Axis Powers Hetalia
- Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: After Germany pulled out a Browning Hi Power on Japan and Japan pulled out his katana on Germany, Italy screamed one word for them to stop."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
- In Hellsister Trilogy, Linda Danvers introduces her new beau Dev-Em—who is secretly a 31st century Legionnaire—to her landlady Ida Berkowitz, who grows concerned with Linda dodging every question regarding her new boyfriend's mysterious personal life. So, when Ida asks if Linda could take her to his workplace...Ida: Seems to be hiding something. 'Security consultant'? So all right. Maybe he is. Maybe he's got to be Mr. Secret to do his job. You sure this is really what he does?
Linda: Sure as I can be.
Ida: Like how? You been to his place of business? Could you take me?
Linda: NO! I mean, yes, I've been there, and no, I couldn't take you. He made an exception for me.
- This is Damian's reaction when he's told Bruce and Selina are expecting a baby, early in Batman: Grudge Match. At the start of the next chapter, Alfred is sweeping up glass from a window, implying Damian's scream shattered it.
- With this Ring... (Green Lantern):
- Exclaimed by Hector Hammond when Hal Jordan takes advantage of his low mental defenses to escape his death trap and retaliate.Then he felt a pressure in his own mind. A pressure which rivalled any to which he had subjected a foe. The mentalist's defenses went into operation, but it was a bit late. After all, when an enemy has transformed his body into an analogue of mental energy and sped up the telepathic pipe into your mind, such an action is closing the gate once the horse has bolted.
- Screamed by the Predator when he gets blasted into oblivion.A purple burst of light cleaved through the roof of the throneroom, smashed into the force-ball, and crushed it into the Predator's body.
A light of terror went on in his eyes as he shouted, "NOOOOO!", before finally and totally combusting out of existence.
- Exclaimed by Hector Hammond when Hal Jordan takes advantage of his low mental defenses to escape his death trap and retaliate.
- In Dragon Ball Z Abridged:
- From episode 10:Goku: Kaioken...
Goku: ... times...
Vegeta: No no no no!
Goku: ... FOUR!
Vegeta: No no no no FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...!!!!!
- Additionally, Vegeta's response to Ghost Nappa.
- Plus there's Mecha Freeza's reaction to learning that he blew up Planet Namek and the dragon balls from King Cold, in a scene that is very much like Vader's in Revenge of the Sith.
- From episode 10:
- In The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Link gets one when he involuntarily leaves King Daphnes behind in the flooding Hyrule.Link: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!
- In Lincoln's Memories, Lincoln shouts, "NO!" at his birthday cake being knocked over.
- In A Prize For Three Empires, Carol Danvers lets one out, combined with remorseful tears, when she finds out Zenith, a Shiar guardsman she killed during a battle, was her friend Razas brother:Warbird looked up, her eyes closed and tearing, her fists clenched, and shouted one great word that filled the cabin.
- In X-Men: The Early Years, Iceman gets one:"Are we there yet?" Bobby Drake whined for about the thousandth time. Scott Summers just sighed. Hank McCoy rolled his eyes. Warren chuckled humorlessly to himself and Jean was going to start losing her temper.
"NO!" Was the reply that quickly came from all his teammates.
- X-Men 1970: Uttered by the leader of an extremist group when Cyclops asks if fear of being conscripted is his chief motivation.Cyclops: So, you're doing this because you're afraid of the draft?
- A Crown of Stars: Asuka combined this trope with Rapid-Fire "No!" in chapter 5. When Asuka insists that she does not need anyone and she has an agreement, Daniel points out that it is very fragile and she fears that it will not last... And then what? She will try to kill herself again?She hadn't cried, not even the day they buried her Mama. She would not cry now. She would not. 'Don't take him away. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be alone.' "I don't... ...need anyone. My arrangement-"
"Is a hollow shell, that you both fear and expect to collapse at some point. Then what? Water again? Or this time the barrel of a gun in your mouth?" Daniel said quietly, his words hitting Asuka harder than if hed been shouting them. "Or a twist of hemp like your mother, feet in the air?"
"NO! Nononononono! I...I...STOP IT!"
- Advice and Trust: In chapter 4 Asuka shouts one when a classmate severely misunderstands Rei:Rei:"Though I believe this bond predates that session. Ikari is the first person Pilot Soryu ever let inside her Entry Plug."
