Team 7 (Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, Mitsuki) | Team 10 | Other Teams | Other Leaf Village Members | Other Villages' Shinobi | Neo Akatsuki | Otsutsuki Clan | Kara | Other Villains | Other Characters | Legacy Characters
Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on the free versionnote of Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.
Voiced by: Saori Hayami, Yuuki Kuwahara (young) (JP), Melissa Fahn, Stephanie Sheh (young) (EN), Angélica Villa (Latin America, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4)
Debut: Naruto Chapter 700 (Manga), The Last: Naruto the Movie (Anime)
Naruto and Hinata's daughter and the younger sister of Boruto. Cute, kind and considerate of others, Himawari is the spitting image of her mother, the only difference being that she has inherited her father's blue eyes and "whiskers". Unlike her older brother, Himawari is a lot more patient and understanding of her father's busy schedule, though she yearns for him to be home all the same. Despite this, Himawari is not without a temper, and if one manages to actually get her angry...run.
She is the only person that Boruto will never act unruly around and the love the siblings have for one another is unrivaled.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Himawari is shown to be very mature for her young age, as she helps her mother with the housework and is quite patient with her often-absent father and his Hokage duties, in contrast to her brother.
- Affectionate Nickname: Both her brother Boruto and her father Naruto occasionally refer to Himawari as "Hima"
- Alliterative Family: Himawari shares her first letter with her mother, Hinata. By extension most of her mother's side of her family as well.
- Animal Motif: Pandas, she loves them. She has posters of them in her room and has a pink panda plushie she loves. Don't hurt it or she'll straight up DESTROY you!
- The Baby of the Bunch: Himawari is the youngest member of her family and the youngest Spin-Offspring.
- Badass Family: The daughter of the Seventh Hokage and the Byakugan Princess, she proves that not only is she precious, she kicks butt as well. Just ask Naruto and Boruto.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Similar to her mother and brother, Himawari can also use the Gentle Fist. She may have inherited her uncle Neji's genius since she can target a person's Tenketsu and completely shut them down in one move, as she did to Naruto accidentally.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Himawari is a sweet and kind little girl, but when she's pushed to the edge, she's a force to be reckon with. Boruto accidentally unlocked Himawari's dormant Byakugan when he tears her stuffed teddy bear and is running terrified from her throughout the house. Of course, that could be because the first thing she did with it was knock out her father with a Finger Poke of Doom.
- Big Brother Worship: She really cares about her big brother. The same is true in reverse.
- Blue Blood: She is considered to be part of nobility.
- Cheerful Child: It's in her name after all.
- Child Prodigy: While only a young child not even in the Academy, Himawari shows considerable potential, terrifying her prodigious older brother when angry and able to knock out her father, the Seventh Hokage, with a single blow. She hits him so hard that even Kurama could feel it! (This is presumably because she hit Naruto in the stomach, which is where Kurama's seal is.)
- It's supposed to be almost impossible to unlock the Byakugan without undergoing specific training to do it and even then many are unable to do so, yet Himawari unlocked it without any of that.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has her mother's blue hair and father's blue eyes.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The Last shows Himawari inherited her parents' clumsiness.
- The Cutie: She is quite adorable.
- Daddy's Girl: In contrast with Boruto, Himawari is quite patient about their father's new job as the Hokage.
- Death Glare: Gives two to her brother for accidentally ripping the head off her teddy bear in their tug of war for it: one when she awakens her Byakugan and another one when she knocks him into the hallway, ready to strike.
- The Dreaded: Played for Laughs. After awakening the Byakugan, knocking her dad and Kurama out and terrorizing her brother, Boruto is terrified of ever angering her again...and even Kurama, one of the strongest beings to ever exist and the demon fox who can lay waste to mountains with a sweep of a single tail is absolutely petrified of her.
- Exotic Eye Designs: She can change her normal eyes that's similar to her father's into the Byakugan she inherited from her mother.
- Eye Color Change: Himawari's eyes change from blue to white upon activating her Byakugan.
- Eye Scream: On the Boruto SD manga, she uses her Finger Poke of Doom on Sasuke's Sharingan knocking him out; this after he accidentally stepped on her favourite plushie.
- Facial Markings: Inherited Naruto's fox whiskers, but only two on each cheek.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Himawari's attack on Boruto after activating her Byakugan, which only consists of a single finger, was powerful enough to knock out Naruto. Hinata later finds him and surmises he will be out for an entire day. Let that sink in...Himawari knocked her father, the future Seventh Hokage and Jinchuriki of Kurama, the strongest tailed beast, out cold with one attack! That she had literally just learned how to use.
- Floral Theme Naming: Her name means "sunflower", which she brings as an offering to her uncle Neji's grave.
- Flower Motifs: Sunflowers, just like what her name means.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Unlike her brother, Himawari is quite mature for her age and is patient with her father's new busy job as the Hokage.
- Generation Xerox:
- Strangely, she inherits her paternal grandmother's ferocious temper. Also, she possibly inherited uncle Neji's genius.
