open/close all folders
True Organization XIII Speculation
Ansem The Wise is one of Xehanort's vesselsIf you look at the flashbacks in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, you can notice that his ears are more round and his eyes are darker. As DiZ, his skin appears to be the same tone as Xehanort's Heartless, and his eyes and ears are closer to Xehanort's other vessels.
Marluxia is one of the ThirteenXigbar and Saix are two of Xehanort's bodies and they weren't seen with the resurrected other members so he could be a vessel as well for Master Xehanort. Either he made him into one as punishment for what he tried to do in Castle Oblivion or he offered it to him and he accepted.
- Seconding Marluxia: Young Xehanort, as the Mysterious Figure, used several of Marluxia's signature moves, and his battle theme even incorporated part of Marluxia's Leitmotif. This points to a significant connection between Xehanort and Marluxia.
- On the other hand it's also possible that Marluxia didn't appear there because he didn't become a Heartless/Nobody there, or maybe he wasn't restored seeing how apparently nobodies only return to their original forms if their heartless was killed first, and the Grim Reaper, which is probably Marluxia's heartless was destroyed after him.
- I'd say it's worth having Marluxia-nort simply so we can fight him again. If his new moveset had both his Re: Chain of Memories and KH2 Final Mix+ abilities, that would be one hell of a battle.
- Xehanort himself said he wanted a new Organization that didn't have any "doubting" or "incompetent" members, so I think the traitorous Marluxia or the wimpy Demyx won't fit into his new Org. OTOH, those heartless in the Tangled world in the new trailer did make me think of Marly a lot...So, possibly this'll make his return. Is he in cohorts with Gothel? Is he atoning for his past sins? Time will only tell...
Luxord is a vesselHe's Nomura's favorite Nobody, after all. And let's not forget that his specialty is time manipulation, which is something that Xehanort is getting a kick out of.
- Seconded: One of Xehanort’s chess pieces in the E3 trailer looks like a pair of dice, which points towards Luxord.
Disney villains will become part of the OrganizationI don't think I need to explain.
- No one represents Xehanort like Gaston?
- Prince Hans from Frozen
- Scar, Turbo, and Frollo would be good candidates. All three of them have so much darkness in their hearts. Scar didn't need to possess anyone to keep his physical form, Turbo would be able lo hide the fact that he's half Xehanort already by his King Candy disguise, and we know Frollo is just pure evil. Yes, they're too arrogant to really submit to anyone, let alone let someone else be the leader. But Isa was implied to have been brainwashed, proving that Xehanort is perfectly willing to force people into his Thirteen Darknesses if he thinks they're worthy. Scar could be mutated into a bipedal lion of sorts, like a Nortified lion as fan-art has often done.
- Evanora could be one if Xehanort doesn't mind the implications. She doesn't look like she's "Half Xehanort already" because she is hiding her true appearance using her necklace. When the necklace comes off, it's obvious that she's already half Xehanort, with the Recusant sigil being in plain sight. At first she tried to make Glinda into a recusant, but when that failed, turned to Theodora... and Xehanort, being Xehanort, decided that since Glinda couldn't be a recusant, she could be one of the seven lights since she would be more than happy to join the fight against Evanora for what she did to Theodora.
- I personally think live action characters of either gender are unlikely, but if you think Xehanort wouldn't have a problem with a female vessel, what about Lady Tremaine?
- Hiro From Big Hero 6. When the scene where they find out that Callaghan is Yokai, a common fan idea is what would have happened if Hiro had put on the mask instead of ripping out Baymax's chip. KH will instead go down that route and Hiro will become one of the thirteen Seekers.
- I would hate that so much if that happened. So would Ryan Potter.
- Jossed. The Big Hero 6 world apparently takes place after the events of the movie, so Hiro is still a...well, hero.
- That said, there's another candidate from Big Hero 6: Yokai /Professor Callaghan. He's got the Black Cloak deal down already, he has the same combat potential as Hiro-nort would have (both would presumably use microbots), he's still alive after the events of the movie, and he even has grey hair (the fact that he's older and it could be natural just makes it easier to hide being a Xehanort host). Sure, with his daughter safe, he has no motivation to become a villain again, but who said he had to join Xehanort willingly?
- Maleficent makes sense. Xehanort had the perfect opportunity to possess her in KH 1 when Possessed!Riku stabbed her with the Keyblade of People’s Hearts. Plus it would make her relevant again.
- The Horned King. After all, he's an incredibly dark villain from one of Disney's darkest films.
One or more new Original Generation characters will be a part of Xehanort's XIII
- This includes any alternate form of Xehanort that has yet to be introduced.
Young Xehanort is NOT one of the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness.
- Keep in mind that this was him before he embraced the darkness meaning he should still be aligned with Light. Not only that but in the end of Dream Drop Distance when we see the thirteen gather then all the thrones are taken while Young Xehanort is still standing in the middle. My guess is that he is just the gatherer of the thirteen but not a part of them. As such I think there is a good chance that Sora is one of the thirteen, whether he wants to or not.
- Fansite KHInsider interviewed Ben Diskin, Young Xehanort's voice actor, shortly after Dream Drop Distance's international release. Interestingly, he noted that when reading, he actually received the direction to make his voice less evil and brooding and more flat and ambiguous, for the same reason as OP listed first—this is a younger version of Xehanort, yes, but at this point he hasn't fully chosen Darkness or Light yet.
- He appears sitting on one of the thrones very briefly when all the Xehanorts start to fade. Right after Xigbar but before Saix. Before that while he's still talking to Riku the panning shot of all the cloaked figures only shows ten making thirteen in including Young Xehanort, Master Xehanort and Sora. He might still not appear in the next game though as he said he had to return to his own time but it looks like he was definitely intended to be a Seeker of Darkness for this particular gathering.
Sephiroth is/will be one of Xehanort's vessels.As noted elsewhere, he is the only other person in the series that invokes the White Hair, Black Heart trope, so might as well get him in there too. Maybe getting part of Xehanort's spirit will be his version of being part of JENOVA.
- Unlikely - the incarnation of Sephiroth that appears within the Kingdom Hearts series is specifically noted to be the incarnation of Cloud's inner darkness instead of having the same backstory as the game he appears in.
In the event of a Bravely Default crossoverAiry would be a vessel. She already has the White Hair going as well as a tendency for her wings to change and incorporate symbols so an X would be within the realm of possibility
Replica Riku is one of Xehanort's darknesses.This is very likely. Not only did a cloaked Riku appear inside Monstro (just before getting the chronicle for Chain of Memories) but way back in Chain Of Memoris Repliku *absorbed Zexion's darkness*. He easily could have unknowingly saved Zexion from becoming a vessel and made himself one by mistake.
- If we take time travel into account, then that could just as easily be the real Riku, snatched from before he let Ansem possess him and long before his resulting Heel–Face Turn. In addition, either of these theories would explain the "fake" Riku you encounter in the first game if you wait to complete Monstro until after you finished Hollow Bastion. And they say Nomura doesn't plan these things in advance...
- Except before Ansem possessed him Riku did not have enough darkness in him (he only truly let the darkness in when he was possessed). Vessels seem to need either a lot of susceptibility to darkness or be empty shells that cannot fight off Xehanort’s influence.
Xehanort will get to Ven before the heroes doAfter all, with Sora still (unintentionally) withholding Ven's heart from his body, there's nothing to stop them from finding Ventus and using him as another vessel. Well, except Castle Oblivion itself, but nothing More Dakka and a few cure spells won't fix.
- While Ven is a potential 13th Seeker, Xehanort could not get to him with More Dakka. If it was possible to brute force it, Xemnas would have done so already. Castle Oblivion will only reveal the Chamber of Waking to Aqua.
Zidane Tribal will be one of the thirteen darknesses.Zidane was created as a living weapon by Garland. Even though he's a good guy when acting of his own free will, Xehanort manipulating him into being the Angel of Death he was intended to be is well within the realm of possibility, especially given that Xehanort has already tried to corrupt Sora. Plus, it would give them an excuse to recruit Bryce Papenbrook to add to their list of Celebrity Voice Actors.
No Heart is one of the thirteen darknesses and is a Xemnas possessed Terra.After Ansem and Xemnas were slain they obviously merged back into one yet Master Xehanort is his old self again so in all likelyhood Xehanort extracted his heart from Terra and Xemnas's body leaving Xemnas's heart to take over and since Terra has Darkness in his heart Xemnas is able to use it to fill up the emptiness inside his own heart while giving him immense powers over Darkness which is what we see during the No Heart battle in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Whether he is loyal to Xehanort or The Starscream is unknown.
Alternatively No Heart is the sixth Foreteller and is secretly possessing Xehanort's Keyblade.Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix reveals that Xehanort's Keyblade has a will of it's own and No Heart can't be targeted while the Keyblade isn't attached not to mention the Keyblade having an animal theme and the blue eyed Keychain like all Foretellers have... No Heart will be the Final Boss of Kingdom Hearts III
- "Rushu" possibly Luxu or Luxo is indeed wielding the Ramshead Keyblade that Xehanort will wield. No sign of possession, so far.
Alternatively No Heart is the the Foretellers' master and Maleficent.Maleficant mentioned intrest in the prophetic tomes given to the Foretellers and has an interest in claiming the Datascape because she thinks it would help her rewrite the tomes for her own purposes. Also should be mentioned is that Xehanort's Keyblade is called the oldest so what if Maleficant not only created the prophetic tomes fortelling the Light's destruction and the rise of Darkness(something she wants), sent them through time alongside herself yet also invented the Keyblade in imitation of the χ-blade. It would explain why Xehanort's Keyblade is so similar to her own design...
- But Maleficent did not know about Kingdom Hearts or other worlds until Master Xehanort told her about them. And even then she only knew the incomplete method involving the Princesses of Heart. If she made Keyblades and the Book of Prophecies would have her own Keyblade and would not have lost the Book (or for that matter talk about it like it was legend).
Krux is one of the Thirteen.Seriously the guy has so many similarities with Xehanort it is hard not to think him as one. Both where former master of their trade that got consumed by their ambitions.
Kairi is a vesselBefore the logic of this is called into question, it's not the current Kairi. It's Kingdom Hearts one Kairi, whose body was literally heartless for a good majority of it and thus prime vessel material for the same reason as Ventus. An empty body with no heart and (mostly, especially compared to Ven) unguarded is basically a free vessel, and it's doubtful someone like Xehanort would pass that opprotunity up.
- The downside to this is that Kairi is a natural Princess of Heart, not an artificial one like Ventus, which means she may possess an immunity to darkness like Riku does, which would make her worse than useless as a Xehanort vessel. On the other hand, this would explain why Naminé can use dark portals even though she's the nobody of someone with zero darkness in her heart.
Braig and Xigbar are two separate incarnations of Master XehanortMy only evidence is the outfits. In Kingdom Hearts 2.5 secret ending, it is implied the events in this clip took place before Birth By Sleep. Braig's original self is in his uniform. This seems to contradict the True Organization XII reveal scene, as Xigbar is present in his nobody attire. This suggests that this is a time traveled nobody of Braig, instead of the Braig's original self.
Garland is one of the vessels.Garlands plan in Final Fantasy seems fairly similar to what Xehanort is up to.
Xehanort has more than Thirteen Darknesses.How can the Xehanorts gathered at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D be the Thirteen in Kingdom Hearts 3 if some of them were displaced by time travel and can now no longer travel? Simple, Xehanort has replacement Vessels ready in the present. The ones we don't know the identities of could be part of the main Thirteen but Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, and Young Xehanort can't be because they no longer exist in the present.
- But if so then why would he need Sora? In DDD, he explicitly only had 12 Darknesses, which was why he wanted Sora. Obtaining Sora if he already had enough would be redundant (and would limit the possible numbers of Guardians of Light needed to fight against him with no benefit).
- OP here. I should have elaborated more. The extras are back ups just in case something goes wrong. While the plan was to make Sora a Xehanort, it failed so he'll use one of his back ups. The same goes for the Xehanorts that had to return to their own times. Although this raises the question of how Xehanort planned to execute his plan to forge the X-Blade if his past selves were going to return to their own times anyway.
- But that’s just it, why would he need the Sora plan if he had backups? Xehanort may be Crazy-Prepared, but if he had 13 already then there was no reason to try and get Sora, which would only serve to rob him of a potential Light. What could possibly go wrong if he had what he needed already? If he wanted to make Sora a backup that would be one thing, but they specifically said they wanted to make Sora the 13th and that they only had 12 members. The entire plan for Sora, and all of the complications involved would be a huge waste if he didn’t need Sora (or at the very least thought Sora was a good choice but has backup plans to create another Darkness).
- Sora's not a potential Light; the Princesses of Heart are the 7 Lights, Sora's one of the 7 protectors, and Xehanort's fine with reducing their numbers, it saves him the trouble of dealing with them later (Xehanort notes gleefully that they're three protectors down, as he didn't know about Lea, he already had Terra and was about to make Sora another vessel).
The 13 Seekers of Darkness cannot die, because loophole abuse will occur for the rules of time travel
- While ther is technically no such thing is death in Kingdom Hearts. this does sound right. So long as there is one person who exists in the future none of the Seekers can rejoin kingdom hearts because they are still part of Xehanort's heart and thus tied to the realm of light.
The people in Sora are kinda a foil to the new Organization 13In a sense Sora have people in him such as Ventus, Roxas, and Xion. This may have the effect of making Sora's heart bigger. In contrast Xehanort spreads his heart around to make more minions and imposing his will on others making his heart smaller probably. Also Sora should find some way of letting his small "army" of his out along with maybe Namine. Otherwise it would be him against parasite infected members (unless they become genre savvy they may attack Sora and co one by one like the previous organization)
Steve Rogers is one of the ThirteenThe recent movies have been playing up the fact he is an old warrior, who's seen so much crap and just wants it to end, to the point of maybe being a death seeker. for Civil War and Ao U his life is in utter chaos. And while he has a good heart, a strong heart, and very empathetic, that can easily be turned against him, or used for false means. He's not going to be very discerning right now, other matters are taking preference. And Xehanort can just slip into his life. A new SHIELD friend, an ally out in the field. Someone who's dreams of knowledge and peace are not too far from what Steve wants, and he doesn't hear the cost until the hooks are already into him. Plus as he has had no contact with the KH saga before, unlike the rest he won't be on guard against corruption by Nobodies, the Norts, etc. With Big Hero 6 coming in, it will take the place of a "Super hero" world, but the Marvel universe is too big to ignore. Something has to make it in. And if they don't come in as summons, imagine the shock at seeing Steve Rogers with a Norted appearance.
Terra is one of Xehanort's vessels.
- Or Xehanort used the slave crown to bring her under his control.
Both Xigbar and Braig are part of the new OrganizationBased on the 2.5 secret ending, it seems he's achieved time-travel and managed to split into different versions of himself, just like MX. Either that or he can change into his different identities at will. Or maybe they'll just fuse together into one whole being that takes elements from both (Xibraig?).
Xemnas and Ansem arent part of the new OrganizationAnsem tSoD can't be a vessel because he's just Master Xehanort's heart at an earlier point. Similarly, Xemnas can't be destroyed twice and didn't have a heart when he was killed in KH 2. Those two and Young Xehanort were just at the 'gathering' of the seekers to give us some recognisable faces (and because YX was given the role of assembling the group) and rubbing it in to Riku that they've been stringing him and Sora along throughout the entire game. The three spots they took, and the spot Sora was going to take, are going to be 'surprises'.
Bonus Boss fights will include Data Copies of the Foretellers.Possibly including the 6th and the Master of Masters.
The Foretellers are part of Organization XIII-2Luxu is going to turn all five foretellers into seekers of darkness, starting with Ava. Luxu will join the new organization. They are the six vessels whom identities weren't revealed at the time. If beings from time periods are part of the organization then so to are the Foretellers.
Kairi's grandmother is AvaBecause how else would she know a story that's basically the plot of Kingdom Hearts X?
