- Awesome Music: With music by Go Shiina, an awesome soundtrack is to be expected.
- Crossover Ship: There are fanart of the male CV Protagonist pairing up with Hifumi Togo, in paying homage to vampire/human pairings. One can wonder the CV Protagonist's edgy appearance blends in with Hifumi's Chuunibyou manners.
- Epileptic Trees: Some people have noticed how Cruz and Io, at least in the English version, appear to have the same voice actor. This has led some to speculate that Cruz and Io might be one of the same. It also doesn't help that Io has no memories whatsoever.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Io has attracted a number of players who simply want to support her. The other female characters also have their devoted followings, but hers is the most passionate by far.
- Funny Moments: Whenever the playable character sits in the chair and couch for too long, they would then feel tired and fall asleep.
- Memetic Mutation: "The Character Creator will be the hardest boss in the game"Explanation
- Nightmare Fuel: The premise of the game in general. It is an apocalyptic world where the vampire-like Revenants fight the monsters while constantly controlling their blood lust. Giving in to that temptation without blood for too long resulting the Revenants to become these same monsters.
- Spiritual Successor: Similar to Bloodborne being one to Dark Souls, Code Vein is one towards God Eater, both being Bloodier and Gorier games with different aesthetics, on top of being Nintendo Hard.
- Tainted by the Preview: The Anime aesthetic has divided a few viewers.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The games visuals look great, looking like a polished, and more detailed looking God Eater, while having unique designs that make the game one of the more impressive looking games coming out from Namco Bandai.
- Win Back the Crowd: The game's network test was met with some mixed reactions due to various factors, mostly in regards to how combat felt, which led to a certain portion of the potential fanbase becoming much more on the fence about the game, especially since the game's scheduled launch was only months away. The director of Code Vein would then release a blog post listing a fairly comprehensive number of improvements to the game based on the feedback from the network test.
- Win the Crowd: Looking at comments on sites like YouTube and Reddit, many people say that the character creator is what sold them on the game.
YMMV / Code Vein