WMG: Kingdom Hearts III
open/close all folders
True Organization XIII Speculation
Ansem The Wise is one of Xehanort's vesselsIf you look at the flashbacks in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, you can notice that his ears are more round and his eyes are darker. As DiZ, his skin appears to be the same tone as Xehanort's Heartless, and his eyes and ears are closer to Xehanort's other vessels.
Marluxia is one of the ThirteenXigbar and Saix are two of Xehanort's bodies and they weren't seen with the resurrected other members so he could be a vessel as well for Master Xehanort. Either he made him into one as punishment for what he tried to do in Castle Oblivion or he offered it to him and he accepted.
- Seconding Marluxia: Young Xehanort, as the Mysterious Figure, used several of Marluxia's signature moves, and his battle theme even incorporated part of Marluxia's Leitmotif. This points to a significant connection between Xehanort and Marluxia.
- On the other hand it's also possible that Marluxia didn't appear there because he didn't become a Heartless/Nobody there, or maybe he wasn't restored seeing how apparently nobodies only return to their original forms if their heartless was killed first, and the Grim Reaper, which is probably Marluxia's heartless was destroyed after him.
Luxord is a vesselHe's Nomura's favorite Nobody, after all. And let's not forget that his specialty is time manipulation, which is something that Xehanort is getting a kick out of.
Disney villains will become part of the OrganizationI don't think I need to explain.
- No one represents Xehanort like Gaston?
- Prince Hans from Frozen
- Scar, Turbo, and Frollo would be good candidates. All three of them have so much darkness in their hearts. Scar didn't need to possess anyone to keep his physical form, Turbo would be able lo hide the fact that he's half Xehanort already by his King Candy disguise, and we know Frollo is just pure evil. Yes, they're too arrogant to really submit to anyone, let alone let someone else be the leader. But Isa was implied to have been brainwashed, proving that Xehanort is perfectly willing to force people into his Thirteen Darknesses if he thinks they're worthy. Scar could be mutated into a bipedal lion of sorts, like a Nortified lion as fan-art has often done.
- Evanora could be one if Xehanort doesn't mind the implications. She doesn't look like she's "Half Xehanort already" because she is hiding her true appearance using her necklace. When the necklace comes off, it's obvious that she's already half Xehanort, with the Recusant sigil being in plain sight. At first she tried to make Glinda into a recusant, but when that failed, turned to Theodora... and Xehanort, being Xehanort, decided that since Glinda couldn't be a recusant, she could be one of the seven lights since she would be more than happy to join the fight against Evanora for what she did to Theodora.
- I personally think live action characters of either gender are unlikely, but if you think Xehanort wouldn't have a problem with a female vessel, what about Lady Tremaine?
- Hiro From Big Hero 6. When the scene where they find out that Callaghan is Yokai, a common fan idea is what would have happened if Hiro had put on the mask instead of ripping out Baymax's chip. KH will instead go down that route and Hiro will become one of the thirteen Seekers.
- I would hate that so much if that happened. So would Ryan Potter.
One or more new Original Generation characters will be a part of Xehanort's XIII
- This includes any alternate form of Xehanort that has yet to be introduced.
Young Xehanort is NOT one of the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness.
- Keep in mind that this was him before he embraced the darkness meaning he should still be aligned with Light. Not only that but in the end of Dream Drop Distance when we see the thirteen gather then all the thrones are taken while Young Xehanort is still standing in the middle. My guess is that he is just the gatherer of the thirteen but not a part of them. As such I think there is a good chance that Sora is one of the thirteen, whether he wants to or not.
- Fansite KHInsider interviewed Ben Diskin, Young Xehanort's voice actor, shortly after Dream Drop Distance's international release. Interestingly, he noted that when reading, he actually received the direction to make his voice less evil and brooding and more flat and ambiguous, for the same reason as OP listed first—this is a younger version of Xehanort, yes, but at this point he hasn't fully chosen Darkness or Light yet.
- He appears sitting on one of the thrones very briefly when all the Xehanorts start to fade. Right after Xigbar but before Saix. Before that while he's still talking to Riku the panning shot of all the cloaked figures only shows ten making thirteen in including Young Xehanort, Master Xehanort and Sora. He might still not appear in the next game though as he said he had to return to his own time but it looks like he was definitely intended to be a Seeker of Darkness for this particular gathering.
Sephiroth is/will be one of Xehanort's vessels.As noted elsewhere, he is the only other person in the series that invokes the White Hair, Black Heart trope, so might as well get him in there too. Maybe getting part of Xehanort's spirit will be his version of being part of JENOVA.
In the event of a Bravely Default crossoverAiry would be a vessel. She already has the White Hair going as well as a tendency for her wings to change and incorporate symbols so an X would be within the realm of possibility
Replica Riku is one of Xehanort's darknesses.This is very likely. Not only did a cloaked Riku appear inside Monstro (just before getting the chronicle for Chain of Memories) but way back in Chain Of Memoris Repliku *absorbed Zexion's darkness*. He easily could have unknowingly saved Zexion from becoming a vessel and made himself one by mistake.
- If we take time travel into account, then that could just as easily be the real Riku, snatched from before he let Ansem possess him and long before his resulting Heel-Face Turn. In addition, it would explain the "fake" Riku you encounter in the first game if you wait to complete Monstro until after you finished Hollow Bastion. And they say Nomura doesn't plan these things in advance...
Xehanort will get to Ven before the heroes doAfter all, with Sora still (unintentionally) withholding Ven's heart from his body, there's nothing to stop them from finding Ventus and using him as another vessel. Well, except Castle Oblivion itself, but nothing More Dakka and a few cure spells won't fix.
Zidane Tribal will be one of the thirteen darknesses.Zidane was created as a living weapon by Garland. Even though he's a good guy when acting of his own free will, Xehanort manipulating him into being the Angel of Death he was intended to be is well within the realm of possibility, especially given that Xehanort has already tried to corrupt Sora. Plus, it would give them an excuse to recruit Bryce Papenbrook to add to their list of Celebrity Voice Actors.
No Heart is one of the thirteen darknesses and is a Xemnas possessed Terra.After Ansem and Xemnas were slain they obviously merged back into one yet Master Xehanort is his old self again so in all likelyhood Xehanort extracted his heart from Terra and Xemnas's body leaving Xemnas's heart to take over and since Terra has Darkness in his heart Xemnas is able to use it to fill up the emptiness inside his own heart while giving him immense powers over Darkness which is what we see during the No Heart battle in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Whether he is loyal to Xehanort or The Starscream is unknown.
Alternatively No Heart is the sixth Foreteller and is secretly possessing Xehanort's Keyblade.Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix reveals that Xehanort's Keyblade has a will of it's own and No Heart can't be targeted while the Keyblade isn't attached not to mention the Keyblade having an animal theme and the blue eyed Keychain like all Foretellers have... No Heart will be the Final Boss of Kingdom Hearts III
Alternatively No Heart is the the Foretellers' master and Maleficent.Maleficant mentioned intrest in the prophetic tomes given to the Foretellers and has an interest in claiming the Datascape because she thinks it would help her rewrite the tomes for her own purposes. Also should be mentioned is that Xehanort's Keyblade is called the oldest so what if Maleficant not only created the prophetic tomes fortelling the Light's destruction and the rise of Darkness(something she wants), sent them through time alongside herself yet also invented the Keyblade in imitation of the χ-blade. It would explain why Xehanort's Keyblade is so similar to her own design...
Krux is one of the Thirteen.Seriously the guy has so many similarities with Xehanort it is hard not to think him as one. Both where former master of their trade that got consumed by their ambitions.
Kairi is a vesselBefore the logic of this is called into question, it's not the current Kairi. It's Kingdom Hearts one Kairi, whose body was literally heartless for a good majority of it and thus prime vessel material for the same reason as Ventus. An empty body with no heart and (mostly, especially compared to Ven) unguarded is basically a free vessel, and it's doubtful someone like Xehanort would pass that opprotunity up.
- The downside to this is that Kairi is a natural Princess of Heart, not an artificial one like Ventus, which means she may possess an immunity to darkness like Riku does, which would make her worse than useless as a Xehanort vessel. On the other hand, this would explain why Namine can use dark portals even though she's the nobody of someone with zero darkness in her heart.
Braig and Xigbar are two separate incarnations of Master XehanortMy only evidence is the outfits. In Kingdom Hearts 2.5 secret ending, it is implied the events in this clip took place before Birth By Sleep. Braig's original self is in his uniform. This seems to contradict the True Organization XII reveal scene, as Xigbar is present in his nobody attire. This suggests that this is a time traveled nobody of Braig, instead of the Braig's original self.
Garland is one of the vessels.Garlands plan in Final Fantasy seems fairly similar to what Xehanort is up to.
Xehanort has more than Thirteen Darknesses.How can the Xehanorts gathered at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D be the Thirteen in Kingdom Hearts 3 if some of them were displaced by time travel and can now no longer travel? Simple, Xehanort has replacement Vessels ready in the present. The ones we don't know the identities of could be part of the main Thirteen but Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, and Young Xehanort can't be because they no longer exist in the present.
Darth Maul will appear as a bonus boss. Its more likely than a full fledged Star Wars world and the guy looks and fights pretty much like a Kingdom Hearts' boss
Aqua will follow in Eraqus's Light Is Not Good footsteps.Being his best pupil and only successor, having her and her friends' lives ruined by Xehanort's Dark Is Evil, and enduring Nightmare Fuel in the Realm of Darkness will all finally push her into Knight Templar / Well-Intentioned Extremist / Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds territory.
Lea/Axel will train with Kairi under Master RikuGiving Riku a whole new doubt about his ability to teach (cause he'd be too awesome if he wasn't doubting himself about something). Sora could also get jealous of Riku's time spent with Kairi opening up the love triangle one more. Axel's just in there to add more dynamic character interaction.
The True Final Boss will be more difficult than any secret boss.As the culmination of the entire series boss fights, the Final Boss (presumably Xehanort in some form) will have boosted stats, speed, and a variety of attacks on par with any secret boss, minus MF's cheap-ass spamming or one-hit kills. He can't be cheesed or beaten through stats. This is the reason the KH team has been seeding super-hard secret bosses in each game.
Xehanort will gain control of Riku and use his body for the final battle.Having failed to corrupt Sora in the past, Xehanort will instead opt to use Riku, who he has already successfully corrupted before and may even still have some influence over. And from a story perspective Riku has already proven to be a valuable friend and a truly formidable enemy, someone who would be worthy but very tragic to face in the final battle. Heroic Sacrifice upon regaining control is also in there.
