Creator: Carrie Fisher
Carrie Fisher: Proving that you can kick ass even with two Danishes as big as your face strapped to your head. Yeah, itís an old line, but what else can I do? Height jokes and cracks about her being coked off her ass? No! I do have some standards, for Godís sake. Besides, those will come later.Carrie Frances Fisher (October 21, 1956-) is an American actress and writer who's most famous for starring as Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. Besides Star Wars, she has also starred in Shampoo, The Blues Brothers, Amazon Women on the Moon, When Harry Met Sally, and Drop Dead Fred.Of course, she was Hollywood royalty well before Star Wars was made, being the daughter of the late singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds, whose late 50s divorce was one of Hollywood's most infamous scandals of the time, as her father had an affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Fisher herself was briefly married to Paul Simon.These days, she's primarily focused as writer, having penned such books as Postcards from the Edge, which was made into a 1990 film starring Meryl Streep and Shirley Maclaine, Delusions Of Grandma, and Surrender the Pink. She also wrote and performed Wishful Drinking, a one-woman play about her life. For some strange reason, she will be on the QI Christmas special this season.Oh, and she owns the only official copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Tropes associated with Carrie Fisher:
- Casting Couch: She joked this is how she got the role in Star Wars: "I slept with some nerd. I hope it was George." She even mentions a similar joke for her cameo in Scream 3.
- Ms. Fanservice: In Return of the Jedi.
- Old Shame/I Am Not Spock: Played with and zigzagged with Star Wars. It's hard to tell if she is proud or embarrassed or both to have been in it. Her cover of Wishful Drinking has a woman resembling her with princess Leia buns with her head down and much of the stage show covered her love-hate relationship with it. She has stated that she wished she had turned down the role, though It's unclear if she regrets being in it or simply regrets agreeing to it. She has said "why not" when asked if she would like to be in the upcoming Star Wars movie. Whether this was a serious remark, snark (something she's known for) or both remains to be seen. She has since been confirmed to be appearing in the first film of the third trilogy according to The Other Wiki."George Lucas ruined my life and I mean this in the nicest way possible."
- Pun-Based Title: The above mentioned books Wishful Drinking and Delusions of Grandma.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: She's traded "star people" barbs with William Shatner. George Takei even offered to mediate at one pointnote No one is quite sure if they are kidding.
- Self-Deprecation: She uses it a lot in her books and interviews, regarding her drug abuse and her acting in Star Wars.You know how they say that religion is the opiate of the masses? Well, I took masses of opiates religiously.