Returning Ven's heart will hurt Sora.Sora had carried an extra passenger for most of his life, after all. It's hard to imagine that having two hearts in one body didn't become natural to him. So when Ventus wakes up, it'll be like the event that made Vanitus and make Sora sick.
The chess pieces represents the present day darknesses and lights.Darknesses
- Ram Head: Master Xehanort
- Cog Halves: Vanitas
- Xehanort Guardian Heads (x2): Ansem So D and Terranort
- Two Arrowguns (x2): Xigbar and Braig
- Hourglass: Young Xehanort
- Spiky Circle: Saix/Isa
- Two Cubes: Luxord
- Crown: Sora
- Heartless Symbol: Riku (References Way to Dawn keychain)
- Mickey Mouse: King Mickey
- Star: ???
- The Star is most likely represents either Kairi or Aqua. It’s reminiscent of the Paopu Fruit and the Wayfinder
This game will finally reveal who is behind the voice in the Dive to the Heart areas.It still hasn't been unveiled who it is, leaving many fans to wonder how they could know to guide Sora to his place ("Destiny is never left to chance")
- I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to be Ventus.
- It was confirmed by Nomura that the voice was Mickey.
Terra will need to work through the consequences of his actions.Terra's going to have a lot of guilt and PTSD to work through. He used a power that was drilled into his head as evil, fought his father figure, lost Aqua's trust, and became possessed and forced to commit atrocities. He'll need to gain her forgiveness and learn to trust himself again, and it won't be pretty.
Xehanort is actually a Well-Intentioned Extremist.Specifics: During the new trailer, Xehanort is playing chess with Eraqus and discussing a prophecy where Darkness triumphs over Light. He seems to believe that You Can't Fight Fate, but at the end says he hopes the Light surprises him. Through the entire series, Xehanort has been trying to guide the Darkness' inevitable victory down a path that can be undone, and is counting on the heroes to fix the universe once the prophecy's been fulfilled.
- Unlikely. While him being a Well-Intentioned Extremist who believes he is fixing the world by creating balance is implied, he wouldn’t have tried to fulfill the prophecy by creating the X-Blade in Birth By Sleep, where the only reason he lost was because of Mickey’s appearance. There was no way in his plan for heroes of light to fix the world. Plus the line seems to be either sarcastic or him hoping for a challenge.
The 7 Guardians of Light will confront the True Organization in the Keyblade Graveyard, but Xehanort will winSpecifics: During the fight, Master Xehanort will exploit Sora's inexperience with Darkness again by either A) tricking the kid into thinking that the old man killed Kairi (really just an advanced sleep spell), or B) forcibly unlock his heart. This will cost the seven guardians the battle and Xehanort gains the X-Blade, along with the power of Kingdom Hearts itself. From then on, the game will move to a second act wherein Sora and co. must stave off Xehanort's plans any way they can, and Sora must control the Darkness wthin himself.
Darth Maul will appear as a bonus boss. Its more likely than a full fledged Star Wars world and the guy looks and fights pretty much like a Kingdom Hearts' boss
Aqua will follow in Eraqus's Light Is Not Good footsteps.Being his best pupil and only successor, having her and her friends' lives ruined by Xehanort's Dark Is Evil, and enduring Nightmare Fuel in the Realm of Darkness will all finally push her into Knight Templar / Well-Intentioned Extremist / Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds territory.
Lea/Axel will train with Kairi under Master RikuGiving Riku a whole new doubt about his ability to teach (cause he'd be too awesome if he wasn't doubting himself about something). Sora could also get jealous of Riku's time spent with Kairi opening up the love triangle one more. Axel's just in there to add more dynamic character interaction.
The True Final Boss will be more difficult than any secret boss.As the culmination of the entire series boss fights, the Final Boss (presumably Xehanort in some form) will have boosted stats, speed, and a variety of attacks on par with any secret boss, minus MF's cheap-ass spamming or one-hit kills. He can't be cheesed or beaten through stats. This is the reason the KH team has been seeding super-hard secret bosses in each game.
- I hope not.
- From a game design perspective that is a terrible idea. While it may very well be harder than Terra’s Final Boss, it cannot be harder than a Bonus Boss. Bonus bosses are, by design, extra fights for those who want to put in the effort to challenge them. A Final Boss is meant to be beatable by people who aren’t as good or aren’t interested in Level Grinding or unlocking the best weapons and abilities (which is often necessary to prevent bonus bosses from killing you in one hit). If people want to play the game for the story, such a Difficulty Spike, would be incredibly unfair.
- From a story perspective however, it makes sense. To include secret bosses who are more powerful than the Final Boss is to say there are entities in the 'verse who could overpower Xehanort at any time they pleased - and only haven't because they didn't care to. The moment Xehanort goes One-Winged Angel and becomes an "inconvenience", someone like Sephiroth could smack him down and steal the χ-blade for himself. As a developer, you want to communicate that the True Final Boss of a series is a threat that only you - someone who has been building up to it for literal decades now - can stop. This game is supposed to show Sora at his most powerful, which means all enemies are subject to Serial Escalation.
- This is the reason Gameplay and Story Segregation exists. Unless you honestly believe the Ice Titan is stronger than Xehanort then Bonus Bosses cannot necessarily overpower story characters. Kingdom Hearts is incredibly good about keeping its Bonus Bosses story relevant (Xemnas, Lingering Will, and Young Xehanort), having them be just rampaging monsters (The aforementioned Titan and Julius) or of questionable canonicity (the Mirage Arena, Vanitas Remnant and the Data XIII). With the exception of Sephiroth (who in story is equal in power to Cloud, who is a much easier boss) none of these characters are a real threat. As a developer, you want people to play the game they create and have fun, giving them options in how they play, how seriously or casually they do so (hence difficulties) and how much time they want to put into it. The developer cannot expect every gamer to have been preparing for this for a decade since plenty of people only played the numbered titles and the game is going to the only one in the series on an Xbox system. An opponent who is more difficulty in gameplay is not always stronger in story (Demyx is not stronger than Xemnas just because he is That One Boss) and, opposite to your statement, the developers don’t want to communicate the power to you in a way that forces hours of grinding. The game is already showing Sora at his most powerful and Nomura has confirmed that to compensate for this the game is going to be harder (the enemies having better AI is the biggest factor) but the sheer level of Difficulty Spike between the main game and a Bonus Boss is just plain stupid to force on the players (there's a reason they are called Bonus Bosses). Plus there will still have to be Bonus Bosses anyway who are still more difficult than the final boss for those who want it so this is completely impossible (unless they do a “beat everything to unlock a harder version of the final boss and you get a cool little extra thing” and that thing would not be story related, but that still is different from what you're suggesting).
- Might depend on how you unlock that True Final Boss. My bet is that by the time you even encounter said boss, there is no Bonus Boss that is not defeated by this point. Logical since you're likely to get better equipment to fight said boss. Either that or they give you a Boss Rush true arena-style similar to Marx Soul or Magalor Soul (again, most likely after the bonus bosses.) Might involve beating the Final Boss and anything that can be described as a Bonus Boss and then replying the game in New Game!+ mode.
Xehanort will gain control of Riku and use his body for the final battle.Having failed to corrupt Sora in the past, Xehanort will instead opt to use Riku, who he has already successfully corrupted before and may even still have some influence over. And from a story perspective Riku has already proven to be a valuable friend and a truly formidable enemy, someone who would be worthy but very tragic to face in the final battle. Heroic Sacrifice upon regaining control is also in there.
- Except the whole reason Xehanort tried to corrupt Sora is because Riku, despite being Xehanort's first choice, proved too hard to control, and that was before he became a Master. If Xehanort could have corrupted Riku, he would have done it already in 3D. At this point, Riku is just north of the Princesses of Heart in terms of people least likely to be a Xehanort vessel.
This game will have a new theme song.This is a Numbered Sequel yo. Kingdom Hearts II does have a themesong different from Kingdom Hearts I. Kingdom Hearts I uses Simple and Clean/Hikari. Kingdom Hearts II uses Sanctuary/Passion.
- I've heard in the past that Utada Hikaru confirmed that Beautiful World had been checked as the theme for Kingdom Hearts III. Granted, the sources aren't necessarily reliable, as this was before Birth By Sleep was officially released.
- I highly doubt they'd use the Rebuild of Evangelion theme song in an unrelated video game series. But this kind of claim isn't new—way back in the day, I saw some fansites claiming that "First Love" would be the Chain of Memories theme song. Anyway, an Utada theme song was teased as a yes and then retracted.
- But isn't Utada on hiatus right now? Will she return for Kingdom Hearts? By the way, she just got married in May 2014 so if Square approaches her in the coming months, she might not accept.
Ven, Terra and Aqua will reunite.They have to, or the 7 keybladers will not be complete. The real theory here is how will they reunite. Obviously Aqua (probably with Ansem the Wise) will be able to escape the Realm of Darkness. Ven will wake up when Vanitas is finished off and returns to him somehow. Terra will most likely be either be in the form of a Terranort betraying the 13 'Norts or something, or he will be a Terra from a different timeline, just like some of the 13 'Norts.
Sora will become an embodiment of darkness.Given how Kairi is light (duh), Riku is shifting towards some sort of twilit figure, Sora will complete the triangle by becoming the dark. He already showed a willingness to dwell in the darkness with Riku, and is incredibly forgiving and kind.. So with all the corruption Xehanort's machinations put Sora through, it'll backfire spectacularly by Sora becoming the embodiment of Dark is not Evil.
- This can be supported by Sora's history with the darkness, be it his previous transformation into a heartless (and basically a year of living as a light-based heartless or something while his body worked for the organization) and his occasional lapses into Anti-form in KHII.
- Riku’s status as the twilight is debatable (he explicitly says he is not twilight, but rather dawn, to DIZ) and he already covers Dark Is Not Evil. It would make more sense for Sora to be the true twilight, wielding light and darkness equally (Riku still mostly uses darkness), which would also represent the idea Xehanort seems to believe in, but would not be brought along by Xehanort’s extreme methods.
Sora and Kairi's feelings for each other will play a role in the game.Why, Sora already saw the updated version of their drawing in the cave right? That has to imply something. And considering Kairi will most likely be fighting alongside him, Riku, Lea, etc etc and considering that this is like, the grand finale of the "Xehanort as Big Bad Arc"... And oh! This could also be a chance for a Sora-Riku-Kairi team-up!
Sora and Kairi will get married in the epilogue.Xehanort will finally be out of the way, allowing them to be together forever.
- Or at least start dating. Married at 15-16 seems a little extreme even for Disney standards. It also depends on Nomura's feelings about the deal, since romance has really only been hinted at in the story so far.
- By the standards of the series, dating is a little un-subtle for what the writers' taste seems to be. The most developed romance is in the very storytelling-heavy 358/2 Days, and no one actually voiced their feelings in any way. Kairi and Sora have spent more time apart than anything, and unless they spend the entire game together (not improbable, but Sora is apparently slated to stick with Donald and Goofy), it'd be unusually heavy-handed. I think the KH teams just like the romantic grey-area.
- "Kairi and Sora spent more time apart than anything"? That would be forgetting they grew up together for 9 years, and have never been separated for more than one year ever since. Not to mention that, far from pausing their relationship, their time apart has frequently been used for not-so-subtle Ship Teasing by the writers (Sora thinking of Kairi or looking longfully at her oathkeeper in a Star-Crossed Lovers fashion, for instance), and the words "like" and "love" have been used to describe their feelings by other characters. However, I do agree with you about the writers obviously not wanting to bring it to dating or wedding territory, which is why a simple Relationship Upgrade is probably the likeliest option for KH III.
- And the series will probably need something unresolved to carry into the prospective future titles, and romance is typically the default option.
Sora will be out of commission for a brief timeEither kidnapped by the 'Norts again (can't let such a potential vessel get away now, can they?) or separating himself from Ventus, Roxas, Xion, and- potentially, since it's not confirmed -Vanitas might take a huge toll on his well-being.
Kairi will wear a Princess Classic dress at some point, possibly involving a return to Radiant GardenThis will then be used as reason to add her to the Disney Princesses line.
Deadpool, Captain America Thor and Thanos will be bonus bosses in the gameThe rewards for beating them will be a cosmic keyblade for beating Thanos, Mjlonir for Donald and Captain America`s shield for Goofy and a Deadpool summon.
- This sounds very unlikely, mostly because even Disney is aware that Marvel and Disney Animated Canon do not mesh together well. But one has to admit, if a Marvel crossover were to happen, it would be pretty damn awesome.
- A Star Wars cross-over is probably more likely, since the Clone Wars art style and future-high-fantasy war setting meshes better with KH than the superhero teams do. I doubt they'd go with both.
If there will be a Marvel world, Donald and Goofy will be dressed as their superhero alter egos.You ask who I'm talking about? These◊ guys◊.
- It is somewhat unlikely considering that these characters aren't that known or popular in America or neither Japan, for that matter (and the fact that will there even be a Marvel world in the game) but it would fit so well.
The finale will introduce a Light Is Not Good villain for the next trilogy...proving Xehanort right about the Balance Between Good and Evil.
Sora will wield the χ-Blade at some point in the gameYen Sid stated that, after the Keyblade War, the original χ-Blade was split in 7 fragments of light (The Princesses of Heart) and 13 fragments of Darkness (The Seekers of Darkness). Xehanort has amassed 13 Seekers of Darkness to fight against the Light, while Sora is looking for 7 pure Guardians of Light to fight them. This foreshadows the return of the original χ-Blade. And, well, since Sora carries within himself the heart of Ventus, who once wielded it, it makes sense that the big grand final confrontation involves Sora using the χ-Blade, right?
- His wielding it will likely have nothing to do with the fact that Ven was in his heart, though. It will be due to the mysterious strength of his heart, the same strength that allowed him to protect Kairi and Ven's hearts.
The "light" that Xehanort has claimed as his vessel is Kairi.While Kairi's nature as a Princess of Heart would normally prevent Xehanort from being able to possess her, we must remember that in the first game, Kairi spent some time without a heart. This would be the perfect time for one of the fragments to take refuge in her body; when her heart returned, the fragment of Xehanort's heart was too minor for her's too notice. As Sora and the gang defeat the various other vessels, Kairi will gradually show signs of sickness and unwellness. This is because as they free or destroy the vessels, the fragment splits and joins with the remaining ones. When they all confront Master Xehanort, and take him down, his heart will overwhelm Kairi's and he will take the Princess as his new vessel. Cue the final battle.
- That would be an interesting mirror to the events of Day's ending.
- Three problems. 1: Even without her heart, Kairi’s body was still resistant to darkness (hence why it didn’t disappear like when anyone else becomes a Heartless). 2: Being a Princess of Heart, Kairi’s heart is 100% devoid of darkness. No darkness is too minor to notice and could not overwhelm her heart (everyone whose hearts have been overwhelmed are steeped in darkness, like Terra, or have no heart to fight back with, like Saix). 3: Since Kairi is a Princess of Heart, making her a Seeker of Darkness would defeat his plan’s Morton’sFork (either the heroes fight him as Guardians of Light or he uses the Princesses of Heart as light, either way the X-Blade is forged) meaning this would only hinder his plans.
Xehanort is getting played by Kingdom HeartsKingdom Hearts really does want the universe to be rebalanced and all that, but not by Xehanort. It's letting Xehanort do all he's doing so that the X-blade will be reformed, seeing as how he's the only one callous enough to do what needs to be done. But with how he'd been destroying so many worlds with his progress, the Heart of All Worlds wouldn't be keen on letting him have all that power. So when the true X-Blade is formed by the 7x13 clash, Kingdom Hearts will appear and have it reject Xehanort. Then Sora gets the X-Blade, because destiny, and reforms the World to its original unified glory without the need of a Keyblade War to destroy everything first. Sora remains as the eternal protector of Kingdom Hearts, its light, saves everyone Xehanort had hurt with his actions, and so on. Cue Simple and Clean.