- Except the whole reason Xehanort tried to corrupt Sora is because Riku, despite being Xehanort's first choice, proved too hard to control, and that was before he became a Master. If Xehanort could have corrupted Riku, he would have done it already in 3D. At this point, Riku is just north of the Princesses of Heart in terms of people least likely to be a Xehanort vessel.
This game will have a new themesong.This is a Numbered Sequel yo. Kingdom Hearts II does have a themesong different from Kingdom Hearts I. Kingdom Hearts I uses Simple and Clean/Hikari. Kingdom Hearts II uses Sanctuary/Passion.
- I've heard in the past that Utada Hikaru confirmed that Beautiful World had been checked as the theme for Kingdom Hearts III. Granted, the sources aren't necessarily reliable, as this was before Birth By Sleep was officially released.
- I highly doubt they'd use the Rebuild of Evangelion theme song in an unrelated video game series. But this kind of claim isn't new—way back in the day, I saw some fansites claiming that "First Love" would be the Chain of Memories theme song. Anyway, an Utada theme song was teased as a yes and then retracted.
- But isn't Utada on hiatus right now? Will she return for Kingdom Hearts? By the way, she just got married in May 2014 so if Square approaches her in the coming months, she might not accept.
Ven, Terra and Aqua will reunite.They have to, or the 7 keybladers will not be complete. The real theory here is how will they reunite. Obviously Aqua (probably with Ansem the Wise) will be able to escape the Realm of Darkness. Ven will wake up when Vanitas is finished off and returns to him somehow. Terra will most likely be either be in the form of a Terranort betraying the 13 'Norts or something, or he will be a Terra from a different timeline, just like some of the 13 'Norts.
Sora will become an embodiment of darkness.Given how Kairi is light (duh), Riku is shifting towards some sort of twilit figure, Sora will complete the triangle by becoming the dark. He already showed a willingness to dwell in the darkness with Riku, and is incredibly forgiving and kind.. So with all the corruption Xeahnort's machinations put Sora through, it'll backfire spectacularly by Sora becoming the embodiment of Dark is not Evil.
- This can be supported by Sora's history with the darkness, be it his previous transformation into a heartless (and basically a year of living as a light-based heartless or something while his body worked for the organization) and his occasional lapses into Anti-form in KHII.
Sora and Kairi's feelings for each other will play a role in the game.Why, Sora already saw the updated version of their drawing in the cave right? That has to imply something. And considering Kairi will most likely be fighting alongside him, Riku, Lea, etc etc and considering that this is like, the grand finale of the "Xehanort as Big Bad Arc"... And oh! This could also be a chance for a Sora-Riku-Kairi team-up!
Sora and Kairi will get married in the epilogue.Xehanort will finally be out of the way, allowing them to be together forever.
- Or at least start dating. Married at 15-16 seems a little extreme even for Disney standards. It also depends on Nomura's feelings about the deal, since romance has really only been hinted at in the story so far.
- By the standards of the series, dating is a little un-subtle for what the writers' taste seems to be. The most developed romance is in the very storytelling-heavy 358/2 Days, and no one actually voiced their feelings in any way. Kairi and Sora have spent more time apart than anything, and unless they spend the entire game together (not improbable, but Sora is apparently slated to stick with Donald and Goofy), it'd be unusually heavy-handed. I think the KH teams just like the romantic grey-area.
- "Kairi and Sora spent more time apart than anything"? That would be forgetting they grew up together for 9 years, and have never been separated for more than one year ever since. Not to mention that, far from pausing their relationship, their time apart has frequently been used for not-so-subtle Ship Teasing by the writers (Sora thinking of Kairi or looking longfully at her oathkeeper in a Star-Crossed Lovers fashion, for instance), and the words "like" and "love" have been used to describe their feelings by other characters. However, I do agree with you about the writers obviously not wanting to bring it to dating or wedding territory, which is why a simple Relationship Upgrade is probably the likeliest option for KH III.
- And the series will probably need something unresolved to carry into the prospective future titles, and romance is typically the default option.
Sora will be out of commission for a brief timeEither kidnapped by the 'Norts again (can't let such a potential vessel get away now, can they?) or separating himself from Ventus, Roxas, Xion, and- potentially, since it's not confirmed -Vanitas might take a huge toll on his well-being.
Kairi will wear a Princess Classic dress at some point, possibly involving a return to Radiant GardenThis will then be used as reason to add her to the Disney Princesses line.
Deadpool, Captain America Thor and Thanos will be bonus bosses in the gameThe rewards for beating them will be a cosmic keyblade for beating Thanos, Mjlonir for Donald and Captain America`s shield for Goofy and a Deadpool summon.
- This sounds very unlikely, mostly because even Disney is aware that Marvel and Disney Animated Canon do not mesh together well. But one has to admit, if a Marvel crossover were to happen, it would be pretty damn awesome.
- A Star Wars cross-over is probably more likely, since the Clone Wars art style and future-high-fantasy war setting meshes better with KH than the superhero teams do. I doubt they'd go with both.
If there will be a Marvel world, Donald and Goofy will be dressed as their superhero alter egos.You ask who I'm talking about? These◊ guys◊.
- It is somewhat unlikely considering that these characters aren't that known or popular in America or neither Japan, for that matter (and the fact that will there even be a Marvel world in the game) but it would fit so well.
The finale will introduce a Light Is Not Good villain for the next trilogy...proving Xehanort right about the Balance Between Good and Evil.
Sora will wield the χ-Blade at some point in the gameYen Sid stated that, after the Keyblade War, the original χ-Blade was split in 7 fragments of light (The Princesses of Heart) and 13 fragments of Darkness (The Seekers of Darkness). Xehanort has amassed 13 Seekers of Darkness to fight against the Light, while Sora is looking for 7 pure Guardians of Light to fight them. This foreshadows the return of the original χ-Blade. And, well, since Sora carries within himself the heart of Ventus, who once wielded it, it makes sense that the big grand final confrontation involves Sora using the χ-Blade, right?
- His wielding it will likely have nothing to do with the fact that Ven was in his heart, though. It will be due to the mysterious strength of his heart, the same strength that allowed him to protect Kairi and Ven's hearts.
The "light" that Xehanort has claimed as his vessel is Kairi.While Kairi's nature as a Princess of Heart would normally prevent Xehanort from being able to possess her, we must remember that in the first game, Kairi spent some time without a heart. This would be the perfect time for one of the fragments to take refuge in her body; when her heart returned, the fragment of Xehanort's heart was too minor for her's too notice. As Sora and the gang defeat the various other vessels, Kairi will gradually show signs of sickness and unwellness. This is because as they free or destroy the vessels, the fragment splits and joins with the remaining ones. When they all confront Master Xehanort, and take him down, his heart will overwhelm Kairi's and he will take the Princess as his new vessel. Cue the final battle.
- That would be an interesting mirror to the events of Day's ending.
Xehanort is getting played by Kingdom HeartsKingdom Hearts really does want the universe to be rebalanced and all that, but not by Xehanort. It's letting Xehanort do all he's doing so that the X-blade will be reformed, seeing as how he's the only one callous enough to do what needs to be done. But with how he'd been destroying so many worlds with his progress, the Heart of All Worlds wouldn't be keen on letting him have all that power. So when the true X-Blade is formed by the 7x13 clash, Kingdom Hearts will appear and have it reject Xehanort. Then Sora gets the X-Blade, because destiny, and reforms the World to its original unified glory without the need of a Keyblade War to destroy everything first. Sora remains as the eternal protector of Kingdom Hearts, its light, saves everyone Xehanort had hurt with his actions, and so on. Cue Simple and Clean.
The χ-blade is sentientThink about it, the χ-blade is the counterpart of the Kingdom Hearts, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to tell that the χ-blade has a will on its own, and is in fact the very thing the Keyblade Masters of the ancient past has fought in the Keyblade War. After all, if Keyblades can transform, then surely it wouldn't be far-fetched for the χ-blade to transform into something monstrous (and perhaps numerous) to kept the people's hands off the Kingdom Hearts, right? My guess is that, during the Keyblade War, it has either embraced or overtaken by the darkness on its own while attempting to protect the Kingdom Hearts itself, and thus split itself into 13 dark and 7 light pieces. The dark pieces, perhaps corrupted by the ancient Keyblade Masters who latches their own darkness into the χ-blade itself, eventually made their way to Xehanort (Ansem So D gave him an χ-blade fragment to Young Xehanort, which eventually draws in the rest of the χ-blade fragments), drawn by his curiosity to reach the Kingdom Hearts, which would somewhat explain Xehanort's connection to Recusant's Sigil.
The Master KeeperSeeing that Sora stumbled across the weapon in the trailer, someone had to put it there. The current theory is that Aqua, trying to escape the Realm of Darkness after being reinspired by Ansem's words, is using it as her ticket to the light. By finding a means to send the keyblade to the realm of light, that could create a point of contact for her. Using the keyblade, and Sora's ever shining heart, she could create a door to light to finally escape the darkness and return home.
Gameplay and stuffThe World Ends with You, the first non-Final Fantasy game became a part of the KH universe. This opens the floodgates for other Square-Enix franchises to pull from. Perhaps Dragon Quest, Mana Series, Valkyrie Profile, or Chrono Trigger. Lightning or Noctis may show up to prepare hype for other Square games. New Disney Worlds may include revisiting the jungle outside of Tarzan with The Jungle Book. A cross-over of Atlantis/Treasure Planet with certain FF characters along for the ride! Wreck-It Ralph in the Tron world! Mary Poppins or the Robinson family in Traverse Town! Finally the only thing that can happen at the beginning of the game is the justifiable tutorial level where Kairi and Lea learn the ways of the Keyblade from Yen Sid and/or Riku, who has now passed his Mark of Mastery exam.
Sora will channel Kingdom Hearts itself during the final fight
- Heart Is an Awesome Power, right? Sora HAS that power, right? Kingdom Hearts is the "Heart of all worlds", right? (Okay, just making sure you're following.) Sora's unique ability of influencing/taking in/messing around with hearts could potentially have an effect on this "massive heart" so to speak. So, let's say Xehanort DOES summon it- oh noes all around, right? Xehanort rants, marking KH as his and blah blah blah evil victory speech while there's a mass Oh, Crap. Well Sora ain't giving up here! He uses the craziest idea he has and goes "WRONG old man!" and manages to become a Physical God with the brief stunt and manages to restore all Xehanort-possessed or any other maladies at the time people and end Xehanort once and for all.
