Tropes that are character specific.
- Happily Adopted: He was raised by Poala's family, and while he might not see Poala as a sister he does see and treat her parents as his own.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Beet's 5 Saigas make him incredibly versatile and good at most combat situations. However, he has yet to completely master any Saiga and his other teammates tend to be better at their chosen fields.
- Stance System: Essentially how he uses his Saigas. Each one has a different combat focus and abilities as well as representing a different element. Beet cycles through them depending on the situation.
- Strong, but Unskilled: He can use five Saiga which gives him amazing strength and versatility, but he can't even use basic Divine powers. He also doesn't have much knowledge of what his Saiga can do, usually discovering their better abilities as he goes.
- Action Girl: A strong warrior and powerful fire user.
- Glass Cannon: Poala is extremely powerful in offensive fire attacks but lacks any defensive ability. This bit her hard when Baron attacked as she nearly died because she couldn't block his Finishing Move
- Playing with Fire: Her greatest divine power is Fire.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Poala has a great deal of potential and raw power but lacks the experience to fully bring it out. She starts learning the best ways to utilize her fire Divine Power to it's fullest potential.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Kissu comes up with plans to counter power attacks after seeing it a few times. What cemented him as this is how he realized Garonewt's plan in a few seconds with only a tiny clue.
- Characterization Marches On: Kissu started out as a bit of a flirt if the name and the fact that he essentially blows kisses at the enemy wasn't a clue. This is forgotten in favor of the Running Gag of him being oblivious to Milfa's obvious crush.
- Red Mage: Unlike most Busters who are very strong in one form of Divine Power, Kissu is equally strong in all.
- An Ice Person: That said he favors Ice spells.
- Squishy Wizard: Played with. Kissu is the weakest physically, however he knows defensive Tengeki allowing him to compensate.
- Trading Bars for Stripes: Milfa allows him to travel with Beet (under her supervision) and fight Vandels in exchange for her advocating for a lower sentence.
- Weak, but Skilled: Doesn't have much physical combat ability and his endurance is probably the worst out of Beet's entire group (he wrung himself dry both major battles casting powerful spells) but makes up for it with creativity and careful battlefield analysis.
- Big Brother Instinct: Slade is hinted to see Beet as a surrogate younger brother and he will often stop by after Beet does something particularly reckless in order to check up on him.
- Blow You Away: Primarily uses wind Tengeki
- Fragile Speedster: Slade lacks pure power and relies on trickery and Hit-and-Run Tactics to defeat enemies.
- Guest-Star Party Member: Drops in and out of Beets group.
- I Work Alone: Unique among Busters as someone who doesn't have a regular team.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Sarcastic man who appears mean. He's not nearly as mean and heartless as he acts.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Genuinely likes and worries about Beet. Doesn't stop them from arguing all the time though.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Yes this flirty, cutesy, flighty chick is a Broad Buster.
- Elemental Armor: Milfa invented a lighting attack that coats herself in Tengeki which augments her hand-to-hand combat skills and grants her a powerful defense.
- The Tease: Once offered to let a pilot grope her in exchange for a ride on his airplane only to weasel out of it. Milfa also easily gets crushes on cute guys.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her uh Guitar-Cannon-Club Saiga.
- Lightning Bruiser: A powerful hand-to-hand user skilled in offense and defense with insane physical strength and endurance. She's the highest level of Beet's group and a Broad Buster to boot.
- Shock and Awe: Strong in Lightning divine powers
- The Worf Effect: Combined with Deus Exit Machina. Milfa's easily the strongest of Beets group which means that she'd inevitability be beaten up and tossed around both to establish the threat and get her out of the way.
- Actually a Doombot: Beet once defeated Beltorze early on only to be told that it was a significantly weaker clone.
- Blood Knight: Really enjoys fighting and killing strong opponents, human and Vandel alike.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Sees himself not as a monster but as a warrior seeking stronger adversaries.
- Orcus on His Throne: Has been literally sitting on a throne doing not a lot since his battle with the Zenon Warriors
- Red Baron: "The King of Tragedy"
- Eyes Always Shut: It's when he opens when that you should be worried
- In Love with Your Carnage: Gushes over Grineed's true berserker self, considering him to be the ideal Vandel.
- Killer Rabbit: Looks like a rabbit monster in a tweed suit.
- Berserk Button: A lot of them, but the thing that pisses him off the most is being called a "Brute".
- The Berserker: When he snaps and reveals his true face, he loses all control and fights like a maniac. Unfortunately, he's so tough and strong that this is actually the ideal way for him to fight.
- Big Bad: Of the first season of the anime and the first arc of the manga.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Unlike most Vandel he really dislikes winning by brute strength and desires to be different.
- Irony: He hates himself for being just another brutal Vandel. Other Vandels on the other hand admire him because he's such a powerful and brutal Vandel. Shagie in particular thinks that he's the ideal Vandel — a perfect incarnation of destruction born to pound humanity into dust.
- Load-Bearing Boss: Played with. He literally destroys his entire castle, and blows up after he dies. Those two things, however, are not directly related. He wrecks his castle in a berserker rage, and he explodes after a horn which regulates his power is cut off. Milfa removes the body before it damages any property.
- Red Baron: He likes to go by "Clever Honcho", though his true title which he hates is "The Bloody Beast".