the final 3 where they beat Blue, who was there on their 4th trip. They made it to the final 2 with their closest friends and, thanks to their performance in the mission to acquire Blue's pieces, went into the final mission with more pyramid pieces than Purple and ultimately won.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: They eliminated Connor & Taylor at the Temple of Fate.
- Friendship Favoritism: They received this treatment from Purple, the strongest team in their alliance which also included Red and Orange. Green was chosen to be on the superteam with Blue and Yellow so that Green was for sure going to the next round regardless of what superteam won. Purple also chose to keep them safe from Temple in the final 4 and let Red go instead which led to their elimination. This made Green unpopular with other teams (even Red didn't speak highly of them despite giving them a piece) who felt they were just being carried.
- Jerkass: Cealey had her moments, most notably for loudly making fun of Taylor during the final 4.
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: She consoled Kelsey when the latter didn't win enough votes to get the free ride. And when Taylor was eliminated, Cealey said she loved her.
- Number Two: To the purple Team, until the finale.
- Sore Loser: Cealey claimed that Taylor cheated in the Create Your Own Game challenge after Blue won the mission.
- 0% Approval Rating: Both team members were disliked for riding on Purple's coattails; when the eliminated teams voted to give a final 3 team an advantage for the Final Temple Mission, neither Alex or Cealey got any votes. In contrast, every other player still in the game at that point got at least 1 vote.
Purple TeamDakota Fisher and Kelsey Schultz
They were the second team created, by Aeriel and Cameron, and the second team to get their color. After they received the Golden Triangle which assured them immunity from one trip up to Temple, they were considered a huge threat. Dakota was a strategist par excellence, planning to switch Blue and Gray when the former won Hot Potato, for example. They also had one of the strongest alliances, but were closest to Green.
- The Ace: They were in control the entire season.
- Betrayal by Inaction: They did this to Red. Purple and Red where in an alliance for most of the game though Purple was always more close to Green. After Purple won the final 4 temple mission, they had the opportunity to save Red from temple (who was facing an automatic trip there due to coming last in the previous endurance mission) but choose not to do so. When Red ended up getting eliminated that night, they choose not to give purple both because of their tendency to carry Green and for not saving Red when they had the chance.
- Break the Haughty: Purple in the finale.
- Fatal Flaw: Their decision to keep saving Green whenever possible, which made them unpopular with some teams like Red, cost them in the end as Green was able to overtake them, pyramid piece wise, after the final mission and ultimately win the game.
- Friendship Favoritism: They kept Green safe for as long as they could due their close friendship. This ultimately came back to haunt Purple when Green managed to gain the lead in Swingshot Alley and ultimately won the game.
- Gone Horribly Right: Putting Connor on the blue team was Dakota's idea. Unfortunately for him, the new blue team would be a force to be reckoned with to the point of being in control of the samadhi the entire season.
- They kept their best friends, Green Team, safe from elimination as much as they could (Green only went to temple once when Purple won the final 3 temple mission) and thus formed the final 2. Green then beat them at the finale.
- The Leader: They were essentially the leader of their alliance with Green, Red and Orange. Purple often decided plans for the alliance (such as switching Blue and Gray as well as decide the division of the superteams). Considering they won more missions than their allies, they tended to have the final say anyway.
- Inevitable Mutual Betrayal: Up until the final 4, Purple was in an alliance with both Green and Red. When purple won the final 4 temple mission though, they had to make a decision that would send at least one of them to temple and be at risk of elimination. Since they were much closer to Green, Red was force to go.
- No-Damage Run: They never got sent to Temple of Fate prior to the finale.
- Pyrrhic Victory: The Purple Team made it to the finale with their best friends on the Green Team, yet karma came back when the Green Team took it all.
- Purple Is Powerful: They were amongst the strongest teams in this season.
- Spiritual Successor: to season 1's blue team; if you look at both of teams' runs, the only difference is that the purple team did not win the game.
- True Companions: With the green team, until the finale, that is.