Disney properties to be integrated into Kingdom Hearts III.
- A Bug's Life
- Atlantis The Lost Empire
- The Avengers
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Big Hero 6
- The Black Cauldron
- The Brave Little Toaster
- Darkwing Duck
- The Emperor's New Groove
- Finding Nemo
- Gravity Falls
- The Incredibles
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Jungle Book
- Kick Buttowski
- Kim Possible
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Love Bug
- Mary Poppins
- Monsters, Inc., and/or Monsters University
- The Muppet Movie
- 101 Dalmatians
- Phineas and Ferb
- The Princess and the Frog
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
- Robin Hood
- Schoolhouse Rock
- The Sword in the Stone
- Toy Story
- Western Animation/ Treasure Planet
- TRON: Uprising
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Disney's various sequels (precedented with Agrabah in II and The Grid in Dream Drop Distance):
- Aladdin and the King of Thieves
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
- Maybe another mini-game world that happens to include baby Melody. Too much time would need to pass for a real adaptation.
- Cinderella III: A Twist in Time (Dreams Come True is more like a Compilation Movie)
- Oh, that could possibly work really well, considering time travel is an established element of KH now, and that Sora is gonna be gathering the Princesses of Heart.
- Either The Lion King II: Simba's Pride or The Lion King 1½''
- 1 1/2 is unlikely given it takes place during the original movie, which is already over as far as this series is concerned.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: both Dead Man's Chest and At World's End (Due to the Keyblade being a Story-Breaker Power with regards to the former).
- The Hunchback Of Notre Dame II
- The rest of Lilo & Stitch: to be precise, the portions in Hawaii, with elements from the original movies, its sequel, and the series (And maybe even a cameo or reference to the anime, if they can).
- Unfortunately, the reason why we haven't had a proper Lilo & Stitch world already is because the The Japanese hate Lilo (or seem to at least), to the point where, rather than dubbing the American cartoon series, they just made an anime that replaced her with a Japanese girl, so this is unlikely.
If Frollo is one of the Organization, he will return to La Cite des Cloches for revenge on Quasimodo and Esmeralda.And we'll finally get to fight him.
A Star Wars or Marvel character will be a Secret Boss
- It wins both sides over: you get to fight, say Vader or Doctor Doom, without having a world for it
- Or Galactus, the devourer of worlds
- the Horned King could be a kind of counterpart to Gestahl and replace Creeper with Kefka. After the boss battle with the Horned King, (which could totally serve as a recursive shoutout to the Hades summon from Final Fantasy VII,) have Kefka shove the Horned King towards the Cauldron, killing him... When the stage is visited again later in the game, Kefka can have drained the Cauldron of its powers in a vein similar to how he robbed the Warring Triad of their powers... For added bonus points; both The Black Cauldron and Final Fantasy VI are considered some of the darkest entries produced by their respective companies, not only allowing Kefka to be just as monsterous as he really was but also creating an entire stage composed of Nightmare Fuel.
Other future Final Fantasy character appearancesTaken from the main WMG page, here are some speculations as to who we will meet this time.
- Red XIII/Nanaki — Sora and co. meet him in the Pride Lands.
- Terra — The party member you meet at Olympus.
- She'd probably have to be renamed Tina like in the Japanese version of FFVI, so we won't get her confused with the other Terra.
- So what, that didn't stop them from having two Rikus.
- One of them has an extra k, remember?
- None of the Gullwings had their names spoken in-game either, which is why there isn't as much confusion.
- It DID stop them from having two Rik(k)us. That's why Selphie was the part of the Destiny Islands beta trio despite not being from FFX like Tidus and Wakka, and why Yuffie is Leon's sidekick.
- She'd probably have to be renamed Tina like in the Japanese version of FFVI, so we won't get her confused with the other Terra.
- Locke — A thie- err, treasure hunter in Agrabah who is friends with Aladdin, looking for something to save someone (either Rachel or Celes) who had been turned into a heartless. (Ow, my lungs!)
- Chocobos — Summons.
- Zidane — Maybe meet him at Neverland as a new recruit of the Lost Boys.
- Alternatively, if they make a Tangled world, he will be one of Flynn's partners in crime.
- He could fit pretty well in La Cite des Cloches, too, as a gypsy.
- Lulu — She could be a fourth member of the Gullwings.
- She wouldn't look out of place in Halloween Town either.
- Shinra and the Turks- President Shinra is the principal of Kairi's school, Rufus is the student body president, and the Turks serve as the prefects.
- ...Which would make that particular school the most ecologically unfriendly school ever.
- Rinoa — Due to the hint we got at the end of KHII, we may see her as a new recruit in the Restoration Committee.
- Laguna Loire — (Different troper) Appears in Radiant Garden along with the rest of the Restoration Committee, perhaps as the elected President of Radiant Garden in a Mythology Gag to his original game. Has a bit of credibility to it, since Dissidia:duodecim is going to feature him, update his character, and give him a voice actor. It would also provide a subtler Mythology Gag, in that Squall's Dissidia voice actor first voiced Squall in Kingdom Hearts II.
- Could also make a reference to Squall not liking the guy, and saying he feels like he's in a bad dream around him.
- It would also provide a Mythology Gag as he was meant to be in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep as the head of the Mirage Arena.
- Made even better should the fact that Laguna is Leon's father be referenced.
- Professor Hojo — (Different WM Ger) Even if Shin-Ra is not around, the experiments done by the Apprentices involving the Heart reminded me far too much of Hojo's experiments with Mako and JENOVA cells. Bonus: Helletic Hojo is his Heartless while Lifeform Hojo N (in before N = Nobody) is his Nobody. The physical appearances of both forms are too similar to hideous Heartless and Lifeform Hojo N looks a HELL of a lot like a Dusk. Seriously, look at them both. All he's missing as LHN is an Organization Emblem.
- But Isn't Even/Vexen sorta the setting's version of Hojo already? He even looks kinda like him, save for lacking glasses and having blonde hair.
- Of course, Vexen might be poised for a Heel-Face Turn, so Xenahort might be looking for someone to replace him.
- Vincent — Halloween Town.
- Cecil Harvey. Has both powers of light and darkness, has a habit of helping the villains but is nevertheless a good guy. Sound familiar?
- Lighting — Controlled by the fal'Cie as part of some crazy plan to do something.
- Don't forget that she'll fight off against Cloud in a duel, only to be interrupted by Sephiroth.
- Balthier — Why the hell not?
- Jecht — As the mayor of Destiny Islands. Or just a resident, but who wouldn't want Tidus and Kairi to be (adopted) siblings?
- Queen Brahne — If not Jecht, then she could be the mayor of Destiny Islands. Also, I've always imagined Pat Carroll doing her voice.
- Princess Garnet — I mean, it'd make sense, if her mother is in it. She'd be Kairi's step-sister. Maybe, just for the sake of a Mythology Gag, she'd give Kairi a dagger for good luck if she ever goes on her own journey.
- Kairi even looked a lot like Dagger in Another Side, Another Story.
- Shuyin (third troper) as a DI resident and Tidus's twin brother.
- Irvine Kinneas- Resident of Destiny Islands like he was supposed to. Like the Lulu theory above, there'd be some Ship Tease between him and Selphie. Instead of a gun, his weapon would be a trigger-powered slingshot or something.
- That's be a GREAT idea.
- Adelbert Stiener- If the Queen Brahne and Princess Garnet theory come true, he'd be their bodyguard.
- Alternatively, if they make a world based on Tangled, he'll be a mercenary hired by Mother Gothel to keep Rapunzel from leaving her tower. His backstory will reveal that he was once the knight of the kingdom Rapunzel came from, but stepped down when she was kidnapped. He vowed to never return until he found her. Once he learns who he was guarding and Gothel's intentions, he will join Sora's group.
- Gau- If The Jungle Book ends up becoming a world, he'd be a friend/rival of Mowgli's.
- Vaan- Like Zidane, he'd probably be in The Lost Boys.
- Judge Gabranth- A Dragon to either Maleficent or Xehanort. Most likely Maleficent because if your dragon is Captain Ass-Zipper, you'd probably pick Gabranth.
- Rubicante - Another possibility for an new dragon to Maleficent.
- Quistis Trepe - (another troper) C'mon. Who do you think is teaching all the kids on the islands? On the other hand, she could be in the Radiant Garden and there would be a Love Triangle withe her Leon and Rinoa.
- Golbez - (same troper as immediately above) Having wrangled with some of the same problems Riku did, he could serve as a mentor of sorts to the boy (and could maybe teach him some dark magic?).
- Gilgamesh - (see above) Shame on you all for not suggesting this earlier. Shows up as a Bonus Boss in Britain, looking for Excalibur (which Sora would most likely obtain as a Keyblade). Hilarity Ensues. And given that Gilgamesh is a canonical Dimensional Traveler, he's the only character besides Auron who stands a chance of being the genuine article.
- Alternatively, if they ever make a Wreck-It Ralph-based world, he will appear since both he and Ralph in some ways, jump worlds and break the fourth wall.
- Better yet, he could say that he's been after the keyblade for years, and we'd see a montage of him trying but failing to make a grand entrance in cutscenes all throughout the series.
- Noctis - since its confirmed that XV is the reason we won't see KH 3, he'd better be in it to help make up for the long wait. Am I right?
- Emperor Mateus Palamecia- Since it's tradition for Hades to bring in a FF character, he'll serve as one of the antagonists of the world. He'll be the newest emperor of Greece, and starts a new rule of tyranny. During the first visit to the world, Sora, the gang, and Hercules will stop him, which leads to his death. At the second one, he'll overthrow Hades and take over the underworld as he prepares to take over Mount Olympus.
- Ultros - He could appear in a world based on The Emperor's New Groove as a past specimen of Yzma's experiments. I have no idea how or why one of Yzma's experiments would result in a perverted talking octopus, but I'm sure she thought it was a good idea at the time.
- Lucca/Robo - Not a Final Fantasy character, but we had The World Ends with You characters, right? Probably part of the restoration committee and will probably help out with Gummi ships as well. Also, Frog just so we can have a joke about his and Sephiroth's Masamunes, and the fact that he already got a Shout-Out in the form of a Dream Eater in Dream Drop Distance
- No, better yet; Frog would be dueling Sephiroth right before Sora shows up.