Tanaka:"Is... is she talking about-"
- Evangelion 303: Asuka screamed it several times after Jessika told her that she could not be with her yet.
- HERZ: Exclaimed by the SEELE members when the Children took control of their newest MP-EVAs.
- The One I Love Is: When Shinji saw the MP-EVAs had chopped Unit-02 into pieces and possibly killed Asuka he screamed a very big and anguished "no":I opened my eyes and then saw a scene that will probably haunt me the rest of my life. I saw nine white EVAs, circling around what was left of Headquarters. And in their hands, or even worse, their mouths, they held the remains of what had once been Unit-02.
- Don't Keep Your Distance: Paint the Seedrian-Fox when she realizes the cave wall she was digging out with Alice the Hedgehog has collapsed, likely imprisoning them forever. They're fine in a couple chapters.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, Tristan gets one that the credits cut off after Joey tells him that they have to go back to school now that the tournament is over.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged About card games on motorcycles:Jack: COME ON, CROW, LET'S GO PLAY A CARD GAME, WHILE STANDING COMPLETELY STILL...ON. THE. GROUND.Yusei: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- In Tales for the Leet's Romeo and Juliet, Juliet has an especially Big No after finding Romeo dead, taking three lines of dialogue to complete and ending with multiple !s and 1s.
- z3ll58 does a very good and long No in his "Let's Play Final Fantasy 6" when Leo dies.
- The beginning of Christian Humber Reloaded, when the title hero sees his owners killed. He then follows this up with "WHOEVER DID THIS WILL PAY DEARLY, BECAUSE I LOVED THEM?"
- Happens at least once per chapter in ''Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami, since people are constantly "sexing" and dying and coming back to life and dying again.
- StarKitsProphcy has one of these about once every other chapter later in the story. Or, due to Rouge Angles of Satin, a big "MOOOOO" or "OOOOOO." Or possibly "NOOOOOO999999999 OOOOOOOO". Or, in one case, "IIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE !1!", apparently as Gratuitous Japanese.
- In A Day in the Life of a Commissar, a Dawn of War Machinima, Commissar Steeve does this when he's told Galactic Starbucks is out of coffee. He stops to ask "Really? What kind?" once he's told that there is, in fact, some coffee left. And finishes when he's told it's decaf.
- In Deserving, everyone has No Indoor Voice especially when uttering the word "no", which appears in ALLCAPS as often as not.
- In Revenge Road, Kyosuke wakes up after realizing that the previous events, Hikaru killing him and Madoka was All Just a Dream. Madoka then gets up to answer the door, like she did before, and when Kyosuke realizes what time it is, he runs down the stairs yelling "Midnight? Oh no! Madoka! StOP! NOOOOooooooo!", only to find that he is too late as Madoka gets shot and the fic ends.
- In The Rob Chronicles Rob does one when Chrome dies.
- And again when Web dies.
- In Modurn Warfare 3 The Dead Rise, Qwaritch gets an extremely long one as he sees Jak die, and Ian Hawk gets one when he's decapitated and eaten by a fellow prisoner.
- Harry Potter:
- This occurs twice in Oh God Not Again!; once by Fred and George when they see the Quidditch field is now a hedge and again by Harry when he finds out Hermione won fifty points (again) after he dedicated himself to losing the House Cup.
- In 3 Slytherin Marauders young Tom Riddle gives one after the Sorting Hat sorts him into Gryffindor.
- In Losing Control Voldemort and all of his Death Eaters yell one when Azrael announces that as punishment they'll have to spend the next thousand years serving Muggleborn as house elves.
- In Harry Potter and the Fold Harry yells one after a nightmare where the ghosts of Cedric and his parents say he should've died in their place and the figure coming out of the cauldron after Voldemort's resurrection is himself.
- In Nobody Cared Snape yells one during a nightmare about Remus almost killing him during his sixth year.
- In Emancipation Hermione yells one when Macnair kills Crookshanks.
- In Hand Delivered Letter Harry yells one when he hallucinates that the troll is his Uncle Vernon.
- In Snape's Worst Nightmare, chapter 7 ("Them v Us"), Snape lets out a huge "NO!" when Isabella Weasley manages to get the Snitch in a game between the Weasley-Potter team and the Slytherin team. He had bet Harry that he would never punish the Weasley-Potter cousins if they won.
