open/close all folders
- Ryuunosuke Akiyama
- Josephine Angelini
- Ari Bach
- E. D. Baker
- Elizabeth Bear
- Hilari Bell
- Carol Berg
- Jim Bernheimer
- Libba Bray: Young adult literature.
- David L. Bradley: Southern author dabbling in speculative and historical fiction.
- Bo Burnham: Author of the humorous poetry book Egghead.
- Eric Burns-White: Webcomics critic and writer of speculative fiction.
- E. G. Castle
- Cinda Williams Chima
- Cassandra Clare
- CK Walker
- Brian Clevinger
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Rachel Cohn
- Bryan Davis
- Ted Dekker: Author of over 20 novels. He most famous works are The Books Of History Chronicles, Adam, Thr3e, and The Bride Collector.
- Amanda Downum
- Elizabeth Einspanier: Author of cross-genre fiction and hater of sparkly vampires.
- Ryan Estrada: Writer/artist of webcomics and other works.
- Gillian Flynn
- Rhiannon Frater
- Kyell Gold
- John Green: Author of several books, including Paper Towns.
- Jesse Hajicek: Author of The God Eaters.
- Shannon Hale
- Ellen Hopkins
- Erin Hunter: Pseudonym created by American company HarperCollins used by seven women, two of whom are American; author of the Warrior Cats, Seeker Bears, and Survivor Dogs series.
- N. K. Jemisin
- Jean Johnson: Primarily a Paranormal Romance author, she's branched off into Military Science-Fiction.
- Maureen Johnson
- S. Douglas Johnson
- Cleolinda Jones
- Julie Kagawa
- Morgan Kalka
- Lauren Kate
- Chuck Klosterman
- Mary Robinette Kowal: Sci-fi/fantasy author, puppeteer, blogger. friend of John Scalzi, Cory Doctorow, and many others (she has served in several leadership capacities in the SFWA). Author of Shades of Milk and Honey and its sequels, as well as The Transfigured Lady.
- Tom Kratman: Writes fairly hard Military Science-Fiction, usually with politics rather prominently featured in them. Has started to play in contemporary military fiction, with his Countdown series.
- Mark Levin – Best known as a talk radio host, but has written numerous non-fiction best sellers.
- David Levithan
- Tao Lin
- Mario Lucero
- Melissa Marr
- Gail Z. Martin: Epic Fantasy and Urban Fantasy, mainly. Co-wrote the Jack Desmet Adventures with husband Larry N. Martin.
- Seanan McGuire
- Carlton Mellick III: Author of Satan Burger, which inspired the Bizarro Fiction literary movement
- Marissa Meyer
- Scott Meyer
- Sarah Monette
- Perry Moore
- Jenna Moreci
- Tawni O Dell
- Nnedi Okorafor: Born and raised in America, though both her parents are Nigerian and she often writes about Nigerian characters.
- Christopher Paolini: Inheritance Cycle.
- C.T. Phipps
- D.P. Prior
- Steven H Propp
- Markham Shaw Pyle: Historian, critic, and (for our purposes) annotator of literary classics.
- Nathan Rabin: Film critic and head writer for The AV Club
- Ruthanne Reid
- Jennifer Diane Reitz
- Patrick Rothfuss
- Lilith Saintcrow
- Brandon Sanderson
- John Scalzi
- Lisa Shearin
- Wen Spencer
- Jessica Spotswood
- Ryk E. Spoor
- Ira Tabankin
- Travis S. Taylor: Super science genius with two doctorates, three master's, and one bachelor's degree, all in hard science and engineering. Also writes Sci-Fi.
- Chuck Tingle: Writer of niche erotica.
- Catherynne M. Valente: Trope Namer of Mythpunk.
- Anne B Walsh
- Dan Wells
- XXX Perimental Linguist XXX Traordinary: Genreless Auteur: Tales Of The Space South
- Twitchtip The Gnawer: Writer of fanfiction and original fiction on Archive of Our Own, specializing in fantasy.
- Patricia Polacco: author of Pink And Say, among other books.
British (United Kingdom)
- Alastair Campbell
- Cathy Cassidy: A children's/young adult author,
- Shana Festa
- Jasper Fforde
- Frances Hardinge
- Ralph Hayes, Jr.
- Erin Hunter: Pseudonym used by seven women, most of whom are from the UK; author of the Warrior Cats, Seeker Bears, and Survivors Dogs series.
- Mark Kermode: film critic, published a memoir in 2010.
- Jennifer Kirk
- George Knight: English author of Ghost Fiction.
- George Mann: British Steampunk writer.
- Tim Marquitz
- Tucker Max
- Graham McNeill
- China Miéville
- MeiLin Miranda
- Sandy Mitchell: Pseudonym used by author of the Ciaphas Cain Hero of the Imperium novels.
- Richard K. Morgan: Sci-fi and fantasy writer. Also known for his work on the 2012 Syndicate reboot and Crysis 2.
- Wen Spencer
- Charles Stross: writer of Accelerando and other works concerning posthumanism (as well as James Bond crossed with the Cthulhu Mythos).
- James Swallow
- Karen Traviss
- Jo Walton
- Catherine Webb
- GMW Wemyss: British critic, essayist, historian, and novelist.
- Elena May: Young adult fantasy, written and published in English
- Paul Anthony Shortt, urban fantasy author.