Blue TeamConnor Finnegan and Taylor Sico-McNulty
Originally, Connor was with Darci (as Gray) and Taylor was with Ike (as Blue), former creating the latter. They were switched when Blue won the first endurance mission but gave the partner switch power to Red who (as suggested by Purple) switched them with Gray. Blue proved to be a strong team though frequently targeted by the Purple-Red-Orange-Green alliance. They became close with Yellow but choose to target their former teammates on Gray. The original Blue pairing conflicting a bit though the new Blue team seemed to get along fine.
- The Ace: They won almost every Endurance Mission and were in control of the Samadhi throughout the season.
- Broken Ace: They were frequently targeted by the major alliance, especially after the Yellow Team was eliminated
- Drama Queen: One could make a drinking game with how often Taylor cried during the course of the season.
- Four Is Death: They would not survive their fourth trip to temple.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Connor felt really bad after Gray team left due to targeting them like all of the other teams did despite the fact Gray included his former partner, Darci, and he did like Ike.
- Nice Guy: Connor was one of the nicest guys in the series. This came back to give him and Taylor a head start in the final Temple Mission.
- Beware the Nice Ones: However, Connor and Taylor gave the Samadhi to the Gray Team, their former teammates, so that they would remain safe. They would also give the Yellow Team Darci's strategy at the Temple of Fate, so that they would return. Connor did express remorse for these actions though.
- Shoot the Dog: When Connor and Taylor won the first endurance mission after their team switch, they choose to give the samadhi to their former teammates. They knew that Gray were targeted by the Purple, Red, Orange and Green alliance and they promised to not send blue to temple if they gave them the samadhi. Connor also provided Yellow with Darci's temple strategy which allowed Yellow to beat them when Red sent to them against Gray at temple.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: The original Blue, Ike and Taylor, were this to an extent. First, in the elimination challenge following the partner game, Taylor wanted to go to Blue while Ike was trying to drag her towards Orange. Taylor also wasn't impressed about Ike asking people who the other teams planned to target since it was making teams to consider targeting Blue. Taylor and Connor though got along a lot better.
- True Blue Femininity: Taylor wanted Blue when choosing colors while Ike wanted Orange.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Averted; They broke the Three-Temple Curse.
Red TeamCameron Uranick and Aeriel Miranda
Formed by Dakota, they were the first team to be paired this season. They were allies with Purple, Green and Orange. They were the team whom the original Blue team gave power to switch teams though it was on the premise that they would switch Aeriel with Cealey. In truth, they carried out their alliance's plan to switch Blue and Gray.
- Manly Tears: Cameron is visibly upset when they lost to Blue at the temple of fate. Granted, they made it to the final 4 and lost to Blue on their 3rd trip in what would be the only time a team went to temple three times and still remained in the competition afterwords.
- The Quiet One: Compared to many of the other teams, they didn't seem to be in focus much apart from the team switch and winning the first temple mission.
Orange TeamMax McFarland and Kristine Turner
They were the fifth team formed this season and created by Aric and Lilly. They were members of the Purple, Red and Green though they were open to sending Green to temple later on.
- Teens Are Short
- The Quiet One: They didn't speak up much through the course of the series, though being in an alliance with the Purple Team may have contributed to that. Max did become a bit more vocal when it came down to the superteam challenge as he wanted orange to be with Blue and Yellow to ensure immunity and attempted to get green sent to temple despite being in an alliance with them.
Yellow TeamAric Manthley and Lilly Brown
- Huge Schoolgirl: Lilly
Gray TeamIsaac "Ike" Moody and Darci Miller
- All of the Other Reindeer: While still on Blue, many people didn't like how Ike kept asking people who they would give the samadhi to and it made Blue a target by nearly everyone. When he was switched to Gray to be Darci's partner, he was still targeted. Even their formers teamworks went along with this by giving them the samadhi and then informed Yellow of Darci's temple of fate strategy in order to ensure Gray would be eliminated. The remaining players though, particularly Connor, did express regret over doing this not long after Gray's elimination.
- Meganekko: Darci
- The Worsening Curse Color: Last Gray Team Curse to be afflicted with the curse before the Gray Team was discontinued in Season Six. Connor was even notably superstitious about it. Connor even stated that one of the good things about being switched to Blue with Taylor was that he now had a "better color"
Colorless TeamGarret Manno and Anna Nti Asare
- Odd Couple
- Younger Than They Look: Garret just turned 13 when the season started filming.