- Marle and Chrono would show up as well, Disney does love their princesses and Chrono... wouldn't say much, but he could spar with Riku and Sora to teach them some of his abilites from Chrono Trigger..
- No, better yet; Frog would be dueling Sephiroth right before Sora shows up.
- Mog/Stiltzkin - Moogles have been all over the games. It makes sense for them to introduce some of the named ones as part of certain sidequests.
- Bahamut - He was to be a summon in the original game. Being a summon or secret boss would still be an option, and he's also the most iconic of them. Odin or Alexander are also viable options.
- Freya - Retool her into any world with talking animals, maybe one based on Robin Hood as a guest party member. Or make her a member of the royal guard that Goofy is captain of.
- Ellone- Xehanort's using time travel, so the forces of light could really use the Time Sorceress.
- Tiz, Agnès, Edea and Ringabel - Not Final Fantasy characters, but again, the TWEWY crew made it into Dream Drop Distance, didn't it? They could either have their own character arc in Traverse Town or Twilight Town (In which case, Alternis Dim, Braev Lee, and/or Airy could make excellent bosses), or simply have cameo appearances like the Gullwings had in II.
- Class Zero - course that still won't make up for the fact that the game received No Export for You. Admittedly... this would be quite amusing since Jack is an Expy of Demyx.
- Lightning, Serah and Snow - Could show up as residents of Radiant Garden, Lightning as a guard working for Leon and Serah as a teacher in regards to their previous occupations in the games.
- Snow is running a gym for training "heroes" and wants to be a Keyblade wielder as a counter point to the fiery Lea. Sazh is Cid's test pilot for Gummi Ships and his son could be one of Serah's students.
- Snow could also be at the Olympus Coliseum. He is already obsessed with being a hero, so it would make sense that he'd beg Phil to train him.
- Fang would be part of the Atlantis The Lost Empire world as an atlantean warrior.
- Hope is an intern working at the castle and is upgrading Tron's world to the TRON: Legacy version in a nod to his work with technology. Noel is traveling from world to world looking for something to save his Bad Future (again), the result of Xehanort's plan succeeding.
- And Chocolina, just to mess with Sora's head.
- Snow is running a gym for training "heroes" and wants to be a Keyblade wielder as a counter point to the fiery Lea. Sazh is Cid's test pilot for Gummi Ships and his son could be one of Serah's students.
- Cosmos. Now this one's going to sound weird, but perhaps as A Form You Are Comfortable With Kingdom Hearts uses to help or encourage our heroes in a potential Darkest Hour scenario.
Isa will be saved.Because Lea will always be there to bring his friends back.
Alternatively, Lea will be Killed Off for Real by Isa/Saix.The above WMG would be a waste of one of the best villians in the series, It's far more likely that Lea will try to reason with Saix, and Saix will brutally kill him. This would be a perfect Player Punch, and afterwards there will be an epic battle with Saix.
Playing off of both the above Guesses...Lea will try to get through to Isa/Saix, who is possessed by Xehanort, and seemingly 'fail'. A battle ensues, Lea pleading the whole time to 'Isa' to snap out of it, and not really giving it his all, unlike his ex-best friend. Saix will get in one critical blow, and while Lea's laying on the ground about to accept his fate, Saix will look at his face and something will trigger a memory of their time together as friends. The established power of the bonds we all make with our friends and the people we love with blot out the darkness, enabling Isa to finally break through the possession and take control of himself once again. But, like Riku, he will be stuck with the darkness-caused changes to his features at least for now. The heroes then march on to keep fighting darkness, holding close to them this important reminder that there's always a chance for the light to win.
The Hot Rod Heartless will return, and it will be the enemy that Nomura said the heroes would be able to commandeerIts already shaped like a vehicle.
The game will feature the most worlds in the seriesBecause the fans have been waiting for a lengthy game
Sephiroth will return as a Bonus BossHe's been a hidden boss in both of the main Kingdom Hearts games, so it would make sense they'd want to go 3 for 3. If the transition from his brief appearance in 1 to showing up for a few cameos in 2 is anything to go by, we may see Sephiroth play a much more significant role in the story. Most likely working alongside Xehanort, but as a Dragon with an Agenda.
Charlie Duncan will be a summonAnd she will be able to paralyze even the hardest enemies due to her adorable nature. Useful when going for the main bosses. plot by Xehanort to create replicas of the Org. members for either empty vessels or as a way to taunt Sora and Co. by making replicas of Roxas or Axel. Besides, when does a Final Mix boss NOT become relevant in following games?
Xehanort will be killed for goodAfter all the crap he's been delivering for years in canon, Sora and/or his friends will dispose of him permanently, leaving him no way to revive himself. After every character he's screwed with is brought back to life.
By the end of the game, Sora will be left in a state that sets him up as a light-based antagonist for the next saga.
- Sora's struggles throughout the franchise are finally going to take their toll on the poor kid, leaving behind nothing but a broken man who will do whatever it takes to ensure no one like Xehanort comes to power again. Honestly, if they choose to take that route, I could easily see Sora becoming the RPG equivalent of Big Boss.
Sora will lose his body permanently to gain the power of Time TravelTime travel will be required to counter Xehanort's own time shenanigans, but time travel has been stated to require the loss of one's body, and Sora is the only hero to be in a position to survive something like that, having done so before. Therefore, Sora will take one for the team and become a Heartless/Being of Heart once again. Potential ramifications: Separating out his body will also free up Roxas and the writers could probably spin the situation to release Namine and Ven's heart as well. Freeing Namine could also allow her memory-witchery to bring Xion back. Becoming a Heartless may allow Sora to travel into the Realm of Darkness, allowing him to reach Aqua and Ansem and rescue them. Huzzah! If he goes the route of becoming a Heartless, he would presumably gain some dark powers, making him a balance of sorts between Riku's affinity for Darkness and Kairi's Princess-of-Heart-edness. Time travel will also allow Sora to reach past Disney worlds like Timeless River or the BBS worlds, or future worlds for movie sequels that have a timeskip (Japanese Stitch anime, though that's a bad example since the original would be far superior).
Terra will be the one to deal the final blow to Master Xehanort.Because after everything MX has done to him, he deserves to deal some climactic payback.
- be the one to finish off Xemnas for good. probably with some Punctuated Pounding.
- be perfectly polite when talking to everybody except riku and anybody from the original Org XIII.
- appear about mid game with a Big Damn Heroes moment.
- be playable for a certain Bonus Boss.
- will join the party and be useable on any world.
- gain his own body.
- Absolutely lose it (rage/confusion/loss of identity/etc.) when he sees Ventus.
- Turn out to actually be part of Ventus.
- Be an Exposition Fairy for Sora as part of his consciousness for a small part of the game.
this game will feature a larger party.By that I mean that your party will consist of more than just Donald and Goofy. Riku and Kairi will be along for the ride this time and during the course of the game you'll run into the other guardians of light and team up with them.
Lea and Isa will have a face-off.Isa, naturally, appears at some point near the climax of the story, barring Sora and Co.'s way. Sora will step forward to fight him, only for Lea to shove his way forward instead, because It's Personal. The two will engage in an epic showdown. Lea will either win or gain the upper hand and, either while their blades are locked or Lea has Isa at Keyblade-point, Lea will give an impassioned speech to Isa about their friendship and the evil of Master Xehanort's plans, or something to that effect. And just as Isa realizes the error of his ways, BOOM. His transformation into Master Xehanort completes. The newly formed Isa!nort will promptly curb-stomp Lea, which then prompts Sora to step in. And cue boss battle...
Aqua will be the first Keyblade wielder rescued.Not only would she be the easiest to find, but it makes sense. Riku and Mickey are not strangers to the Realm of Darkness, and would be able to travel through it with ease— especially considering both of them are Keyblade Masters now—but also, Aqua's presence is necessary to be able to safely navigate Castle Oblivion and find Ventus. And then there's...well, wherever the blazes Terra is, since his body's Heartless and Nobody are both running around at the same time, now.
Kairi will be the one to finish off Xehanort.After a Journey to the Center of the Mind, Kairi will obtain and master Namine's powers. Now, since Xehanort branded Sora with the recusant's sigil, Xehanort is now connected to Sora, which makes him vulnerable to Namine/Kairi collapsing his heart.
- Um, that sort of cold-blooded execution doesn't really sound like the behavior of a Princess of Heart.
- If Xehanort was at her mercy, you'd be right. But if it's in order to save Sora...
Xehanort isn't the Main Antagonist.It's Actually Destiny Itself, Or maybe someone who's controlling the power of destiny throughout the Plot itself. Cue Sora punching the being into the Day Xehanort would have encountered Terra!Xehanort's Heartless. Sora then steals the book and befriends the Young Xehanort. The Two team up and fight the True Final Boss and close the book on destiny itself for good but as a consequence...
Sora will be stuck in the past and essentially cause a Continuity Reboot for the next saga.With the book of Destiny and x-blade in hand, Sora perfects the world's balance and seals away it's power so that it could only be used in emergencies of dire ergancy. Throughout his days of Training with Xehanort and Eraqus under an Alias to basically prevent a nasty paradox, He places the Land of Departure inside The World that Never Was which was written into existance through the book, Sora then proceeds to add Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Radient Garden and of course, Destiny Islands. The Last thing Sora writes down is when Terra, Ven, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, Lea, Isa, Roxas, Xion, Namine, Vanitas, Xehanort's Grandson, and his Other Self would be Born in the New Timeline. Sora would tell the Story of Kingdom Hearts III as a bedtime story and not long after the story is completed, The Original Sora dies peacefully of Old Age with the knowlage that he has created a better world for Xehanort and with it, a better world for his friends... The Post-Credits Scene has the Other Sora stopping by at his Former Self's Grave on his way to High School. He leaves behind a Disney Infinity Power Disc with Riku in tow. They have a conversation about what's inevitable and then they talk about the future until Kairi gets their attention and she says "C'mon, We're all waiting for you." Cue Namine, Lea, Roxas, Isa, Xion, Terra, Ven, Aqua and Vanitas in high school uniforms. Sora decides it's time to move on. They head off to School as the Original Ventus leaves behind a single rose as his heart has become the Spirit of the x-blade.
Sora's specials or reaction commands will be based on theme park rides
- The first proper gameplay trailer shows two of these - a pirate ship that swings like a pendulum and a flying minecart that could be taken straight from Big Thunder Mountain.
