"If you're not writing for teenage girls, you're missing out on a lot of love."
— Stephenie Meyer
in an interview
with Entertainment Weekly
Meyer (born 1973) is best known for writing the Twilight
saga, and has also written another book, The Host
- Author Appeal: Meyer has gone on record and stated that she's attracted to both Edward and Jacob.
- Author Avatar: Her character Bella Swan seems to be this according to her haters, although Meyer claims that she is meant to be a kind of placeholder for female readers to project themselves on.
- The Author Avatar claim is said to be supported by a strong physical resemblance... and that's pretty much it. They are indeed both white women with brown hair and brown eyes, just like 50 % of her readers. Interestingly, Bella is actually the first name she wanted to give to a daughter who was never born.
- The name "Melanie Strider" is suspiciously similar to "Stephenie Meyer," even though, as before, this character only looks a little like her.
- Author Vocabulary Calendar: Meyer seems to have a bad habit of over-using the word "chagrin" in her stories. One short story of hers uses "chagrin" and variations of the word at least three times.
- Blondes are Evil: Some of her blonde characters are based off of people who were mean to her in life. Some blondes are good, but only if they're nice to the main characters.
- Creator Breakdown: She had one when a few chapters of her new project Midnight Sun were leaked on the internet.
- Creator Cameo: Shows up in the movie version of Twilight at a restaurant.
- She's also a guest at Bella and Edward's wedding in Breaking Dawn-Part 1.
- Fan Nickname: Smeyer.
- Spell My Name with an S: Extreme cases will spell her name Stephanie Meyers.