Team 7 (Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, Mitsuki) | Team 10 | Other Teams | Other Leaf Village Members | Other Villages' Shinobi | Neo Akatsuki | Otsutsuki Clan | Kara | Other Villains | Other Characters | Legacy Characters
Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on the free versionnote of Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.
Following the defeat of Kaguya Otsutsuki, the Otsutsuki clan continued to move from the shadows, dispatching three of its members to Earth to finish what Kaguya started.
Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa (JP), Xander Mobus (EN), Rolando de la Fuente (Latin America, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4)
Debut: Boruto Chapter 2 (Manga), Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
The main antagonist of Boruto: Naruto the Movie, alongside his servant Kinshiki, they are members of the mysterious clan of celestial beings, the Otsutsukis. Arrogant, sadistic and psychotic, Momoshiki will stop at nothing to accomplish his goals and considers anyone other than himself to be insignificant. He interrupts the Chunnin Exams in order to capture Naruto, or more specifically, what's sealed inside of Naruto.
- Adaptational Badass: He is a more dangerous of a foe in the Boruto anime than he is in the movie. In the movie, once he transforms and fights Naruto and Sasuke, the two almost completely wipe the floor with him with minimal difficulty, but allow Boruto to step up to fight due to them both being exhausted. In the anime, he is much more capable, able to actually fight back very well against the two, and after they unleash their strongest attacks on him, he gets back up and proceeds to fight them and the other Kage before being defeated by Boruto. Also, Boruto in the movie was able to easily kill him using his special Rasengan with a boost from Naruto. In the anime, Boruto has to actually fight Momoshiki to leave an opening to hit him, and when he does, Momoshiki counters with a Rasengan he absorbed from Katatsuke's shinobi gauntlet.
- Ax-Crazy: He keeps it sealed up usually, but he positively drools at killing innocents and wanton destruction.
- Big Bad: He's the main antagonist of the Boruto movie, seeking to retrace Kaguya's chakra energy and collect the scattered energy of the Shinju in order to become all-powerful and immortal. Him, Kinshiki, and Urashiki showed by themselves why Kaguya was scared enough to turn thousands of humans into an army of White Zetsus; to fight off the entire clan.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: Kaguya had good intentions for her children and humanity before her Motive Decay and fear of the entire clan consumed her while Toneri was motivated by misguided loyalty to his family. In contrast, Momoshiki has no higher goals than stealing power and has no care for his father figure or the rest of his clan. A mentality that the clan grooms the current generation to have.
- Dimensional Traveler: He can access Kaguya's dimension and other worlds, presumably with his Rinnegan.
- Devour the Dragon: Absorbs Kinshiki to power up for his confrontation against Naruto and Sasuke.
- The Dreaded: Kaguya was so afraid of his eventual arrival that she created the White Zetsu army in preparation in order to fight him.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He has Rinnegan in the palms of his hands. Later gains one on his forehead after absorbing Kinshiki.
- Eye Scream: The Rinnegan in Momoshiki's palm that can absorb techniques is gauged out in the final battle with him, leaving him vulnerable to the Boruto's final Rasengan.
- Evil Albino: He has chalk-white skin and hair, which coupled with his horns and Byakugan indicate he's a member of the Otsutsuki clan.
- Evil Counterpart: With Boruto. Like the young man, he thinks that hard work is for fools and if one simply attains power easily, what more is needed? The major difference is Boruto learns to appreciate the nature and benefits of hard work and abandons this mindset, ultimately becoming a better person in the end; Momoshiki sticks with his mindset and it ultimately gets him killed.
- Fairytale Motifs: He is inspired by the folklore hero Momotaro the peach boy and his animal shaped attacks of monkey, pheasant and dog are based on the familiars of Momotaro.
- Foreshadowing: Although he had already appeared in the Boruto movie at the time, he was shown in silhouette during Kaguya's flashbacks in the anime, along with Kinshiki and Urashiki. Is alluded to as a threat greater than Kaguya in Naruto Gaiden.
- Horned Humanoid: He has a pair of forward-curved horns resembling rabbit ears.
- Laughing Mad: Momoshiki devolves into this whenever he's causing pain and/or gets the upper hand on his foes.
- Lazy Bum: He is thoroughly against training and building up one's own power, and instead wishes to kill and take someone else's.
- Magical Eye: He has the Byakugan and Rinnegan. With his Rinnegan, he's able to absorb Ninjutsu and fire it back at his opponents many times stronger or choose to covert the energy into Chakra Pills to power/heal himself.
- One-Winged Angel:
- Turns into a red demonic ogre after absorbing Kinshiki, vastly increasing his raw power and gains the ability to generate weapons for himself. Even Naruto and Sasuke working together barely slowed him down.
- In the anime, he instead gains black lines across his body and a demonic, but almost regal like look as well.
- Outside-Context Problem: Of Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring, being the subject of Sasuke's top-secret investigation.
- Powers as Programs: As Boruto noticed, Momoshiki's ability to absorb ninjutsu and fire them back as ammo is very similar to the Kote tool.
- Pressure Point: In the Anime version of his fight, he uses taijustu similar to the Gentle Fist.
- Pride: This man oozes this trope all over the place. He constantly looks down on others and has absolutely no respect for others, including his own partner.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He shows signs of this during his attack on Konoha, randomly launching his attacks to his surroundings while laughing maniacally. Also, he holds a grudge against Boruto simply for ruining his garments.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His Rinnegan are blood-red, giving them a striking resemblance to Kaguya's Rinne-Sharingan.