The Foretellers are actually the emotions of the exiled person.You all have heard the theory that Kingdom Hearts chi’s foretellers are destined to re-incarnate as Riku (Unicornus), Kairi (Vulpis), Terra (Ursus), Ventus (Leopardus) and Aqua (Anguis) and how HMK stated that Sora was the re-incarnation of the sixth foreteller. The Five foretellers are actually the splintered off emotions of the sixth pupil of the Master of Masters, Unicornus being the sixth disgust, Leopardus sixth’s joy, Vulpis his fear, Anguis his sadness, and Ursus his Anger… and if the recent re-incarnation theory that’s been buzzing along the KH community is to be believed, this means that corresponding characters Riku, Ventus, Kairi, Aqua and Terra are all fragments of this sixth foreteller reborn in the re-organized world, but splintered even further into light and dark halves ala Ventus and Vanitas. These two halves are Sora and Xehanort. This puts Xehanorts motives to forge the x-blade that much more important to him: he subconsciously knows he is just a shard of what he’s supposed to be and therefore he needs to be complete and defeat the one causing the imbalance of light and darkness… Yes, It has come to my attention that the Master of Masters is setting this whole thing up, this conflict of light and darkness, the convoluted storyline that’d make Hideo Kojima Blush, the one-dimensional characterization its critics take away from the games, and the Disney Elements that have been rendered reduntant by Disney Infinity and in this critic’s opinion was never meant for a franchise like this to begin with. I believe this theory combined with the re-incarnation theory makes a lot of sense and I can actually see it happening in the game since it acknowledges the similarities between Sora and Xehanort as well as painting a more sympathetic reason to Xehanort’s actions, he doesn’t just want balance between light and darkness, he also wants to be whole once again. But it’s also sad because this probably means that Sora’s going to be the only Kingdom Hearts Character left after Kingdom Hearts III since the other guys will probably be back in the child’s heart, joining the likes of Roxas, Namine, Xion and Vanitas. I doubt fans will like this for being an example of that ol' Torch the Franchise and Run trope that's tainted supposed final games... especially when its supposed to conclude a saga and not a franchise.
The χ-blade is sentientThink about it, the χ-blade is the counterpart of the Kingdom Hearts, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to tell that the χ-blade has a will on its own, and is in fact the very thing the Keyblade Masters of the ancient past has fought in the Keyblade War. After all, if Keyblades can transform, then surely it wouldn't be far-fetched for the χ-blade to transform into something monstrous (and perhaps numerous) to kept the people's hands off the Kingdom Hearts, right? My guess is that, during the Keyblade War, it has either embraced or overtaken by the darkness on its own while attempting to protect the Kingdom Hearts itself, and thus split itself into 13 dark and 7 light pieces. The dark pieces, perhaps corrupted by the ancient Keyblade Masters who latches their own darkness into the χ-blade itself, eventually made their way to Xehanort (Ansem So D gave him an χ-blade fragment to Young Xehanort, which eventually draws in the rest of the χ-blade fragments), drawn by his curiosity to reach the Kingdom Hearts, which would somewhat explain Xehanort's connection to Recusant's Sigil.
The Master KeeperSeeing that Sora stumbled across the weapon in the trailer, someone had to put it there. The current theory is that Aqua, trying to escape the Realm of Darkness after being reinspired by Ansem's words, is using it as her ticket to the light. By finding a means to send the keyblade to the realm of light, that could create a point of contact for her. Using the keyblade, and Sora's ever shining heart, she could create a door to light to finally escape the darkness and return home.
Gameplay and stuffThe World Ends with You, the first non-Final Fantasy game became a part of the KH universe. This opens the floodgates for other Square-Enix franchises to pull from. Perhaps Dragon Quest, Mana Series, Valkyrie Profile, or Chrono Trigger. Lightning or Noctis may show up to prepare hype for other Square games.
- Guys. Star Ocean is published by Square-Enix. Combine with Treasure Planet. Let the awesomeness commence.
Sora will channel Kingdom Hearts itself during the final fight
- Heart Is an Awesome Power, right? Sora HAS that power, right? Kingdom Hearts is the "Heart of all worlds", right? (Okay, just making sure you're following.) Sora's unique ability of influencing/taking in/messing around with hearts could potentially have an effect on this "massive heart" so to speak. So, let's say Xehanort DOES summon it- oh noes all around, right? Xehanort rants, marking KH as his and blah blah blah evil victory speech while there's a mass Oh Crap!. Well Sora ain't giving up here! He uses the craziest idea he has and goes "WRONG old man!" and manages to become a Physical God with the brief stunt and manages to restore all Xehanort-possessed or any other maladies at the time people and end Xehanort once and for all.
If Frollo is one of the Organization, he will return to La Cite des Cloches for revenge on Quasimodo and Esmeralda.And we'll finally get to fight him.
A Star Wars or Marvel character will be a Secret Boss
- It wins both sides over: you get to fight, say Vader or Doctor Doom, without having a world for it
- Or Galactus, the devourer of worlds
- the Horned King could be a kind of counterpart to Gestahl and replace Creeper with Kefka. After the boss battle with the Horned King, (which could totally serve as a recursive shoutout to the Hades summon from Final Fantasy VII,) have Kefka shove the Horned King towards the Cauldron, killing him... When the stage is visited again later in the game, Kefka can have drained the Cauldron of its powers in a vein similar to how he robbed the Warring Triad of their powers... For added bonus points; both The Black Cauldron and Final Fantasy VI are considered some of the darkest entries produced by their respective companies, not only allowing Kefka to be just as monsterous as he really was but also creating an entire stage composed of Nightmare Fuel.
Other future Final Fantasy character appearancesTaken from the main WMG page, here are some speculations as to who we will meet this time.
- Red XIII/Nanaki — Sora and co. meet him in the Pride Lands.
- Terra — The party member you meet at Olympus.
- She'd probably have to be renamed Tina like in the Japanese version of FFVI, so we won't get her confused with the other Terra.
- So what, that didn't stop them from having two Rikus.
- One of them has an extra k, remember?
- None of the Gullwings had their names spoken in-game either, which is why there isn't as much confusion.
- It DID stop them from having two Rik(k)us. That's why Selphie was the part of the Destiny Islands beta trio despite not being from FFX like Tidus and Wakka, and why Yuffie is Leon's sidekick.
- In Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, there are several obtainable Avatar Parts in the Avatar Menu and one◊ of them is based on Terra's Dissidia outfit, such as "FF6 Terra's Sword" so Square Enix doesn't seem to mind having two Terras in Kingdom Hearts.
- She'd probably have to be renamed Tina like in the Japanese version of FFVI, so we won't get her confused with the other Terra.
- Locke — A thie- err, treasure hunter in Agrabah who is friends with Aladdin, looking for something to save someone (either Rachel or Celes) who had been turned into a heartless. (Ow, my lungs!)
- Chocobos — Summons.
- Zidane — Maybe meet him at Neverland as a new recruit of the Lost Boys.
- Alternatively, if they make a Tangled world, he will be one of Flynn's partners in crime.
- He could fit pretty well in La Cite des Cloches, too, as a gypsy.
- Lulu — She could be a fourth member of the Gullwings.
- She wouldn't look out of place in Halloween Town either.
- Shinra and the Turks- President Shinra is the principal of Kairi's school, Rufus is the student body president, and the Turks serve as the prefects.
- ...Which would make that particular school the most ecologically unfriendly school ever.
- Rinoa — Due to the hint we got at the end of KHII, we may see her as a new recruit in the Restoration Committee.
- Laguna Loire — (Different troper) Appears in Radiant Garden along with the rest of the Restoration Committee, perhaps as the elected President of Radiant Garden in a Mythology Gag to his original game. Has a bit of credibility to it, since Dissidia:duodecim is going to feature him, update his character, and give him a voice actor. It would also provide a subtler Mythology Gag, in that Squall's Dissidia voice actor first voiced Squall in Kingdom Hearts II.
- Could also make a reference to Squall not liking the guy, and saying he feels like he's in a bad dream around him.
- It would also provide a Mythology Gag as he was meant to be in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep as the head of the Mirage Arena.
- Made even better should the fact that Laguna is Leon's father be referenced.
- Professor Hojo — (Different WM Ger) Even if Shin-Ra is not around, the experiments done by the Apprentices involving the Heart reminded me far too much of Hojo's experiments with Mako and JENOVA cells. Bonus: Helletic Hojo is his Heartless while Lifeform Hojo N (in before N = Nobody) is his Nobody. The physical appearances of both forms are too similar to hideous Heartless and Lifeform Hojo N looks a HELL of a lot like a Dusk. Seriously, look at them both. All he's missing as LHN is an Organization Emblem.
- But Isn't Even/Vexen sorta the setting's version of Hojo already? He even looks kinda like him, save for lacking glasses and having blonde hair.
- Of course, Vexen might be poised for a Heel–Face Turn, so Xehanort might be looking for someone to replace him.
- Vincent — Halloween Town.
- Cecil Harvey. Has both powers of light and darkness, has a habit of helping the villains but is nevertheless a good guy. Sound familiar?
- Lighting — Controlled by the fal'Cie as part of some crazy plan to do something.
- Don't forget that she'll fight off against Cloud in a duel, only to be interrupted by Sephiroth.
- Balthier — Why the hell not?
- Jecht — As the mayor of Destiny Islands. Or just a resident, but who wouldn't want Tidus and Kairi to be (adopted) siblings?
- Queen Brahne — If not Jecht, then she could be the mayor of Destiny Islands. Also, I've always imagined Pat Carroll doing her voice.
- Princess Garnet — I mean, it'd make sense, if her mother is in it. She'd be Kairi's step-sister. Maybe, just for the sake of a Mythology Gag, she'd give Kairi a dagger for good luck if she ever goes on her own journey.
- Kairi even looked a lot like Dagger in Another Side, Another Story.
- Shuyin (third troper) as a DI resident and Tidus's twin brother.
- Irvine Kinneas- Resident of Destiny Islands like he was supposed to. Like the Lulu theory above, there'd be some Ship Tease between him and Selphie. Instead of a gun, his weapon would be a trigger-powered slingshot or something.
- That's be a GREAT idea.
- Adelbert Stiener- If the Queen Brahne and Princess Garnet theory come true, he'd be their bodyguard.
- Alternatively, if they make a world based on Tangled, he'll be a mercenary hired by Mother Gothel to keep Rapunzel from leaving her tower. His backstory will reveal that he was once the knight of the kingdom Rapunzel came from, but stepped down when she was kidnapped. He vowed to never return until he found her. Once he learns who he was guarding and Gothel's intentions, he will join Sora's group.
- Gau- If The Jungle Book ends up becoming a world, he'd be a friend/rival of Mowgli's.
- Vaan- Like Zidane, he'd probably be in The Lost Boys.
- Judge Gabranth- A Dragon to either Maleficent or Xehanort. Most likely Maleficent because if your dragon is Captain Ass-Zipper, you'd probably pick Gabranth.
- Rubicante - Another possibility for an new dragon to Maleficent.
- Quistis Trepe - (another troper) C'mon. Who do you think is teaching all the kids on the islands? On the other hand, she could be in the Radiant Garden and there would be a Love Triangle withe her Leon and Rinoa.
- Golbez - (same troper as immediately above) Having wrangled with some of the same problems Riku did, he could serve as a mentor of sorts to the boy (and could maybe teach him some dark magic?).
- Gilgamesh - (see above) Shame on you all for not suggesting this earlier. Shows up as a Bonus Boss in Britain, looking for Excalibur (which Sora would most likely obtain as a Keyblade). Hilarity Ensues. And given that Gilgamesh is a canonical Dimensional Traveler, he's the only character besides Auron who stands a chance of being the genuine article.
- Alternatively, if they ever make a Wreck-It Ralph-based world, he will appear since both he and Ralph in some ways, jump worlds and break the fourth wall.
- Better yet, he could say that he's been after the keyblade for years, and we'd see a montage of him trying but failing to make a grand entrance in cutscenes all throughout the series.
- Noctis - since its confirmed that XV is the reason we won't see KH 3, he'd better be in it to help make up for the long wait. Am I right?
- Emperor Mateus Palamecia- Since it's tradition for Hades to bring in a FF character, he'll serve as one of the antagonists of the world. He'll be the newest emperor of Greece, and starts a new rule of tyranny. During the first visit to the world, Sora, the gang, and Hercules will stop him, which leads to his death. At the second one, he'll overthrow Hades and take over the underworld as he prepares to take over Mount Olympus.
- Ultros - He could appear in a world based on The Emperor's New Groove as a past specimen of Yzma's experiments. I have no idea how or why one of Yzma's experiments would result in a perverted talking octopus, but I'm sure she thought it was a good idea at the time.
- Lucca/Robo - Not a Final Fantasy character, but we had The World Ends with You characters, right? Probably part of the restoration committee and will probably help out with Gummi ships as well. Also, Frog just so we can have a joke about his and Sephiroth's Masamunes, and the fact that he already got a Shout-Out in the form of a Dream Eater in Dream Drop Distance
- No, better yet; Frog would be dueling Sephiroth right before Sora shows up.
- Marle and Chrono would show up as well, Disney does love their princesses and Chrono... wouldn't say much, but he could spar with Riku and Sora to teach them some of his abilites from Chrono Trigger..
- No, better yet; Frog would be dueling Sephiroth right before Sora shows up.
- Mog/Stiltzkin - Moogles have been all over the games. It makes sense for them to introduce some of the named ones as part of certain sidequests.
- Bahamut - He was to be a summon in the original game. Being a summon or secret boss would still be an option, and he's also the most iconic of them. Odin or Alexander are also viable options.
- Freya - Retool her into any world with talking animals, maybe one based on Robin Hood as a guest party member. Or make her a member of the royal guard that Goofy is captain of.
- Ellone- Xehanort's using time travel, so the forces of light could really use the Time Sorceress.
- Tiz, Agnès, Edea and Ringabel - Not Final Fantasy characters, but again, the TWEWY crew made it into Dream Drop Distance, didn't it? They could either have their own character arc in Traverse Town or Twilight Town (In which case, Alternis Dim, Braev Lee, and/or Airy could make excellent bosses), or simply have cameo appearances like the Gullwings had in II.
- Class Zero - course that still won't make up for the fact that the game received No Export for You. Admittedly... this would be quite amusing since Jack is an Expy of Demyx.
- Lightning, Serah and Snow - Could show up as residents of Radiant Garden, Lightning as a guard working for Leon and Serah as a teacher in regards to their previous occupations in the games.
- Snow is running a gym for training "heroes" and wants to be a Keyblade wielder as a counter point to the fiery Lea. Sazh is Cid's test pilot for Gummi Ships and his son could be one of Serah's students.
- Snow could also be at the Olympus Coliseum. He is already obsessed with being a hero, so it would make sense that he'd beg Phil to train him.
- Fang would be part of the Atlantis: The Lost Empire world as an atlantean warrior.
- Hope is an intern working at the castle and is upgrading Tron's world to the TRON: Legacy version in a nod to his work with technology. Noel is traveling from world to world looking for something to save his Bad Future (again), the result of Xehanort's plan succeeding.
- And Chocolina, just to mess with Sora's head.
- Snow is running a gym for training "heroes" and wants to be a Keyblade wielder as a counter point to the fiery Lea. Sazh is Cid's test pilot for Gummi Ships and his son could be one of Serah's students.
- Cosmos. Now this one's going to sound weird, but perhaps as A Form You Are Comfortable With Kingdom Hearts uses to help or encourage our heroes in a potential Darkest Hour scenario.
- Beatrix. Um, no particular reason for this one, but we can wish, can't we?
- Shadow. He's a character created by Tetsuya Nomura, he's a ninja, he can be a party member and take on pirates and ninjas are cool.
- The Weapons from Final Fantasy VII will be in as bonus bosses. Omega and Shinryu from Final Fantasy V will be in as superbosses and will be the toughest bosses to beat in the game.
