"If you're not writing for teenage girls, you're missing out on a lot of love."Stephenie Meyer (born 1973) is best known for writing the Twilight saga, and has also written two other books, The Host and The Chemist.
— Stephenie Meyer in an interview with Entertainment Weekly
- Author Appeal: Meyer has gone on record and stated that she's attracted to both Edward and Jacob.
- Author Vocabulary Calendar: Meyer seems to have a bad habit of over-using the word "chagrin" in her stories. One short story of hers uses "chagrin" and variations of the word at least three times.
- Creator Cameo: Shows up in the movie version of Twilight at a restaurant.
- She's also a guest at Bella and Edward's wedding in Breaking Dawn-Part 1.
- Gender Bender: She has rewritten Twilight (again) with this in mind, changing the genders of Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Given Jacob's small presence in the original Twilight, yet his becoming "Julie" here, it seems she may be intending to republish the other books the same way to include him/her.
- Self-Insert Fic: Her character Bella Swan seems to be this according to her haters (the claim is supported by a strong physical resemblance), although Meyer claims that she is meant to be a kind of placeholder for female readers to project themselves on.
- Interestingly, Bella is actually the first name she wanted to give to a daughter who was never born.
- The name "Melanie Strider" is suspiciously similar to "Stephenie Meyer," even though, as before, this character only looks a little like her.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Extreme cases will spell her name Stephanie Meyers.