Young Xehanort will pull a Heel-Face Turn at the end of the game; or at least a Heel-Face Revolving Door.Sora and his friends will have the younger Xehanort be on their side, but not without a final battle first. Maybe the final battle would involve taking out the darkness that is taking over his heart.
Sora IS Kingdom HeartsHe already has so many good hearts within him. What if his destiny is to become this legendary utopia that the Organization sought? Which brings me to my next guess...
Sora becomes the universeHis name means sky. And there is a repeated phrase in the series, that all worlds share the same sky. What if the only way to wipe out the darkness forever is for Sora, who is by all accounts pure, to pull a Tetsuo and become everything?
Nomura will introduce other Disney Junior Shows as new worlds in the game, only to troll fansMaybe Nomura will include this just to troll some fans for bashing the Hundred Acre Wood world in both Kingdom Hears 1 and 2. Let's list a few:
- PB&J Otter - The Noodle Dance Sequence will be same as the one in Atlantica rhythm dance minigame in Kingdom Hearts II.
- JoJo's Circus - Sora and co. meets Jojo, and they needed to perform in the Big Top Circus in order to advance to the next world. Maybe Nomura will throw Lightning into the mix just for annoyance.
- Henry Hugglemonster - Sora will need to solve all 100 of Henry's problems.
- Jake And The Neverland Pirates - Sora goes back to Neverland, team up with Jake's crew and Peter Pan to take down Hook for one last time.
- Doc McStuffins - Sora's Keyblade will be broken when he arrives at Doc's world and she will fix it. While its being fixed, he and co. will befriend the other toys. Sora will be a Figma or a Play Arts Kai figure in this world.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Sora meets young Mickey, Hilarity Ensues.
- And now you are hated forever, OP.
- Can't believes you didn't mention Sofia the First.
- Stop having Nomura lose the fanbase, I thought we wanted him to win us back.
The game will be split into 3 storiesSora's story, Riku's story and Kairi's story. Each one will be looking to save Ven, Terra and Aqua, respectively. The stories might not be happening simultaneously, because we know we need to save Aqua before we can find Ven's body in Castle Oblivion. And then, like in the modern Sonic games, there will be a Final Story where you control Sora, which is basically the whole Lights vs Darkness/Xehanort fight.
- Can you imagine Riku giving an "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight speech to Terra?
- The game's official synopsis given at E3 says that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be looking for the seven guardians of light across the worlds and the Key to Return Hearts (whatever that is), while Riku and King Mickey search for the previous Keyblade wielders. So I would assume this is Jossed, but it's still pretty early to say for sure.
Xion will change her name.Both to get rid of the X and to assert herself as an individual and not a puppet. Bonus points if she says something to the effect of, "Call me Oblivion."
There will not be any world-specific party members in this game.Instead, we'll have a Final Fantasy-style rotating party of six, consisting of Sora, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Any world-specific allies will function as non-party member allies, as were common in Kingdom Hearts II.
There will be swappable "Party Leaders".Kinda similar to the WMG above, there will be a rotating party- namely you, the player. You can be playing as Sora one moment, then a few clicks of a button and joystick and a cheesy "Ready to fight!/I'll kick their butts!/(insert some Badass Boast)!"-style line later you're playing as Roxas/Kairi/Riku/Donald/Goofy/Mickey/Lea/what-have-you. NPC party members will run off of (hopefully) enhanced AI and the currently selected member will have more access to what exactly the character does, perhaps some more selective moves and special abilities. The current PC member will be referred to as a "Party Leader" during tutorials, and besides being the player character they can issue commands to the NPC party, so the name won't be just a moniker.
This game will feature real crossovers, with worlds that are not in Alternate Continuity.
Roxas and Ventus's relationship*Note: This is assuming that Roxas and Ventus will get their own separate bodies/selves/??? Initially Roxas will hate Ven's guts. No identity to call his own now- Ventus had his looks and voice way before him -besides his name and existence. Oh yeah, those belong to Sora, really; "Roxas" is "Sora" + an X and he owes his life to Sora pulling a Heroic Sacrifice. Similar personalities, except Ven has an easier time with people than the kind-of-a-loner Roxas? Fantastic. So initially Roxas has a lot of hatred towards Ventus, who in turn is no where near mad. He's actually pleasantly surprised (Yay! A technical brother/twin! Awesome!) and a little guilty/sad/confused about Roxas loathing him so much. But eventually- with the series running on The Power of Friendship and Roxas and Ven having to undergo some Teeth-Clenched Teamwork -Roxas lightens up to Ven and accepts them both for who they are and Ventus very quickly settles his feelings as a "Hey you said we're good so we're bros now and you gotta deal with it." Cue a Bromance to rival Sora and Riku.
- Potentially they could become a set of Those Two Guys.
Sora will get a Break the Cutie run that is WORSE than what he got in DDDPotentially involving him hitting the Despair Event Horizon for the first time in the series. If that happens, to mirror it suddenly everything will seem a little lower than usual.
Sora will pull a major Heroic Sacrifice
- Possibly Jossed (as far as a death would go) - Nomura says that he wants Sora to be the protagonist of the next game after this one.
- If not jossed, it will be the reason for his skill reset for the sequel
Sora will have issues about killing XehanortYes, the old man deserves it way more than a lot of other villains, but keep in mind that most of what Sora has killed so far could've been labeled in his head as "Monster". Xehanort is- while very f-ed up -a person just like him. A person with a heart, with a life. And with DDD'S revelations, this could apply to the New Organization as a whole. They all have hearts, they're all people, and with Sora's Messiah-like character, killing them will most likely not sit very well on his conscience, prompting him to find a way to eliminate their threat without ending their lives.
- He could also show some slight remorse for what he did to the Old Organization members who weren't truly evil and just going along with the plans to get their hearts back.
- Or maybe not, considering that he was actually doing them a favor by killing them. Killing them ACTUALLY got their hearts back, and saved them from Xehanort, who was going to turn them into extensions of himself. He thwarted Xehanort's plans, got the underlings what they wanted anyway, and saved them from Xehanort, albeit painfully. No harm, no foul.
Terra, Aqua, and Ven will all have some semblance of PTSD in this gameTheir Trauma Conga Line is bound to have some negative effect on their psyches. Perhaps Aqua will suddenly be afraid of the dark, maybe Ven will be less happy than he was and a bit of a Death Seeker at times, Terra might have some residual Terra-Nort/Xemnas/Xehanort's Heartless/??? in him that makes him prone to violence or random memory loss.
Frozen will appear as a world.Because Elsa spamming blizzagas.
- Perhaps Elsa's fear of herself and love for her family has made her heart equally light and dark (similar to how Ven started out) and this causes Xehanort to target her as one of his many back up plans.
- As Elsa nears her Despair Event Horizon, Xehanort takes the opportunity to manipulate the darkness in her heart, and the player is forced to fight either her or her own Vanitas (if only for the sake of an awesome boss fight).
- If D-links from Birth by Sleep return, then Elsa will be one, granting all sorts of ice powers (Blizzaga, Blizzard Raid, Homing Blizzara, Glacier, Triple Blizzaga) with the final limit break being, what else? "Let it Go", which basically nukes everything on the screen - with ice.
- And after that fight is over, Xehanort will have another of his Thirteen Darknesses... Hans!
- After the adventure there is concluded, there will be a massive amount of Riku/Elsa Ship Tease, even more than Sora/Ariel in the first two games.
- Think about it. Riku's behavior in the first game pretty much sunk any possible pairing with Kairi, but let's look at Elsa. She has this natural ability that makes herself a danger to everyone around her, and which nearly kills someone very dear to her, despite her best intentions. Hmm... where have we seen this before?
- At this point, Frozen is pretty much a shoo-in, as stated on its own WMG page. There's two reasons why a Frozen world would be beneficial for both franchises:
- Pandering to the Japanese fanbase. Frozen is enjoying Titanic-like success in Japan, which is also Kingdom Hearts' country of origin. This is pretty much why it's almost guaranteed to be in the game.
- Helping to introduce more male fans to Frozen. Even if it's a Cast Full of Pretty Boys, an RPG video game has a much higher proportion of male fans than a Disney princess movie, so if Arendelle as a world is done awesomely then it'd succeed in winning them over.
- Jossed. While Yasue did express that he would like to include a world for Frozen, it won't be appearing in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Tangled will also appear as a worldAnd if Rapunzel is a D-link (if that returns), then she grants restorative powers (Regen for example), stuns, and the final limit is simply her squashing enemies flat with a frying pan.
- Sora's Keyvhain from that world (a length of golden hair with a chameleon figurine on the end) will change the Keybalade into a giant frying pan. Riku will actually mock him for this.
Instead of Disney Junior shows, as another WMG suggested, recent Disney Channel shows would be included.As much as having preschool shows would troll the fans it would be a bigger troll to have shows with a fanbase comparable to Justin Bieber (and a hatedom to match).
- Stop having Nomura troll us, aren't we supposed to have him winning us over?
- Alternatively, he goes back a little further - Traverse Town (Or whatever town is the base for Kingdom Hearts 3) has a a store that sells Proud Snacks and Penny Proud being an NPC. Dave the Barbarian is an optional boss. Jake Long is also an NPC in the traverse town. The Recess gang is hanging out, with Mikey being the only one who can stand proud snacks, with Gretchen acting as a gummi engineer or in-game hint system, (If not Raven), Tish, Tino, Carver, and Lor hanging out.
Related to the Disney Channel WMG above, A.N.T. Farm would get its story completed in this game, complete with world and all.Since the show got canceled and drew the ire of Flyna shippers due to the last minute Folive shipping, the game would expand the What Could Have Been ideas for the show and give the Flyna ship its intended happy ending (as opposed to the rushed conclusion), and for fun, most of the puzzles in that world would involve doing talent-based stuff (Like a rhythm minigame or answering some questions about the KH universe).
Sora will receive a Disney Infinity figure to help promote the game.Other potential characters include Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi...
- To my eternal surprise, even as the OP, this might actually be a thing!
There will be at least one death among the heroesRoxas giving up his existence for Ven? Xion's previous heroic sacrifice unable to be reversed? Kairi (or another Princess of Heart) getting fatally injured with darkness? Unable to bring Terra back through any means and his Xehanort-possessed selves are already gone? Who knows, either way there is going to be some kind of life lost and it will make a huge impact on the story and Sora's character, most likely leading to a It's Personal moment.