Isa will be saved.Because Lea will always be there to bring his friends back.
Alternatively, Lea will be Killed Off for Real by Isa/Saix.The above WMG would be a waste of one of the best villians in the series, It's far more likely that Lea will try to reason with Saix, and Saix will brutally kill him. This would be a perfect Player Punch, and afterwards there will be an epic battle with Saix.
Playing off of both the above Guesses...Lea will try to get through to Isa/Saix, who is possessed by Xehanort, and seemingly 'fail'. A battle ensues, Lea pleading the whole time to 'Isa' to snap out of it, and not really giving it his all, unlike his ex-best friend. Saix will get in one critical blow, and while Lea's laying on the ground about to accept his fate, Saix will look at his face and something will trigger a memory of their time together as friends. The established power of the bonds we all make with our friends and the people we love with blot out the darkness, enabling Isa to finally break through the possession and take control of himself once again. But, like Riku, he will be stuck with the darkness-caused changes to his features at least for now. The heroes then march on to keep fighting darkness, holding close to them this important reminder that there's always a chance for the light to win.
The Hot Rod Heartless will return, and it will be the enemy that Nomura said the heroes would be able to commandeerIts already shaped like a vehicle.
Sephiroth will return as a Bonus BossHe's been a hidden boss in both of the main Kingdom Hearts games, so it would make sense they'd want to go 3 for 3. If the transition from his brief appearance in 1 to showing up for a few cameos in 2 is anything to go by, we may see Sephiroth play a much more significant role in the story. Most likely working alongside Xehanort, but as a Dragon with an Agenda.
Charlie Duncan will be a summonAnd she will be able to paralyze even the hardest enemies due to her adorable nature. Useful when going for the main bosses. plot by Xehanort to create replicas of the Org. members for either empty vessels or as a way to taunt Sora and Co. by making replicas of Roxas or Axel. Besides, when does a Final Mix boss NOT become relevant in following games?
Xehanort will be killed for goodAfter all the crap he's been delivering for years in canon, Sora and/or his friends will dispose of him permanently, leaving him no way to revive himself. After every character he's screwed with is brought back to life.
By the end of the game, Sora will be left in a state that sets him up as a light-based antagonist for the next saga.
- Sora's struggles throughout the franchise are finally going to take their toll on the poor kid, leaving behind nothing but a broken man who will do whatever it takes to ensure no one like Xehanort comes to power again. Honestly, if they choose to take that route, I could easily see Sora becoming the RPG equivalent of Big Boss.
- Jossed. The only thing we know about the series after KH 3 is that Sora will still be the protagonist.
Sora will lose his body permanently to gain the power of Time TravelTime travel will be required to counter Xehanort's own time shenanigans, but time travel has been stated to require the loss of one's body, and Sora is the only hero to be in a position to survive something like that, having done so before. Therefore, Sora will take one for the team and become a Heartless/Being of Heart once again. Potential ramifications: Separating out his body will also free up Roxas and the writers could probably spin the situation to release Namine and Ven's heart as well. Freeing Namine could also allow her memory-witchery to bring Xion back. Becoming a Heartless may allow Sora to travel into the Realm of Darkness, allowing him to reach Aqua and Ansem and rescue them. Huzzah! If he goes the route of becoming a Heartless, he would presumably gain some dark powers, making him a balance of sorts between Riku's affinity for Darkness and Kairi's Princess-of-Heart-edness. Time travel will also allow Sora to reach past Disney worlds like Timeless River or the BBS worlds, or future worlds for movie sequels that have a timeskip (Japanese Stitch anime, though that's a bad example since the original would be far superior).
Terra will be the one to deal the final blow to Master Xehanort.Because after everything MX has done to him, he deserves to deal some climactic payback.
- be the one to finish off Xemnas for good. probably with some Punctuated Pounding.
- be perfectly polite when talking to everybody except riku and anybody from the original Org XIII.
- appear about mid game with a Big Damn Heroes moment.
- be playable for a certain Bonus Boss.
- will join the party and be useable on any world.
- gain his own body.
- Absolutely lose it (rage/confusion/loss of identity/etc.) when he sees Ventus.
- Turn out to actually be part of Ventus.
- Be an Exposition Fairy for Sora as part of his consciousness for a small part of the game.
this game will feature a larger party.By that I mean that your party will consist of more than just Donald and Goofy. Riku and Kairi will be along for the ride this time and during the course of the game you'll run into the other guardians of light and team up with them.
Lea and Isa will have a face-off.Isa, naturally, appears at some point near the climax of the story, barring Sora and Co.'s way. Sora will step forward to fight him, only for Lea to shove his way forward instead, because It's Personal. The two will engage in an epic showdown. Lea will either win or gain the upper hand and, either while their blades are locked or Lea has Isa at Keyblade-point, Lea will give an impassioned speech to Isa about their friendship and the evil of Master Xehanort's plans, or something to that effect. And just as Isa realizes the error of his ways, BOOM. His transformation into Master Xehanort completes. The newly formed Isa!nort will promptly curb-stomp Lea, which then prompts Sora to step in. And cue boss battle...
Aqua will be the first Keyblade wielder rescued.Not only would she be the easiest to find, but it makes sense. Riku and Mickey are not strangers to the Realm of Darkness, and would be able to travel through it with ease— especially considering both of them are Keyblade Masters now—but also, Aqua's presence is necessary to be able to safely navigate Castle Oblivion and find Ventus. And then there's...well, wherever the blazes Terra is, since his body's Heartless and Nobody are both running around at the same time, now.
Kairi will be the one to finish off Xehanort.After a Journey to the Center of the Mind, Kairi will obtain and master Namine's powers. Now, since Xehanort branded Sora with the recusant's sigil, Xehanort is now connected to Sora, which makes him vulnerable to Namine/Kairi collapsing his heart.
- Um, that sort of cold-blooded execution doesn't really sound like the behavior of a Princess of Heart.
- If Xehanort was at her mercy, you'd be right. But if it's in order to save Sora...
Xehanort isn't the Main Antagonist.It's Actually Destiny Itself, Or maybe someone who's controlling the power of destiny throughout the Plot itself. Cue Sora punching the being into the Day Xehanort would have encountered Terra!Xehanort's Heartless. Sora then steals the book and befriends the Young Xehanort. The Two team up and fight the True Final Boss and close the book on destiny itself for good but as a consequence...
Sora will be stuck in the past and essentially cause a Continuity Reboot for the next saga.With the book of Destiny and x-blade in hand, Sora perfects the world's balance and seals away it's power so that it could only be used in emergencies of dire ergancy. Throughout his days of Training with Xehanort and Eraqus under an Alias to basically prevent a nasty paradox, He places the Land of Departure inside The World that Never Was which was written into existance through the book, Sora then proceeds to add Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Radient Garden and of course, Destiny Islands. The Last thing Sora writes down is when Terra, Ven, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, Lea, Isa, Roxas, Xion, Namine, Vanitas, Xehanort's Grandson, and his Other Self would be Born in the New Timeline. Sora would tell the Story of Kingdom Hearts III as a bedtime story and not long after the story is completed, The Original Sora dies peacefully of Old Age with the knowlage that he has created a better world for Xehanort and with it, a better world for his friends... The Post-Credits Scene has the Other Sora stopping by at his Former Self's Grave on his way to High School. He leaves behind a Disney Infinity Power Disc with Riku in tow. They have a conversation about what's inevitable and then they talk about the future until Kairi gets their attention and she says "C'mon, We're all waiting for you." Cue Namine, Lea, Roxas, Isa, Xion, Terra, Ven, Aqua and Vanitas in high school uniforms. Sora decides it's time to move on. They head off to School as the Original Ventus leaves behind a single rose as his heart has become the Spirit of the x-blade.
Sora's specials or reaction commands will be based on theme park rides
- The first proper gameplay trailer shows two of these - a pirate ship that swings like a pendulum and a flying minecart that could be taken straight from Big Thunder Mountain.
- The E3 trailer adds the teacup rides (the Pegasus chariot may fall under these or Morph Weapon, it's not really clear).
- Both Confirmed and Jossed. The feature is called Attraction Flow and allows Sora to use Disney rides after fulfilling certain conditions (it seems to be connected to Flowmotion moves). However, it is not a reaction command. Nomura says that KH 3 will not have reaction commands.
Young Xehanort will pull a Heel–Face Turn at the end of the game; or at least a Heel–Face Revolving Door.Sora and his friends will have the younger Xehanort be on their side, but not without a final battle first. Maybe the final battle would involve taking out the darkness that is taking over his heart.
Sora IS Kingdom HeartsHe already has so many good hearts within him. What if his destiny is to become this legendary utopia that the Organization sought? Which brings me to my next guess...
Sora becomes the universeHis name means sky. And there is a repeated phrase in the series, that all worlds share the same sky. What if the only way to wipe out the darkness forever is for Sora, who is by all accounts pure, to pull a Tetsuo and become everything?
- Jossed. Sora is confirmed to still be the protagonist after KH 3, meaning he cannot die or Ascended to a Higher Plane of Existence.
The game will be split into 3 storiesSora's story, Riku's story and Kairi's story. Each one will be looking to save Ven, Terra and Aqua, respectively. The stories might not be happening simultaneously, because we know we need to save Aqua before we can find Ven's body in Castle Oblivion. And then, like in the modern Sonic games, there will be a Final Story where you control Sora, which is basically the whole Lights vs Darkness/Xehanort fight.
- Can you imagine Riku giving an "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight speech to Terra?
- The game's official synopsis given at E3 says that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be looking for the seven guardians of light across the worlds and the Key to Return Hearts (whatever that is), while Riku and King Mickey search for the previous Keyblade wielders. So I would assume this is Jossed, but it's still pretty early to say for sure.
Xion will change her name.Both to get rid of the X and to assert herself as an individual and not a puppet. Bonus points if she says something to the effect of, "Call me Oblivion."
There will not be any world-specific party members in this game.Instead, we'll have a Final Fantasy-style rotating party of six, consisting of Sora, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Any world-specific allies will function as non-party member allies, as were common in Kingdom Hearts II.
- Jossed. Nomura confirmed world specific Disney party members.
There will be swappable "Party Leaders".Kinda similar to the WMG above, there will be a rotating party- namely you, the player. You can be playing as Sora one moment, then a few clicks of a button and joystick and a cheesy "Ready to fight!/I'll kick their butts!/(insert some Badass Boast)!"-style line later you're playing as Roxas/Kairi/Riku/Donald/Goofy/Mickey/Lea/what-have-you. NPC party members will run off of (hopefully) enhanced AI and the currently selected member will have more access to what exactly the character does, perhaps some more selective moves and special abilities. The current PC member will be referred to as a "Party Leader" during tutorials, and besides being the player character they can issue commands to the NPC party, so the name won't be just a moniker.
This game will feature real crossovers, with worlds that are not in Alternate Continuity.
Roxas and Ventus's relationship*Note: This is assuming that Roxas and Ventus will get their own separate bodies/selves/??? Initially Roxas will hate Ven's guts. No identity to call his own now- Ventus had his looks and voice way before him -besides his name and existence. Oh yeah, those belong to Sora, really; "Roxas" is "Sora" + an X and he owes his life to Sora pulling a Heroic Sacrifice. Similar personalities, except Ven has an easier time with people than the kind-of-a-loner Roxas? Fantastic. So initially Roxas has a lot of hatred towards Ventus, who in turn is no where near mad. He's actually pleasantly surprised (Yay! A technical brother/twin! Awesome!) and a little guilty/sad/confused about Roxas loathing him so much. But eventually- with the series running on The Power of Friendship and Roxas and Ven having to undergo some Teeth-Clenched Teamwork -Roxas lightens up to Ven and accepts them both for who they are and Ventus very quickly settles his feelings as a "Hey you said we're good so we're bros now and you gotta deal with it." Cue a Bromance to rival Sora and Riku.
- Potentially they could become a set of Those Two Guys.
Sora will get a Break the Cutie run that is WORSE than what he got in DDDPotentially involving him hitting the Despair Event Horizon for the first time in the series. If that happens, to mirror it suddenly everything will seem a little lower than usual.
Sora will pull a major Heroic Sacrifice
- Possibly Jossed (as far as a death would go) - Nomura says that he wants Sora to be the protagonist of the next game after this one.
- If not jossed, it will be the reason for his skill reset for the sequel
- Just cuz he sacrifices himself doesn't mean he can't come back. There's significance in how his heart is connected to so many, and has been a home to others who have been lost. Lea says he makes sure people remember him, and as long as he lives on in their hearts and memories, he is immortal.
Sora will have issues about killing XehanortYes, the old man deserves it way more than a lot of other villains, but keep in mind that most of what Sora has killed so far could've been labeled in his head as "Monster". Xehanort is- while very f-ed up -a person just like him. A person with a heart, with a life. And with DDD'S revelations, this could apply to the New Organization as a whole. They all have hearts, they're all people, and with Sora's Messiah-like character, killing them will most likely not sit very well on his conscience, prompting him to find a way to eliminate their threat without ending their lives.
- He could also show some slight remorse for what he did to the Old Organization members who weren't truly evil and just going along with the plans to get their hearts back.
- Or maybe not, considering that he was actually doing them a favor by killing them. Killing them ACTUALLY got their hearts back, and saved them from Xehanort, who was going to turn them into extensions of himself. He thwarted Xehanort's plans, got the underlings what they wanted anyway, and saved them from Xehanort, albeit painfully. No harm, no foul.
Terra, Aqua, and Ven will all have some semblance of PTSD in this gameTheir Trauma Conga Line is bound to have some negative effect on their psyches. Perhaps Aqua will suddenly be afraid of the dark, maybe Ven will be less happy than he was and a bit of a Death Seeker at times, Terra might have some residual Terra-Nort/Xemnas/Xehanort's Heartless/??? in him that makes him prone to violence or random memory loss.
Sora will receive a Disney Infinity figure to help promote the game.Other potential characters include Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi...
- To my eternal surprise, even as the OP, this might actually be a thing!
- More evidence! D23 2015 attendees were given exclusive Power Discs with Mickey's Kingdom Hearts outfit, and the Ultimate Unlock for this year is the Kingdom Key!
- Seeing as how Disney Infinity is being discontinued after the Finding Dory playset, this is Jossed.
There will be at least one death among the heroesRoxas giving up his existence for Ven? Xion's previous heroic sacrifice unable to be reversed? Kairi (or another Princess of Heart) getting fatally injured with darkness? Unable to bring Terra back through any means and his Xehanort-possessed selves are already gone? Who knows, either way there is going to be some kind of life lost and it will make a huge impact on the story and Sora's character, most likely leading to a It's Personal moment.
History repeating itself and the ending of a cycle will be a major force/theme
Sora himself will be the seven of lightDue to having so many hearts in him at one point or another Sora on his own be the seven of light. As of this writing Sora has had six heart of light in him at one point or another: himself, Ven, Kairi, Riku, Roxas, and Xion. With one more he will be seven hearts in one body against one heart in thirteen bodies.
There will be a Phineas and Ferb special like Mission Marvel to promote the gameThe plot will be about Doofenshmirtz bringing the Heartless in the Tri-State Area, so Sora will help Agent P stop him. In a subplot, the duo will help Hope Esthiem (if you don't know why, shame on you), who is dealing with the death of his mother and getting bullied. So, they modify his toy boomerang as a self-defense weapon. Donald and Goofy see them in action and beg them to join their group. During the climax, Hope uses his boomerang to deal with the Heartless.
- Jossed. Phineas and Ferb ended with its series finale, Last Day of Summer.
Roxas and Xion will be allowed to exist separately from SoraRemember how Ansem the Wise told Riku that Sora's heart may have the ability to bring back people who have been lost or no longer exist in Dream Drop Distance? He just might be on to something there.