- A meta example from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality: Early in the story, based on the Quibbler headline about how Harry gets Malfoy pregnant, the author got several e-mails asking if Luna was a seer, and if the story was going to turn into an HPDM bottom!Malfoy mpreg fic. The author regretted that fanfiction.net did not allow a larger font with which to say NO.
- In Harry Potter and the Trip to the Past the basilisk yells one when Harry and Snape use roosters to kill it.
- In Wargs and Peace, when the company Thorin is dead, Fili yells this.
- My Immortal uses it a lot.
- In Claimed Molly Weasley yells a ludicrously long one when Ginny kills herself.
- In The Circle Fred and George yell a deliberately melodramatic one in unison when Dumbledore announces the cancellation of Quidditch at the start of Harry's fourth year.
- In Harry the Hufflepuff 2 Harry yells one when the conductor of the Knight Bus realizes that he forgot to switch the bus out of "night mode" and all of the beds are replaced with uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs.
- In Not the Only Redhead Mrs. Weasley yells one when Bill and Charlie are arrested on suspicion of having beaten Harry half to death in Hogsmeade.
- In The Consort Tournament Dolores Umbridge yells one when Bellatrix Lestrange asks if she wants to "play with her."
- In It All Started With a Visit to Gringotts Sirius' portrait yells one when it discovers Snape is Harry's boyfriend.
- In Make a Plan Fenrir Greyback yells one when Dumbledore cures his lycanthropy during a werewolf attack.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- In chapter 17 of Ace Combat: The Equestrian War, Fluttershy screams "N-NO! NO!!!" before flying into Unstoppable Rage and defeating Night Raven.
- Firefly does a much bigger "NOOOOOO!!!" when she wakes up from her Catapult Nightmare at the beginning of the next chapter.
- The Immortal Game: Nihilus screams one of these when Twilight regains control of their body long enough for the Elements of Harmony to be used on them and destroy Nihilus.
- Inner Demons has Queen!Twilight Sparkle give one of these when Trixie protects her from a sword attack only to be impaled herself.
- The Monster Mash: The Cavalry announces her arrival with one in Fluttershy: The Curse of the Night.
- Nyx's dramatic "No! No no no no no NOOOO!!!" in chapter 3 of Past Sins definitely qualifies, not to mention her many other Rapid Fire Nos.
- In the Pony POV Series, during the Final Battle with second Big Bad Nightmare Whisper, the undead foal inside Nightmare Whisper's crystal heart lets one out when Fluttercruel's Element Of Kindness manifests, allowing the Mane Cast to utilize the Elements against her.
- In Turnabout Storm, Cruise Control yells these out to himself so much it's almost a catchphrase of sorts, near the point of a Verbal Tic. There are some other moments where it's used more appropiately though, like by Rainbow when Phoenix starts to see through her lies.
- In chapter 17 of Ace Combat: The Equestrian War, Fluttershy screams "N-NO! NO!!!" before flying into Unstoppable Rage and defeating Night Raven.
- In the Tamers Forever Series The Nightmare does this when struck by Gallantmon and Sakuyamon's Dual Force: Spirit of Chaos technique.
- From the Calvinverse:
- Nebular and another alien exchange a long flurry of these and Big Yeses in Calvin and Hobbes: The Movie.
- Retro pulls one in Can You Imagine That? when the Imaginator is destroyed.
- Calvin does one in Which Way is Where? after he finds the Tree Huggers International letter.
- In Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, Dr. Brainstorm is fond of these.
- Calvin does one in the unofficial story The Pez Dispenser and the Reign of Terror when the duplicate sets Halley's Comet on course for Earth.
- The duplicate pulls another one when Calvin takes control of the PEZ 6,000,000 and sets it to destroy the comet they're on.
- In the pro wrestling fic, Hello Again, Molly Holly has one when she realized she was betrayed by her own protege, Natalya.
- In One Hundred Days, Warp Darkmatter screams one at the end of the prologue, combining The Unreveal (at least until over a third of the way into the first chapter, which is long) with a momentary Go Mad from the Revelation.
- In the Megas XLR / Touhou Project fanfic Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness, Patchouli has one of these when most of her library is destroyed by Coop during the Alternate Ending.