History repeating itself and the ending of a cycle will be a major force/theme
Sora himself will be the seven of lightDue to having so many hearts in him at one point or another Sora on his own be the seven of light. As of this writing Sora has had six heart of light in him at one point or another: himself, Ven, Kairi, Riku, Roxas, and Xion. With one more he will be seven hearts in one body against one heart in thirteen bodies.
There will be a Phineas and Ferb special like Mission Marvel to promote the gameThe plot will be about Doofenshmirtz bringing the Heartless in the Tri-State Area, so Sora will help Agent P stop him. In a subplot, the duo will help Hope Esthiem (if you don't know why, shame on you), who is dealing with the death of his mother and getting bullied. So, they modify his toy boomerang as a self-defense weapon. Donald and Goofy see them in action and beg them to join their group. During the climax, Hope uses his boomerang to deal with the Heartless.
Roxas and Xion will be allowed to exist separately from SoraRemember how Ansem the Wise told Riku that Sora's heart may have the ability to bring back people who have been lost or no longer exist in Dream Drop Distance? He just might be on to something there.
There will be a Mission ModeSeeing how the game is a partial Series Finale, it would be great to be able to play as every important character (The main trio, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Organization XIII (plus Dual Wielding Roxas and Lea separate characters), all Xehanorts, the Birth by Sleep characters...) in a Mission Mode like the one featured in Days. It could either be its own separate mode like in Days, or be implemented within Story Mode in a Mirage Arena-like setting.
The Disney worlds are a mixture of new worlds and returning worlds - with the overarching goal between them being that they were all paths Xehanort might choose to take, so the protagonists are visiting all these worlds not to seal the keyholes from heartless, but to seal the keyhole to close the door on Xehanort's plans. Sometime before Birth by Sleep (including timetravel), Xehanort had set up his plans in these worlds, and will return to check on them.
- Another WMG up there suggested that Xehanort's business in Frozen is because Elsa's heart had become equally light and dark, making her potentially able to summon the x-blade. His plans are quashed by the protagonists getting Elsa to accept her powers, thus closing her off.
- From Tangled, Xehanort had (in the past) seen the flower, and noticed that it could "heal" hearts. He thought Ven was worthless, which was why he didn't take Ven to the flower before. By the events of Kingdom Hearts 3, the flower had been picked and Gothel had kept Rapunzel in the tower, but Xehanort might return in hopes that he coule either convert Rapunzel or Gothel into a vessel, or use Rapunzel as one of his seven lights. (OR even have her "heal" a Nobody into a copy of Xehanort.) Flynn cuts her hair, and thus Rapunzel loses her power to "heal" hearts. (Subsequently this is what made Sora attractive to Xehanort in Dream Drop Distance.)
- In Brave, Xehanort seeks to exploit the witch - since her spell had turned Mor'du into a demonic bear, which is in fact a result of his heart being stained with pride and darkness. For some reason, Mor'du was imperfect and simply left as a rampaging heartless, but Elinor and/or Merida appear to be much more suitable subjects... alternatively, he was behind the Witch's disappearance.
- In Wreck-It-Ralph, he noticed King Can-I mean Turbo's heart becoming stained, and noticed that he was able to warp reality in a game. So Xehanort seeks to take Turbo as one of his "Darknesses", since he's artificial, and might potentially be able to "develop" a heart of Xehanort makes him into a nobody.
- Princess and the Frog: Easy... Xehanort wanted to make Dr. Facilier and Mama Odie fight, creating the x-blade.
- If Oz appears as a world, two possiblities:
- Oz the Great and Powerful: Xehanort was either responsible for Evanora's Start of Darkness or he egged her on, making her into a potential vessel. Or, maybe he didn't think Evanora was strong enough, and thought maybe Theodora would be better. He eggs on Evanora since he could get another backup vessel with Theodora, except that the apple turns her into a heartless, creating a Nobody that could be bred into a vessel. When Evanora's necklace is removed, she herself becomes a heartless, also creating a nobody that can be made into a vessel. (Donald helps contribute to Oscar's trickery) The Wicked Witch of the West is fought twice - the second time as a Dual Boss with Evanora. Sadly, by destroying the two heartlesses, Sora gives Xehanort one or two more vessels.
- Return to Oz: Xehanort had visited the Nome king in the past and noticed that the Nome King was essentially a nobody - so he tried to see if the Nome King had a heart or not. In the current timeline, Xehanort returns and finds that the Nome King is starting to turn more human (like he does in the movie) and ergo becoming part of him. Xehanort's influence has made the Nome King more evil, and Sora shuts off his plans by defeating the Nome King and denying him a vessel. Being Xehanort... there is another road he could take...
The Dark Side and Twilight Thorn enemies will make a reappearance
- Maybe you'll have to fight one of each at the same time, even.
Prince Hans has a Villainous BreakdownUnlike Frozen where he's a sociopath who acts like nothing's wrong after Elsa heals Anna, he'll have a breakdown now that his plans in taking over Arendelle are ruined, letting in the Heartless. After Sora and gang beat him, then he acts like he did at the end. Sora's about to hit him with the Keyblade, only for Anna to get the final punch in.
If Oz is a world, it will most likely be Oz the great and powerful.It's more recent.
There will be a Bonus Boss quest between Sora and his friendsIn some friendly competition and preparation for the difficult battles ahead, you go one on one with whoever would be weakest of the Seven Lights you've amassed, and slowly progress to whoever is the most powerful. It's an optional side quest that you can just pick up during peaceful times by going over to your next combatant and asking if they wanna fight. In the spirit of no cheating (don't want people to level up too fast) you can only trigger a fight after beating the previous combatant in the roster (although this is exempt from whoever is first in the chain).
- Everyone will also have unique boss themes that are original and made specifically for KH 3 or the music will be entirely returning and revamped tracks for the fight; like Aqua faced with Hunter of the Dark playing, Riku using the same boss music as his fight in Days, Roxas with The Other Promise, Lea giving The Thirteenth Struggle a triumphant return, or facing off against Ventus with a twist return of Unbreakable Chains.
We already know the order of at least a few of the people to be saved and/or restoredIt's right in the Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance opening: Roxas, Terra, Ven, and Aqua are shown in that order. I theorize that the order of rescuing these Lights will be this reversed, since it's easier to grab Aqua from the Ro D so she can grab Ven from CO, then Terra can be brought back through friendship/magic/????(Terra getting back confuses me to no end), and then, after finding a way to spilt Terra from Xehanort and experimenting with heart restoration in a light sense, Roxas can be split from Sora and/or Ventus with little difficulty.
Ventus will have of a freak out when he catches up with everything.Mostly pertaining to the facts that: 1) He almost died to stop the χ-Blade from being forged only for it to all happen again later 2) (this depends on whether or not Terra and/or Aqua have been found) He almost died to keep his friends safe and they aren't anyways 3) with his heart presumably still in it's 100% light status (maybe more towards 90% but you get the idea) getting him involved may cause a χ-Blade no matter what anyone does which = Xehanort wins which may not be taken well
More non-Final Fantasy Square-Enix characters will appear.Cue the gang of the The Bouncer having a role in the game.
Maleficant will use the Datascape to create Heartless of Light.Data Sora's Heartless used Light yet desired Hearts to fuel it's Darkness. If Maleficant were to obtain the Datascape chances are that she'll tamper with it in order to create a new type of entity made of Light yet holding the minds of Heartless. Such being would devour the Light leaving the Darkness to consume what's left and thus be aiding the Darkness while under the control of Maleficant. These beings might even attack the Realm of Darkness exposing Aqua to the notion of Light Is Not Good.
The opening song will be Passion Orchestrated and the end will be Simple and CleanSimilar to how DDD used Hikari Orchestrated for the opening and Passion -after the battle- for its end.
- Doubtful. More likely, Square-Enix will commission a completely new theme song.
- Perhaps both Sanctuary and Simple and Clean will be implemented into the opening and ending; both one after the other(end) and remixed together(opening)
There will be a crossover with Bravely DefaultHow the crossover would happen varies.
- Luxendarc would be an actual world and Sora, Donald and Goofy (and any other playable characters) go there to help Agnés, Edea, and Ringabel (Tiz may or may not be Adapted Out)
- this Luxendarc would similar to the later loops where the Eternean Forces would not be villain save certain members
- Orthros, Rhushaka, Chaugnar, and Gigas Lich would be retooled into heartless or replaced by Heartless expies
- The visitable areas the party go to would be smaller and most of the dungeons and some cities would be cut.
- The 4 crystals or the Holy Pillar together would be the keyhole and thus the various disasters are the result of the Heartless taking control.
- Alternatively the plot would be adapted to Traverse Town and the story would be that the Warriors of Light were sent there when Luxendarc fell into darkness. This leads into New districts of Traverse Town.
- The cause of the fall would be Ouroboros or Xehanort controlling the heartless and targeting the keyhole by way of the holy pillar. Airy may or may not be an accomplice.
Lea appearing where he did in KH 3 D is foreshadowing.It's because Xehanort was responsible for the Start of Darkness of some of the Org XIII members - Lea and Isa had their hearts removed by a machine, the same one that Even and Ienzo used. Naturally the same machine was used several times... and Lea and Isa were the only ones who survived. Larxene was probably the complete opposite of what you saw her as a Nobody, she was acting that sadistic because she believes that the end justifies the means. Demyx's strength of heart comes from his laziness and apathy.
The ending will feature multiple Book EndsThey will refer to the very beginning of the series when you started out on the Destiny Islands, except this time much of the new cast will be included. There will even be a new raft, except this time symbolic of a whole new era of peace beginning or an adventure on the horizon or beginning anew rather than a means of escape like last time.
There will be multiple mentions of "I love you" and variations of it between the original cast, especially at the endHowever most- if not all -of it will be purely platonic. Solidifying most of the group as True Companions with each other.
The idea that anyone could become a 'Nort will drive tensions up the wall between everyoneReally the only one exempt from such suspicions and cautions would be Kairi for her Po H status and Riku for the explicit mention he's grown too resistant, but even then with some Insane Troll Logic to try and match Xehanort's Crazy-Prepared they could get a serving. Either way even Sora will have trouble placing full and absolute trust in anyone if anyone could become the enemy at any moment.