There will be a Mission ModeSeeing how the game is a partial Series Finale, it would be great to be able to play as every important character (The main trio, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Organization XIII (plus Dual Wielding Roxas and Lea separate characters), all Xehanorts, the Birth by Sleep characters...) in a Mission Mode like the one featured in Days. It could either be its own separate mode like in Days, or be implemented within Story Mode in a Mirage Arena-like setting.
The Dark Side and Twilight Thorn enemies will make a reappearance
- Maybe you'll have to fight one of each at the same time, even.
Prince Hans has a Villainous BreakdownUnlike Frozen where he's a sociopath who acts like nothing's wrong after Elsa heals Anna, he'll have a breakdown now that his plans in taking over Arendelle are ruined, letting in the Heartless. After Sora and gang beat him, then he acts like he did at the end. Sora's about to hit him with the Keyblade, only for Anna to get the final punch in.
If Oz is a world, it will most likely be Oz the great and powerful.It's more recent.
There will be a Bonus Boss quest between Sora and his friendsIn some friendly competition and preparation for the difficult battles ahead, you go one on one with whoever would be weakest of the Seven Lights you've amassed, and slowly progress to whoever is the most powerful. It's an optional side quest that you can just pick up during peaceful times by going over to your next combatant and asking if they wanna fight. In the spirit of no cheating (don't want people to level up too fast) you can only trigger a fight after beating the previous combatant in the roster (although this is exempt from whoever is first in the chain).
- Everyone will also have unique boss themes that are original and made specifically for KH 3 or the music will be entirely returning and revamped tracks for the fight; like Aqua faced with Hunter of the Dark playing, Riku using the same boss music as his fight in Days, Roxas with The Other Promise, Lea giving The Thirteenth Struggle a triumphant return, or facing off against Ventus with a twist return of Unbreakable Chains.
We already know the order of at least a few of the people to be saved and/or restoredIt's right in the Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance opening: Roxas, Terra, Ven, and Aqua are shown in that order. I theorize that the order of rescuing these Lights will be this reversed, since it's easier to grab Aqua from the Ro D so she can grab Ven from CO, then Terra can be brought back through friendship/magic/????(Terra getting back confuses me to no end), and then, after finding a way to spilt Terra from Xehanort and experimenting with heart restoration in a light sense, Roxas can be split from Sora and/or Ventus with little difficulty.
- Technically, Axel was the one that was saved first when he returned back to his original persona as Lea - The version of Re:coded included within 2.5 HD Remix reveals he was amongst those whose hearts were aching within Sora's heart.
Ventus will have of a freak out when he catches up with everything.Mostly pertaining to the facts that: 1) He almost died to stop the χ-Blade from being forged only for it to all happen again later 2) (this depends on whether or not Terra and/or Aqua have been found) He almost died to keep his friends safe and they aren't anyways 3) with his heart presumably still in it's 100% light status (maybe more towards 90% but you get the idea) getting him involved may cause a χ-Blade no matter what anyone does which = Xehanort wins which may not be taken well
More non-Final Fantasy Square-Enix characters will appear.Cue the gang of the The Bouncer having a role in the game.
- Alternatively Bravely Default
- Or even better (or worse), Caim and/or Nier.
- The World Ends with You cast will return.
- Grahf will appear as a Bonus Boss.
- Maybe Aya Brea, with a Lighter and Softer version of the plot from her home game being a sidequest.
Maleficant will use the Datascape to create Heartless of Light.Data Sora's Heartless used Light yet desired Hearts to fuel it's Darkness. If Maleficant were to obtain the Datascape chances are that she'll tamper with it in order to create a new type of entity made of Light yet holding the minds of Heartless. Such being would devour the Light leaving the Darkness to consume what's left and thus be aiding the Darkness while under the control of Maleficant. These beings might even attack the Realm of Darkness exposing Aqua to the notion of Light Is Not Good.
The opening song will be Passion Orchestrated and the end will be Simple and CleanSimilar to how DDD used Hikari Orchestrated for the opening and Passion -after the battle- for its end.
- Doubtful. More likely, Square-Enix will commission a completely new theme song.
- Perhaps both Sanctuary and Simple and Clean will be implemented into the opening and ending; both one after the other(end) and remixed together(opening)
There will be a crossover with Bravely DefaultHow the crossover would happen varies.
- Luxendarc would be an actual world and Sora, Donald and Goofy (and any other playable characters) go there to help Agnés, Edea, and Ringabel (Tiz may or may not be Adapted Out)
- this Luxendarc would similar to the later loops where the Eternean Forces would not be villain save certain members
- Orthros, Rhushaka, Chaugnar, and Gigas Lich would be retooled into heartless or replaced by Heartless expies
- The visitable areas the party go to would be smaller and most of the dungeons and some cities would be cut.
- The 4 crystals or the Holy Pillar together would be the keyhole and thus the various disasters are the result of the Heartless taking control.
- Alternatively the plot would be adapted to Traverse Town and the story would be that the Warriors of Light were sent there when Luxendarc fell into darkness. This leads into New districts of Traverse Town.
- The cause of the fall would be Ouroboros or Xehanort controlling the heartless and targeting the keyhole by way of the holy pillar. Airy may or may not be an accomplice.
Lea appearing where he did in KH 3 D is foreshadowing.It's because Xehanort was responsible for the Start of Darkness of some of the Org XIII members - Lea and Isa had their hearts removed by a machine, the same one that Even and Ienzo used. Naturally the same machine was used several times... and Lea and Isa were the only ones who survived. Larxene was probably the complete opposite of what you saw her as a Nobody, she was acting that sadistic because she believes that the end justifies the means. Demyx's strength of heart comes from his laziness and apathy.
The ending will feature multiple Book EndsThey will refer to the very beginning of the series when you started out on the Destiny Islands, except this time much of the new cast will be included. There will even be a new raft, except this time symbolic of a whole new era of peace beginning or an adventure on the horizon or beginning anew rather than a means of escape like last time.
There will be multiple mentions of "I love you" and variations of it between the original cast, especially at the endHowever most- if not all -of it will be purely platonic. Solidifying most of the group as True Companions with each other.
The idea that anyone could become a 'Nort will drive tensions up the wall between everyoneReally the only one exempt from such suspicions and cautions would be Kairi for her Po H status and Riku for the explicit mention he's grown too resistant, but even then with some Insane Troll Logic to try and match Xehanort's Crazy-Prepared they could get a serving. Either way even Sora will have trouble placing full and absolute trust in anyone if anyone could become the enemy at any moment.
We will get glimpses of Xehanort and Eraqus's apprenticeshipIt honestly wouldn't make much sense to have this if that wasn't so. The teaser's images are Xehanort on the left (identified by bangs and being associated with the first speaker, who seems to be YMX's seiyuu) and the one on the right resembles Eraqus, with tied back hair and a few wavy bangs (unfortunately we have no clue if that's his younger seiyuu for sure since he hasn't had one, so therefore for now there is no way to confirm this is indeed a younger Eraqus). It's a teaser that suggests important plot details, namely snippets about the Keyblade War (implying the story is passed from Master to apprentice, the reason it was fought, "lost masters"- which is intriguing wording which seems like Xehnort doesn't think them as entirely evil for whatever they did, which for now I am saying is starting the first war). It also displays Xehanort's earliest intrest in the Keyblade War, so perhaps we will see flashbacks of what lead to his Start of Darkness without time travel involved.
- Confirmed in the E3 trailer.
In a weird twist Xehanort will be his own spanner in the works.Something will go down that causes Young Xehanort to turn on his older self and due to the nature of time travel in the series will cement Master Xehanort's defeat. Xehanort himself will lampshade this and it will also prove what Sora said in the first game to be true. "The Heart may be weak and sometimes even give in, but deep down there's a light that never goes out"
The Destiny Islands will be attacked and razed by XehanortBecause why not make it personal for Sora and show how far off the deep end Xehanort has gone.
- Remember the first game? Been there, done that. Bonus points for Destiny Islands being Xehanort's homeworld, too.
Other Speculation 2
Xion will end up dying "properly"She appears in DDD because of unresolved business and feelings in Days. She'll interact with Sora and eventually sacrifice the rest of her being, confident that the heroes will beat Xehanort and grateful to finally be remembered. She'll die on her terms, when she's finally ready. Kingdom Hearts III will wind up being the darkest entry in the franchise.
- Maybe we could end up seeing Caim and Angelus as bonus bosses and perhaps getting bonus point for reenacting his introduction scene from Drakengard 2 but with heartless instead of soldiers. Another thing could be a plot with Nier and the Shadowlord incorporating much of the moral vagueness of the game and maybe mistaking the shades for heartless.
The meanings/implications of "On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire."Because it's specific enough for tinfoil hats yet vague enough to be anything. Why not make a list of theories and interpretations?
- The heroes will lose.
- A light will become a Nort.
- A world very dear to the heroes will be lost and they are powerless to stop it.
- The world will most likely be Traverse Town (That world is a patchwork world that only exists because other worlds fell into darkness), Twilight Town (Sitting perfectly between the realms of Light and Darkness, it's destruction will also serve as a visual metaphor for Xehanort's newfound advantage), or Radiant Garden (In that case it would be more like reclaiming lost territory). Traverse Town would be the most likely.
- Traverse Town's already long gone as far as the real world is concerned. The reason it's a sleeping world in 3D is because it's a patchwork, and all the worlds it was made from were restored at the end of the first game. If anything, other worlds falling into darkness would be more of an excuse to bring it back.
- Why not Destiny Islands?
- The world will most likely be Traverse Town (That world is a patchwork world that only exists because other worlds fell into darkness), Twilight Town (Sitting perfectly between the realms of Light and Darkness, it's destruction will also serve as a visual metaphor for Xehanort's newfound advantage), or Radiant Garden (In that case it would be more like reclaiming lost territory). Traverse Town would be the most likely.
- A light will die.
- "On that LAND shall darkness prevail." At the risk of getting a little too meta, one of the new worlds in the game could be...Disneyland. We've already had Disney Castle and Disney Town, so why not Disney Land? As shown by the footage of Sora fighting using pieces of the Big Thunder Mountain ride, some parts of Disneyland clearly exist in the KH universe. The Disneyland-based world could be a darker, twisted version created by several other worlds colliding together.
- Or a pseudo Mythology Gag for Epic Mickey.
- Uh... doesn't Riku and Terra's names both mean 'Earth'? As in... Land? And we both know what happened when both of them got exposed to the darkness.
- It's fulfilled prophecy. "On that land shall Darkness prevail and Light expire." is talking about The land of departure: Eraqus was extinguished and darkness took over.
- Or... It was a prophecy by one of the characters from the online game predicting the keyblade war and the event at the graveyard.
- Or my guess being that the Kingdom Hearts is pure darkness. But like I said, it is "Pure", free of evil and corruption and the whole elight expire could perhaps be put in relation to the "Sora becomes a dark being" guess above.
Ventus will be a Shipper on Deck for Sora and KairiPresuming he wakes up, that is.
The hearts of the worlds will play a larger role this time aroundI don't know how for sure, but imagine Sora's heart-affecting abilities have found a way to actually interact with those hearts, leading to moments where he can effect his enviroment in ways he normally can't: like giving him admin access in a Tron based world, or being able to operate restoration machinery in Radiant Garden from a touch quite a ways away. He could tell the world what he wanted done and the world will comply.
- Or the worlds can pull in their strength and grant Sora access to every single keyblade he ever had access to, even the one's he lost for whatever reason, all at once during the final battle against Xehanort. Think Cloud's Advent Children Omnislash up to eleven.
- This could be part of the reason Sora can create Disney Theme Park Rides to use in battle.
- She doesn't even have to end up looking like Jolie exactly just redesigned to use the anime style of the Original Generation characters with features from both versions.
- Or she can be fatally wounded, Sora uses his power of heart to heal her, resulting in the Anime Style Middle Ground of both versions.
- Jolie Maleficent could be from another version of the Sleeping Beauty world (not a stretch, since all the Disney worlds are alternates anyway). Sora and the others wouldn't trust her at first, but once the original Maleficent shows up the difference will be obvious, especially that version of Maleficent's Aurora was already awoken from her sleep by Jolie Maleficent herself.
- Alternativly, she could've become a heartless when her world was lost to darkness. What you face throughout the games is her heartless, and her nobody is slowly developing feelings and empathy for Aurora that she's desperately struggling to cope with.
Ventus will be a Morality Chain for Aqua to a degreeEleven/twelve-ish years in the Ro D for what amounts to no reason added to Terra's successful norting and not very good opinions about Xehanort might lead Aqua to becoming more of a gung-ho Knight Templar with some greyer morality than the events of Birth By Sleep. Contrast Ventus, who- while probably understanding where she's coming from -has been asleep within Sora this whole time and is probably pretty unchanged and still the kiddo who knows what's right and looks for the best in others. Aqua always has Terra and Ventus first in her head, so with Terra somewhat out of that equation it'll probably be Ventus and his well-being overall doing the convincing for Aqua to not give in to darker ideas. Which won't be very good if Ven does end up getting hurt, or worse, norted.
Sora will meet Goofy's son MaxIf Max is a young boy he'll be mad at Sora (and Donald to an extent) for keeping his Dad away for so long. If he's a teenager or young adult he'll feel a little jealous at their close relationship. As a happy alternative they end up hitting it off and become Hetero Sexual Life Partners. However, no matter what happens Sora will be thoroughly shocked that Goofy has a son.
- He would also be a knight in training. If Max appears, he would have a Forbidden Friendship with PJ.
- He and Goofy would have an estranged relationship, which would explain why he was never mentioned.
We'll find out why Zira and her pride become outcastsSimply because The Lion King needs to tie up it's loose ends.
Sora will meet a certain “Dark One"After summoning Rumpelstiltskin in a time of desperation they'll end up bantering for a little while, with Rumple noting how odd Sora's universe is, and then things get serious when they strike a deal. In case you're wondering how this could be possible we must remember that Sora's version of Merlin is a time traveling reality warper and it's possible that the two have run into one another.
- It's also notable that Rumpel himself can travel between Worlds and that not all of the doorways in the show have been shown.
Nightwish's Tuomas Holopainen will end up writing a song for the game.Seriously, have you heard his Scrooge McDuck album? Someone at Disney will hire him to write the theme song alongside Usada. Who Framed Roger Rabbit universe!
- Somehow, I am both curious and scared of what the fandom's reaction would be if that happened...
Lightning if she appears will have a role similar to Cloud and Auron from previous gamesTo be specific she will start out working for Hades (Possibly due to the fact that he might have another character from Final Fantasy XIII hostage.) but after you defeat her she may become a party member that helps you defeat Hades.
Relating to the Rumpelstiltskin theory
- The reason Sora will summon him is so that he can learn how to take people's hearts. This is a skill some people in the OUAT verse have and Sora will need it if he wants to give Ven his heart back without turning into a heartless again.
When you battle an Organization Member who has a personal connection to one of the Heroes that Character will be a Party MemberFor example Lea when fighting Saix or Riku during the Boss Fight against Ansem Seeker of Darkness
The Horned King will be one of the villainsHe is incredibly popular in Japan and they have been trying to find a way to work him into the plot since the first game.
- As cool as this would be, Disney has all but disowned the film in the West and probably wouldn't want to give him a villain slot before other, more popular characters. That being said, there's a pretty good chance he'd be a Bonus Boss.
There will be a multiplayer mode.In the vein of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, it will be about a team of warriors and mages that Yen Sid deploys on missions during the main story when Sora and the others are busy. His magic train will be their transportation and they can be equipped with items that are Mythology Gags to Disney and Final Fantasy (Kim Possible mission outfits and Final Fantasy weapons like gunblades, for example). There will be an exchange between single and multiplayer in the form of items and experience as well as costume unlocks for multiplayer, but it won't affect the endings.
