Team 7 (Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, Mitsuki) | Team 10 | Other Teams | Other Leaf Village Members | Other Villages' Shinobi | Otsutsuki Clan | Kara | Other Villains | Other Characters | Legacy Characters
Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on the free versionnote of Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Inojin (blond), Shikadai (brunet) and Chocho (auburn).
- Curb-Stomp Battle: During the Mitsuki Disappearance arc even Boruto and Sarada working together were no match for them when they were working as a team.
- Generation Xerox: Like their parents and grandparents before them, they now form the new InoShikaCho trio.
- ¡Three Amigos!: 2 Boys (Shikadai and Inojin) and a Girl (Chocho)
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Most of their conversations are them trying to sass each other.
Voiced by: Kensho Ono (JP), Todd Haberkorn (EN), Edson Matus (Latin America, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4)
Debut: Naruto Chapter 700 (Manga), Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
Shikamaru and Temari's son. A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch. A former classmate and a close childhood friend of Boruto. A member of the seventeenth generation of Ino-Shika-Chou trio. Currently a chūnin in Team Moegi.
- Alliterative Family: Shikadai of course, shares first letters with his father, Shikamaru.
- Badass Family: Like with Boruto and Himawari, he comes from some pretty good genes. Shikamaru and Temari are his parents. The Fifth Kazekage (Gaara) and Kankurou are his uncles. His grandparents include Shikaku Nara and the Fourth Kazekage (Rasa).
- Big Brother Instinct: In an interesting parallel of their fathers' relationship, he himself shows tendencies of this towards Boruto. He tends to give Boruto advice and reprimand him when he doesn't act appropriately. Hinata is even constantly asking him to watch out for Boruto in the anime.
- Bishōnen: In Boruto: The Movie, he looks like a young Temari with Shikamaru's hair.
- Blow You Away: He has already mastered his mother's Sickle Weasel Technique and Dance of Turbulence.
- Brainy Brunette: Just like his father, he is raven-haired and is the man with the ideas and strategies in the team.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Because as Shikamaru's son, the best way to honor his father is to be just as lazy and unenthusiastic, while being the smartest kid of his generation.
- Brutal Honesty: Shikadai showed himself to be blunt and outspoken like his mother, telling Boruto that pursuing a prank during the Five Kage Summit was stupid.
- Butt-Monkey: Whether or not he is involved with Boruto's antics, Shikadai will also get scolded either by his teacher or his mother.
- Casting a Shadow: He wields his family's signature Shadow Possession jutsu, although he seems much more proficient with it, even creating a massive shadow circle to capture Boruto and all his clones in their fight.
- Catchphrase: "Mendokuse.", what else?
- Character Development: After the Chunin Exams and becoming a chunin himself, Shikadai became more rule abidding and strict. He also puts more heart into the things he does.
- Chess Motifs: He also enjoys playing shōgi. His possible representation is the pawn. He manages to destroy the Byakuya Gang plans, because he recognized the strategy Ryōgi, a member, used in the game.
- Child Prodigy: Like his father, his I.Q. is said to be over 200, and he also possesses the Kazekage bloodline. This is why he is said to be a prodigy of the new generation.
- Crazy-Prepared: He said he had at least 12 countermeasures in place if Boruto had used the Rasengan in their fight.
- A Day Inthe Limelight: Episode 97 revolves around Shikadai.
- Deadpan Snarker: Doesn't address his uncle Gaara properly, and when told to do so by Temari, responds by saying, "sup" and then asks for his other uncle.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In a non-canon Naruto SD anime spin-off, in which a boy who appears to be Shikadai himself and his non-canon, unnamed sister who looks like Temari.
- Family Theme Naming: Yet another generation of Ino-Shika-Cho, like his father and grandfather, and at least 16 generations before that, he's got "Shika" in his name.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: When Boruto, Shikadai, and Inojin play their favourite Role-Playing Game together, Shikadai is the armor-clad warrior.
- Friendly Rivalry: Shikadai has a small one with Boruto, in the manga he mentions disliking the idea of having lost to Boruto in the Chunin Exams although this was overturned once it was found that Boruto had cheated.