- In The End of Ends, Starfire gives one off when Tamaran is blown up.
- In the Death Note Slash Fic Welcome To The Family Light gives one when he realizes that those strong emotions he feels for L might just be something other than hate.
- Kumiko Akamine of Despair's Last Resort delivers one after discovering the hanging corpse of her childhood best friend Chiyo.
- An Easter Egg on the website that hosts Boy Scouts ½ presents the first story in a proposed alternate universe retelling placing the characters in a world based on Tenchi Muyo! rather than one based on Ranma ½. The entire text of the story consists of one word presented in a gigantic font: "No!"
- This Transformers Mosaic "The Final Lesson" has the Student of Marvel's Aspects of Evil storyline appear and demand an audience with the Planet Eater God of Evil Unicron from The Fallen. He gets it...and is horrified to realize what's happened when he finally gets it.
- In the House/Archer crossover fanfic Identity Crisis, House and Foreman do a simultaneous one when Archer draws a bead on an extremely high (and naked) Wilson. It Makes Sense in Context.
- This Bites!:
- Everyone's response to when, after the Grand Line's weather between Reverse Mountain and Whiskey Peak, Zoro complains about them waking him up for that and asks if they could have handled it themselves.
- Cross finally makes Vivi snap by accusing her of being a bounty hunter out of sadistic pleasure, resulting in this.
- This is the crew's response when Cross breaks out the Stink Bomb bug repellent lotion on Little Garden. Cross vetos it.
- This is the crew's response when Cross threatens to use his new foghorn to make an enraged Nami calm down enough to listen to reason.
- In With Strings Attached, at the climax, when it becomes clear to Kerrun and Sapsa that the four are going to make off with the Vasyn, they scream No! To which the four triumphantly respond with a Big "YES!"!
- In the Cuphead fan comic from DeviantArt, "Cagney Is a Carnation" by fuyuflowga, during the battle for the Soul Contract, Cuphead yells out this one when he sees Cagney Carnation (reluctantly) murder his brother Mugman, triggering his Relative Button in his effort to destroy the flower for the contract (both Mugman and Cagney eventually get better).
- In Neither a Bird nor a Plane, it's Deku!, Hisashi Midoriya combines this with Rapid-Fire "No!" while arguing with his wife about adopting the baby alien he and his wife fished out of the crashed spaceship near Mt. Fuji, punctuated with a stream of fire from his fire-breathing Quirk.Hisashi: No.
Inko: [about the baby] He looks like a normal baby-
Inko: -and everyone's probably looking for a big, green, monster man.
Inko: It's hard to find something when it's hiding in plain sight-
Inko: -so if we don't want anyone to know we were involved in this, I was thinking that-
Hisashi: NO! [stream of fire shoots out of his mouth]
- All Might has this reaction after the Ultra-Humanite blasts Izuku off Mt. Fuji, quickly following this with a This Is Unforgivable!.
- Darkern Edgier in The (Edit) War for Ashs Freedom to not be Betrayed does this when he realize his attempt were utterly for naught.
- In Peanuts fanfic Everybodys Gotta Leave Sometime, Charlie Brown shouts a loud, firm "No" when Lucy wants to pull the Football Gag for the last time during their final farewell."Charlie Brownnnn," called Lucy, ominously.
He looked in her direction.
She was holding a football.
"Where'd you get that?" he asked, wonderingly.
"That isn't important. The thing is, I'll hold it while you run up and kick it."
- In Lincoln is Done, a fanfiction of The Loud House, Lincoln shouts, "NO!!" during his nightmare of his sisters sending him to Hell.
- In Irrational Fear, a fanfic of The Loud House, Lisa shouts, "NO!" when Lincoln suggests they go upstairs because she's afraid of thunder.
- In The Loud House fanfic Boys And Girls, Lori shouts, "NOOOO" with nine "O"s after finding out she can't go on Lincoln's "date with Hugh".
- In NUMB3RS story Anxiety Charlie says this when Shelly Arbury is about to stab Don in the heart.
- The Bolt Chronicles: Mittens and Rhino give a short but emphatic "NO!" (in unison, no less) in "The Ski Trip" when Bolt asks if they want to hear about the dead mouse he was rolling in the other day.