Pre-Order outfits will be available as DLC.Like the Final Fantasy XIII DLC but with actual stat increases like the Mass Effect 3 DLC costumes, with character's base outfits giving bonuses as well, ex. the Organization cloak can be worn by Sora, Riku and Kairi with defense bonuses against Darkness and Water attacks (because it's a raincoat) and Keyblade armor that increases general Defense/Darkness. For exclusives Kairi will have a Princess Classic costume (with a shorter skirt to avoid clipping issues), Riku his Vanitas-esque body suit and Sora a more mature version of his original outfit.
New and Returning Party Members.
- World, Castle Oblivion/Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats, Medium HP, Low Strength, Mid Low Defence, High Magic and Good Agility
- Abilities, Primarily uses more powerful versions of the spells that Sora has access to
- Limit, Sora and Aqua launch a barrage of powerful magic spells in a circle around them
- World, Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats, High HP, High Strength, Good Defence, Low Magic and Low Agility
- Abilities, Mainly relies on his Keyblade with the occasional use of Darkness and Earth Magic
- Limit, Terra and Sora will do a series of synchronized Keyblade strikes. They will occasionally create shockwaves causing meteors to fall from the sky
- World, Keyblade Graveyard
- Stats Low HP, Good Strength, Good Defence, Good Magic and Amazing Agility
- Abilities Fights a lot like Sora but with Wind and Holy Spells added to his arsenal
- Limit, Sora and Ventus use a Limit somewhat similar to Eternal Seisson from Kingdom Hearts 2 but 70% more Tornado
- Iron Man
- World, Earth 199999 (Or whatever they call the Marvel World if its in this game)
- Stats, Good HP, Mid Low Strength, Good Defence, High Magic (Irony) and Low Agility
- Abilities, Primarily Attacks using Repulsor Rays and Lock-On Missles
- Limit, Iron Man and Sora unleash a massive amount of projectiles around themselves that ends with a Unibeam blast
The Foretellers are the Men Behind The Man for Xehanort.They are hinted to be the Lost Masters from the teaser.
Worse they are the complete beings of Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord and Larxene.Marluxia rules Anguis(Ambiguous Gender and has a floral Keyblade), Demyx is incharge of Leopardos(young looking), Luxord leads Unicornis(manly) and Larxene runs Vulpeus(female and has a cloud Keyblade). The Ursus Foreteller is either the only one without a Nobody or his Nobody is in hiding.
- Jossed. The Foretellers are their own characters, named Invi (Anguis), Gula (Leopardos), Ava (Vulpes), Aced (Ursus), and Ira (Unicornis).
Yiazmat will be an optional bossBeing a denizen of the Realm of Light, Yiazmat's battle will have a ton of light-related spells flying around and due to its ridiculous amount of health in its source game, fighting Yiazmat will be long and as its health get lower, Yiazmat busts out new attacks (including character-exclusive skills) and alters its pattern, culminating in having access to EVERY SINGLE ATTACK IN THE GAME.
Neither the heroes nor Xehanort will get to Ven's bodyInstead a certain magic illuminati dorito will nab it and proceed to use it to cause complete chaos. Heck he could even fight with Xehanort over the right to an empty puppet while being persued by Sora and co.
The Firebird will appear as a bonus boss.Just as the title says.
- How about instead of a bonus boss, the firebird will play a similar role to Chernabog in KH 1, an unforeshadowed final Disney opponent with little influence on the story. While Night on Bald Mountain builds up slowly, when the Firebird awakens in Fantasia 2000, the sudden eye opening and music practically make it a Jumpscare. If the Firebird makes a sudden appearance right before Xehanort or even between Xehanort battles, that will throw players for a loop.
The legend about the Keyblade War is completely trueThe inevitable war happens, and the worlds become plunged into the oblivion of darkness. However, like the children whose light restored the worlds to their current form, Sora and company come to the rescue. Whether it be through finding the true light of Kingdom Hearts or the light in our heroes hearts, a Universal Reset Button is pushed and the worlds are restored to their original state of legend: one whole universe with no vast darkness between. To replace (or perhaps join) the legend of old is a tale about a boy with a Keyblade who brought the world back to the true light with the help of his True Companions.
There will be a new set of enemiesThey will be called "Afterlives." They are formed if either: A. The Nobody is slain before the Heartless, or B. If an evil person dies. If the former, Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord became Afterlives, explaining their absences. If it's the latter, the final boss would be Xehanort's Afterlife. Once an Afterlife is slain, they reincarnate.
- Alternatively, they'll be called "Remnants," with the Vanitas Remnant being our first hint of them.
There will be hints of Disney musicals in the worldsNomura DID want to make FFXV one after seeing Les Miserables, but since he got turned down on that one he might put those ideas into here. One song a world, perhaps? Maybe even a finale when you finish the plot for a world, just cutscenes where they sing with no mini game, or you know what just maybe off-to-the-side Easter eggs from NPCs in peaceful areas. Hopefully they'll be much more enjoyable than KH 2’s Atlantica.
Kairi will get significant Character DevelopmentThrough the fact that- through some means -she'll finally remember her life in Radiant Garden completely and in more detail. This might also be pretty key to the plot! Kairi probably knew the amnesiac Terranort, since he was the one who sent her to the islands in the first place, and such details might lead to an upper hand on the fight with Xehanort since the heroes will now know knowledge that Xehanort didn't anticipate them to find out. What'll probably trigger this is her going to Radiant Garden, probably with Sora and/or Riku, since this time it can really sink in what this place is (didn't really stay long enough in Hollow Bastion to really learn the name or see much detail that could trigger her). Who knows, she might even get a sequence akin to Once Upon a December as she recalls more and more about her life. Or maybe not. She was about four after all.
If Riku and Kairi are playableEach character will have a different play style.
- Sora: His play style will combine the reaction commands and Drive forms from Kingdom Hearts II and the Command Deck from the later games.
- Riku: He will have both the Command Deck and Flow Motion from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
- Kairi: Since she will be just learning how to use her Keyblade, her style will be based on the style of Kingdom Hearts I.
- Sora would combine Terra's physical strength with Ven's speed and defense, which would make him pretty much the same as he was in past games, customization aside. Sora's drawback is that his magic would be the same as it was in past games, with neither Riku's darkness nor Kairi's light augmenting it.
- Riku would have Terra's power and dark attacks, but with Aqua's magic, his dark powers would be stronger and more varied than Terra's were, possibly adding Dark versions of Blizzaga and Thundaga to his arsenal. His drawback (much like in Dream Drop Distance) would be weaker defense and lower HP than Sora, requiring him to defeat enemies quickly instead of drawing out a battle.
- Kairi would, of course, be a mix of Ven's speed, light attacks, and healing abilities with Aqua's combat magic, but would be a bit on the fragile side (though making up for it at high levels) due to not having as much experience as the other two.
The final segment of the introductory sequence of Dream Drop Distance spoiled the climax of Kingdom Hearts III...At the end of the game, Sora, Riku, and King Mickey will confront Xehanort, who will summon the Thirteen Darknesses and give himself as much of a high ground advantage as possible. King Mickey will then summon the rest of the Seven Guardians of Light(and anybody else he can think of that could possibly help within his power without it being too draining), and a Battle Royale With Cheese will commence.
There will be multiple endings, based on several factors:
- Which difficulty you're playing on.
- How close to 100% Completion you got to.
- Decisions the Destiny Islands Trio makes individually at various branching points.
- Things you did in the X.5 Remix mix games via Old Save Bonus and the X-Box or Playstation Network clouds.
- Whether or not you played Kingdom Hearts Chi, and what you did during your playthrough.
- Unlikely considering the series will continue after KH 3, meaning there has to be a canon ending. The X-Box does not have the HD Remixes meaning it could not be implemented. Also forcing players to buy other games to get better endings is a dick move.
There will be Final Fantasy-based DLC costumesAnd they will have special weapons relating to that character.
- Sora: Cloud Strife, featuring the return of Metal Chocobo.
- Riku: Cecil Harvey. He will be wearing his Paladin costume. If he is able to use Dark Mode again, then he will wear his Dark Knight armor.
- Kairi: Lightning Farron. With the announcement of Keyblades that can act as projectiles, it would be perfect for Kairi to have a Keyblade modeled after Lightning's Gunblade.
- Donald: Vivi Ornitier.
- Goofy: Kimahri Ronso. He will have a shield that's basically a comically over-sized version of one of Kimahri's armlets.
- King Mickey: The Warrior of Light.
- Lea: Reno. Yeah, I know it's predictable.
Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls will either be a bonus boss or be involved in the plot somehowIn Gravity Falls, Bill Cipher is an Eldritch Abomination who's main power is over dreams. His most recent episode had him looking for a Vessel. He's also implied to be aware of the Fourth Wall and that he creates the ciphers the viewers see. He's also talked about how Vagueness Is Coming, but it's uknown if he's seeing the future or knows about the plans for it. Or even if he's a good guy with a REALLY twisted sense of humor and looking out for his own interests, or if he's a villain. Let's see, Kingdom Hearts has the "Dive to the Heart" in almost every game, which usually takes place one the character is sleeping. The most recent game literally to them to the realm of sleep. Ven is currently soul less, a perfect vessel for Bill. And he can know about the future. If he's a Bonus Boss, he shows up in a Dive to the Heart and convinces Sora to look for Ven. For Ven's own interests, of course. Bill then tags along in Sora's shadow and possesses Ven. Either you fight Bill in Ven (who is using Ven's BBS power set) or Bill and Sora take turns taking over the bodies so you will fight occasionally as Sora in Ven facing Bill in Sora. You could also need to find the Journals to unlock this battle. Beating him unlocks the Secret ending where Bill is talking to the next villain. Or it could be revealed that he's playing the Org and Team Keyblade against each other. He made deals with both and he's trying to get them to destroy each other. Finally, every time he's on screen, the captions will be run through a cipher. If you solve the cipher, what the cipher says is not at all what Bill (or whomever he's talking to) says. However, he makes sure to give a hint to the player so they know how to decipher it.
Wonderland will be burned to the ground by Xehanort.The remains will look like the Tim Burton film. This would fit with the darker tone Nomura wants for the game.
Master Xehanort's new voice actors...With Nimoy and Otsuka down for the count, who are they gonna get to replace them?
- English: Probably someone like Corey Burton or Jim Cummings, but preferably not since they're already doing a lot of the "old man" voices and they're starting to blend together.
- Possibly Christopher Lloyd?
- Japanese: You can't replace Chikao or Nimoy. Have Master Xehanort silently age himself down to a body in say his 30's, and have Braig/Xigbar snark about it.
Chernabog will be revealed to be in semi-league with XehanortThe big guy's Satan and nobody's more made of darkness than him, besides Vanitas, anyway. Lets say Chernabog basically lends the Dark Seekers extra Heartless to help plunge the universe into darkness. The National Bank of Bald Mountain, as it were. Come on, you know you want another boss fight with this guy.
The final battle will involve two X-Blades: Xehanort's and the originalXehanort's plan is to combine seven lights and thirteen darknesses into a new X-Blade. It doesn't take into account that there already was one that was destroyed in the Keyblade War. There's been plenty of speculation that Sora and Mickey's Kingdom Keys are somehow related to the X-Blade. Maybe they're the broken remains of the original (with some pieces cobbled together from Ven's/Vanitas' failed X-Blade), and rebuilding the original X-Blade will be essential to countering Xehanort's X-Blade if his plan succeeds.
Terra has a Heartless somewhere in the worldsWhen Young Xehanort surrendered to darkness, Xemnas was created from his body and soul, and 'Ansem' from his heart. But as there were two hearts in there—Master Xehanort's and Terra's—Terra's Heartless must still be somewhere out there. And with the degree of darkness inside of him, odds are it's not a pushover.
- This troper was under the impression that the 'Guardian' used by both Terranort in BBS and Xehanort in the first game was, in fact, Terra's Heartless - it appears alongside both, suggesting it is not simply an extension of Xehanort's Heartless, and appears to be bound to his will, evoking similarity with his possession of Terra's body. He first manifests it when fighting Aqua, a situation in which whatever is left of Terra in Terranort would be struggling against Xehanort's will. IIRC, it even has it's own version of some of Terra's moves. This would also mean it becomes the World of Chaos, half of the final boss of KH 1 - and there are some minor similarities between Wo C's head and Terra's helmet that support the idea. Not a pushover indeed.
The final boss will take place inside the true Kingdom Hearts.The first game's final boss took place in a black void that contained the door to Kingdom Hearts, though we never saw much of what lay beyond it other than a massive horde of heartless that we never got to fight, and KHII's final boss took place inside the artificial Kingdom hearts that Orginization XIII created. So if Xehanort somehow managed to forge the χBlade and summon the TRUE Kingdom Hearts, having the battle move from the Keyblade Graveyard (or wherever Xehanort wants the 7 lights and 13 darknesses to clash) into Kingdom Hearts itself would make the final boss of III that much more epic!
Chernabog will be revealed to be the manipulating Xehanort all along.And then he will turn Maleficent in a dragon again, making her the Final Boss, exiting the scene, and making a Sequel Hook. All a Call Back to the unused concepts of the first game.
Arendelle may not appear as a world, but Elsa could be a Summon.I've heard Frozen shan't be getting its own world, but it is possible that Elsa could act as a Summon, even getting a variation on Shiva's signature Diamond Dust (under a different name, of course) as a reaction command in addition to powerful Blizzard magic. No, not Elsa and Anna as a team, just Elsa. And even if Arendelle does end up as a world, Elsa could still act as a summon (and it would, naturally, be a snowflake charm).
Darkwing Duck may someday appear, but as a character in Disney Town.Because Disney Town I guess isn't weird enough yet and they already have his VA on payroll to do half a million other voices. Also it would be awesome. Well, despite the fact that it's unlikely, as he's a TV Show character, and they don't have those in KH (unless you count characters from shorts as being tv show characters), but I can dream just like Gravity Falls fans can.
- Or he could be a summon. Sora would grasp the summon charm (with Darkwing Duck's sigil on it) and summon him. There would be smoke, and then he appears. They both have a Back-to-Back Badasses moment and, as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner, both Sora and Darkwing say his iconic Catch Phrase; "Let's get dangerous!"
Maleficent will rally together the Disney Villains against Xehanort at some point before or during the final battle.After being played as the pawn by the Big Bads throughout the series, Maleficent will come the realization of how much see has been used by Xehanort and how her only chance at universal conquest is to eliminate his interference. She will try to organize a council of villains from each world, but will encounter setback from Sora and his friends’ intervention, Pete’s bumbling, and Xehanorts own influence. Her main motivations won’t be seen until up to the finale battle where her presence will ether stale or influence the end result of the battle. The motivation for the other villains involvement will be how Even Evil Has Standards.
This game will be a full fledge Crisis Crossover.
Worlds and their plotlines.Feel free to add to this.
- Agrabah: An adaptation of the king of thieves this time around things leading to a boss battle against a Heartless Sa'luk inside the moving island.
- Beast's Castle: Troubles with heartless in the forset bring problems to the town and the castle ending with a Wolf pack style boss.
- Castle of Dreams: Lady Tremaine's heartless appears and terrorizes Cinderella. the gang shows up and puts an end to it.
- Dwarf woodlands: The evil queen is back empowered by the darkness she uses the heartless to try and achieve her goals.
- Enchanted Dominion: The gang takes the fight to Maleficent on her home turf.
- Wonder Land: The dark seekers power corrupts wonder land Sora and co rush to save the land, leading to a fight with a heartless Jabberwocky.
- Olympus Coliseum: Concerned for their friend Sora and co. go to check on herc only to find Hades using the Four Elemental Fiends in his latest bid to take down Hercules. Features the return of zack now a full fledged hero.
- Castle Oblivion: while recovering ventus Sora uncovers the full truth of his lost year. Boss fight is a battle in the center of the mind as Namine's guardian persona tries to take over.
- Twilight town: A search for clues amongst Ansem's possesions leads to the truth of the mansions original owner.