- Generation Xerox: Of all the Spin-Offspring featured in Boruto, Shikadai is the one who most closely resembles his father in terms of looks and personality. He is also the only one to become a chunin after the exams, just his father before him.
- Heroic Lineage: Shikadai is the son of Shikamaru and Temari. Although, on his mother's side, she started off as an antagonist in Part I.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He is Boruto's best friend. He later becomes close to his teammate Inojin.
- Hidden Depths: Despite showing little caring about winning or losing a battle, on the rare times he does it, he is shown putting a lot of heart in it. When he lost the battle against Boruto, even he was surprised at himself for being so disappointed and almost heartbroken, when his usual reaction would have been "What a drag".
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Initially Shikadai tries not to use his Wind ninjustus because he feels it reflects badly on his father and the Nara Clan to use the jutsu of outsiders.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: He gives up in his fight against Boruto after the latter makes numerous shadow clones after Shikadai had him beat. Shikadai is later declared the winner after it was revealed that Boruto was using a banned device and not his own abilities. The anime changes it to having Boruto advance and not Shikadai.
- The Leader: He is the unofficial internal leader of the newest Ino-Shika-Cho trio. His strategic mind makes him the mastermind time, but because he is a firm believer of "The Power of Friendship" he also shows characteristics of the charismatic type too.
- Like Parent, Like Child:
- Shikadai takes after his father, Shikamaru, in several ways, possessing a similar relaxed, unenthusiastic personality. He even gives up in the Chunnin Exam when things become too tough, frustrating Ino and amusing both Sakura and his mother, Temari.
- From his mother, Temari, he inherited her blunt manner (see his Brutal Honesty section).
- Mixed Ancestry: Shikamaru is from Konoha while Temari is from Suna.
- Nerves of Steel: He manages somehow to remain levelheaded and think of a plan despite facing a powerful and agile foe like Kokuyō.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears what appear to be jade stud earrings.
- Royal Blood: In Gaara Hiden: A Sandstorm Mirage, it is said he possesses the Kazekage bloodline, and if Gaara and Kankuro do not have children, Suna would seek to have him return there one day to succeed the title of Kazekage from his uncle Gaara.
- Shadow Pin: He can neutralize and control his enemies' movements with various Nara clan Hidden techniques.
- The Slacker: Temari's genes couldn't overcome this Nara trait. Shikamaru even lampshades this in the first chapter of Naruto Gaiden.
- The Smart Guy: He is the smartest of both Team Moegi and the six New Era Shinobi. His stats show that his intelligence stat is already 180. Definitely Shikamaru's son.
- The Strategist: He is in development of become a great tactician. During his fight against Boruto, Shikadai said he had at least 12 countermeasures in place if Boruto had used the Rasengan.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He is a young Shikamaru, with Temari's eyes and facial features, giving him a much more feminine appearance.
- Superior Successor: He is as smart as Shikamaru, but with Temari's strength and chakra pool. While Shikamaru at his age often struggled to stretch his shadow due to chakra issues, Shikadai has little trouble using the jutsu and can even completely cover a large area with his shadow, something Shikamaru has never shown. He easily defeats one of the favorites to win the Chunnin Exams in Yodo and then has little trouble in defeating Boruto until the latter uses the Kote that Naruto had forbidden to create a huge number of Shadow Clones. Compare that to Shikamaru who nothing was expected of in the Chunnin Exams.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Shikadai is 155cm (5'1"). He is 6 centimeters (3 inches) taller than every other Konoha next generation kid with the exception of Iwabee Yuino who is 3 years older.
- Unwitting Test Subject: Mirai would often use him to practice her genjutsu on. This also allowed him to learn a lot about genjutsu and how to release it long before his classmates learned about the subject.
Voiced by: Ryoko Shiraishi (JP), Colleen O'Shaughnessey (EN)
Debut: Naruto Chapter 700 (Manga), Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
Choji and Karui's daughter. A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch. A childhood acquaintance, former classmate and school friend of Boruto. A member of the seventeenth generation of Ino-Shika-Chou trio. Currently a genin in Team Moegi.
- Acrofatic: Despite her size, she's quite fast.
