"If you're not writing for teenage girls, you're missing out on a lot of love."Stephenie Meyer (born 1973) is best known for writing the Twilight saga, and has also written another book, The Host.
— Stephenie Meyer in an interview with Entertainment Weekly
- Author Appeal: Meyer has gone on record and stated that she's attracted to both Edward and Jacob.
- Author Avatar: Her character Bella Swan seems to be this according to her haters, although Meyer claims that she is meant to be a kind of placeholder for female readers to project themselves on.
- The Author Avatar claim is said to be supported by a strong physical resemblance... and that's pretty much it. They are indeed both white women with brown hair and brown eyes, just like 50 % of her readers. Interestingly, Bella is actually the first name she wanted to give to a daughter who was never born.
- The name "Melanie Strider" is suspiciously similar to "Stephenie Meyer," even though, as before, this character only looks a little like her.
- Author Vocabulary Calendar: Meyer seems to have a bad habit of over-using the word "chagrin" in her stories. One short story of hers uses "chagrin" and variations of the word at least three times.
- Creator Breakdown: She had one when a few chapters of her new project Midnight Sun were leaked on the internet.
- And then one followed when the Breaking Dawn backlash hit and The Host movie didn't do well.
- Creator Cameo: Shows up in the movie version of Twilight at a restaurant.
- She's also a guest at Bella and Edward's wedding in Breaking Dawn-Part 1.
- Deader Than Disco: The sharp decline in Twilight's popularity alongside Meyer's non-Twilight work being considered flops have not been kind to her career aspirations. Many, including former fans, see her today as a one-note author, and that's the kindest summary. The trope page itself goes into greater detail.
- Fan Nickname: Smeyer.
- Gender Bender: She has rewritten Twilight (again) with this in mind, changing the genders of Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Given Jacob's small presence in the original Twilight, yet his becoming "Julie" here, it seems she may be intending to republish the other books the same way to include him/her.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Extreme cases will spell her name Stephanie Meyers.