- Atlantica: one Year Inside, Hour Outside Time Skip later, Sora helps Melody out with certain issues. While another Keybearer helps Ariel look for Melody
- Pride Lands: On another Time Skip, Sora helps Simba quell tensions between newly exiled lions and the pride. They also meet Timon's Aunt and Uncle as well as Kiara and Kovu
- Tangled: The gang drops into a new world and find Rapunzel's tower while fighting the heartless. From there Sora and co get roped into helping Rapunzel go see the floating lights ending with a boss fight against a Darkness boosted Gothel.
- Atlantis: The crew turns up just before the Atlantis crew finds the lost city. After exploring for a while Roarke's theft of the great crystal sends Sora and co go to retrieve the crystal, ending with a boss fight against crystal corrupted Roarke.
- Gargoyles: Sora and co land in a new world. Rumors of monsters see them hunting on the roof tops where they meet the Manhattan clan. The stage ends with Sora teaming up with Goliath to take out a horde of heartless Steel clan.
- Except for Twilight Town Olympus Coliseum and Tangled (which are confirmed) and the new worlds, most likely jossed. Nomura says most most of the Disney worlds will be new.
The ending will be similar to the finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender.Sora will "depower" Xehanort and imprison or banish him, like how Aang did the same to Ozai, instead of outright permanently destroying him. His powers of darkness will be taken away, his keyblade will side with Sora, and all of his forms will disappear forever. He will remain there for the rest of the series with no further focus or mention and the plot moves on. This, or something to this effect, is how I hope the game ends.
Terra will sacrifice himself to destroy Xehanort once and for all.It is heavily implied that Terra will be brought back one way or another, but he has been merged with Xehanort for so long that it might be impossible to release him completely without harming is. So, what it's possible that perhaps after the very final boss fight, Terra's soul inside Xehanort will be awakened and he comes back temporarily, but he knows that Xehanort is still fighting even though he's weakened and it will not take long for him to take over once again; which is when Terra decides to pull a Heroic Sacrifice to destroy both himself and Xehanort once and for all. He could also do it as a mean of redeption considering that he blindly trusted Xehanort during the events of BBS, which brought down a 12-year-long coma state and stay in the realm of darkness for both of his best friends respectively, as well as the death of his master and father figure.
There will be no need for a balance between Light and DarknessInstead the game will be a deconstruction of Light Is Not Good and be a epic reconstruction of Light Is Good.
The Book of Prophecies will play an important role within this game
- After all, Mickey Mouse was seen summoning forth Roxas, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Donald and Goofy from a book within the opening sequence to Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance so that they could fight Xehanort alongside him, Sora and Riku within the Keyblade Graveyard. What's to say that book isn't the Book of Prophecies?
- To add, the book was mentioned in he added scenes of Re:Coded within the 2.5 remix, establishing a reason for why Maleficent wanted the Datascape. And Bringing forth a possibility that Jiminy's Journal might be one of the Books of Prophecies
Jiminy's Journal is the Book of PropheciesKingdom Hearts χ states that the cards being used by players come from the Foretellers using the Book of Prophecies to call upon the powers of heroes from the future. Why then would the book fixate particularly on Sora and his group of friends, unless the book itself had recorded them? It's a vast universe and an infinite timeline to draw from, and "there are no coincidences in fate"... Dream Drop Distance already confirmed the existence of a form of time travel within the mythos - and while its rules may restrict an Ominous Message from the Future, it's not the first time Sora and Xehanort have come up with unconventional workarounds to "universal rule", or found alternative paths of travel. The Journal could have been sent back into the past before Sora went on to his final battle with Xehanort; the final entry has been doctored before the events transpired, to force actions by former Keyblade wielders in the past (perhaps even instigating the first Keyblade War), as well as put Xehanort on his path...
Xehanort's plan to make Sora a Recusant will backfireXehanort will finally go through the process of inserting his heart into Sora's body - the natural conclusion to an arc about a villain who pulls Grand Theft Me to survive and an All-Loving Hero who acts as a carrier for all of his friends' hearts - but that's where his plan falls apart. Sora's remarkable ability to form connections with others will overpower Xehanort's force (helped by Xehanort stretching himself thin over a dozen other bodies). Perhaps it could be represented by a Battle in the Center of the Mind, with Sora aided by all of the other hearts inside of him, or even representatives of all of the connections he's made fighting Xehanort. Ultimately Sora engulfs Xehanort's heart, meaning Xehanort handed a "purified" fragment of himself to Sora on a silver platter.
This game will confirm that Xehanort has been manipulated all along by a Bigger Bad...... a former master of his Keyblade, or perhaps even the goatheaded Keyblade itself. His is said to be the oldest Keyblade to presently exist, and to have a mind of its own. What if it (or someone inside of it) has been using the laws of time travel - that it must have a body at both its departure point and destination - to influence events before Xehanort ever got his hands on it? If the sixth Foreteller managed to pull one of Xehanort's classic Grand Theft Me tactics on a Keyblade, he could piggyback off of it to be anywhere in its history - which would also explain his disappearance during χ.
- No one is more aggressive with seeking out other worlds than him.
The final battle will involve time traveling into the pastThis will the end story with the undoing of all the major events in the Kingdom Hearts timeline. This allows for the new saga to happen.
Riku will fight Aqua.We know from E3 2013 that Riku will be tracking down the trio from Bb S while Sora handles protecting the seven lights. Do you think the Keyblade Master who had it drilled into her head by her Master that darkness is unquestionably evil, watched her friends and Master fall to darkness, and was trapped herself in the Realm of Darkness for over a decade will react very well when a Keyblade wielder who uses darkness approaches her?
Xigbar/Braig will turn on MX.He won't commit a full-on Heel–Face Turn, but he'll botch most of MX's plans to benefit his own. Based on the recent comments he's made on the 2.5 ending ("That Xehanort guy creeps me out", "Whatever, I've got my hands full with my own plans"), and the fact that Braig always seemed to me somebody who plans ahead for his own but he doesn't show it to others, hence his laid-back/unassuming appearance he shows most of the time. I'm guessing he's in this only for his own benefit (to get the Keyblade) and once that's done, he's off for himself. Maybe he's finding flaws in MX's plans after all, and he'll make such a move it'll cause part of MX's plan to crumble. I doubt he'll ever be a hero, but he could always work as a shady character doing his own things and weaseling his way around the different worlds and so, causing hindrance to the heroes.
Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene will finally return in this game.It may be a stretch, but these characters are quite popular on their own and for years people have begged to know more of them. This would be the perfect game to reintroduce them as their Somebodies and tells us a little more of their backstories/names, motivations, and what they're up to nowadays. Since they're not from Radiant Garden, they're not bound to be with the Apprentices, however they would be available for the new Org. Some of them could even change alliances and join Sora's team, or more realistically, they could work as sorta Anti-Villain/Anti-Heroic figures whom Sora meets up with during his travels. It would be an interesting experience to see Sora talking with any of these four.
Ephemera will be one of the seven lights.
Ava's Dandelions will return from the other world just in time for the final battle against Xehanort.
Eraqus and Xehanort's Master and the Foretellers' Master is the same person.They are both Masters who are mentioned but aren't seen and it was stated that the Keyblade War was Eraqus and Xehanort's Master's "favorite story" and it is the Master's favorite because the Master was there to witness it.
- Alternatively, the Master of Xehanort and Eraqus is the traitorous sixth Foreteller.
The inevitable Secret Ending won't just serve as a teaser for the next KH installment.The Secret Ending begins with Sora and co getting back to their normal lives, only for the camera to zoom out and reveal that it is simply a hologram-esque live feed playing in a bar-like setting. Two otherworldly figures watch intently and provide "where are they now" commentary before discussing the philosophical implications of the events which have just transpired: how light could prevail over never-ending darkness, the unwavering power of love and friendship even in the midst of betrayal/tragedy, the finicky nature of prophecies, the way that the world can go back to relative normalcy after such a calamitous event, etc. One of the men turns to the other, revealing himself to be Sanae Hanaekoma, and asks the other if he thinks that the conflict between darkness and light has finally reached its conclusion. Joshua replies that he doesn't know, and remarks that as long as humans exist, darkness and light will occupy the human heart in balance - but that the individual can decide through their actions whether the light or darkness dominates them. Hanaekoma expresses surprise at Joshua's response, noting that he's fan more optimistic about human potential than he used to be. Joshua only shrugs, simply stating that a friend proved that to him long ago, and that he's finally ready to see him in the RG again. As Joshua leaves the Dead God's Pad, Hanaekoma calls out that it's about time as the camera lingers on the floor, the shadows casting the unmistakable silhouette of a Player Pin and the words "Time 2 play the Game again". Two to three months after KHIII releases - just enough time for a large chunk of consumers to experience the ending for themselves and generate internet buzz - Square Enix finally, finally confirms that they've greenlit and begun development on a sequel to The World Ends with You since Tetsuya Nomura and co. have no major games in development for the first time since the release of the original.
Disney properties to be integrated into Kingdom Hearts III.
- A Bug's Life
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- The Avengers
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- The Black Cauldron
- The Brave Little Toaster
- Darkwing Duck
- The Emperor's New Groove
- Finding Nemo
- Gravity Falls
- The Incredibles
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Jungle Book
- Kick Buttowski
- Kim Possible
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Love Bug
- Mary Poppins
- Monsters, Inc., and/or Monsters University
- The Muppet Movie
- 101 Dalmatians
- Phineas and Ferb
- The Princess and the Frog
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
- Robin Hood
- Schoolhouse Rock
- The Sword in the Stone
- Toy Story
- Treasure Planet
- TRON: Uprising
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Disney's various sequels (precedented with Agrabah in II and The Grid in Dream Drop Distance):
- Aladdin and the King of Thieves
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
- Cinderella III: A Twist in Time (Dreams Come True is more like a Compilation Movie)
- Oh, that could possibly work really well, considering time travel is an established element of KH now, and that Sora is gonna be gathering the Princesses of Heart.
- Either The Lion King II: Simba's Pride or The Lion King 1½''
- 1 1/2 is unlikely given it takes place during the original movie, which is already over as far as this series is concerned.
- In the case of II, Nuka would be the first boss of the world, and he dies in a log slide just like in the game that is triggered by the fight. Zira is, naturally, the final boss.
- Also in the case of II, Kiara could be a party member or summon, like her dad in the previous games; she did make a cameo at the end of Kingdom Hearts II, so it would make sense to see her grown up in this game.
- Jossed. Nomura confirmed Pride Lands is not in the game.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: both Dead Man's Chest and At World's End (Due to the Keyblade being a Story-Breaker Power with regards to the former).
- The Hunchback Of Notre Dame II
- The rest of Lilo & Stitch: to be precise, the portions in Hawaii, with elements from the original movies, its sequel, and the series (And maybe even a cameo or reference to the anime, if they can).
The game will feature the most worlds in the seriesBecause the fans have been waiting for a lengthy game
- Confirmed to have more worlds then KH 2, which has the most in the series.
Nomura will introduce other Disney Junior Shows as new worlds in the game, only to troll fansMaybe Nomura will include this just to troll some fans for bashing the Hundred Acre Wood world in both Kingdom Hears 1 and 2. Let's list a few:
- PB&J Otter - The Noodle Dance Sequence will be same as the one in Atlantica rhythm dance minigame in Kingdom Hearts II.
- JoJo's Circus - Sora and co. meets Jojo, and they needed to perform in the Big Top Circus in order to advance to the next world. Maybe Nomura will throw Lightning into the mix just for annoyance.
- Henry Hugglemonster - Sora will need to solve all 100 of Henry's problems.
- Jake And The Neverland Pirates - Sora goes back to Neverland, team up with Jake's crew and Peter Pan to take down Hook for one last time.
- Doc McStuffins - Sora's Keyblade will be broken when he arrives at Doc's world and she will fix it. While its being fixed, he and co. will befriend the other toys. Sora will be a Figma or a Play Arts Kai figure in this world.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Sora meets young Mickey, Hilarity Ensues.
- And now you are hated forever, OP.
- Can't believes you didn't mention Sofia the First.
- Stop having Nomura lose the fanbase, I thought we wanted him to win us back.
Frozen will appear as a world.Because Elsa spamming blizzagas.
- Perhaps Elsa's fear of herself and love for her family has made her heart equally light and dark (similar to how Ven started out) and this causes Xehanort to target her as one of his many back up plans.
- As Elsa nears her Despair Event Horizon, Xehanort takes the opportunity to manipulate the darkness in her heart, and the player is forced to fight either her or her own Vanitas (if only for the sake of an awesome boss fight).
- If D-links from Birth by Sleep return, then Elsa will be one, granting all sorts of ice powers (Blizzaga, Blizzard Raid, Homing Blizzara, Glacier, Triple Blizzaga) with the final limit break being, what else? "Let it Go", which basically nukes everything on the screen - with ice.
- And after that fight is over, Xehanort will have another of his Thirteen Darknesses... Hans!
- After the adventure there is concluded, there will be a massive amount of Riku/Elsa Ship Tease, even more than Sora/Ariel in the first two games.
- Think about it. Riku's behavior in the first game pretty much sunk any possible pairing with Kairi, but let's look at Elsa. She has this natural ability that makes herself a danger to everyone around her, and which nearly kills someone very dear to her, despite her best intentions. Hmm... where have we seen this before?
- Or instead of Riku, Lea will be part of the group that goes to Arendelle and he'll spend the entire time flirting with Elsa.
- At this point, Frozen is pretty much a shoo-in, as stated on its own WMG page. There's two reasons why a Frozen world would be beneficial for both franchises:
- Pandering to the Japanese fanbase. Frozen is enjoying Titanic-like success in Japan, which is also Kingdom Hearts' country of origin. This is pretty much why it's almost guaranteed to be in the game.
- Helping to introduce more male fans to Frozen. Even if it's a Cast Full of Pretty Boys, an RPG video game has a much higher proportion of male fans than a Disney princess movie, so if Arendelle as a world is done awesomely then it'd succeed in winning them over.
- Jossed. While Yasue did express that he would like to include a world for Frozen, it won't be appearing in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Tangled will also appear as a worldAnd if Rapunzel is a D-link (if that returns), then she grants restorative powers (Regen for example), stuns, and the final limit is simply her squashing enemies flat with a frying pan.
- Sora's Keyvhain from that world (a length of golden hair with a chameleon figurine on the end) will change the Keybalade into a giant frying pan. Riku will actually mock him for this.
- As of E3 2015, confirmed!
Instead of Disney Junior shows, as another WMG suggested, recent Disney Channel shows would be included.As much as having preschool shows would troll the fans it would be a bigger troll to have shows with a fanbase comparable to Justin Bieber (and a hatedom to match).
- Stop having Nomura troll us, aren't we supposed to have him winning us over?
- Alternatively, he goes back a little further - Traverse Town (Or whatever town is the base for Kingdom Hearts 3) has a a store that sells Proud Snacks and Penny Proud being an NPC. Dave the Barbarian is an optional boss. Jake Long is also an NPC in the traverse town. The Recess gang is hanging out, with Mikey being the only one who can stand proud snacks, with Gretchen acting as a gummi engineer or in-game hint system, (If not Raven), Tish, Tino, Carver, and Lor hanging out.
Related to the Disney Channel WMG above, A.N.T. Farm would get its story completed in this game, complete with world and all.Since the show got canceled and drew the ire of Flyna shippers due to the last minute Folive shipping, the game would expand the What Could Have Been ideas for the show and give the Flyna ship its intended happy ending (as opposed to the rushed conclusion), and for fun, most of the puzzles in that world would involve doing talent-based stuff (Like a rhythm minigame or answering some questions about the KH universe).
The Disney worlds are a mixture of new worlds and returning worlds - with the overarching goal between them being that they were all paths Xehanort might choose to take, so the protagonists are visiting all these worlds not to seal the keyholes from heartless, but to seal the keyhole to close the door on Xehanort's plans. Sometime before Birth by Sleep (including timetravel), Xehanort had set up his plans in these worlds, and will return to check on them.