- Advertised Extra: Although she was a "main" character in the Naruto Gaiden, she practically has no lines in the movie and gets defeated fairly quickly by Shinki in the final part of the Chunnin Exam.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Kishimoto and the anime depicts Chocho as a dark-skinned girl with auburn hair, while Ikemoto draws her as a Dark-Skinned Blonde in the manga.
- All Love Is Unrequited: She gives a bag of chips to Mitsuki to symbolize her crush on him. Though he does try them with Orochimaru, Mitsuki admits that they're good but "not for him".
- Be the Ball: She can do the Human Bullet Tank jutsu but she dislikes it because of how it makes her look.
- Big Beautiful Woman: The anime team still portrays her as attractive with all her curviness.
- Big Eater: She skips a family training session to go off and eat dango with Anko.
- Big Fun: She is fat like her father and she's quite funny.
- Broken Pedestal: Chocho becomes very disappointed to learn that Tomaru is nothing more but a vain and shameless man, only interested in the beauty of Chōchō's Butterfly Mode. When he didn't recognized the normal Chocho, he began to mock her for her plumpness, crushing her feelings for him in the process. Chocho resolutes to not tell him the truth and continue the mission just for the sake of it.
- Changeling Fantasy: Fantasizes that one or both of her parents aren't really hers despite the obvious family resemblances. Mitsuki considers the possibility that she needs some real professional help, much to her annoyance. In the Boruto anime, a flashback shows that Chocho fondly remembers a slim-looking man taking care of her when she was ill, leading her to believe that man is her real father. This man of course was still Choji... only after activating his Butterfly Mode.
- Character Development: She receives some during her own arc. Appointed to guard her favorite actor, Chocho uses The Butterfly Mode jutsu to stay slim, despite weakening her considerable in the process, just to get the attention of the guy she likes. By the end of the arc, Chocho learns 2 lessons: to stay true to herself because quality is more important than physical appearance, and people who truly appreciate her will do it for who she is on the inside regardless of how she looks.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Naruto Gaiden proves Chocho to be a bit...eccentric.
- Comically Missing the Point: Constantly, it doesn't matter the subject, Chocho will manage somehow to make it romance related.
- Curbstomp Battle: Her battle against Shinki is just her throwing everything she has at him while he holds her in place and swats rocks back at her. She had absolutely no chance despite the fight she put up.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Was an Idiot Hero for thinking Choji and Karui are not her parents at first in Gaiden, until the end.
- Crush Filter: Boruto sees her with this after seeing her in her thin form for the first time.
- Daddy's Girl: Despite her "problems" with her parents, Chocho still has her dad pretty much wrapped around her lil fingie.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: She has her mother's dark complex, and a long auburn hair.
- Delayed Reaction: Sarada vents her frustrations on Sasuke for a while but it's only after she walks out that Chocho finally gets who Sasuke is.
- Demoted to Extra: In the Boruto movie, where she does not even get a speaking role. She only appears about four times in the whole movie.
- The Ditz: Chocho is not terribly bright and frequently misses the point of things, but she does have a candid wisdom about her at times.
- Family Theme Naming: Yet another generation of Ino-Shika-Cho, like her father and grandfather, and at least 16 generations before that, she's got "Cho" in her name.
- Fanservice Pack: During her own focus arc, Chocho spent most of her time on her Butterfly Mode to catch attention of the actor she crushes on. She is shown being slender, but more curvaceous then the other girls.
- Fat and Proud:
- Unlike her father who claims to be big boned, her reaction to Inojin calling her fat is to tell him a very nonchalant "yeah, so?". In fact it all comes from her father's bloodline. She is slightly more sensitive about her weight in Naruto Gaiden.
- She temporarily comes to dislike being cute and chubby and desired to solely be cute and slim when her favorite actor makes it clear he dislikes girls with some weight to them, She only regains her confidence after Mitsuki cheers her up making a chip metaphor about what's on the inside that matters.
- Fat and Skinny: Strong and chubby compared with lithe, agile Sarada.
- Fat Best Friend: To Sarada.
- Fiery Redhead: On the rare occasions where she is really fired up about something, she can have a temper to match for, and can become even physically aggressive when she is angry.