- 0% Approval Rating: Garret was the one person nobody wanted for a partner. He was not well liked by the guys either.
No TeamAdrian Bardales and Rafael Liriano;Martina Iwala and Stefanie Fernandez
- Can't Catch Up: After failing to complete a single lap due to constantly falling in the water (every other contestant was able to complete one) and losing energy with every fall, Martina decided to quit during the challenge. Granted, she would have needed to complete 5 laps before 2 of the other girls in order to stay.
- We Hardly Knew Ye
Blue TeamBen Scheuer and Jordyn Barbato
- Dark Horse Victory: They were a relatively weak team, having only won a single mission throughout the season (in contrast, Green, Orange and Red each won at least 2). They also had less pieces going into the final than their opponent Green. Blue though managed to be the only team to start the final challenge with less pieces than the opponent but still ended up winning.
- Nice Guy and Girl: They were praised by the other contestants for not lying or backstabbing others as well as their tendency to not cause unnecessary drama. These traits even served as a big reason for why they were awarded the Karma piece by the fallen teams.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Likely the most straightest example of the show. They were not a physical strong team and only won half of a temple mission. They were targeted by the stronger teams after Yellow was eliminated which meant they weren't being carried by others for most of the game and had 2 trips to the temple of fate. They even went into the final challenge with less pieces than Green but still won, marking the only time on the show that the team with less pieces still won.
- Weak, but Skilled: They worked well together but were physically weak. The only mission they won was the first half of double temple mission, a memory challenge. Their actual strength was getting along well with other people which proved useful in acquiring Purple Team's pieces as well as being voted to get the "Luck" and "Karma" pieces.
Green TeamWill Cuddy and Leslie Powell
- The Ace: They were in control throughout most of the game.
- The Chessmaster: They lied about what was in the magic box to grant themselves fake immunity from Temple after the first Temple Mission, and they kept it a secret, even from their closest allies, until they went to Temple and used it against said allies.
Red TeamJonathan Young and Hannah Gross
- Born Unlucky: In the final temple mission
- Diabolus ex Machina: They got eliminated despite winning the final Temple Mission. See the Main page for more details.
- One Head Taller: Jonathan was quite a bit taller than Hannah.
Orange TeamCaleb Courtney and Lauren Dixon
- One Head Taller
- The Reveal: Their farewell letter revealed everything about their secret alliance with the green team and the lie about what was in the magic box.
- True Companions: They had a secret alliance with the green team and gotten along well with them. It did have a bit of a rift though when they got sent to Temple against each other and the green team used the magic box against them (Green chose to not reveal the contents of the box to Orange despite their alliance). Orange still gave green one of their pieces to Green though (the other went to Red).
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Caleb
Purple TeamConnor Konz and Jackie Wei
- Asian and Nerdy: Defied. Jackie wanted to proved she was more that some nerdy little Asian girl in her own words.
- Et Tu, Brute?: They were stunned that Red sent them to temple with yellow as they taught they were good friends with them.
- Girlish Pigtails: Jackie had this kind of hairstyle
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Their superior performance in the first temple mission caused them to become a target to the green and orange teams after the yellow team was eliminated.
- Weak, but Skilled: This was the reason why they got targeted.
Yellow TeamKyle Curtis and Briana Vega
- All of the Other Reindeer: Briana's refusal to have Kyle as her partner without even giving him a chance had gotten her team ostracized for their entire game.
- Drama Queen: Briana. Kyle suspected the reason Yellow was given the automatic sentence to temple was because of the drama over the partner selection when Briana force opposition to being paired with Kyle.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Briana was shocked when Orange gave sent her & Kyle to an automatic team as she considered Lauren one of her best friends.
- Nice Hat: Kyle's jester hat.
No TeamAndres Ramirez and Matthew Jones;Rebecca "Becca" Simonoko and Cinnamon Aldridge
- Nice Hat: Cinnamon had that red bandanna.