- Much like her brother shares their father's dub actress in The Last, Himawari shares their mother's.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She adores her teddy bear and wants to take it everywhere with her. When Boruto accidentally destroyed it during a fight with her, it results in a Traumatic Superpower Awakening, so Himawari made him regret it...
- Hereditary Hairstyle: Her hairstyle resembles her mother's from Part I with her father's spikes.
- Heroic Lineage: She's the daughter of Naruto and Hinata, both of whom are veterans of the Fourth Shinobi World War and have saved the world on other occasions. Her father is also the reincarnation of Asura Ōtsutsuki, the younger son of the Sage of Six Paths; and her mother was dubbed the Byakugan Princess by Hamura Ōtsutsuki, the Sage of Six Path's brother.
- Idiot Hair: Has a small ahoge like her brother, sometimes it is drawn into a single pigtail.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Like her brother, her hair flares out on the sides and back, and she has an ahoge on the top of her head, which resembles the stem of a leaf.
- Instant Expert: Roughly seven seconds after unlocking the Byakugan, Himawari seals Naruto's chakra and puts him out for the rest of the day with a single strike. She wasn't even aiming for him. Seems like Boruto's not the only one to inherit his grandfather's genius...
- Instant Kill: As she did to her father, paralyzing him by hitting the tenketsu on his belly, the center of his chakra network.
- It Runs in the Family: Inherited her mother's kindness and consideration. She also inherited her grandmother Kushina's temper as she chases Boruto throughout the house, complete with a demonic look; the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero lives on!
- Lamarck Was Right: Himawari and Boruto have Naruto's fox whiskers even though they are not a genetic trait, though Naruto also had fox whiskers prior to becoming a jinchuriki as a result of one of his parents being Kurama's host.
- Little Miss Badass: If you're the offspring of two very powerful parents, then what do you expect? Himawari proves that size and age doesn't matter when it comes to power. Boruto must really regret ripping her teddy bear.
- The Load: Her mere presence in front of Delta allows her to be easily taken hostage and used to exploit a weakness in Naruto; Himawari couldn't even properly defend herself due to her age and inexperience.
- Magic Eye: She possess the Byakugan, giving her Aura Vision, X-Ray Vision, Vein-o-Vision, True Sight and telescopic view.
- Meaningful Name: Himawari (向日葵) is a Japanese word for "sunflower". When reversed, the first two kanji spell "Hyuga" (日向), which can also be read "Hinata," making her name a reference to both her mother and the Hyuga clan.
- Modest Royalty: Just like her mother, Himawari has very modest style and she doesn't seem to be abusing her status like her brother. Even her birthday in the movie is too small and humble for a princess like her.
- Morality Pet: Confident and arrogant, Boruto easily clashes with the people around him but towards his sister Himawari, he is quite the gentle and doleful brother.
- Nice Girl: Himawari is shown to be a considerate and kind-hearted person...as long as you don't make her angry. If you do, pray that her wrath is brief.
- Odd Friendship: She bonds with Inojin over their love for art.
- Panda-ing to the Audience: Her Animal Motif.
- The Paralyzer: Himawari can use the Gentle Fist and her Byakugan to easily locate the tenketsu and render even her father, the Hokage, unconscious with one blow on his belly.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: What she says to Boruto after knocking him against a wall and she starts to point her finger at him: Lock-On!
- Royal Blood: Her family is treated as Konoha's nobility.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Boruto. While her brother is an immature troublemaker that is always complaining about their father being too busy with work, Himawari is nice, considerate and very mature for her age. Also unlike Boruto, she's quite patient with her father being busy at work.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Don't let that sweet demeanor fool you; like her mother, she can be pretty strong when she wants to be, to terrifying levels. Poor Boruto and Naruto.
- Slasher Smile: When chasing Boruto through the house, she sports a downright psychotic grin, with her Byakugan giving her the appearance of having Glowing Eyes of Doom.
- Spoiled Sweet: Unlike her brother, Himawari is a complete sweetheart and she even helps her mother with the housework. Naruto tends to dote on her when he can, even picking her terrible art as the winner of a village painting competition.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To both her parents. She has her mother's blue hair, and her father's blue eyes and facial markings, but a different hairstyle. Her resemblance to Hinata becomes more pronounced when she has her Byakugan activated, and she adopts her father's and most of all her paternal grandmother's mannerisms when she's sufficiently angered, such as pointing threateningly at Boruto. Her smile and face shape also resembles Naruto's.
- Sunny Sunflower Disposition: She has a cheerful disposition that matches her name.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Her shirt in the epilogue is patterned to resemble a sunflower.
- Terrible Artist: She's comically bad at drawing at an adorable level, like Rukia Kuchiki level adorably bad. If you look closely around the Uzumaki household you'll see her drawings everywhere.
- Theme Naming: Her name matches the Hyuga clan's sun motif.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Unlike her disrespectful brother, Himawari knows of the importance of her father's position and doesn't complain. She is also capable of helping her mother in household chores.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: One of the very few people with blue hair, the other being her mother.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A, her black socks shows only her upper thighs.