- Fun Personified: Chocho absolutely hates grim moments, and is often seen trying to relieve the tension by offering food, cracking jokes, talking about who she thinks her parents are, etc.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears her hair in a pair and is a flighty slacker.
- Girly Bruiser: She's a romantic at heart and has an eccentric nature but she can use her size-shifting arms to deliver powerful punches to the grounds smacking the debris at her opponent.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Has a close relationship with Sarada Uchiha.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Averted, despite her personality quirks. She warns Sarada not to trust Orochimaru, since that man... woman... whatever creeps her out.
- Hot Wings: Just liker her father, she can use Calorie Control jutsu that gives her butterfly wings made of blue flames.
- Innocently Insensitive: Constantly complains about her parents to Sarada, unaware of Sarada's inner turmoil about her own.
- Intergenerational Friendship: She and Anko bond over their love for sweets.
- In-Series Nickname: Inojin likes to call her "Debu" ("Fat/Fatty", "Chubs" in the English version).
- It's All About Me:
- She thinks Shin Uchiha was after her, and taken aback when she learns the purpose of Sarada's journey was to meet with Sasuke.
- She thinks all the boys are in love with her, even Naruto.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her self-centered attitude, Chocho is a brave kunoichi who cares about her friends.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: To contrast Sarada's raven-colored Boyish Short Hair, Chocho has auburn long hair which indicates her more girlish preocupations and style as a Girly Bruiser.
- Male Gaze: Out of all girls of the new generation, Chocho is the most exposed to moments of fanservice. She is the only female character to get Panty Shots and have her clothing gets teared for fanservice. The camera also tends to focus on her chest, best seen during Chocho's Arc.
- Mixed Ancestry: She's the product of an interracial relationship between two people from different countries.
- Panty Shots: If we get to see Sarada's underwear in the manga, well, for the anime, there is Chocho. In her fight with Shinki for example, there is a full shot of her underwear. Thankfully, just like Sarada, is revealed that she wears very tiny Modesty Shorts. But in the same time, just like Sarada, the revealing is still used as an opportunity for fanservice.
- Pass the Popcorn:
- She eats the bag of chips she had previously offered Sasuke while the battle between Naruto and Sasuke versus the Akatsuki wannabes rages outside the tower.
- She also eats sweets whenever Boruto and Sarada bicker. Often thinking "I'm not getting involved..."
- Peek-a-Bangs: Has a bang at the front which covers her left eye.
- Plucky Comic Relief: She serves as one for the Scarlet Spring Month, bringing points of levity to break up the drama in the story.
- Power Gives You Wings: She is able to do the Butterfly Transformation technique, turning excess calories into chakra and growing pink chakra butterfly wings in the process.
- Rapunzel Hair: Chocho's hair flows all the way down to her back.
- Sassy Black Woman: She acts this way.
- Serious Business: On the rare times Chocho is worked about something, is usually about boys or finding the perfect flavor of chips.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Chocho was never presented unattractive to begin with, but when she goes Butterfly Mode, everybody is bewitched by how beautiful she is as a slender tall girl. She is even shown in Bishie Sparkles from the point of view of some characters. Even Sarada blushes and ogles her for the most of ''Chocho's Arc''.
- Sizeshifter: Her main power, as passed down from her family most notably the Partial Expansion technique which is above the ability of fresh genin let alone an academy student.
- Skewed Priorities: The reason she's worried about someone destroying the Academy is that it may destroy the food as well.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Often talks how popular she is with boys. She isn't.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Chocho falls for every guy she deems as handsome.
- Stout Strength: She has great striking power but fairly poor stamina.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks quite alike to both her parents, with her features and build resembling Chouji and her eyes/hair/skin color resembling Karui. Amusingly, she thinks she is living a Changeling Fantasy because her personality is very different from theirs.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: When it comes to boys, Chocho seems to believe that she lives in a romance novel. She has the impression every boy is in love with her and mistakes Mitsuki's roasting as declarations of his love for her, that she in her mind, has to turn them down.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She is seen eating chips, just like a father, though is stated she likes foods just about anything.