- Sadist: Momoshiki destroys the surrounding area around Naruto just because he can and laughs at the thought of innocents dying at his hands.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Can create Black chakra rods and later energy weapons instantly.
- The Sociopath: A prideful, narcissistic psychotic that holds no loyalty and is positively gleeful at the thought of killing civilians.
- Starter Villain: Of the Boruto movie and manga. Played with because on the Sorting Algorithm of Evil he is one of the most powerful entities in the the verse.
- This Cannot Be!: Momoshiki's final thought process when Boruto slams his Super Rasengan into him, sending him flying into space and blowing up into nothingness.
- Ungrateful Bastard: While Kinshiki does insist, Momoshiki still unhesitatingly absorbs his father figure in order to power himself up. The anime even reveals this is a custom amongst the clan.
- Variant Power Copying: His Takamimusubinokami ability allows him to absorb ninjutsu through the eye in his right hand and unleash an amplified version of that same jutsu from his left hand.
- Villain Takes an Interest: Takes a brief interest in Boruto's destiny upon seeing his future with the Byakugan, but prioritizes his mission first and foremost. When Momoshiki dies he becomes completely invested, hoping to see his cursed fate play out from the afterlife.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He has silvery hair and is the villain of the Boruto movie, seeking to assassinate Naruto.
Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto (JP), Wally Wingert (EN), Santos Alberto (Latin America, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4)
Debut: Boruto Chapter 2 (Manga), Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
The loyal servant of Momoshiki, who raised him as a son. Silent, strong and serious to a fault, Kinshiki follows his master wherever he goes and attacks anyone who displeases Momoshiki. Of the two, Kinshiki is more skilled at Taijutsu while Momoshiki is more skilled at Ninjutsu.
- Body Horror: His muscles get torn up from breaking out of the Kages' binding jutsu. Despite that, he still has enough strength to chop down his planet's Shinju tree.
- The Brute: He is massive enough for Momoshiki to sit on his shoulder, and skilled in Taijutsu. To give an idea of how skilled he is, he's able to fight Sasuke to a standstill and can briefly fight off several of the Kage off.
- Determinator: When the Kages bind him and then corner Momoshiki, he uses all his strength to escape, even though doing so tore up his muscles.
- The Dragon: He's Momoshiki's second-in-command.
- Energy Weapon: Kinshiki is able to generate several weapons from his back to use against his enemies: this includes swords, spears, hammers, axes, etc.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Kinshiki risks his life and body to ensure that Momoshiki is safe and willingly gives up his life to power up Momoshiki. The novel reveals that Kinshiki cares for Momoshiki like a son. Too bad, the feeling is not mutual...
- Evil Albino: Like Momoshiki, he has pale skin and hair, which along with his horn indicates he's a member of the Otsutsuki clan.
- Evil Is Petty: Is hellbent on killing Sasuke for chopping off part of his horn in their first battle.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: He is based on the folklore hero Kintaro the Golden Boy, a giant of a youth with supernatural strength raised by a mountain witch to become a warrior of unsurpassed martial skill. The giant axe wielded by Kinshiki is based on the signature weapon of Kintaro.
- Horned Humanoid: He has a single sideways sweeping horn resembling Madara's.
- Lightning Bruiser: Don't let his size fool you; Kinshiki can keep up with, and sometimes overwhelm, Sasuke in sheer speed. Sasuke would have died in his first tussle against Kinshiki if not for his abilities with the Rinnegan.
- Magical Eye: He has the Byakugan.
- Super Strength: Kinshiki's raw strength surpasses even Tsunade and Sakura's. When he first appears in the Chunnin Exam stadium, slamming his fists into the ground while he was in the middle was enough to turn the stadium into rubble. During the climax, Kinshiki swings his spear to fend off the Five Kage and Sasuke, chopping off his planet's Shinju tree like nothing.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: During the fight with Naruto and Sasuke, Momoshiki absorbs him.
Voiced by: Kazuya Nakai (JP)
Debut: Boruto Episode 53 (Anime)
A member of the Otsutsuki clan who was sent to deal with Toneri by orders of the main family. Although he is not in direct service to Momoshiki like Kinshiki he still defers to him as his senior.
- Ape Shall Never Kill Ape: He mentions that since Toneri is also a member of the Otsutsuki clan no matter how divided by dimensions and time, he is forbidden to kill him; so instead he traps him in a time prison.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He appeared for the first time as a silhouette alongside Momoshiki and Kinshiki in Shippuuden Episode 461, when Kaguya mentions them to Hagoromo and Hamura as an upcoming threat.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Urashiki is based on the title character of the Japanese fairy tale Urashima Taro, a fisherman who saved a turtle who then took him to the undersea palace of the dragon king as a reward for his kindness. In the fairytale the Palace of the Dragon King has a Year Inside, Hour Outside timeflow which is used as the basis for Urashiki's sealing jutsu which freezes Toneri in time for ten thousand years. Like Urashima, Urashiki is also a fisherman and wields a fishing rod as his main weapon.
- Magical Eye: Like the rest of his clan he to has the Byakugan. He can also turn them into Rinnegan.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: He kept his full power a secret from Gaara and Chojuro, only letting loose the Rinnegan to escape.
- Power Copying: He can steal peoples chakra with his fishing line and storing it withing his gourd. Then he can use their jutsu from his gourd after doing so.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After he is cornered by Gaara and Choujuro, he escapes to another dimension using his Rinnengan and does not return to aid Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
- Villain Takes an Interest: After observing the battle he develops an interest in Boruto and his destiny upon seeing him slay Momoshiki.