Scientific Ninja Weapons Team
Debut: Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Anime), Boruto Chapter 1 (Manga)
The head of Konoha's Science Ninja Tool development team.
- The Atoner: Feels horrible for his actions during the Chunnin Exams and is trying to get back in everyone's good graces. He succeeds.
- The Engineer: He has devised many different kinds of advanced ninja tools which he uses in battle.
- Cyber Ninja: A less flashy version of what normally comes with this trope but he relies primarily on high tech ninja tools in battle.
- Foil: To Orochimaru, both are (albeit a different degree of) Mad Scientists who constantly experiment with ninjutsu in order to understand it better; but while Orochimaru performed unethical human experimentation and his main goal is obtaining power, Katasuke's goal is knowledge itself and to find ways to improve the quality of ninjas. He becomes a more typical evil scientist during the Chuunin Exams, due to a genjutsu being put on him.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He has developed many different devices and experimental ninja tools.
- Manchild: The Anime portrays him as this, as he always has a child-like enthusiastic disposition and also he is shown as a collector of videogames and shares his passion of them with Boruto. Other characters lampshade this.
- Nice Guy: Despite being eccentric, he's a good friend of the Uzumaki family and genuinely wants to use science to aid the world at large. To his colleagues, it became very surprising when he starts acting out of character during the Chunnin Exam, revealed to be the result of being placed in a Genjutsu by Koji and Ao. He goes back to his "normal" personality after being freed.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Downplayed but his inventions were stolen by Kara to make their organization stronger, even unknowingly aiding one of their Outer members, Ao, with his prosthetics.
- Power Armor: He has developed an experimental suit which allows him to absorb ninjutsu.
- Power Nullifier: He devised a gauntlet capable of absorbing and negating ninjutsu after observing Momoshiki's Rinnengan do so.
Akita Inuzuka and ChamaruAkita Inuzuka is a kunouichi in Konoha's Science Ninja Tool development team. Her partner is Chamaru, a ninken who lost one of his legs on a mission.
- The Beastmaster: The basis of the Inuzuka clan's secret techniques is combining ones prowess with a dog trained in ninjutsu from a young age.
- Canine Companion: Everyone in her clan has at least one of these. Chamaru is hers.
- Meaningful Name: "Akita" happens to be a particular dog breed that is thought to have originated in a region of Japan. Also, "Inuzuka" is literally translated "dog mound", both referencing the clan's Animal Motif.
Voiced by: Eri Goda (JP), Sarah Williams (EN)
The daughter of Asuma and Kurenai, first seen as an infant in Part II and an adolescent in the epilogue.
- All There in the Manual: Her name is not given in the manga but revealed in the Databook that came out with The Last to be Mirai.
- Ancestral Weapon: She wields her father's trench knives as her main weapons, they were passed down to her from Shikamaru after she became a chunin.
- Bifauxnen: So much so that it took Word of God to confirm she was a girl.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: She's working as the bodyguard of Naruto, and occasionally of Kakashi.
- Cool Big Sis: She is close to Shikadai and often picks on him in a sisterly manner and he mentions she taught him how to release genjutsu. She is also close to Boruto who calls her "big sis" and she affectionately refers to him as a brat.
- Eager Rookie: She is very skilled for her age and takes her duties seriously to the point of amusement of her elders who think she can take it easier.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Barely averted. When bathing in a Hot Springs in Episode #108 of Boruto, she hears Guy cry out. Thinking he's in danger, Mirai, who was assigned to be his bodyguard, was fully prepared to rush in to help him despite the fact she was totally nude at the time. Tenten has to restrain her from doing so and later chastises her for almost Streaking through the building.
- Genki Girl: Mirai is very, very perky and outgoing.
- Heroic Bastard: Conceived out of wedlock, her parents were never able to get married because of Asuma's death. Possibly averted as Kurenai has a wedding band and is officially named "Kurenai Sarutobi" since the reveal.
- Heroic Lineage: She's the only daughter of Asuma and Kurenai, also making her the granddaughter of the Fourth Hokage and a member of the illustrious Sarutobi clan.
- Master-Apprentice Chain: Shikamaru, who was her father's student, became her teacher at one point.
- Master of Illusion: Like her mother she is skilled with genjutsu.
- Meaningful Name: Mirai is Japanese for Future, highlighting the fact that she was born in a warring era and grew up during a time of peace.
- Messy Hair: As an adolescent, Mirai sports an uncombed mop of hair that she comments is unruly and untamable.
- Praetorian Guard: She is one of the Hokage Guard Squad, normally guarding Naruto but her duty also extends to Kakashi.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Kurenai was pregnant with Mirai when Asuma died. Appropriately enough, her name means "Future" in Japanese.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks exactly like Kurenai, save for cutting her hair much shorter and more closely to her father's style (as much as the natural waviness that her mother's hair allows, anyway). But her smirk is 100% Asuma.