- Tsundere: Chocho is usually very straightforward with what she feels to the point of being Innocently Insensitive, but during her own arc, she started to act like the "hard to get " tsu-tsun with a tough and indifferent demeanor to get Tomaru to like her. It works.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe (JP), Spike Spencer (EN), Benjamín Rivera (Latin America, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4)
Debut: Naruto Chapter 700 (Manga), Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
Sai and Ino's son. A genin of Boruto's graduating Academy batch. A childhood acquaintance, former classmate and school friend of Boruto. A member of the seventeenth generation of Ino-Shika-Chou trio. Currently a genin in Team Moegi.
- Art Attacker: He brings to life very colorful attacks.
- Art Initiates Life: Like his father. He thinks his father's artistic sense is really old-fashioned, though, drawing more cartoon-like figures rather than his father's elaborate Chinese inspired designs.
- Bishōnen: He does somewhat favor his mother, though his pale skin is from Sai. Also described as a "pretty young man" in the Boruto novel.
- Brutal Honesty: Like his father, he isn't afraid to say exactly what he thinks to people's faces and he doesn't even have the Emotion Suppression background his father has.
- Butt-Monkey: Chocho and Shikadai ditch him to slack off and leave him to face Ino's wrath on his own.
- Combat Medic: His data stats show that he has medical ninjutsu in his arsenal.
- Cool Sword: Like his father, he wields a short sword for close-quarters combat.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: "Riding on the Hokage's coattails, huh? Oops, did I just said that out loud?" ladies and gentlemen, Inojin's first spoken lines. And no, he didn't care about saying it loud.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is the smartass son of Ino and Sai for a reason.
- Family Theme Naming: Yet another generation of Ino-Shika-Cho, like his mother and grandfather, and at least 16 generations before that, he's got "Ino" in his name.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: When Boruto, Shikadai, and Inojin play their favourite Role-Playing Game together, Inojin is the lightning shooting mage. Amongst the new Ino-Shika-Cho trio, hes more frail and relies on the Super Beast Scroll and Mind Transfer Jutsu to defend himself.
- The Force Is Strong with This One: She is a Sensor type like his mother, but is not particularly interested in sensing, but he respects the people who put a hard work in this field.
- Grand Theft Me: He has mastered the secret technique of the Yamanaka clan allowing him to take over peoples bodies with the Mind Transfer Jutsu.
- Heroic Lineage: Inojin is the son of Ino and Sai.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: His bio says he is always with his best friend Shikadai.
- Horse of a Different Color: Like his father Inojin has the ability to create ink birds capable of carrying him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Like Ino and Sai, Inojin can be abrasive and caustic to his peers but he's a good kid deep down.
- Like Parent, Like Child:
- When Chōchō refuses to go along and instead goes to eat dango with Anko, he calls her fat, which showcased that he may have inherited a penchant for insensitivity from his father, Sai.
- He also seems to have inherited the role of being the most motivated of the trio from his mother, Ino.
- Lineage Comes from the Father: Inverted, emphasis is put on his mother's clan as a part of the Ino-Shika-Cho trio, which is also reinforced by the fact that his father is a man who only ever knew himself by a Code Name.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He is a blondy Bishōnen with shoulder length hair kept in a ponytail.
- The Medic: He has affinity for Medical_Ninjutsu.
- Mouthy Kid: Inojin can brazenly mouthy and insulting to pretty much everyone he meets.
- Nom de Mom: See above. Inojin has his mother's last name.
- Odd Friendship: With Himawari. Inojin even asks her of all people to teach him how to draw after he has problem trying to master his father's technique.
- Only Sane Man: He seems a little exasperated with his teammates' slacking and interest in eating.
- Squishy Wizard: While his chakra pool is pretty high and is adequate at kenjutsu and the Super Beast Scroll, Inojins physical abilities are lacking and against opponents that can counter his jutsu or like Arayas puppet durable enough to withstand his attacks or break free of the Mind Transfer, Inojin tends to fall quickly.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He's a mini-Sai with Ino's blond hair and eyes.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Akkun died in his arms, Inojin wanted to play it like he didn't care.Inojin: What an idiot. Coming all the way here at the most dangerous time... He wasn't even human, but I guess he thought we were friends. Good riddance to that clay doll! He was... such an idiot! [[starts to cry uncontrollably]]