- Another WMG up there suggested that Xehanort's business in Frozen is because Elsa's heart had become equally light and dark, making her potentially able to summon the x-blade. His plans are quashed by the protagonists getting Elsa to accept her powers, thus closing her off.
- From Tangled, Xehanort had (in the past) seen the flower, and noticed that it could "heal" hearts. He thought Ven was worthless, which was why he didn't take Ven to the flower before. By the events of Kingdom Hearts 3, the flower had been picked and Gothel had kept Rapunzel in the tower, but Xehanort might return in hopes that he coule either convert Rapunzel or Gothel into a vessel, or use Rapunzel as one of his seven lights. (OR even have her "heal" a Nobody into a copy of Xehanort.) Flynn cuts her hair, and thus Rapunzel loses her power to "heal" hearts. (Subsequently this is what made Sora attractive to Xehanort in Dream Drop Distance.)
- In Brave, Xehanort seeks to exploit the witch - since her spell had turned Mor'du into a demonic bear, which is in fact a result of his heart being stained with pride and darkness. For some reason, Mor'du was imperfect and simply left as a rampaging heartless, but Elinor and/or Merida appear to be much more suitable subjects... alternatively, he was behind the Witch's disappearance.
- In Wreck-It-Ralph, he noticed King Can-I mean Turbo's heart becoming stained, and noticed that he was able to warp reality in a game. So Xehanort seeks to take Turbo as one of his "Darknesses", since he's artificial, and might potentially be able to "develop" a heart of Xehanort makes him into a nobody.
- Princess and the Frog: Easy... Xehanort wanted to make Dr. Facilier and Mama Odie fight, creating the x-blade.
- If Oz appears as a world, two possiblities:
- Oz the Great and Powerful: Xehanort was either responsible for Evanora's Start of Darkness or he egged her on, making her into a potential vessel. Or, maybe he didn't think Evanora was strong enough, and thought maybe Theodora would be better. He eggs on Evanora since he could get another backup vessel with Theodora, except that the apple turns her into a heartless, creating a Nobody that could be bred into a vessel. When Evanora's necklace is removed, she herself becomes a heartless, also creating a nobody that can be made into a vessel. (Donald helps contribute to Oscar's trickery) The Wicked Witch of the West is fought twice - the second time as a Dual Boss with Evanora. Sadly, by destroying the two heartlesses, Sora gives Xehanort one or two more vessels.
- Return to Oz: Xehanort had visited the Nome king in the past and noticed that the Nome King was essentially a nobody - so he tried to see if the Nome King had a heart or not. In the current timeline, Xehanort returns and finds that the Nome King is starting to turn more human (like he does in the movie) and ergo becoming part of him. Xehanort's influence has made the Nome King more evil, and Sora shuts off his plans by defeating the Nome King and denying him a vessel. Being Xehanort... there is another road he could take...
There will be a world based on one of Disney's live action TV showsProbably not a girly music show world, but maybe something with action in it like Wizards of Waverly Place, Kickin' It, or Lab Rats.
- Wizards of Waverly Place - Sora and the gang get involved in one of the main Wizards arcs, perhaps the Gorog arc.
- Kickin' It - Sora and the gang help Jack and the Wasabi Warriors in their feud with the Black Dragons.
- Lab Rats - Sora and the gang fight Douglas Davenport an Marcus with help from Adam, Bree, and Chase.
Olympus Colliseum will returnAnd this time the tournaments will be on Mount Olympus. You may also be able to meet Zack there again, too.
- Adding to this Zack will be on Olympus because he became a True Hero and thus became a god.
- Well, Herc is aiming to regain his Godhood, not get it. Hero? Oh yeah, and he's totally going to ask Aqua to follow up on that date. God? Doubtful.
Marvel is a compilation of the three properties.Or rather, III will feature one big superhero world, "City of Heroes", that's a blend of Big Hero 6, the Incredibles, and Marvel. You get three optional party members some way or another - Hiro and Baymax, Mr. Incredible, and Captain America. Yokai, Syndrome, and Ultron are the villains in a Big Bad Triuumvirate.
- Jossed. There's a Big Hero 6 world that exclusively focuses on that property.
Disney Worlds and the events that occur
- San Fransokyo: When Hiro orders Baymax to kill Yokai, his heart will give into darkness and become a Heartless. Kairi's let will set him back to normal, but the group has to find his Nobody to complete him. After beating it, you get Baymax as a Summon.
- The world is confirmed, but the story is actually a sequel to the movie.
- Andy's House/Sid's House: When Sora and the gang learn about a world where toys are alive, this makes Sora paranoid about his childhood. Riku will especially panic because he would seem like the kind of kid that would blow up his toys. Donald would use his magic to help Woody and Buzz defend themselves.
- Arendelle: Sora and the gang come and are convinced by the town's folk that Elsa is a monster. When they see Elsa for who she really is, they end up conflicted who to help, since neither side is in the wrong.
- Olympus Coliseum: I had another theory concerning Emperor Meteus in the FF character theories, but here's an alternative one. Snow Villiers comes to Olympus to learn how to be a hero from Hercules. When Hades sees him with his fiancé, Serah, he kidnaps her and forces Snow to work for him in exchange for her safety.
If Treasure Planet were to grace the game...The RLS Legacy from Treasure Planet will be a world similar to Monstro, where it simply... appears as you're going to another world and Sora, Donald, and Goofy find themselves stowed away on the Legacy. Which does not go over well when Mr Arrow finds them and shows them to the good captain Amelia, who is about to have them locked in the brig when Heartless appear and neat work is made of them. Amelia is mildly impressed and hires Sora and co. on to defend the ship from the Heartless, which have been plaguing the journey. Eventually they do arrive at Treasure Planet (to Sora's childlike glee) and everything proceeds roughly as it did in the movie, though they skip Amelia getting hurt from the bad landing and just have them kidnapped right from the off, and the alarm system triggers a huge boss fight rather than the planet exploding. It explodes as a result of the boss fight OR the world is destroyed because of Xehanort. This of course assuming the worlds dip back into the way they were done in the first and second games, where the Heartless were integrated into the general plot of the original film. The Legacy' would be a good world to have because the nature of the movie's universe would mean they, like Triton, know about other worlds out there. And so could bring news about other worlds falling out of existence. Also I just really, really, really want Jim Hawkins as a Guest Star Party Member.
How Wreck-It Ralph may work as a world.It wasn't until I was talking with someone about how Wreck-It Ralph couldn't work as a world, that I realised there was one way that it could that would safely omit what people say makes it impossible to include, and it wouldn't make it look like a cheap excuse. Remove the arcade element and render the three games as programmes on Ansem the Wise's computer, accessed via Space Paranoids (which is in turn having its own problems because of what's going on in the sub-world). Wreck-It Ralph still has its own world, known only as "Game Central" and so named after the surge protector strip that allows the game characters to switch games in the film. The story picks up following around the time Felix goes after Ralph (meaning you need to get info from the Nicelanders), and the root of the trouble is, naturally, the Cybugs have eaten the Heartless and merged with them. So in addition to a beacon, they're also susceptible to the Keyblade. You naturally have to face a giant Cybug-Heartless boss, and King Candy, who could be turning into a Heartless because of his greed and being an attention whore. Or the latter is also the former and you fight them twice, just like you did with Scar in the Pride Lands. You can also fight a 1000 Heartless Battle here as in KHII, because from how Cybugs multiply, this makes total sense. I believe the final stage of this world would actually be Hero's Duty, when King Candy appears to have died when you fight him initially, but has actually fled to Hero's Duty to plan a revenge scheme. This would work because Turbo as King Candy actually still has data in the game at the time of his demise, and could regenerate on that coding and because he was so consumed by his own darkness. He renders Hero's Duty inaccessible until you do something in the other two worlds (fight a mini-boss?). In theory, you play through the first half of the world and do the plot of the movie, and the second half is original plot, taking place mostly in Hero's Duty.
How to work in Phantom Manor/Haunted MansionHaunted Mansion is one of Disney's most iconic rides, but it has a small problem in KH 3. Their mode of transport - the Doombuggies- is remarkable incapable of offensive abilities. So, make it a world. And use Euro Disney's Phantom Manor as a base. Phantom Manor is tied into the other nearby attraction, Big Thunder Mountain. They were apart of the same town, until the mining in the mountain angered it's protective spirit and it set a massive earthquake upon the town. Melanie's father died, as did MA Ny other people. Melanie Ravenswood later decided to marry, but a ghost -Le Fantom- murdered her fiancee. This then leads the two spirits in an eternal fight. Melanie wanting to protect the guests even beyond her death. And Le Fantom tormenting her spirit and wanting to add souls to his haunted version of the town above. Here is a ridethrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXU9ecfMm_o (Normally a Phantom laughs with a shovel outside the bourdoir. He appears to have been down for a refurb) Sora can arrive in Thunder Mesa, and hears about the mansion. When he gets there, Le Fantom decides to add Sora to his collection. Melanie is just as determined to NOT let that happen. Constance Hatchaway and the Hatbox Ghost are Le Fantom's underlings. (though Constance is trying to get the power Le Fantom has. And she wants to use Sora to do it. She's a conwoman, after all) Sora eventually finds out about the souls trapped in the town, and decides to free them. At the end, the only soul not freed is Madame Leota. She knows what Xehanort is up to. And considering how far behind Sora and Co. are, they NEED a seer to help them.
There will be a Muppet worldIt will replace KH2's Atlantica as a musical mini-game world. As for the framing story behind the songs, one of the following could happen (feel free to add your own suggestions):
- It could adapt 1979's The Muppet Movie, with Sora, Donald, and Goofy joining Kermit's road trip to Los Angeles from his Florida swamp (with songs from the film, starting with "Rainbow Connection" and ending with "The Magic Shop/Rainbow Connection Reprise").
- It could adapt 2011's The Muppets, with Sora, Donald, and Goofy joining Walter and Gary in their quest to reunite the Muppets and save the Muppet Theater (with songs from the movie).
- It could be an original plot akin to an episode of The Muppet Show, with Sora, Donald, and Goofy invited as guest stars and performing alongside the Muppets (beginning with the Theme Tune; using songs from throughout the show's run, such as "Mahna Mahna" and "Turn the World Around"; and ending with "Rainbow Connection"). This option could also place the Muppet Theater in an existing world (such as Twilight Town or the Radiant Garden), rather than give the Muppets their own, separate world.
There will be a world based on The Emperor's New GrooveThe world will be named Kingdom of the Sun as a reference to the film's original title.
For the worlds that did not make the cut, but existed before in the previous titles, they will have a cameo or callback.
As an alternative to the above guess regarding this world, Wreck-it Ralph will have an optional section based on one real licensed arcade game. However......the section will be different on each HD system. PS4 gets Q-bert, while Xbox One gets Jetpac. In the event the optional section needed to be addressed in a sequel, it would be described in broad terms.
Phineas and Ferb will either get a world or a summonDanville could appear as a world where either Dr. Doofenshmirtz accidentally unleashes Heartless into the city, or could be directly based off Across the Second Dimension with both versions of Danville being their own separate worlds (but counting as one in-game), the Second Dimension Danville being ruled by an alternate, Heartless possessed Doofenshmirtz. Or, alternatively, the series will just get a summon. Either Agent P to go kung fu on enemies or the two titular characters to build a contraption to help Sora.
There will be a Gigantic worldWith Rock Titan already confirmed, the Storm Giants would fit right in as enemies.
Groot will be a summonSummoning Groot triggers a cutscene where Sora throws the plant pot and Groot bursts out.
How Inside Out could work as a world(this probably won't happen due to time constrains, but there's a reason this is Wild-Mass Guessing) Xehanort is attempting a new possession method by filling the mind with darkness first (goals may be: to keep full control of the entity, to weaken the heart's defenses or to create a loyal Nobody along with a Heartless), and has abducted Riley as a test subject. The heroes rescue her, but she's in a coma still under the effects of the experiment, so Yen Sid uses a spell to send them to Riley's Mind to cleanse it. There they meet and fight alongside the emotions (with the Running Gag of Sora confused about the "little people in his head" concept, wondering if he or the emotions have them too, only for everyone else to tell him to focus on the main war). Eventually they succeed, but Riley stays in the Hub World for recovery (allowing the world to be replayed) and is only sent to her home world at the end of the game. Oh, and some of the emotions become summons (the ones that didn't join the party in their world/level).
Roger Rabbit will be a summon
Zootopia will be a worldSoon after they arrive Donald will be arrested, or at least given a warning, for going out in public without pants.
- Either that or Judy will be a summon.
- If Judy is a summon, her Summon Charm would be obtained from Snow White to serve as an Actor Allusion to her voice actor's role in Once Upon a Time.
- It would work, based on the fact that it has an interesting world that could make a fun experience to travel in, and the themes of friendship and prejudice could tie well with most of the themes from Kingdom Hearts.
If Inside Out could be adapted into future Kingdom Hearts games, it will be a something completely different worldThink about this: The game won't directly adapt the movie and you won't control Sora or any other "normal" keyblade-wielding protagonists. No, you will actually play as Joy—specifically Sora's Joy! And the "world" is literally Sora's mind, just like the movie set in Riley's mind. Seriously, how cool is that?! I can really imagine this happening.
"Star Wars Rebels" could be the representative of Star Wars in KH 3.The problems posed by the Star Wars franchise in relation to Kingdom Hearts, namely multiple worlds and the art style, wouldn't be a problem with Rebels, given that the art style is already cartoony, and the action is pretty much already limited to Lothal.
- The representation of Rebels could be a Broad Strokes to implement Season 2 things, like Sabine's appearance, Ahsoka Tano, etc.
- The keyblade will be similar to Ezra's gunsaber.
- The villains would obviously be the Imperials, but mainly the Inquisitors (and maybe somehow getting the Grand Inquisitor to show up), and maybe Kallus.
- Maybe because of the Empire's recent actions (maybe something about the Force or wanting to use Heartless as an energy source for the Death Star?), some Heartless are starting to leak into the GFFA, so the Ghost crew returns back to Lothal (the center of the leaking) to remedy to problem before it gets worse.
- Ezra, Sabine, or Ahsoka will be summons.
- This will be an optional world.
- Not being able to leave Lothal will be excused as fear that as you are from the K Hverse, the more you travel, the more you spread out the spawn area for the Heartless.
Callaghanwill go through a Redemption Arc in San Fransokyo Since it is confirmed that San Fransokyo will be telling the events after Big Hero 6, the titular team will think he had something to do with the world's conflict, leading to a Not Me This Time scenario. After finding out that Abigail was alive, he'll realize how much of a bastard he was and try to redeem himself, only to get rejected at first. Much like Iago, he'd be the driving force that helps Sora and the BH 6 defeat Dark Baymax.
The Jungle Book world will finally appear in this world based on recent eventsThey're all hints for the film finally having a world in this game.
- 1) The new remake of the film that's coming out in a few months.
- 2) The abandoned world in Birth by Sleep, i'm thinking they're reserving that world for a PS game than to randomly insert it in a DS game (maybe for a better worldview and graphics?).
- 3) The recent leaked script of the abandoned Kingdom Hearts animated series, which told of a Jungle Book world that would appear in the show (and this was in the early days of the games, so I'm thinking Nomura always wanted to include Jungle Book in the series).
- 4) Nomura's comment that this game would have the most worlds out of them all, and that we'll be seeing new worlds more than anything. It makes it possible for this world to appear for the first time alongside other candidates like Tangled or Big Hero 6.
In the case of a Star Wars world, there will be time travel involved.We will have a Clone Wars stage, a Rebels stage, and a  stage. Truer to the Text (also marketing).
A LucasArts property will have a world, or at least get some inclusionIt was said that they were looking into using a LucasArts property to put into the game (I forgot the article). Hopefully I'm not the only one seeing Sora fight off Heartless based off of the monsters from Zombies Ate My neighbors or fighting alongside Guybrush from the Monkey Island games.