We will get glimpses of Xehanort and Eraqus's apprenticeshipIt honestly wouldn't make much sense to have this if that wasn't so. The teaser's images are Xehanort on the left (identified by bangs and being associated with the first speaker, who seems to be YMX's seiyuu) and the one on the right resembles Eraqus, with tied back hair and a few wavy bangs (unfortunately we have no clue if that's his younger seiyuu for sure since he hasn't had one, so therefore for now there is no way to confirm this is indeed a younger Eraqus). It's a teaser that suggests important plot details, namely snippets about the Keyblade War (implying the story is passed from Master to apprentice, the reason it was fought, "lost masters"- which is intriguing wording which seems like Xehnort doesn't think them as entirely evil for whatever they did, which for now I am saying is starting the first war). It also displays Xehanort's earliest intrest in the Keyblade War, so perhaps we will see flashbacks of what lead to his Start of Darkness without time travel involved.
In a weird twist Xehanort will be his own spanner in the works.Something will go down that causes Young Xehanort to turn on his older self and due to the nature of time travel in the series will cement Master Xehanort's defeat. Xehanort himself will lampshade this and it will also prove what Sora said in the first game to be true. "The Heart may be weak and sometimes even give in, but deep down there's a light that never goes out"
There will be a world based on one of Disney's live action TV showsProbably not a girly music show world, but maybe something with action in it like Wizards of Waverly Place, Kickin' It, or Lab Rats.
- Wizards of Waverly Place - Sora and the gang get involved in one of the main Wizards arcs, perhaps the Gorog arc.
- Kickin' It - Sora and the gang help Jack and the Wasabi Warriors in their feud with the Black Dragons.
- Lab Rats - Sora and the gang fight Douglas Davenport an Marcus with help from Adam, Bree, and Chase.
The Destiny Islands will be attacked and razed by XehanortBecause why not make it personal for Sora and show how far off the deep end Xehanort has gone.
- Remember the first game? Been there, done that. Bonus points for Destiny Islands being Xehanort's homeworld, too.
- Maybe we could end up seeing Caim and Angelus as bonus bosses and perhaps getting bonus point for reenacting his introduction scene from Drakengard 2 but with heartless instead of soldiers. Another thing could be a plot with Nier and the Shadowlord incorporating much of the moral vagueness of the game and maybe mistaking the shades for heartless.
The meanings/implications of "On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire."Because it's specific enough for tinfoil hats yet vague enough to be anything. Why not make a list of theories and interpretations?
- The heroes will lose.
- A light will become a Nort.
- A world very dear to the heroes will be lost and they are powerless to stop it.
- The world will most likely be Traverse Town (That world is a patchwork world that only exists because other worlds fell into darkness), Twilight Town (Sitting perfectly between the realms of Light and Darkness, it's destruction will also serve as a visual metaphor for Xehanort's newfound advantage), or Radiant Garden (In that case it would be more like reclaiming lost territory). Traverse Town would be the most likely.
- Why not Destiny Islands?
- The world will most likely be Traverse Town (That world is a patchwork world that only exists because other worlds fell into darkness), Twilight Town (Sitting perfectly between the realms of Light and Darkness, it's destruction will also serve as a visual metaphor for Xehanort's newfound advantage), or Radiant Garden (In that case it would be more like reclaiming lost territory). Traverse Town would be the most likely.
- A light will die.
- "On that LAND shall darkness prevail." At the risk of getting a little too meta, one of the new worlds in the game could be...Disneyland. We've already had Disney Castle and Disney Town, so why not Disney Land? As shown by the footage of Sora fighting using pieces of the Big Thunder Mountain ride, some parts of Disneyland clearly exist in the KH universe. The Disneyland-based world could be a darker, twisted version created by several other worlds colliding together.
- Or a pseudo Mythology Gag for Epic Mickey.
- Uh... doesn't Riku and Terra's names both mean 'Earth'? As in... Land? And we both know what happened when both of them got exposed to the darkness.
- It's fulfilled prophecy. "On that land shall Darkness prevail and Light expire." is talking about The land of departure: Eraqus was extinguished and darkness took over.
- Or... It was a prophecy by one of the characters from the online game predicting the keyblade war and the event at the graveyard.
- Or my guess being that the Kingdom Hearts is pure darkness. But like I said, it is "Pure", free of evil and corruption and the whole elight expire could perhaps be put in relation to the "Sora becomes a dark being" guess above.
Ventus will be a Shipper on Deck for Sora and KairiPresuming he wakes up, that is.
The hearts of the worlds will play a larger role this time aroundI don't know how for sure, but imagine Sora's heart-affecting abilities have found a way to actually interact with those hearts, leading to moments where he can effect his enviroment in ways he normally can't: like giving him admin access in a Tron based world, or being able to operate restoration machinery in Radiant Garden from a touch quite a ways away. He could tell the world what he wanted done and the world will comply.
- Or the worlds can pull in their strength and grant Sora access to every single keyblade he ever had access to, even the one's he lost for whatever reason, all at once during the final battle against Xehanort. Think Cloud's Advent Children Omnislash up to eleven.
- This could be part of the reason Sora can create Disney Theme Park Rides to use in battle.
- She doesn't even have to end up looking like Jolie exactly just redesigned to use the anime style of the Original Generation characters with features from both versions.
- Or she can be fatally wounded, Sora uses his power of heart to heal her, resulting in the Anime Style Middle Ground of both versions.
- Jolie Maleficent could be from another version of the Sleeping Beauty world (not a stretch, since all the Disney worlds are alternates anyway). Sora and the others wouldn't trust her at first, but once the original Maleficent shows up the difference will be obvious, especially that version of Maleficent's Aurora was already awoken from her sleep by Jolie Maleficent herself.
Ventus will be a Morality Chain for Aqua to a degreeEleven/twelve-ish years in the Ro D for what amounts to no reason added to Terra's successful norting and not very good opinions about Xehanort might lead Aqua to becoming more of a gung-ho Knight Templar with some greyer morality than the events of Birth By Sleep. Contrast Ventus, who- while probably understanding where she's coming from -has been asleep within Sora this whole time and is probably pretty unchanged and still the kiddo who knows what's right and looks for the best in others. Aqua always has Terra and Ventus first in her head, so with Terra somewhat out of that equation it'll probably be Ventus and his well-being overall doing the convincing for Aqua to not give in to darker ideas. Which won't be very good if Ven does end up getting hurt, or worse, norted.
Sora will meet Goofy's son MaxIf Max is a young boy he'll be mad at Sora (and Donald to an extent) for keeping his Dad away for so long. If he's a teenager or young adult he'll feel a little jealous at their close relationship. As a happy alternative they end up hitting it off and become Hetero Sexual Life Partners. However, no matter what happens Sora will be thoroughly shocked that Goofy has a son.
- He would also be a knight in training. If Max appears, he would have a Forbidden Friendship with PJ.
We'll find out why Zira and her pride become outcastsSimply because The Lion King needs to tie up it's loose ends.
Sora will meet a certain “Dark One"After summoning Rumpelstiltskin in a time of desperation they'll end up bantering for a little while, with Rumple noting how odd Sora's universe is, and then things get serious when they strike a deal. In case you're wondering how this could be possible we must remember that Sora's version of Merlin is a time traveling reality warper and it's possible that the two have run into one another.
- It's also notable that Rumpel himself can travel between Worlds and that not all of the doorways in the show have been shown.
Nightwish's Tuomas Holopainen will end up writing a song for the game.Seriously, have you heard his Scrooge McDuck album? Someone at Disney will hire him to write the theme song alongside Usada. Who Framed Roger Rabbit universe!
- Somehow, I am both curious and scared of what the fandom's reaction would be if that happened...
Lightning if she appears will have a role similar to Cloud and Auron from previous gamesTo be specific she will start out working for Hades (Possibly due to the fact that he might have another character from Final Fantasy XIII hostage.) but after you defeat her she may become a party member that helps you defeat Hades.
Relating to the Rumpelstiltskin theory
- The reason Sora will summon him is so that he can learn how to take people's hearts. This is a skill some people in the OUAT verse have and Sora will need it if he wants to give Ven his heart back without turning into a heartless again.
When you battle an Organization Member who has a personal connection to one of the Heroes that Character will be a Party MemberFor example Lea when fighting Saix or Riku during the Boss Fight against Ansem Seeker of Darkness
The Horned King will be one of the villainsHe is incredibly popular in Japan and they have been trying to find a way to work him into the plot since the first game.
There will be a multiplayer mode.In the vein of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, it will be about a team of warriors and mages that Yen Sid deploys on missions during the main story when Sora and the others are busy. His magic train will be their transportation and they can be equipped with items that are Mythology Gags to Disney and Final Fantasy (Kim Possible mission outfits and Final Fantasy weapons like gunblades, for example). There will be an exchange between single and multiplayer in the form of items and experience as well as costume unlocks for multiplayer, but it won't affect the endings.
Pre-Order outfits will be available as DLC.Like the Final Fantasy XIII DLC but with actual stat increases like the Mass Effect 3 DLC costumes, with character's base outfits giving bonuses as well, ex. the Organization cloak can be worn by Sora, Riku and Kairi with defense bonuses against Darkness and Water attacks (because it's a raincoat) and Keyblade armor that increases general Defense/Darkness. For exclusives Kairi will have a Princess Classic costume (with a shorter skirt to avoid clipping issues), Riku his Vanitas-esque body suit and Sora a more mature version of his original outfit.
New and Returning Party Members.
- World, Castle Oblivion/Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats, Medium HP, Low Strength, Mid Low Defence, High Magic and Good Agility
- Abilities, Primarily uses more powerful versions of the spells that Sora has access to
- Limit, Sora and Aqua launch a barrage of powerful magic spells in a circle around them
- World, Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats, High HP, High Strength, Good Defence, Low Magic and Low Agility
- Abilities, Mainly relies on his Keyblade with the occasional use of Darkness and Earth Magic
- Limit, Terra and Sora will do a series of synchronized Keyblade strikes. They will occasionally create shockwaves causing meteors to fall from the sky
- World, Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats Low HP, Good Strength, Good Defence, Good Magic and Amazing Agility
- Abilities Fights a lot like Sora but with Wind and Holy Spells added to his arsenal
- Limit, Sora and Ventus use a Limit somewhat similar to Eternal Seisson from Kingdom Hearts 2 but 70% more Tornado
- Iron Man
- World, Earth 199999 (Or whatever they call the Marvel World if its in this game)
- Stats, Good HP, Mid Low Strength, Good Defence, High Magic (Irony) and Low Agility
- Abilities, Primarily Attacks using Repulsor Rays and Lock-On Missles
- Limit, Iron Man and Sora unleash a massive amount of projectiles around themselves that ends with a Unibeam blast
The Foretellers are the Men Behind The Man for Xehanort.They are hinted to be the Lost Masters from the teaser.
Worse they are the complete beings of Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord and Larxene.Marluxia rules Anguis(Ambiguous Gender and has a floral Keyblade), Demyx is incharge of Leopardos(young looking), Luxord leads Unicornis(manly) and Larxene runs Vulpeus(female and has a cloud Keyblade). The Ursus Foreteller is either the only one without a Nobody or his Nobody is in hiding.
Yiazmat will be an optional bossBeing a denizen of the Realm of Light, Yiazmat's battle will have a ton of light-related spells flying around and due to its ridiculous amount of health in its source game, fighting Yiazmat will be long and as its health get lower, Yiazmat busts out new attacks (including character-exclusive skills) and alters its pattern, culminating in having access to EVERY SINGLE ATTACK IN THE GAME.
Neither the heroes nor Xehanort will get to Ven's bodyInstead a certain magic illuminati dorito will nab it and proceed to use it to cause complete chaos. Heck he could even fight with Xehanort over the right to an empty puppet while being persued by Sora and co.
The Firebird will appear as a bonus boss.Just as the title says.
Olympus Colliseum will returnAnd this time the tournaments will be on Mount Olympus. You may also be able to meet Zack there again, too.
- Adding to this Zack will be on Olympus because he became a True Hero and thus became a god.
The legend about the Keyblade War is completely trueThe inevitable war happens, and the worlds become plunged into the oblivion of darkness. However, like the children whose light restored the worlds to their current form, Sora and company come to the rescue. Whether it be through finding the true light of Kingdom Hearts or the light in our heroes hearts, a Universal Reset Button is pushed and the worlds are restored to their original state of legend: one whole universe with no vast darkness between. To replace (or perhaps join) the legend of old is a tale about a boy with a Keyblade who brought the world back to the true light with the help of his True Companions.
There will be a new set of enemiesThey will be called "Afterlives." They are formed if either: A. The Nobody is slain before the Heartless, or B. If an evil person dies. If the former, Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord became Afterlives, explaining their absences. If it's the latter, the final boss would be Xehanort's Afterlife. Once an Afterlife is slain, they reincarnate.
- Alternatively, they'll be called "Remnants," with the Vanitas Remnant being our first hint of them.
There will be hints of Disney musicals in the worldsNomura DID want to make FFXV one after seeing Les Miserables, but since he got turned down on that one he might put those ideas into here. One song a world, perhaps? Maybe even a finale when you finish the plot for a world, just cutscenes where they sing with no mini game, or you know what just maybe off-to-the-side Easter eggs from NP Cs in peaceful areas. Hopefully they'll be much more enjoyable than KH 2’s Atlantica.
Kairi will get significant Character DevelopmentThrough the fact that- through some means -she'll finally remember her life in Radiant Garden completely and in more detail. This might also be pretty key to the plot! Kairi probably knew the amnesiac Terranort, since he was the one who sent her to the islands in the first place, and such details might lead to an upper hand on the fight with Xehanort since the heroes will now know knowledge that Xehanort didn't anticipate them to find out. What'll probably trigger this is her going to Radiant Garden, probably with Sora and/or Riku, since this time it can really sink in what this place is (didn't really stay long enough in Hollow Bastion to really learn the name or see much detail that could trigger her). Who knows, she might even get a sequence akin to Once Upon a December as she recalls more and more about her life. Or maybe not. She was about four after all.
If Riku and Kairi are playableEach character will have a different play style.
- Sora: His play style will combine the reaction commands and Drive forms from Kingdom Hearts II and the Command Deck from the later games.
- Riku: He will have both the Command Deck and Flow Motion from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
- Kairi: Since she will be just learning how to use her Keyblade, her style will be based on the style of Kingdom Hearts.
- Sora would combine Terra's physical strength with Ven's speed and defense, which would make him pretty much the same as he was in past games, customization aside. Sora's drawback is that his magic would be the same as it was in past games, with neither Riku's darkness nor Kairi's light augmenting it.
- Riku would have Terra's power and dark attacks, but with Aqua's magic, his dark powers would be stronger and more varied than Terra's were, possibly adding Dark versions of Blizzaga and Thundaga to his arsenal. His drawback (much like in Dream Drop Distance) would be weaker defense and lower HP than Sora, requiring him to defeat enemies quickly instead of drawing out a battle.
- Kairi would, of course, be a mix of Ven's speed, light attacks, and healing abilities with Aqua's combat magic, but would be a bit on the fragile side (though making up for it at high levels) due to not having as much experience as the other two.
The final segment of the introductory sequence of Dream Drop Distance spoiled the climax of Kingdom Hearts III...At the end of the game, Sora, Riku, and King Mickey will confront Xehanort, who will summon the Thirteen Darknesses and give himself as much of a high ground advantage as possible. King Mickey will then summon the rest of the Seven Guardians of Light(and anybody else he can think of that could possibly help within his power without it being too draining), and a Battle Royale With Cheese will commence.
There will be multiple endings, based on several factors:
- Which difficulty you're playing on.
- How close to 100% Completion you got to.
- Decisions the Destiny Islands Trio makes individually at various branching points.
- Things you did in the X.5 Remix mix games via Old Save Bonus and the X-Box or Playstation Network clouds.
- Whether or not you played Kingdom Hearts Chi, and what you did during your playthrough.
There will be Final Fantasy-based DLC costumesAnd they will have special weapons relating to that character.
- Sora: Cloud Strife, featuring the return of Metal Chocobo.
- Riku: Cecil Harvey. He will be wearing his Paladin costume. If he is able to use Dark Mode again, then he will wear his Dark Knight armor.
- Kairi: Lightning Farron. With the announcement of Keyblades that can act as projectiles, it would be perfect for Kairi to have a Keyblade modeled after Lightning's Gunblade.
- Donald: Vivi Ornitier.
- Goofy: Kimahri Ronso. He will have a shield that's basically a comically over-sized version of one of Kimahri's armlets.
- King Mickey: The Warrior of Light.
- Lea: Reno. Yeah, I know it's predictable.
Disney Worlds and the events that occur
- San Fransokyo: When Hiro orders Baymax to kill Yokai, his heart will give into darkness and become a Heartless. Kairi's let will set him back to normal, but the group has to find his Nobody to complete him. After beating it, you get Baymax as a Summon.
- Andy's House/Sid's House: When Sora and the gang learn about a world where toys are alive, this makes Sora paranoid about his childhood. Riku will especially panic because he would seem like the kind of kid that would blow up his toys. Donald would use his magic to help Woody and Buzz defend themselves.
- Arendelle: Sora and the gang come and are convinced by the town's folk that Elsa is a monster. When they see Elsa for who she really is, they end up conflicted who to help, since neither side is in the wrong.
- Olympus Coliseum: I had another theory concerning Emperor Meteus in the FF character theories, but here's an alternative one. Snow Villiers comes to Olympus to learn how to be a hero from Hercules. When Hades sees him with his fiancé, Serah, he kidnaps her and forces Snow to work for him in exchange for her safety.
- Bill Cipher from  will either be a bonus boss or be involved in the plot somehow
Wonderland will be burned to the ground by Xenahort.The remains will look like the Tim Burton film. This would fit with the darker tone Nomura wants for the game.
Master Xehanort's new voice actors...With Nimoy and Otsuka down for the count, who are they gonna get to replace them?
- English: Probably someone like Corey Burton or Jim Cummings, but preferably not since they're already doing a lot of the "old man" voices and they're starting to blend together.
- Japanese: This trooper isn't as familliar with Japanese voice actors, so for now no ideas.
- I say you can't replace Chikao or Nimoy. Have Master Xehanort silently age himself down to a body in say his 30's, and have Braig/Xigbar snark about it.
Marvel is a compilation of the three properties.Or rather, III will feature one big superhero world, "City of Heroes", that's a blend of Big Hero 6, the Incredibles, and Marvel. You get three optional party members some way or another - Hiro and Baymax, Mr. Incredible, and Captain America. Yokai, Syndrome, and Ultron are the villains in a Big Bad Triuumvirate.
Chernabog will be revealed to be in semi-league with XehanortThe big guy's Satan and nobody's more made of darkness than him, besides Vanitas, anyway. Lets say Chernabog basically lends the Dark Seekers extra Heartless to help plunge the universe into darkness. The National Bank of Bald Mountain, as it were. Come on, you know you want another boss fight with this guy.
The final battle will involve two X-Blades: Xehanort's and the originalXehanort's plan is to combine seven lights and thirteen darknesses into a new X-Blade. It doesn't take into account that there already was one that was destroyed in the Keyblade War. There's been plenty of speculation that Sora and Mickey's Kingdom Keys are somehow related to the X-Blade. Maybe they're the broken remains of the original (with some pieces cobbled together from Ven's/Vanitas' failed X-Blade), and rebuilding the original X-Blade will be essential to countering Xehanort's X-Blade if his plan succeeds.
Terra has a Heartless somewhere in the worldsWhen Young Xehanort surrendered to darkness, Xemnas was created from his body and soul, and 'Ansem' from his heart. But as there were two hearts in there—Master Xehanort's and Terra's—Terra's Heartless must still be somewhere out there. And with the degree of darkness inside of him, odds are it's not a pushover.
If Treasure Planet were to grace the game...The RLS Legacy from Treasure Planet will be a world similar to Monstro, where it simply... appears as you're going to another world and Sora, Donald, and Goofy find themselves stowed away on the Legacy. Which does not go over well when Mr Arrow finds them and shows them to the good captain Amelia, who is about to have them locked in the brig when Heartless appear and neat work is made of them. Amelia is mildly impressed and hires Sora and co. on to defend the ship from the Heartless, which have been plaguing the journey. Eventually they do arrive at Treasure Planet (to Sora's childlike glee) and everything proceeds roughly as it did in the movie, though they skip Amelia getting hurt from the bad landing and just have them kidnapped right from the off, and the alarm system triggers a huge boss fight rather than the planet exploding. It explodes as a result of the boss fight OR the world is destroyed because of Xehanort. This of course assuming the worlds dip back into the way they were done in the first and second games, where the Heartless were integrated into the general plot of the original film. The Legacy' would be a good world to have because the nature of the movie's universe would mean they, like Triton, know about other worlds out there. And so could bring news about other worlds falling out of existence. Also I just really, really, really want Jim Hawkins as a Guest Star Party Member.